Applications Engineer Manufacturing Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Applications Engineer Manufacturing
Application Engineer - Manufacturing / Optical Technology
Key Technology is currently looking for an Application Engineer-Machine Vision/Manufacturing to work in Sacramento, California
Key Technology, Inc. is the trusted global leader in the design and manufacture of innovative high-performance digital sorting, conveying and process automation systems for food processors and other industrial markets. Applying our deep application expertise, our solutions help manufacturers enhance product quality, increase yield and reduce costs.
We partner with food processing and agricultural companies of all sizes by offering an integrated product portfolio of equipment that can be tailored to meet their needs. Our customers produce fresh and processed fruits and vegetables, potato products, nuts, dried fruit, snacks, coffee, seafood, poultry and other products. Key’s Symetix group serves pharmaceutical and nutraceutical manufacturers with automated inspection and continuous processing systems.
The Application Engineer-Machine Vision/Manufacturing position tests food and non-food products on Key's lab equipment and customer equipment in order to determine appropriate configuration of equipment and performance levels, and make recommendations to the sales & marketing organizations.
- Plan, set up and conduct equipment tests for specific customer products both in the test lab and at the customer site to recommend configuration and performance levels for a specific customer product or set of products
- Plan, set up, and conduct testing of Key's equipment for different food and non-food products to recommend configuration and performance levels for a particular application or market
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method
- Develop application specific software solutions for customer needs
- Analyze indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications
- Develop design proposals for improving equipment performance, which may include recording data for development, standardization and/or quality control
- Author standard performance specifications for equipment based on test data
- Participate in the review of customer products to develop test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions such as new applications pack designs or changes to existing packs, part redesign, substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of parts of assemblies
Basic Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university preferred; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Microsoft Office, file compression, image processing
- Ability to read schematics, timing and block diagrams
- A valid vehicle operator’s license is required.
- Ability to obtain a passport is required
- Ability to travel 20-30% of the time
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Computer/electronic experience
- Window's OS or other OS systems like UNIX or Linux
Key Technology is your next Opportunity…Offering Great Benefits & Competitive Salary
Submit Your Profile NOW!
Use this job description
- Serves as a technical support to the ceramic material processing, casting, bisque firing, machining and inspection operations by thoroughly understanding the functions of the various processes and needs of customers.
- Creates, maintains, and troubleshoots databases using MS Excel and MS Access VBA
- Develops Excel VBA macros for various electronic production documentation and systems
- Defines, maintains, and continuously improves the process steps required to create customer product through the effective use of manufacturing flow and lean enterprise concepts.
- Supports manufacturing in the creation of work instructions, standard operating procedures, and process related documents including forms and certifications.
- Generates work packages, including detailed manufacturing instructions, drawings, bills of material (BOMs), references, and inspection requirements required to adequately control production work.
- Evaluates new incoming production requests for manufacturability and process fit. Develops estimated manufacturing costs under the guidance of department manager.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Responds to a variety of clients (Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, and Project Management) and their needs, deadlines, and priorities.
- Bachelor of Science in manufacturing, mechanical or materials engineering or the equivalent in experience knowledge and expertise. Advanced degree a plus.
- Will ideally have manufacturing experience.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy competence.
- Bill of Materials knowledge.
- Technical drawing experience is an advantage.
- Recent graduates from a manufacturing, production or engineering discipline without any experience will also be considered.
Field Application Engineer
Field Application Engineer
Reports to: FAE Manager N. America.
Volex is a leading global manufacturer of Power Cords, Electronic Interconnect and Fiber Optic Cable assemblies for the Consumer, Industrial, Datacom/Telecom and Healthcare markets. Volex provides a worldwide manufacturing, logistics and customer support footprint, strategically located in Asia, Europe, North and South America. Product applications include cable assemblies, harnesses, consumer electronics, appliances, medical equipment, RF and industrial.
