Antenna Installer Satellite Communications Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Antenna Installer Satellite Communications
25S Satellite Communication Systems Operator-Maintainer
25S Satellite Communication Systems Operator-Maintainer
Job ID: 886232
Job Views: 162
Location: INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana, United States
ZIP Code: 46241
Job Category: Signal and Military Intelligence
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
Job DescriptionThe ability to communicate is a vital part of the Army's ability to run successful missions, and it's the Satellite Communication Systems Operator-Maintainers who make sure that the lines of communication are always open. They install, operate, maintain, and repair strategic and tactical multi-channel satellite communications.
Some duties of a Satellite Communication Systems Operator-Maintainer include transmitting, receiving, and logging messages according to military procedures; encoding and decoding classified messages; operating telephone switchboards; installing, maintaining, and operating communications equipment; and monitoring and responding to emergency calls.
And as your skills increase, so will your responsibilities. Advanced Satellite Communication Systems Operator-Maintainers provide guidance on technical issues to other Soldiers; identify and report electronic jamming and deception; and apply appropriate electronic countermeasures. The skills you learn as a Satellite Communication Systems Operator-Maintainer will allow you to work as a communications equipment operator in airports, telephone companies, and police and fire stations.
Earn while you learn
Get paid to learn! Join the Guard and you will learn valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Satellite Communication Systems Operator-Maintainer requires 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you learn basic Soldiering skills. Advanced Individual Training (AIT) consists of 39 weeks of training. Part of this time is spent in a classroom and part in the field under simulated combat conditions.
Requires military enlistment. Applicants must meet minimum qualifications. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability. Benefits subject to change.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Healthcare Benefits Available
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $196.26 and $254.91 per drill weekend.
Programs and benefits are subject to change.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
and stations must BACH_a33d1a fire you Join And Advanced and
Post a Job
Install Service Technician Satellite Internet Industry
Tried of being a sub-contractor? Tried of long hours? Tried of no week-ends off? We are growing and need an additional technician.
Great position with a great company!
Brion Enterprises, Inc. is a 45 year old Dallas based commercial audio and video company installing commercial DIRECTV, internet and commercial sound systems. We are located near Mockingbird and I-35. We are seeking an experienced audio/video technician to add to our commercial installation and service team.Most commercial installs are done Monday through Friday during normal business hours with week-ends off! If you have ever installed commercial DIRECTV, Hughes Systems, internet and sound/audio systems please send us your resume.
We install video, sound systems and music service into hospitals, convention centers, hotels, office buildings, restaurants, sports bars, national franchise locations, multi-tenant dwellings, government locations and private office buildings.
We are also among the largest business to business DIRECTV dealers in the north and central Texas area. We are NOT a residential DIRECTV service provider – commercial only!
PRIMARY SERVICE AREA:
Dallas, Ft. Worth, North Texas
Company Van Hourly wage, plus install bonus – Great Compensation! Health and Dental Insurance
If you are seeking an immediate position with an established, stable organization and you have the following experience and skills please submit your resume:
- Must be familiar and have experience with installation of 70 volt commercial sound systems and video systems
- Experience with DIRECTV installations
- Experience with Hughes Gen4
- Experience with internet installs
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience preferred
- Knowledge of general business software programs
- Good typing skills
- Dedicated to providing quality customer service
- Self-managed and a self-starter
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Can pass drug and background check
Satellite Installation Technician - Miami
What do Satellite Installation Technicians do?
We're MasTec Advanced Technologies and we're looking for Satellite Installation Technicians to install, service and upgrade DIRECTV satellite systems. This is a great opportunity to put your experience in computers, electrical, maintenance, cable, military and customer service to work for a great company.
As a Satellite Installation Technician, sometimes you're the 'make it happen' tech who gets families and businesses up and running with all the TV they love - up to 285+ channels. Some days you're the 'save the day' tech, fixing the system if things go wrong and bringing the TV back (this is especially critical on game days or season finales). And on other days, you're the 'rainmaker' tech, upgrading customers' systems to maximize their DIRECTV experience. Seriously, you're pretty much a hero.
Essential Responsibilities (a.k.a. A day in the life of a MasTec Satellite Installation Technicians):
You'll coordinate schedules with customers, review their order and begin the installation. Once the system is installed, you'll give customers a tour of their DIRECTV system to make the most of their new or upgraded service.
