Arbor Press Operator I Job Description Sample
Experienced Press Operator And/Or Press Operator Apprentice
Prime Package & Label Co., LLC (an equal opportunity employer and established label printing company) is looking to hire an experienced press operator.
401K, health and dental insurance, paid vacations and holidays.
Please provide resume.
Prime Package & Label’s mission is to create customer loyalty by providing complete customer satisfaction through 100% on time delivery of top quality labels at the lowest cost. We will accomplish this goal through continuous improvement in the areas of quality, product development, productivity, safety, waste reduction and customer focus.
Brake Press Operator
Brake Press Operator with Fecon in Lebanon, OH
Do you excel at operating CNC machines? Can you edit a CNC program to deliver quality parts? Do you enjoy working in a positive, energetic team environment? If so, we want you to join our team!
Fecon is a leading manufacturer in the Forestry and Construction Industries for track carriers and attachments. Our international headquarters is located in Lebanon, Ohio and is home of the Bull Hog® mulcher. Fecon is continually adding to and advancing our robust product line. In fact, we’ve recently added an additional 40,000 square feet of manufacturing space. There’s room for you to come and join this company on the move.
A Brake Press Operator uses an electrically powered industrial machine to create, shape and customize metal material into a variety of forms dictated by the manufacturer. We are looking for a Brake Press Operator to join our 1st or 2nd Shift manufacturing team. The successful individual will perform machine setup and operation. This position will also be responsible for the following activities:
- Sets stops on machine bed, change dies, and adjust components, such as ram or power press, when making multiple or successive passes.
- Operates power press, power brake, apron brake, swaging machine, foot-powered press, hydraulic press or arbor press according to specifications.
- Installs, aligns and secures gears, holding fixtures, dies to machine bed, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims and hand tools.
- Plans sequence of operations, applying knowledge of physical properties of the metal.
- Inspects workpiece for defects.
- Measures workpiece and verifies dimensions and weight, using micrometer, template, straightedge and scale.
- Selects and positions flat, block, radius, or special purpose die sets into ram and bed of machine, using hoist, crane, measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Maintain the machinery and keep the work area clean and orderly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology, preferred
- 2+ years previous experience with CNC machining
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, drawings, and machine sketches
- Ability to edit G-code programs for CNC machines, preferred
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to operate overhead cranes and jib cranes
This is an exciting opportunity to do something extraordinary: join a growing team that produces great equipment in the USA that is used around the world. Come join us by applying online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third party candidates or phone calls.
Turret Set Up / Operator Brake Or Press Set Up / Operator
- Setup/program CNC turret OR brake press to perform operations in appropriate order to machine parts to specifications following routings, job tickets and blueprints.
- Operate turret or brake presses to form, bend, punch and notch.
- Inspect/check product in accordance with procedures using gauges and measuring tools to ensure print specifications and quality standards are maintained.
- Timely and accurate completion of required paperwork on inspection and operations (job tickets, scrap and daily production records etc).
- Stack and move material as required.
- Make adjustments to machines to maintain dimensional specifications and rework parts as necessary.
- Replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safe operations (machine guarding, proper operation of machinery for safe operation, etc.).
- Train and assist operator as needed on difficult jobs or unusual work instructions and to adjust or re-set work.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures in including safety and attendance requirements.
- Maintain meet or exceed rating on all performance evaluations.
- Participate in activities to improve overall departmental processes and product quality.
- Other duties required to meet company needs as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Knowledge and
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Must possess reading/writing and communicate in English.
- Use micrometers, depth gauges, verniers, layout tools and various hand tools.
- Shop Math.
- Ability to stand and/or walk and use hands 100% of the workday.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and/or twist 50% of the workday.
- Ability to exert physical force to push, pull, lift, and/or carry 50 pounds occasionally.
