Almond Huller Job Description Sample
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
Responsible for the extraction of foreign material from raw almond meats.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manually removes non-specified almond kernels and foreign material from product while moving on a conveyer belt.
- Occasionally performs audits and document findings.
- Collects and logs all pick-out from sorting belts.
- This job description reflects managements assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Minimum level of education required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Incumbent must have good dexterity and visual ability to detect and manually extract foreign material from product on an electronically paced conveyor line.
- Must possess basic math skills and communication skills.
- Incumbents must be able to communicate quality issues and to management and QA personnel.
- Duties consist of repetitive tasks that are closely related and involve few choices. Incumbents are expected to identify problems and assist in solving.
- Overtime as necessary is a requirement to the performance of this position.
- Must understand Blue Diamond HACCP processes, Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMPs) and safety practices.
- Incumbent must be able to work in noisy environment, around equipment, in the exposure to elements and in dust or heights.
- Must be available to work any shift.
Typical number of Direct Reports
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves sitting, walking and lifting less than 10 pounds for long periods of time throughout the day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to herbal aromas and airborne particles. Employee is required to wear a dust mask and eye protection when needed.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee is required to wear hearing protection.
Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
High School/GED (Required)
Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People!
Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Regional CDL Driver / Hazmat & Tank Endorsement - Tractor Trailer
Brenntag Northeast, Inc. is an entity of Brenntag AG, the world’s largest full line chemical distributor, offering products and services for the Food, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care, Water Treatment, Construction, and Industrial Markets.
- Must have at least two (2) years recent incident-free driving experience,
- Hold a current CDL with HAZMAT and tank endorsement,
- current DOT physical and MVR required.
- Must Pass criminal background check.
Home every weekend.
Send resume with salary expectations to: Brenntag Northeast, Inc, 81 W Huller Lane, Reading PA 19605 or fax (610) 926-0695 or email email@example.com
Brenntag is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are part of the Brenntag Group , which entered the ingredient and chemical distribution business in 1912. Brenntag has successfully expanded to become the world market leader in full-line chemical distribution. Our U.S. business was established in the 1970s and expansion included acquisitions of distributors. We demonstrate that the distribution of chemicals and ingredients is not just a business for us. It is an attitude. And our passion is to be the best partner connecting our customers and suppliers in locals markets worldwide.
Brenntag is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sorters - Almonds
Sorters - Almonds # Stockton, CA
Job Snapshot # Location: Stockton, CA # Category: Industrial # Employee Type: Contingent # Duration: 24 weeks # Pay Rate: N/A
Apply Now Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings? Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox. # Contact
12/25/2017 # Job ID: 64303 # Contact: Volt # Phone:
Fax: # Description NOW HIRING SORTERS!! Volt is hiring Sorters to sort almonds per production specifications. These positions are located in Linden, Ca.
In this position you will analyze our product to determine quality, measure size and locate any defects in order to determine if the product meets USDA, customer and company standards. Follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), (that includes allergen control and food safety policy), BDG policies and safety practices while performing these job duties.
Sorters will manually removing defective almonds or foreign material from a moving belt while maintaining product quality by following customer specifications. Required to meet output standards, schedules, and deadlines designated by production standards and the Department Manager.
Communicates with other team players in a manner that will result in an informed, competent, and coordinated team atmosphere. Performs sanitation as needed. Other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by the Department Manager or Shift Lead.
Overtime as needed. Must be comfortable working on a conveyor line; you cannot be motion sensitive in this role. Must be comfortable working on your feet for your entire shift and working as part of a team.
First Shift: 6 AM - 2:30 PM with OT when required
Second shift: 2:30 PM - 11 PM yes OT when required For immediate consideration please contact Shemika at 209-952-5627, email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or respond to this email to schedule an interview. In order to promote this harmony in the workplace and to obey the laws related to employment, Volt maintains a strong commitment to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or parental status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.
Inspects almonds to assign USDA grades to all products we are processing. Understands, follows, and enters grading information into bin tags per The Almond Company grading sheet while being mindful of food quality, and food safety.
