Architect Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Architect
Systems Architect - 1612Br
Employment Note: Full time perm with benefits
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Applied Science (or equivalent) in Electrical, Computer, Software, and/or Systems Engineering
3. Define Cyber Security solutions
4. Support of and/or participation in TIA, ETSI, or 3GPP secure related standards development processes
5. Minimum of 2 years’ direct experience in an advanced software/system development engineering environment is essential
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions' innovations, products, and services play essential roles in people's lives.
We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe.
We do this by connecting them to seamless communication networks, applications and services, by providing them with real-time information, and by arming them with intuitive, nearly indestructible radios and devices.
Motorola Solutions, Inc is reinventing itself to provide smart work group communication solutions by investing in building an enterprise ecosystem for public safety and other vertical markets. As part of this transformation, Motorola Solutions has developed an innovation hub in downtown Chicago to ideate, design, develop and quickly deploy an ecosystem that brings critical information to users in many important markets. We are looking for top professionals to help realize that vision.
We help people be their best in the moments that matter. This is our purpose.
|Department Description :|
|The Security Solutions team oversees the Cyber Security Program for all Motorola Solutions products. The ultimate goal of the organization is to define Cyber Security solutions that protect Motorola Solutions’ customers, their data and operations, as well as, provide differentiation of Motorola Solutions products and solutions in the area of Cyber Security.|
Job Description :
|As a team-member, in a lead or contributor role, you will be responsible to find new, innovative ways to define and architect solutions to enhance the security of Motorola Solutions products and solutions. Working with Development Teams, Management, Service, and Field Teams you will be exposed to both Cloud and On-Premise architectures, across a variety of risk environments. Specific responsibilities are:|
|Basic Requirements :|
Use this job description
Senior Architect / Ts/Sci Clearance Required
US Citizenship Required- TS/SCI Clearance Required- US Citizenship Required
- Support development of cross functional or large-scale automated information systems to include enterprise architectures
- Design system architectures to include the software, hardware, and communications to satisfy requirements and provide for present and future cross functional requirements and interfaces
- Provide comprehensive definition of all aspects of system development from analysis of mission needs to verification of system performance
- Perform evaluation of system alternatives and assessment of risks and costs.
- 5+ years leading large software development efforts
- 3+ years supporting programs using Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Storm, Spark, etc)
- 3+ years supporting programs using Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. AWS, OpenStack)
- Familiarity with Accumulo, MongoDB, ElasticSearch
- Architecting scalable secure web applications
- Interfacing Information Assurance (IA) and Security Engineers
- Comfortable delivering technical briefings and presentations
- Master’s Degree (e.g. information systems, computer science, math, or engineering) and 10 years of relevant technical experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (e.g. information systems, computer science, math, or engineering) and 12 years of relevant technical experience
- Certification Required:No
TS/SCI Clearance Required
US Citizenship Required
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance- 100% Company-Paid Premiums
- STD, LTD, and Life Insurance- 100% company paid
- 401K- 10% salary contribution immediately vested
- Bonus Plan
- PTO - up to 4 weeks/year
- Holidays- 10 paid/year
- Birthdays off with pay
- Upfront and Recurring Referral Bonuses
- Education Reimbursement
Phoenix Operations Group is a high-end engineering services company dedicated to protecting and advancing our national cyber resources. As a small start-up operating out of the Baltimore/Washington DC area, we rely on innovation to continually advance our employees' skills and provide game-changing solutions to our customers.
Our technical competencies include Big Data analytics (batch and streaming), Cloud Computing infrastructure, multi-INT visualization, and enterprise architectures. We support operational missions (All-Source, Financial, CND) and serve as Product Owners for our open-source research initiatives.
Please visit us at http://www.phoenix-opsgroup.com for more information. Use this job description
Cloud Data Architect - Azure
Beyondsoft's Consulting and BI Services Unit (formerly Piraeus Consulting) is expanding, and we're looking to grow our cloud development capabilities. We're on the hunt for a strong cloud developer looking to take the next leap in their career, and to build their consulting skills in a dynamic workplace - not just someone who best fits the static qualifications below. If you want to be locked in a room and left alone to code for three months, this is not the job for you. The person in this role will not only need to talk to their clients, but want to. Great communication skills - written, verbal, etc. - are key to ensuring that we're actually solving the problem, rather than just executing a set of instructions (the latter of which the best candidate will find boring). If this sounds like an exciting challenge, we'd love to hear from you!