Brake Press Operator Or Punch Press Operator
Break press operator or punch press operator
metal fabrication machine shop
Us citizen or green card
High school diploma or GED is require
first-SHIFT (6am- 2:30 PM)
overtime as needed
Location: North Hollywood, California
(818) area code
salary: $17-18 per hour
direct hire with benefits - health insurance and 401K
Work 22, a Los Angeles, Ca.-based employment agency, recruites candidates for both direct hire and temp to hire Southern California jobs and nationwide searches in the following fields: manufacturing, engineering, aerospace, warehouse, and office. This is a free service for job seekers.
CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator
We are looking for a CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator for a company near Delhi (Cincinnati). We have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts available. This is a long-term opportunity, with room for growth. Ideal candidates will be able to set up machine, and edit programs as needed. Programming experience is a plus, but isn't required.
CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator
- Responsible for operation, proving programs, operating controls, setting all machine functions, deburring and inspection of parts to assure conformance will be required.
- Must be able to work from drawings and sketches, read and understand manuals/specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
- Skilled in organizing work area before and after parts are processed, stacking completed parts properly on blocks or pallet to eliminate double handling and work efficiently
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine within capabilities. Reports all machine malfunctions to Management.
- Ability to calculate, blank sizes, bend locations, appropriate tonnage and tooling for each part being formed
- Communicates with management, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues
- May perform other duties as assigned by management
- Fork lift experience needed.
CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator
- At least 1 year of experience with a CNC brake press
- Ability to set up machine and edit programs as needed
- Open to OT work as needed
- Ability to read blueprints
CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator Compensation: Up to $19/hr. based on experience
Digital Press Operator - HP Indigo Press Operator -
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* KEEN EYE TO DETAIL IS A MUST!
* Prepares and produces orders on Indigo print press.
* Ensures Indigo printed color matches
* intended color; makes correct press adjustments and/or communicates to prepress what adjustments are required to successfully match colors to samples as needed.
* Assesses multiple proofing options and compares with Indigo printing results.
* Trouble-shoots challenging orders/projects.
* Interacts with, die-cutters, prepress, rewinders, folder gluers, and planners.
* Follows published schedule.
* Maintains equipment, cleanliness and organization of department.
* Understands and prepares paperwork related to order/project.
* Lifts and maneuvers product weighing as much as 75 pounds.
* Logs in and out of shift – documenting the Indigo impression meter count each day.
* Moves stock/substrates to and from Indigo presses.
* Contacts HP for assistance when appropriate.
* Coats printed product to meet customer requirements as needed.
* Performs other job duties as assigned.
* Must pass Indigo qualification test and annual recertification test.
* Must demonstrate understanding of department and company documentation, including policies and procedures.
* Must demonstrate understanding of material options and their impact on results.
* Must demonstrate understanding department workflow and production methods.
* Must demonstrate ability to perform the preventive maintenance required on Indigo press.
* Must be able to perform arithmetic including fractions, ratios, and decimals.
* Must be able to troubleshoot machine mechanical issues.
* Must demonstrate understanding of color relationships (theory).
* Must be proficient in use of GMAIL, Word, and Excel software.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, suppliers, and clients.
* Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor focusing on desired outcomes during challenging and stressful periods and projects
* Must demonstrate a proactive, creative approach to projects and the potential difficulties they may present.
* Must be dependable and consistent.
* Must demonstrate understanding of and follow safety, maintenance, and quality procedures.
* Must possess the organizational skills necessary to process documentation accurately.
* Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
* Must be able to maintain good attendance.
* Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
* Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Press Brake Operator
Supports company operations by operating to quality standards for manufacturing processes, materials, and products.
