Architect Marine Job Description Sample
Marine Corps Community Services Job Fair
Marine Corps Community Services Job Fair Posting Date: 8/16/2017 Job Number: 5492888 Location: Quantico, VA Shift: 1st Security Clearance Status: Active Security Clearance Type: Secret US Citizenship Required: Yes Job Level: Individual Contributor Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Travel: None NCI is hiring in the Quantico/DC Metro Area We will be attending the Marine Corps Community Services Job Fair 8 September 2017 09:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The Clubs at Quantico, 3017 Russell Road, Quantico, VA 22134 NCI Hiring Managers and Recruiters are interested in meeting you and speaking with you if you are interested in joining a team of dedicated individuals interested in providing excellent support. We currently have immediate needs for the following skill sets (by uploading your resume to this posting we can contact you regarding the positions listed below):
Information Assurance Engineer
Service Delivery Manager
Enterprise Systems Manager
Help Desk Specialist
- Some positions may require certifications *All positions require active Secret clearance or higher facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Marine Joiner / Marine Carpenter
Position: Marine Joiner
Hutco Branch: Houma, La.
Rate Of Pay: $22.00 per hour / $33.00 overtime
Per diem rate available for non-locals
Currently seeking a 1st Class Marine Joiner to work in Houma, La. Joiners applying for this position must have at least 5 years of experience. To be considered for this Joiner opportunity, you must have knowledge of equipment, work processes, and techniques used for this role including the ability to fabricate, assemble, and install wooden furnishings in ships or boats using various machines and hand / power tools and follow generally observed safety practices.
- Must pass drug test and E-Verify.
- Personal Protective Equipment:
Hard Hat, Steel Toe Safety Boots, Safety Glasses, Gloves
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Employee will be required to follow all company policies and report any accidents or unsafe conditions encountered.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, sketches, and templates.
- Manipulate and operate all machines and tools essential to the performance of the position of Carpenter:
o Table saw, planer, joiner, saver saw, skill saw, drill motors, staple gun, stud driver, caulking gun, chisels, hammer, and handsaw.
- Load and unload lumber / plywood for transport and storage.
- Construct scaffolding, walls, overhead paneling and build bunks, locker, galley counters, vanity heads, doors, trimming, consoles for electronic equipment, sashes, molding, etc.
- Manipulate and transport loads up to 50 pounds over distances of up to 200 feet approximately 1 to 6 times during each 8 hour shift.
- Traverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights.
- Traverse and negotiate uneven surfaces and uneven heights between dock and vessel.
- Ascend and work at heights.
- Stooping, squatting, twisting, kneeling, and reaching.
A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
· Medical / Prescription
· Dental Coverage
· Vision Coverage
· Short Term Disability Benefits
· Term Life Benefits
· Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!
Apply Online or at the Houma Branch:
237-A North Hollywood Road
Houma, La. 70364
Contact: Chris Naquin, Javier Castillo
Se habla Español
Hutco, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Whether you need to find a job or build a crew, rely on Hutco to customize a work solution for you.
Naval Architect/ Marine Engineer
Chesapeake Shipbuilding, www.chesapeakeshipbuilding.com, is the most successful shipyard and naval architecture firm of its kind in the United States today. With over thirty years of direct industry experience, we have become a leading designer and builder of a notable array of commercial ships from 90 to 300ft. Our vessels operate all over the world and are suited for inland waterway or ocean service. Our specialization in the design and construction of luxury cruise ships, tugboats, ferry boats, and work boats has enabled us to develop an unrivaled expertise in this field.
Chesapeake Shipbuilding is a rapidly growing company with cruise vessels and tugs that are actively under construction and several projects that are in the design phase. The shipyard recently expanded to add a new state of the art fabrication building and added a new pier with launch way to the Wicomico River.
There are additional vessels on the order books and the shipyard is looking to hire talented Naval Architects and Marine Engineers that have a wide range of naval architecture and mechanical engineering skills. The Naval Architects will immediately take on a challenging variety of engineering projects.
Candidates should have Naval Architect and or Mechanical Engineering experience in analysis, planning, design, development and support of engineering projects.
- Performing concept, feasibility and design work for new and existing vessels.
- Vessel design, structural design and analysis, stability analysis, regulatory analysis and other naval architecture and mechanical engineering services
- Ability to generate vessel design and modification drawings using AutoCAD or other software to support design, design studies, and contract drawings
- Bachelors of Science in Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Must possess proficiency with software programs such as MS Office, Solid Works, and AutoCAD
Chesapeake Shipbuilding Corp. is part of a larger affiliated group of companies including American Cruise Lines, the largest U.S.A. cruise company, www.americancruiselines.com and Pearl Seas Cruises, www.pearlseascruises.com. Chesapeake Shipbuilding is a stable and profitable company and offers a work environment with upward mobility.
