Ammonia Still Operator Job Description Sample
Ammonia Distribution Terminal Operator - Grand Forks
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities.
Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.? Department: AJ0186A5 Grand Forks TerminalFunction:
The purpose of the Operator
Terminal position is to carry out the processes of: loading and unloading product, storing product and maintaining the grounds, buildings and equipment used during operations.
Daily responsibilities/duties of Operator-Terminal may include, but are not limited to, any of the following:Perform product loading and unloading functions and associated duties, in accordance with established operating procedures. Maintain operating equipment, buildings and grounds in accordance with operating procedures.? This includes, but is not limited to, inspecting equipment; performing mechanical maintenance; advising appropriate personnel of or rectifying unsafe equipment or conditions; and, general cleaning of all terminal areas and ordering of supplies. Understand and apply principles of refrigeration systems, as appropriate.? This includes testing and recording sample results, and, monitoring/recording gauge readings as appropriate.
Maintain and update appropriate manuals and records/paperwork accurately. Comply with all training, environmental, health and safety programs of the Company/industry. Assist with training and development of other operators as appropriate.
Interact and/or coordinate with Emergency Response Personnel discussions and/or training regarding environmental, health and safety situations. Perform hazardous material response/remediation duties should a hazardous material spill occur. Progress through and maintain skills acquired in the Operator Progression Program.
Perform other duties requested by facility management necessary for proper operation of the facility (i.e. recordkeeping, development /implementation of procedures). Perform maintenance duties or provide assistance to emergency situations at other Company locations as directed by Company management personnel. Participate in the development and implementation of capital and maintenance projects. Assume management responsibilities of facility when facility manager is absent.
Successful incumbents will have: High School graduate or equivalent; plus equivalent of 2 years college, Military/technical training, or related work experience Ability to understand and follow operating procedures Refrigeration knowledge commensurate with position level Good communication skills HAZMAT certified (post-employment requirement) Ability and initiative to exercise independent or team-oriented action Must have basic computer skills and be capable of data entry and information retrieval Read, write, communicate and comprehend the English language. Position Scope/Contribution:
Travel May be required to travel to and work at different facility locations for limited periods of time. Working Conditions: Works in variety of environmental conditions (extreme cold/heat, humidity, wind, rain, snow, ice, etc.). Works with hazardous chemicals (including emergency response requirements discussed below). Incumbents are -on-call- (24 hours per day) for pre-designated time periods.? While -on-call-, incumbents must be located within reasonable proximity of facility (approx. 30 min-45 min driving time). Maneuvers over uneven and/or slippery surfaces.
Regularly assumes physically awkward and stressful positions. Occasionally required to climb to and maneuver at heights of approximately 80-100 ft. Works at computer terminals and monitors facility processes during product loading.
Applicant must have the ability to work in a continuous operating environment. Emergency Response Personnel
Ammonia terminal operators are required to function as emergency responders in the event of a hazardous material (anhydrous ammonia) spill.? There are two basic roles which operators could be expected to perform: (1) Hazardous Material Technician and (2) Incident Commander (under 29 CFR 1910.120(q)).? Points of note are:The usual exposure level will be below the PEL.? In an emergency situation the exposure level could be immediately dangerous to life and health (see MSDS for PEL and IDLH).? For initial entry, personal protective equipment will be used including a Level A encapsulated suit and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) which weighs approximately 35 lbs Emergency response may be indoors or outside where weather conditions can range from extreme heat to extreme cold Medical treatment of victims is designated to local community emergency responders but the Incident Commander and Hazardous Material Technicians could administer first aid and CPR on a Good Samaritan basis in an emergency Hazardous Materials Technician
Physical requirements: Wear Level A protective suits and self-contained breathing apparatus in order to perform offensive measures to patch, plug or stop a leak of anhydrous ammonia.? Time spent in the Level A Suit is generally limited to 15-20 minutes.? The weight of the SCBA is approximately 35 lbs.
