Applications Engineer Manufacturing Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Applications Engineer Manufacturing
Software Engineer - Manufacturing Applications Maximo Job
Software Engineer will support the manufacturing application, IBM Maximo (v7. 5 and above), within the medical segment of the organization. As part of the medical device manufacturing application team, you will support Maximo s regulatory validated environment. This position will be responsible for:
- Supporting the delivery of Maximo s (v7. 5 and above) asset management capabilities including but not limited to maintenance, calibration, inventory, etc
- Implement a global enterprise IBM Maximo solution
- Must be able to make and secure strong business relationships and work cohesively with supporting teams
- Will be responsible for gathering requirements, creating functional specifications, technical specifications and required validation documentation
- Working with on shore/off shore development team for execution
- Working with the enterprise architecture and other IT teams for project execution Experience with SQL server and database experience (ORACLE, DB2 would be helpful)
- Understand how to work with regulatory validation
- Understand and create configurations within Maximo
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of two or more technologies preferred
- Experience with Maximo 7. 5 and above architecture, configuration, and implementation
- Experience with SQL server and database experience (ORACLE, DB2 would be helpful) or understanding of database technologies will be helpful
- Experience validating and documenting IBM Maximo configuration and development or understanding regulatory validation within similar technologies
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Manufacturing Applications Engineer With Prolink Resources
You may also apply directly at: http://tennesseeinterviews.com/job/manufacturing-applications-engineer-with-prolink-resources/
The position listed below is not with Tennessee Interviews but with Prolink ResourcesTennessee Interviews is a private organization that works in collaboration with government agencies to promote emerging careers. Our goal is to connect you with supportive resources to supplement your skills in order to attain your dream career. Tennessee Interviews has also partnered with industry leading consultants & training providers that can assist during your career transition. We look forward to helping you reach your career goals! If you any questions please visit our contact page to connect with us directlyJob DescriptionAn Applications Engineer position is available courtesy of Prolink Resources. This is a direct hire, full time and full benefits position with a leader in manufacturing services.DESCRIPTION:The primary responsibility ofthis position is to serve as a front end to pre-sale of the Company s automation solutions including the generation of quotations and meeting with customers to ensure the scope and specification of the project. This position quotes robotic welding and material handling solutions, dedicated welding and assembly machines. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate technical content of complex potential projects and develop tooling/system concepts for processing of customer assemblies.
- Determine feasibility of complex customer applications (welding or other) and complete application engineering tasks in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support to Sales, Engineering and Project Management departments.
- Accurately estimate material and labor costs required to produce the proposed equipment in a profitable manner.
- Estimate process, machinery and operator load/unload cycle times.
- Generate and review complex quotations for content and accuracy.
- Provide process expertise for Sales and Customer Support departments.
- Generate and present technical presentations to customers.
- Demonstrate understanding of the nature of the industry served and the available market.
- Exhibit a whole company perspective relative to system and solution specific opportunities.
- Assist engineers and other technical staff in design and development of products, systems, processes and equipment by analyzing technical challenges and working in accordance with customer specifications.
- When necessary, travel to the customer s site to assist in project or product development, working with engineering design specifications, objectives and standards.
- Attend post-project review meetings for the purpose of analyzing the successes and failures of projects with respect to profitability and technical satisfaction. REQUIREMENTS:
- BS degree in Engineering (or equivalent).
- 5+ years of experience with automation equipment and tooling.
- 3+ years of experience with robotic welding (arc, laser, resistance) and material handling applications
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook)
- Demonstrated skills with technical writing, communication and customer relations.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong math skills and the ability to handle both simple tasks and complex assignments.
- Ability to travel up to 15%. Company DescriptionProlink Staffing is a professional staffing and recruiting company. We specialize in providing flexible employment solutions within the manufacturing world, as well as companies that support numerous industries, throughout the country. We were founded by recruiting professionals who recognized the need for a personal touch in the industry. We truly listen to our candidates and clients, ensuring the right match every time.
Associated topics: cultivate, fertilize, forklift, fork lift, inventory, mow, plant, plant management, production management, watering
General Manager To Grow The OEM Applications Division Of Global Industrial Fans Manufacturer
*ROTATING EQUIPMENT*AIR/GAS HANDLING*
This is a unique General Manager opportunity with a global manufacturer of air and gas handling solutions.With full P&L responsibilities for their US light industrial business, this GM requirements are heavily weighted on the commercial side of the business (go-to-market strategy, sales leadership, pricing strategy, product portfolio strategy, etc.). With OEM applications business is poised for explosive growth.