Installing the DIRECTV technology.
You'll conduct site surveys to determine the best positioning of the equipment for strongest signal reception and formulate the wiring plan. You'll place the mounts, dishes and receivers to ensure satellite connectivity.
If things go wrong, you'll diagnose the issues, make repairs and replace or upgrade components - and get the TV back for customers.
What's in it for you? Aside from a great place to work and rewarding feeling that you've made someone's day, our company does provide our teams with excellent benefits! We offer:
Five weeks of training: 2 weeks classroom training and 3 weeks field training
Free DIRECTV for your own home
High-quality tools to get you started
Company-paid Galaxy Note 4 smart phone for business
DIRECTV uniform, van and gas card
Full medical, dental and vision benefits
401(k) with a company match that's 100% vested (that's free money)
Paid time off
Highly independent work environment and uncapped income potential
80% of our Managers started as Techs - and there is a clear promotion path to Field Technician Supervisor and Site Manager.
Satellite Installation Technicians Qualifications:
Yes, there are some requirements. You must:
Be able to lift 80 pounds and climb 40-foot ladders
Be able to meet the 300 lb weight restrictions of our ladders (including approximately 25 lbs in a tool belt) to comply with OSHA and our Company safety standards
Have a valid driver's license
Pass a pre-employment drug test, criminal background check and MVR (driving record) check
Be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends or evenings
Have basic computer skills
A high school diploma or equivalent; college or technical school a plus
EAGER TO START YOUR NEW CAREER WITH MASTEC? Text the word Mastec to to get the interview process started!
About MasTec Advanced Technologies
MasTec Advanced Technologies is one of the largest DIRECTV installation and service companies in the United States, serving over 200,000 customers each month in single-family homes or local businesses. We currently operate in over 36 markets and 52 local offices nationwide to deliver the ultimate television viewing customer experience. Representing the face and/or brand of DIRECTV, our satellite technicians receive the highest level of support from senior level technicians and their management team.
MasTec Advanced Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Post a Job
Satellite Communications Program Manager (TS With SCI Elig) Langley
Satellite Communications Program Manager
Location: Langley AFB-VA
Seeking a full-time Satellite Communications Program Manager at Langley AFB. This position will support Air Combat Command on a new 5-year contract
- Provide services to include program management, planning, engineering, technical, and risk reduction support
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, management or other related technical or scientific discipline
- Five (5) years’ experience with C2 system program management (e.g., requirements initiation, test and evaluation, system fielding, operations, logistics and maintenance) processes and procedures; multi- TDL Architecture and multi-TDL Network(s)
- Five (5) years’ in a position requiring analysis and evaluation of operational capabilities and limitations for technical solutions for TDL systems
- Five (5) years’ work experience analyzing, developing and evaluating directives, policies and procedures associated with the modernization and sustainment of TDL Systems, TDL Networks, and TDL Gateways programs and systems
- Three (3) years’ experience using and complying with the laws, principles, policies, and practices of DoD systems acquisition and program management
- Three (3) years’ experience reviewing and drafting JCIDS requirements documents
- Three (3) years’ higher headquarters (HHQ) (e.g., MAJCOM, NAF, HAF or equivalent) staff experience
- Five (5) years satellite communications systems (Examples; MUOS, IW, Advanced Extremely High Frequency (AEHF), Global Broadcast Service (GBS) experience
- Top Secret Clearance, SCI eligible
All positions are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history, identity check and, drug and alcohol testing.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Post a Job
APPLY AT tech.viasatinc.net
If you re looking for a career, Via Satellite is the place for you. If you ve got a background in construction, electrical work, HVAC, general maintenance, or working outdoors or with your hands, your skills will transfer as a Satellite Technician. Via provides on the job, paid training for all newly hired employees. Our success is driven by our people and the customer experiences they deliver each and every day. We equip our team with the resources they need to achieve personal and professional success.
Via Satellite is your trusted authorized Regional Service Provider for DISH Network, delivering first class customer service throughout Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.
- Benefits package: medical, dental, prescription drug.
- Matching 401K. So you can plan for what s important - your future.
- Recession-resistant industry.
- Paid training.
- Paid sales referrals.
- Paid employee referrals. Get paid to work with your friends.