Be the technical champion for an assigned set of customer accounts. Proactively work with sales and internal engineering teams to provide pre and post sales support for identifying, developing, and winning designs with new and existing business opportunities. Develop and build strong technical relationships with customer engineering and development teams to ensure smooth design-in/qualification, and timely resolution to technical problems.
- Work closely with sales to support pre and post-sales activities to identify and win designs with target customers. Have good communications skills and be comfortable presenting to various audiences.
- Work with Corporate Marketing and Sales to reach agreement on product features, cost reductions, new technology and time of completion
- Work closely with customer procurement engineering and product development to facilitate RFQ response, rapid FA unit qualification and MP release.
- You will be a direct technical contributor and immediate point-of-contact for all design and qualification procedures and will manage the design specification gap analysis procedures with the customers engineering team(s) in order to optimize the isolation and eventual resolution of applicable issues.
- Provide on-site design recommendations working directly with customer engineering to arrive at component material selections/recommendations for best fit while at lowest competitive solutions cost.
- Work with the Volex RFQ team(s) to resolve/answer customer print Drawing/BOM and process questions to improve quote efficiency.
- Work closely with internal design/NPI/NPD Engineers to formulate and translate customer requirements into drawings and BOM documentation.
- Work with the Volex plants, NPI team and customer engineering to provide fast-turn prototype designs options using alternate options components (cable fit and function).
- Formulate, implement and manage the technical training requirements with Technical Marketing management for purposes of design-win and design-in goal obtainment
- Work directly with customer engineering teams, sales, and manufacturing to ensure smooth customer product selection, evaluation, design-in, and qualification. Train Direct, Contract Rep and Channel Sales Teams
- Review customer specifications and troubleshoot system compatibility issues.
- Provide quick response and resolution to customer technical issues and problems.
- Provide technical support on customer complaints and resolve RMA issues.
- Review customer specifications and determine present and future customer product requirements. Drive customer inputs from the field into our marketing, architectures, and applications and operations teams.
- Determine competitor product offerings and provide feedback to marketing, architecture, and new product applications teams.
- Monitor industry trends and standards, as they relate to our product lines.
- Document activities as required by the head of Sales
- Understand and develop key requirements into R&D actions
- Ensure product development is in line with Industry and Quality standards
- Coordinate projects with other Volex facilities where some communication will be taken outside office working hours
Minimum five years of design, system, or application engineering experience. Strong knowledge of developing Data Interconnect and Power Cord assemblies.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Strong Injection Molding experience
- Excellent mechanical and Electrical design skills
- Detailed knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes & cable or assembly design principles.
- Track record of interacting with multiple suppliers/vendors on NPD
- Drafting skills, Solid works, CAD etc.
- Documented successful work history in a fast track, multi-project/program engineering role.
- Documented leadership & assertiveness performance in an environment of technically complex fast paced NPD
- Strong customer interaction skills
- Fast and independent learner.
- Innovative problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Comfortable presenting to groups and individuals.
- Strong teamwork ethic, with exceptional ability to work well with peer engineers, operations, customers, vendors, and professionals at all levels.
- Customer oriented with good Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Power Cord Safety Compliance Specifications and Certifications.
- Willingness to travel in region up to 40%.
- Fluent in English
- Strong cable assembly and electro-mechanical interconnect background; especially in high frequency digital products & RF background
- High performance PCB experience
- High speed (1-60 Gigahertz) digital interconnect systems design experience with focus on cable, connectors and cable assemblies.
- Familiarity and experience with formal New Product Development documentation systems, procedures & processes (including design phase/stage gates, ECN processes, etc.)
- Knowledge of Connector, Interconnect, Cable & related parts/component design and processes.
- Experience with DOE, FMEA/Design Risk review & analysis, DVT (design valid. testing) & Six Sigma design for manufacturability methods.
- Strong background in product, component & materials costing.
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptive & flexible in a fast paced NPI environment with multiple tasks.
Experience in the Medical cable assembly and interconnect experience a significant plus. Knowledge of cable and interconnect choices and medical industry standard requirements pertaining to cable assemblies is a requirement for this particular position.
