Ammonia Still Operator Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Ammonia Still Operator
- Monitor the ammonia system, boilers, hot water systems, and the air compressors.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with monitoring the Waste Water Treatment system.
- Assist as needed on machinery repair and maintenance projects.
- Operate, monitor, and maintain all aspects of the ammonia refrigeration system.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on system to maintain good operation.
- Perform repairs to system as needed.
- Schedule and coordinate work with outside venders as needed.
- Prepare and maintain log sheets and maintenance records on system.
- Maintain PSM, RMP and safety records for system.
- Operate, monitor, and maintain operation of boilers, hot water systems, compressed air systems, HVAC, Waste Water Treatment, and other utilities in the plant.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on these systems.
- Perform repairs to systems as needed.
- Schedule and coordinate work with outside venders as needed.
- Prepare and maintain log sheets and maintenance records on system.
- On call 24 hours as scheduled.
General Maintenance & Repair
- Support and follow all safety requirements; maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Support and maintain the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Utilize CMMS to identify and track all maintenance work and completed tasks.
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively to meet deadlines.
- Understand and follow all OSHA, EPA, and PSM guidelines including MOC, As-Built P&ID’s, IIAR Bulletin 109 Guidelines, SOP’s, and Mechanical Integrity.
- RETA CIRO or CARO certification preferred
- At least two years of related experience operating and maintaining ammonia refrigeration systems and other utilities highly desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Ammonia Safety Training
- Forklift operation
- Oregon Boiler License
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits package
- Generous Vacation and Holiday benefits
- Company paid Short Term Disability, Basic Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and
- 401K with company match!!
Maintenance Mechanic B - Ammonia Refrigeration
Your tasks and responsibilities The primary responsibilities of this role, Maintenance Mechanic B - Ammonia Refrigeration, are to: + Monitor equipment for proper operations and assist in the performance of preventive and corrective maintenance, repairs, and modifications to plant facilities and equipment; + Possess some knowledge of other trades (Instrumentation, Plumbing, Electrical, Boilers, HVAC); + Work independent and / or with some supervision of a senior level refrigeration mechanic or department supervisor; + Read and understand blue prints and schematics; + Has a very basic understanding of Process Control Systems related to refrigeration and site utilities; + Must be able to use a variety of test equipment, including digital and analog volt meters to calibrate and troubleshoot; + Perform other duties assigned. Who you are Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values.
More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following: Required Qualifications: + High School Diploma or GED; + RETA CARO (Certified Assistant Refrigeration Operator) for B-Mechanic level + A minimum of one (1) years of operations and maintenance of industrial refrigeration equipment and facilities with the ability to perform basic troubleshooting of systems, or equivalent experience with either: Applicable Military or Merchant Marine experience; OR + Documented vocational or technical training with demonstrated experience in the maintenance and operations of Industrial Refrigeration equipment and facilities; + Ability to read engineering drawings/prints, manuals and schematics; + Computer skills will be required to navigate through building automated systems which interface with utility equipment; + Must have a basic knowledge of test equipment and chemistry to perform water quality tests for cooling towers; + Must be able to qualify to operate a fork lift.
Preferred Qualifications: + Universal Refrigeration Certificate (required within 12 months of hire) + Trade School Certificate; + Ammonia Refrigeration experience; + PSM/RMP experience. Physical Qualifications: + Must be able to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders/stairs, walk and stand up to 2 hours at a time; + Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, and kneel; + Must be able to maneuver drums up to 700 lbs; + Requires work in areas covered by the site’s hearing conservation program. sroennau Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now.
Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:United States Location:CA-Berkeley
Post a Job
Maintenance Supervisor With Ammonia Refrigeration Experience
Company: Freedman Food Service DallasLocation:
US-TX-DallasZip Code: 75237Minimum Level of Education: High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience: 1Position Type: Travel Percentage: 0 More information about this job:
Job Summary: The purpose of the Maintenance Supervisor position is to lead and direct all activities supporting the maintenance of the buildings, equipment, refrigeration systems and related facilities to ensure maximum production quantity and quality. Freedman Meats Dallas Dallas, TX Job Functions:
Involved in the hiring, promoting, training, disciplining and terminating of assigned maintenance/utility staff. Visually inspect and test machinery to detect malfunctions. Communicate equipment problems to operations staff as needed.