- Paid vacation.
- Company vehicle, fuel, tools, and equipment provided upon completion of field training.
- Continuous career education.
- Leadership development & promotion opportunities.
- Unlimited earning potential Sky s the limit!
- Working for a financially stable & growing company.
Essential Duties &
- Establish satellite TV systems by installing equipment, running and pulling cable, and programming and calibrating equipment. We do it right the first time.
- Maintain and improve service and rapport with customers. Exceed their expectations.
- Sell DISH products and services. And make money doing it!
- Maintain a safe work environment. Safety is our number one priority.
- Maintain and manage company vehicle, inventory, and equipment.
- Educate customers on the features and benefits of their installed system.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver License.
- High School Diploma or GED.
13688: RF / Satellite Communications Analyst
13688: RF / Satellite Communications Analyst
Location: Florida, Shalimar Clearance: Secret
Description: The RF/Satellite Communications Analyst provide support to: + Spectrum Management Program: Coordinate and communicate RF spectrum requirements and assignments at each OL in accordance with applicable DoD, AF, USSOCOM, and local governing publications.
Provide a communications spectrum plan in traditional AF and Special Operations communications matrix formats, published and distributed monthly or upon change, whichever is sooner + Ku Band Spread Spectrum (KuSS) communications system:
Provide Tier 2 Support via Mission Systems Support Center (MSSC) helpdesk and KuSS Subject Matter Experts (SME).
Maintain Specialized Automated Mission Suite (SAMS) software build and provide image as necessary for the carry-on/carry-off mission systems laptops used on the mission aircraft by the operator.
Manage and maintain the FMV backup servers and provide publication of FMV to AFSOC SIPR.
Maintain red and black router configurations for KuSS system connectivity back to Hurlburt network infrastructure and make appropriate notifications when changes have been made.
Notify actively connected or scheduled to be connected users of any KuSS outages (both scheduled and unscheduled) that are the result of equipment on Hurlburt Field gateway or airtime problems identified by ViaSat.
Manage the ViaSat Global Network (Yonder) service access requests and allocation based on priority list.
Conduct in-flight testing and troubleshooting of systems + Perform ancillary duties as required
Experience as a Frequency or RF/SAtellite spectrum manager for a SOF organization
Experience organizing/managing Tacticl LAN systems
Experience organizing/managing a Ku Band Spread Spectrum (KuSS) communications system to provide secure, Internet Protocol (IP) based on the move access between airborne terminals and command posts via SATCOM communication links + Required education: 4-Year Degree; or substitute additional experience in lieu of degree + Network \
Current SECRET security clearance; Ability to receive a TS/SCI clearance. For more than 37 years, MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) has been solving some of the Nation’s most complex National Security challenges. Defense, Intelligence Community, Special Operations Forces, Homeland Security and Federal agencies rely on our advanced engineering services, cyber security, and product solutions to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world. Join MacB where you will work with a team of highly experienced professionals in the areas of Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Research Development Test and Evaluation, Information Operations, fabrication, IT solutions, Logistics and Acquisition Management. MacB has won multiple workplace awards, offers generous salaries and benefits, and has outstanding growth opportunities. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, gender, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
Communication Technician 1, Installation & Service
Business Unit: Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for demonstrating a sufficient aptitude for acquiring the
skills and knowledge involved in the competent performance of the tasks
relating to broadband installation and troubleshooting activities.
Provides written and field assessments, meeting/exceeding Comcast
Employee Standards, and supervisor approval will be used to determine
advancement to the next level. Functions in an entry-level, trainee
position with an increasing degree of proficiency and decreasing degree
of supervision with regard to those skills and tasks for which training
and instruction are received during tenure in this position. This
position is typically the start of the employee's telecommunications
career. Continued employment is contingent upon achieving required
training, certifications, and safety requirements.
- Performs reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects, and changes of
service, while adhering to: Comcast procedures and safe work practices,
NEC and NESC requirements, and local ordinances in order to provide (or
remove) services to the customer. Pre-wires single dwelling units and
multiple dwelling units (MDUs) in order to provide ready hook-up
capabilities at the time of moving in.
- Completes associated paperwork with each work order in a timely manner
in order to ensure all details of the work are recorded for entry in the
customer's account once the work is checked in.
