Animal Nursery Worker Job Description Sample
Nursery Animal Care Worker - St James, MN
Performs functions that are directly and indirectly related to the care of the nursery pig. Performs basic site requirements such as housekeeping, feed ordering, sanitation and load in/out are components required of the Nursery Herdsperson.
Will also be a resource to the Early Pig Care Specialist when required as pig care is the primary responsibility for the nursery staff. DUTIES 1. Help receive, sort, and size pigs. 2.
Guide trailers to chutes and help unload pigs off trailers when needed. 3. Assist in loading of feeder pigs. 4. Assist in moving excess feed from room to room, or room to hallway. 5.
Assist with maintenance to include: cleaning of shop, office, site and laundry 6. Feed young pigs on comfort boards. 7. Mix liquid nutrition and fill bowls for small, thin pigs in center bowls. 8.
Tattoo and vaccinate feeder pigs. 9. Tear down and set up rooms including emptying feeders, putting mats down, setting feeders backup, hanging heat lamps, and pulling mats out of pens as needed. QUALIFICATIONS Required Knowledge and
Position requires individual must be self-motivated and has the willingness to learn the required skills to assist in the production of a quality feeder pig. Personnel
Individual must be trustworthy, dependable, reliable and a team player.
Must have ability to fulfill requirements as directed by Pod Lead or Service Manager. Judgement Required: Utilizes independent judgment in development and execution of day-to-day responsibilities. SDL2017
Summary: Cares for groups of preschool and nursery children at Prestonwood Baptist Church during weekly worship services and special events
Teaches Biblical thoughts and Biblical activities through the leadership of the class Director Gives instruction to children regard
Growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior Have a joyful passion for children Work church wide special events as needed Work a regular weekly schedule as needed Able to lift up to 30 pounds without assistance Able to perform physical activities that require moving one's whole body, such as in climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, where the activities often also require considerable use of the arms and legs Prior experience caring for infants and young children helpful SDL2017
Nursery Worker For Commercial Landscape Co.
Nursery Worker needed to take care of nursery stock for Commercial Landscape Co. Must know how to operate equipment suck as TCM loaders.
Responsibilities include loading and unloading trees and shrubs, checking irrigation and maintaining it in good working condition.
Appearance of nursery, weeding, and fertilizing.
Nursery Worker needed to work in a year around greenhouse growing operation.
Plant, fertilize, and water plants using hand tools and gardening tools.
Harvest plants and label them.
Transplant seedlings and cuttings.
Clean and maintain work areas. HOURS: Part time position to start but may become full time. Hours between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. M - FWAGE: Starts at $11.00 per hour.NOTE: Business grows medical marijuana. Must pass a background check.
Farmworker, Ranch Animal Worker
Attend to livestock and cattle on farm. Maintain heated watering system and operating snow removal equipment in order to operate feed wagons.
Mix feed and additives, fills feed troughs with feed and water for livestock and removes ice formed in water. Examines animals to detect diseases and injuries. Applies medication to cuts and bruises, spray livestock with insecticide.
Confines livestock in stalls, washes and clips them to prepare them for calving and assists veterinarian in delivery of offspring. Binds or clamps testes or surgically removes testes to castrate livestock.Clips identifying notches or symbols on animal, or brand animal, using iron to indicate ownership. Cleans livestock stalls and sheds, using disinfectant solutions, brushes and shovels.
Perform pregnancy tests on cattle. Repair structures, build indbreaks. Maintain breeding, feeding and costs records.
Must be able to work outside in adverse weather conditions, and able to lift 50 lbs. Must have 3 months verifiable experience. Must maintain records on breeding, feeding and cost.
Must be able to work outside in adverse weather conditions, able to lift 50lbs. Must be able to obtain driver's license within 30-90 days of hire. Must be able and willing to work entire work period.
Basic Duties: Plant, spray, weed, fertilize, and water plants, shrubs, and trees, using hand tools and gardening tools.
