Applications Engineer Manufacturing Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Applications Engineer Manufacturing
Manufacturing & Applications Engineer
Our 53 year old company specializes in the design and electronic assembly of custom battery solutions for medical and industrial applications. We work with all major chemistries (lithium ion, lithium iron phosphate, lead acid, etc.) and work with Silicon Valley’s most exciting companies. As an applications engineer, you will work closely with sales on new designs, with production on day-to-day manufacturing and with operations on assembly drawings, work instructions, and RMAs. As a small and nimble company, you will have a lot of responsibility, autonomy, and impact.
- Design and development of custom battery packs for various industrial applications including IoT, medical, smart grid, UPS, GPS, communications, servers and other OEM products
- Technical point of contact for custom battery pack design projects. Support sales in bids and request for quotes (RFQ).
- Technical point of contact for cell vendor, component (PCB) vendor, and test house (UN 38.3 / IEC 62133).
- Create Solidworks drawings, assembly instructions, test instructions and test fixtures for a team of ~25 in-house battery assemblers.
- Determine all components (Bill of Materials) required for battery pack.
- Analyze all incoming RMA (return merchandise authorization) battery failures, determine root cause, and provide corrective actions when necessary in a timely manner.
- Implement ECR (engineering change requests) for on-going projects.
- Work with manufacturing on day to day issues that may arise and be able to resolve in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent fundamentals of analog electronics and its components
- Passed Electronics technical school (at least 2+ years) – electrical, electronic, industrial or chemical engineering
- Worked in analog electronics for 2+ years
- Must be organized, reliable, self-motivated, detail oriented, and able to handle and complete multiple projects in a timely manner
Additional experience preferred:
- Experience with ISO
- Experience with
- 7-10 years
Additive Manufacturing Field Service Engineer Colorado
About the Company
Saratech is the industry leading provider of engineering and manufacturing solutions including Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software, engineering and consulting services and manufacturing hardware. The Saratech team helps customers optimize their engineering and manufacturing processes by providing extensive product development expertise and technologies. Saratech’s goal is to help customers succeed by building long-term and resilient relationships. Saratech offers Siemens PLM CAD/CAM/CAE/PDM software solutions and a full array of 3D printers from HP and Markforged for both prototyping and production.
Saratech is headquartered in Mission Viejo, California with sales and technical coverage across the United States.The company offers qualified full-time employees medical and dental benefits, 401k plan participation with matching funds opportunities, and an Employee Assistance Plan, among other benefits. For more information, visit http://www.saratech.com.
About the Opportunity:
Saratech is seeking a Field Service Engineer in our Additive Manufacturing department. The Field Service Engineer will work on assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable judgment, initiative, and technical/specialized knowledge to resolve problems and/or develop recommended solutions. This is a full-time position based in Colorado to cover the state and surrounding areas. Travel is required. Ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications, experience, and abilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Electronic Engineering and/or Associates degree in a related field
- Experience with 3D printing equipment or in the 3D printing industry preferred
- High computer literacy
- Working knowledge of industry preferred
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Perform on-site installations, break fix, customer training, and configuration of 3D printing equipment.
- Diagnose and resolve problems related to hardware, software and workflow on customer sites.
- Efficiently operate all 3D printers in the demo area. Produce quality benchmark and sample parts for the pre-sales process.
- Perform on-site customer training for the operation and proper maintenance of 3D printing equipment.
- Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring at customer sites.
- Perform machine-specific calibrations on customer sites including calibration.
- Educate customers on proper settings and best practices for pre and post production on 3D printing equipment.
- Analyze customer workflows and advise them on improvements that can be made to increase efficiency.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting on 3D printing equipment.