Mechanical/.Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent
Use this job description
Applications Engineer - Providence, RI
- Provide first level technical support to customers by telephone and e-mail
- Troubleshoot and provide resolutions to technical issues reported by customers
- Document problem solutions and contribute to company knowledgebase
- Interface with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering to improve product service, design, and quality
- Solve issues where possible or re-direct to appropriate engineers
- Maintain product license database for existing customers and prospects
- Participate in the testing of new product functionality
- Must be a US citizen or have unrestricted and continuing employment authorization in the US
- Ability to analyze and isolate problems, determine and communicate resolution, document solution
- Ability to solve problems and exercise judgment within generally defined procedures and practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exposure to C/C++ development environments
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and Unix
- Previous customer support experience preferred
- BS, Computer Science or related
Driven Supervising Engineer For A Fast Paced Chemical Manufacturer
Driven Supervising Engineer for a Fast Paced Chemical Manufacturer
An established chemical manufacturing facility that is part of a Global network of production facilities is currently seeking a Production Supervisor. The ideal Candidate holds a Chemical Engineering Degree with 3 to 5 years of plant experience that really enjoys the manufacturing process. The Production Supervisor will be under the direction of the Site Manager who proactively provides feedback and mentoring for that position to help grow within the company.
The Production Supervisor monitors operations for efficiency and safety while ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are met. This is a key member of the facility’s production Team also helps develop personnel schedules to meet internal goals as well as the expectations of customers and monitors quality and production.
Excellent salary, benefits, support staff and a great place to work in Savannah. The region offers an excellent quality of family life on the Georgia coast with boating, fishing, golf, beaches, history and culture.
Specifically, the Production Supervisor will have responsibility for the following functions:
- Directly supervising the activities of eight hourly employees charged with the chemical manufacture and loading/offloading of chemicals and assorted raw materials.
- Maintaining and improving safety standards while conforming to safe work practices and procedure.
- Identifying and initiating corrective actions to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to product quality and production efficiency.
- Checking that finished product meets all customer and internal specs.
- Working with the engineering & maintenance departments to facilitate plant maintenance & troubleshooting to decrease downtime & improve productivity.
- Ensuring all safety permits are completed and obeyed.
- Participating in and/or leading continuous improvement efforts site wide.
- Attending and actively participating in all safety and production meetings.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree required.
- 2 to 5 years manufacturing supervisory experience required in the chemical industry.
- The ability to participate effectively in business planning and to arrive at sound decisions designed to produce effective results.
- Confident, bright, articulate, innovative, highly motivated, and a self-starter
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Days
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
Lead Application Engineer
- Act as the main liaison to all North American customers for wire harness and harness component technologies
- Able to travel with sales folks, engage 1 on 1 with customer engineering for cable and harness design for medical, industrial, and tele/data customers
- Research and understand customer requirements related to wire harnesses and their components.
- Provide product expertise with ability to deliver material substitutions/AVL substitutes for cost savings in conjunction with our purchasing team
- Provide design and specification development support to internal and external parties.
- Coordinate information flow between the company, customers, and affiliated companies.
- Maintain expert level product knowledge.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFI/RFPs.
- Coordinate market research related to electrical/electronic technologies.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to businesses and users.
- Maintain accurate records of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contracts, and communication within the company-approved database.
- Bachelor’s degree REQUIRED (Engineering related discipline highly preferred)
- 5+ years of experience related to wire harness/wire harness component engineering or related technical experience
- Ability to read mechanical and electricalblueprints and a solid understanding of electrical and mechanical control systems.
- Engaging personality, with the ability to work closely with customer design engineers and purchasing.
- Understand their products deeply and how they are “applied” into customer solutions.
- Comfortable in a “start-up” environment and culture but a large company, very fast pace, fast change, flexibility, and thrive with many projects and priorities
- Open to travel around 50% of the time.