Harvest plants, and transplant or pot and label them. Clean work areas, and maintain grounds and landscaping. Sell and deliver plants and flowers to customers.
Sow grass seed, or plant plugs of grass. Regulate greenhouse conditions, and indoor and outdoor irrigation systems. Cut, roll, and stack sod.
Feel plants' leaves and note their coloring to detect the presence of insects or disease. Provide information and advice to the public regarding the selection, purchase, and care of products. Maintain and repair irrigation and climate control systems.
Dig, cut, and transplant seedlings, cuttings, trees, and shrubs. Fill growing tanks with water. Record information about plants and plant growth.
Maintain inventory, ordering materials as required. Dig, rake, and screen soil, filling cold frames and hot beds in preparation for planting. Inspect plants and bud ties to assess quality.
Trap and destroy pests, such as moles, gophers, and mice, using pesticides. Move containerized shrubs, plants, and trees, using wheelbarrows or tractors. Tie and bunch flowers, plants, shrubs, and trees, wrap their roots, and pack them into boxes to fill orders.
Haul and spread topsoil, fertilizer, peat moss, and other materials to condition soil, using wheelbarrows or carts and shovels. Operate tractors and other machinery and equipment to fertilize, cultivate, harvest, and spray fields and plants.
HORTICULTURE Lyle B. Stokley dba Stokley Nursery, Semmes, AL now hiring 32 temporary Nursery Workers to work in Mobile County, AL from 1/2/2018 to 10/31/2018.
Hourly wage of $10.62. Perform manual labor to plant, transplant, cultivate, and tend to field grown, containerized, and ornamental plants, fruit, shrubs, trees and grasses using hand and gardening tools. Requires prolonged stooping, reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, heavy lifting and carrying including 50 lb. bags of fertilizer and 15 gallon potted plants.
Work outside in extremely hot, cold, and/or wet weather. One month of verifiable nursery work experience required. Three quarters of an average of 47.5 hrs./wk guaranteed.
Tools, supplies and equipment provided at no cost. Housing provided at no cost if outside commuting area. If applicable, transportation and subsistence expense to the job will be paid upon completion of 50% of the employment period, or earlier.
Apply for this job by reporting to the nearest SWA in the state in which this ad appeared or contact the Mobile Area Career Center, 515 Springhill Plaza Court, Mobile, AL 36608, , JO# AL. Category: Agriculture & Pets , Keywords: Nursery Worker
The Nursery Grower is responsible for coordinating and managing the planning, growing and harvesting of the Nursery operation. Focus is on improving production practices, managing plant nutrition
• Oversees soil/media preparation for the nurseries.
• Manages shipping and pre-plant handling of plant material.
• Responsible for overseeing the planting and mapping of nurseries.
• Tracks all varieties; works with Program Team to maintain tracking system.
• Responsible for all aspects of growing, including watering, fertilizing, spraying, de-weeding and testing
• Responsible for well water control.
• Check and record daily EC and PH readings and monthly light readings.
• Manages plant’s health inspection and irrigated pest/disease management.
• Manages the nursery and coordinates maintenance and repairs with appropriate parties.
• Calibrates all equipment and probes.
• Responsible for leading the documentation function of the nursery operation.
• Conduct trials/experiments to evaluate possible improvements to the crop
• Perform/track soil, water, disease tests as needed
• Identify/track/control insects
• Assist in the development and implementation of specific fertilization programs
• Monitor/control computerized greenhouse environments
• Interact/communicate with a dedicated, knowledgeable, friendly grower team
• Interpret/implement horticulture consultant’s recommendations
• Identify crop problems and determine a solution.
• Maintain a working knowledge of plant identification, cultural requirements, necessary maintenance activities and timing, and disease/insect pressures
• Proficient knowledge on Integrated Pest Management Practices (IPM)
• Both curatively and preventatively treat plant material for insects and diseases while following all regulations regarding safety and recordkeeping
• Develop and complete research programs aimed toward gains in production practices and/or efficiencies.
