Arbor Press Operator I Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Arbor Press Operator I
Screen Printing Press Operator (Auto/Manual Press - Textiles)
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
Do you look at a blank t-shirt and see a blank canvas? Do you have professional screen printing experience specifically on textiles? We're looking for a crafty individual with a meticulous and trained eye to help us make the best shirts ever. In your spare time you can be found at your local MakerSpace, sewing Comicon costumes, or frequenting local street fairs peddling & purchasing handmade merch. The ideal candidate is reliable, pays close attention to detail, and cares about the finished product. You must be motivated to produce high volumes of great prints and will do so on our M&R presses with Tri-Loc registration systems using plastisol & water-based inks. If you are driven by results, focus on procedures, and want to have an impact on a fast-paced team, while fighting for better, then let's get started.
Kotis Design is a screen printer, promo product peddler, graphic design firm and warehouse/fulfillment center; but most of all - we are brand evangelists. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising that in the end we always make the Best Shirts & Swag Ever. For 6 of the last 7 years we've been named one of the Fastest Growing companies in Washington and now we are expanding to Ohio. Merchandise we've created can be found coast-to-coast on the backs of college students and corporate execs alike.
Auto Press and Manual Press Operator Responsibilities
- Operate screen printing press including set-up, printing & tear down of jobs with attention to detail, quality of print, accuracy and speed.
- Read and complete work orders accurately.
- Identify and troubleshoot common screen printing problems.
- Clean equipment including removing ink from screens, squeegees, press & tools.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area at all times as well as promoting safety and cleanliness.
- Provide leadership for production assistants to ensure that they are performing tasks in an efficient and productive manner.
- Maintain equipment as required and notify management of any maintenance or repairs required.
- Miscellaneous tasks could be assigned such as exposing or cleaning screens, counting or stacking garments, mixing or modifying inks as production requirements dictate.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 30lbs at times
- Regularly stand for long periods of time while reaching with hands and arms
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to warm or cold weather. The noise level in the work environment is often loud.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 1+ years printing press experience may be substituted by comparable work experience
- Capable of remaining calm and composed under pressure. Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong attention to detail, and eye for quality control
- Problem solving ability
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Specific vision abilities include sharp vision, focus, depth perception and ability to identify colors
- Can quickly perform common math skills such as multiplying in dozens or calculating production rates
- Ability to read, write and comprehend complex written or oral instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English
Kotis offers a competitive benefit package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) with match with Roth and Traditional options
- Robust PTO program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Advancement opportunities
- Energetic and fun work environment with a dynamic culture
- Bonus system based on production
- 1st shift or 2nd shift - hours of employment will be based on preference and availability
- 1st shift : (5:30 AM - 2:00 PM)
- 2nd shift : (1:30 PM - 10:00 PM)
Stamping Punch Press Operator
- Performs typical progressive die and press operations
- Setup and remove tooling
- Observe press in operation and make adjustments to control rate of production
- Monitoring equipment/tooling during production stamping to ensure it is working properly. i.e. watching gages, dials, etc.
- Quality inspections during production runs
- The use of micrometers, calipers, etc. to inspect/measure/visually inspect parts to ensure they conform to specifications
- Includes making minor repairs/maintenance such as oiling and cleaning up around the press when complete
- Communicating clearly and concisely with the supervisor, other production personnel and quality personnel when a problem arises
- Accurately complete a job routing ticket, data chart, time sheet etc.
- Maintain and accurate count of parts
- Assist in setting up steel coil on larger presses
- Possible second shift during peak production periods or as needed
- Extended period of standing while operating press and running production
- Follow all prescribed safety regulations i.e. PPE (safety glasses/hearing protection) etc.
- Safely handle scrap during and after production run
- Keep are clean and organized in a 5S manner
- May assist in training of other employees as required
- When applicable, use computers for data entry in MRP or spreadsheet in a specified and appropriate manner
- The employee is exposed to high noise levels from operating machine
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Potential hazards from moving equipment and machine parts, nuisance dust, and skin exposure to cutting and drawing oils
- The employee is required to stand, walk, pull and bend to the floor
- 2+ years of setup and operator experience
- Education – High School or equivalent
- High school or equivalent
- Metal Stamping: 2 years
- Worked with Steel Coils: 2 years
- Press Operator: 3 years
Setup and operate Press Machinery with minimum supervision.
Tools and Equipment
45 ton Bliss Press, 33 ½ Ton Ferracute Press, 75 Ton Minster Press, 250 Ton Cincinnati Press, and Various Feeding Systems, IronWorker, Shear, Shotblaster, Pemserter, Multi-tapper and drill presses.
Employee needs to work with verniers, gauges, calipers, comparator, jigs, and fixtures and safety equipment.
Steel, brass, bronze, copper, aluminum, micarta, plastics, cast iron and castings.
Working Procedures and/or Responsibility Assigned
The following are the usual major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent, nor the question being raised on the proper rate of pay for the assignment.