Enriched Living Resident Care Aide
ERIE Program (Toomey Abbott Towers, 1207 Almond Street, Syracuse) Full Time 3:00 pm-- 11:30 pm, to include every other weekend Full Time 11:00 pm -- 7:30 am, to include every other weekend Part Time 11:00 pm-- 7:30 am, to include every other weekend and a couple of days during the week Responsibilities to include an all-encompassing role to support the residents in a holistic sense. Daily care, medication management and personal care support of a 95 bed Enriched Living Program. High School diploma or equivalent, current Certified Home Health Aide or Personal Care Aide Certification preferred.
Promotion In Motion/PIM Brands is one of the fastest-growing snack and candy manufacturers and marketers in North America, and was ranked for the second consecutive year, one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) companies in the U.S. by The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and Information Resources, Inc. (IRI).
Our brands include Welch's® Fruit Snacks, Sun-Maid® Milk Chocolate Raisins, Sour Jacks® Sour Candies, Fisher® Milk Chocolate Peanuts, Toggi® Fine European Chocolate Wafers, Tuxedos® Chocolate Almond and many more. These beloved brands are found across North America in outlets including Wal-Mart, Target, Costco, Kroger and thousands of other grocery stores, movie theatres, convenience stores, vending machines and specialty retailers.
Responsible for overseeing the continuous and uninterrupted functioning of all packaging line systems and equipment for a 24/7 production environment
Supervises mechanics to ensure prompt response and efficient repairs to packaging equipment
Ensures that maintenance to all equipment is completed and complies with customer specifications, and ensures that food safety and quality are not jeopardized by complying with all GMP and HAACP Guidelines as well as SOPs
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversees and directs the speed of repairs to minimize downtime, minimizes the use of labor and parts, removes glitches in start-up, and addresses problems pro-actively
Assist in troubleshooting and repairs all packaging line systems and equipment including vertical form and fill bagging machines, rotary cartoners, weigh scales, tapers and conveyors
Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP
Follow PIM Brands GMP rules
Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMP's.
Make changeover adjustments to product bag, box size changes and to the machines
Researches needed parts and coordinates with purchasing department and vendors on pricing and availability.
Provides emergency response including equipment repair, situation stabilization and the mobilizing of resources as needed
Directs staff on projects, tasks and assignments within cost and time budgets, and on schedule
Provides staff training and development
Evaluates work and performance
Ensures safe work practices and ensures a safe work environment
Oversees and supervises assignments and work performed by the mechanics
Verifies and ensures the documentation of all repair records, preventive maintenance records and logs all filters and replacement parts
Ensures that maintenance to all equipment is completed and complies with customer specifications, and ensures that food safety and quality are not jeopardized by complying with all GMP and HAACP Guidelines as well as SOPs
Ability to work additional hours as needed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and crouching Must have high degree of manual dexterity to safely handle, position and guide metal products before, during and after fabrication. Must be able to operate hand tools, vices and fabricating machinery Lifting and moving of objects weighing at least 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and considered to enable an individual to perform the essential job functions.
Job will generally be performed in the manufacturing plant. Busy, active and noisy manufacturing plant and machine shop. Machinery requires knowledge of safety precautions and operations. Climates vary depending on work locations. Areas may be dirty and the presence of machine parts, tools and metal by products will be present. Hair net, beard net, assigned work uniform, protective eye wear and gloves are among the GMP required apparel that must be worn, if indicated, on the plant floor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- High School education or equivalent is strongly preferred, trade school highly desired
Practical experience in troubleshooting and diagnosing all major pieces of packaging equipment preferred
3-5 years experience in repairing of manufacturing packaging equipment.
At least 2 years' experience as a supervisor in a manufacturing facility
Must be skilled in mechanical repair, equipment set up, preventive maintenance and equipment changeovers
- Must possess knowledge of OSHA requirements and Confined Space/Lock-Out Tag-Out requirements
- Must be computer literate with office, technical and parts and maintenance software packages
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures in a food manufacturing environment
We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!
Promotion In Motion manufactures and markets licensed, proprietary and private label brands produced largely through its manufacturing affiliate PIM Brands, LLC, located in Somerset, NJ. The company also has wholly-owned subsidiaries in the U.K., Canada and Spain and maintains offices, warehouses and manufacturing sites throughout the United States, Canada and other locations worldwide.
