Alum Plant Operator Job Description Sample
Assistant Water Treatment Plant Operator
Assistant Water Treatment Plant OperatorTrenton, New Jersey Apply Save Type:Contract Category:Industrial & Manufacturing Compensation Range:15.14 Per Hour Job ID:121158 Date Posted:09/14/2017 SUMMARY
Receives instruction and/or on the job training in the operation of a water treatment plant
Performs routine tasks such as recording meter readings and taking water samples
Performs routine maintenance and repair work on pumps, electric motors, valves and other mechanical equipment
Performs housekeeping tasks such as cleaning and maintaining plant equipment and property
Under direction of an experienced water treatment plant operator, adjusts, regulates and maintains alum and lime feeders, chemical feed machines, chlorinators, purification machines, and water filters, flowmeters, and other mechanical equipment
Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and computerized information systems used by the agency, office, or related units QUALIFICATIONS + 1+ year of previous knowledge of the operation and maintenance of mechanical equipment
Ability to learn procedures to be followed in operating, adjusting, regulating, and maintain alum and lime feeders, chemical feed machines, chlorinators, purification machines, water filter, flowmeters, and other mechanical equipment
HSD or equivalent
Water Treatment (T-1) license required
Valid NJ driver’s license
Able to stand for long periods of time
Works well with others
Attention to detail
Good communication skills
Ability to work a rotating shift
US Citizenship required Apply Save
Water Plant Operator / Senior Water Plant Operator
Job Title: WATER PLANT OPERATOR / SENIOR WATER PLANT OPERATOR Closing Date/Time:
Mon. 11/27/17 11:59 PM Pacific Time Salary: See Position Description Job Type: Full-Time Location: 5750 Almaden Expressway, San Jose, CA, California Print Job Information | Apply Description Benefits Supplemental Questions Unit:
South Water Treatment Operations Division: Water Utility Operations and Maintenance Position Code: 0765 Salary: Based on a seven-step salary plan.
Pre-tax payroll deductions toward CalPERS contributions are required of all employees. Water Plant Operator Monthly Salary: $7,162.13 - $9,172.80 Senior Water Plant Operator Monthly Salary: $7,907.47 - $10,119.20 NOTE: Normal business hours are Monday-Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm.
The Santa Clara Valley Water District offers a variety of work schedules suited to accommodate the business needs of the organization. For more information on the Santa Clara Valley Water District's Flexible Work Schedule Program visit http://www.valleywater.org/Careers/Benefits.aspx The supplemental questions should be answered thoroughly, clearly and concisely as the responses provided (along with the entire application package) will be carefully reviewed to determine which candidates will move forward in the recruitment process. NOTE: This position will be assigned to work at the Santa Teresa Water Treatment Plant.
Duties: To perform the duties of a state-designated shift operator in the monitoring and operation of a District water treatment plant and, as necessary, to perform the duties of an Assistant Water Plant Operator. Tasks include regulating flows within the system; monitoring and operating facility equipment; and ensuring compliance with prescribed state and federal codes and regulations. Operators work 12-hour shifts, rotating approximately every 6 months between "days", "nights" and "relief". Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Oversee all plant activities on an assigned shift (i.e., maintain situational awareness of, or assist in, maintenance, engineering, and construction work, special projects, contractors, non-plant District employees and all plant visitors; represent the treatment plant with personnel located offsite such as retailers, regulators, other District plants and support units, and other water agencies; direct the activities of the operator on shift; and formulate production and quality related decisions.
Use SCADA to monitor and control plant operations, investigate and respond to alarms; scan multiple computer monitors simultaneously; navigate program screens to observe, track and retrieve on-line instrumentation readings for water, chemicals and equipment. Control process systems and analyze data to ensure State and Federal drinking water codes and regulations are met.
Perform data entry into spreadsheets and database programs, initiate and follow up on work orders for preventative and corrective maintenance; create and revise standard operating procedures; order chemicals, maintain, compile and review plant operations data; complete entries into the plant's log book; participate in pass down and review SCADA system to determine plant status and activities at shift change.
Perform shift duties as the assistant operator including plant rounds; physically observing treatment process and equipment functions, cleaning and maintenance procedures on operating equipment and facilities such as flocculators, basins, belt presses, pipes and containment and delivery areas.
