Antichecking Iron Worker Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Antichecking Iron Worker
Glendale Iron is a Structural & Ornamental Iron fabricator and installer with over 50 years servicing Los Angeles.
IRON WORKING (welding, fabrication, forging), AT LEAST 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED. You must have the ability to read shop drawings and blue prints. Must be able to take on projects and delegate work to assistants. Must be willing to drive a truck (manual). Pay depends on experience, qualifications, and is subject to a 60 day probationary period. This is a very physically demanding profession. NO experience in fabrication (building decorative wrought iron gates, fence, rail) need NOT apply.
INSTALLER: (LA CITY WELDING CERTIFICATION A MUST)
IRON WORKING (welding, fabrication, & installation), AT LEAST 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE INSTALLING STRUCTURAL STEEL IS REQUIRED. You must have the ability to read shop drawings and blue prints. Must be able to take on projects and delegate work to assistants. Must be willing to drive a truck (manual). Pay depends on experience, qualifications, and is subject to a 60 day probationary period. This is a very physically demanding profession. If you have NO experience in installing structural and architectural steel, need not inquire.
-MUST have leadership skills
-MUST have a valid CA drivers license and clean driving record.
-MUST be authorized to work in the U.S.
-Subject to Background check and drug test upon hire
-Bilingual (Eng/Spa) a plus
Responsible for laying out, fabricating and erecting structural steel. Welds and cuts steel, interprets blueprints.
Build and install iron or steel girders, columns, and other construction materials to form buildings, bridges, and other structures.
Cut, position, and bolt down steel bars to reinforce concrete.
Make, weld, and cut structural metal in fabricating shops.
Erect steel frames.
Direct operation of cranes to move structural steel, reinforcing bars, and other materials onto and around the construction site.
Connect steel columns, beams, and girders.
Drill holes into steel for bolts.
Number steel according to assembly instructions.
Unload and stack steel.
Attach cables to steel and then to the crane.
Hoist steel into place in the framework.
Position steel with connecting bars and spud wrenches.
Work with driftpins to align the holes in the steel with the framework holes.
Use plumb bobs, levels, and laser equipment to check alignment.
Bolt or weld piece into pla
Install stairs, handrails, or curtain walls.
Make sure all pieces are fitted properly and complete repairs as necessary.
Navy Reserves Steelworker / Iron Worker
The Navy Reserves is looking for prior service (veteran) Hull Technicians, Steel Workers, Welders and civilian Journeyman and Apprentices for part-time positions with full-time benefits in the San Diego, California area.
Need to fill 60+ positions immediately!!
Candidates must meet the following basic eligibility requirements:
*Be 39 and younger
*Meet the minimum ASVAB score (taking during interviewing process if not previously done)
*Be in good physical health and fitness (a full physical will be completed)
*Have no VA Disability claims
*Be a practicing steel worker or prior service veteran
Purpose and Mission
Steelworkers rig and operate special equipment used to build metal structures. They lay out and fabricate structural steel and sheet metal and work with concrete-reinforcing steel bars. They perform welding and cutting operations, read blueprints and use special tools. This is a 5 year enlistment program. erecting steel bridges, tanks, buildings, towers and pre-engineered structures; fabricating, erecting, installing, fitting, welding and bolting structural steel shapes, plates and the built-up sections used in heavy construction; laying out, fabricating and installing sheet metal assemblies and systems; performing welding and metal cutting operations; installing and reinforcing steel in concrete structures. Reading and interpreting blueprints and preparing sketches for projects; making estimates of materials, labor, and equipment requirements. Working Environment SWs may work in a variety of conditions, independently or as members of a large team. Their many different duties may be performed in climates ranging from tropical to arctic.
Opportunities to enter the SW rating are excellent for qualified applicants. About 850 men and women work as Steelworkers in the Navy. Qualifications and Interests Steelworkers must be able to work with tools, equipment and machines that require manual dexterity and close teamwork. It is important they be resourceful, capable of doing detailed work and repetitive tasks and knowledge of algebra. Other helpful characteristics are curiosity and a good memory, writing and speaking skills, record keeping ability, good physical condition and stamina. Normal hearing is required
*Money for college or technical training
*1000's of military discounts
*Opportunities to work and travel around the world
Ironworkers (Richmond, VA)
In search of 4 Iron workers for work in the Richmond, VA area.
* Assemble hoisting equipment and rigging, such as cables, pulleys, and hooks, to move heavy equipment and materials.
* Bolt aligned structural-steel members in position for permanent riveting, bolting, or welding into place.
* Connect columns, beams, and girders with bolts, following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
* Drive drift pins through rivet holes in order to align rivet holes in structural-steel members with corresponding holes in previously placed members.
* Erect metal and precast concrete components for structures such as buildings, bridges, dams, towers, storage tanks, fences, and highway guard rails.
* Fasten structural-steel members to hoist cables, using chains, cables, or rope
Please email up to date Resume!!
For Travelers... No Per Diem offered at this time.
Iron worker with experience in Pre Engineered Metal Building erection, metal siding installation, standing seam metal roofing.
