Ammonia Still Operator Job Description Sample
Ammonia Terminal Operator - CF Garner Te
Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.Department:AJ0186A11 Garner TerminalFunction:Operations
The purpose of the Operator - Terminal position is to carry out the processes of: loading and unloading product, storing product and maintaining the grounds, buildings and equipment used during operations.
Daily responsibilities/duties of Operator-Terminal may include, but are not limited to, any of the following:Perform product loading and unloading functions and associated duties, in accordance with established operating procedures. Maintain operating equipment, buildings and grounds in accordance with operating procedures.
This includes, but is not limited to, inspecting equipment; performing mechanical maintenance; advising appropriate personnel of or rectifying unsafe equipment or conditions; and, general cleaning of all terminal areas and ordering of supplies. Understand and apply principles of refrigeration systems, as appropriate. This includes testing and recording sample results, and, monitoring/recording gauge readings as appropriate.
Maintain and update appropriate manuals and records/paperwork accurately. Comply with all training, environmental, health and safety programs of the Company/industry. Assist with training and development of other operators as appropriate.
Interact and/or coordinate with Emergency Response Personnel discussions and/or training regarding environmental, health and safety situations. Perform hazardous material response/remediation duties should a hazardous material spill occur. Progress through and maintain skills acquired in the Operator Progression Program.
Perform other duties requested by facility management necessary for proper operation of the facility (i.e. recordkeeping, development /implementation of procedures). Perform maintenance duties or provide assistance to emergency situations at other Company locations as directed by Company management personnel. Participate in the development and implementation of capital and maintenance projects. Assume management responsibilities of facility when facility manager is absent.Successful incumbents will have:High School graduate or equivalent; plus equivalent of 2 years college, Military/technical training, or related work experience
Ability to understand and follow operating procedures
Refrigeration knowledge commensurate with position level
Good communication skillsHAZMAT certified (post-employment requirement)Ability and initiative to exercise independent or team-oriented action
Must have basic computer skills and be capable of data entry and information retrieval
Read, write, communicate and comprehend the English language.Position Scope/Contribution:TravelMay be required to travel to and work at different facility locations for limited periods of time.Working Conditions:Works in variety of environmental conditions (extreme cold/heat, humidity, wind, rain, snow, ice, etc.).Works with hazardous chemicals (including emergency response requirements discussed below).Incumbents are "on-call" (24 hours per day) for pre-designated time periods. While "on-call", incumbents must be located within reasonable proximity of facility (approx. 30 min-45 min driving time).Maneuvers over uneven and/or slippery surfaces.Regularly assumes physically awkward and stressful positions.Occasionally required to climb to and maneuver at heights of approximately 80-100 ft.Works at computer terminals and monitors facility processes during product loading.Applicant must h
Ammonia Terminal Distribution Operator
AMMONIA TERMINAL DISTRIBUTION OPERATOR WANTED. CF INDUSTRIES, one of North Americas largest manufacturers and distributors of fertilizer products, is seeking an Ammonia Operator at our Garner Terminal.
Responsibilities include: monitoring the loading of Anhydrous Ammonia; maintaining instrumentation, pumping and refrigeration systems; safety inspections; and groundskeeping. This facility runs 24/7, shift work will be required. Mechanical, electrical, and/or instrument aptitude highly preferred.
Refrigeration or oil/gas knowledge desirable. Those with a Military background or technical training wanted. CF offers a rewarding workplace, attractive salaries and a competitive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer, drug-free environment. Interested candidates should apply at:
Refrigeration Ammonia Tech III
Grocers Supply , based in Houston, is the largest wholesale grocery supplier in Texas, supplying over 900 independent grocery stores. Grocers Supply serves customers of all sizes, from single store independent retailers to chains, such as: Fiesta, FoodTown, Market Basket, Cox Foodarama / La Fiesta, Sellers Brothers, Minyard Food Stores, G. E. Foodland, and El Rio Grande. Working Safely is a Condition for Employment with GSC Wholesale, LLC. GSC Wholesale, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Position Overview As a
Refrigeration Technician III , you will be responsible for maintaining heating/air conditioning systems; identifying repair and/or replacement needs; providing necessary information on the proper uses of the equipment; and assisting other skilled trades as required
Install heating/air conditioning/refrigeration equipment and systems for the purpose of providing comfort inside facilities.
Inspect systems and their components (e.g. air conditioning, heating and refrigeration units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring safety and identifying necessary repairs and providing an ongoing program of preventive maintenance.
Diagnose problems and/or failures in heating/air conditioning / refrigeration systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and replacement needs.
Perform routine and preventive maintenance as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of HVAC and refrigeration systems.
Clean air conditioning and heating units (e.g. coils, condensation pans, drain lines, cooling towers, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring units are operating correctly.