Deploy approximately 200 ft. of fire hose at critical downwind locations. Use tools (e.g., wrenches, hammers, wedges, etc.) to plug piping leaks. Remove victims to a safe location for treatment of medical personnel (including confined space removal/retrieval). Perform diking or ditching measures using sandbags and shovels to contain water flows on site Climb stairs to the top of an ammonia tank (approx. 90 feet high) carrying 50 lbs. of equipment while ascending the stairs.
Install valves in an ammonia piping system. Haul emergency response equipment (i.e.; Level A suits, Biopaks, rubber boots) to designated incident command locations. Assist local fire department and authorities, as needed.
Operate mobile and heavy equipment (front-end loader, pick-up truck) to contain spills. Incident Commander
Roles and Physical
The role of Incident Commander involves guiding and directing emergency response efforts from an upwind location.? The Incident Commander typically functions in Level D protective gear (normal work clothes).? Physical activities are restricted to surveillance of the response area and assisting the Hazardous Material Technicians into their protective gear.
CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. ? Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal ? "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link: . If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call or contact us at? . JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK ? Posted Date: 10-30-2017 - provided by Dice
.Net, Development, Environmental, HTML, HTTP, Manager, Management, Materials, Mechanical, Surveillance, Technician, Testing
Ammonia Operations Technical Specialist
Operate, Maintain and Document as necessary all aspects of the facility’s ammonia refrigeration system to ensure the system is performing efficiently, safely and in a compliant manor.
- General understanding and compliance with all OSHA regulations, EPA Regulations, National Electrical Codes, State Mechanical Codes and other Plant/Facility Operational or safety procedures.
- Adhere to Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory guidelines.
- Perform all work in accordance with environmental, health and safety standards, rules, regulations and practices of the facility.
- Maintain the plant’s PSM (Process Safety Management) and ERP (Emergency Response Plan) programs, including all related documentation.
- Must be able to pass training/certifications as required for qualification.
- Use a variety of test equipment, machines, hand tools and computer aided equipment essential to maintaining the Ammonia System.
- Respond to equipment/system breakdowns in an expeditious, professional and safe manner.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and diagnose system failures or breakdowns.
- Perform maintenance in accordance with maintenance schedules, utilizing appropriate blueprints, diagrams, sketches, national codes and verbal/written instructions.
- Maintain a clean and orderly shop and work area.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and willing to move to any shift. Including being on call during off hours for emergency situations related to the ammonia system.
- Ability to comply with and execute the established preventive maintenance and work order/repair program in place.
- Maintain the equipment/system history records including daily activity records and all maintenance actions.
- Ability to read, understand and use the systems P&ID to effectively maintain and troubleshoot the Ammonia system.
- Compliance with all other duties as assigned.
- Start/Stop, adjust and monitor the facilities ammonia refrigeration system to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Complete and maintain all necessary logs and records, including but not limited to documentation required for the PSM and ERP programs.
- Perform required maintenance task on all associated system equipment and components.
- Maintain proper temperatures throughout the ammonia system as required per sub system.
- Operate and maintain the system in a manner that ensures the safety of fellow employees, the community and the environment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must possess previous experience and documented training or certification in all of the following areas:
- PLC, electrical controls and motor circuits.
- Ammonia Refrigeration
- 5+ years’ experience as an Ammonia systems operator
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to read and comprehend blue prints, diagrams and schematics.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to document to effectively present information for needed records of parts or repairs.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one small group situations to customers, clients, and other team members of the organization.
- Ability to use effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to use mathematical functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to perform machine checks and setup, electrical calculations and read test equipment/measuring instruments.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
- Lift, carry and push equipment.
- Reach, bend and twist/turn in awkward positions.
- Ability to visually differentiate items of color, up close and in the distance.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment and/or clothing.
- Ability to pass a respirator fit test.
- Stand/walk 6 or more hours per day.
- Continuously talk/hear throughout the day.
- Frequently squat, bend, reach, twist/turn, grip/grasp, and climb.
