Applications Programmer Job Description Sample
Senior Level Applications Programmer / Web Programmer
Job Title: Senior Level Applications Programmer / Web Programmer
Location: Costa Mesa Office (on site, not remote)
Reports To: IT Manager
Summary of the Job: Evaluates, analyzes, and modifies the company’s record-keeping system and user experience interfaces. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains applications. Works on most phases of applications programming activities. Develops or modifies procedures to solve complex application programming problems, taking computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results into consideration. Works at the highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities. Work is highly independent and collaborative in nature. May assume a team lead role for the work group. Requires a bachelor's degree.
- High level of proficiency with relational database and application development and administration concepts and practices.
- High level of experience and proficiency in front- and back-end database development and administration technologies as detailed in the Experience paragraph below.
- Demonstrated ability to document database development and maintenance procedures for third party reference.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of written communications formats, business English, and composition.
- Knowledge of standard practices for ensuring security and confidentiality of information including Web-based security.
- High degree of sensitivity to protecting and maintaining confidential information.
- Required education and technology experience: BS degree in computers or related field. Technologies: Microsoft Based Solutions and Web Services.
Pay Range: $100,000 to $115,000 Annual
SaveDaily owns its proprietary financial services platform which has been in production for about three years, helping financial intermediaries succeed in bringing suitable and affordable investment services to everyday savers and investors. SaveDaily, through its financial services partners, has the capability of making virtually all mutual funds available to its clients. SaveDaily offers investments and record-keeping services to its intermediary partners, as well as directly to its clients through a variety of white-labeled interfaces. SaveDaily was incorporated in May 1999 in the state of California and is headquartered in Costa Mesa, California.
More information about SaveDaily can be found at www.savedaily.com
*No 3rd Parties Please*
SaveDaily owns its proprietary financial services platform, helping financial intermediaries succeed in bringing suitable and affordable investment services to everyday savers and investors. SaveDaily, through its financial services partners, has the capability of making virtually all mutual funds available to its clients. SaveDaily offers investments and record-keeping services to its intermediary partners, as well as directly to its clients through a variety of white-labeled interfaces. SaveDaily was incorporated in May 1999 in the state of California and is headquartered in Costa Mesa, California.
More information about SaveDaily can be found at www.savedaily.com
Applications Programmer – Entry Level
We are an IT department that supports and integrates multiple platform solutions. Our developers are part of the design, coding, and implementation phases of our solutions. We continuously interact with our business units to ensure our solutions are meeting their needs. We are a very agile and forward moving environment which rewards creativity when providing solutions.
Description – Entry Level will be working towards the following
- Design, code, test, debug, and document programs.
- Support/trouble shoot and modify existing systems.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs can be written.
- Analyze system or program problems and suggest solutions.
- Serve as a team leader on projects of limited difficulty.
- Train user area personnel on phases of systems implementation.
- Work on fairly complex assignments with limited supervision.
- ·Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Motivated to succeed while working in a great supportive environment.
Technical Skills: z/OS, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, CICS, MS Access, VB.net, MS Office, PHP, Assembler/BAL
Java, Word Press, SQL, JBoss, Java Script, DAP
The Applications Programmer is responsible for the overall success of each project assigned. They will implement computer system requirements by defining and analyzing system problems and designing and testing standards and solutions. This role will develop information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions. Additionally, this position will work closely with other departments to make sure each project is performed with quality, professionalism, and completed in a timely manner.
Duties and responsibilities
Engages in developing, refining, and enhancing features in our web-based EMR, PHR, and Enrollment systems
Assists with determining how a new system, upgrade, or new component can best meet the needs of users
Analyzes and documents client business requirements, as well as processes and communicates requirements by constructing conceptual data and process models
Provides application-troubleshooting support for systems
Manages, modifies, and administers databases. Ensures backups are functioning properly
Coordinates with outsource team to determine the methodological steps that are appropriate for an engagement
Writes and maintains accurate and current documentation regarding application(s) supported by the team
Documents and creates system specifications from user requirements
Other duties as may be assigned
Bachelor Degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or closely related fields
Minimum 2-3 years related working experience
Knowledge of Crystal Reports, a MVVM framework, Bootstrap, Angular, LT Admin, Chart.js is a plus
Ethics - Honest, accountable, maintains confidentiality
Reliability - The extent to which the employee can be depended upon to be available for work, do it properly, and complete it on time. The degree to which the employee is reliable, trustworthy, and persistent.
Sense of Urgency - Meets deadlines, establishes appropriate priority, gets the job done in a timely manner
Computer skills - Skilled with computers, takes advantage of new technology, learns new tools quickly, uses technology to enhance job performance
Innovation - Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for promoting creative, original thinking and applying it to existing and emerging situations.
Initiative - Takes action, seeks new opportunities, strives to see projects to completion
Problem Solving & Decision Making - Displays ability to define a problem, develops workable and realistic alternatives, and selects appropriate alternative to resolve problem. Decisions made are generally correct, and the time taken to make such decisions is reasonable.