Prepare documentation (e.g. records of refrigerants, paperwork, logs, time and materials, specifications, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support in compliance with regulations and/or conveying information.
Repair various items, systems and/or components for the purpose of ensuring that items are available and in safe working condition.
Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items to complete the necessary installation/repair.
Coordinate with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
Assist other trades personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
Maintain tools and/or equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating condition.
Transport various items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
Repair any work request from warehouse supervisors.
Prioritize daily maintenance request by safety and production levels.
Perform preventive maintenance on the warehouse.
Work effectively to reduce damages and increase accuracy.
Follow safety rules to prevent injury and accidents, including lock-out/tag-out process.
Inform personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and safety regulations.
Associate's Degree (two-year degree) in HVACR, Refrigeration/Electrical, Trade School Certification, or equivalent experience.
Four years experience in Refrigeration/Electrical/HVAC or equivalent experience.
Ammonia Refrigeration, CFC, Confined Space, EPA Refrigeration (Freon Purchase) Certifications.
Special skills: Glycol Systems, FRICK systems operating platform, HAZMAT, and Low Voltage Control Systems.
OSHA, Good Manufacturing Processes, PSM, and RMP.
OSHA Level A Hazmat Certification (24Hours, Medical Certification) within 90 days of employment.
OSHA HAZMAT, incident Command Training (8 Hours) within 90 days of employment.
Willing to obtain RETA (CARO) Certified Assistant Refrigeration Operator Certification within 1 year of hire.
Ability to work varied hours/days including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
Good communication skills: able to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner and listen attentively to others, understand material, and provide appropriate responses
General knowledge of tools; Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge; understanding and ability to perform light electrical maintenance
Must have basic familiarity with computers, web searching and email
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Physical ability to sit and stand for various periods and to handle cases of merchandise, which entails constant repetition of lifting (up to 65 lbs), bending, pushing, stooping and performing all functions as set forth above
Work in varying temperatures
Exposure to cold/hot, cleaning chemicals, solvents, and moderate noise levels
Maybe called on to operate warehouse equipment
Required to wear personal protective equipment
Ability to use and climb a ladder to multiple levels
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
Job Description: Enter Job Description Job ID: 104861BR City:
Murfreesboro State: Tennessee Country: We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety.
Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Engineering Manager - 2 Plants (Must Have Food & Ammonia Experience)
Engineering Manager - 2 plants
Looking for a career, not a job? Our client of many years has proven over and over that they are seeking high functioning, promotable candidates that will contribute to the growth of this international and diversified company.
Location: The location is west and within commuting distance of of Springfield Missouri but is not located in Springfield.
The selected candidate with manage 2 sites for the company and 2 Maintenance Managers, and all CAPEX projects including Ammonia Refrigeration facilities and waste water plants.
You will be the key Engineering and Maintenance spiritual leader to offer the strategic direction and any needed technical support to the two plants (which are near each other)
You're challenge will be to support in Engineering, Continuous Improvement and Maintenance for the continuing growth of the two sites, one new and one has been in existence for some time
Additional Key Duties
- Develop the staff in succession planning way that the next manager or hourly is in cross training and in line to his/her next promotion. working from an abundance mentality
- Continue to improve your department and plants Safety and Ammonia PSM
- Improve any efficiency standards and maintenance initiatives which you're goal is to improve productivity while maximizing safety, quality, sanitation, CAPEX cost efficiency and regulatory compliance of your area of responsibility.
- Manages capital and facility maintenance projects and resources through timely equipment installation, service and repair.
- Manage directly or indirectly all on-site contractors and any work related to your team in CAPEX and Maintenance to me all applicable regulatory codes and standards.
- Protect assets and reduce equipment related downtime.
- Manages maintenance department, including organizing and prioritizing departmental goals and objectives.
- Develops, coordinates, executes and sustains preventive maintenance plans through use of the CMMS system.
- Ensures maintenance team members (approx 40-50 non union) are trained and developed to meet and support company needs
- Provide a hands-on approach to resolving day-to-day maintenance and service issues.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline from a college or university in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical
- An advanced degree would be preferred such as an MBA or MS in Engineering
- 10+ years Engineering and Maintenance in a related industry (Food, Pharma, CPG )
- Must have Ammonia Refrigeration experience and or certifications to provide knowledge in this area
- Knowledge of Boilers, Waste Water Treatment, Compressed Air Systems
- 5+ years Supervisory or Management experience
- Fixed Assets Maintenance responsibilities, including maintenance budget planning and control
- CMMS / PM / Six Sigma / Process improvement / 5S are valued areas of knowledge to do your job and preferred.
