Aluminum Hydroxide Process Operator Job Description Sample
Aluminum Casting Equipment Operator
Operates equipment, such as furnace, melting pots, die casting equipment, robots, cutting equipment which produces aluminum parts for automotive and power sports vehicles.
Must have good physical capabilities, mechanical knowledge, endurance for hot environment.
8 hour shifts 5 days per week. 6 days required frequently for some lines
High School diploma/ GED
Chemical Process Operator
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. We offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities for professional development. At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, paid vacation and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. Employee engagement is not just something we talk about at Chemtrade, but fulfilled through exciting programs like Employee Recognition and Rewards (CHEers!), and Chemtrade University.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction amongst employees within and throughout different departments and locations. We treat our employees with fairness and equity. We value diversity, recognize the benefits of an inclusive work environment and pride ourselves on our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Chemtrade is one of the world’s largest suppliers of sulphuric acid, liquid sulphur dioxide (SO2) and sodium hydrosulphite (SHS), and a leading processor of spent sulphuric acid. Chemtrade is also a leading regional supplier of sulphur and sodium chlorate, one of only two North American producers of phosphorous pentasulphide and also produces zinc oxide and water treatment chemicals. Chemtrade obtains these products from its own production facilities and through long-term marketing services agreements and distributes them to customers around the world. In January 2014, Chemtrade acquired General Chemical, a leader in water chemicals with nearly 50 North American production facilities. Chemtrade manufactures a broad line of organic and inorganic chemicals for a wide variety of industries and applications. Our products include aluminum sulfate, aluminum chlorohydrate, and ferric sulfate for water treatment applications. We stand behind our products with solid technical support. We are one of the leading producers across every business we service.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Support the plant by completing all required Level -I chemical operator duties and responsibilities. Shift work is required; along with periods of week day and week end overtime as designated by site supervision.
Perform chemical synthesis and blending operations according to Chemtrade Standards and Operating procedures:
- Load ACH (aluminum chlorohydrate) reaction vessels:
- Within the reaction vessel manually reposition and restack the residual spent aluminum bars (ingot). Bars can range in weight from 1 – 50 lb.-Reload and restack up to 320 x 50 lb. aluminum bars (ingot) over a maximum 2 hr. period loading period.-Exit the reaction vessel and reseal the man way.
- Loading operations can be performed up to 3 times in an 8 hr. shift, depending on batch sequencing.
- Stack all 50 lb. aluminum bars in a designated pattern, to a stack height of up to but not exceeding 6 ft.
- Clean reactor floor and manually remove spent aluminum pieces and waste material using 5 gallon bucket (ranging in weight from 25 – 50 lb.).
- Safely enter the reaction vessel through a 24” (or larger) diameter, side entry manway.
- Chemical Batch Manufacture:
- Turn valves or adjust controls to maintain systems at specified temperature, pressure, and vacuum levels.-Draw samples of products for laboratory analysis.
- Maintain a log of gauge readings and shift production.
- Observe chemical reactions; monitor gauges, signals, and recorders; receive notification from control laboratory, supervisor, or other workers to make specified operating adjustments.
- Operate equipment units or semiautomatic systems that processes chemical substances into industrial products; load specified amounts of solid materials into specific mixing ; control valves to feed liquid materials through flow meters to specific mixing vessels or set controls in specified sequence on control panel to start automatic feed.
- Perform loading, off loading and trans-loading operations according to Chemtrade Standards and Operating Procedures.
- Perform pre-start up safety and operating checks as well as operate mobile equipment such as front end loader, skid steer loader, scissor lift, and forklift.
- Complete and maintain processing, quality and ISO documentation and records.
- Provide information to site supervision and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Perform ongoing chemical analysis of designated raw materials and finished products as required by site procedures.
- Actively follow all site housekeeping procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by site supervision or lead operator.
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalency is required.
- Three (3) years’ work experience in a chemical environment or related industry is preferred.
- The ability to understand and communicate electronically prepared data is essential.
- The candidate will ideally have some general industrial maintenance experience to include: pipe fitting, pump repair, and pump installation.
- Experience operating a forklift, boom truck, front-end loader and or other heavy equipment is preferred.
- Possession of a valid driving license with a clean driving record is a requirement.
