Amherst Job Description Sample
Entry Level Background Investigator
The Field Investigator (FI) directly supports national security and suitability investigations, focusing on performing background investigations on behalf of government clients. Investigators will conduct interviews, retrieve records, conduct research and prepare reports of investigations in compliance with federal standards, all laws, and other required federal agency regulations. Investigators type comprehensive reports summarizing facts obtained from these field source interviews and record information and submit for quality review and completeness. Casework is performed throughout the geographic area of responsibility with travel to various places of employment, residence and education institutions. Travel to other geographic locations (by car or by plane) may also be required as needed.
The Field Investigator will be responsible for scoping and briefing casework to determine areas of investigative coverage required in accordance with applicable directives and investigative standards and conduct record checks to meet investigative requirements. Characteristics of the position include managing the batching and bundling of leads and general assignments to promote efficiencies and control costs to SCIS. Self-discipline, organizational skills, and writing ability within a metrics-driven environment are critical distinguishing elements of the position.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Conduct interviews and background checks that help to ensure the safety and security of the nation.
- Obtain and report factual information for background investigations that determine employment suitability and security clearance eligibility.
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with the applicant and their neighbors, coworkers, friends, and associates.
- Complete record searches at law enforcement agencies, courthouses, and mental health, financial, and educational institutions.
- Compile information in a clear, concise report on a standardized reporting format.
- Meet quality, timeliness, and production metrics
- Interact with team leader and case review officers to ensure timeliness and thoroughness of investigations.
- Assist in obtaining field work in a rapid, time-sensitive work environment.
- Ensure leads are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with investigative standards.
- May be asked to assist with temporary details (TDYs) to high-need areas, dependent upon workload demands.
- Perform additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned business objectives.
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to acquire and maintain the required level of U. S. Government security clearance.
- Ability to acquire and maintain any other specific special clearances/access requirements and successfully pass an adjudicated SSBI clearance.
- Reliable personal vehicle, valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- Prior background investigations, law enforcement, or personnel security a relative bachelor’s degree may be substituted for experience
- Familiarity with metrics tools, processes, and delivery assurance
- Strong interpersonal, writing and communications skills
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass all required training
- Ability to cover a local territory of approximately a 50-mile radius from home residence
- Must have the ability to travel 100% of the time with coverage area that consists of assigned geography. Will require vehicle travel and may require air, train or other commercial travel methods.
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Ability to work remotely without daily supervision
- Intermediate typing and computer skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Ability to establish and build rapport with new people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to interact with sources, customers and team members
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Ability to identify, understand and apply federal, state and local changes to and/or new regulations/laws pertaining to personnel investigations
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to synthesize information, identify key findings and determine conclusions
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with executives, sources, subjects and staff, in group and one-on-one settings and in situations requiring high performance and results.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Regular use of vehicle required in the performance of duties.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent local travel to interview sites.
Project Manager Commercial Construction 100% Travel
Looking for well-rounded and detail-oriented PMs who know all construction trades very well and have at least 5 years experience as a Lead PM on commercial type projects with a larger general contractor. These positions are full time traveling positions, meaning that PMs are expected to go from project to project as needed. Ranked as one of the top general contractors in the country according to Engineering News and Record, they value high-quality, highly-motivated, and talented employees in maintaining their position as an industry leader. The candidate must have the following skills: ? Ability to create and maintain a culture that values safety ? Ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships resulting in customer satisfaction ? A broad knowledge of business operations ? Ability to lead designers, subcontractors, consultants, and employees through complex projects ? Results oriented with a proven ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work to meet deadlines ? Ability to mentor and coach others ? Ability to apply sound judgment and experience to complex problems
? Experience leading large scale vertical construction projects from start to finish of at least 10 million dollars ? Strong experience in one or more of these project types: hospitality, multifamily, gaming, municipal, federal, commercial, manufacturing ? Have experience leading multiple projects concurrently, or start to finish lead experience on large projects. ? At least 5 years experience as a project manager on large scale vertical construction projects with a general contractor ? Bachelors degree in construction management, engineering, or related field (strongly preferred) ? In lieu of bachelors degree per above, equivalent relevant experience will be considered ? Current valid driver's license
Senior Hospital Construction Project Manager
Senior Project Manager will support all physical plant construction, renovation, restoration, and major repair programs at any facility within the national health system. This position is knowledgeable in building systems and construction methods specifically in a health care environment.
This position develops concepts and plans for facility growth or change in service as well as capital upkeep and replacement. The key role of this position is advisor to each individual facility managing director to assist in growth planning and implementation, as it relates to buildings and facility campus. This position has responsibility to oversee other Assistant PM and Regional PM as assigned to provide guidance on project decisions and regulatory interface.
