Architect Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Architect
Data Architect (Active TS)
FBI CJIS Facility
ATSG is seeking resumes for a Data Architect at the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Clarksburg, WV to join the Information technology Management Section (ITMS). ITMS is the centralized entity in the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division which manages all major programs from conception to operational maturity. This work includes completing the tech refresh of the NGI system as well as the development, implementation, enhancement, testing, standards, and progression of the CJIS Division program technology systems.
The successful candidate will:
- Review system architecture and design
- Determine if implementation aligns with enterprise strategy and related system architecture
- Be familiar with large data, data integrity and data mapping
- Be well-versed in all phases of the lifecycle from initial request through deployment to both the test and operational environments
- Be an expert in translating business requirements into technical solutions
- Provide operational support and provide research, detailed analysis and recommendations on multiple topics.
- Have the capability to build and maintain effective customer relationships with both technical and non-technical stakeholders have been central to the project successes
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field
- TS Clearance
- 10 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of and ability to apply all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, which include requirements definition, analysis, review of design and development, and integration and test of solution into the operational environment;
- Expert ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions;
- Ability to review system architecture and design to provide recommendations for technical solutions;
- Ability to develop software for Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL)
- Experience performing database administration, maintenance, performance tuning, backup/recovery, disk and memory management, baseline upgrades, and auditing/security of Oracle databases in a 24 x 7 x 365 OLTP environment;
- Ability to develop technical approaches for data migrations and/or upgrades.
- Experience Designing, developing and implementing operational data stores for data warehouse purposes.
Working knowledge with the following:
- Languages: Oracle, MySQL, Assembly, C, PL/SQL, Java, Perl,
- Development Tools Methodologies & Environments: Agile, Object-Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD), Waterfall Approach, Spiral Approach, Prototyping Approach, Integrated Software Development, RUP
- Software: IBM WebSphere, IBM Rational Products, SQL*Developer
- Hardware: IBM, HP
- Systems: IBM Red Hat Linux, HP-UX
- Databases: Oracle
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visithttp://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
Post a Job
Enterprise Architect (Se6)
US Citizen and Current Top Secret SCI Clearance w/Full-Scope Polygraph
Support the an Intelligence Community (IC) agency’s Systems Engineering organization in the development, integration and analysis of the Enterprise Architecture (EA), focusing on capability-based analysis at the system of system, end to end, and family of systems levels.
Develop and maintain DoDAF, FEAF and IC EA compliant architecture artifacts, utilizing architecture modeling tools to ensure integrated architecture.
Perform assessments of acquisition architectures for compliance and consistency with Agency-level EA in support of Enterprise Engineering Review Board and Enterprise Architecture Board governance processes.
Collaborate with operational / technical SMEs and ESEA-II TTO-2 Standards personnel to identify architecture gaps, overlaps and inefficiencies, and develop recommendations for changes to improve enterprise architecture.
Collaborate with ESEA-II TTO-2 Enterprise Knowledge Repositories personnel to identify tools / technologies, data models, data analytics, and reporting / visualization approaches to assist Government leaders and technologists with architectural data-driven decision-making.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Note: a High School Diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
Individuals in this position must have at least five years of demonstrated experience in DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF) or Federal Enterprise Architectural Framework (FEAF).
Excellent oral and written communications skills.
5 or more years of experience as a lead systems engineer on complex or large projects.
Familiarity with Intelligence Community and/or DoD acquisition lifecycles, software development methodologies, information security engineering concepts, cloud computing methodologies and/or SOA-enabling technologies.
Familiarity with System Architect, Magic Draw, Sparx, Rhapsody, or Power Designer Architecture Tool Suites.
Familiarity with DoDAF, UPDM, Joint Architecture Reference Model (JARM), Zachman Architecture Framework, Federal Enterprise Architectural Framework (FEAF), British Ministry of Defense Architecture Framework (MODAF), The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), FEA CRM, DoD JCA, UJTL, or IEA.
Intelligence Collection, Processing or Analysis; Information Assurance, or IT Infrastructure domain experience.
INCOSE, ITIL, PMP, SAFe, Security+, Lean Six Sigma, or similar certifications.
Contact: Interested candidates please forward your resume to Sequoia Strategies & Solutions, LLC via email Resumes@SequoiaStrategies.catsone.com or via fax to 1-888-439-2533. Please be sure to include Job
050917-2-ENT-ART-SE6 in Subject Line of email or fax.