- Frequently use eye/hand coordination and eye/hand/foot coordination as well as handle/finger.
- Frequently lift up to 25 lbs from floor height to overhead and carry more than 100 feet.
- Occasionally kneel/crawl.
- Occasionally use fine motor tasks and taste/smell.
- Push tool carts requiring 25 lbs of force over 100 yards.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Must be able to work in shop and production environments.
- Constantly work in damp, wet, humid and slippery environments.
- Constantly work near moving equipment.
- Constantly work in extreme heat/cold (-15-100 degrees).
- Constantly work in high noise levels requiring hearing protection.
- Frequently work in area with fumes or airborne debris.
- Frequently work with toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally work in high places.
- Occasionally work with hand tools causing segmental or whole-body vibration.
- Bump cap, hair net, safety glasses, hearing protection, and uniform.
- Cut resistant and nitrile gloves.
- Powered industrial trucks including lift trucks and electric pallet jacks.
- Aerial lifts including scissor and articulating boom lifts.
- Use of ladders including step, fixed and extension.
- Use of shop equipment – welder, grinders, lathes, drills, presses and other metal working tools.
- Use of various hand tools including pliers, screwdrivers, wrenches, channel locks, socket drivers, etc.
- Use of power and pneumatic tools.
- Use of test instruments (micrometers, calipers, etc.).
- Use of electrical meters.
- Use of precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to effectively use the plant’s computer software for operating the refrigeration system
- Efficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel for documentation purposes.
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
The Ammonia Refrigeration Technician will be responsible for maintaining and operating the ammonia refrigeration systems in a way that is safe and efficient.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Maintain and operate ammonia compressors, liquid ammonia pumps and receiver, steam supply system including manual and automated valves, heat exchanger and condensate traps.
- Maintain and operate high pressure oilers and feed water service traps and water feed for boilers and heat exchangers.
- Repair any malfunctioning components associated with boiler systems.
- Maintain and operate glycol concentrators, condensers, fans, pumps, evaporators, plate heat exchangers and shell and tube heat exchangers.
- Evacuate all or any part of the ammonia refrigeration systems in the plant.
- Utilize electrical troubleshooting on refrigeration and heating systems.
- Install, repair, tear down and rebuild system components on all phases of refrigeration and heating systems in the plant.
- Dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical and pneumatic testing equipment.
- Adjust or replace worn or defective mechanisms and parts; reassemble repaired systems.
- Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system.
- Perform mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming.
- Fabricate and assemble structural and functional components of refrigeration system, using hand tools, power tools and welding equipment.
- Maintain proper documentation of repairs and replacements, so that costs and procedures can be accurately tracked.
- Maintain and operate an Energy Management System Test lines, components and connections for leaks.
- Follow Safety Procedures.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
The requirements of this position include:
- Associates Degree.
- 5-7 years of experience with ammonia refrigeration systems and/or high pressure steam systems, or a similar field.
- Mechanical experience required, with strong computer skills.
Ammonia Refrigeration Service Technician
Work independently performing maintenance and repair throughout the refrigeration systems. Must be proficient in the troubleshooting and repair of electrical, plumbing, and
Performs all repair and adjustment of refrigeration system, electrical work in accordance with OSHA Standards.
Perform repair of ammonia screw and reciprocating compressors.
Rebuild plate and frame heat exchangers.
Test, maintain, and evaluate equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, pyrometers, and pressure gauges.
Test and calibrate ammonia equipment.
Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records.
Answer emergency calls as needed from Customers.
Keep work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
Must be able to work flexible hours if required.
Must be able to respond to facility after hours call backs.
Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
Train others as needed.
Follow all Industry safety standards such as OSHA and Synergy HSE Program.
Overnight travel required.
Benefits: Applies to full-time employees
- Competitive Salary dependent on experience and skill set
- Life Ins
- Supplemental Health
Ammonia Refrigeration Tech
The Ammonia Refrigeration Technician will operate and maintain the refrigeration systems and associated equipment that include Ammonia, Freon, and Nitrogen. This position will also provide assistance with other types of equipment and facilities repairs when required.