A Mentoring relationship will be required. Essential Job Duties Work closely with RVP, C-suite, RFM/DPO, FF&E and IT in the development of project scope and price. Differentiates between priority business needs and "nice-to-have?s" in order to assist in determining project priority and to resolve resource conflicts.
Works closely with user groups to learn all aspects of user requirements in order to provide effective advice and recommendation. Ensure projects are completed on budget and schedule and that the projects incorporate the latest Behavioral Health/Acute best practices. Have the ability to manage multiple, large projects at one time with some supervision.
Develop/engage project teams using a competitive RFP process. Assist in guiding project through local, State and Federal building restrictions and code compliance. Accurate budgeting, scheduling, logistics, ICRA, ILSM from conception through completion.
Follow the CAR/PAC process for pre-validation, validation and request for full funding. Take a leadership role in finding new methods/approaches to help execute work faster and more efficiently. Challenge assumptions and bring new ideas to the table that could benefit the entire department in executing our role.
Maintain a vendor ranking and ensure we reinforce success by re-engaging firms that perform excellent work and value the relationships in the system. Collecting historical cost and schedule data to utilize in predicting future cost and time to execute projects (send to corporate at projection completion). Ensure all parties on the project have executed a contract and have provided all the required insurances prior to commencing work. Ensure the highest ethical standards when dealing with our vendors.
Ensure vendors compliant with the terms of the agreement and that the business terms agreed are fair to both the vendor. Use business term guidelines. Job Requirements Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred. At least 5 years of hospital construction experience required Travel 25% to 50%; strong leadership skills; specific construction implementation experience, some development experience, code and permit knowledge, negotiating skills, strong interpersonal skills to lead vendors, solid business decision making skills.
Remote Hospital Assistant Director Of Construction
The Assistant Director of Construction will create individualized learning plans for all Project Managers and follow up with those plans for compliance and improvement. This position will ensure all individual plans are followed through and report results to Staff VP semi-annually.
In addition this role with have some Regional Project Manager responsibility for assigned projects to include the following: support all physical plant construction, renovation, restoration, and major repair programs. This position is knowledgeable in building systems and construction methods specifically in health care environment. This position develops concepts and plans for facility growth or change in service as well as capital upkeep and replacement.
The key role of this position is advisor to each individual facility managing director to assist in growth planning and implementation, as it relates to buildings and facility campus. Essential Job Duties: Ultimately responsible for projects being delivered on budget and schedule.
Ensure that risks are being properly managed either contractually or via insurance products and is getting good business terms. Responsible for legal and contractual issues related to project delivery. Ensure we have an ethical and transparen
Working relationship with our vendors. Ensure projects are completed on budget and schedule and that the projects incorporate the latest best practices.
Capacity to manage multiple projects at one time with minimal supervision. Skill set to manager larger projects. Liaison between RVPs ,CEOs and D&C.
Engaged in upfront scope and budget /schedule development/ team selection with Project Managers, C-Suite and RVP's. Issue monthly report to Sr. VP, CFO, all RVP's CEO's, in addition to selected corporate entities.
Direct reportsare Sr. RPMs and RPMs. Provide mentoring and direct guidance to newer and less experienced staff.
Develop programs tailored to each PM's professional development. Continually seeking methods to improve on past performances through innovation and challenging assumptions. Knowledge of the different departments in hospital BH or Acute and the unique requirements for each.
Involved in HR functions such as recruitment, and promotions. Requirements BachelOR's degree required 3-5 yearsof hospital experience required. Must have experience building hospital from the ground up.
Strong leadership skills; specific construction implementation experience, some development experience, code and permit knowledge, negotiating skills, strong interpersonal skills to lead vendors, solid business decision making skills. Travel: 25% 50% nationwide
Remote Director Of ER
This position will be 90% trave
Working in an interim capacity for any hospital in need within the hospital'system. This is permanent role for the health system When the hospitals are fully staffed this position will provide ?Remote? consulting with limited travel.
Summary: The Director of Emergency Services shall act as the expert resource and Interim Director/Manager of Emergency Services for hospitals as requested by VP of Clinical Support Services, Division, OR'senior Management. This person will provide interim ED leadership for assigned hospitals in order to support and promote the development of the Emergency Department performance and the delivery of high quality of clinical care consistent with the mission of the hospital health system. This leader will provide consult services to other entities regarding program development, departmental operations, quality patient care and patient safety.
This person may also be asked to provide mentoring to individuals or groups of hospital-based ED Directors/Managers. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to: Evaluating and supporting ED operations in assigned hospitals.
Assuming responsibility for the consultative development and implementation of policies, procedures, programs and clinical initiatives, while assisting in evaluation of ED processes and throughput. Serving as mentor and resource person for ED management. Assisting with development of educational material and disseminating to facilities clinical and non-clinical staff, as needed
Working collaboratively with others at Corporate to facilitate and improve ED operations, such aWorking with IS, Operations Support and Emergency Department Information System(EDIS) Vendors on EDIS issues. Developing collaborative relationships with Corporate and hospital personnel, staff and physicians, to ensure continued focus and improve operations.