Cyber Security Architect - 1624Br
Employment Note: Must be a U.S. citizen
1. Must be a US Citizen. Undergraduate four-year degree in Information Technology, Engineering with concentration on Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Cyber Security, or a related field
2. Responsible to find new, innovative ways to ensure secure development, delivery and operation
3. Direct hand in developing and overseeing Cyber Security aspects of all phases of the Systems and Software Development Lifecycle
4. Involved in driving Product Security Requirements, Implementation, and Plans in accordance with Industry, Government, and Internal Guidelines and Standards (NIST, CIS, ISO, DISA, ISO)
5. Developing Internal Security Guidelines and Standards; and Performing Security Assessments for internal development as well as for Customer Certification and Accreditation (C&A) efforts
6. Minimum 5 years of applicable experience within the CyberSecurity field. CISSP, CSSLP, CCSP, CEH, and/or CCSK preferred
7. IT and/or Cyber Security background is required
8. See Basic & Technical requirements below
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions' innovations, products, and services play essential roles in people's lives.
We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe.
We do this by connecting them to seamless communication networks, applications and services, by providing them with real-time information, and by arming them with intuitive, nearly indestructible radios and devices.
Motorola Solutions, Inc is reinventing itself to provide smart work group communication solutions by investing in building an enterprise ecosystem for public safety and other vertical markets. As part of this transformation, Motorola Solutions has developed an innovation hub in downtown Chicago to ideate, design, develop and quickly deploy an ecosystem that brings critical information to users in many important markets. We are looking for top professionals to help realize that vision.
We help people be their best in the moments that matter. This is our purpose.
|Department Description :|
|The Security Solutions team oversees the Cyber Security Program for all Motorola Solutions products. The ultimate goal of the organization is to define Cyber Security solutions that protect Motorola Solutions’ Customers, their Data and Operations, as well as, provide for differentiation of Motorola Solutions products and solutions in the area of Cyber Security.|
Job Description :
|As a team-member, in a lead or contributor role, you will be responsible to find new, innovative ways to ensure secure development, delivery and operation of Motorola Solutions products and solutions. Working with Development Teams, Management, Service, and Field Teams you will be exposed to both Cloud and On-Premise architectures, across a variety of risk environments. You will have a direct hand in developing and overseeing Cyber Security aspects of all phases of the Systems and Software Development Lifecycle. You will be involved in driving Product Security Requirements, Implementation, and Plans in accordance with Industry, Government, and Internal Guidelines and Standards (NIST, CIS, ISO, DISA, ISO); Developing Internal Security Guidelines and Standards; and Performing Security Assessments for internal development as well as for Customer Certification and Accreditation (C&A) efforts.|
Basic Requirements :
|Must be a US Citizen. Undergraduate four year degree in Information Technology, Engineering with concentration on Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Cyber Security, or a related field. Minimum 5 years of applicable experience within the CyberSecurity field. CISSP, CSSLP, CCSP, CEH, and/or CCSK preferred. IT and/or Cyber Security background is required. Knowledge Software Development and Engineering necessary. Knowledge of DevSecOps a plus.|
Post a Job
This role will design, configure, and deploy cloud infrastructure to successfully migrate systems and applications.
- Using defined system and SLA requirements, build highly redundant and resilient cloud infrastructure. Leverage automated scale-out/scale-in capabilities to enhance customer experience whilst maintaining effective control over cost.
- Work with automated build pipelines, continuous integration, continuous deployment and test automation frameworks with tools such as Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef and Docker
- Design and implement application monitoring and logging strategies.
- Use recommended practices for code promotion across the various environments. (builds, approvals, release) - understands SDLC and Agile/Iterative practices
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve issues related to existing and new applications.
- Work with cross functional teams (development, quality assurance, customer support) to improve organizational throughput, uptime, and resource utilization
- Competence in building and designing complex systems using Microsoft Technologies
- Demonstrates and ensures consistency in line with industry best practices across applications and environments
- Troubleshooting complex system issues (network/database/OS/storage/application)
- Digging into the details of diagnostic challenges
- Switches gears in various high-stress situations
- At least 5 years of experience in a complex 24X7X365 Web/SaaS application business.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with cloud technologies (Azure & AWS preferred)
- 5 years of Windows server (2012 preferred) experience.
