Arch Cushion Skiving Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Machine Operator - Blade Machine - Operator
Baumer of America is the leading Machine Engineering company for the Foam Industry in America. We offer our employees competitive compensation, benefits and a positive company environment.
We are seeking a MACHINE OPERATOR for our Blade Room to join our team at our facility located in Towaco, NJ! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Oversee and coordinate plant operations and activities
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- 1-3 Years previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Ability to work with standard and metric systems
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent (oral and written) in English
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Machine Operator (Skiving/Parting Lathe)
Job Title: Machine Operator (Skiving/Parting Lathe)
Management Level: Production Floor
Reporting To: Production Manager
Description of the Position:The Skiving/Parting Lathe Operator is a key member of Enflo’s operations team. The Skiving/Parting Lathe Operator reports to the Production Manager. The Skiving/Parting Lathe Operator’s primary day-to-day responsibility is to ensure that the company’s Skiving lathes are operating efficiently and meeting production requirements and customer specifications. This will include direct responsibility for data entry into
- Reads and understands requirements of work orders, follows instructions
- Uses math skills to learn use of weight scales, hydraulic gauges, micrometers, verniers
- Sets up and operates Skiving lathes
- Monitors PTFE tape thickness and makes adjustments to equipment as necessary to maintain within standard (or job specific) tolerances
- Rewinds and verifies that skived material meets specifications and visually acceptable
- Sets up and operates Parting lathes with manual and digital read-out controls
- Inspects rolls for thickness and width dimensions
- Labels all material legibly with correct data
- Maintains skiving logs and enters data into Epicor
- Operates forklift in a safe manner
- Operates shear, cut-off, band, and panel saws in a safe manner and wears appropriate personal protection equipment
- Trains other operators as required
- Works 40 hours w/overtime as requested
- 5+ years lathe operation experience.
- Experience in job shop environment.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs.
- PC proficiency is helpful
- Working knowledge of ERP systems is preferred
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate and work effectively with all employees
- Strong problem solving and creative skills
- Exercises sound judgment
- Must be willing to be cross trained in other areas in shop as needed
- Interacts with fellow employees in a friendly and pleasant manner
- Works in a safe and efficient manner
- Informs Supervisor of any concerns or issues
You will be part of a team that is dedicated to providing reupholstery service for commercial and domestic furniture including dining room, kitchen and office chairs. Experience with larger furniture a plus.
This is an outstanding opportunity to become a high-visibility player within a very employee-oriented, dynamic, and growing organization. You will have an opportunity to make a significant impact!
Our Cushion Upholsterers are finalizing the most visible part of our seats. The upholstery work provides the first and most lasting impression of our product to our customer. In this role, you will work collaboratively with our team to reupholster chairs, booths and stools to provide the best visual outcome for our customers.
Responsible for the construction of all upholstered products assigned with the correct fabric specified by the customer and the inspection of SKUs that go through upholstery to ensure the highest customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and
- Perform a variety of upholstery operations.
- Assembly of product with correct fabric specified by customer.
- Evaluate all damaged material prior to project.
- Complete inspection of finished chair to ensure a quality product prior to delivery.
- Marking of chair boxes with invoice number to ensure accuracy to the customer.
- Ability to operate power mobile material handling equipment.
- Properly Velcro, glue, and other upholstery components.
- Material movement from other departments.
- Suggest process method improvements.
- Attention to continually changing model styles and colors is required.
- Attention to detail and quality is a must.
- Prior upholstery experience preferred, but we will train someone who is motivated to learn.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with ability to read, speak, and understand English.
- Mechanical aptitude and strong manual dexterity.
- Hardware recognition skills.
- Part number identification skills
- Ability to use air, power and manual hand tools.
- Ability to follow instruction and work well in a team environment.
- Displays a high degree of integrity, honesty and takes responsibility for one’s own actions; shows consistency between words and actions
- Ability to stand for 8 or more hours per day.
Education, Experience and
High school diploma
- Years of experience: Some experience working with upholstery in a warehouse or factory setting
- Computer proficiency a plus
- Dedicated to business and willing to adjust schedule and hours as needed
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Performing tasks in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive movements.
