Anode Rebuilder Job Description Sample
Senior Anode Scientist
Overview A123 Systems, LLC is a leading developer and manufacturer ofbatteries and battery systems for the transportation and commercial markets. The company’s patented Nanophosphate™ technology enables its batteries to deliver previously unattainable levels of power, safety and life. Applicable to a wide range of industries, A123 Systems’ products remove many traditional technology constraints to provide OEMs expanded flexibility in system design. With the largest lithium ion R&D team in North America, world-class expertise and management, and global manufacturing operations, A123 Systems’ Automotive Class Lithium Ion™ batteries are leading the automotive movement towards platform electrification. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Michigan, A123 Systems’ proprietary nanoscale electrode technology is built on initial developments from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. For additional information please visit. Position Overview An opportunity has arisen for an Anode Scientist to join our team that specializes in the development of next generation lithium-ion high energy cell technology. The successful candidate will be laboratory based and will take ownership of anode/anode electrolyte interface development for high energy battery applications with a key focus on high capacity anode efficiency improvement. Primary job responsibilities include generating new ideas and approaches for the development of next generation high energy cells in accordance with A123’s technology roadmap. Attending to these responsibilities will require working closely with electrolyte, cathode, and cell scientists and engineers co-located in A123’s Waltham facility as well as in Hangzhou, China. This position is open to recent graduates holding a postgraduate degree with some industry and/or academic experience. Responsibilities Primary Responsibilities
Anode development areas of focus include:
Post electrode processing treatment development
Exploring technologies to improve cell efficiency at component level
Optimization of formation procedures
Develop and implement synthesis and process strategies for the above areas of focus as well as the needed material characterizations.
DOE development and use of statistical tools to evaluate effect of post electrode processing treatment processes, surface coatings, and optimized formation procedures on component and cell performance.
Critically thinks about and provide solutions to current shortcomings associated with advanced high capacity anode materials.
Manage lithium-ion cell fabrication, testing, analysis, and data organization associated with the advanced anode development.
Analyze cell performance data and present summaries to all technical departments in order to troubleshoot and improve high energy lithium-ion cell components as well as update R&D management team on developments during weekly meetings.
Ensure needed updates to anode development and testing standard operating procedures (SOPs) are regularly incorporated by and disseminated to the appropriate personnel.
Interact with laboratory technicians, scientists, and engineers to ensure engineering statement of work (ESOW) tasks are completed within the agreed upon timeframe.
Collaborate with strategic partners to develop advanced Li-ion technologies for high energy applications.
Systematically review prior art and peer-reviewed publications for relevant information.
Drives for Results
- The passion to set and meet high standards of performance.
- Drives Accountability
- The ability to establish clear, measurable goals and deliver on commitments. Qualifications Specific Skills/Abilities
A fundamental understanding of advanced high capacity lithium-ion anodes such as alloying materials ranging from their synthesis to incorporation into negative electrodes. Direct experience on techniques to stabilize those anodes and reduce irreversible capacity loss.
- The ability to break down problems, gain understanding, and make effective decisions.
Demonstrates an aptitude for independent and creative thinking as well as complex problem solving using innovative approaches.
Fluent in electrochemical techniques such as cyclic voltammetry, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, and common potentiostatic and galvanostatic methods.
Proficient with Maccor, Gamry, Arbin, and Princeton Applied Research platforms.
Knowledge of lithium-ion battery assembly, characterization and failure analysis.
Proficiency in data analysis and experimental design utilizing Minitab and/or Excel VBA code preferred.
Advanced written communication skills applied directly to the preparation of technical papers, patent specifications, presentations, applications notes, ESOW, SOP, and other such documents.
Excellent oral communications skills with the ability to speak with clarity and interface effectively with co-workers.
Effective time management in a semi-autonomous environment with the ability to work independently and as part of team. Education/Experience
PHD. in materials science, electrochemistry, chemical engineering, or related field.
Minimum 5 years industry experience with lithium-ion battery development at the component and cell level for more experienced candidates.
Knowledge of unit operation, process development and scale up is a plus.
Hands-on experience on prelithiation is a huge plus.