Perform scheduled and emergency plant shut-downs and start-ups.
Train lower-level operator staff; sign off on training schedules. Ideal candidate's background includes:
Understanding of key regulations, including filter turbidity, disinfection (Ct), and disinfection byproducts, as well as reporting procedures and requirements.
Knowledge of safe work practices around water treatment plant chemicals and equipment.
Proficient in water treatment math and chemistry.
Detailed understanding of regulations, and familiarity with new or pending regulations such as algal toxicity.
Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), SCADA, Maximo.
Significant experience/expertise in operating and troubleshooting standard and advanced water treatment plant equipment. Typical
WATER PLANT OPERATOR Experience: Two (2) years of experience performing work as an operator at a water treatment plant that is rated as a T4 or higher facility. License or Certificate:
Possession of a valid Grade T3 Water Treatment Operator certificate issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB). SENIOR WATER PLANT OPERATOR Experience: Five 5 years of experience as an operator at a water treatment plant. Two (2) of the five (5) years must have been working as a state-designated shift operator while holding a valid T3 operator certificate at a facility rated at a T4 level or higher.
License or Certificate: Possession of a valid Grade T4 Water Treatment Operator certificate issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB). Special Requirement: Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license is required.
Individuals who do not meet the driver's license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Selected candidate may be required to successfully pass a medical examination. To review the Classification Specification, please click here Selection Process: (1) The selection process may include one or more of the following: application review, application assessment, performance test, written test and/or oral interview examination. (2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated for minimum qualifications.
Resumes are recommended. NOTE: Position and start date is subject to availability of funds. The District retains the right to repost this position as deemed necessary.
Consideration may be given to existing applicant pools within the same classification. The District's Equal Opportunity Non-Discrimination Policy is available for review upon request. The Santa Clara Valley Water District will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities.
Please advise Human Resources in advance of any special needs by calling 1-408-630-2260. Please be aware that once submitted all application materials become the property of the District and will not be returned. Human Resources staff is not authorized to make copies of application materials for applicants.
Water Treatment Plant & Distribution Operator & Senior Operator
Water Treatment Plant & Distribution Operator & Senior Operator (Multiple Positions Available in San Diego county and Orange county
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:Candidate must have at least 5-years experience as a water treatment and distribution plant operator that includes experience working directly with the treatment process, water distribution and SCADA controls.
Job responsibilities for this position are as follows: Oversee and manage all operational tasks at water treatment plants. This includes operating and monitoring the water treatment plant process equipment, such as: pumps, motors, blowers etc. to ensure that treated water meets the treatment or distribution objectives.
Required qualifications include: High School Diploma or GED, at least 5-years experience working as a water treatment and or distribution operator, California drivers license with clean record, able to operate all water treatment and or distribution equipment, interpret field and analytical test results, effectively communicate and demonstrate mathematical competence, mechanical ability, problem solving and good communication skills.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS: California Treatment I and Distribution I to Treatment III and Distribution III Operators
Competitive Salary and Benefits Offered
Pay range is $20.00/hour to $40.00/hour and is based on experience, water treatment and distribution license grades and if the candidate possesses additional California certifications for wastewater treatment or collections
Lead Sales Associate-Pt In Alum Bank, PA
At Dollar General, our customer is at the center of everything we do! We are a fast-moving Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 14,000 stores and 14 distribution centers in 44 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation and teamwork. At Dollar General, you can see a clear and fast path to career growth and success. We are committed to attracting talented and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others." Let's Grow Together! GENERAL SUMMARY: Function as a Cashier and/or Stocker and act in a lead capacity in the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager. Assist in setting and maintaining plan-o-grams and programs. Provide exemplary customer service. Perform other duties as necessary to maximize profitability, customer satisfaction, and teamwork, while protecting company assets and reducing losses. DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Unload trucks according to the prescribed process for the store.
Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack cartons and totes.
Stock merchandise; rotate and face merchandise on shelves and build merchandise displays.
Restock returned and recovered merchandise.
Order zones and drop shipment categories, following prescribed ordering practices, as assigned by the Store Manager.
Assist in plan-o-gram implementation and maintenance.
Assist customers by locating merchandise.
Bail cardboard and take out trash; dust and mop store floors; clean restroom and stockroom.