- No physical limitations that limit the ability to carry and move furniture weighing up to 130 pounds.
- Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.
Shift: Day Job (1st)
This is an entry-level position starting at $10/hour. You must be able to perform the above duties with minimal supervision. This is small-to-medium parts assembly in a fast-paced environment. Qualified candidates should submit a resume or apply in person.
One week paid vacation is available after one year of employment. Opportunities for growth will be available for exemplary performance.
Apply Now: Please include the following information: 1) when you can start (if chosen), 2) written
examples of your ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, 3) what city you live in, 4) and if you
Please send us your RESUME to the email link above and include professional references.
Please DO NOT RESPOND to this ad if you are not ready to go to work.
● Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
● do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Machine Operator - Tire Retread
61162 OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
The tire retread technician will be responsible for performing assigned duties to facilitate the efficient production of quality retread products
The tire retread technician will perform various daily duties as assigned by the plant manager to insure the demands of commercial retread customers are met on a continual basis
Use all safety related PPE such as gloves, safety glasses and tire cages while doing any work.
Visually inspect tires to be retreaded to determine condition
Further inspect casings utilizing electronic liner detection and X-Ray inspection equipment
Repairs casings, if needed, utilizing proper procedures and correct size repair patch
Operate buffing machine to remove existing treads from tires and measure tires to determine proper tread width
Utilize shearography inspection machine to further inspect buffed casing
Skive, buff, and fill any injury in tire as required
Operate cushion extruder to apply cushion to buffed casing
Operate semi-automatic builder to apply proper size tread to casing
Select proper size envelope and curing rim apparatus and apply to casing and utilize envelope leak detection devise to insure integrity of the curing envelope
Place tires in curing chamber and cure tires according to specifications
Remove tires from chamber after cure and remove curing rims and envelopes
Inspect tires to insure quality of product and compliance with customer standards
Trim and paint finished product and apply label
Inspect finished retread utilizing multiple step high pressure test machine to insure integrity of casing
Receive and unload supplies including tread rubber, cushion gum and repair materials, envelopes, curing rim, tire casings, rims etc.
Assists in distribution center activities as assigned
Inflate inner tubes and immerse them in water to locate leaks.
Works in wheel reconditioning area as assigned
Perform routine inspection and maintenance on plant equipment following manufacturers instruction
Operate plant computer equipment and scanners
Maintain a safe facility and use safety first practices to remain accident-free.
Perform weekly and monthly projects and assigned tasks.
Maintain personal grooming and company uniform standards.
Maintain company attendance standards.
Other duties as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED preferred
No prior experience required
BACKGROUND CHECKS: All offers of employment may be conditioned on receipt of a background check report and/or drug screen that is acceptable to Love’s.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Ability to learn and operate all facility equipment including computers, and retreading machinery
Good verbal and written communication skills, time management and delegation skills, organization skills, can-do attitude, sense of urgency, and strong work ethic.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires normal range of hearing
Requires standing and walking, with some bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing
Ability to occasionally move and handle tires weighing up to 100lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Subject to cold and hot temperatures
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outdoor elements in all seasons. Occasionally, the employee will also be exposed to fumes and particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and can be loud at times. While performing the duties, the employee is frequently exposed to dirt, dust, grime, grease, oil, gas, high-concentrated cleaning solutions etc.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: No travel is required with this position.
EEO STATEMENT: Love’s Travel Stops Inc. and Its Affiliates provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. machine operator machine operator Job Function(s): Operations; Retail; Truck Tire Care Founded in 1964 by Tom Love, Love’s Family of Companies is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and remains entirely family owned and operated. With more than 300 locations in 40 states, Love’s approximate growth rate is 20 stores per year. Love’s has consistently ranked in the top 10 on Forbes’ Magazine’s annual listing of America’s largest privately held companies. From the first filling station in Watonga, Oklahoma, the Love’s commitment has remained the same: “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.”