- Must be well versed in product knowledge and underlying product disciplines such as FMEA, DVP&R, APQP, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and people skills.
- Organized multi-tasker who can prioritize and deliver on time.
GatesAir has been an innovator in over-the-air broadcasting for nearly 100 years and offers the industry’s broadest portfolio to help connect our customers to what’s next in over-the-air Television, Radio, and Distribution. Today, GatesAir architects lead solutions for over-the-air Radio and TV and public safety communications markets. With customers in more than 185 countries, the company leads the industry in innovation and design breakthroughs, improving efficiency and reducing total cost of ownership and ensuring the highest quality signal performance. At GatesAir, we recognize that our employees are the key to our continued success. Our employees have an impact in forging the direction for the future and driving market leading performance and financial results. We seek talented individuals that can contribute to their discipline, but also work to drive a common direction. New Product Introduction: * Work concurrently with design engineering to improve overall cost and efficiency of manufacture throughout the entire development process. Establish effective and efficient manufacturing processes, work instructions, and process control plans. Apply state-of-the art technology to meet increasingly competitive business needs.
Support new product development efforts with internal manufacturing, Contract manufacturing and process expertise.
Work within a team environment to plan, track, and report performance against schedule and cost budgets.
Estimates manufacturing costs, determines time standards, and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements for new or existing product lines.
Designs and implements new manufacturing processes.
Develop Bills of Material and Routings and other data as required to support the MRP system.’ Value Engineering / Cost reduction: * Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities through process, component and finished good re-design. Manufacturing support: * Support internal and contract manufacturing and all production processes including process improvements from a technical aspect. This includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of finished good bills of material, routings, and other MRP related data for existing products, performing process time studies when appropriate, working with others for process validation.
Investigate operational problems affecting production and dealing with them in a systematic, methodical manner.
Implements and analyzes manufacturing engineering plans and projects.
Provide disposition and corrective action for workmanship and material discrepancies. * BS/BA in Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
Must possess the demonstrated ability to effectively interface and proactively influence customers, both internal and external, and to work independently.
Fluent with Microsoft Office software package.
Able to read and create technical drawings. * CAD Skills using 2D (Autocad or DraftSight) and Solids (SolidWorks) modeling tools.
Working knowledge of document control systems (Agile) and MPR (Peoplesoft) desired.
Knowledge of basic sheet metal fabrication and basic metal working.
Preferred Additional Skills * Working knowledge and experience with PWA’s, Cables, Electronic assemblies and Contract manufacturing is highly desired.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing tools is preferable.
Apply for this job online
Apply Share Refer this job to a friend
Refer Share on your newsfeed
Use this job description
Job Title:Manufacturing EngineerRequisition Number:38306Functional Area:Manufacturing/OperationsWork Location:Sensors & Integrated Systems- MN Burnsville WestJob Description Summary:All need to be knowledgeable “proponents” of Lean Manufacturing and Waste Reduction, Emphasis on low-volume, mixed model, manual assembly with entrapments, special processes. Not machining; not automated lines.Basic Qualifications:Experience in performing time studies, set-up reduction, prefer experience with manual assembly lean cells (i.e. one-piece-flow)Experience writing work instructions, set-up reduction, prefer experience with ProEExperience leading or supervising lean cells (i.e. one-piece-flow)% Travel Required:0%
Use this job description
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Manufacturing Process Engineer EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. CategoryEngineering Description Summary Responsible for evaluating existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve repeatability, and develop best practices within the production process. Develop or improve manufacturing processes to increase production rates, efficiencies, and reduce manufacturing costs. Create work instructions and assembly drawings for standard products and develop a standard documentation format with engineering. Coordinate the release Engineering Change Notifications (ECNs) with assembly drawings, material releases, and QA instructions. Create work instructions and assembly drawings for special and custom projects/orders. Verify critical assembly processes and inspection points with quality and process engineers. Work closely with the quality, production, and engineering departments. Responsibilities + Create assembly drawings and work instructions and control revision levels for standard and custom products based on engineering drawings.