Chesapeake Shipbuilding is located in Salisbury, MD on the “Eastern Shore” conveniently located between the Chesapeake Bay and the resort beaches of the Atlantic Ocean. The lands and waters of the Eastern Shore offer a plethora of outdoor activities that include sailing, deep sea fishing, hunting and resort beaches. Apply today.
Our philosophy for success is simple; hire talented people then provide training, support systems and motivation so you will thrive. Long established and deeply experienced in cruise travel, American Cruise Lines has been honored with multiple awards.
Forever Resorts is searching for a Marine Mechanic for our Cottonwood Cove property located in Searchlight, NV 89046.
GENERAL PURPOSE: The Boat Mechanic is responsible for performing routine service and maintenance, diagnosing, and repairing all motorboats, houseboats and personal watercraft within the Black Canyon / Willow Beach Marina rental fleet and keeping all watercraft in safe and optimal working condition.
- Perform mechanical repairs on all watercraft within the fleet as required, including outboard motors, propellers, etc. Understand and follow service manuals, manufacturers’ service specifications and service bulletins to perform mechanical repairs.
- Perform preventative inspections and routine maintenance such as battery checks, service drive units, service controls, monitor operating conditions etc.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical failures aboard rental boats (both inboard and outboard motors) in the harbor and/or out on the lake.
- Perform emergency chase calls in response to customer requests and rafts for repairs on lake, complete chase call log and return sheet
- Maintain a clean work area, organize and clean tools as needed, after each use, keep parts and supply inventories organized.
- Handle and/or notify management of hazards or problems in a timely manner.
- Must own essential hand tools.
- Any other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Provide information to customers regarding resort, general area, and resort activities.
- Perform orientations to customers for all boats within rental fleet, as needed.
- Provide information to customers regarding vessels and vessel rental procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- OMC or Bombardier marine mechanic certification.
- Read, write, understand and speak English to communicate with customers and co-workers, read, interpret and follow service manuals, manufacturer’s service specifications and service bulletins, inspect, diagnose and make mechanical repairs and perform preventative maintenance.
- Knowledge of safe boat operation including Boater’s Safety Card.
- Knowledge of proper use of chemical cleansers, degreasers, oils and additives.
- Knowledge of inboard, outboard marine engines, outboard motors, propellers, boat maintenance and repairs.
- Know and follow all company, Environmental, Health and Safety Management Program policies and procedures.
- Maintain and convey a thorough knowledge of all safety and environmental procedures and requirements.
- Fill out work orders accurately and thoroughly.
- Keep accurate records for annual refurbishment for each vessel.
- Fill out maintenance logs thoroughly and accurately to record all completed maintenance work; file and maintain logs as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service, communicate courteously and effectively with customers at all times and promote professionalism and a high standard of excellence.
- Math skills to make arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to operate and dock all vessels in the rental fleet in a safe manner.
- Ability to launch and retrieve vessels using vehicles with trailers.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to diagnose and make repairs quickly and reliably.
- Ability to see and read engine models, serial numbers and part numbers
- Perform work in a manner protective of human health and the environment and promptly report any deviations of environmental policy to supervisor.
- Be aware of and participate, where necessary, in the achievement of environmental objectives and implementation of the environmental management system.
- Ability to maintain organized records.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work.
- Able and willing to work on-call as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Climb stairs and walk on uneven, sometimes slippery surfaces.
- Balance/stabilize, stand/remain upright and walk on uneven and moving surfaces (marina docks and boats on water).
- Step into and onto boats from docks and back to docks safely and repetitively.
- Kneel, bend, stoop and squat repetitively throughout shift.
- Twist and turn repetitively.
- Swim 500 feet and tread water (with a life vest if needed) for at least 5 minutes.
- Reach forward, overhead and down frequently.
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions including extreme cold, hot and stormy weather.
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) and distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more) and ability to adjust focus.
- Carry and use a VHF radio.
- Perform physical and manual labor.
- Use chemical cleaners, degreasers, oils and additives.
- Use electrical, mechanical and plumbing tools and equipment such as small hand tools, power tools, electrical diagnostic tools and davit/boom.
- Work in various positions bending over, crawling under and standing over objects to complete repairs.
- Lift up to 50 pounds on a daily basis.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High school diploma or GED.
- High School courses in small engine repair, auto mechanics, machine shop, electrical, science and/or math preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of marine mechanic work experience.
- Previous customer service work experience with heavy public contact.
- Previous work experience operating boats and/or boat rental fleets.
- Previous work experience with and knowledge of small hand tools, power tools, electrical diagnostic tools and davit/boom.
THE EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE
As a seasonal employer, Forever Resorts has it all. Your job, housing, meals, recreation, and administrative support are all right here. Your living expenses are minimal and your opportunities for adventure are endless.