Job Duties: (but are not limited to):
- Set up and operate mechanical/hydraulic brake press
- Programming knowledge
- Forms material by holding, guiding material into brake press
- Measures material and stacks parts and pallets
- Checks material thickness for accuracy
- Selects proper tooling to perform the job; responsible for storing tooling appropriately
- Checks incoming material to blueprints to assure quality parts
- Keeps Supervisor informed of any machine or quality problems
- Must have ability to operate overhead cranes and forklifts
- Checks parts to assure producing quality parts
- Knowledge of blueprint reading is required
- Must be safety conscious with good housekeeping practices
- Excellent mathematical skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment is required
- Meet established deadlines
- Good organizational skills are required
Programming parts, setting up jobs, and running the CNC brake press. Must be able to read prints. Knowledge of forming Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, Galvanized, and Aluminum is required. Good organizational skills, machine shop experience, mechanical aptitude, and desire to succeed. Programming knowledge preferred, but not necessary.
Flexographic Press Operator
Continental Datalabel is one of the top five manufacturing companies in the United States in our field. We are a specialized converter of laminated paper products which has been in business for over 40 years. Our corporate headquarters is located in the Northwest Chicago suburbs; we have additional facilities in New York, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. Continental has an excellent opportunity for a press operator.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Process job on press based on work order requirements.
- Ensure machine is running efficiently and that job is completed in accordance with work order requirements.
- Mount paper, dies, and plates.
- Set punch unit and change perfs.
- Adjust inks and paper.
- Verify order materials are ready for job completion.
- Make boxes, package product, and label as required.
- Maintain an organized, safe, clean, and efficient work area.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Suggest and participate in implementation of changes to improve the organization.
- May explain and offer guidance on routine procedures.
- Move vectra/ folder.
- Set up ink tray or pump.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate basic level of speech, reading, writing, and comprehension skills in English.
- Must have basic math and mechanical skills.
- High school diploma or GED is required, with an Associate’s or vocational / technical school degree preferred in this or a relevant field. Some experience may substitute for education.
Forging Press Operator
Milwaukee Forge, LLC is a full service forging manufacturer dedicated to the production of steel forged components. Our expertise in forging and engineered services sets us apart from our competition, making us an outstanding career choice. We are currently seeking Forging Press Operator candidates with experience in an industrial setting.
We are seeking workers who are qualified and/or willing and able to learn how to operate a Forging Press on 1st or 3rd shift. We require the ability to perform basic machine set up. This position has a starting wage of $15.00 an hour which can quickly grow to $18.48 - $20.36 an hour.
Press Operator Trainee
REPORTS TO: Shift Supervisor
Will be trained to operate all production machines and feed equipment, including transfers, according to Specifications, Machine Operating Instructions, and the Part Control Plan. Fill out Hour-by-Hour Charts with shift information and problem identification information.
- Lift, load, and unload parts in a manufacturing machine, utilizing proper containers and packaging according to the Part Control Plan.
- Observe machine operations, for position of work pieces and abnormal movements or sounds which may indicate a process or equipment problem.
- Operators must stop machine with Top/Emergency Stop Buttons and/or Main Power and then report malfunction to the Zone Leader.
- Assist in the set-up of dies, fixtures, or tools at the assigned work center.
- Set production machines and support equipment in accordance with the Part Control Plan and Set-up Sheet.
- Check parts for non-conformance in accordance with the Part Control Plan.
- Follow all Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain clean and safe working conditions throughout the plant.
- Participate in continuous improvement and waste reduction activities.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, quality of product, and safety.
- Assist in identifying and resolving manufacturing problems through team involvement.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum of six (6) months related experience.
Errors could result in high monetary losses if machines or dies are damaged and adversely effect
the Company’s relationship with Customers.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
Duties are of a routine and repetitive nature involving the operation of various production
CONTACT WITH OTHERS
Must be able to communicate and interface well with Shift Leaders on a routine basis and be
conscious of the effects responsibilities have on other departments.
MENTAL OR VISUAL DEMAND
Mental and visual demand are not normally of a burdening nature, however some heavy physical
labor may be required at times.
Exposed to regular plant conditions with dirt, oil, noise, and fumes. Would not always be
considered desirable conditions.
Under direct supervision of the Shift Leader.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!