Construction / Iron Worker
Florida Concrete Products, LLC is looking for Construction Workers with experience in concrete, carpenters iron workers, and other specialties, but we can also take on individuals with no prior experience. We offer safe, educational training on the job as well as opportunities for advancement. You must have physical strength, endurance and work well with your hands. Being good in collaboration and following instructions and safety rules, are also important. Duties include:
- Perform all duties assigned by the Plant Manager or Foreman
- Carry materials and supplies from trucks to job site so they are ready for installation or other tasks
- Test equipment and machinery to ensure it is in good working order
- Clean up job site at end of day and ensure all equipment is properly secure
- Learn carpentry, electrical work, and other specialized skills as required by the plant manager
- Follow instructions to ensure safety of entire team
- Measure and cut lumber to desired specifications
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Able to pass drug and background screening
Florida Concrete Products, LLC está buscando trabajadores de la construcción con experiencia en hormigón, carpinteros trabajadores de hierro, y otras especialidades, pero también podemos emplear personas sin experiencia previa. Ofrecemos entrenamiento seguro y educativo en el trabajo así como oportunidades de ascenso. El trabajo incluye:
- Debes tener fuerza física, resistencia y trabajar bien con tus manos.
- Colaborar y seguir las instrucciones y las reglas de seguridad, también son importantes.
- Realizar todas las tareas asignadas por el Gerente de Planta o Capataz
- Llevar los materiales y suministros de los camiones al lugar de trabajo para que estén listos para la instalación u otras tareas
- Probar herramientas, equipos y maquinaria para asegurarse de que está en buen estado de funcionamiento
- Limpiar el sitio de trabajo al final del día y asegurarse de que todo el equipo esté debidamente seguro
- Aprender carpintería, el trabajo eléctrico, y otras habilidades especializadas según lo requerido por el encargado de la planta
- Seguir las instrucciones para garantizar la seguridad de todo el equipo
- Medir y cortar madera a las especificaciones deseadas
- Capacidad para trabajar en todas las condiciones climáticas
- Capaz de pasar examen de drogas y antecedentes criminales
Iron Worker / Welder
Structural Steel Construction. Welding qualifications helpful.
This person should have experience with standard methods of steel construction and will be expected to perform any aspect of structural steel construction. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, be able to climb ladders, possess normal balance capabilities consistent with working at high elevations from the ground, be able to hear the various signals given by the crane operator and/or warnings from fellow workers and whose eyesight is sufficient to allow the worker to easily walk upon uneven surfaces and judge distances.
Millwrights, Iron Workers And Riggers Needed Asap!
We are looking for Millwrights, Iron Workers and Helpers for a project in Ridgeville, SC at a new automotive facility. Millwrights and Riggers should have verifiable experience installing equipment and machinery. Millwrights and Riggers will be paid based on experience. Pay will range from $22- $24 per hour. If you are a Millwright and/or Rigger then please apply with a resume or your contact information. You can also call 864-704-3716 to apply.
NCCER not required but is a plus!
CNC operators do not qualify as a Millwright or Rigger.
Per Diem may be available
Foreman, Skilled Craftsmen, Iron Workers And Laborers
ARE YOU A SELF STARTER? DO YOU TAKE PRIDE IN A JOB WELL DONE? ARE YOU LOOKING FOR NEW CHALLENGES OR NEED A CHANGE? IF YOUR ANSWER TO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS IS YES, PLEASE READ FURTHER.
MDA Construction Services is a specialized commercial construction company we erect commercial multi-level living structures (Apartments, Hotels) utilizing a pre-panelized load bearing wall system. We currently have multiple projects in the Denver area scheduled for 2017 and beyond. If you meet the criteria below, we would be interested in hearing from you. We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
We will be looking for the best candidates to fill the following positions:
· Must be able to read and understand blue prints.
· Must have 3 – 5 years of supervisory experience.
· Must be a competent skilled tradesman.
· Must be able communicate effectively up and down the chain of command.
· Must be able to receive and give instruction.
· Must be able to think ahead and see the big picture.
· Must meet the general requirements listed below.
· Must have 5 years’ experience in residential or commercial construction.
· Must be able to read and understand blue prints.
· Must be able to utilize trade specific hand and power tools.
· Must be able to receive instruction form supervisors.
· Must be reliable and dependable.
· Must be familiar with blue prints.
· Must have 3 – 5 years’ experience in commercial iron work construction.
· Must have welding experience.
· Must be physically able to lift and carry 50-75 pounds on a frequent basis
· Must be physically able to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to follow instruction.
· Must be willing to perform various manual labor tasks as directed.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL POSITIONS:
· Must be legally eligible to work in the US and pass e-verify.
· Must possess a valid legal ID.
· Must have reliable transportation
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
· Must be team player.
· Must be physically able to perform duties.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: MDA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at MDA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
We are currently accepting applications and resumes and will contact qualified individuals in the near future.
Looking for a hard working individual preferably with experience, but are also willing to train, must have valid drivers license and mode of transportation, able to work safely and efficiently at heights of 20 feet and up, our work is based mainly throughout the state of New Jersey but we do venture into NYC and PA on occasion so must be willing to travel to job sites pay is going to be based on level of experience, insurance is provided after a successful trail period is completed.