Work with manufacturing engineer and assembly personnel on manufacturing flow improvements and modifications to assembly drawing and work instruction documents.
Update drawings and work instructions based on ECNs and maintain revision control. Update, release, and verify that current revisions of all relevant documentation are on the manufacturing floor.
Work with manufacturing and engineering to resolve assembly issues and ensure proper documentation is approved and updated.
Work with engineering and quality to ensure in-process assembly checks are detailed on assembly drawings, instructions, and/or assembly checklists.
Coordinate and communicate to the manufacturing department the release of ECNs including updates to any assembly drawings and work instructions prior to releasing the ECN to the floor.
Verify that shop floor documents are up to date with the latest revisions, material components received and Bills of Materials are updated, inspection personnel notified of changes, and QA checklists are up to date.
Develop various training materials and train and test employees to confirm effectiveness of training.
Develop, control, and manage all Standard Operating Conditions for all processes and all products produced at the facility.
Evaluate and improve processes in manufacturing systems (including manufacturing capability and production volume) that optimize all phases of production while maintaining and improving quality standards.
Design, install, and commission new production units and monitor modifications and upgrades.
Evaluate existing processes and configure manufacturing systems to reduce cost and improve reliability; troubleshoot existing processes and develop best practices within the production process.
Maintain production equipment documentation, troubleshooting documentation, best practices documentation, and production equipment upgrade records. Position Requirements Qualifications + Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Industrial Engineering preferred) and 2-5 years of experience + Experience with 3D modeling software (SolidWorks preferred) and willing to learn new software + Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) + Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to interact with all company functions including R&D, Engineering, Materials, Quality and Operations + Ability to effectively communicate ideas, concepts, and procedures to all levels within the organization, from employees on the shop floor to peers on cross-functional teams + Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within engineering field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals + Perform a variety of tasks working under general supervision LocationConcord Township, OH RemoteNo ShiftDays Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time Exempt/Non-ExemptExempt
Process Control - Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Job Descriptions:Are you an experienced Manufacturing-Process Control Engineer looking to become a part of a newly formed Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team? Bard Manufacturing Company, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for you to help develop our process testing, automation/control system and manufacturing shop floor systems strategy.
This is a newly created position and great opportunity for someone who has a passion for developing solutions and seeing them come to fruition. You will collaborate with product engineering in the development of our next generation of engineered products and manufacturing test methodologies. You will collaborate with our operations team to develop automation solutions to help improve throughput and efficiency through our manufacturing processes.
You will develop, propose and implement ways to turn shop floor data collection into real-time information that is actionable for the operations team. This position will be located at our corporate office in Bryan, OH. For over 100 years, Bard Manufacturing Company has been a family owned and operated company, leading the HVAC industry in light commercial, educational, and telecommunications markets.
With production facilities in Ohio, Georgia and Mexico, we service our customers both nationwide and internationally by designing and manufacturing cutting-edge engineered products. Scope and Responsibilities:Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Understand and enhance end-of-line production testing methods.
Evaluate new technologies to develop creative solutions to manufacturing challenges. Collaborate with product engineering on design-for-manufacturability and assembly in the NPD process. Develop and propose automation solutions to improve operational throughput and efficiency.
Develop electronic poke-yokes for the assembly process. Manage capital projects. Required Experience:Education/Experience Requirements:The successful candidate will possess the following skills/abilities:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required, with controls/automation experience. Experience with PLC based controls, HMI, robotics. Experience with assembly automation and testing of highly engineered products.
HVAC product knowledge is a plus. Knowledge and/or experience with shop floor execution systems or manufacturing execution software. 5 to 10 years’ experience in automation and controls integration. Experience in a high mix production environment a plus.
Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing knowledge is desirable. Ability to work well in a team environment across manufacturing plan and product engineering. Keyword: Advanced Manufacturing EngineerFrom: Bard Manufacturing
Use this job description