- Must be capable of performing and understanding, general process and laboratory calculations as required by the manufacturing procedures.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work under minimum of supervision, be highly motivated, energetic, and enjoy working as part of a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Employee must have physical strength, hand-eye coordination and endurance.
- Employee must be physically capable of entering and exiting confined space reaction vessels through restricted openings.
- The employee will be required to perform intense labor as described above (handling and manipulating 50 lb metal bars and bags, up to 300 times in the course of an 8 hr. shif, under ambient temperatures or warmer).
- Employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee is required to climb multi-level stairs/ladders to perform his duties.
- Employees will be required to wear site designated PPE at all times which includes but not limited to, hard hats, steel toe cap boots, safety specs , safety shields, coveralls, PVC acid resistant suits, hearing protection and an assortment of hand protection.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job may include close vision.
- Must be physically capable of occasionally spending long hours sitting in an office environment.
- Must be “fit for all the above duties”.
Must be able to perform under the following conditions:
- Access work in awkward or confining workspaces.
- Work in elevated places.
- Work in outdoor environment.
- Work in noisy environment.
- Work in areas that are dusty and have some odor from chemicals and etc.
- Safety is a job requirement.
- Able to work in Adverse Weather Conditions.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.
MIG Welder - Aluminum
We like it when our employees have goals. What about you? Are you ready to grow with your challenges? We at MAHLE are a leading international supplier to the automotive industry. With our products for combustion engines and their peripherals as well as solutions for electric vehicles, we address all crucial issues related to the powertrain and air conditioning technology. Today, some 77.000 employees work on innovative products at 170 locations and 16 major development locations.Working together, we optimize existing technologies, develop new engineering concepts and set standards. By reducing fuel consumption and CO2 emissions, we are making an important contribution – for a better climate, with every second vehicle statistically. MIG Welder - Aluminum Would you like to take on assignments with a high level of responsibility?
Perform MIG welding operations on aluminum.
Follow detailed weld repair procedures.
Perform all set-up of welding equipment.
Read and follow all process documentation and operator instructions.
Meet all productivity and quality standards.
Work Production Associate role as needed.
Must be flexible to work overtime and other shift as needed. Impress us – with your professional and personal skills.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
Welding certification and/or MIG welding work experience required.
Must pass welder qualification tests per AWS D1.2.
Thorough knowledge of welding processes and procedures.
Experience interpreting blueprints, operator instructions, and process documentation. We offer you excellent opportunities for growth and development, tailored specifically for you. We ensure this through regular meetings focused on feedback and a diverse training program. We value outstanding performance. That’s why our goal is to work with you on a long-term basis. We not only encourage you to reach your potential, we also offer performance-based pay and flexible working options for your different stages of life. Go your path – with us. Ms. Amber Paugh is available to answer any questions at email@example.com. EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled
Opening For Aluminum Manufacturing
We are seeking an addition to our team For Aluminum Manufacturing! The welder / punch operator / saw operator will prepare aluminum louver parts for assembly.
- Saw parts to length with chop saws
- Punch parts using dedicated punch presses and tooling
- Weld parts to create louver components and finished assemblies
- Previous 1-3 years experience in welding, manufacturing, or other related fields
- Familiarity with welding tools and procedures
- Familiarity with drawings and schematics
- Ability to handle physical workload
Process Operator Finishing
Welders - Steel & Aluminum
Requisition Number:2298Job Title:Welders - Steel & AluminumArea of Interest:Skilled TradesCity:MarinetteState/Province:Wisconsin
Marinette Marine Corporation, a Fincantieri Marine Group Company, is a progressive shipyard specializing in building ships for the United States Coast Guard and United States Navy, as well as commercial vessels. We currently have an opportunity for Steel and Aluminum Welders at our Marinette, Wisconsin location.Responsibilities will include:Welds or tack welds metal parts together, electric, or gas welding equipment.
Connects hoses from torch to tanks of oxygen and fuel gas, and turns valves to release mixture. Ignites torch and regulates flow of gas and air to obtain desired temperature. Preheats work pieces preparatory to welding or bending, using torch.
Examines work piece for defects and measures work piece with straightedge or template to ensure conformance with specifications. Climbs ladders or works on scaffolds to assemble structures. Signals crane operator to move large work pieces.