- Receive instructions and assignments from supervisor or coordinator.
- Set up and operate all applicable machines to manufacture a variety of component parts.
- Required to perform self-Inspection. Gain 1st PC approval and monitor quality during production run.
- Acceptable productivity levels required.
- Good housekeeping is required.
- Follow safe work practices and wear PPE.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Coral Springs Quality, Safety and Environmental Management
Scope, Purpose, and Frequency of Contacts
To obtain and disseminate information
Direction of Others
Provide guidance to lower level personnel in the performance of assigned tasks when asked.
General supervision on routine assignments. Specific directions/instructions provided when establishing new or changed procedures
High School, GED or equivalent experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
Experience and Skill Requirements
Experience as a Machinist running the same or similar machines.
Must have the ability to communicate effectively with others.
Must have the ability to read blueprints.
Must be able to lift 40-50 lbs.
May be required to stand for long periods of time.
Noisy work environment.
Post a Job
Digital Press Operator / Press Operator
- Oversee all printing production
- Run Konica Bizhub C110 and Bizhub C8000
- Run fiery command workstation
- Understand bindery processes - cutter, scoring, folder, drill press and padding
- Understand finishing processes- shrink wrap and packaging
- Prepare PDF files and manipulate files
- Use PMS color matching book and desitometer to measure dot characteristics and colorspace
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Three years minimum experience as Digital Press Operator
- Proficient in Mac Suite, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic design capabilities recommended
- Lifting up to 50 lbs on consistent basis
- Standing prolonged periods of time
M-F 8:30am- 5:00pm Full time with benefits
*Salary negotiable based on experience
Lead Press Operator Sheet Fed Press
Ability to run large multi-color sheet fed printing presses with coating, preferably conventional and UV presses. Print great quality commercial, game card, and packaging jobs to high production standards. Independently produce the printing turnkey jobs with only written job instructions and setting all press functions including sequence, type of printing, press set up, all mechanical settings, make-ready, run and wash up. Also will manage and train a crew of helper and second pressman. Have responsibility for preventive maintenance and the upkeep and cleanliness of the machine.
Essential Duties and
· Set up, adjust, operate, and maintain a multi-color offset press printing quality multi-color work with critical color values and critical register requirements.
· Review and understand job specifications to determine press set up, plate hanging, blanket and roller installation and settings, setting register and ink feed, feeding and delivering, and all press settings necessary to achieve a company and customer satisfying printed job.
· Facilitate great production meeting exceeding company expectations.
· Provide a safe environment while teaching a crew safety of personnel and machinery, while following all company safety manuals and company safety procedures and initiatives.
· Keep a clean machine and lubricate and complete all scheduled maintenance per the machine specifications while following all company maintenance procedures and guidelines.
· Utilize all densitometry measurements in the production of a job including LAB color, density, dot gain, and trap. Also maintain proper chemistry using daily conductivity meters, refractometers, and PH strips to insure proper fountain solution.
· Must have the ability to train new press helpers and second pressmen on helper and second pressman duties.
Perform all other related duties and projects as assigned by management.
· Ability to adequately view color accurately and identify print defects.
· Ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 10 to 25 pounds frequently.
· Ability to stand and perform the requirements of the position up to 12 hours with a few short breaks.
· Ability to utilize press densitometers to measure LAB color, density, dot gain, and trap. Also to properly use micrometers, refractometers, torque wrenches, and basic press tools efficiently.
· Willingness to abide by all plant practices and procedures.
· Overtime is an expected requirement.
· Ability to maintain great attendance and tardy record.
· Good knowledge of computers necessary to manage and run the press.
Press Brake And Punch Press Operator
Growing manufacturer with facilities in Elk Grove Village and Melrose Park, is looking to add to their growing team! Our Client is in need of a Punch Press operator in Elk Grove Village and also a Press Brake Operator in Melrose Park, IL. These positions are long term/ temp to hire with great benefits and great people to work with. Both positions are for 1st shift Monday through Saturday. Regular work hours are from 7am-3:30pm or 6am-2:30pm. Ideal candidate must be available to start as early as 6am and work as late as 5:30pm and half day on Saturday.
Ideal persons must be able to read blueprints. Use measuring tools such as vaniers, calipers, gauges and tape measure. Preferably a minimum of one year experience, open to train a recent graduate with like certifications.
Please submit your resume for consideration.
Press Brake Operator
Blue Arbor is hiring a Press Brake Operator for Bosch Home Appliances in New Bern, NC. Position is full time, temp-hire, with good benefits when permanent. Position is Second shift, but must be flexible.
- Prior Machine Operator experience a plus, but not required
- Must be flexible to work 1st or 2nd shifts
- Must pass pre-employment screenings
Apply in person at any of our locations. Visit us online for more information, www.bluearbor.com.
