Applications Engineer Manufacturing Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Applications Engineer Manufacturing
POSITION TITLE: Manufacturing Engineer
JOB TYPE: Salary Exempt Level 3
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
LOCATION: Blytheville, Arkansas
PERFORMANCE SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for designing and improving manufacturing processes & tooling essential to the organization in support of accomplishing safety, product integrity, service, cost, and lean manufacturing objectives.
- Carries out process improvement and problem resolution for various manufacturing systems.
- Perform process analyses to drive cost reductions, quality improvements, or improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Ensure manufacturing equipment & processes are in conformance with established policies/objectives.
- Maintain manufacturing methods, data base and engineering drawings; Maintain engineering document control per ISO procedures.
- Design and maintain equipment standards to all regulatory and safety requirements.
- Design tooling & fixtures to support manufacturing of various internal products.
- Ensure facility layouts are updated and maintained.
- Support manufacturing through training on equipment or process improvements.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the technology road map.
- Coordinates manufacturing launch of new or revised products including training of team members and results evaluation.
- Represents manufacturing/engineering on cross-functional teams.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Proficient in Microsoft Office; manufacturing & mechanical engineering skills; Six Sigma training preferred; ability to read, analyze and interpret drawings (GD&T), technical procedures and governmental regulations, 3D CAD experience preferred; tooling and process analysis; effective communication verbal and written in all directions; innovation; ability to work independently or in a project team environment and within a defined deadline; ability to utilize mathematical concepts to identify opportunities, manipulate data and solve problems.
Manufacturing Execution System (Mes) Engineer
Avanceon is a premier provider of manufacturing technology solutions that helps our clients improve productivity, quality and sustainability. We started our business when MTV played music videos, a gallon of gas was under a dollar and control systems used “real” relays. As a result, we have seen a lot, done a lot, know a lot and have learned a lot of lessons that we can share with our customers and our team.
Avanceon is a team of talented, creative, and fun people. We provide a casual and flexible working environment that promotes our work hard / play hard motto. It is not uncommon to go from a customer meeting to a lunch time ping pong tournament or to reward yourself for a hard day of work with a drink in our kitchen.
Why Work for Avanceon?
Avanceon offers competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, and paid time off. However, the Avanceon difference comes from all of the additional benefits our associates enjoy:
- Casual dress code (jeans and sneakers are ok, and sometimes even flip flops!) with funds provided for cool new Avanceon threads
- Casual work environment where you have easy access to team leaders and friendly executives
- Flexible schedules and work from home opportunities, plus we’re family friendly; understanding when emergencies arise
- Above average paid time off (PTO) – earn up to 5 weeks in 5 years
- Diverse customers and industries makes for a variety of tasks, training, experiences, and certifications
- Recognition and awards given during a weekly company-wide celebration
- Easy opportunities to contribute to the community through our fundraising efforts
- PARTIES! We have ping-pong and corn hole (beanbag) tournaments, BBQs, social hour on Fridays, holiday parties, summer picnics, group outings (we escaped the room!), cocktail parties, and “anything else we can use for an excuse to party” parties
Avanceon’s successful Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and Manufacturing Execution System (MES) business unit (a.k.a. Pod 2) is recruiting an experienced MES engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate has worked with Wonderware System Platform along with Wonderware MES Operations, Performance, and Quality modules. However, candidates that have experience with other MES software packages or strong manufacturing process knowledge and SQL skills are also encouraged to apply.
MES engineers can wear many hats at Avanceon from sales support to project execution to training and mentoring of entry-level engineers. Roles and responsibilities are based on experience level, project requirements, and Pod needs. A full job description can be provided to candidates during the interview process, however, the following are common activities for experience MES engineers:
- Participate in requirements gathering and detailed design
- Complete programming and configuration tasks such as user interface development, data collection, reporting and SQL database development
- While not the primary focus of an MES engineer, PLC programming ability is highly desired as certain projects may require PLC interaction
- Support the creation and execution of Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) protocols
- Participate in onsite installation, commissioning and SAT execution
- Support creation and execution of validation protocols
- Provide startup support
- Develop proposals and cost estimates
- Participate in conference calls or site visits
- Develop and/or participle in internal training programs
- Attend external training and obtain industry certifications
- Support profitability and revenue goals
- Mentor new or entry level associates
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Provide occasional off-hours support for key customers
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies as dictated by project needs
- Speak, read and write fluently in English
- Superior computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Physically able to be mobile and work safely in an industrial environment
Post a Job
- Serves as a technical support to the ceramic material processing, casting, bisque firing, machining and inspection operations by thoroughly understanding the functions of the various processes and needs of customers.
- Creates, maintains, and troubleshoots databases using MS Excel and MS Access VBA
- Develops Excel VBA macros for various electronic production documentation and systems
- Defines, maintains, and continuously improves the process steps required to create customer product through the effective use of manufacturing flow and lean enterprise concepts.