United States Duncan: Entry Level Machine Operator - Senior Machine Operator
United States Duncan: Entry Level Machine Operator - Senior Machine Operator
Jan 5, 2018
Location: Duncan, OK, US, 73533 We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Working under close supervision, sets up, adjusts, and operates a variety of machine tools which may include numerical control/computerized numeric control lathes, mills, drills, computerized numerical control/numerical control and/or manual machines.
May be required to read blueprints, perform varying levels of shop mathematics associated with machining operations, and perform inspection procedures to verify work.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Skills typically acquired through 1 year of related machining experience. Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Associate Machine Operator through Sr. Machine Operator. Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location 100 E Halliburton, Duncan, Oklahoma, 73533, United States
Requisition Number: 46373
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Product Service Line:
Supply Chain Mgmt Full Time / Part Time:
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation Information Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Job Segment: Machinist, Equipment Operator, Supply, Inspector, Industrial, Manufacturing, Operations, Quality
Overview Success in designing and manufacturing air springs to cushion the ride of vehicles that support the world’s transportation infrastructure has fueled FSIP’s growth from a single plant in 1936 to becoming the world’s number one air spring manufacturer. With employees throughout the world, the Company’s U.S. headquarters is located in Carmel, Indiana.
In addition to supplying Airide™ air springs to vehicle original equipment manufacturers, FSIP also makes air springs for the industrial market and the heavy duty and light duty aftermarkets. In the enthusiast aftermarket, FSIP is an industry leader with the Ride-Rite™, Coil-Rite™ and Level-Rite™ brands of air helper springs. FSIP is excited to announce its move of the U.S. headquarters to Nashville, Tennessee in 2017. This position will require relocation at that time.
Position Summary Operate & set up both large coil fed presses as well as smaller hand-fed press, use and set-up ordinary turning machines, perform simple, dexterous operation with hands, load and unload brazing furnaces, operate vibratory bowl equipment, operating tapping equipment, operate simple, miscellaneous equipment such as drill presses, mills, lathes, cut off saws, welding equipment, screw machines, CNC machines, building and curing machines. Additionally, teammates may perform incoming, in-process or final inspection as detailed in the appropriate work instructions; and/or label, weigh, load/upload pallets from trucks, perform data entry duties, deliver product from storage locations to specific machinery or rack locations.
Teammates fill out daily reports such as labor cards, waste and defective reports, machine down time reports, SPC data collection, and any other prescribed by management. To manage these duties, teammates lift and move up to 50 pounds regularly in a safe manner, observe all other Safety regulations and rules, and are responsible to keep their work area neat & clean.
Qualifications Job requires bending, carrying, kneeling, walking among other phyisical activities.
Employee TypeRegular Full-Time
Degree PreferredHigh School
CategoryManufacturing As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action employer, it is the policy of Bridgestone to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Humanscale is the premier designer and manufacturer of ergonomic products that improve health and comfort at work. Our award-winning office products –seating, sit/stand desks, technology support and lighting – have led the industry in performance and simplicity for over 30 years Production Assemblers are required to work as part of a team, having the responsibility of accurately assembling an entire component of a product by following work instructions and workstation standards.
Throughout the process you are also responsible for monitoring work productions by line balancing, visually inspecting quality of parts all while ensuring the workplace area is organized according to safety policies. Posición: Ensamble de Producción / M2 Grado: 4 Departamento: Monitores Turno: 7:00am – 3:30pm Descripción: Ensamblar.
Debe ser capad de usar instrumentos básicos de mano, instrumentos de aire y debe ser capaz de estar de pie durante las horas laborales de trabajo. Humanscale is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran) ID: 2016-1145 External Company Name: Humanscale Corporation External Company URL: www.humanscale.com
Machine Operator - Press Brake Operator
We are seeking a Machine Operator - Press Brake Operator to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
Ability to use tape measurer, calipers, micrometers for precise measurements matching print specifications.
Fabrication of piece parts as per schematic under supervision of a Lead.
Ability to read blueprints and program machining equipment to produce required parts
Ability to use metal working manipulation machinery (brake, shear, saw, punch etc.).
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning machining equipment.