Job Location: Hazleton, PA
* In this Union plant producing products such as Cadbury, Milk Bars, Almond Bars, Extra Dark Bars, Caramel Bars, Candy Coated Eggs, and Kit Kat, in a high speed complex environment…….. Within assigned Business Unit……… * The Reliability Lead is responsible for the overall maintenance and asset reliability of line(s) or process area, and will lead the maintenance strategies & drive process efficiency in support of the Hershey Lean program.
* * Management of the maintenance planning and scheduling processes, through work-order (SAP) prioritization and development of the schedule for maintenance activities.
The Reliability Lead will drive the improvement of maintenance processes to ensure sustainable asset reliability, including preventative and predictive measures through the analysis of plant maintenance data.
Collaborates with the Technical Assurance group to ensure asset management and inventory accuracy, and is responsible for driving related maintenance financial efficiency.
Assist in development of the 5 year capital plan
Manage capital projects
Accountable for the daily management systems supporting continuous improvement efforts, including defect handling and breakdown elimination (root cause analysis), while supporting equipment centerline and autonomous maintenance activities.
Participates in the daily shift huddles and direction setting meetings, reporting out on performance metrics and counter measures.
Engages with Mechanics & Operators, providing training and coaching to promote ownership of equipment and processes
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:* * Ability to coach and manage others to achieve results, following all safety, quality, and productivity policies and procedures
Strong critical thinking, problem solving, prioritization, and data analysis skills
Ability to effectively drive change in a fast paced environment
Ability to manage and develop both short term and long term maintenance strategies
Ability to function independently and take ownership of improvement processes
Knowledge of reliability methods and practices to maintain asset performance
- Minimum Education and Experience
* _ Education:_ * BS degree in Engineering or related discipline preferred
- Equivalent technical experience will be considered _ Experience:_ * Minimum of 3 years of maintenance, planning, or technical experience required.
Experience with Lean Manufacturing and TPM preferred
Experience with SAP-PM or other CMMS preferred The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Batch & Blend Equipment Operator
Job Title: Batch & Blend Equipment Operator
Facility: Bottling Plant
Reports to: Plant Supervisor
- This position is responsible for all equipment within the facility; this includes but is not limited to the following: sheer pump(s), batching tank(s), storage tank(s), drum chipper(s), mixing equipment, homogenizer(s). The only equipment not under this positions responsibility are the utility equipment, pasteurization systems, (as outlined in the Processing Specialist Job Description) and packaging equipment (as outlined in Equipment Operator Job Description)
- Operate all equipment within the facility to operational specifications
- Monitor all equipment within the facility for adherence to operational specifications, through either digital or handwritten logs
- Perform all basic sanitation needs for equipment within the facility
- Perform basic troubleshooting of equipment, this could include but is not limited to the following: clearing alarms/faults, inspecting equipment parts for damage, inspecting product/medium flow path for points of contamination/blockages/failures
- Perform basic equipment preventative maintenance of equipment, this could include but is not limited to the following: lubing/greasing mechanical parts, changing out air filters, re-filling of automated lubing systems, replacing gaskets
- Perform basic quality control analysis of product(s) produced on equipment within the facility, this could include but is not limited to the following: bottle torque, net content, lot code recording, raw material usage, label application, sanitization chemical titration
- Comply with all plant quality and operational safety policies, which includes but is not limited to GMPs, SSOPs, SOPs, PPE
- Perform all other duties as assigned by plant management
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
The following list of certificates/licenses/registrations is preferred while others are required.
- Better Process Control School – Preferred
- Cannery License – Preferred
- Pasteurizer License – Preferred
- HACCP – Preferred
- SQF – Optional
- Forklift Certification – Optional
Personnel in this position must demonstrate the following competencies to perform this job
- Quality workmanship in performing job duties
- Safety awareness
- Adaptability to ever changing demands in the operation
- Dependability to perform job duties as instructed
- Ability to be punctual to work and work when scheduled
- Competency in reading, and understanding all company issues policies, procedures and programs
- Competency in writing/recording, in English, equipment values or corrective actions taken
- Competency in addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, in all units of measure and be able to work with fractions and decimals
- Competency in using common sense and comprehension of training/SOPs/Policies/Programs to perform all job duties
Employees must be able to perform the following physical demands to successfully perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job. The employee with regularly be required to stand, walk, reach with their arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear. Employees will frequently be required to handle, install, position, or move materials/equipment. Employees will also be required to use abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without “giving out” or fatiguing. Employees must be able to frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 lbs.