- Supports manufacturing in the creation of work instructions, standard operating procedures, and process related documents including forms and certifications.
- Generates work packages, including detailed manufacturing instructions, drawings, bills of material (BOMs), references, and inspection requirements required to adequately control production work.
- Evaluates new incoming production requests for manufacturability and process fit. Develops estimated manufacturing costs under the guidance of department manager.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Responds to a variety of clients (Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, and Project Management) and their needs, deadlines, and priorities.
- Bachelor of Science in manufacturing, mechanical or materials engineering or the equivalent in experience knowledge and expertise. Advanced degree a plus.
- Will ideally have manufacturing experience.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy competence.
- Bill of Materials knowledge.
- Technical drawing experience is an advantage.
- Recent graduates from a manufacturing, production or engineering discipline without any experience will also be considered.
Applications Engineer Intern Mission Viejo, CA
About the Company
Tech-30 is an industry leading engineering solutions and services company. By partnering with the best names in the industry, we are able to provide our customers with the right solutions, services and support for their needs in any stage of design, engineering, and production. The company offers qualified full-time employees medical and dental benefits, 401k plan participation with matching funds opportunities, and an Employee Assistance Plan, among other benefits. Tech-30 is headquartered in Mission Viejo, CA and has employees and supports customers nationwide. Qualified and interested candidates may submit their resume on our website at www.tech-30.com.
About the Opportunity:
Tech-30 is seeking an Engineer Intern. This is a part-time, year round position located at our corporate headquarters in Mission Viejo, CA with the opportunity for increased hours over the summer. Ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications, experience, and abilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Third or fourth year student in an Engineering program
- Knowledge and experience with CAD (preferably PTC Creo)
- Interest in CAM and PDM tools
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support
- Provide customer training on the software/products, product support, trouble-shooting and customer support
- Perform maintenance of PTC PLM software
- Work closely with and guide development towards the completion of work as defined or as assigned by management
- Remain up to date with newer improvements of PTC software and its use
- Serve as a liaison between customer and sales
- Answer technical questions from customers who require product assistance via the Company’s support line
- Perform analysis of customer’s problems and requirements to identify solutions, business propositions and quotations/proposals
- Prepare technical notes and presentations for use in Company’s marketing presentations, webinars and Company’s participation in conferences
- Respond to sales team and customer inquiries on a priority basis and with a sense of urgency
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position
- Ability to quickly learn company tools, processes and resources
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand and learn professional terminology
- Responsible, responsive, and accountable for tasks
- Complies with all organizational policies and procedures
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all customer and/or employee information to assure customer and/or employee rights are protected
- Adheres to policies regarding notification of absence and PTO requests
- Attends all mandatory management and staff meetings
- Represents the organization in a respectful and professional manner
- Attend and comply with annual health, safety, training and education requirements
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean
- Subject to strict background check
- Physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow detailed complex directions, reason and problem solve.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Company participates in E-Verify.
- Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.
- This description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work for this position. It is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities that may be periodically assigned.
SW Engineer Applications
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
SW Engineer Applications
Position Status: Contract (long term)
Our client is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland security and other federal agencies.
Seneca Resources is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to support our client’s DOD (Department of Defense) contract, working in Huntsville, AL to support our team in Huntsville, AL. Software Engineer will be a key team member on this highly visible, critical program and will be joining a team of highly respected technical professionals.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications.
- Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of and experience with VLAN, FireWall and SDN’s.
- Experience with other SDN components, principals, and protocols such as OpenStack.
- Experience with RMF and Risk Based Approach.
- Experience with UML modeling required
- ITILv3 certification required
- Experience with the DODAFv2 Framework.
- Knowledge of JAVA Enterprise Edition.
- Be familiar working in a Service Oriented Architecture
- Have a working knowledge of .NET, Python and Angular JAVA Script.
- Experience working with JAVA Server Faces and Windows Communication Foundation Framework.
- Experience with RESTful Web Service and SOAP Protocols
- Be familiar with Security Assertion Markup Language
- Knowledge of enterprise security services and techniques, including identity and access management, network security, host security, and risk frameworks.
- Strong technical skills with Microsoft products including: Windows Server, SQL Server and IIS
- This position is open only to candidates with a Secret clearance
- MA/MS with 10 + years’ experience or BA/BS with 12 years’ experience
Production Application Support Engineer
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold.
We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free.
Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are?
Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Do you enjoy working on building from the ground up, troubleshooting issues within complex enterprise systems and want the fun and feel of a start-up company, but the solid management and resources of an established business? If you want to display your ninja troubleshooting skills and influence a Zappos technology initiative than Production Application Support Engineer is the role for you.
