Alteration Tailor Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Alteration Tailor
Alterations Tailor: Alter & repair garments of various types & fabrics by machine & hand sewing.
Min 1 yr tailoring exp reqd. Mail resume to Yein Corp: 20 Walmart Plaza, Clinton, NJ 08809 Web Id: 00336NJ.com . Category: Manufacturing, Keywords: Tailor
Post a Job
Tailor / Alterations Specialist
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for skilled people to work in our Recovery Center. The ideal tailor/sewer is motivated, results oriented, and committed to providing outstanding customer service.
- Perform and complete alterations and repairs according to Nordstrom guidelines and service standards
- Organize workload and complete items on time
- Meet or exceed productivity targets
- Follow through on projects and other requests in a timely manner
- Actively build and maintain product knowledge through an awareness of fit, style, construction, and trends
- Educate co-workers on shop procedures and guidelines in a professional and friendly manner
- Maintain equipment and supply inventory and request reorders as necessary
- Must have 3-5 years previous experience or training in alterations/tailoring
- A high school diploma, or equivalent is preferred
- Understanding of safe and proper use of all equipment in the shop
- Ability to communicate clearly and interact with coworkers in a personable, professional manner
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Basic math and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Ability to work a flexible schedule- including overtime or weekends - based on department needs
- Successfully pass an on-site skills test where you will be evaluated on your ability to correctly operate sewing equipment and machines as well as correctly repair damaged merchandise
TO APPLY: Interested candidates may apply by going to Job Search & Apply at Careers.Nordstrom.com, Job ID 292356.
At our facility in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, a broad range of positions support our efforts to provide an outstanding customer shopping experience by processing customer orders, returns and inbound merchandise. When you join the Cedar Rapids team, you'll be welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
Seamstress / Tailor For Dry Cleaner Alterations
We are seeking a Seamstress or Tailor to work with our dry cleaning store. MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE.
- Wait on alterations customers and process their order
- Perform quality alterations per customer's needs
- Perform repairs as needed
- Experience as an alteration seamstress
- Good communication skills
Scheels is currently seeking a part time Alterations Specialist for our Johnstown, CO location. The Alterations Specialist will alter clothing to fit individuals customers, repair defectives garments following alterations and/or repairs marks on garments. This position will inspect and ensure finished garments meet quality standards. This position will also represent Scheels as a friendly, courteous and knowledgeable professional.
Essential Job Functions:
Fit and study garments on customers to determine required alterations
Measure clients to ensure proper product fit; follow markings done by others
Mark or pin-fold alteration lines
Sew garments, suing needles and thread or sewing machines
Examine tags on garments to determine alterations that are needed
Repair or replace defective garment parts such as pockets, zippers, snaps, buttons and linings
Press garments using hand irons or pressing machines
Check garment for quality; examine finished garment for qualitative standards
Responsible for preventive maintenance on equipment
Excellent customer service and communication skills
Demonstrate strong organization, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and problem solving skills
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, perform operations using units of currency and measurements
Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and consideration
With or without, be able to sit, and/or stand, for extended periods of time. Able to reach, balance, walk, and bend to accurately measure and fit garments to customers
Lead product knowledge meetings as requested by leadership to demonstrate proper measuring, marking lines and pinning of garments to fellow associates.
Ability to work assigned schedule which may include varied hours, evening, weekends and holidays
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to life, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met
Associate is frequently required to do the following with or without accommodations:
Standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time
Repetitive motions requiring use of both wrist, hands and feet for machine control
Able to work for extended periods of time
Able to reach, balance, walk and bend
Able to hold normal conversations and receive ordinary information
Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates. Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform their duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of injury.
Education and Experience:
Ideal candidate will have two to four years of related experience or training or equivalent combination of both.
Must be flexible to work 15-20 hours a week day hours mostly.
Scheels offers a complete benefit package to include:
Employee Stock Ownership Program (after one-year of service or 1000 hours)
Best Associate Discount in Retail
Employee Assistance Program
We provide Scheels Shirts
All full-time and part-time associates will be paid for two (2) hours per month for volunteer work in their community during or non-working hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Scheels complies fully with all local, state and federal employment laws and shall provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, the presence of any mental or physical disability, status with regard to public assistance or marriage, or any other category protected by local, state or federal law.
To take advantage of this excellent opportunity, please complete our online application and attach your resume, or stop by 4755 Ronald Reagan Blvd., Johnstown, CO 80534 to complete a paper application.
