Angle Shear Operator Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Angle Shear Operator
Shear Saw Operator
Essential Job Duties and
- Follows all company and work center production, administration and safety policies and procedures.
- Reviews manufacturing planning, set-up information and/or related instructions to understand appropriate work process and quality requirements for completed product.
- Depending upon work center assignment, the operator will set-up and operate one or more of the following machines: hydraulic shear and forklift. Set-up and tear-down may require the use of a forklift and/or other material handling equipment.
- Uses gauges, scales, calipers and other measuring equipment to check first part quality.
- Responsible for minor machine maintenance and maintaining proper alignment and condition of machine.
- Completes required documentation, including but not limited to: recording of accurate part counts, labor card entry, set-up information, special notes, data collection plans, tie-in information and recording the disposition of non-conforming material. Tears down machine or hand tool set-up upon completion of production run, returning all tools, equipment and accessories to their proper locations. Moves completed part order to next manufacturing operation or staging area
Busy Manufacturing company in Brooklyn Center is currently looking for an experienced machine operator to come join it's 1st Shift.
1) Long Term job opportunity with room for advancement.
2) $15 - $20 Per hour
3) Stable shop with long term customers
4) Climate controlled environment
5) Clean shop with well maintained equipment
6) Benefits available after 90 Days including health insurance
7) Great work atmosphere
8) Locally owned shop looking for long term employees.
9) Opportunity to work on parts for defense contractors.
1) Operate Machines in a safe environment always utillizing safety and obeying lock out tag out procedures when applicable.
2) Maneuver Sheet Metal into side guides and end stops or aligns layout lines under Machine Cutting Tool.
3) Ensure Machine is safe for startup and supervise to ensure cut is precise.
4) Measure parts using Tape Measure, Pocket Scale, or Caliper depending on tolerances of job.
5) Operate other Precision Metal Machinery such as Punch Press / Turret / or Drill Press to perform secondary operations as needed.
Fastest growing Staffing Firm in the Twin Cities!
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Holiday's
Brake And Shear Operator / Fabricator
Brake/Shear Operator will set up and operate the press brake to perform metal fabrication. Responsibilities
Ensures that all guards and safety devices are installed and operating properly. Performs required equipment safety inspections. Reports any discrepancies and shuts the equipment down if necessary.
Checks dimension of shapes after bending, compares with drawings and specifications, and makes necessary equipment adjustments.
Performs on-going quality control of own work by inspecting work for size and quantity. Checks dimensions of sheared pieces against specifications. Use various measuring instruments. .
Assures quality of work through accuracy, neatness, paying attention to details, thorough understanding of information, with minimal amount of rework. Conveys personal commitment to quality by demonstrating good quality behavior. Qualifications
High School Diploma/ GED preferred
Able to continuously lift 25lbs and sometimes lift 100lbs
Ability to read shop orders
Ability to read tape measure EOE
Shear operator needed for company that manufactures fire-rated steel door frames. Must be dependable and hardworking and be able to set the shear for different size parts. Hi-lo experience required and certification preferred.
Express employment is seeking an Accounting Clerk. Duties:iReconcilingiAnalyzing invoices/reportsiPayrolliKeeping accurate records
Requirements:i1+ yearsi experience in accounting iKnowledge of QuickBooksiAbility to communicate clearly
This is a 1st shift position, pay is based off experience. If you are interested in this position call the office 309-601-1600, and/or apply online www.expresspros.com!
Post a Job
Shear Operator / Grinding
A Manufacturing Company has a growth administrative / jr. buyer position available
Following is a list of desired qualities.:
- Attention to Detail
- Must be able to follow all Safety Rules
- Able to read work-orders
- Able to interact and communicate with fellow employees in a friendly and professional manner
- General housekeeping
Experience desired in the following areas:
- Amada 10' Shear
- Understanding of different gauges and material types
- Expertise with hand tools including grinders, DA and deburring wheels.
- Graining machine
Shear Machine Operator
We are seeking a Shear Machine Operator to join our client's team! This is an entry-level position in the machine operation position for our client. You will be working on cutting down various types of metal sheets to the appropriate dimensions. This is a great facility with outstanding advancement opportunities for the right hard working person. This position is located in Oldsmar, FL
- Cut sheet metal into the appropriate sizes and dimensions
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload metal to be sheared
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the machine
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- Previous machine operation in a manufacturing facility is preferred
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Our Mission: Consistently provide client experiences focused on what they value most.
We are seeking a Shear Operator for a manufacturer of storage shelving, cabinets, workstations and more in Denver.
Pay - $15-17/hr based on experience.
Qualified candidates must be able to accurately read a tape measure and must have experience working with steel shear machines in a manufacturing setting.
Shift- Monday- Friday 7 am- 3:30 pm.
- MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK - NO FELONIES
- MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUG SCREEN.
Submit resume for immediate consideration!
We offer weekly pay and benefits!