What you’ll be doing:
Being a Sherlock Homes of technology, investigating and troubleshooting issues when they occur
Resolving issues or gathering enough information to pass it along to another technology team
Digging deep to understand how problems occur with applications and how they can be prevented or resolved
Working and collaborating with all of the technology organizations like QA, Developers, Systems Engineers, IT, and TechOps level1
Writing clear and accurate support and troubleshooting guides for common issues that the entire team can understand and use.
Providing assistance during tech incidents of various severities.
Being on a weekly 24x7 on-call rotation.
What you’ll bring to the table:
A desire to make work fun and enjoyable (this is first on the list for a reason)
Problem solver: ability to quickly learn how the systems interact.
Ability to quickly learn how the business teams use the systems.
Knowledge and experience of at least one of the following programming languages (Perl, Java, C++, Python), able to write scripts using one of these languages to help automate common tasks.
A love for finding bugs, resolving issues and helping to make software bullet-proof
Ability to use tools such as Splunk, TeaLeaf, etc. Experience in reading and understanding application error logs and writing custom searches using Splunk.
Working knowledge of SQL, understanding of database and field types, should be able to write basic SQL queries. Advanced SQL experience preferred.
Working knowledge of software testing methodologies.
Experience working on web-based, database driven systems.
Experience with large-scale ERP or ecommerce systems.
Experience with web services.
Experience with the Linux operating system, comfortable with using the command line and running basic commands.
An understanding of the software development life-cycle.
Ability to stay on top of a problem until it is resolved and proactively communicates status to other organizations. Understanding and ability to escalate an issue.
Bonus Experience and Skill: Ability to understand Source Code to help determine where the issue is occurring.
What you didn’t know about the team:
They love to eat and are always trying new food places together, they are foodies!
Post a Job
Company Overview: GatesAir has been an innovator in over-the-air broadcasting for nearly 100 years and offers the industry’s broadest portfolio to help connect our customers to what’s next in over-the-air Television, Radio, and Distribution. Today, GatesAir architects lead solutions for over-the-air Radio and TV and public safety communications markets. With customers in more than 185 countries, the company leads the industry in innovation and design breakthroughs, improving efficiency and reducing total cost of ownership and ensuring the highest quality signal performance. At GatesAir, we recognize that our employees are the key to our continued success. Our employees have an impact in forging the direction for the future and driving market leading performance and financial results. We seek talented individuals that can contribute to their discipline, but also work to drive a common direction.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
New Product Introduction: * Work concurrently with design engineering to improve overall cost and efficiency of manufacture throughout the entire development process. Establish effective and efficient manufacturing processes, work instructions, and process control plans. Apply state-of-the art technology to meet increasingly competitive business needs.
Support new product development efforts with internal manufacturing, Contract manufacturing and process expertise.
Work within a team environment to plan, track, and report performance against schedule and cost budgets.
Estimates manufacturing costs, determines time standards, and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements for new or existing product lines.
Designs and implements new manufacturing processes.
Develop Bills of Material and Routings and other data as required to support the MRP system.’ Value Engineering / Cost reduction: * Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities through process, component and finished good re-design. Manufacturing support: * Support internal and contract manufacturing and all production processes including process improvements from a technical aspect. This includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of finished good bills of material, routings, and other MRP related data for existing products, performing process time studies when appropriate, working with others for process validation.
Investigate operational problems affecting production and dealing with them in a systematic, methodical manner.
Implements and analyzes manufacturing engineering plans and projects.
Provide disposition and corrective action for workmanship and material discrepancies.
BS/BA in Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
Must possess the demonstrated ability to effectively interface and proactively influence customers, both internal and external, and to work independently.
Fluent with Microsoft Office software package.
Able to read and create technical drawings. * CAD Skills using 2D (Autocad or DraftSight) and Solids (SolidWorks) modeling tools.
Working knowledge of document control systems (Agile) and MPR (Peoplesoft) desired.
Knowledge of basic sheet metal fabrication and basic metal working.
Preferred Additional Skills * Working knowledge and experience with PWA’s, Cables, Electronic assemblies and Contract manufacturing is highly desired.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing tools is preferable.
Requisition ID: 02171688 Job Locations: US-IL-Quincy Posted Date: 2/10/2017
Post a Job
Process Control - Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Job Description: s: Are you an experienced Manufacturing-Process Control Engineer looking to become a part of a newly formed Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team? Bard Manufacturing Company, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for you to help develop our process testing, automation/control system and manufacturing shop floor systems strategy. This is a newly created position and great opportunity for someone who has a passion for developing solutions and seeing them come to fruition. You will collaborate with product engineering in the development of our next generation of engineered products and manufacturing test methodologies. You will collaborate with our operations team to develop automation solutions to help improve throughput and efficiency through our manufacturing processes. You will develop, propose and implement ways to turn shop floor data collection into real-time information that is actionable for the operations team. This position will be located at our corporate office in Bryan, OH. For over 100 years, Bard Manufacturing Company has been a family owned and operated company, leading the HVAC industry in light commercial, educational, and telecommunications markets. With production facilities in Ohio, Georgia and Mexico, we service our customers both nationwide and internationally by designing and manufacturing cutting-edge engineered products. Scope and Responsibilities: Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: + Understand and enhance end-of-line production testing methods.