Researching and developing evidence-based practice standards, best practice criteria and outcomes metrics for the hospitals. Certificates and Licenses: Current Nursing License required.
Certification in Lean Six Sigma preferred. BLS Certification required. Education/Experience:
Masters Degree in Nursing, Business, Health Care Administration, or other health/business field, or currently actively enrolled in Masters Degree program in Nursing, Business, Health Care Administration or other health/business related field is preferred. BSN required Must have at least yearsof Director of ER experience Technical knowledge of ED nursing, evidence based practice, and the continuum or care. Training and experience with process improvement, department performance management and optimization, and associated data analytics expertise is required.
Knowledge of computer systems, information systems, information management, and data analysis. Minimum of five years experience in varied disciplines of ED nursing. Minimum of five years experience in management and administration.
Preferred experience in multiple healthcare settings or healthcare system with multiple sites of operation. Experience in both community and tertiary care facilities are preferred.
Psychologist, Westover Job Corps Center
We are seeking a qualified Psychologist for an available contract opportunity at the Job Corps Center.
Place of Performance: Westover Job Corps Center, 103 Johnson Road, Chicopee, Massachusetts 01022
The emphasis of the Mental Health and Wellness Program must be on prevention, early detection, identification of mental health problems, and helping students overcome barriers to employability. The program utilizes an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) approach, which includes short-term counseling with an employability focus, referral to center support groups, and crisis intervention. The CMHC is part of the Health and Wellness team and collaborates closely with the Health and Wellness Manager, Counseling Manager, TEAP specialist, Disability Coordinator, and Center Physician.
As CMHC, you will provide mental health assessments for applicants and students to examine mood, behavior, thinking, reasoning, and other areas related to emotional wellness. There are three types of assessments that will occur: 1) for applicants during the admissions process, 2) for new students based on responses to the Social Intake Form (SIF) and/or the Job Corps Health History Form, and 3) for any student by referral.
After an assessment of the student’s mental health needs and a determination that Job Corps can meet those needs, you should make a confidential entry in the SHR and prepare a case management plan.
Mental health treatment, to include:
Short-term counseling with mental health checks as needed. The focus of these sessions should be on retention and behaviors that represent employability barriers.
Referral to off-center mental health professionals or agencies for ongoing treatment and/or specialized services.
Collaboration with Substance Abuse Counselor (TEAP Specialist) for short-term counseling of students with cooccurring conditions of mental health and substance use.
Collaboration with Center Physician and Health and Wellness staff on psychotropic medication monitoring of stable students, with the advice of consulting psychiatrist, if appropriate.
Collaboration with Counseling staff in developing and/or leading psycho-educational skill-building groups to promote wellness (e.g., relaxation training, anger management, mood regulation, assertiveness skills, handling relationships, sleep hygiene, etc.).
Mental Health Promotion and Education (Minimum of a 1-hour presentation on mental health promotion for all new students during the Career Preparation Period with an emphasis on employability.)
Staff Development:Provide annual staff trainings on adolescent growth and development.
Period of Performance: The Base period of performance vs February 1, 2019 through August 31, 2020, with three one-year pre-priced option years.ition Requirements/
General Dentist, Westover Job Corps
We are seeking an experienced Dentist for an available contract opportunity to provide on-site Dentist Services for the Job Corps Center.
Available Position: Center General Dentist.
The general emphasis of the Oral Health and Wellness Program (OHWP) is on early detection and diagnosis of oral health problems, basic oral health care, dental hygiene, and prevention/ education. Whether the dental facility is located on-center or off-center, Job Corps centers are required to have a full OHWP with all program elements. Job Corps students are entitled to available and accessible basic OHW services based upon a priority system as resources permit. Job Corps centers are required to inspect students for oral health conditions that require early attention by the Center Dentist. All students are oriented to the OHWP and exposed to oral health promotion.
A quality OHWP will ensure:
- Students are aware of the OHWP and understand how to seek care while enrolled
- Students demonstrate a clear understanding of their individual oral health status and the treatment prescribed
- Students’ oral health status is maintained or improved while they are at Job Corps
- Dental Readiness Inspection
- Advocating for the Oral Examination during the DRI
- Elective Oral Examination
- Emergent and Urgent Oral Health Care
- Students with Orthodontic Appliances: It is not unusual for students to have or want orthodontic appliances. Students with orthodontics are welcome to have basic oral care on center if they wish, however, orthodontics exceeds basic oral health care and is not paid for by Job Corps.
- Oral Disease Prevention, Education, and Management
- Oral Health-Related Interface during the Career Transition Period (CTP)
Test Development Manager - Sciences/Stem
Test Development Manager - Sciences/STEM
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world's most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year.
