Aquatic Performer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Aquatic Performer
Water Fitness Instructor – Caldwell – Aquatics
JOB OPENING ANNOUNCEMENT
Water Fitness Instructor – Caldwell – Aquatics
Water Fitness Instructors are responsible for instructing and observing participants in water fitness classes while maintaining a safe & healthy environment by ensuring adherence to YMCA policies and program standards. All YMCA employees are required to work autonomously within the Y core values of honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility.
|Starting Wage Range:||$13.11 - $16.38|
|Proposed Starting Date:||ASAP|
|Applicant must be at least 18 years of age or older. Must have YMCA WFI, AEA (Aquatic Exercise Association), or comparable certification prior to first shift. If you do not have the required certifications, please let us know so that we can discuss this process with you! YASA (Y Aquatic Safety Assistant, which includes CPR Pro/AED/BFA/O2) certification is mandatory within 45 days of hire. Please let us know if you need more information regarding the certification process. Successful applicants will demonstrate strong leadership and communications skills as well as the ability to work independently.|
|This position is part-time, 5-10 hours per week. Additional hours are available for sub shifts. Typical hours will fall within the hours of 8:00am-12:00pm and 5:00pm-7:00pm. Ideal applicants will be flexible with the ability to substitute for other instructors as needed.|
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time in a humid environment.
|Application Process:||All interested staff must submit a resume and a letter of interest stating your skills and knowledge that would qualify you for this position. |
External Candidates must complete an application and submit a resume. If you have any questions regarding the position please visit our website at www.ymcatvidaho.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Urgent Aquatics Jobs
We have multiple aquatics jobs posted in the link below. The following is a job description for our Lifeguard 1 position:
Under the direction and guidance of the aquatics supervisor and consistent with the mission and policies of the YMCA of Western North Carolina, the Lifeguard oversees the aquatic facility and aquatic activities to ensure the safety of all members and program participants. The Lifeguard is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of all areas in and around the pool. He/She is also accountable for knowing and properly executing all aquatic policies, procedures and duties.
Primary Duties (On the stand):
• Wear required uniform while on duty: lifeguard shirt, bathing suit and/or shorts, whistle, tube and fanny pack containing pocket mask, gloves and other first aid items, other items as instructed by the aquatics supervisor.
• Actively scan and maintain constant vigilance over aquatic area.
• Know and understand all aquatic policies and procedures, including the emergency action plan.
• Ensure the safety and protect the lives of each patron in the aquatic area at all times by enforcing all rules, policies and procedures.
• Be alert, diligent, and conscientious at all times.
• Display a professional, courteous, and tactful demeanor at all times. Always strive to display a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Continuously exhibit honesty, caring, respect, responsibility, reliability, flexibility, maturity, and good decision-making skills.
• Maintain harmonious rapport with staff, volunteers, members, and the general public at all times.
Secondary Duties (Off the stand):
• These are duties that can be completed while working a shift with adequate pool coverage or while you are off the stand.
• Maintain a high level of physical fitness and knowledge of all rescue and survival skills.
• Always report to duty on time and work all scheduled shifts. Find a qualified substitute and obtain approval from the immediate supervisor in the event that missing a scheduled shift is unavoidable.
• Attend and actively participate in all required aquatic staff training and meetings.
• Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the pool and surrounding areas by completing chemical tests of the pool water and performing required pool maintenance duties as routinely scheduled.
• Accurately complete and submit all safety and maintenance records concerning the pool area and usage of the pool as outlined in the Lifeguard Manual.
• Inspect and maintain all emergency equipment (Shepherd's Crooks, ring buoys, rescue tubes, etc.) and other pool equipment and inform the aquatics supervisor and/or Properties Director immediately of any necessary equipment repairs.
• Always champion the YMCA culture and Activate America. Continually provide outstanding customer service, and strive to develop committed members and program participants. Actively participate in membership retention and appreciation efforts when applicable.
• Assist in membership retention by interacting and building relationships with members and guests.
• Initiate communications with the aquatics supervisor as necessary concerning program problems, personnel conflicts, and member concerns.
• Perform other duties as required by the aquatics supervisor.
• Remain alert without lapses in consciousness for extended periods of time.
• Physically perform all necessary rescue and survival skills.
• Swim 500 yards, tread water for two minutes, and perform shallow front dives, head and feet-first surface dives.
• Lift 50+ lbs. from the floor and 200+ lbs. in rescue situations.
• Quickly and safely move to various locations in and around the pool area.
• Sit for extended periods of time, including in an elevated chair.