Ensure safety procedures are used consistently. (Lock out, tag out, etc.) Diagnose problems, dismantle defective machines and equipment, and install new or repaired parts, following the specifications set forth in blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings. Building maintenance and lighting (plumbing repair, changing lamps & ballasts, light remodeling, refrigeration systems, etc.). Repair electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment. Maintains open communication among the various departments/locations.
Communicates information pertaining to maintenance, equipment observations, problems and prevention. Implement and maintain preventive maintenance on all equipment and machinery within the plant, as noted in the equipment manufacturer’s guidelines. Maintain FES Ammonia Compressors, condensers, valve stations.
Maintain heat exchangers, pump packages, liquid ammonia pumps. Maintain air units, refrigeration PLC and all control components. Maintain all refrigeration components in the best operating condition to provide adequate temperatures.
Assure that all safety precautions and health hazards with ammonia are followed. Follow all GMP and Safety procedures. Complete other duties as assigned.
Responsible for Food Safety (temperature, HACCP. sanitation, sanitary conditions, foreign object control and allergens). Responsible for Food Quality (specifications, grade, portion size, trim levels, texture, color and age). Qualifications: One Year experience as a maintenance supervisor with at least 5 years of maintenance experience in manufacturing or food processing. General knowledge of OSHA regulations as they apply to industrial and facility maintenance.
Experience with PLCs, preventative maintenance programs, high-speed packing, and down-time analysis preferred. Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel required. Machine uptime, reduction in repairs needed (PM), production efficiencies, budget controls, cost savings from vendors, reduction in safety risks.
CARO and CIRO certification is a plus 2-3 Years’ experience in Ammonia refrigeration production maintenance mechanic. Ammonia Operator Level 1 certification required. Bachelor of Science a plus.
Skills Needed: Ability to adjust to sudden changes and operational goals. Ability to troubleshoot electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic circuits and machinery that incorporates one or all of these.
Ability to use precision measuring tools and use math at the Algebra/Trigonometry level. Proficiency with electrical testing and measuring instruments (meters) Knowledge of PLC and servo controls and how they function. Mechanical aptitude and ability to use a wide variety of tools, both hand and power.
Commitment to work until job is completed. Interacts well with others. Good team player.
Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities. Must be able to tolerate cold conditions. Must be quick and agile.
Leadership skills Strong logical reasoning skills Strong communication: oral & written Analytical problem solving and decision making. Ability to prioritize. Flexibility Strong understanding of safe work practices.
Results-oriented. Customer-service oriented Negotiation/Persuasion skills Detail oriented. Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times Ability to stand long period of times. Ability to lift up to 100 lb. boxes. Bending and twisting when working on a conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law. This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Post a Job
Ammonia Operations Technical Specialist
Operate, Maintain and Document as necessary all aspects of the facility’s ammonia refrigeration system to ensure the system is performing efficiently, safely and in a compliant manor.
- General understanding and compliance with all OSHA regulations, EPA Regulations, National Electrical Codes, State Mechanical Codes and other Plant/Facility Operational or safety procedures.
- Adhere to Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory guidelines.
- Perform all work in accordance with environmental, health and safety standards, rules, regulations and practices of the facility.
- Maintain the plant’s PSM (Process Safety Management) and ERP (Emergency Response Plan) programs, including all related documentation.
- Must be able to pass training/certifications as required for qualification.
- Use a variety of test equipment, machines, hand tools and computer aided equipment essential to maintaining the Ammonia System.
- Respond to equipment/system breakdowns in an expeditious, professional and safe manner.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and diagnose system failures or breakdowns.
- Perform maintenance in accordance with maintenance schedules, utilizing appropriate blueprints, diagrams, sketches, national codes and verbal/written instructions.
- Maintain a clean and orderly shop and work area.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and willing to move to any shift. Including being on call during off hours for emergency situations related to the ammonia system.
- Ability to comply with and execute the established preventive maintenance and work order/repair program in place.
- Maintain the equipment/system history records including daily activity records and all maintenance actions.
- Ability to read, understand and use the systems P&ID to effectively maintain and troubleshoot the Ammonia system.
- Compliance with all other duties as assigned.
- Start/Stop, adjust and monitor the facilities ammonia refrigeration system to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Complete and maintain all necessary logs and records, including but not limited to documentation required for the PSM and ERP programs.
- Perform required maintenance task on all associated system equipment and components.
- Maintain proper temperatures throughout the ammonia system as required per sub system.