Chop Saw Shear Operator
POSITION TITLE: Production Support Operator - Chop Saw / Shear SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: Material Control Supervisor CLASSIFICATION: Hourly/Non-Exempt General Summary: Works independently and with others to perform processes necessary to efficiently and effectively fabricate materials ready to place in LMI work centers for the next step in the manufacturing process. The operator must function as a productive, contributing and responsible member of his/her work team. In all actions, supports LMI’s Quality Policy, Mission Statement and other LMI policies and procedures by supporting our commitment to total customer satisfaction, quality products and services, lean processes, continuous improvement, on-time delivery, safety, teaming, individual accountability and respect for people. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: + Follows all company and work center specific production, administration and safety policies and procedures. Attends and actively participates in all required training.
Reviews manufacturing planning, part-specific engineering information, set-up information and/or related instructions to understand appropriate work process and quality requirements for completed product.
Depending upon work center assignment, the operator will set-up and operate one or more of the following machines: hydraulic shear, chop saw and forklift. Set-up and tear-down may require the use of a forklift and/or other material handling equipment.
Uses gauges, scales, calipers and other measuring equipment to check first part quality. Obtains first part for buy-off from lead person, supervisor, quality control inspector and/or second team member. Upon buy-off, completes production run for the manufacturing planning operation. Performs 100% inspection of all parts, subsequent to first part buy-off, and completes requirements of applicable statistical process control plans. Where available, uses target times to evaluate timely completion of work. Notifies lead person or supervisor about substantive discrepancies between manufacturing planning target time and actual set-up and/or run times.
Responsible for minor machine maintenance and maintaining proper alignment and condition of machine.
Completes required documentation, including but not limited to: recording of accurate part counts, labor card entry, set-up information, special notes, data collection plans, tie-in information and recording the disposition of non-conforming material. Tears down machine or hand tool set-up upon completion of production run, returning all tools, equipment and accessories to their proper locations. Moves completed part order to next manufacturing operation or staging area.
Maintain proper inventory control within the AS400 and physical inventory. Routinely audit inventory and perform cycle counts.
Works with others, using continuous process improvement tools and techniques and just-in-time manufacturing techniques, to develop and install process improvements that positively impact manufacturing through-put, machine and human resources utilization, space utilization, organization and other factors. Assists to incorporate process improvements into document instructions.
Actively participates in work center and cross-functional process improvement teams by attending team meetings, completing action items, encouraging complete and respectful discussion and understanding of goals, alternatives and solutions.
Conduct all business transactions and communications in a professional manner congruent to company policy. Other Job Duties and Responsibilities: + Practice safe procedures at all times when using material handling equipment.
To know, understand and follow all job tools available and applicable to the job and the plant including QAP’s, work instructions, etc.
May occasionally work for short periods in another area of the work center to accommodate customer requirements and/or adjust for variation in work flow within the company.
May perform general housekeeping, facility clean-up and maintenance including but not limited to painting, moving equipment and storage units, assisting with major machine maintenance or repair.
All duties as assigned by the Supervisor and or other members of the management team. Qualifications: + Detail oriented with the ability to use elementary measuring tools i.e. micrometer calipers and electronic calipers.
Must have the ability to read and understand tolerances.
Forklift certification a plus.
Understanding of process flows, lead times and lean principles in a mfg. environment.
Use of Microsoft Office and related software programs a plus. Physical Requirements:
Must be able to use pallet jacks and be able to lift 50 lbs.
Required to stand and move on feet all day. Special Requirements: + Flexibility to work overtime as required. LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, LMI provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to access the company’s online application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the online application system, LMI will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line application system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of contact ready for LMI‘s Human Resources Department. LMI will make every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for the general submission of application materials. LMI is an E-Verify Employer. LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer Who we are LMI is a world-class leader in designing, building and manufacturing aerospace structures, systems and components for commercial, business and regional, and military aerospace customers. We employ more than 1,800 engineering, manufacturing and testing experts in 22 locations throughout the United States, Mexico, the United Kingdom and Sri Lanka. Our integrated team approach and full life cycle of capabilities enable our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities for career growth within our organization.
Shear Saw Operator
Are you looking for steady hours and weekly pay? Are you looking for a company you can grow with? We have immediate openings! What's in it for you? * Full time hours
Competitive wages: $14/hr on 1st shift - $14.50/hr on 2nd shift
Option to take free college courses and skills training
Temporary to hire, based on performance and attendance
Paid on the job training
Health Benefits and 401K What is the job? * Shear Saw Operator
Tasks include grinding, sawing, shearing, testing, quality control, and various other tasks depending on department
Moderate work pace with close attention to detail and following instructions well What you bring to the job? * Willingness to learn - no experience is required, but it always helps
Great attitude and ability to work in a team
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Ability to pass a Background Check and Drug Screen Stop your job search and apply today. Do you need more information? Please call our recruiters at 636-390-2800. We love referrals and we will pay you for them, so please share our job with friends or family.