Evaluate new technologies to develop creative solutions to manufacturing challenges.
Collaborate with product engineering on design-for-manufacturability and assembly in the NPD process.
Develop and propose automation solutions to improve operational throughput and efficiency.
Develop electronic poke-yokes for the assembly process.
Manage capital projects. Required Experience: Education/Experience Requirements: The successful candidate will possess the following skills/abilities: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required, with controls/automation experience.
Experience with PLC based controls, HMI, robotics.
Experience with assembly automation and testing of highly engineered products.
HVAC product knowledge is a plus.
Knowledge and/or experience with shop floor execution systems or manufacturing execution software.
5 to 10 years’ experience in automation and controls integration.
Experience in a high mix production environment a plus.
Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing knowledge is desirable.
Ability to work well in a team environment across manufacturing plan and product engineering. Keyword: Advanced Manufacturing Engineer From: Bard Manufacturing
Manufacturing Systems Engineer
Job Description: s: THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD AND FUNDING Sigmatech has a potential openings for a Manufacturing Systems Engineer to apply expertise on Launch vehicle hardware designs and interfaces to provide technical analysis and assessments to the Government client. Will review engineering and program documentation and test and evaluation procedures to perform engineering analysis.
Will assist with identifying, managing, mitigating technical design and test risks and generate risk mitigation plans and strategies. Required Experience: Requirements include: - BS degree in systems engineering (MA/MS preferred) - 5+ years of experience with expendable Launch vehicles
5+ years of experience with manufacturing, engineering, and testing in related fields.
Experience performing systems engineering, test and validation /verification.
The ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required. The successful candidate will be offered a strong compensation and benefits package.
Sigmatech is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. Keyword: Manufacturing Systems Engineer From: Sigmatech, Inc.
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Manufacturing Process Engineer EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. CategoryEngineering Description Summary Responsible for evaluating existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve repeatability, and develop best practices within the production process. Develop or improve manufacturing processes to increase production rates, efficiencies, and reduce manufacturing costs. Create work instructions and assembly drawings for standard products and develop a standard documentation format with engineering. Coordinate the release Engineering Change Notifications (ECNs) with assembly drawings, material releases, and QA instructions. Create work instructions and assembly drawings for special and custom projects/orders. Verify critical assembly processes and inspection points with quality and process engineers. Work closely with the quality, production, and engineering departments. Responsibilities + Create assembly drawings and work instructions and control revision levels for standard and custom products based on engineering drawings.
Work with manufacturing engineer and assembly personnel on manufacturing flow improvements and modifications to assembly drawing and work instruction documents.
Update drawings and work instructions based on ECNs and maintain revision control. Update, release, and verify that current revisions of all relevant documentation are on the manufacturing floor.
Work with manufacturing and engineering to resolve assembly issues and ensure proper documentation is approved and updated.
Work with engineering and quality to ensure in-process assembly checks are detailed on assembly drawings, instructions, and/or assembly checklists.
Coordinate and communicate to the manufacturing department the release of ECNs including updates to any assembly drawings and work instructions prior to releasing the ECN to the floor.
Verify that shop floor documents are up to date with the latest revisions, material components received and Bills of Materials are updated, inspection personnel notified of changes, and QA checklists are up to date.
Develop various training materials and train and test employees to confirm effectiveness of training.
Develop, control, and manage all Standard Operating Conditions for all processes and all products produced at the facility.
Evaluate and improve processes in manufacturing systems (including manufacturing capability and production volume) that optimize all phases of production while maintaining and improving quality standards.
Design, install, and commission new production units and monitor modifications and upgrades.
Evaluate existing processes and configure manufacturing systems to reduce cost and improve reliability; troubleshoot existing processes and develop best practices within the production process.
Maintain production equipment documentation, troubleshooting documentation, best practices documentation, and production equipment upgrade records. Position Requirements Qualifications + Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Industrial Engineering preferred) and 2-5 years of experience + Experience with 3D modeling software (SolidWorks preferred) and willing to learn new software + Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) + Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to interact with all company functions including R&D, Engineering, Materials, Quality and Operations + Ability to effectively communicate ideas, concepts, and procedures to all levels within the organization, from employees on the shop floor to peers on cross-functional teams + Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within engineering field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals + Perform a variety of tasks working under general supervision LocationConcord Township, OH RemoteNo ShiftDays Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time Exempt/Non-ExemptExempt