Alumni Secretary Job Description Sample
Assistant Director, Employer & Alumni Engagement (4517U) #27447
Events Internship–Disney Internships & Programs Alumni - Spring 2020
Housing & Events Internship/Dlr: Sp' 2020 Alumni Only
Community And Alumni Engagement Internship - Fall 2019
This internship provides exposure to what goes into maintaining an amazing brand image for a successful nonprofit organization. The Community and Alumni Engagement Intern provides opportunities to help build public awareness about Make-A-Wish's mission and ways to help the organization. The internship position assists with both the Marketing team and Community Engagement team to ensure that Make-A-Wish brand is broadly visible, highly regarded, and active within Illinois communities. Internship activities include fundraising, hospital referral outreach, and working with former wish families to help coordinate events to ensure and enhance our continued presence throughout the state.
Daily Assignments Include:
- Assist with orchestrating and coordinating calendar of weekly engagement calls to new alumni families
- Event support and outreach assistance for external community events as assigned
- Research, writing, preparing, submitting, and speaking at press releases and other media communications (as instructed)
- Coordinating mailings
- Organizing off-site community outreach and alumni engagement activities
- Speaking to assigned parent groups, referring organizations and individuals to deepen their engagement
- Assisting with data entry
- Additional outreach projects as needed
Time Commitment: Two full non-consecutive days per week from early September through mid-December and the ability to attend an orientation on Wednesday, September 4th
Skills and Abilities:
- Bilingual strongly preferred (English/Spanish)
- Strong attention to detail
- Well-developed communication skills - comfortable speaking with wish families, compassionate, charismatic, good listener, clear and thoughtful in tone and delivery.
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and Google Voice is a plus
- Public Speaking
- Coursework in marketing, journalism, advertising, communications, public relations, and/or Events Management
- Must be able to commute to our downtown Chicago office (we are located in the River North neighborhood)
- Minimum age for all internships is 18
- Selected candidates will be asked to participate in a criminal background check.
- Cover Letter Required
***Preferred candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.***
All internships are unpaid.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.
An internship at Make-A-Wish Illinois provides a unique opportunity to see how a renowned nonprofit organization runs from the inside. In addition to the learning opportunities outlined in the job description, all interns also:
- Sit down with the senior leaders of our organization
- Have the opportunity to participate in our amazing culture
- Network with our exceptional teammates
- Create lifelong memories
We want to invite YOU to be a part of the magic that we experience every day at Make-A-Wish and learn why we are consistently ranked as one of The Nonprofit Times' "Top Nonprofits to Work For!"
Gift Accounting Specialist - Advancement And Alumni Engagement
Student Assistant, Alumni Engagement
Assistant Director,Planned Giving Marketing & Gift Administration,Development & Alumni Relations
Director, Foundation Relations,Development & Alumni Relations
Assistant Director, Development & Alumni Relations, Analytics
Client Lead For Development And Alumni
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!