- Prepare weekly reports for management regarding visits to customer sites and work performed there.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position
- High computer literacy
- Strong customer support skills, effectively dealing with conflicts
- Excited about technology and has the desire to learn new tasks and technologies
- Working knowledge of industry preferred
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Customer service oriented, punctual and reliable
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to perform while under high-pressure situations
- Ability to manage complex customer problems
- Ability to quickly learn company tools, processes and resources
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand and learn professional terminology
- Responsible, responsive, and accountable for tasks
- Complies with all organizational policies and procedures
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all customer and/or employee information to assure customer and/or employee rights are protected
- Adheres to policies regarding notification of absence and PTO requests
- Attends all mandatory management and staff meetings
- Represents the organization in a respectful and professional manner
- Attend and comply with annual health, safety, training and education requirements
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean
- Subject to strict background check
- Physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow detailed complex directions, reason and problem solve.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Company participates in E-Verify.
- Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.
- This description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work for this position. It is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities that may be periodically assigned
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Reporting directly to the Director, Advanced Manufacturing and Value Chain Engineering, partnering with R&D and Supply Chain top leaders, your primary mission is to develop advanced manufacturing solutions for our future product range.
Engaged upfront in all new products developments, you develop either internally or with our strategic partners the manufacturing solutions which will guarantee the expected level of performance, yield and cost target of the future products.
- Integrate innovation programs cross functional teams
- Deal with strategic partners and support Make vs Buy decisions in manufacturing activities.
- Develops the manufacturing processes needed to support the growth of all future products, starting from the very early stages of the product and technology development and including the delivery of Hardware, Software, and Consumable Products and Solutions.
- Make sure expectations in regards to DFX (design for manufacturing, test, sourcing, servicing, sustainability...) and quality standards are integrated in innovation programs.
- Explores and researches emerging process and manufacturing technologies, equipment and methods that could be innovative to be incorporated in the early stages of product development (RTD/RTK)
- Coordinate with design, sales and operations teams to develop manufacturing processes for new products to achieve corporate Design to Value objectives
- Support early product costing exercise to increase costing accuracy.
- Collaborate with other Supply Chain functions to incorporate in advanced innovation projects design for manufacturing, sourcing and design for supply chain activities.
- Master’s degree in engineering
- For printers: (mechanical, micromechanics, electronic, process, hydraulics, industrial).
- For consumables: (chemical, process, industrial).
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in industrial / process engineering, working in international industrial companies producing high tech products, with mid volume but complex global supply chain.
- Mandatory successful experience in the development of manufacturing processes related to mid volume manufacturing techniques for mechanical parts, electronics, and chemicals.
- Proven process engineering experience and leadership including a close (and cooperative) working relationship with procurement, manufacturing, EH&S, vendors, subcontractors and a good understanding of manufacturing floor requirements.
- Methodology: 6 sigma black belt, lean, value engineering, etc…
- Experience working with international teams in which products are developed and manufactured.
- English native speaker or fluent, French is a strong plus
Manufacturing Engineer II
Fantastic opportunity to work with an outstanding manufacturing organization. Very collaborative and open company.
Follow all procedures and forms in compliance to ISO 9001.
- Works with other engineers and technicians to learn basic sensor technology, manufacturing processes, test methods, departmental procedures and policies. Share lessons learned from experiences and collaborate on improving design and/or processes of existing products.
- Works with other engineers and technicians to provide support and training with regard to assembly methods, test procedures, ISO 9001 documentation, production equipment, company policies/procedures.
- Utilizes 3-d modeling software to modify designs, modifies written procedures, Bill of Materials and routers to improve manufacturing process.
- Works with design engineers and production technicians to coordinate the timely transfer of new products to production. This will include helping to design fixtures, helping writing procedures and discussing lessons learned from current products.
- Works with Manufacturing personnel to promote LEAN and reduce waste.
- Learns to lead and drive continuous improvement projects on current quality or cost related manufacturing issues.
- Utilizes test equipment to test products and maintains a working knowledge of applicable calibration methods.
- Full functional knowledge of how to determine special cause failures vs. common cause failures in order to establish project direction.
- Learns to protect the customer by categorizing measurement system failures.
- Learns to prioritize production issues by the Pareto principle in order to work on the most important issues first.
- Conducts failure analyses of rejects from manufacturing or customers and works at developing effective preventive actions that will not allow for reoccurrence.