- Operate and maintain the system in a manner that ensures the safety of fellow employees, the community and the environment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must possess previous experience and documented training or certification in all of the following areas:
- PLC, electrical controls and motor circuits.
- Ammonia Refrigeration
- 5+ years’ experience as an Ammonia systems operator
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to read and comprehend blue prints, diagrams and schematics.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to document to effectively present information for needed records of parts or repairs.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one small group situations to customers, clients, and other team members of the organization.
- Ability to use effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to use mathematical functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to perform machine checks and setup, electrical calculations and read test equipment/measuring instruments.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
- Lift, carry and push equipment.
- Reach, bend and twist/turn in awkward positions.
- Ability to visually differentiate items of color, up close and in the distance.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment and/or clothing.
- Ability to pass a respirator fit test.
- Stand/walk 6 or more hours per day.
- Continuously talk/hear throughout the day.
- Frequently squat, bend, reach, twist/turn, grip/grasp, and climb.
- Frequently use eye/hand coordination and eye/hand/foot coordination as well as handle/finger.
- Frequently lift up to 25 lbs from floor height to overhead and carry more than 100 feet.
- Occasionally kneel/crawl.
- Occasionally use fine motor tasks and taste/smell.
- Push tool carts requiring 25 lbs of force over 100 yards.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Must be able to work in shop and production environments.
- Constantly work in damp, wet, humid and slippery environments.
- Constantly work near moving equipment.
- Constantly work in extreme heat/cold (-15-100 degrees).
- Constantly work in high noise levels requiring hearing protection.
- Frequently work in area with fumes or airborne debris.
- Frequently work with toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally work in high places.
- Occasionally work with hand tools causing segmental or whole-body vibration.
- Bump cap, hair net, safety glasses, hearing protection, and uniform.
- Cut resistant and nitrile gloves.
- Powered industrial trucks including lift trucks and electric pallet jacks.
- Aerial lifts including scissor and articulating boom lifts.
- Use of ladders including step, fixed and extension.
- Use of shop equipment – welder, grinders, lathes, drills, presses and other metal working tools.
- Use of various hand tools including pliers, screwdrivers, wrenches, channel locks, socket drivers, etc.
- Use of power and pneumatic tools.
- Use of test instruments (micrometers, calipers, etc.).
- Use of electrical meters.
- Use of precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to effectively use the plant’s computer software for operating the refrigeration system
- Efficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel for documentation purposes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PROCESS RESPONSIBILITIES REFRIGERATION OPERATIONS:
Responsible for refrigerant pressure temperature charts
Perform basic industrial refrigeration system troubleshooting
Ability to collect basic operating data to evaluate proper equipment and refrigeration system operation
Responsible for identifying IIAR pipe marking standards, department pipe color codes, and pipe markers used for ammonia piping identification REFRIGERATION MECHANICAL:
Assist higher level operators in installing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing industrial refrigeration mechanical equipment REFRIGERATION ELECTRICAL:
Read and understand basic electrical diagrams
Interpret wire color codes relative to voltage ratings
Use basic electrical test equipment such as amp meter, voltage/ohm multi-meter to perform a variety of electrical measurements to determine proper equipment operation and basic troubleshooting on AC and DC circuits ranging from 12 volts to 480 volts
Assist higher level operators in troubleshooting, repairing or maintaining more complex electrical equipment and systems REFRIGERATION MAINTENANCE:
Preserve piping and equipment by preparing surfaces and applying a variety of paint coatings
Identify the various parts of a valve, perform valve maintenance and repairs
Perform maintenance and inspections on reciprocating and screw compressors, purgers, centrifugal pumps, condensers
Assist higher level operators in troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing more complex refrigeration equipment BOILER OPERATIONS:
Must perform blow downs on steaming boilers
Must perform basic steam system troubleshooting
Know how to operate hand valves to control the flow of steam, condensate, and water throughout the system
Ability to start up and shut down boilers, feed pumps, condensate return, and other auxiliary equipment
Be able to properly select and install pressure gauges BOILER MAINTENANCE & REPAIR:
Assist higher level operators in preparing boilers for state, local, or insurance inspections
Assist higher level operators in troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing more complex steam equipment ADMINISTRATION:
Stationary Systems Partners must obtain, maintain, and display (the appropriate grade stationary engineers Licenses) a Second-grade stationary engineers licenses when required by local, state, or federal codes as soon as experience requirements are fulfilled
Follow Standard operating procedures (SOP) related to the completion of all stationary engineering logs, work order (WO) completion, parts requisitions (Req-s), lockout / tag out Not all tasks will be relevant for all facilities EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION - High School Diploma or equivalent
3-5 yrs Experience (Minimum of 2 years experience in Mechanical Maintenance, Electrical Maintenance, and Industrial Refrigeration Maintenance)
Understand the basic refrigeration cycle and identify the four basic components
Responsible for identifying IIAR pipe marking standards, department pipe color codes, and pipe markers used for ammonia piping identification
Ability to pass RETA CARO certification
Ability to pass & maintain appropriate level Boiler License
Obtain and maintain 40 hour HAZMAT certification and operate as first responder in HAZMAT situations
Must be able to speak and read the English language PHYSICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS - Lift 20 lbs or more on an occasional basis
Standing, stooping, walking, bending and climbing.