- 3 years of virtualization & clustering experience.
- Minimum 2 years of scripting (Power Shell preferred)
- 2 years with continuous integration, build & deploy tools
- Ability to travel globally as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline
- Advanced Degree a plus
Post a Job
Estimator / Controls Solutions Architect
Have you been a Controls Engineer for a short while and developed an eye for Systems Solutions? Do you walk into a manufacturing plant and think of which upgrades could be implemented? Are you a naturally creative problem solver who knows that there is more than one way to get it done? Are you a Controls Engineer who is eager and hungry to take their career to the next level as an Estimator/ Controls Solutions Architect? If you enjoy working closely with clients and sales engineers and designing Systems Integration Solutions then we want to speak with you today! We are looking to train and invest in a bright Controls Engineer to become our next great Estimator/ Controls Solutions Architect.
As an Estimator / Controls Solutions Architect you will be responsible for developing control system solutions based on each customer opportunity with provided training and mentoring. You will also be assisting Sales Engineers to deliver the customers' solutions by the due date. The Estimator / Controls Solutions Architect is responsible for coordinating jobs and quoting with Sales Engineers and Project Managers.
WHO WE ARE
We are a privately held, very rapidly growing and innovative CSIA certified Systems Integrator. We customize automation engineering solutions to customers that are food and beverage manufacturing plants. Unlike many integrators who claim to be experts in every industry segment, Automation Group knows who we are. We serve the food and beverage industry and we serve it well. We have a truly unique and cherished culture founded upon the beliefs that being humble, keeping our promises and having integrity at all times makes for a successful AND entertaining work culture where coworkers trust and support one another.
- Valid California driver’s license.
- High School Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Technology or Automation
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience estimating industrial control systems and developing control system solutions.
- Develop control system solutions based on each customer opportunity with provided training and mentoring.
- Assist Sales Engineers to deliver the customers' solutions by the due date.
- Utilize an estimating tool to streamline quoting.
- Coordinate jobs and quoting with Sales Engineers and Project Managers.
- Communicate effectively with clients while developing great business relationships and partnerships with clients.
- Sense of urgency to complete quotes while keeping a strong eye for attention to detail.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (company shares cost of premiums)
- $25,000 life insurance
- 401(k) with weekly 15% company match
- Paid time off/Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
IntroductionElluminates Software believes that Software Drives IT™.
Our mission is to be impactful by using the right design, engineering, and technologies. We're a software company that focuses on data centers, systems and cloud infrastructure. Our professional services provide high-end engineering capabilities to deliver mission-oriented successes for our customers.
Systems of Any Scale
We design next generation IT systems that can handle up to millions of users and billions of connections. Our systems have transformed how organizations use their IT to become more agile, more collaborative, and better at meeting their missions.
Data Centers, Cloud and Automation
We design and run data centers and clouds, using virtualization, containerization, compute, storage and high-speed networking. We take our knowledge of software and systems, and apply that to high impact systems-automation (DevOps).
We help secure data centers, clouds and systems. We have expertise in designing and building secure systems in a wide range of environments, system types, and private and public networks.
Elluminates Software Corporation is looking to fill a full time System Architect position. This position is in support of the Department of State as a part of the Vanguard 2.2.1 contract.
The successful candidate will execute the following duties and responsibilities as a senior member of the Engineering Office. He/she will provide senior level engineering design and architecture support to provide solutions using physical and virtual networking technologies, server hosting, and storage solutions.
The Systems Architect will support the implementation of Hosted Services that use VMware for services within the Data Center as well as remote Data Centers for high availability and redundancy. The Systems Architect will work daily with Government clients related to meeting technical requirements for initiatives. Domain knowledge and technical decision-making will have critical impact on overall project implementation and execution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Architect, engineer, and deploy enterprise solutions for 100,000 users
- Work with customers to determine their functional needs
- Translate customer’s needs into hardware/software requirements
- Provide technical direction for project team throughout SDLC
- Assist in the development of Enterprise policies and directives
- Provide Tier III support to deployed systems
- Participate in functional or user acceptance testing to ensure final product meets intent of customer needs
- Conduct Technical Exchange Meetings
- Review and document functionality of existing legacy applications
- Create test plans, installation guides, technical specifications, and white papers as required
- Communicate regularly to government POCs regarding project activities and status
- Plan, research, evaluate, and recommend new equipment and related technologies
- Develop contingency plans for infrastructure related software/hardware failures including isolated and major outages
Required Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in an information technology or related field or 10 years of progressive, related experience plus graduate level courses. Or Master’s degree or equivalent graduate degree and 7 years of related experience.