- Functional knowledge of statistical process control techniques and error proofing hierarchy to implement irreversible corrective actions and preventative actions.
- Uses data for decision making, understands capability.
- Researches, analyzes and studies existing products, systems, subsystems, test equipment and processes to improve performance, reliability, quality and cost.
- Works with engineers and production technicians to improve production yield, reduce scrap, and solve other product related problems.
- Learns how to build, test and calibrate products. Gains experience with test equipment and processes.
- Working knowledge and fully developed relationship with other functions in area of responsibility in order to optimize cross-functional communication.
- Full functional knowledge of Engineering Change Order and New Product Launch processes.
BS Engineering and field experience
3 years+ experience in high volume manufacturing
Basic Computer Skills Microsoft Office software
3-d Modeling software
Lean, Design of Experiments
Post a Job
Contract Manufacturing Engineer
A global leader in home appliances manufacturing is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to work as a contractor to support their Central Engineering Capital Project team.
- 6+ years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Works directly with Central Engineering team to support and implement project initiatives.
- Works with local factory personnel as necessary to deliver project initiatives.
- Works with equipment suppliers to deliver, install and startup equipment at customer’s factory.
- Responsible for startup & commissioning of equipment to meet performance, up-time and quality requirements.
- Provides Project Management including:
- Weekly equipment/vendor supplier meetings
- Weekly factory personnel/stakeholder meetings
- Tracking budget and schedule to project initiatives
- Generating & executing action lists to solve problems
- Writes Equipment Specifications and accurately communicates requirements to end suppliers.
- Employ strong root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills to solve issues.
- Applies strong mathematical skills including ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to draw/interpret bar graphs.
- An analytic, strategic and tactical thinker who can develop strategies, programs and processes that support the short- and long-term business needs.
- 10+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong experience in the Major Appliances Industry is a plus.
- Strong experience with equipment typically employed in appliance manufacturing and auxiliary processes including:
- Metal Fabrication/Metal Stamping with Associated Tooling
- Plastics Extrusion & Thermoforming with Associated Tooling
- Pre & Final Assembly Line
- Polyurethane Foaming with Associated Tooling
- A hardworking, high-energy individual with a significant amount of stamina and drive.
- An engineer who's hands-on and willing to work with technicians on the equipment.
- Excellent communication skills and unique ability to provide direction of technical and complex issues to non-technical personnel in a manner that is fully understood and supported.
- Negotiation, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft-Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent with demonstrated experience in industry.
- Travel 25-30%
- Must be willing and able to work holidays, weekends and extended hours, as required for shutdowns
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must have or is willing to get a Passport
Director, Manufacturing Engineering Manufacturing And Production
Director, Manufacturing Engineering
Manufacturing and Production - Manufacturing Engineering
The Manufacturing Engineering Director will:
- Plan, organize and technically direct the manufacturing engineering activities and staff.
- Enable Operations to execute all programs in a safe and efficient manner, and ensuring the achievement of quality, cost and delivery schedule objectives.
- The individual will be responsible for implementing a disciplined operating system in line with the company’s enterprise while improving the operating effectiveness of the site and leading an organization of over 80 people.
- 50% - Direct and lead technical team: Analyze, evaluate and determine appropriate solutions for manufacturing technical problems encountered in the application of manufacturing methods, facilities and processes. Apply engineering procedures, provide technical direction, create and apply work instructions and tooling for the factory floor. Participate in program and site corrective action boards and be a key member in customer escape and non-conformance investigations; develop direct cause, root cause and mistake proof corrective actions, as well as separation criteria when required. Ensure proper deployment of resources to achieve cost effective results in support of site and business unit deliverables.
- 15% - Administrative management: Ensure a safe work environment and remain in compliance to federal and local regulations. Develop long range technical and administrative plans, goals and strategies.
- 15% - Customer interface: Establish priorities to meet the needs of the customer and the organization with a dedication to support the manufacturing shop floor. Represent the organization as a prime internal and customer contact on manufacturing technical operations.