RETA Level II Certification required. HAZWOPER and other related training and certification a plus. Minimum of 3 yrs. related experience preferred. This position is full-time with afternoon and evening hours, Monday-Friday with some weekends required.
Industrial Ammonia Technician
Overview Continental Carbonic is looking for an experienced Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration Operator and Technician for a newly opening dry ice manufacturing plant in Clearfield, PA. The Refrigeration Operator and Technician is mainly responsible for all aspects of equipment readiness associated with large ammonia refrigeration system and maintaining PSM to ensure all regulatory requirements are met. Responsibilities Additional duties will include, but are not limited to:
HVAC/Refrigeration (ammonia) troubleshooting, assistance with equipment installation, repair and testing.
Performing prescribed maintenance on all equipment and machines.
Inspecting and testing, operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards. Performing tasks on machines or equipment to detect malfunctions and discuss machine operation variations with maintenance manager and other maintenance technicians to diagnose problems or repair machines.
Performing troubleshooting and repairs to hydraulic equipment to include pumps, valves and hoses.
Keeping maintenance shop clean and organized including all tools and spare parts (Maintain 5S standards).
Comply with all OSHA, State and company regulations. Following and promoting safety within the work place. Qualifications CRITICAL REQUIREMENTS
PLC (programmable logic controller) and electrical troubleshooting. Experience as a maintenance technician in an USDA food facility strongly desired. Continental Carbonic is an industry leader in the production of Dry Ice and the largest distributor of dry ice blasting equipment. Benefits for full time employees include Paid Vacation, Holidays, 401k, Group Insurance including Dental, Vision and Life, Wellness Benefit, Tuition Reimbursement, and Opportunities for Advancement. For more information about our organization, visit our website at . Continental Carbonic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran status. Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. # of Openings1
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
About Lineage Logistics: Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain. Your Career Starts Here! Lineage is currently searching for aRefrigeration Technicianto join our growing team! As the Refrigeration Technicianyou areresponsible for maintaining, operating, inspecting, and repairing various types of ammonia refrigeration equipment.You willperform preventative and predictive maintenance asdirected by the Supervisor. This includesverifying that all equipment is operating within the manufacturer’s specifications and tolerances through periodic testing and inspections. Duties include:
Perform PM maintenance and repairs as directed by the direct Supervisor on compressors, condensers, evaporators, pumps, vessels, valves, purgers, and other machinery included in the ammonia refrigeration equipment.
Replacement of defective mechanical and manual valves
Control the equipment set points to accommodate the needs of our customers and maintain the integrity of their product.
Maintain control of the water treatment system and associated chemicals
Replace defective fan motors
Remove ice buildup from evaporator drain pans, investigate the cause and correct the problem
Work in motor room, freezer, and blast cell areas
Drain oil from ammonia system
Fill out daily reports as directed by the direct Supervisor
Remove and reinstall ammonia compressors
Perform motor alignments by use of dial caliper indicators
Compressor and pump shaft seal replacements
Perform oil and ammonia sampling for analysis on a regular schedule
Work directly with all refrigeration contractors, electricians, and pipe fitters when they are working on theammonia refrigeration system to ensure that they are following all of the company safety policies and meeting work standards.
Inspect ammonia detection system
Ensure that all ammonia system safeguards are functioning properly at all times
Check integrity and tolerances by the use of a micrometer
Must be able to read and interpret P& ID drawings
Troubleshoot electrical problems
Ability to write SOPs, pumpdown procedures, LOTO procedures.
Remove and install 3 phase motors
Monitor fire safty systems.
Lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
Other duties and responsabilities assigned by direct Supervisor Work Environment:
Fast paced work environment with, in and around industrial machinery.
Working with Material Handling Equipment on a daily basis.
Cold storage environment. Warehouse bays are kept at a constant 32 degrees (and below in certain areas). Ability to withstand cold storage temps for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company).