- Knowledge and experience with VMware (design, build, operate)
- Knowledge of Data Center Architectures and designs for large scale Data Centers
- Knowledge of Integrated Converged Stack infrastructure (i.e., VCE Vblock, FlexPod)
- Knowledge and experience with large scale storage area network systems (design, build, operate)
- Knowledge of IP Networking VPN’s, switching and routing
- Knowledge of Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) concepts and principles
- Knowledge of Microsoft File Systems, Operating Systems and Applications
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft OS and Intel systems
- Systems engineering background with understanding of Cloud Computing Reference Architecture
- VMware: VCP 5+ Certified, working knowledge of SRM, VCOPs, SMVI, VCAC (or vRealize Suite)
- Networking: Design knowledge and experience with Cisco Network components, Certifications
- Compute: Design knowledge of EMC Storage Area Network arrays and associated storage systems. Working knowledge of Recover Point, Viper, VCE vision
- Virtual Desktop: Design knowledge and experience with VDI
- Background with ITIL v3.0 Foundation
Clearance Required: Interim Secret with ability to get TS
Main location is Springfield, VA. Candidates must be willing to travel within Washington DC Metro area to support various program initiatives; and travel within and outside the continental US, if required (not expected to exceed 10%).
Post a Job
Need Data Engineers And Data Architects - Multiple Positions
We are implementing a large program for a Life Sciences company. eTouch is helping the design, build and test of the data platform for a SaaS product used for Clinical Trial Management system ecosystem.
This is a multiyear engagement with multiple projects dealing with some cloud, bigdata and multi-tenant relational database systems.
Locations: Fremont, CA, San Francisco, CA. OR New York (Can work from any location)
Skills: Java 8/Scala, Spark, XML, Oracle SQL
Nice to have: AWS Ecosystem Experience
510.795.4800 X 159
Cloud Data Architect - Azure
Beyondsoft's Consulting and BI Services Unit (formerly Piraeus Consulting) is expanding, and we're looking to grow our cloud development capabilities. We're on the hunt for a strong cloud developer looking to take the next leap in their career, and to build their consulting skills in a dynamic workplace - not just someone who best fits the static qualifications below. If you want to be locked in a room and left alone to code for three months, this is not the job for you. The person in this role will not only need to talk to their clients, but want to. Great communication skills - written, verbal, etc. - are key to ensuring that we're actually solving the problem, rather than just executing a set of instructions (the latter of which the best candidate will find boring). If this sounds like an exciting challenge, we'd love to hear from you!
- Strong development skills with Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Factory
- Strong experience using stored procedures, triggers, SSIS, SQL jobs and SQL configuration administration, and C# skills
- Demonstrated detailed technical understanding of technology stacks
- Experience with data extraction and manipulation, and ad-hoc query tools
- Strong understanding of relational databases, transaction processing procedures, and design tools
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to clarify requirements and create clear documentation
- Strong communication and workplace collaboration skills, client management
- Experience with Microsoft COSMOS
- Previous experience at Microsoft or other corporate experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
We're currently at over 80 employees and growing, and our reputation is only as good as our last set of projects -- we can't afford to have a project be anything less than resoundingly successful. We believe in "On Time". We believe in "On Budget". We believe that common sense is the rarest and most valuable form of genius and when Piraeus job postings say we want to hire the "smartest, most practical people the world has to offer", that's what we mean.
Piraeus Consulting is a fast-paced environment of extraordinarily talented individuals, and we were voted one of the top 50 companies to work for in Seattle for five years in a row. If you think you can keep up, have the stamina and discipline necessary to work with beta releases and tackle new platforms, we'll be excited to hear from you. www.piraeusconsulitng.com
Piraeus takes a unique approach to consulting. Our experienced managers coordinate a culture of learning where work streams are accomplished by their appropriate skill level, and employees are pushed to reach their potential. While this arrangement is great for our employees and fosters skill-building and career advancement, the benefit is as great for our clientele who get their business objectives met by assuring their client business problems are handled by the appropriate level of experience.