Fluent in English The position will be based in Waltham, MA. A123 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer ID2017-1422 # of Openings1 CategoryResearch and Development
CSC ServiceWorks values and retains its associates by offering industry leading benefits including:
Competitive pay, medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) with generous company match.
Primary responsibility includes basic maintenance to complete tear-down and rebuild in anticipation of installation and delivery of Company-owned, rented and/or leased laundry and/or air equipment. This is an entry level role.
- Complete a thorough tear-down and rebuild as assigned.Refurbishes equipment only
- Ensure a clean, problem free and completely functioning environment
- Perform general carpentry, plumbing and mechanical repairs
- Resolve maintenance issues, complete preventative maintenance and maintain clean environment
- Maintain the parts/stock room in a clean, organized manner
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a busy warehouse and delivery environment
- Ability to safely operate a forklift
- Very strong technical aptitude; experience and/or training in mechanical repair is a plus
- Experience with liquid propane and natural gas is preferred
- Candidates considered for Rebuilder jobs must also pass pre-employment screening including drug test, and motor vehicle record check.
Automotive Parts Rebuilder
Do you have a passion for the Automotive Industry and enjoy working with your hands rebuilding starters, alternators, etc.? This may be the perfect job for you! We are looking for a;
- Technician to rebuild heavy duty alternators and starters for industrial, agricultural, and transit equipment.
Skills Required -
- Experienced quality rebuilder
- Excellent work ethics
- Good teamwork player
- Knowledge of alternator and starter products for heavy duty applications
Machine Mechanic & Rebuilder
MACHINE MECHANIC & REBUILDER
LOGIN + 20-Nov-2017 to 19-Jan-2018 (EST)
Mundelein, IL, USA
Full Time Competitive Benefits Package Email Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 4,000 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets. MACHINE MECHANIC & REBUILDER -The Maintenance Mechanic performs maintenance duties as required with minimum supervision. This role reports to the department supervisor. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintains and repairs cold forming equipment
Rebuilds cold forming equipment
Verifies proper tolerances and fit prior to final assembly
Fabricates, welds, and machines parts or structures to complete repairs
Troubleshoots and repairs electrical problems
Completes comprehensive reports and records of maintenance repairs
Provides personal hand tool and gauges in a rolling cabinet
Proficiently works with grinders, sanders, metal cutting saws, lathes and drills
Proficient in electric arc welding and oxy-acetylene welding, brazing, soldering and torch cutting
Comply with current governmental and safety regulations REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
Strong mechanical aptitude
Ability to dismantle machines to gain access to and remove defective parts using:
Hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools
Ability to inspect parts to determine changes in dimensions using:
Rulers, calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments
Four years of experience as a mechanic or qualified through an apprenticeship/training program
Comprehends complex math
Has basic electrical experience
Receptive to on-going training
Ability to read blueprints
Forklift certification EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Universal Pressure Pumping, Inc. provides pressure pumping and well services to oil and gas exploration and production companies in Texas.
Brief Posting Description
The Iron Rebuilder is responsible for maintaining and rebuilding iron pipe and fittings by using power tools to grind and rethread pipe, as well as inspecting and measuring pipe thickness to ensure that safety standards are met. The use of a forklift and company vehicle are common when transporting materials to and from the shop to stock bins and well sites. This is a labor intensive job and requires working in sometimes extreme conditions.
This position will work under the direction of an Iron Inspection Supervisor.
- Rebuild swivel joints and valves, checking for defective or worn-out parts
- Check the iron parts to determine the level of repair required
- Perform routine maintenance work, including grinding the hammer burrs off the iron
- Perform visual inspections
- Use an overhead hoist to move heavy parts
- Test wall thickness with sonar testing equipment
- Apply hydro-static pressure to test the rebuilt iron parts, to ensure parts are working within safe operating standards
- Perform routine troubleshooting and repair, including replacement, rebuilding, and inspection of high-pressure components
- Operate a forklift as needed
- May be assigned to deliver and/or retrieve iron left at well site locations
- Maintain an orderly, clean and safe iron room work area
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- This position requires the ability to work well in a team environment and independently when necessary.
- This position requires the ability to understand and follow instructions.