• Ascend and descend ladders.
• Communicate verbally with good voice projection and clarity.
• Hear noises and distress signals in an aquatic environment. (Significant background noise may exist in the aquatic environment.)
• Observe all areas of the aquatic area including pool deck, water surface and pool bottom.
• Lifeguards must be 16 years of age or older, preferably with previous lifeguarding experience.
• Lifeguards must hold and maintain the following certifications:
• CPR for the Professional Rescuer
• Standard First Aid
• Automated External Defibrillation ~ AED
• American Red Cross and YMCA Lifeguard are accepted for hire.
• YMCA Lifeguard certification is preferred.
• Emergency Oxygen Administration ~ O2 (or within 90 days)
The YMCA of Western North Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to sex, race, color, age, creed, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, uniformed service member, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances. No question on our application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Testing of job-related skills may be required prior to employment
Premier Aquatics is seeking a full-time aquatic manager for one of our South Orange County locations. The Aquatics Manager is responsible for all operations relating to the utilization and use of a complex’s aquatic facilities to promote the safety, convenience and enjoyment of all users, as well as supervise and oversee a thriving learn to swim program. The role of the aquatic manager include participating in the development of programs; handling various swimming activities and maintenance and supervision of the aquatic facilities. Aside from running a busy swim program, the aquatic manager needs to be comfortable being trained in operation and maintenance of pumps, motors, and other swimming pool equipment.
The aquatic manager oversees and participates in the daily scheduling and operations of swimming pool activities and events, including supervision of lifeguards, swim instructors, and admin staff. He/She initiates cleaning and daily maintenance of pool and other related facilities, including maintenance, repairs and adjustments; handles personnel training sessions in subjects related to the aquatic field; participates in the organization and promotion of swimming programs; teaches and supervises various swimming activities such as learn-to-swim classes, swimming techniques, individualized and group lessons, swim clinics, water sports, special events or occasions, recreational and public swimming, diving lessons and other activities; is responsible in managing the collection of daily revenues for the aquatics department; monitors attendance; conducts and analyzes water tests and readings; coordinates and prepares clean up and maintenance of the aquatic facility in weather situations such as storms or hurricanes an performs various duties related to aquatic activities.
Education and Training Requirements
A bachelors degree or at least three years work experience in aquatics is required. He/she needs to be trained in CPR, AED and First Aid, and must be willing to go through the training process to train lifeguards and other facility staff. The aquatic manager will need certificates such as a water safety instructor’s certificate, a lifeguard training certificate, a current Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatic Facility Operator (APO).
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
A professional attitude is needed to be a good aquatic manager. Candidates need to be physically active and have good interpersonal and team work skills. Candidates should possess leadership abilities, analytical skills, initiative and motivation and good communication skills.
Work is performed indoors and outdoors and involves personal contacts with the general public. Work schedule of an aquatic manager is highly irregular and may involve evening and night work. Holiday work is expected. Work may involve exposure to harmful chemicals
Salary is competitive and will be dependent on applicants experience, and includes health coverage and a 401k retirement plan.
At Premier, we pride ourselves on providing our clients with the best aquatics program and health and safety training classes in Orange County. Our team members are highly trained and experienced in their designated fields and are also certified by the American Red Cross standards in Lifeguarding, CPR/AED, and First Aid.
Program offerings include private and public swim school programs, CPR/AED and First Aid courses, and Lifeguard Services. In addition, Premier is an Authorized Service Provider for the American Red Cross Health and Safety Division.
Swim Lessons, Lifeguard Services, Health and Safety Services, CPR/AED and First Aid Courses, and Lifeguard Certifications
Lifeguard - Aquatics Specialist
Meadowood Senior Living, near Lansdale, has the following opportunities in Fitness & Wellness:
Aquatics Specialist, Full Time Days and PT Lifeguards Evenings and Weekends. CPR/AED certification, Lifeguard certifications from recognized certifying authorities: The American Red Cross, Jeff Ellis and Associates, Lifeguard-Pro, YMCA, The Boy Scouts of America, Starfish Aquatics Institute, or National Aquatic Safety Company. Meadowood is a smoke free community. Meadowood offers: Health/Dental/Vision Insurances to FT staff, Retirement Savings Plan, Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays to FT staff, Job Security, Continuing Education, Trainings, Free Fitness Membership. Uniforms provided. Contact Jim Mangol at email@example.com or mail resume to Meadowood, P.O. Box 670, Worcester, PA 19490. Visit our website at www.meadowood.net for more information. EOE.