Dismantles metal assemblies or cuts scrap metal, using thermal-cutting equipment such as flame-cutting torch or plasma-arc equipment. Positions and secures parts, using hoist, crane, wire and banding machine, or hand tools. Selects, positions, and secures torch, cutting tips, or welding rod, according to type, thickness, area, and desired temperature of metal.
Guides and directs flame or electrodes on or across work piece to straighten, bend, melt, or build up metal. Fuses parts together, seals tension points, and adds metal to build up parts.Candidates are required to have a high school diploma or equivalent, able to read and comprehend blue prints, work at heights and in confined spaces. Candidates must also be able to read a tape measure, pressure gauge, level, and square, and be able to work either of two shifts and work in inclement weather.
Candidates must be able to pass a qualification test prior to being considered for hire.Marinette Marine offers competitive pay with benefits in a growth-oriented environment. Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply. Apply online at https://www3.apply2jobs.com/fmg/.Fincantieri Marinette Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment.
Minorities, Women, Veterans and Disabled are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Aluminum MIG Welder
Job Description: Large manufacturing company is looking for aluminum MIG welders.
Individual will be responsible for for MIG welding aluminum and steel on a variety of trucking parts and in a manufacturing environment, under the supervision and direction of department production supervisor. Job duties include: 1. Performs aluminum and steel welding operations to support the production floor. 2.
Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the team lead and department supervisor. 3. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations. 4. Must be familiar with welding & fabrication concepts in order to perform the tasks stated above. 5.
Must be able to operate a stand‐up and sit‐down forklift 6. Must be able to weld a finished product Job Requirements
1. 2‐3 years of manufacturing‐related experience. 2. 2‐3 years of aluminum welding in a production environment 3. Strong ability to read a tape measure and blueprints. 4.
Strong understanding of safety and quality processes. Physical
The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance.
The employee must be able to stand and walk for long periods up time (up to 8‐10 hours per day), reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. Must also be able to bend and twist as necessary. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Posted: 10/24/2017 Category: Aluminum MIG Welder
- Job Type:* Contract to Direct
Description Here, at Textron Marine & Land Systems, we pride ourselves on providing our employees with increasing pay and benefit packages, program longevity, strong safety culture, no rain-out days, and playing a critical role in defending our nation's freedom!
Job Summary : A
Welder performs any and all welding tasks as assigned by management based on the needs of the business.
Responsibilities: * Structural welding and/or fitting of the craft/vehicle.
Self-inspect work performed to ensure that work meets the Quality requirements and specifications.
Typical tools include but are not limited to crescent wrench and wire cutters.
May work from Engineering drawings, sketches, shop orders and written and verbal instructions.
Performs other job related duties as assigned by management. Qualifications
Education: High school graduate or GED certificate.
* One (1) plus years of related (MIG, aluminum, TIG or flux core).
Formal craft training with the ability to read blueprints and sketches and the ability to do shop mathematics.
Demonstrated skills based on the results of the welding test.
Must be able to certify as a Welder and in accordance with M&L policies and standards.
Must regularly lift, move or carry 40 pounds.
Willingness and flexibility to work extended hours as needed to accomplish the task or work
Must be willing to work rotating shifts.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Louisiana-New Orleans
Textron Systems: Marine & Land Systems
Req ID: 258376
Our Torrance client is in need of an Aluminum Fabricator! someone with an energetic and willing to learn attitude. The hours are 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. This position is a temp to hire opportunity for the right candidate. Must be able to pass a background check and a Drug Screening test.
- Must be able to run a Makita saw.
- Must be able to measure aluminum extrusions and cut to size.
- Experience working with cut-off saws.
- Must have good math skills.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment.
HIRING IMMEDIATELY: Aluminum Carpenters
Looking to hire on full time Aluminum Carpenter. Working in a shop environment. Will be using various machines and power tools to cut, saw, put together, take apart and manipulate aluminum & steel materials. General hours 8-12 hours per day and schedule varies from 5 days per week to 7 days per week depending on work load and deadlines.
- High accuracy for measuring & cutting
- Can read drawings and arithmetically figure out missing dimensions
- Measure twice cut once mentality
- Eye for detail
- Good work rate
- Trade specific tools
- Reliable transportation
- Solid work ethic and attitude
- Drug free work environment
Cabinet making and wood working experience are usually good fits.
Please submit Resumes and/or call to set up interview appointments 704-562-7320 (local qualified candidates only).
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!