Greet customers as they enter the store.
Maintain register countertops and bags; implement register countertop plan-o-grams.
Operate cash register and flatbed scanner to itemize and total customer's purchase; bag merchandise.
Collect payment from customer and make change.
Clean front end of store and help set up sidewalk displays.
Help to maintain a clean, well-organized store and facilitate a safe and secure working and shopping environment.
Provide superior customer service leadership.
Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
Open and/or close the store under specific direction of the Area Manager. In the Absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager:
Authorize and sign for refunds and overrides; count register; make bank deposits.
Assist in maintaining strict cashier accountability, key control, and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures.
Monitor cash levels and make appropriate drawer pulls as directed by the Store Manager.
Monitor cameras for unusual activities (customers and employees), if applicable.
Supply cashiers with change when needed.
Complete all required paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines as assigned. KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
Ability to perform IBM cash register functions.
Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices.
Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
Understanding of safety policies and practices.
Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise presentation guidance. WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
High school diploma or equivalent and six months of supervisory experience (or related experience/training) preferred. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Requisition ID: 2016-82601 Street: 3626 QUAKER VALLEY RD External Company URL: http://www.dollargeneral.com
Heavy Equipment Operator - Recycling Plant - Pembroke Pines - (Nvpm)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary Operates a wide variety of heavy equipments vehicles that perform the spreading and compaction of construction demolition, commercial and residential waste disposed at the post collection facilities. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
Operates heavy equipments in compliance with the company operating safety policies and procedures.
Conducts routine equipment inspections and preventative maintenance on equipment; maintains accurate records
Moves and positions raw materials and finished components with use of material moving equipments.
Follow appropriate standard operating procedures as guideline for operating and maintaining vehicle
Performs other duties as assigned. III. Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job. A. Education and Experience
Education: Not required
Experience: 2 years of relevant work experience. B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Driver License C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
None required. V. Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds occasionally;
Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
Normal setting for this job is: shop or field. Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here. Benefits At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site. If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator Trainee
Boiler Plant Operator - Maintenance & Repair Support
Opening: BOILER PLANT OPERATOR, MAINTENANCE & REPAIR SUPPORT
Location: Hamilton, Montana
Hours: Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Direct Deposit; Medical, Dental, Vision
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent and at least 5 - 10 years of experience in the field.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May report directly to a supervisor or manager.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
· Shall be qualified (i.e. appropriately licensed, certified, etc.) skilled and knowledgeable in maintaining, repairing, trouble-shooting, monitoring, installing, and operating boiler plant systems including, but not limited to, boilers, pumps and electric equipment.
· Must hold the appropriate boiler license per the Department of Labor and Industry, Business Standards Division, 2001 Montana Code, Title 50, Chapter 74, Boilers and Steam Engines
· Must be flexible to work a rotational schedule (day shift, swing shift, mid shift).
· Must be able to pass a background investigation
· Shall also have the ability to drive a motorized vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
· Operation of the central boiler plant includes the start-up and shutdown of boilers, associated boiler equipment, operator maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and inspection.
· Shall maintain complete control of the boiler plant operation by preparation and adherence to written operating procedures.
· Shall have a strong knowledge and skill in boiler plant trade.
· Some basic mathematics is required to help compute utility related requirements.
· Employee must be able to read, interpret standard construction blueprint and operating manuals.
· Shall have basic knowledge of how the work relates to other trades and is capable of using all utility system trade related tools and equipment.
· Shall perform outages and support construction activities as necessary.
· Shall operate, repair and maintains applicable tools and equipment relating to the trade.
· Visual and sensory perception along with hand-eye coordination is required to operate equipment, detect deficiencies and make repairs; diagnose problems; and make installment of devices, equipment, parts, etc.
· Shall perform the necessary tests on hardness, phosphate, sulfite, causticity (alkalinity as OH), pH, and total dissolved solids (conductivity)
· Shall be responsible for meeting the present operating standard of the boiler plant. This shall be based on present efficiency of the boilers. Boiler efficiency shall be calculated by the ASME input/output method.
· Shall provide and maintain operating logs on all operating equipment which will note operator checks, repairs and adjustments, and a record file noting normal or abnormal operating conditions, deficiencies or malfunctions, and corrective action taken.