Productivity - Manages workload, works efficiently, meets goals and objectives
Technical Skills - Maintains current understanding of technical processes/equipment, uses technology to increase performance/productivity
Dependability - Completes job assignment and projects with minimal supervision. Meets schedules and deadlines.
Physical, Mental, Environmental & Working Conditions
Moderate amount of walking, sitting, and writing. Moderate to significant amount of stress in meeting deadlines and dealing with day-to-day events in the execution of job duties. Need for flexibility and adaptability to change. Candidate must be self-disciplined and a self-starter and able to work independently with a flexible work schedule.
HealthOne's goal is to bring healthcare decision making back to the community with physicians and patients in control of their medical care.
Business Web Applications Programmer
Purpose and Scope of Job:
Primarily responsible for working with other business units and departments to assess and document applications both external and/or requiring connectivity to internal systems. Define user information technology needs, create development plans for new or current application systems, define system requirements, and perform related application programming and database resource work.
Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned):
· Performs complex systems analysis, technical file specifications, data mapping, data validation, data integration, system configuration, business rules development, testing, implementation and documentation.
· Creates clear documentation to support and transition new processes.
· Follow established company department standards and best practices.
· Stay abreast of industry trends and technologies
· Work independently and within the team structure
· Effectively communicate (verbal and written) with users, management and coworkers.
· Reports on integration status to management and stakeholders
· Provide time and resource estimates for assigned tasks
· Other duties as defined by management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Programming, Computer Technology or Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of experience in an object oriented language such as C+ or Visual Basic.
- Proficiency with SQL, Microsoft Office, and Excel.
- Proficiency with Windows IIS (Internet Information Server), Windows Networks, and Active Directory
- Experience with MS Visual Studio 2008 or .NET
- Must be fluent in English & Spanish. Some knowledge of Portuguese language preferred, but not required.
Work Conditions & Physical Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, to enter data into a computer terminal/typewriter; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds.
Applications Programmer II
The APWU Health Plan is seeking an Applications Programmer II. This position analyzes, designs and tests program logic, codes programs and documents system activity and processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
Develop accurate and efficient computer programs which includes assisting in the design of program logic for automated systems.
Develop and maintain documentation of programs.
Train users in efficient use of new transactions and in changes/enhancements to existing functions.
Build solutions based on specifications provided by the Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, user community and/or subject matter experts.
Work according to the direction of or project plans laid out by the Team Lead, Applications Development, Manager Application Development or their designee.
Code, test and document new programs and changes to existing applications.
Maintain current technical knowledge of standard languages, coding techniques, and operations requirements.
Meeting position standards with regard to productivity and quality.
Perform other duties as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION ARE:
Applicant must possess a minimum of 2 to 3 years current development experience using SQL, .Net or other programming language\tools.
Minimum 2 years experience with EDI Mapping software such as Biztalk, Actian, Pervasive or Sybase (EcMap).
Experience with proprietary and flat files a plus.
Familiarity and understanding of HTTP/FTP/SFTP concepts.
Experience with health insurance systems, claims processing systems, financial systems, budget and expense systems and utilization systems a plus.
Understanding development concepts under the Waterfall Programming Cycle and\or Agile development.
We offer health, dental, & vision insurance; 401(K); generous vacation leave; company paid pension. Please ensure all of the above requirements are clearly reflected in your resume or specifically addressed in your cover letter. Stated salary requirements are required for consideration. No relocation assistance available. Must pass criminal records check and drug screening prior to employment.
EOE M/F/D/V; Drug-Free Employer
Sr. Dod Applications Programmer Analyst
Kelly IT Resources has a 6 Month Contract-to-Hire Sr.
Applications Programmer Analyst role in Fort Walton Beach, FL.
We are seeking Programming Professionals who have strong development skills with C of at least 6 years of experience.
Qualified Candidates must be eligible to obtain Secret Security Clearance.
Experience with full stack development, end-to-end systems development is needed as well as a familiarity with web services, APIs, Microsoft SQL application integration, and User Interface middle tier integration.
Submit your resume below to get more details.
C# API web services Microsoft SQL apllication integration user interface .net design develop code
Applications Programmer II
- Develop accurate and efficient computer programs which includes assisting in the design of program logic for automated systems.
- Develop and maintain documentation of programs.
- Train users in efficient use of new transactions and in changes/enhancements to existing functions.
- Build solutions based on specifications provided by the Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, user community and/or subject matter experts.
- Work according to the direction of or project plans laid out by the Team Lead, Applications Development, Manager Application Development or their designee.
- Code, test and document new programs and changes to existing applications.
- Maintain current technical knowledge of standard languages, coding techniques, and operations requirements.
- Meeting position standards with regard to productivity and quality.
- Perform other duties as requested.
If you are interested in learning more about these exciting opportunities, please contact Elite Technical Immediately!!
- Applicant must possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years current development experience using SQL, .Net or C#, other programming language\tools.