• Check and Update growing protocols when needed.
• Develop a regular and consistent method of scouting, nutrient monitoring and water quality monitoring
• Report to Production Manager any problems that may require shipping schedule modifications or that will affect plant inventory
• Identify and develop leaders within the ranks of Team Members
• Degree in Horticulture or Plant Science or equivalent experience would be considered.
• Minimum of five years of leadership experience.
• Pesticide private applicator license
• Knowledge of Worker Protection Standards (WPS)
• Knowledge and experience with plant diseases and their controls
• Good understanding about soil science and nutrient management in substrate.
• Knowledge and experience with pest control (Chemical/Biological)
• Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills preferred.
• Competent in use of Microsoft programs; advanced skills preferred.
• Experience with environmental control software and hardware
• Willingness and ability to learn data systems and handle devices.
• Detailed oriented, accurate, reliable, able to multitask and a team player.
• Has passion for working with people and plants.
• Ability to work weekends as needed.
We have relationships with top breeders, producers, and propagators worldwide and 800+ acres in production on our Central American farms. Complimented by real-time availability on a fully integrate IT system.
We value drive, ethics, and training. We invest in our people because they invest their best in us. At ForemostCo®, you will learn the business from experienced professionals who are top performers in their field. You will begin your training at our Corporate Office in Miami, Florida, drawing on your academic experience as you learn our business.
Church Nursery Child Care
The Nursery Child Care worker performs a wide range of tasks that help provide a safe, secure, nurturing, clean and efficient environment and care for our children. The Nursery Caregiver will help prepare and reset the room, play with children or direct their play, read to them, provide basic infant and toddler care, and exhibit patience and love to parents and children alike. Hours are varied but are evening and weekend needs. Typical shift is 2, 3 or 4 hours.
- Ensure the safety and care of all children
- Engage children through experiences and activities including but not limited to songs, games, crafts and storytelling
- Implement positive discipline and build the children’s esteem through positive guidance by communicating in an effective, age-appropriate manner
- Provide your constructive feedback to the CYF Director that will improve the quality of our program
- Communicate regularly with parents at pickup and drop-off regarding their child(ren) and how they might be of support
- Prepare the classroom each morning and reset after children depart
Prior experience in a childcare facility or organization is preferred
Strong work ethic
Punctual, dependable and trustworthy
Able to carry up to 50 pounds for short distances
Some mobility required for monitoring children, staff, and children
In appearance, Christ Church Grosse Pointe could be one of the serene glories of 15th-century England. In reality, it is one of the most dynamic Episcopal congregations in 21st-century America.
2015 will mark the 85th anniversary year of Christ Church's dedication on June 15, 1930, and its formal opening on December 14, 1930
Christ Church: The Building
Christ Church is one of the last Gothic churches designed by Mayers, Murray and Phillips, of Bertram Grosvenor Goodhue Associates in New York, who also designed Christ Church Cranbrook. Christ Church Grosse Pointe The narthex, with its great curving stairway, was modeled after the Chapter House of Wells Cathedral. The cloister - which was not enclosed until 1957 - was inspired by the cloister of Canterbury Cathedral. And because music already was a priority, the church boasted a fine organ built and installed by Casavant Freres of Quebec.
The architects chose sandstone from quarries in Clearville, Pennsylvania, for the exterior because of its iridescence in sunlight. The interior is of gray limestone from Indiana.
Because the church was one of few built during the Depression, many outstanding artisans were available to beautify it with intricate wood carving and detailed stonework.
Nursery Attendant-Prn- Health Club
Description: The Nursery Worker cares for the children in the Nursery, attending to the child s basic needs and maintains a safe environment for the children. The Nursery Worker provides leadership and supervision for the children in the Nursery.
Qualifications Requires a high school diploma and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Experience: Must demonstrate experience working with children. Must be energetic, patient and love children. Licenses/Certificates:
Current BLS through American Heart Association
Organization:San Angelo Health Club
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!