Post a Job
Tailor The sky's the limit! Excellent opportunity! Pilgrim Cleaners is looking for an experienced tailor for our store in Chanhassen.
This is a full time position! Our tailors are encouraged to work as many hours as they would like to help build a customer base. This position will start out as hourly, and then once a customer base is established, (about one month) will switch over to straight commission with unlimited earning potential!
Applicants should have at least two years of experience in tailoring, including hems, linings, buttons, zippers, wedding gowns, etc.
A FULL TIME tailor can earn 40K per year or more!
Benefits available include:
- Vacation Pay
- 401K with company match
- A full array of insurance options are available as well.
We are looking for an experienced alterations specialist to join one of the premier dry cleaning companies in the greater Charlotte area. We have five retail locations as well as assist customers at our company plant. Many of these clients require some form of alteration to an item.
· Must have experience in this area
· 40 hours/week with some flexibility in the hours day-to-day as long as items are being handled in a proper amount of time.
· Must have a positive attitude
Tailor / Seamstress
Synuity Staffing is looking for experienced Seamstress in Plant City, FL . We are looking for hard working , motivated , and reliable candidates.
Responsibilities for Tailor / Seamstress:
- Alterations and reconstruction on customer garments
- Experienced and Quality work
Requirements for Tailor / Seamstress:
- Professional Alterations experience with Straight Stitch, Serger, and Blind Stitch sewing machines
- Able to follow chalk and fitting marks
- Know proper alteration techniques
Synuity Staffing provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Seamstresses / Fitters / Tailor
Experienced bridal fitters and seamstresses need for an upscale bridal salon on Fifth Avenue, NYC. Positions also available on Long Island in Carle Place/Westbury and Massapequa. Candidates must have bridal experience in sewing and fitting. Competitive salary.
Please submit a resume.
Ios Lead Engineer With Tailored Brands
You may also apply directly at: https://californiainterviews.com/job/ios-lead-engineer-with-tailored-brands/
The position listed below is not with California Interviews but with Tailored Brands
California Interviews is a private organization that works in collaboration with government agencies to promote emerging careers. Our goal is to connect you with supportive resources to supplement your skills in order to attain your dream career.
California Interviews has also partnered with industry leading consultants & training providers that can assist during your career transition. We look forward to helping you reach your career goals! If you any questions please visit our contact page to connect with us directly
Tailored Brands provides a personal, convenient, one-of-a-kind shopping experience with compelling products and world-class service. Tailored Brands features leading menswear Men s Wearhouse, Jos.
A. Bank and Moores Clothing for Men; designer brand Joseph Abboud; family retailer K&G Fashion Superstore; and corporate apparel leaders TwinHill, Alexandra, Dimensions and Yaffy. Responsibilities:? Design, build, and maintain iOS Applications? Deliver high quality code efficiently?
Serve as the lead technical person for multiple ongoing projects? Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features? Assist in identifying scalable technical solutions?
Evaluate and contribute to intuitive UX designs? Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization? Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs *Skills, Abilities, Experience & Qualifications Requirements ? BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience? 4+ Years Experience with Objective C, Swift, and React?
Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.? Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services? Experience deploying apps both using the App Store and internal tools? Deep understanding of iOS Human Interface Guidelines?
Experience integrating HTML into applications? Understanding of the design considerations imposed by less reliable networks? Experience using quality and stability analysis in a production environment?
Experience using automated build and deployment tools? Knowledge of considerations in supporting multiple iOS versions? Delivered apps with integration of outside devices connected via bluetooth?
Ability to evaluate expandable and reliable REST-ful interfaces? Experience with SQL and on device cache architectures? Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, svn?
Excellent verbal and written communication skills? Ability to lead a team of iOS Engineers
- Work Environment, Physical & Mental Demands ? Ability to maintain a sustained posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time and operate computer equipment? Ability to work at least 40 hours per week from the Company s Fremont, California corporate office with flexibility based on project needs? Exerts up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount frequently to move objects. - provided by Dice
C, Swift, React, Core Data, Core Animation, RESTful APIs, iOS Human Interface, SQL
Associated topics: android, app, ios, mobile app, mobile application, mobile developer, object c, objective c, swift, xcode
Post a Job
Master Tailor / high level alteration tailor
- Must be able to alter complex alterations for Men's clothing
- Must be able to stitch by hand
- Must be able to manage other tailors
- Must be able to work with outside garments
- Must be able to re-cut men's jackets
- Must be able to interface with clients
- Must be able to help guide clients on best fit