Maintain equipment in good working order and notify the Lead of malfunctions.
Perform all duties in accordance with safety program standards.
Organize department and keep department clean.
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning new equipment.
Inspect equipment to ensure good working order and notify your Lead of malfunctions.
Notify the Lead of any unsafe conditions, practices and/or procedures observed.
Other duties as required.
This position requires shop work. When working in the shop, one must exercise caution as this environment presents many naturally-occurring and potentially worker-produced hazards. Safety policies (i.e. respiratory protection) must be adhered to at all times while visiting, touring and/or working in the shop. Appropriate personal protective equipment (i.e. safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and others) must be worn at all times where required.
It is very important that the incumbent of this position is able to work and communicate with prudence, while effectively managing time, completing tasks, and working safely.
Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time while working
Must be able to bend to reach low
Must be able to carry, lift, and transport equipment/material weighing up to 30 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
3 years min of experience in Press Brake Operations
Experience with all safe practices, procedures, and overall processes associated with manufacturing from raw materials to finished product.
Compensation based on experience!
Concrete Pump Operator / Machine Operator
• Recommend measures to improve productivity/quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems
• Set up, loads and unloads machines and equipment
• Train staff in safety consciousness, and policies
• Maintains tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on trucks, platforms, or separate placing booms
• Experience as a construction worker an asset
• Good communication skills
• Great leadership ability
• Solves problems effectively
• Well organized
$16 - $20 /HR
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment. We are in need of a dedicated mechanic to keep all equipment SAFE and Fully Functional.
Machine - Machine Operator
Title: Machine Operator
Primary Objectives of Position
Manufacture high quality tablets and/or capsules in an efficient and safe manner that complies with cGMPs and meets product specifications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. High School education (HS Diploma or GED preferred)
2. Experience in food/pharmaceutical/nutraceutical processing operations, FDA regulated industry, or combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successful perform the job
3. Able to read, write, and speak in English
4. Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, rounding)
5. Detail oriented
6. Effective problem-solving skills
7. Ability to work independently and in a team environment
8. Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor
9. Ability to foster productive working relationship with management, coworkers, vendors and customers
10. Ability to interpret, comply with, and support Company policies, procedures, work rules, and protocols
11. Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job duties/responsibilities
12. Ability to represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times
Physical Demands With or Without Accommodation
1. Ability to stand for extended periods of time (approximately 6-8 hours)
2. Ability to repeatedly bend, twist, and stoop throughout an 8-10 hour shift
3. Ability to frequently lift up to 25 kg (55 lbs.)
4. Ability to be exposed to considerable noise from machinery
5. Ability to be exposed to nutraceutical raw materials and powders
6. Ability to wear PPE as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Sets-up equipment for processing operations.
2. Operates two or more of the following machines and processes as trained, instructed by supervisor, and in compliance with all safety and cGMP regulations:
§ Weigh up materials
§ 10ct V blender
§ 30cf V blender
§ Bosch GKF2000
§ IMA Zanasi
§ Ultra 8
o Tablet Compression
§ XL100 Korsch
§ XL400 Korsch
§ XPRESS700 Manesty
§ Fitz Mill
§ Fitz Mill
3. Promptly reports material, process, and equipment concerns, questions, and/or problems to supervisor for proper handling
4. Completes and verifies batch record entries, equipment log books, and other relevant documentation and records
5. Monitors process and equipment, making necessary adjustments as needed or required, to maintain batch record specifications
6. Tears down machine and equipment in accordance with training, instructions by supervisor, and in compliance with all safety and cGMP regulations
7. Cleans and maintains processing rooms and equipment
8. Assists Junior Operators with paperwork and machine processes as necessary
9. Works with personnel from other departments as necessary to ensure safety and quality in production
10. Follows established department SOP's, Company cGMPs, and all instructions, whether verbal or written
11. Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations
12. Maintains a safe work environment and functions in a safe manner
13. Performs other duties, job related or otherwise, as assigned
14. Takes a 35 minute lunch within first five hours of punching in
15. Takes two 15 minute breaks – first break before lunch, second break after lunch
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!