- Strong development skills with Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Factory
- Strong experience using stored procedures, triggers, SSIS, SQL jobs and SQL configuration administration, and C# skills
- Demonstrated detailed technical understanding of technology stacks
- Experience with data extraction and manipulation, and ad-hoc query tools
- Strong understanding of relational databases, transaction processing procedures, and design tools
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to clarify requirements and create clear documentation
- Strong communication and workplace collaboration skills, client management
- Experience with Microsoft COSMOS
- Previous experience at Microsoft or other corporate experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
We're currently at over 80 employees and growing, and our reputation is only as good as our last set of projects -- we can't afford to have a project be anything less than resoundingly successful. We believe in "On Time". We believe in "On Budget". We believe that common sense is the rarest and most valuable form of genius and when Piraeus job postings say we want to hire the "smartest, most practical people the world has to offer", that's what we mean.
Piraeus Consulting is a fast-paced environment of extraordinarily talented individuals, and we were voted one of the top 50 companies to work for in Seattle for five years in a row. If you think you can keep up, have the stamina and discipline necessary to work with beta releases and tackle new platforms, we'll be excited to hear from you. www.piraeusconsulitng.com
Piraeus takes a unique approach to consulting. Our experienced managers coordinate a culture of learning where work streams are accomplished by their appropriate skill level, and employees are pushed to reach their potential. While this arrangement is great for our employees and fosters skill-building and career advancement, the benefit is as great for our clientele who get their business objectives met by assuring their client business problems are handled by the appropriate level of experience.
At the core of Piraeus Consulting are 3 unique offerings to deliver improvements across all divisions of our client's organization: Project Management, Business Analysis, and Development. No matter the level of experience, every consultant is backed by their corresponding team's dedication to best practices, professionalism, and expertise. We take great pride in identifying clients' underlying needs, answering unasked questions, and working both individually and collaboratively to create solutions that expand our clients' knowledge of their business and make them more effective in their roles.
Compensation: annual salary D.O.E., full benefits
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. You may be required to move from location to location (client site) or travel between locations (client sites) depending upon the need of the company at any given time. Piraeus Data cannot control the environment at client sites - sites will be different and the office environments will vary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and may be regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, climb stairs, and lift objects of up to 25 lbs (i.e. your laptop bag or other relevant equipment).
Piraeus Data LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Piraeus Data LLC does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, or any other legally-protected characteristic. All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. Please note: we will not be able to respond to every applicant and will not accept phone calls regarding this position. Use this job description
Enterprise Architect (Active TS)
ATSG is seeking resumes for an Enterprise Architect at the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Washington, DC to join the Information technology Management Section (ITMS). ITMS is the centralized entity in the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division which manages all major programs from conception to operational maturity. This work includes completing the tech refresh of the NGI system as well as the development, implementation, enhancement, testing, standards, and progression of the CJIS Division program technology systems.
The successful candidate will:
Lead the strategic planning activities for IT processing infrastructure on large scale IT compute platforms; lead IT architecture teams, working with IT project teams in the acquisition and implementation of large scale IT systems, and providing guidance for matters relating to the processing platform supporting CJIS systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field
- TS Clearance
- 12 years relevant work experience and certification in one or more of the following:
- Cisco Certified Internet Expert (CCIE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Open Group Master Architect
- Zachman Enterprise Architect Level 1 or 2
- Information Systems Examinations Board (ISEB)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visithttp://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
Use this job description
Senior Infrastructure Architect
- Perform systems design, administration, maintenance, and support of physical and virtual servers in a 24/7 enterprise production environment.
- Perform infrastructure changes, performing tuning, backups, and migrations.
- Provide infrastructure support to developers working on applications that use Microsoft Windows and Linux as a platform for Microsoft and Oracle RAC database.
- Support engineering Oracle RAC database, Microsoft Windows Server, and VMWare ESXi/vCenter.
- Upgrade application and troubleshooting software release and development support.
- Monitoring and execute infrastructure support ticket.
- Backup and recovery system/database (Oracle and SQL Server).
- Administer OU Active Directory.
- Monitoring tool in a large scale production environment and experienced with SQL Server 2008/2012/2014.
- Designing, architecture, and implementing Windows enterprise architectures.
- Configuring and troubleshooting load balancing equipment to provide high availability to web enabled applications.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years in Oracle 11gR2 RAC database administration.
- 6+ years’ experience in Microsoft Windows 2008R2 or above administration and server maintenance and system integration
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experienced with PeopleSoft and VMWare ESX/ESXI Server Administration and support
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills in Microsoft Windows server operating system 2008/2008 R2
- Extensive experience with virtual server technology – VMWare ESX/ESXi 5.x (or later)
- System monitoring tools (e.g., Oracle Enterprise Manager, NetIQ AppManager Suite, WhatsupGold)
- Backup and recovery software (e.g., EMC Avamar & DataDomain)
- Experience with ColdFusion, IIS Web, WebLogic, Linux and/or similar Unix-based servers, NetIQ and SQL Server 2008/2012/2014.