Ability to work in extreme temperatures ranging from
20 to 130 degrees.
Must be able to lift and carry 90 pounds occasionally.
Must be able to work standing, sitting, stooping, and bending or in a prone position.
Must be able to work with hands over head.
Must be able to climb and work from a 25- ladder.
Ammonia Refrigeration Tech
Now hiring for an Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
Primary Responsibilities include:
Work independently performing routine general maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse. Must be proficient in the troubleshooting and repair of electrical, plumbing, lift truck, refrigeration, ammonia, boilers.
1. Performs all repair and adjustment of refrigeration system, doors, dock boards, pallet racks, sweepers, forklifts, pallet jacks, and electrical work in accordance with OSHA standards.
2. Inspects forklifts, pallet jacks, and other operating equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and operational standards.
3. Test, maintain, and evaluate equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, pyrometers, and pressure gauges. Test and calibrate HVAC equipment.
4. Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
5. Maintain batteries and chargers in working order in accordance with OSHA standard.
6. Conducts test of safety equipment, (exit signs, fire extinguishers, etc.) to ensure OSHA and operational standards.
7. Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records.
8. Answer security alarm calls as needed.
9. Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
10. Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
1. 3 – 5 years maintenance mechanic experience on ammonia refrigeration systems.
2. Knowledge of general warehouse practices
3. Strong communication skills.
4. Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
5. Must be able to work flexible shifts if required.
6. Must be able to respond to facility after hours “call backs”
7. Must have immediate level knowledge of OSHA PSM program.
Physical requirements: While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is frequently required to function in a cold environment. The associate is frequently required to lift up to 80 lbs.; stand, handle objects, sit, use close vision, and use distance vision. The associate is occasionally required to bend, twist, kneel, climb and hear.
5 years ammonia refrigeration
PSM, RMP experience
Current refrigeration certification
Work independently, proficient in troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining ammonia refrigeration systems, warehouse equipment, doors, ramps and related facility electrical and plumbing components.
Work for a growing company with exceptional benefits. Apply today!
1515 E 71st ST Suite 101
Tulsa, OK 74136
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
About Lineage Logistics: Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain. Your Career Starts Here! Lineage is currently searching for aRefrigeration Technicianto join our growing team! As the Refrigeration Technicianyou areresponsible for maintaining, operating, inspecting, and repairing various types of ammonia refrigeration equipment.You willperform preventative and predictive maintenance asdirected by the Supervisor. This includesverifying that all equipment is operating within the manufacturer’s specifications and tolerances through periodic testing and inspections. Duties include: + Perform PM maintenance and repairs as directed by the direct Supervisor on compressors, condensers, evaporators, pumps, vessels, valves, purgers, and other machinery included in the ammonia refrigeration equipment.
Replacement of defective mechanical and manual valves + Control the equipment set points to accommodate the needs of our customers and maintain the integrity of their product.
Maintain control of the water treatment system and associated chemicals + Replace defective fan motors
Remove ice buildup from evaporator drain pans, investigate the cause and correct the problem
Work in motor room, freezer, and blast cell areas + Drain oil from ammonia system + Fill out daily reports as directed by the direct Supervisor
Remove and reinstall ammonia compressors + Perform motor alignments by use of dial caliper indicators + Compressor and pump shaft seal replacements + Perform oil and ammonia sampling for analysis on a regular schedule
Work directly with all refrigeration contractors, electricians, and pipe fitters when they are working on theammonia refrigeration system to ensure that they are following all of the company safety policies and meeting work standards.