- 20% - Strategy and Continuous Improvement: Lead the sites Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) program. Drive operational excellence throughout the organization and create a metrics driven, highly accountable mindset within the organization. Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Demonstrated supervisory skills, including the ability to plan, organize, coordinate, direct and control activities of the assigned organization.
Solid understanding of business development, program management, finance, operations and process control.
- Must be equally comfortable walking the plant floor as interacting with customers and executives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels.
- Leadership acumen and credibility to work across the entire organization and develop talent. Demonstrated experience in a collaborative environment/role and able to create balance between program business unit leaders and functional organizations to achieve site objectives.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
- Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information. Having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- Program management experience, Engineering leadership and experience with inert, energetic and propellant materials.
- Experience in either aerospace and or general industrial sectors with 10 years in a leadership capacity.
- Ideal candidate will have the following personal characteristics: Possesses mindset to seek ideas for continuous improvement and change. High energy, results driven, and resolute with a strong and disciplined work ethic. Sets a quick pace, and constantly raises the bar and presses the organization toward higher levels of achievement.
- Must be comfortable in a demanding intense environment with a bias for action. Drives obligations to closure with precision to benefit the organization and every constituent. Should be hands-on, but able to delegate appropriately with the ability to motivate, inspire and commit the organization to a course of action and achieve results. Understands what it takes to lead organizational change with a lean staff.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
This position will lead manufacturing technology projects, champion Lean Manufacturing teams and standardization projects. It will also provide support to all functional areas (Engineering, Program Management, Manufacturing, Sales, and Quality) where manufacturing technology expertise is required. Launch support, floor support, cost/quality improvements, and customer initiatives.
Major Duties and
- Manage new process development projects and coordinate activities with various internal & external customers
- Develop manufacturing process designs and coordinate with tooling and equipment sources for construction & validation
- Establish and maintain integrated working relationship with global teams and lead a functional Best Methods team
- Drive standardization by using of Best Methods teams, benchmarking, and setting process standards
- Champion benchmarking initiatives and integrate their findings into appropriate areas
- Champion APQP documents including Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEA’s, and Control Plans
- Lead capital and tooling specification, quotes, acquisitions, analysis and strategies
- Assist manufacturing facilities in design and applications of gages and fixtures
- Interface with suppliers and research development centers to research and develop new product and process design and technology concepts
- Support manufacturing with launch and continuous improvement activities
- Support customer teams with quotes, designs, VA/VE initiatives and technical presentations
- Provide technical support and assistance to the manufacturing, quality, development, and program staffs
- Support TS16949, ISO14001, APQP and other applicable procedures and policies
- Develop, evaluate, and drive improvement in Manufacturing process methods and procedures
- Participate in Program Launch meetings and be a part of prototype manufacturing runs.
- Provide input for design for manufacturability, process yield and capacity.
- Support current systems (BOM Maintenance, MRP, ECN’s)
- Become subject matter expert in customer and product requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BSME and 5+ years’ experience
- Extensive experience in tool and manufacturing process development with knowledge of CAD and functional expertise in application of GD&T
- Self-motivated with good written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations
- Ability to lead and function in a team environment, while effectively communicating across various levels of the organization
- Automotive Launch Experience
- Ability to travel in support of job function (plants, customers, suppliers etc.)
- Advanced degree (Preferred)
- Six Sigma Green Belt (Preferred)
Industrial Engineer (Industrial Engineering Planning Layouts Of Factories Designing Assembly Lines Manufacturing Paradigms Lean Manufacturing Systems Industrial Engineers Capital Equipment Statistical Analysis Supply Chain Planning)
• Design and implement long-range facility layouts.
• Develop and maintain manufacturing capacity models.
• Apply Lean Manufacturing techniques.
• Conduct equipment utilization and capacity studies.
• Purchase, and implement new capital equipment.
• Apply ergonomic techniques.
• MSIE or BS IE with 4 years of engineering experience.