The Evaluation Systems group of Pearson offers dynamic teacher licensing and performance assessment solutions. Our custom teacher licensure testing programs are 100 percent aligned to state standards. We also provide a wide variety of teacher licensure testing services such as test development, administration, and scoring. We work in a collaborative environment and are passionate about education.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
TheTest Development Manager occupies a professional management position within the Test Development Services department. The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure the successful development of assessment materials. TheTest Development Manageris responsible for planning and overseeing the development of science and STEM content for educator licensure assessments. TheTest Development Manager's duties include test question writing and editing, test design and implementation, staff supervision, and quality control. TheTest Development Managerreports to a Senior Test Development Manager and supervises Content Developers.
This position is located in our Amherst/Hadley, MA office. Remote work is not offered at this time.
Manages the development of test frameworks, test items, practice tests, study guides, and related products
Writes test questions and supervises the work of others who write test questions for the same content area
Edits test questions and other assessment materials produced by in-house and consultant staff
Stays apprised of developing trends in science and technology education at the state and national level
Creates planning documents, organizes staff, supervises development activities, and coordinates project activities within and outside the department
Supervises and trains staff, including full-time, part-time, and consulting staff
Facilitates the review of test items with committees of education professionals in a variety of content areas
Utilizes technological resources as management and development tools
Travels on behalf of the company as needed, up to 15%.
Science and STEM teaching experience at the secondary level
A bachelor's or master's degree in a field directly related to science, technology/engineering, or science education
Demonstrated knowledge of science and technology with in-depth knowledge of at least one area of physical science (e.g., Chemistry, Physics) and working knowledge of a STEM-related field (e.g., technology education, engineering/design)
Demonstrated knowledge of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
Computer programming/coding experience a plus
Assessment and/or curriculum development experience with an educational publisher in the areas of science and/or STEM a plus
Demonstrated advanced writing, editorial, and research skills
Proficiency with computers and software, including Microsoft Office
Works well independently and in a collaborative team setting
Well organized, able to set priorities and manage work to meet deadlines
Flexible and able to adapt to unexpected shifts in priorities
Willing and able to accept constructive criticism and develop new and existing skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please submit cover letter and resume with your completed application.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-MA-Amherst
Work Locations: US-MA-Hadley-300 Venture Way 300 Venture Way Amherst 01002
Job: Professional Development
Organization: Assessments VUE
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Dec 5, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1815395
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Teller I - PT, 20Hrs
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com.
The TD Bank Teller I processes Customer transactions face-to-face for a variety of routine to more complex financial transactions including but not limited to check cashing, withdrawals, and deposits. This job is responsible to balance cash drawers and assists Customers with basic product information. Teller I have responsibility to assist in exceeding service goals by minimizing Customer wait times and accurately and efficiently processing Customer transactions while providing legendary Customer Service in addition to recognizing referral opportunities.
Provides exceptional Customer service by meeting all Customer demands as they relate to relatively straightforward inquiries, with the support of more experienced personnel.
Generally resolves problems independently, escalating more difficult issues to management.
Processes regular Teller transactions for Customers including servicing Customer accounts, accepting loan payments, accepting safe deposit box payments, processing sales of gift cards, cashing checks, verify currency, balancing cash drawer, night deposits, correct discrepancies and make necessary adjustments. Balance Automated Teller machines (ATMs) and Teller Cash Dispensers (TCDs)/ Teller Cash Recyclers (TCRs) as necessary.
Adheres to safe deposit box procedures/ operations and guidelines.
Establishes and solidifies Customer relationships by providing legendary Customer Service based on Guiding Principles, CWI, Think SMART and WOW! Shop criteria.
Educates and engages Customers in conversations regarding their current and future financial needs and educates Customers about Bank products and services.
Expected to service both lobby and drive-thru Customers.
May assist in the preparation and development of the Stores Sales Plan. Recognizing referral opportunities and initiating.
Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
High school diploma or GED.
1 year related experience preferred.
Superior Customer service skills.
General Math skills.
Detail orientated and able to function in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Excellent communication skills with ability to be concise, clear, and consistent.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Nurse Practitioner - Health Risk Assessments - Per Diem
Responsibilities of the Nurse Practitioner- Health Risk Assessments
- Conduct comprehensive in-home health risk assessment to identify all active and chronic disease conditions as well as determine all physical, mental and social needs present at the time of the visit.
- Obtain vital signs, measure BMI, review pharmacological therapy and conduct a physical examination.
- Educate and counsel patient and family on any conditions identified during assessment and screening procedures.
- Make recommendations and communicate findings to Primary Care Physicians through documentation of outcomes on provided tablet.
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited school of Nursing.
- Board Certification with current unrestricted Nurse Practitioner (NP) license.
- Experience dealing with a complex set of patients with a relatively high level of acuity.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!