Distilling the key requirements, our client is seeking a strong leader with:
- Experience establishing and executing commercial strategies to achieve significant growth
- Engineered-to-order products manufacturing experience with a solid mechanical engineering foundation
- Experience selling through distributor channel partners
- Talent for galvanizing, inspiring and leading high-functioning teams to achieve excellence.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and implement cycle time and cost reduction initiatives through continuous improvement (kaizen) events.
- Evaluate vendor proposals for new equipment and develop capital requests
- Develop and implement ergonomic changes in the manufacturing setting
- Work closely with product engineering in product changes/new product introductions
- Maintain test systems and optimize data collection from production validation testing
- Design and optimize manufacturing processes for the improvement of existing products and the launch of new products
- Create new standard work instructions and documentation for process and product changes as needed
- Provide technical support/training to direct labor employees
- Support New Product Development activity including PFMEA, Quality Control Planning, Measurement Systems design and deployment
- Lead troubleshooting activities for various process issues that arise
- Lead and participate in Problem Solving and Troubleshooting activity for the manufacturing cell,
- Initiate and drive Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and sustain corrective actions
- Champion continuous improvement activities
- BS in Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- 1-3 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- AutoCAD design skills a plus
- Working knowledge of Labview programming is a plus
- A continuous improvement mindset is critical
- Familiarity with ISO systems is a plus
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Manufacturing Engineer Summary:
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for launch activities as well as existing programs. This position interacts with the production associates as well as department managers and supervisors on all elements of plant operations.
- Manufacturing Engineer maintains and updates process books (keeping books current with production process).
- Develop and maintain process flow.
- Develop, lead and maintain PFMEA (Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis).
- Develop and maintain Operator description sheets.
- Develop and maintain Potential Ergonomics Issues List (PEIL analysis).
- Provide updates and maintain a current Plant Layout which matches the floor and supports strike zone workstations.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and work space for maximum efficiency.
- Implement best business practices as it relates to material flow and manufacturing processes.
- Provide technical support and evaluate and implement best business practices as it applies to value add and non-value add.
- Develop and maintain indirect material handling labor tool and balancing.
- Maintenance of a central database for plant layouts, process books, material handling labor tool, and other lean manufacturing documentation.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Complies with all Company Safety policies, procedures and rules.
Manufacturing Engineer Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Must have 4 years engineering experience in an automotive manufacturing setting.
- Excellent computer skills required (MS Office, AutoCad, etc.).
- Strong Leadership and Interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication, presentation, and teamwork skills – ability to write clear and concise technical documentation is required.
Manufacturing Process/Project Engineer
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- BS/MS in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Materials Science
- Strong background in both chemical processes/technology and/or mechanical/equipment areas
- Skilled in statistical process control methods (DOE / capability analysis / tolerances)
- Proven record of accomplishment showing significant business impact, leadership, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated implementation of lean principles or six sigma methodologies are a requirement (Six Sigma Green or Black Belt)
- 10+ years’ experience in a technical manufacturing environment with increasing responsibility
- Ability to maintain and establish open and productive relationships.
- Project Management Experience / certification is also desired
- Outstanding interpersonal and excellent communication skills are a must.
Manufacturing Execution System (Mes) Engineer
Avanceon is a premier provider of manufacturing technology solutions that helps our clients improve productivity, quality and sustainability. We started our business when MTV played music videos, a gallon of gas was under a dollar and control systems used “real” relays. As a result, we have seen a lot, done a lot, know a lot and have learned a lot of lessons that we can share with our customers and our team.
Avanceon is a team of talented, creative, and fun people. We provide a casual and flexible working environment that promotes our work hard / play hard motto. It is not uncommon to go from a customer meeting to a lunch time ping pong tournament or to reward yourself for a hard day of work with a drink in our kitchen.
Why Work for Avanceon?
Avanceon offers competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, and paid time off. However, the Avanceon difference comes from all of the additional benefits our associates enjoy:
- Casual dress code (jeans and sneakers are ok, and sometimes even flip flops!) with funds provided for cool new Avanceon threads
- Casual work environment where you have easy access to team leaders and friendly executives
- Flexible schedules and work from home opportunities, plus we’re family friendly; understanding when emergencies arise
- Above average paid time off (PTO) – earn up to 5 weeks in 5 years
- Diverse customers and industries makes for a variety of tasks, training, experiences, and certifications
- Recognition and awards given during a weekly company-wide celebration
- Easy opportunities to contribute to the community through our fundraising efforts
- PARTIES! We have ping-pong and corn hole (beanbag) tournaments, BBQs, social hour on Fridays, holiday parties, summer picnics, group outings (we escaped the room!), cocktail parties, and “anything else we can use for an excuse to party” parties
Avanceon’s successful Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and Manufacturing Execution System (MES) business unit (a.k.a. Pod 2) is recruiting an experienced MES engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate has worked with Wonderware System Platform along with Wonderware MES Operations, Performance, and Quality modules. However, candidates that have experience with other MES software packages or strong manufacturing process knowledge and SQL skills are also encouraged to apply.