- Performs service calls. Reviews all requested services with the
customer in order to ensure understanding and agreement. Troubleshoots
the drop from the tap to the customer's equipment. Installs and removes
converters in order to provide customer with upgrades or downgrades in
service and determines acceptability of service by reviewing picture
quality following connection of cable service in order to provide the
best possible service for the customer.
- Provides the customer with materials regarding channel line up, use of
converter, and company policies as they relate to the customer as well
as demonstrates these skills in order to educate the customer on the use
of the equipment and company guidelines.
- Cleans, maintains, and stocks vehicle and equipment in order to be
prepared to perform required duties. Inspects existing ground or makes
new ground according to the National Electrical Code (NEC) in order to
protect employees, customers, and equipment from electrical shock or
- Properly operates and maintains installation tools and equipment.
Reports need for vehicle repair or service when required and/or
prescribed. Reports any accidents, losses, injuries, or property damage
to Supervisor and customer when appropriate.
- Applies knowledge and skills of training on the job in order to
prepare for transition to the next level and performs other duties as
requested by Supervisor in order to achieve departmental goals and
- Ability to use basic cable installation tools and hand tools and
perform jobs from high places (on poles and roofs,) including climbing
poles with proper equipment (safety belt, strap, climbers,) ladders, and
bucket trucks (18 to 20 feet,) as determined by the system's
requirements. Reads general system layouts from blueprints, basic
knowledge of mathematics, cable television products and services.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC,) the National
Electrical Safety Code (NESC,) the Occupational Safety and Health Act
(OSHA), various state and local codes including G.O. 95 and G.O. 128,
(when applicable,) and the policies and procedures for CATV installation
- Communicates with customers in a clear and straight forward manner.
Proven ability to work independently and to prioritize and organize
- Manipulates connectors, fasteners, wire and use hand tools, works in
areas with exposure to moderate noise levels.
- Lifts and carries loads of 70 lbs or more, works in confined spaces
such as crawl spaces or attics, works while standing 50 -70% of the time
and performs work near power lines and electricity.
- Works within manufacturer's rated weight capacity for all equipment,
including but not limited to ladders and aerial lifts.
- Drives company vehicle in performance of duties in a safe and
responsible manner while working and traveling in inclement weather.
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust
focus and able to manipulate objects such as pens, keyboard and mouse.
- Normal work shift may include weekends; may include 10 hour days for 4
days a week and available to work overtime including weekends, evenings
- Exposure to moderate noise level, dogs or other animals, construction
areas, or the public in general, may be a concern.
- Able to apply common sense, theory, and experience to decision-making;
able to recognize similarities between past and present situation; able
to identify key issues or use inductive reasoning in complex situations
and to communicate courteously and pro-actively; able to learn
customers' short term and long term needs; see issues from customers'
position, and recommend products or service; able to promote customer
focus in employees and develop partnerships with customers.
- Able to persist and finish projects despite obstacles, or redirect
when necessary; able to follow instructions or take action and address
opportunities with little supervision; able to take extra steps to
prevent mistakes or create opportunities.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Able to use active listening skills or attend to non-verbal cues to
better understand others' perspectives, behaviors or motivations; able
to empathize with others' needs and respond sensitively; able to use
good judgment when responding and respond to objections successfully.
- Completion of 45 days (maximum) of service employees must complete the
certification as required. The employee must have successfully completed
the following training programs, Safety Program, Company-specific
training on policies and procedures, Installer Training, Customer
Contact, Product Knowledge and Sales. After the initial 45 days, an
employee may be advanced to the next level provided that there has been
satisfactory development of the necessary skills and ability to perform
the above tasks as determined by the certification assessments including
passing the written assessment, skills assessment and meet Comcast
Employee Standards, and supervisor's approval.
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Associated topics: field installation, field service, field service technician, field technician, install, installation, installation technician, mount, technician
Antenna Design Engineer
Charlotte Region- Satellite Technician Cable Installer (Highest Pay Gr
Custom Communications, Inc. provides in Home Service Technician Careers to contract technicians... no experience is required. If you're willing to work - we are willing to pay. How much you make is affected by key performance indicators set by major providers. Top performers break 6 figures.