- Facility Layout Planning
- Operations Research
- Supply Chain Planning
- Lean Mfg
- Engineering economy
- Time and Motion Studies
- Methods analysis and improvement
- Project Management
- Microsoft Applications Software & SCADA Systems
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Manufacturing Engineer II
POSITION SUMMARY: • Develop, improve, and document manufacturing processes. • Implement lean manufacturing techniques (e.g. Standardized work, 5S, Production Leveling, Point of Use, Kanban, SMED, Kaizen). • Optimize manufacturing processes with consideration of medical device regulations for the enhancements of quality, throughput, and cost reduction. • Write required change justifications based on risk management and design control documentation. • Provide engineering support in production departments to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems. • Manage own work schedules, project timelines and budgets related to the design and integration of manufacturing equipment and systems. • Create and maintain manufacturing process & documentation (Routers, BOMs, procedures, etc.). • Develop and manage plans to integrate, install, and locate manufacturing equipment within the facility to improve product flow. • Research and understand state of the art manufacturing technology and propose implementation where appropriate. • Design and create drawings for manufacturing-related materials. • Gather information to evaluate current work processes in order to determine the flow of work, time requirements, costs, and duration. • Assist other departments such as Product Engineering, Maintenance and QC with design and manufacturing projects.
Post a Job
Manufacturing Engineer Location: Columbia, SC Job Code: 270 Salary/Rate of Pay:
Job Brief: Manufacturing Engineer Description Broad Function: The Level I Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the maintenance of existing processes and minor design work for support of the complete process.
The Level II Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the design of production tools and / or machines and for developing solutions to production problems relating to materials, processes, and tooling. Supports new programs by developing new processes, designing tooling and machinery and developing production controls. Additionally, the Level II Manufacturing Engineer sets up new equipment, ensures satisfactory operation of the new equipment and teaches others to use it properly.
The Level III Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the design, development, implementation and project oversight. Additionally, the Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for capital equipment procurement standards and purchases. Principal Responsibilities:
Level I • Specifies tooling, fixturing, gaging and machine tools for use in the manufacture of existing company products. • Re-designs, repairs, or replaces in-process production program equipment, production control hardware and tooling to optimize existing processes. • Provides bidding information for potential new work. Will provide estimated time cycles, capital expenses and non-recurring costs. • Writes procedures for the operation of new or existing equipment. • Stays informed concerning new manufacturing technology and equipment and investigates their potential applications. Recommends incorporation of new technology for company applications where feasible and practical.
Does cost justifications for capital expenditures. • Trains all levels of manufacturing employees on the proper applications in the operation of machinery and processes. Level II In addition to Level I responsibilities’ • Designs tools and / or machines of varying types (some of more complex nature) for the use in the manufacture of company products. • Sets up new equipment, ensures its satisfactory operation and instructs others to use the new equipment properly. • Assists in the training of less experienced department personnel. Education/ Experience Requirements:
Level I • B.S.M.E. degree or a B.S. degree with a concentration of coursework in Industrial Technology or Industrial Engineering. • Not less than (3) years experience as a Manufacturing Engineer, with machining and assembly processing experience. • Experience in capital appropriation evaluation and analysis. • Knowledge concerning mechanical principles, machining practices, the properties of metals, and the application of mathematics and dimensions to create part processes. • Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to work in a team environment. • Working knowledge of computer systems and data processing. • Familiar with computer controlled machine tools as well as conventional machine tools and has had exposure to high volume automated production equipment. • Knowledge of SPC. • Ability to read and understand blue prints. Knowledge of geometric tolerancing.
Ability to do basic tolerance analysis. • Practical understanding of workplace 5S and Lean Manufacturing Principles. Level II In addition to Level I Requirements’ • B.S.M.E. degree/B.S. degree with a concentration of coursework in Industrial Technology or Industrial Engineering or a background of six (6) years in Manufacturing Engineering. Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally walk, sit and reach with hands or arms.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification; participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
Follows policies and procedures; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Meets productivity standards. Observes safety and security procedures.
Adapts to changes in the work environment. Authority/Accountability: The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible to the Business Unit Manager.
FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at www.fnamerica.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Post a Job