Noise level varies and at times and can be loud.
Employee must successfully complete Refrigeration Operator I training course
Minimum of 3 years of ammonia refrigeration experience
Interest and ability to obtain a CAIRO/CIRO certification through RETA within a 6 month period (or approved equivalent )
Able to successfully complete 24 hour emergency training within a 3 month period.
PSM/RMP training would be beneficial but not a necessity. Lineage Team Members:
Continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and supportothers.
Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any safety concerns.
Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating positive work attitude and leadership skills.
Take initiative to continually improveperformance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas.
Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety, and attendance. Benefits: Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off. Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician-Distribution Center
Overview The purpose of Refrigeration Technician is to maintain, diagnose, repair, rebuild, adjust, perform preventive maintenance and install equipment within and around the facility so as to keep the production operational and have zero loss of production. This individual will perform the duties of a Refrigeration Technician and assist other maintenance personnel on his/her shift and will be responsible for all necessary paperwork and documentation as they relate to the job. EEO/AA Information Smithfield, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law. Responsibilities
The operation of ammonia refrigeration compressors, condensers, pumps, vessels / recirculators, purgers, evaporators / RMAU’s, and heat exchangers while using standard operating procedures.
Make rounds and keep logs of daily operations and events for multiple engine rooms and refrigeration equipment.
Maintenance and troubleshooting of ammonia refrigeration compressors, condensers, pumps, vessels / recirculators, purgers, evaporators / RMAU’s, heat exchangers, and control valves / isolation valves while using the Original Equipment Manufacturer’s guidelines.
Perform Line & Equipment Opening procedures.
Pass a physical, pulmonary test, respirator fit test and meet the requirements for Haz-Mat team (Must be able to wear a Level A chemical suit) on an annual basis.
Adhere to all Smithfield safety requirements including PPE usage, preventing and reporting unsafe acts and conditions, Lock out-Tag out procedures and Process Safety Management related items.
Obtain RETA 1 Certificate within 1 year of hire date.
Obtain RETA 2 Certificate within 2 years of hire date.
Able to work 12 hour shifts 6-7 day periods and weekends as needed.
- 40 to 100+ degree temperatures. Qualifications + 3+ years’ experience in operation and maintenance of Ammonia Refrigeration system.
Electrical experience and troubleshooting in low and high voltage circuits, motors, and controls.
Strong reading, math, writing, analytical, skills required and high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Basic knowledge of computers.
Must able to lift 100 pounds.
Must be able to work in confined spaces.
Must be able to pass a pulmonary function & respirator fit test.
Must be able to work in
- 40 to 100+ degree temperatures.
Must not be afraid of heights.
Perform assigned tasks efficiently with minimum supervision. Preferred Experience:
PSM 14 elements awareness
Previous Haz-Mat experience
Having HVAC experience with refrigerants R-22, R-134a, R-404A, R-407C, and R-410A
Fork lift operator experience
Welding and pipe fitting experience Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Plant environment will include wet, damp, cold, slippery and loud conditions with moving parts, and vibrating parts.
Noise level in the work environment is usually loud when in the production area. Refer this job to a friend Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Connect With Us! Not ready to apply?for general consideration. ID2017-7243 Job LocationsUS-NC-Tar Heel CategoryEngineering/Maintenance TypeFull-Time FLSA StatusHourly Shift1st and 2nd Shift
Maintenance Supervisor With Ammonia Refrigeration Experience
Company: Freedman Food Service DallasLocation:
US-TX-DallasZip Code: 75237Minimum Level of Education: High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience: 1Position Type: Travel Percentage: 0 More information about this job:
The purpose of the Maintenance Supervisor position is to lead and direct all activities supporting the maintenance of the buildings, equipment, refrigeration systems and related facilities to ensure maximum production quantity and quality. Freedman Meats Dallas Dallas, TX Job Functions:
Involved in the hiring, promoting, training, disciplining and terminating of assigned maintenance/utility staff. Visually inspect and test machinery to detect malfunctions. Communicate equipment problems to operations staff as needed.