Employees will be exposed to multiple temperature environments ranging from 34 - 100°F. Noise levels can be moderate to high in these environments as well. Employees will also be in the same room as pipes that will be hot (> 100°F), and carrying cleaning chemicals (caustics and acids).
Experienced Cake Decorator
Seeking FULL Time Cake Decorator.
Cake Decorator must be an experienced decorator who has creative and artful talents/abilities to create various trending designs and customer requests for custom cake designs as well as holiday designs and regular cake designs for the various cakes on regular display.
Experience in designing wedding cakes is also required. Most of the time customers will provide pictures of what they would like.
Dexterity is needed to use a variety of toppings ranging from chocolate granache, fondant, whip cream, butter cream, edible print-on "paper", frangipane, fresh fruit, almond paste, macaroon paste.
The person would also need experience in basic knowledge of sanitation.
On occasion the Decorator would need to work with the customer to fulfill the order requests.
Duties would include preparing icings, and cakes with various fillings, as well, when the cake preparer goes on vacation.
Knowledge of using a color spray machine and drawing on cakes by hand is also required.
Physical requirements- Walking, bending, twisting, squatting and various hand manipulations, plus lifting on occasion up to 25 Lbs., reaching above and at shoulder level and standing at least 8 hrs./day.
A health plan is available, as well as a Dental Plan and 401K Plan.
Salary dependent on experience.
New Product Development Manager - Smoothies (M/F)
We are a global company leading in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market. Along the way, we've delivered hundreds of millions of meals to millions of households worldwide, and we're passionate about disrupting one of the last industries to go online - food and grocery.
Within the Innovation team, you will work on projects which are new, exciting, and never normal. We work outside of the core business and therefore face challenges on a daily basis just like other small start-ups. This translates into a great opportunity to gain experience at a rapid pace.
Responsibility and ownership will be given to you from day one. We are fast-paced, and love working around the food world. About the job We recently launched a new venture created by the Global Innovation team at HelloFresh - it's called Froozeo.
Froozeo delivers frozen superfood smoothie ingredients that are perfectly portioned in a cup. All you need to do, is fill up the cup with your favorite liquid type (like almond milk), throw everything into the blender for 60 seconds, and there goes your pro-quality smoothie made at home. We believe the product turned out great.
Now we need someone who could help us take this to the next level. As a "New Product Development Manager – Smoothies", you will create, test, develop and evaluate our new product offerings to the customers. Some of the things you'll be taking ownership are:
Develop new smoothie recipes Develop new product recipes such as smoothie bowls, sundaes, soups, etc Coordinate testing and evaluate results Coordinate product photo shoots Put together market research and trend analysis report Who we're looking for 2 years of culinary experience, and or recipe development Incredible love towards smoothies, superfood or healthy eating Communicated and shared your recipes to the outside world in any way Great understanding of our customers and trends Great eyes on costs and operational impact (ops member will support you with this) Positive. Creative. Team player. Ready to be hands-on and go on the streets to hit your targets - more actions count at our early stage set up What we offer Work in a startup within a big startup.
We have a lot of flexibility to move fast and get things rolling Froozeo is at a very early stage - you will see an immediate impact of your work The opportunity to work in one of the most intellectually demanding and impactful roles in Europe's fastest growing startup A lot of exposure to everyone at HelloFresh A very steep learning curve and plenty of room for personal growth Work in a modern, spacious office in the heart of Berlin with excellent transportation links Employee perks like bi-weekly lunches, cultural events, sport clubs, employee discount on HelloFresh boxes, gyms and many more Competitive salary Are you up for the challenge? Drop us a line. Would you like to help create the next major innovation in the online food delivery world?
Then don't hesitate to submit your application below including your earliest starting date and salary expectations. SDL2017
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!