- $1000-$2500 Sign on Bonus
- Highest walk-on pay grades
- Provide your own work vehicle - preferably a white van or truck
- Pass a background check
- Be an insured contractor
- no open court dates or pending charges
- no major misdemeanors, or felonies within 7 yrs
- 2 or less moving violations in 3yrs
- drug screen
- Satellite Video Installation
- Satellite Internet Installation
- TV / Audio Installation
- In home sales of related products and services
- 4G LTE Home Internet Installation
- Cracked Cell Phone Repair
- 40 ft. ladders to step ladders
- Rooftops in summer
- Attics in summer
- Crawl spaces in winter
- Digging, Shoveling, Carrying, Climbing, Drilling, Kneeling, Crawling, Pulling...
- Average 2-4 work orders per day
- 5-6 days per week
- Regular weekends
- Share holidays
- All weather work
- Excel in customer satisfaction and in home sales
- Weekly direct deposits begin 2 weeks after you begin invoicing work
- Sign on incentives are awarded after 25 invoices
- $40 service call
- $61 for plugging in a sound bar
- $97 single receiver video install
- $97 broadband install
- $100 for hanging a TV
- $179 broadband & single video receiver install
- Find correct insurance coverage
- Pair with senior contractor
- Background clearances
- List with major providers for work
- Choose appropriate tools
- Choose appropriate materials
- Finance tools
- Invoice review & coach
- Get Steady Work
- Cable contractor
- Satellite contractor
- Time Warner technician
- Direct TV technician
- MasTec contractor
- Hughes Net internet
- Viasat Internet
- Comcast technician
- Cox Communications technician
- Barefoot Communications Contractor
- Noble Communications Contractor
- Security System Installation Technician
- Pest Control / Exterminator
- HVAC technician
- Electrical contractor
- Invisible fence installer
- USIC / Dig Safe / Locates technician
- General Construction Contractor
Associated topics: field installation, field service, field service technician, field technician, install, installation, installation technician, mount, technician Post a Job
Antenna Test Range Project Manager
This is very interesting engineering position for a hands on individual within the antenna test and measurement industry. There is travel associated with this job during customer visits for support and installations of our anechoic chambers, SAR equipment, and OTA test and measurement devices. We would like you to have some experience in the test & measurement (anechoic chambers), Telecommunications, RF technologies, Antenna verification industries. This would be similar to an applications engineering role, but with a stronger emphasis on overseeing programs, and supporting our customers throughout the entire new build and installation process. There is tremendous room for growth.
Ensure the cross-functional coordination of technical and commercial activity
Share experience and application knowledge with co-workers to maximize the efficiency in solving issues.
Work on specification and tenders, proposals and / commercial documentation, and demonstrate products' capabilities to potential and existing customers
Proactively contact customers and arrange visits to assess their specific needs, and ensure the program stays on task, on budget, and delivery takes place in a timely manner.
Identify customer needs and maximize the application of our solutions. Gather customer’s requirements and general feedback, and report to management.
Ability to relate to customers and customer needs at a high technical level, set realistic customer expectations, translate those customer needs to our internal development team, and follow through to ensure a suitable solution is implemented that meets the customer needs.
Take ownership of technical issues, financials, customers needs, and work with our Application team experts to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
Must possess excellent computer skills, including knowledge of MS office and other common computer SW products (C# programming and MatLab experience are a plus).
Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly adjust tasks and travel priorities, according to customer needs
Capability and self-motivation to rapidly assimilate information, expand knowledge base, and develop core competencies Applicant should be self-driven, seeking to assume responsibility and follow-through tasks to completion
Good interpersonal skills and customer-centric attitude
Ability to multitask and manage more than one project at the time
Capability to work within multi-disciplinary teams, and forge strong relationships in the process
Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or similar field
- 3-8 years’ experience in RF, Antenna, Metrology or Telecommunication industry preferred - (This is NOT an entry level position)
- Some experience with network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and wireless communication protocols and test instruments is
- Travel within the USA. Some limited international travel.
- This position is a growth oriented opportunity, and will give the candidate an opportunity to grow their knowledge within -
Telecommunications, RF technologies, Antenna design, verification, and test & measurement (anechoic chambers)
industries, as well as the certification procedures.
- US Citizens or Green Card candidates only.
- You must reside in the USA, and be fully authorized to work in the US. At this time we will not consider sponsoring Visa applications