Inspect ammonia detection system + Ensure that all ammonia system safeguards are functioning properly at all times + Check integrity and tolerances by the use of a micrometer + Must be able to read and interpret P& ID drawings + Troubleshoot electrical problems + Ability to write SOPs, pumpdown procedures, LOTO procedures.
Remove and install 3 phase motors + Monitor fire safty systems.
Lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
Other duties and responsabilities assigned by direct Supervisor Work Environment: + Fast paced work environment with, in and around industrial machinery.
Working with Material Handling Equipment on a daily basis.
Cold storage environment. Warehouse bays are kept at a constant 32 degrees (and below in certain areas). Ability to withstand cold storage temps for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company).
Noise level varies and at times and can be loud. Qualifications: + Employee must successfully complete Refrigeration Operator I training course + Minimum of 3 years of ammonia refrigeration experience + Interest and ability to obtain a CAIRO/CIRO certification through RETA within a 6 month period (or approved equivalent ) + Able to successfully complete 24 hour emergency training within a 3 month period.
PSM/RMP training would be beneficial but not a necessity. Lineage Team Members: + Continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and supportothers.
Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any safety concerns.
Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating positive work attitude and leadership skills.
Take initiative to continually improveperformance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas.
Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety, and attendance. Benefits: Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off. Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician: Job Duties: Repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment, using hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments: Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble. Perform routine and emergency service on ammonia refrigeration equipment. This includes a working knowledge of screw compressors, electrical troubleshooting all common types of ammonia central systems & control/alarm systems.
Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, hand tools, and power tools.
Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
Starts devices to test their performance.
Lubricates and cleans parts. Knowledge of ammonia refrigeration systems IS A MUST. Must have a general knowledge of industrial equipment and repair. Excellent benefits and competitive pay
Service Technician - Ammonia Refrigeration
Service Technician - Ammonia Refrigeration Sign-on bonus up to $10,000 available! ColonialWebb, a Comfort Systems USA company, is seeking driven and career-minded Service Technicians with strong industrial refrigeration skills and experience to join our Industrial Refrigeration team! Using your expertise in refrigeration, you will provide troubleshooting and repair services for industrial refrigeration customers, commonly found within the food and beverage, refrigerated storage, pharmaceutical, and gas processing industries. Territory: + The majority of customers are located throughout Georgia and South Carolina.
Overnight travel of +/- (3) nights per week to customer facilities located throughout this region can be expected. Why ColonialWebb:
We have a determined focus to be the employer of choice in our markets.
We are established in the market and are tracking tremendous growth.
We have a company-wide commitment to sustainability / green initiatives and strong community involvement.
You will have unlimited potential for career advancement with ColonialWebb.
We provide company sponsored training and development.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce.
There’s no better place to develop your skills or establish a career, than ColonialWebb. Check out what we have to offer! What we’ll offer you:Our culture is all about care. So, it’s no surprise that we’ll take care of you at ColonialWebb. Service technicians with exceptional skills and experience can expect: + Sign-on bonuses up to $10,000.00! + Relocation assistance available.
Top market, competitive wages based on experience.
Opportunities for career growth, training, and development.
Generous personal leave. What we’re looking for: + Progressive work experience with diagnosing, repairing, and performing maintenance services on industrial refrigeration systems and associated controls.
Extensive knowledge with a variety of industrial refrigeration equipment such as screw and reciprocal compressors, evaporators, condensers, valves, motors, pumps, and associated control/alarm systems.
Universal EPA certification.
Knowledge of OSHA and industry safety requirements.
Initiative; self-motivated (driven), self-starter.
Excellent communication and customer services skills.
Professional demeanor and positive, caring attitude.
Must be able to work independently and without supervision. Other benefits: + A recognition culture!
Tablet / mobile phone.
Company uniforms (including laundry service).
401(k) plan with a generous company match.
Excellent medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance (with low premiums).
Life and accidental death insurance.
Short and Long-Term disability insurance.
Paid holidays and bereavement leave.
Service lead incentives.
Opportunities to learn.
Employee referral incentives.
Scholarship program for employees’ children.
Discounts at major automotive, computer, cell phone companies.