Ensure safety procedures are used consistently. (Lock out, tag out, etc.) Diagnose problems, dismantle defective machines and equipment, and install new or repaired parts, following the specifications set forth in blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings. Building maintenance and lighting (plumbing repair, changing lamps & ballasts, light remodeling, refrigeration systems, etc.). Repair electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment. Maintains open communication among the various departments/locations.
Communicates information pertaining to maintenance, equipment observations, problems and prevention. Implement and maintain preventive maintenance on all equipment and machinery within the plant, as noted in the equipment manufacturer’s guidelines. Maintain FES Ammonia Compressors, condensers, valve stations.
Maintain heat exchangers, pump packages, liquid ammonia pumps. Maintain air units, refrigeration PLC and all control components. Maintain all refrigeration components in the best operating condition to provide adequate temperatures.
Assure that all safety precautions and health hazards with ammonia are followed. Follow all GMP and Safety procedures. Complete other duties as assigned.
Responsible for Food Safety (temperature, HACCP. sanitation, sanitary conditions, foreign object control and allergens). Responsible for Food Quality (specifications, grade, portion size, trim levels, texture, color and age).
One Year experience as a maintenance supervisor with at least 5 years of maintenance experience in manufacturing or food processing. General knowledge of OSHA regulations as they apply to industrial and facility maintenance.
Experience with PLCs, preventative maintenance programs, high-speed packing, and down-time analysis preferred. Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel required. Machine uptime, reduction in repairs needed (PM), production efficiencies, budget controls, cost savings from vendors, reduction in safety risks.
CARO and CIRO certification is a plus 2-3 Years’ experience in Ammonia refrigeration production maintenance mechanic. Ammonia Operator Level 1 certification required. Bachelor of Science a plus.
Skills Needed: Ability to adjust to sudden changes and operational goals. Ability to troubleshoot electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic circuits and machinery that incorporates one or all of these.
Ability to use precision measuring tools and use math at the Algebra/Trigonometry level. Proficiency with electrical testing and measuring instruments (meters) Knowledge of PLC and servo controls and how they function. Mechanical aptitude and ability to use a wide variety of tools, both hand and power.
Commitment to work until job is completed. Interacts well with others. Good team player.
Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities. Must be able to tolerate cold conditions. Must be quick and agile.
Leadership skills Strong logical reasoning skills Strong communication: oral & written Analytical problem solving and decision making. Ability to prioritize. Flexibility Strong understanding of safe work practices.
Results-oriented. Customer-service oriented Negotiation/Persuasion skills Detail oriented. Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times Ability to stand long period of times. Ability to lift up to 100 lb. boxes. Bending and twisting when working on a conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates. Employment Type: Full Time
Industrial Refrigeration Service Technician- Ammonia
We are a well-established design/build industrial refrigeration contractor actively searching for an experienced Industrial Refrigeration Service Technician to add to our team.
· Ability to troubleshoot and make repairs to ammonia and industrial refrigeration systems
· Diagnostics and repair of equipment, valves, controls and other components.
· Knowledgeable with industrial refrigeration equipment (compressors, pumps, evaporators, condensers, valves, and controls)
· Preform maintenance task on equipment and systems
· Startup and commissioning of industrial refrigeration systems
· High Potential for advancement for the right candidate
· Other duties as assigned by Manager
· Experience working with Ammonia and industrial refrigeration systems
· Universal EPA certification.
· Strong work ethic and leadership capabilities
· Good customer services skills.
· Ability to work independently
· Willing to travel as needed
· Knowledge of OSHA and industry safety requirements
· Ability to use hand tools and power tools
· Good with electric and controls troubleshooting
· Be reliable and on time
· Valid driver’s license with a solid driving record
· Most work well with others
We offer competitive compensation based on qualifications and performance. Positions comes with an extensive benefits package including medical, 401K plan and paid vacation.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!