Arthritis Aquatics Aide
The Arthritis Aquatics Aide oversees the Arthritis Aquatics classes. The Aide also performs minor housekeeping tasks to maintain the activity areas in a clean orderly fashion.
Aquatic Technical Sales Representative
Sunbelt Pools is seeking a Tulsa, OK based Technical Sales Representative for the aquatics industry. Sunbelt is a large commercial aquatic contractor along with distributor of major brands and service company. Most our customers are municipalities, YMCA’s, and universities. This individual must have a working knowledge of the maintenance and operation of large aquatic facilities and the ability to use that knowledge. The Sales Representative must be able to work independently much of the time and as a team for larger installations and services.
This position requires travel across Oklahoma. Even though majority of our customers are in the Oklahoma City and Tulsa areas we do have many customers across the state. This position is suited for an individual that can work in remote parts of the state with little assistance. Also, requires an individual that can also perform installations and service equipment
Aquatic Technician - April 2017
Still Hiring for Dayton Ohio Area! Seeking a Seasonal Full-Time Aquatic Technician, in the Dayton Ohio area, who enjoys working in the great outdoors with boats and motors, four-wheel drive trucks, John Deere Gators and other equipment, can talk effectively with customers about their lakes and ponds, have decent math skills and take pride in their work. The main responsibilities of this position are treating aquatic vegetation and algae at established accounts, surveys, and generating new leads for new accounts. Other duties include assisting with fountain and aeration installations, along with maintenance/trouble shooting systems, fish stocking of bass, bluegills, catfish and grass carp, water clarification and planting of natural aquatic vegetation. Mechanical aptitude and experience with trailers a plus. We are looking for a highly motivated individual that works well on their own, yet is a strong team player.
Valid, clean Ohio drivers license, pass a background check and drug test, high school diploma, reliable transportation to and from work, college helpful but not required, experience in lawn service or pest control very helpful, ability to read and interpret herbicide labels, operating procedures, and safety rules, possess good time management and organizational skills.
We Provide: Excellent 90-day training program with assistance in preparing for required state certification test, competitive compensation, generous vacation and holiday schedule, 401k program, medical insurance, uniform allowance, quarterly performance bonus, year-end bonus based on Company performance and numerous other benefits.
About OUR COMPANY: Since 1979 we have been a national leader in providing water management services in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, Ohio and the Carolinas. We have become one of the largest companies of our kind with a top-notch reputation among our customers, suppliers, competitors and regulators. The employees of our company all take pride in contributing to our continuing growth and success! SEND RESUME AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB. Make the right move and apply today!
Since 1979 The Lake Doctors has been a national leader in providing aquatic water management services to customers in Florida, South Carolina, Ohio, Georgia and Alabama. Our services include aquatic weed control, terrestrial and ditch bank control, installation of fountains and aeration systems, water clarification, aquascaping, fish stocking, water testing. As one of largest companies of this type, its employees take great pride in contributing to the success of thecompany. Visit our website at www.lakedoctors.com to find out more about us.
Medical Sales Representative With Onetoone Physical Therapy And Aquatics
You may also apply directly at: http://floridainterviews.com/job/medical-sales-representative-with-onetoone-physical-therapy-and-aquatics/
The position listed below is not with Florida Interviews but with OneToOne Physical Therapy and Aquatics
Florida Interviews is a private organization that works in collaboration with government agencies to promote emerging careers. Our goal is to connect you with supportive resources to supplement your skills in order to attain your dream career.
Florida Interviews has also partnered with industry leading consultants & training providers that can assist during your career transition. We look forward to helping you reach your career goals! If you any questions please visit our contact page to connect with us directly
Job DescriptionWe are a cutting edge physical medicine and rehab company that offers a variety of medical services. Physiatry, physical therapy, occupational therapy, EMG/NCS, joint and soft tissue injections, headache management, balance disorders, aquatic therapy and more.
We are an innovative team of medical professionals that are offering something very unique to Internal Medical doctors, Neurologists, Rheumatologists, orthopedic surgeons and more. Our team of physicians, nurse practitioners and therapists work together to create an awesome patient experience. We offer comprehensive management of patients who suffer from pain with a holistic, hands on approach without use of narcotics.
We also offer our services to Personal Injury attornies as well. This position will offer the right person an opportunity to make relationships with doctors and attornies. If you are truly interested in other people and enjoy building relationships, we are an ideal fit.
You must have at least 3 years experience in Medical Sales and have a hustle type attitude. We are looking for someone that understands the harder they work, the more money they can make. If thats you, send your resume ASAP.