And much more… Who is ColonialWebb: ColonialWebb (a Comfort Systems USA company) is one of the largest commercial, mechanical, and electrical contractors in the Mid-Atlantic/South, specializing in Construction, Service, Industrial Refrigeration, and Manufacturing. We provide service to customers ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. We install, maintain and upgrade mechanical systems for America’s best buildings. We can build, service, or retrofit systems for virtually any type of building – from schools and museums to high-rise office buildings and hospitals – even industrial plants that manufacture everything from potato chips to computer chips. We provide customers with engineering, design, construction, manufacturing, maintenance and repair support in the fields of HVAC, Refrigeration, Plumbing, Process Piping, Building Automation and Controls, Electrical, Green Energy Solutions, and Water Treatment Systems. As a Comfort Systems USA company (recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Most Trustworthy Companies for the third consecutive year), our nationwide scope gives us distinct advantages over our local competitors. We share best practices, ideas and technology to give our customers better project quality, performance and safety. With the extensive work history of our subsidiaries, we form “centers of excellence” to guarantee success on our projects, no matter how large or small.Our footprint has grown along with our capabilities over the last 44 years, and our headquarters sits just down I-95 in Richmond, VA. ColonialWebb now operates out of 10 regional offices throughout Virginia, DC, Maryland, North Carolina, and South Carolina. Last, but certainly not least are our extraordinary people. ColonialWebb is made up of about 800 of the most dedicated and knowledgeable people in the industry. It’s because of them that we have been a leader for over 40 years and have our sights set on incredible growth in all of our markets! Are you up to the challenge of growing with us? Need more info: Reach out directly to our company recruiter at (844) 637-4822. Ready to join the team: Apply online at www.ColonialWebb.com/careers.EOE M/W/Disability/Vets
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
Overview: The purpose of Refrigeration Technician is to maintain, diagnose, repair, rebuild, adjust, perform preventive maintenance and install equipment within and around the facility so as to keep the production operational and have zero loss of production. This individual will perform the duties of a Refrigeration Technician and assist other maintenance personnel on his/her shift and will be responsible for all necessary paperwork and documentation as they relate to the job. EEO/AA Information: Smithfield, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law. Responsibilities: + The operation of ammonia refrigeration compressors, condensers, pumps, vessels / recirculators, purgers, evaporators / RMAU’s, and heat exchangers while using standard operating procedures.
Make rounds and keep logs of daily operations and events for multiple engine rooms and refrigeration equipment.
Maintenance and troubleshooting of ammonia refrigeration compressors, condensers, pumps, vessels / recirculators, purgers, evaporators / RMAU’s, heat exchangers, and control valves / isolation valves while using the Original Equipment Manufacturer’s guidelines.
Perform Line & Equipment Opening procedures.
Pass a physical, pulmonary test, respirator fit test and meet the requirements for Haz-Mat team (Must be able to wear a Level A chemical suit) on an annual basis.
Adhere to all Smithfield safety requirements including PPE usage, preventing and reporting unsafe acts and conditions, Lock out-Tag out procedures and Process Safety Management related items.
Obtain RETA 1 Certificate within 1 year of hire date.
Obtain RETA 2 Certificate within 2 years of hire date.
Able to work 12 hour shifts 6-7 day periods and weekends as needed.
- 40 to 100+ degree temperatures. Qualifications: + 3+ years’ experience in operation and maintenance of Ammonia Refrigeration system.
Electrical experience and troubleshooting in low and high voltage circuits, motors, and controls.
Strong reading, math, writing, analytical, skills required and high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Basic knowledge of computers.
Must able to lift 100 pounds.
Must be able to work in confined spaces.
Must be able to pass a pulmonary function & respirator fit test.
Must be able to work in
- 40 to 100+ degree temperatures.
Must not be afraid of heights.
Perform assigned tasks efficiently with minimum supervision. Preferred Experience: + PSM 14 elements awareness + Previous Haz-Mat experience + RETA certifications + Having HVAC experience with refrigerants R-22, R-134a, R-404A, R-407C, and R-410A + Fork lift operator experience + Welding and pipe fitting experience Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds + Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Plant environment will include wet, damp, cold, slippery and loud conditions with moving parts, and vibrating parts.
Noise level in the work environment is usually loud when in the production area. Options: Refer this job to a friend Connect With Us! Not ready to apply?for general consideration. Title Ammonia Refrigeration Technician Job Locations US-NC-Tar Heel Job Post Information* : Posted Date 2/18/2016 Category Engineering/Maintenance Type Full-Time FLSA Status Hourly Shift Other
- Ask for details # of Openings 8