Minimum of Secret (Top Secret preferred)
clearAvenue, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Use this job description
Established in 1998, eTouch Systems is a technology services company that specializes in Digital Web Engineering. We deliver technology services and accelerate growth for Global 1000 companies by solving complex business challenges with breakthrough technical innovations. We deliver technology services and accelerate growth for Global 1000 companies by solving complex business challenges with breakthrough technical innovations”
We are looking for an experienced Automation Architect to join our highly qualified and experienced delivery teams
- Will help in development of the automation platform
- Experience in automation platform development using Appium
- Develop various modules related to Map integration, Geolocation etc
- Coding language – Python, Java (In this order of preference)
- All the above mentioned in Sr. Automation Engg
Yashica Khurana | eTouch Systems Corp
Tel : 510-795-4800 Ext – 167|Mob : 972-322-8956 |
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Use this job description
Associate Data Architect- Data Architect
The Data Architect / Associate Data Architect will assist in creating architecture, design, and governance of relational databases and ETL integration initiatives that support all business systems, including establishing the Enterprise Data Warehouse strategy. There will be up to 50% development, with the remaining time being design, analysis, and planning. The successful candidate for this position will be a self-starter; analytical thinker; a dedicated team player with is innovative with proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve issues; and has ability to manage multiple tasks with aggressive deadlines.
- Analysis of data requirements and development of appropriate logical and physical data models for both relational and dimensional data structures within the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
ETL / Integration – Lead ETL development efforts to design, manage, and complete systems integration. This includes development as well as assisting/mentoring other developers.
- Develop and maintain enterprise wide data architecture and administration standards including standardization of table names, column names, data types, etc. Enforce semantic consistency across the enterprise.
- Analyze and evaluate our existing Enterprise Data Warehouse and other databases for accuracy and best practice data standards/guidelines.
- A senior developer with data warehouse and system to system integration concepts.
- Experience with relational database software. SQL Server (2008 or later) preferred.
- Experience in all facets of the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of database design and modeling tools.
- Solid data administration, repository management, and data warehousing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of one or more of the following areas: Supply Chain Management, Sales, Logistics, Financials, and Manufacturing.
- Experience with a data integration tool, preferably Informatica PowerCenter.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably Infor M3 and/or other Infor modules
Use this job description
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Position Status: Contract (long term)
Our client is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland security and other federal agencies.
Seneca Resources is looking for an experienced Cloud Architect to support our DOD (Department of Defense) contract, working in Huntsville, AL to support our team in Huntsville, AL. The Cloud Architect will be a key team member on this highly visible, critical program and will be joining a team of highly respected technical professionals.
- Research oriented attitude, and ability to partner with business and other team members to help implement highly scalable architecture and features for online sales and services.
- Research, design and develop end to end technology stack (front end/backend) in support of REST Api’s to help support high volume web transactions.
- Identify potential emerging technologies that help run Digital platforms, in a highly scalable manner for a high traffic volume web setup.
- Partnering with business and Engineering leads to build strategies for execution, drive and/or facilitate key decisions, and influence others and lead change where appropriate.
- Designing, managing, building, configuring, administering, operating and maintaining all components of the cloud platform
- Scripting and maintaining build environments
- Resolving complex Windows AND/OR Linux systems administration issues
- Scheduling and performing hardware/software installations and upgrades, and maintaining them in accordance with established policies and procedures;
- Performing system testing, operations, administration and maintenance; Identifying system performance risks and problems, and developing and presenting solutions.
- Knowledge of and experience with Single sign on and Identity Management.
- Experience with the Federation of networks.
- Experience with other SDN components, principals, and protocols such as OpenStack.
- Knowledge of and experience working within the IBM Cloud Orchestrator.
- Ability to build and deploy using MS Azure
- Experience with RMF and Risk Based Approach.
- Experience with UML modeling required
- Knowledge of and experience working within the AWS.
- Experience with Role Based and Attribute Based Access Control
- Knowledge of the Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN)
- ITILv3 certification required
- Experience with the DODAFv2 Framework.
- Knowledge of JAVA Enterprise Edition.
- Be familiar working in a Service Oriented Architecture
- Have a working knowledge of .NET, Python and Angular JAVA Script.
- Experience working with JAVA Server Faces and Windows Communication Foundation Framework.