In 2006 Atlantic Gulf Coast Contracting, Inc., Managed by Blue Arbor, was established to serve the construction, renovation and disaster recovery needs of the Southeastern and Midwestern areas of the United States. It has now progressed into a full range service provider performing a diverse range of Government Contracting Services, Subcontracting Services, and Contract Management Services.
Currently Blue Arbor, and its' group of companies, is a full service Human Resources Company providing staffing, screening and contracting to over 2500 clients. Whether you are a local company, Fortune 500 Company or an individual looking for the right career opportunity, we have over 30 years of experience in finding the right service for you.
Turret Press Operator's / Press Brake Operator's Immediate Openings
Elyria company has immediate openings on 2nd shift for the following positions :
Turret Press operator's
Press Brake Operator's
Please apply at Precision Personnel 1911 Cooper Foster Park Rd. with 2 VALID forms of I.D.
Given the ever-changing landscape of business today, there is rarely a single answer to the complex hiring needs of our diverse clients.
Through utilizing a multidimensional and consultative approach we deliver innovative solutions. The partnership with our clients is a strategic investment and we are committed to consistently enhancing our clients ability to make good hiring decisions, which ultimately determines the performance capacity of the organization. This value-added service simplifies the hiring process and enhances the quality of service provided to your clients.
Being locally owned and operated, our knowledge of the marketplace allows us to react quickly to the ever-changing demands of both our associates and client companies. Our dedication to deliver the highest level of personal service enables us to continue to build long lasting relationships.
Press Brake Operator - 3 Days Per Week!
Are you looking for a company where you can make a difference? Want to be valued as an employee? Your suggestions heard? Look no further than The Jor-Mac Company! We are fast growing sheet metal fabricator located in Lomira, WI.
We are currently seeking individuals who would be interested in working three days per week, yet receive all the benefits of a full-time employee. That's right! You work three twelve hour shifts, Sunday- Tuesday or Wednesday- Friday. Those three days equal 36 hours and then we pay you four additional hours to equate to 40 hours! If you are interested in working with us, please apply today! We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with an opportunity to succeed!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
· Operate multiple brake presses and perform a variety of operations associated with safe and quality production.
· Responsible for powering up, running, feeding, and powering down the applicable equipment.
· Interpret work orders to determine quantity needed, due dates, and any other pertinent information.
· Ability to read a tape measure, micrometer, caliper, protractors, and interpret tolerances.
· Capacity to understand blueprints, while understanding how the measurement and tolerances relate to the finished product.
· Measures product dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation and performs quality inspection of finished product as required by work order.
· May perform first piece inspection to confirm tolerances and dimensions are within specifications.
· Perform general clean-up duties of the equipment and surrounding areas.
· May perform basic material handling duties with the use of manual pallet jack and/or forklift to move material and stage materials.
· Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
· High school diploma or general educational development (GED) and one to two years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Previous experience in a weld fabrication environment preferred, but not required.
· Ability to do count, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions, specifications, and memos. Ability to prepare timesheets and job related paperwork. Ability to effectively communicate with other employees of the organization.
Offset Press Operator
The primary responsibility of the Offset Press Operator is to perform the duties involved in offset printing running UV inks. These duties include setting up press, cleaning machine, troubleshooting technological problems and maintaining printing equipment. Also will be responsible for record keeping of work completed and job history.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety and performs job duties in accordance with company safety policies and procedures.
- Understand job ticket information to determine quantity, special work instructions, and any other special customer requirements.
- Locate and inspect the printing material to assure conformance to the specified requirements.
- Proof plates to assure correct graphics before production.
- Set Rollers, hang plates, apply ink, set fountain settings, and perform all related machine operation to operate press.
- Run make ready sheets- line up for proper position and layout.
- Demonstrate the ability to start up and operate the press efficiently.
- Bring process colors and/or special colors into register.
- Achieve ink and water balance.
- Set and adjust inks to achieve required colors-matching specified requirements.
- Maintaining and adjusting ink levels during production to match specified requirements.
- Achieve and monitor UV Lighting levels to assure proper curing rate to prevent offset and delamination.
- Examine press sheets during production for normal and special variation
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Perform other related job duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Higher degree in art or graphic design preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in offset printing operations and prep work.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, good eye for color.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle potentially hazardous materials.
- Must possess high standards of personal integrity. Able to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Previous experience as a lead pressman.
- Ability to follow instructions to assist in operation and maintenance.
- Ability to work independently with high attention to detail.
- Able to work overtime when needed.
- The ability to communicate orally and in writing in the English language.
- Math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Positive attitude and good teamwork skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, sit, speak, hear and comprehend. The employee is required to stand for extended periods; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis.
2. The employee must possess clear vision, correct color perception and excellent hand eye coordination.
3. The employee must be able to lift up to 65 pounds on a regular basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold).
2. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards. The employee must be willing to handle and mix chemicals used in printing inks and cleaning.
3. The employee must be prepared to respond to emergencies should they occur. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.