· Shall clean and prepare the steam system boilers and unfired pressure vessels in the system for certification
· Shall maintain and repair the steam distribution system
At HPC, we change lives by developing, managing and delivering innovative workforce solutions that exceed the expectations of government entities and private employers. Let us put you to work!
Cord Plant Operator
Since 1988, People Plus has been guided by three words: Service, Value and Safety. We strive to provide value to our clients with the best service possible. We strive to offer our employees new opportunities and a safe work place.
Our employees are critical to our past and future success, so we are very proud that they have voted us one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky in for the past 5 years. Additionally, we received the Best of Staffing- Client Award and Best of Staffing- Talent award for the past 4 years. People Plus offers competitive pay, medical benefits, and holiday/vacation accrual. People Plus is a family-owned business that has been serving the staffing and recruiting needs in Kentucky for over 29 years. Visit our website at www.peopleplusinc.com
Portable Redi-Mix Batch Plant Operator
We are seeking a full-time Concrete Batch Plant Operator to join our team! Currently accepting applications for a portable batch plant operator. Experience preferred But Willing To Train. Job requires travel throughout the Midwest & operators must be flexible to the needs of the company & its customers. Must be available for after hours work when needed.
Operator - Waste Water Treatment Plant
ABOUT US ECOLOGY
US Ecology, Inc. is a leading North American provider of environmental services to commercial and government entities. The Company addresses the complex waste management needs of its customers by offering treatment, disposal and recycling of industrial, hazardous and radioactive waste, as well as a wide range of complementary field and industrial services. US Ecology’s focus on safety, environmental compliance, and customer service, enables us to effectively meet the needs of our customers and to build long-lasting relationships. Headquartered in Boise, Idaho, with operations in the United States, Canada and Mexico, the Company has been protecting the environment since 1952.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all US Ecology policies and procedures.
- Conduct inspections of oil water separators
- Conduct inspections of outfalls
- Conduct inspections and replacement of booms
- Establish and maintain productive relationship with customers and their onsite
- Actively work towards ISO compliance for all operations
- Effectively communicate, integrate and ensure compliance with all QEH&S policies in all operations
- Communicate/coordinate all project information with Compliance Manager.
- Establish and maintain a safe work environment in accordance with OSHA
regulations and site specific Health & Safety Plan and client Health & Safety.
- Coordinate the performance of work in accordance with specifications and
- On call 24-hour emergency response for assigned periods.
- Performance of other duties and responsibilities as required by management.
- Perform tasks to enable the proper operation of systems, and perform additional tasks as necessary.
- Performance of other duties and responsibilities as required by management.
Performs other, related duties as assigned. These are duties which may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but which are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s class of work.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have good interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude at all times with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and some related experience and/or training. Knowledge of MS Word software. Accurately and quickly work (or learn to work) the telephone console, the paging system and any other related equipment.
- Candidate must have excellent technical knowledge of health and safety.
- Past experience with MBTA, CSX or Amtrak will be viewed favorably.
- Individual must possess knowledge associated with the licensing, permitting and other regulatory requirements necessary to perform scope of work.
- Previous job experience in a similar field required.
- Maintain current Grade 3(or higher) Waste Water Treatment Operator License &
working knowledge of ISO compliance & certification procedures and processes
- Past experience with integration of health and safety and system management required.
- Must have experience with supervising large scale WWT operations and systems.
- Must have Emergency Response experience
- Must have past experience navigating through and around Boston and Boston suburbs.
- Must possess excellent communication and writing skills.
- Must acquire and maintain certification of 40 hour training with annual updates as well as medical clearance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work alone and work extended hours with frequent interruptions while handling various non-standard situations.
- This work requires high concentration with a moderate level of stress.
- Ability and proficiency in the use of computers.
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and to make sound decisions or to refer problems to appropriate people for decision-making.
- Employee shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with co-workers, clients, customers and vendors.
- To perform the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, and use a PC.
- Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Visits to operation sites should not represent different physical demands.
- The work is typically performed in an office/field environment. In the course of advising or counseling managers, supervisors, and employees, the individual may encounter aggressive or unpredicted behavior.
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
NO THIRD PARTIES OR RECRUITERSPLEASE.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!