- 3 years programming\mapping experience with 837, 834 (inbound & outbound), 835 and 278 (mapping tools include but not limited to Pervasive, Actian, Biztalk, Sybase (EcMap))
- Familiarity and understanding of HTTP/FTP/SFTP concepts.
- Knowledge and experience uniform electronic billing specifications processing 837I (Institutional) health care claims
- Experience within a health insurance organization is a MUST
- Claims processing systems, financial systems, budget and expense systems and utilization systems a PLUS.
- Understand development concepts under the Waterfall Programming Cycle and\or Agile development
Applications Programmer Sr Analyst - Fraud
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 18004725
Technical Application Owner responsible for design, test, document, implementation and support Fraud/IVR/Contact Center related solutions.
Lead/coordinate w/ the Vendor, Business App Owner and peripheral application teams for Change Requests, Projects or Incidents.
Proactively manage applications identifying risks, bottlenecks, issues, and concerns and orchestrate applicable mitigation actions.
Ensure Changes/Issue Resolutions/COB deliverables completed on time and to required standards and as per the design documentation.
Analytical skills to facilitate complex design work, advanced trouble-shooting, performance tuning and process improvement
Support/Lead Software Release coverage responsibilities requiring late night/weekend work.
Whenever needed, lead team in work assignments as well as resource capacity planning.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, or minimum of 5 years of experience in IT development preferably in IVR/Contact Center space.
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
Familiarity with Waterfall and Agile methodology and solid understanding of the SDLC process.
Quick learner able to apply technical knowledge to troubleshoot issues encountered and resolve issues independently
Detail-oriented, able to articulate complex topics clearly, results-oriented, exhibit a high level of professionalism, and exceptionally organized.
Have the ability to think in a structured manner.
Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to take direction, work independently, and skillfully coordinate/lead work with others.
Fraud knowledge/experience is a plus but not required.
Applications Programmer - Mainframe
As an Applications Programmer
- Mainframe with Frost, you will be responsible for formulating and defining system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding, to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. Responsibilities will include designing, coding, testing, debugging, and maintaining programs; writing specifications and developing coding for application programs; and preparing detailed specifications from which programs will be written. The candidate will resolve problems encountered by the user and keep management informed of any problems. *Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent working experience * 4 years experience in programming
Working knowledge in Common Business Oriented Language (COBOL) * Experience with Banking Deposit systems
Experience with ZOS system utilities such as SYNCSORT, IDCAMS, IEBGENER, IEBCOPY * Familiar with Text editor ROSCOE or TSO/ISPF * Experience with Customer Information Control System (CICS) * Ability to handle complex issues and challenges with minimal supervision
Preferred:**Familiar with FIS Core Banking Deposit Applications (IM/RM/ST/GN) * Afterhours support
Experience with DB2 * Working knowledge of PEP-ACH
Title: *Applications Programmer
Location:San Antonio-One Frost
Entry Level- Business Applications Programmer 1- Salt Lake City- Utah
Entry Level- Business Applications Programmer 1- Salt Lake City- Utah
Requisition ID: 17027888
Location(s): United States-Utah-Salt Lake City
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time The qualified applicant will perform software development and integration tasks as a member of Northrop Grumman Business Applications Services within IT Solutions.
In this role he/she will provide systems support of manufacturing and supply chain software applications for the Mission Systems Division production lines. Software applications are in-house developed and leverage a number of Oracle tools (e.g., Oracle Application Developer Framework and Oracle Forms) with some Java programming. Primary focus is on data acquisition and mining to facilitate and enhance the manufacturing and shop floor user experience.
The selected candidate will be part of a team of software developers reporting directly to the Business Application Services functional manager within the Enterprise Services and Corporate Strategy Office (ES&CSO), while also having “dotted line” accountability to the IT Program Director for the NGC Salt Lake City, Utah facility. Position responsibilities will include but are not limited to: • Work closely with the App Services lead developer in resolving all software related problems in the manufacturing area which have a direct impact on the Production line at the NGC Salt Lake City, UT facility. • Gather requirements for manufacturing software support needs from business partners • Support strategic planning of software tool usage through process development, automation and technology • Participate in routine maintenance of applications (apply and test patches, update service account passwords, address server and application vulnerabilities, support power outages and other off-shift maintenance activities, etc.) • Promote "Operational Excellence" through direct involvement with various enterprise initiatives and technology uplifts (data center migrations, infrastructure uplifts, OS and DBMS upgrades, business continuity and disaster recovery planning, etc.) May be able to work as an intern until May/June 2018 graduation. ESCSO
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below: • BS degree in Computer Science or related field with emphasis in information systems programming, algorithms and database precepts. • Working knowledge of software development fundamentals • Experience with Windows OS and MS Office suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) • Good oral and written communication skills • Proven ability to work independently or in teams
Title:Entry Level- Business Applications Programmer 1- Salt Lake City- Utah
Location:Utah-Salt Lake City
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!