Company DescriptionAre you ready to take your career to the next level?
One to One Physical Therapy & Aquatics is a place where you will enjoy the challenges of meaningful work and find all of the resources you need to explore different opportunities. Our commitment to high ethical standards, organization and caring makes us the premier physical therapy facility you will want to work for. Our goal is to have a fun and exciting atmosphere that both patients and our staff love coming to everyday.
At One to One Physical Therapy & Aquatics we live by the philosophy of helping people and being a positive part of their recovery. Our company has grown exponentially since its beginning and we are looking for the right people that want to join our team and continue to grow with us. Those people must share in our ideals and beliefs that helping our patients is our number one priority. As a result, our therapists get one on one time with their patients, which we know is valuable to patient outcomes.
Associated topics: foot, joint, ortho, orthopedic, orthopedic surgery, reconstructive, spine, surgeon, surgery, trauma
Post a Job
Aquatics Specialist / Lifeguard
At Valleyfair, we're only minutes from the Twin Cities. Whether you're looking for a summer job or a full-time career, we can offer a unique opportunity to have fun, work hard and build relationships that will last a lifetime.
Monitor safety and assist guests in Soak City Waterpark.
Ability to complete training and meet the standards of the Ellis & Associates International Training Program, including First Aid & CPR certifications, Swim Rescue, and Spinal Injury Management.
Valleyfair absorbs the costs involved with training and certifying lifeguards.
Maintain Valleyfair's high standard of cleanliness throughout the property including but not limited to park common areas, walkways, park restrooms, associate locker rooms and restrooms.
Minimum age: 16 When you join our team, you'll receive competitive compensation, flexible scheduling, access to all of our Parks for the summer, an associate discount, opportunities to earn free tickets for friends & family, great training, learning opportunities and advancement potential.
Associated topics: camp, camp counselor, counselor, lifeguard, middle school, music, program, residential, unit, youth
Post a Job
Exp Level: Min 10+ Years of exp
- 10+ years in performance testing with a focus on complex enterprise systems.
- 10+ years as a Performance Test Architect responsible for developing test strategies, designing, planning and executing performance tests in the public sector industry
- 10+ years using HP Load Runner toolset to conduct performance testing.
- Extensive knowledge of network technologies
- Extensive knowledge of performance test criteria (Variance, repetition, capacity limitations, impacts of performance to adjacent systems, etc.)
- Knowledge of RDBMS and data structures used in Oracle, MS-SQL et DB2
- Knowledge of SOAP et XML protocols
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Java application development.
- Possession of Performance Test Certifications
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (Masters degree in a technical or mathematics discipline preferred)
- Compile performance requirements and ensure that all performance requirements are clearly documented, understood and approved before test execution begins.
- Compile performance testing risk assessment in coordination with business and technical stakeholders.
- Plan entire performance testing effort including test cycles, resources and schedule. Coordinate with Project Manager to ensure that performance testing is integrated into overall project schedule.
- Coordinate with the application and technical architecture teams for supporting team roles, responsibilities and resource requirements.
- Determine all testing environment requirements and tools.
- Review the defect management process to ensure that defect tracking (identification, fixing, re-testing and migration of defects) is properly addressed. If not, define the defect tracking process and incorporate it into the performance testing process.
- Plan, prepare and execute all performance tests for identified areas at risk.
- Drive defect resolution management in coordination with technical architects and extended business and technical teams.
- Conduct performance diagnostic and tuning activities, as required.
- Collects and analyzes monitoring data in test and production to quickly determine root cause of performance issues.
- Leads discussions with teams of technical architects, developers and operations tech support specialists to drive performance issue resolution.
- Manage timelines and work plan throughout test plan development and test execution to ensure that testing is on time and within budget.
- Measure and monitor progress during each test to ensure that the application is tested and validated on time and within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations.
- Performance testing with a focus on complex enterprise systems. Required 10 Years
- Expertise in planning, designing and execution of complex performance testing strategies required 10 Years
- HP Load Runner toolset to conduct performance testing required 8 Years
- Expert knowledge of performance test criteria (Variance, repetition, capacity limitations, impacts of performance to adjacent systems, etc.) Required 10 Years
- Expert knowledge of network technologies and performance capabilities. Required 10 Years
- Extensive knowledge of RDBMS and data structures used in Oracle, MS-SQL et DB2 Required 8 Years
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required 5 Years
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required 5 Years
- Performance Test Certifications Required
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (Master’s Degree in a technical or mathematics discipline preferred) required
- Developing programs in a Java Development environment Required 5 Years