- Experience with RESTful Web Service and SOAP Protocols
- Be familiar with Security Assertion Markup Language
- Knowledge of enterprise security services and techniques, including identity and access management, network security, host security, and risk frameworks.
- Strong technical skills with Microsoft products including: Windows Server, SQL Server and IIS
- Comfortable using the MicroService Architecture model
- This position is open only to candidates with a minimum of a Secret Clearance
- MA/MS with 10 + years of experience or BA/BS with 12 years
Senior Cloud Architect
Reporting to the Associate Director of Cloud Platforms, you will be a primary driver for the team in global operational strategies in the cloud while driving our cloud initiative in High Performance Grid Computing and managing a scalable, continuous-integration architecture. Ensuring architectural best practices, such as loose-coupling, security at every layer, and regulatory governance is key. Strategic implementation of local and global solutions, with an eye to scalable, sustainable architecture, will be a core tenant. This role handles complex long-term projects involving multiple disciplines and across many different business units. We have to know you’ve been there and done that so bring your ideas, past and present experiences and high energy to this innovative technology team; help us bring this amazing company and industry through its cloud adoption, and beyond.
- You are someone who has successfully lead a migration of on-premise, cloud, and hybrid systems to AWS.
- You are an outside the box thinker and a problem solver who enjoys collaboration that leads to the best possible technical solutions.
- There are a lot of moving parts to this initiative that you understand better than we do because you’ve been through it.
- You excel at and thoroughly enjoy providing insightful evaluations of new technological developments and evolving business requirements, with strategic design toward whole-organization success.
- CloudFormation, Terraform; iterative template creation experience
- Solid exposure to Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- 10+ years experience, 4+ years AWS-specific
- *Nix preferred, WIN ok; mixed OS ideal
- Big Data experience; NoSQL (DynamoDB), Cassandra, Hadoop
- Docker/ECS, containerization experience preferred
- 2+ years experience in leading technical project teams, global/distributed team experience a plus
- DevOps tool/methodology experience around Jenkins, Confluence, Jira, (Agile) Scrum/Kanban, Github, (AWS) Codepipeline, (AWS) OpsWorks
- Ruby, GRAILS, Python scripting experience a plus
- Lambda scripting experience preferred
- Awareness around security concerning Data Sovereignty, HIPAA, ITAR (etc), a plus
Security Architect - Coppell, TX A041217
Job Title: Security Architect
Duration: 12 Months +
Responsible for providing highly advanced technical and analytical skills to the Technology Risk Management (Information Security) Office. Under the supervision of the Systems Director, Security Architecture, will assist in the collection of requirements and contribute Subject Matter Expertise (SME) advice in the areas of Cloud security architectures, designs, policies, and control standards with a special emphasis on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Proactively engages staff throughout company to communicate cloud security standards, guidelines and strategies. Works with project teams to ensure technical quality of cloud security focused deliverables and adherence to security standards, governance and controls practices. Considered a security and technical expert in cloud security technology, architecture, designs, systems implementation and integration, with deep, specialized knowledge of Amazon Web Services. Conducts technical research when necessary to contribute to setting cloud security direction and strategy. Assists others on own team, or other teams where applicable, on cloud security projects or security-relevant tasks on technical projects.
• Assists project teams during system design with the drafting of logical architectural and design models with a focus on cloud security
• Assists project teams during system design to promote the efficient deployment of IT assets to cloud environments in a secure and policy compliant manner.
• Advises project teams during system development to ensure compliance with security policies, guidelines, standards, controls, and governance
• Shares Client’s cloud security vision with key stakeholders by organizing discussions and formal presentations
• Participates in working groups of subject matter experts for definition and review of security standards, guidelines, principles, governance and controls
• Actively contributes SME advice to TRM members of the Cloud Hosting Evaluation Council
• Actively contributes SME advice to TRM members of the Architecture Steering Committee and appropriate architecture roundtable meetings
• Works closely with Chief Information Security Architect to ensure a shared vision across Company for cloud architecture and security
• Provides technical guidance to cross-functional application development teams
• Contributes to the technology strategy, vision, requirements, and solutions for enterprise cloud initiatives
• Designs, develops, and implements new cloud security technologies as necessary to support Client's business and technology solutions
• Consults with application development teams to determine cloud security requirements and for planning and delivering cloud based business solutions
• Assists in the development of estimates for cloud security for cloud hosted projects
• Contributes to defining time tables and project plans
• Assists in the definition of milestones and progress tracking
• Defines, publishes and maintains processes for security governance (i.e. compliance to principles, guidelines and standards)
• Coordinates the monitoring of the life cycle of specific cloud security assets
• Identifies, understands and documents extensions to, and variants from, cloud security and architecture standards