Angle Shear Operator Job Description Sample
Plate & Angle Roll Operator
Experienced PLATE & ANGLE ROLL OPERATOR. Must be able to read and follow blueprints.
Shear Operator - Machine Operator - 1St Shift - 2Nd Shift
Metals USA is seeking an experienced Shear Operator/ Machine Operator for its 1st and 2nd shift located in Seekonk MA (suburban Providence RI) facility. Metals USA is a solid growth oriented carbon steel distribution center servicing the defense, commercial construction, and road construction and fabrication industries.
The Shear Operator must be capable of set up and operating of hydraulic shear machine in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Read blueprints and job orders for product specifications.
- Locate and prepare correct material for the job.
- Set up machine for required processing functions.
- Produce of finished goods to customer specifications.
- Must be able to work from material orders accurately as to the exact quantity, size and able to make precision cuts into materials.
- May mark identification on material /work pieces before processing.
- Operate material handling equipment as needed to complete functions of the shearing operation.
- Ensure equipment and working area is maintained in a clean and organized manner.
- Conduct job functions in a safe and efficient manner.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Basic mathematical skills reading skills required.
- Must have the ability to comprehend and interpret work order instructions, safety and policy manuals.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Ability to read a tape measure, micrometer, calipers and gauges
- Strong aptitude and operating knowledge of heavy industrial equipment/ machining procedures
- Prior experience with forklift, side loader and overhead crane experience a plus
- Prior experience with shear equipment set-up and operation is required.
- Must be safety-focused for yourself & fellow co-worker
Metals USA offers competitive starting salary and benefits program plus upward mobility professional growth.
EOE, Affirmative Action Employer /M/F/D/V
Mobile Shear / Heavy Equipment Operator
EMR - Southern Recydling is a global leader in metal recycling. We are privately owned with a heritage dating back to the 1940s and employ almost 3500 people operating at 150 locations around the world. We are currently looking for a full-time Heavy Equipment Operator to start immediately at our location in New Orleans, LA.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
- Operate light and heavy equipment such as mobile shears, backhoes, forklifts, skid steers, front end loaders
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment
- Complete all work in a safe and professional manner
- Proper material handling
- Complete required paperwork, forms, and records as required
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety Regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must pass pre-employemnt drug screen, criminal background and physical exam
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers
- Operator experience a must
- Mechanically inclined is a strong asset
- Maintain a clean work area
- Attention to detail
- Hand-Eye coordination
- Basic computer skills a plus
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in EMR - Southern Recyling.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
EMR - European Metal Recycling is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal law.
- - - - - - - -
Our core business is the recycling of scrap metal from a range of sources such as End-of-Life vehicles/consumer products, industry, construction and demolition. We have extensive ferrous and non-ferrous operations worldwide and produce over 100 grades of high quality recycled materials which are taken to market by our substantial road, rail and shipping network.
Supporting our core activities are a range of specialist divisions including industrial clearance, total waste management, ship breaking, servicing local government service providers and cable, copper and aluminum granulation facilities. Also, through our own and our joint venture activities we are working towards becoming a zero waste company.
Shear And Press Break Operator
Job Description: Job Requirements
Posted:* 1/5/2018 Category: Sheer/Brake Press
Job Type:* Contract
Alro Steel is currently seeking a Metal Shear Operator to join our team in Orlando, FL. Join the Alro team and start building your tomorrow! Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Alro offers rewarding and challenging career opportunities, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We work hard to provide our teammates with comprehensive on-the-job training for a multitude of business disciplines, so that they can maximize their career expectations. Most importantly, employment at Alro is about being a part of something bigger. It’s about being on a team that employs the highest levels of loyalty, honesty and integrity. It’s about exceeding customer expectations on a daily basis by taking a true interest in their needs. An Alro career provides a dynamic work environment that allows our teammates to learn, grow and succeed in whatever they put their minds to, both personally and professionally. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
filling and preparing customer orders for shipment;
operating heavy equipment including, shears, forklifts, and overhead cranes;
potentially working afternoon or evening hours as needed, based upon shift assignment. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a previous work history that includes:
previous experience in operations for a metal service center (preferred);
two years of experience in operating metal shear equipment (preferred);
safe work habits;
computer and keyboard skill development;
a record of accurate order fulfillment. Benefits:
Flexible Spending Accounts
Retirement Savings Plan
Tuition Reimbursement About the company: Alro Steel Corporation supplies raw materials (carbon, stainless steel, aluminum and red metals) to a variety of manufacturing and other industries. Our customer base, ranging in size from small to very large users of metals, has come to depend on Alro's commitment to excellent delivery service. Alro Steel, established in 1948, is a privately held corporation with over 60 facilities strategically located throughout the Midwest and Southeast. Alro Steel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers a Drug-Free Environment and Opportunities for Advancement. ID: 2017-3662 External Company URL: www.alro.com
Shear And Press Brake Operator
Press brake operators produce parts for enclosures using a press brake, a computer numeric controlled (CNC) piece of equipment that makes precision bends into material.