- Ability to influence change and innovation in a team atmosphere with strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in making business decisions using metrics or facts and good judgment
- Knowledge of Food / USDA or related OSHA regulations,
- GMP's, Sanitation, and HACCP principles and practices
- Advance computer proficiency is required (MS Office including Project)
- Advanced Auto CAD experience, along with the ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and plans
Ammonia Refrigeration Technicians And Supervisors
Lead Staffing is currently recruiting for Ammonia Refrigeration Technicians and Supervisors.
ammonia refrigeration technician is responsible for maintaining, repairing, and examining refrigeration systems, working specifically with ammonia refrigeration. This role requires performing preventative maintenance to refrigeration systems. They also respond to any breakdowns , meaning they may need to be on call to conduct emergency repairs. These technicians must be able to perform physical tasks such as scaling tall buildings, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, and moving around refrigeration systems. Ammonia refrigeration technicians must be able to work with a variety of individuals, including fellow technicians, supervisors, and clients.
Must have 5 years’ experience with ammonia systems.
Must have all hand tools of the trade.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Must have clean driver licence.
Technicians pay rate is $26.00-$30.00 DOE
Supervisor pay rate is $28.00-$32.00 DOE
Ammonia Refrigeration Service Technician
Work independently performing maintenance and repair throughout the refrigeration systems. Must be proficient in the troubleshooting and repair of electrical, plumbing, and
Performs all repair and adjustment of refrigeration system, electrical work in accordance with OSHA Standards.
Perform repair of ammonia screw and reciprocating compressors.
Rebuild plate and frame heat exchangers.
Test, maintain, and evaluate equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, pyrometers, and pressure gauges.
Test and calibrate ammonia equipment.
Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records.
Answer emergency calls as needed from Customers.
Keep work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
Must be able to work flexible hours if required.
Must be able to respond to facility after hours call backs.
Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
Train others as needed.
Follow all Industry safety standards such as OSHA and Synergy HSE Program.
Overnight travel required.
Benefits: Applies to full-time employees
- Competitive Salary dependent on experience and skill set
- Life Ins
- Supplemental Health
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
The Ammonia Refrigeration Technician will be responsible for maintaining and operating the ammonia refrigeration systems in a way that is safe and efficient.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Maintain and operate ammonia compressors, liquid ammonia pumps and receiver, steam supply system including manual and automated valves, heat exchanger and condensate traps.
- Maintain and operate high pressure oilers and feed water service traps and water feed for boilers and heat exchangers.
- Repair any malfunctioning components associated with boiler systems.
- Maintain and operate glycol concentrators, condensers, fans, pumps, evaporators, plate heat exchangers and shell and tube heat exchangers.
- Evacuate all or any part of the ammonia refrigeration systems in the plant.
- Utilize electrical troubleshooting on refrigeration and heating systems.
- Install, repair, tear down and rebuild system components on all phases of refrigeration and heating systems in the plant.
- Dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical and pneumatic testing equipment.
- Adjust or replace worn or defective mechanisms and parts; reassemble repaired systems.
- Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system.
- Perform mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming.
- Fabricate and assemble structural and functional components of refrigeration system, using hand tools, power tools and welding equipment.
- Maintain proper documentation of repairs and replacements, so that costs and procedures can be accurately tracked.
- Maintain and operate an Energy Management System Test lines, components and connections for leaks.
- Follow Safety Procedures.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
The requirements of this position include:
- Associates Degree.
- 5-7 years of experience with ammonia refrigeration systems and/or high pressure steam systems, or a similar field.
- Mechanical experience required, with strong computer skills.
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
Both these positions are 12 hour shifts 7am-7pm rotating schedule where you have a 3 day weekend every other week. 48 hours one week and 36 next. ABSOLUTELY need verifiable Ammonia Refrigeration skills and experience. Well established food processing plant. This is a perm position. Pay Scale is $18.79 an hour to $26.84 based on experience and skills. For the right candidate, relocation is possible
With our global presence and local expertise, and by leveraging the expertise of our parent company, ManpowerGroup, we influence how people and companies work now and how they will work in the future.
Ammonia Refrigeration Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY The Ammonia Utilities/Facilities Supervisor is responsible for planning, supervising and monitoring of the plant utilities and facilities ammonia systems while maintaining standards of safety and quality. Provide problem solving leadership to ensure the efficient operation and continuous improvement of the facility.
Responsible For: Safe and efficient operation of a 2 stage Ammonia system(6000lbs of Ammonia) Maintain -10 Freezer warehouse, - 35 Spiral freezer, ambient spirals, condensers both ammonia and glycol, cooling towers. Knowledge of Frick Compressors, FES Compressors and Trane HVAC units Operational and personal safety regarding electrical and Ammonia Hazards. Define all the training and organizational development
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!