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Mechanical skills
- Maintain a valid driver’s license, a satisfactory driving record for the past 3 years, with no DWI convictions within the past 5 years, and no current DWI charges
- Able to work in extreme climate and work conditions
- Able to pass pre-employment drug screen, physical, and required Work Steps Evaluation
- Willing and available to travel to other work locations as needed
- Prior related work experience
- Forklift experience.
Employee must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others, including coworkers and third parties, including wearing any required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all designated times. This position requires the employee to work outdoors for long periods of time in all types of weather conditions typical of the area where the job is located, including dust, humidity, sleet, snow, rain, mud, cold, heat, wind, and other inclement weather. Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying outdoor conditions, including environmental chemicals, gases, noise, dampness, fumes, radiation and heights. Employee must be able to work closely with others in the confined area of the job, in a fast-paced team environment, and work independently when required or directed, taking initiative when necessary. Employee must be willing to work a possible 24-hour shift that can include days or nights, as well as weekends and holidays, and must stay alert and focused during the shift while performing repetitive and routine activities.
Automatic/Manual Transmission Rebuilder Technician
· Rebuild Automatic/ manual transmissions
· Diagnostics and troubleshoot all systems/Repair and service of various types of equipment
· Ability to work independently
· Perform technical repairs and service on Machinery Equipment.
· Perform necessary troubleshooting and notify Service Manager of outstanding issues.
· Consistently follows all Foley safety policies and procedures to include all Personal Protective Equipment and safety shoes/safety glasses being worn at all times.
· Minimum 5 years experience with Cat/Non Cat construction equipment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong Computer skills preferred, knowledge of SisWeb, Parts Integrator, ET and AS400 is a plus.
· Assist parts department in researching and ordering needed parts.
Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we do not acknowledge receipt of resumes and we are unable to give status updates. If you are selected for an interview, a member of our recruiting staff will contact you. In the event that you are not contacted within a 3 to 4 week period, it is likely that we are pursuing other candidates. We encourage you to return to this website on a regular basis in the event that another position is of interest to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Foley, Incorporated does not discriminate against any person applying for employment based on race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, marital status, status as a covered Veteran, or any other legally protected status.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60.300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60.741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and protected veteran status, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Driveshaft Rebuilder Trainee
Learn how to rebuild automotive drive shafts...will train.....mechanical aptitude a plus
Automotive Technician- Transmission Rebuilder
Tear down and rebuild domestic and import automotive and light truck transmissions. Need to be able to diagnose and order required parts needed.Must have required tools.
Job Purpose: Estimates automotive body repairs by ascertaining body damage; developing estimates; preparing work orders; contacting insurance company; maintaining customer rapport. Duties: Ascertains automotive body damage by conducting inspections and examinations.
Develops estimates by costing parts, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles. Obtains insurance estimates by contacting insurance companies; reviewing damage estimates with insurance adjuster; resolving repair and replacement requirements. Prepares work orders (WO) by describing repair and
Repairs, cleans and updates auto-chlor dish washing machines and dispensing units.
Completes a thorough tear down and rebuild of each piece of equipment assigned.
Completed rebuilds are clean, problem free and completely functioning when installed.
Assists in areas of production, installation, route and sales support as deemed necessary by the branch manager.
Maintains accurate records of machine serial numbers as machines are worked.
Info submitted to branch manager weekly.
Use repair parts prudently, making distinctions between discard and reusable parts.
Uses all appropriate and required safety equipment and procedures.
Maintains a clean neat and safe work area.
Shift M-F 8am-5pm
This Reman Rebuilder position for Powertrain will be responsible for rebuilding all makesof transmission and differential units and transfer cases.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understandoperating principals of transmissions, differentials and transfer cases.
- Disassembleunit components; wash parts; inspect parts; prep parts, and discard all damagedparts.
- Preparelist of required replacement parts on work orders.
- Paintand clean parts.
- Reassembleand assign serial number to unit.
- Cleanand safe work area and submit work order for invoicing.
- Performother tasks as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimumof one to two years of related work experience is preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Candidates mustpossess the following:
- Good verbal and written communicationskills.
- Technical understanding oftransmissions, differentials, transfer cases operation.
- Ability to lift in excess of 50 pounds.
- Have tooling and/or the willingness topurchase tooling required for the job as you advance in your skill level andresponsibilities.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!