Look at blueprints or plans for the finished product details, make adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed and bend angles, as well as make sure the machines are set up properly, working well, and producing quality product.
Checks height, depth and thickness using micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, gauges and other precision-measuring instruments.
They make sure their machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials, well-maintained and perform periodic checks on output.
They look at the finished product to ensure it is defect-free and ready for the next step in production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to set-up and operate AMADA NC9-EX2, RG80, RG125 machines.
- Knowledge of FABRI-BEND is a plus.
- Knowledge of all bend allowances for sheet metal from 20GA-.250 THICK on stainless steel, KOTE(Galvanized), and Aluminum.
- Read and understand BOM’s, drawings and custom blueprints (when needed).
- Use small hand tools, measuring instruments.
- Responsible for reviewing work tickets, drawings and BOM's to ensure accuracy.
- Shop math skills are recommended for press brake operators to understand complex instructions, how schematics work and make sure items are designed and built correctly.
- Problem Solving
Press brake operators will need to know why machines are not at peak performance, must know how to troubleshoot and solve issues.
- Attention to Detail: Press brakes are precision equipment. Being off by millimeters could be a critical error. Keen attention to detail is required.
We offer these services:
- Recruiting and Staffing
- Project Outsourcing
- Recruitment Process Outsourcing
- Contractor Management Services
- Consulting Services.
CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A FULL TIME SHEAR OPERATOR
MUST BE ABLE TO:
READ BLUE PRINTS
Speak and Read English
WE OFFER MEDICAL, DENTAL ,VISION INSURANCE NO COST TO YOU for YOU.
Weekend Shear Operator
We have an immediate temp to hire opening for a Shear operator for a weekend shift in NOKC!
Qualified candidates Must have experience with steel and at least 1 year of experience running a Shear / Brake Press.
Great company to work for!!!
Weekend shift- 6:00 am- 6:30 pm Friday- Sunday
Positions will fill fast so apply today OR TEXT US FOR MORE INFO AT 405-632-0777.
We offer weekly pay and benefits!
Slitter/Scroll Shear Operator
Job Description Job Summary: The Slitter/Scroll Shear operator monitors and performs duties to operate slitters and scroll shears to shear sheets for a variety of units; works effectively as a team contributor on all required tasks, works independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees. Essential Functions:
Reviews the daily schedule report at the beginning of the shift to prepare and setup the press to run the required job according to the specifications.
Checks the material and label before running the job to ensure accuracy.
Checks to make sure all proper tools are in place.
Performs a safety equipment check before operating the equipment, including a housekeeping inspection.
Setup the equipment for the job and start each operation separately.
Lines up the sheets of material on the feeder.
Places the skid in stacker and start equipment.
Runs sample sheets, visually check for defects and gauge material as necessary.
Operates the slitter and scroll material to various sizes according to the specifications in the schedule.
Monitors equipment operation periodically.
Performs visual inspections of stamped units, including units in storage containers per instructions.
Counts and place units in storage containers per instructions.
Clears minor equipment jams with appropriate tools.
Performs hourly quality spot checks on units.
Records the results of quality checks.
Fills out production sheets and all other documentation as required.
Turns in load tickets and identify skids of material as required.
Notifies the mechanic of unusual of equipment and operating problems.
Use the light to signal the mechanic that you have an issue with the equipment.
Notifies the supervisor of any nonconforming product.
Makes recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the job, efficiency, quality and quantity.
Performs housekeeping duties at the end of the shift.
Picks up trash on grounds, and exterior walks, sweeps and mops the floor and wipes the equipment.
Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
Job Requirements Education and Experience:
This position requires a high school degree or its equivalent; at least one to three years of experience working in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English
Ability to read work instructions and schedule and comply with instructions
Ability to accurately fill out production paperwork
Demonstrated basic mathematical aptitude, skills in basic mathematical calculations
Understands quality, PPE requirements and safety and the importance of complying with safety policies and procedures Physical/Visual Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to walk and stand. Bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
The employee must regularly lift up to 50 pounds. Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: (Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated * with the performance of the functions of this job). Inside conditions, extremes of heat (100+ seasonal), exposure to humidity, working in tight areas, high noise levels from production environment, including some exposure to outside weather elements, oil and dirt. * “Commonly associated” is not intended to mean always or only. There may be different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate. Employee Type: Full-Time
Location:* Chicago, IL
Job Type:* Manufacturing
Experience:* Not Specified
Date Posted:* 1/12/2018
Set up or set up and operate power-shear or slitting machines to cut metal or plastic material, such as plates, sheets, slabs, billets or bars, to specified dimensions and angles. Must be able to read drawings,, follow routers and basic match. Temp/hire 1st shift- 6 am- 4 pm 2nd shift- 2 pm- 12 am Background check, drug screen & physical
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!