At the core of Piraeus Consulting are 3 unique offerings to deliver improvements across all divisions of our client's organization: Project Management, Business Analysis, and Development. No matter the level of experience, every consultant is backed by their corresponding team's dedication to best practices, professionalism, and expertise. We take great pride in identifying clients' underlying needs, answering unasked questions, and working both individually and collaboratively to create solutions that expand our clients' knowledge of their business and make them more effective in their roles.
Compensation: annual salary D.O.E., full benefits
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. You may be required to move from location to location (client site) or travel between locations (client sites) depending upon the need of the company at any given time. Piraeus Data cannot control the environment at client sites - sites will be different and the office environments will vary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and may be regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, climb stairs, and lift objects of up to 25 lbs (i.e. your laptop bag or other relevant equipment).
Piraeus Data LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Piraeus Data LLC does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, or any other legally-protected characteristic. All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. Please note: we will not be able to respond to every applicant and will not accept phone calls regarding this position. Post a Job
Solution Architect (11678)
Remote Bay Area
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better. What you get to do in this role:
Services Pre-Sales (30%)Define, at an architectural and design level of detail, technical solutions aligned with our client’s business problems
Communicate complex technical solutions to clients
Assist the Services Sale Executives in region with scoping complex service engagements typically involving ITSM, HR, Orchestration, Discovery or Platform plays
Will work with existing clients on developing technical solutions that may be delivered by ServiceNow Professional Services
Will work with Pre-Sales Solution Consultants/Architects on new business to understand and provide continuity for POV work into ServiceNow Professional Services
Research & Skills Development (20%)Maintain expert knowledge of the ServiceNow platform
Maintain current knowledge via internal webinars, case study, training, Wiki and all other resources available
Answer ServiceNow Community questions
Help mentor new Technical Consultants
Perform research into technology partner or other vendor solutions in context of client requirements for integration
Delivery (50%)Provide hands on assistance with the detailed design and implementation phases of select engagements
Demonstrate technical leadership on ServiceNow engagements with customers and partners
Assist delivery teams with resolving critical path technical issues, challenges
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
Experience in a Professional Services environment
Ability to both configure and demonstrate solutions in the ServiceNow platform
Experience designing and implementing client facing solutions leveraging involving enterprise software
Experience implementing and integrating enterprise software applications
Fundamental understanding of the key technologies relevant to the ServiceNow integration solutions including: SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SCP, FTPS
Is self-motivated / self-directed – capable of multi-tasking and accepting change both in tasks and schedule
Solid verbal and written communication skills
Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities
Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training
Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Post a Job
Senior Magento / Application Architect
This Magento/PHP Architect is responsible for building e-commerce applications, maintaining existing PHP code, optimizing MySQL queries, developing custom PHP solutions, and actively assisting in improving the usability, usefulness and functionality of highly customized consumer and business-to-business Magento Community and Enterprise Systems. We routinely build new systems and adopt legacy installations, so you must be able to architect well the new and troubleshoot the old.
- Develop Integrations with API-driven third-party systems such as SalesForce, NetSuite and SAP.
- Knowledgeable of fraud and site security issues.
- Implement and customize off-the-shelf Magento extensions and develop custom Magento extensions for both CE and EE.
- Work with front-end web designers to implement custom Magento templates.
- 5+ years solid Magento development and implementation experience.
- Proficiency in developing, debugging and optimizing complex PHP web applications.
- Your Magento skills are top notch (could you lecture at Imagine?).
- You fully understand Zend’s underlying architecture, the implications and challenges presented by the framework Magento is built upon.
- You have a deep understanding of Magento’s ORM architecture including simple models and Magento’s unique implementation of EAV.
- You’ve built many custom Magento modules. Blocks, Observers, Controllers, Models, Helpers, and SQL updates are all 2nd nature.
- You can stretch Magento to its limits and beyond. Have you gutted Magento checkout process and replaced it with an integration to another checkout system? Have you turned a Magento framework into a social network? Have you connected Magento to live lookups of shipping, pricing, payments, reviews, or other third-party integrations?
- Customer-focused with excellent follow through on commitments.
- Experience using PHP to create and consume web services (SOAP, XML-RPC, REST) and/or other experience implementing data integrations within the platform a plus.
- You are ramping up on Magento 2, and familiar with the differences, challenges and benefits between Magento 1 and Magento 2.