MES engineers can wear many hats at Avanceon from sales support to project execution to training and mentoring of entry-level engineers. Roles and responsibilities are based on experience level, project requirements, and Pod needs. A full job description can be provided to candidates during the interview process, however, the following are common activities for experience MES engineers:
- Participate in requirements gathering and detailed design
- Complete programming and configuration tasks such as user interface development, data collection, reporting and SQL database development
- While not the primary focus of an MES engineer, PLC programming ability is highly desired as certain projects may require PLC interaction
- Support the creation and execution of Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) protocols
- Participate in onsite installation, commissioning and SAT execution
- Support creation and execution of validation protocols
- Provide startup support
- Develop proposals and cost estimates
- Participate in conference calls or site visits
- Develop and/or participle in internal training programs
- Attend external training and obtain industry certifications
- Support profitability and revenue goals
- Mentor new or entry level associates
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Provide occasional off-hours support for key customers
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies as dictated by project needs
- Speak, read and write fluently in English
- Superior computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Physically able to be mobile and work safely in an industrial environment
Post a Job
POSITION TITLE: Manufacturing Engineer
JOB TYPE: Salary Exempt Level 3
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
LOCATION: Blytheville, Arkansas
PERFORMANCE SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for designing and improving manufacturing processes & tooling essential to the organization in support of accomplishing safety, product integrity, service, cost, and lean manufacturing objectives.
- Carries out process improvement and problem resolution for various manufacturing systems.
- Perform process analyses to drive cost reductions, quality improvements, or improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Ensure manufacturing equipment & processes are in conformance with established policies/objectives.
- Maintain manufacturing methods, data base and engineering drawings; Maintain engineering document control per ISO procedures.
- Design and maintain equipment standards to all regulatory and safety requirements.
- Design tooling & fixtures to support manufacturing of various internal products.
- Ensure facility layouts are updated and maintained.
- Support manufacturing through training on equipment or process improvements.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the technology road map.
- Coordinates manufacturing launch of new or revised products including training of team members and results evaluation.
- Represents manufacturing/engineering on cross-functional teams.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Proficient in Microsoft Office; manufacturing & mechanical engineering skills; Six Sigma training preferred; ability to read, analyze and interpret drawings (GD&T), technical procedures and governmental regulations, 3D CAD experience preferred; tooling and process analysis; effective communication verbal and written in all directions; innovation; ability to work independently or in a project team environment and within a defined deadline; ability to utilize mathematical concepts to identify opportunities, manipulate data and solve problems.
Manufacturing / Process Engineer
One of my best clients is currently seeking a highly motivated manufacturing/process engineer with an eagerness to exercise and grow a career with an advanced manufacturing company in Western North Carolina.
WHAT WE NEED
This position is responsible for the application of engineering principles and analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products. Functions performed may include determining the machines, equipment, and tools, and the sequence of operations necessary to perform production and assembly operations; the design of production machines, test equipment and other plant equipment, and advising and assisting vendors with design problems about tools, gauges, and equipment designed for use in manufacturing. Knowledge of electronic components, assembly operations and programming of equipment used in the manufacturing of electronic devices are a benefit.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Handle day to day problems with processes, product, equipment, and documentation.
- Participate in designing and addressing specific problems with manufacturing processes, equipment, and products.
- Familiar with Shainin and Six Sigma practices.
- Compose and process documentation and process changes.
- Actively participate and represent Manufacturing engineering in new product designs.
- Write Standard Operating Instructions as required.
- Design tooling required for critical assembly, test, production, or inspection operations. Estimate design and fabrication times and costs for new tools.
- Investigate, develop, justify and compile costs and savings for new equipment/process implementation.
- Acquire new equipment/processes and act as coordinator, responsible for the project to make sure costs are met, schedules are maintained and the systems function as designed.
- Develop new processing techniques to reduce non-conformance and production costs. Responsible for implementation of lean manufacturing techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field required (i.e. Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical, and Industrial).
- Minimum five (5) years related experience required.
- Experience with process improvements in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with New Product Introduction.
- Some Mechanical Design background would be preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits Package
- Fast paced working environment
- Great Working Culture
- Innovative Technology
- Team That Truly Loves their work!
Post a Job