Because of our location, staff love to come back year after year. At Forever Resorts we like to say that our staff are our #1 guests. We believe that staff satisfaction is the most important factor in our overall success as a business, and we invest in it accordingly. As a Forever Resorts employee expect to find managers that care about your success and aren't shy about getting down to work right alongside you to get the job done. Outside of work, we strive to provide a rich communal experience with lots of opportunities for connection and fun.
We want to provide a safe, healthy and comfortable existence for our staff so that they can do their best work and maximize their opportunities to explore. In that spirit, we offer clean, modern housing with an onsite manager to make sure everything stays ship shape, plenty of delicious food, and 2 scheduled days off every week.
Employee discounts are offered in the Gift Shop and Dining Rooms. You can also visit nearby Forever Resorts Properties, like the Grand Canyon North Rim & The Lodge at Bryce Canyon, as guests for a small fee as the availability presents itself.
Located centrally to 7 National Parks as well as Lake Powell National Recreation area the possibilities are endless for outdoor recreation. Local festivals, rodeos, county fairs abound as the chances for seeing the west are all in your front yard.
Forever Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Please advise us if any accommodations are required to assist you in the application process.
Marine Dock Operator
About Us: SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC) is a growing company with a proud tradition of excellence in providing product handling, operations, and logistics support at major oil refineries, chemical plants, and storage terminals in the United States and Canada. We are leaders in tankering barges, operating docks, switching railcars, operating warehouses, and loading and unloading tank cars and tank trucks with a variety of oil products and chemicals. We offer competitive wages, advancement opportunities, and industry-leading training and safety programs. Our excellent benefits package helps employees and their families maintain health, save money, and prepare for the future. At SGS PSC, we are a family-oriented company that fuels integrity, teamwork, and ambition. Our mission is to simply be the best at what we do and be recognized as the best.
Serves as person in charge of the dock, ensuring the safe transfer of products to and from vessels.
- Travels to job site as instructed by dispatcher within the allowable time frame.
- Carries all equipment from vehicle to facility assuring that all equipment necessary to complete the job will be close at hand.
- Completes and signs the Declaration of Inspection (DOI).
- Meets with the person-in-charge of the vessel for a pre-transfer conference in order to determine the facility’s expectations as well as what is required and expected from the person-in-charge of the vessel in order to accomplish the transfer in a safe and uninterrupted manner.
- Interfaces with United States Coast Guard, Department of Agriculture, and/or INS, (all in the case of transfers involving ships), as may be required in order to clear the vessel for the transfer.
- Prepares Notice of Readiness, in cases where the transfer involves a ship.
- Familiarizes the facility piping layout in order to ensure that the proper product and pipeline configuration is being utilized in the transfer.
- Maintains detailed dock logs to ensure all events are recorded in chronological order.
- Operates crane, hydraulic, electrical, or mechanical equipment in order to place the dock arm/hose in the best possible position to connect the dock arm/hose to the vessel.
- Communicates with facility personnel via radio and/or telephone in order to advise as to current status of transfer and report any problems that may occur.
- Operates manual and/or motor operated valves in order to control flow of product being transferred.
- Gauges barge as directed by facility.
- Procures sample of product from vessel as required by the facility.
- Wears all protective clothing and equipment, including respirator and fresh air equipment that may be required to transfer the product in a manner that insures maximum personal safety.
- Follows specific loading/discharge procedures given by the facility.
- Maintains open communication with person-in-charge of the vessel in order to ensure that the transfer is accomplished in a safe and efficient manner, as planned in the pre-transfer conference.
- After the transfer is complete and the hose/arm is disconnected from the vessel, operates crane, hydraulic, electric, or mechanical device in order to remove dock arm/hose thus returning it to proper storage area.
- Prepares and places on vessel a manifest as well as MSDS as required by facility.
- Calls the dispatcher in order to report all worker times, delays, discrepancies, and any other information of importance in the transfer.
Must have the ability to speak, write, read, hear and have good vision. Must be able to work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold. Must be able to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of said PPE. The physical requirements for a dock operator include the following: Lift 60-80 pounds to waist and carry up to 300 feet, walk 1-4 miles per job, climb stairs, climb ladders, step as much as 2 feet horizontal and vertical, extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting, grip/hold/pull 80 pounds.
18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.; stable work history with good references from past employers; pass a drug screen, physical, and background check; and speak fluent English.
Benefits: Key benefits and services offered (depending on eligibility) include affordable options for medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; matching 401(k) plan; employee discounts; industry-leading training and leadership development programs; paid sick leave, vacations, and holidays; safety incentives and bonuses; and much more.
Reporting to: If on-call dock operator – SGS Supervisor – Dock Operations; if plant dock operator – SGS Site Supervisor
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt
Hourly or Salary: Hourly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We're proud of the reputation we’ve earned for quality service and taking care of our employees. That has been and will always be at the heart of our mission “to be the best at what we do.”
An EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Long-established drystack operator and marine repair center at Alpine lake in northern California wishes to add a seasoned journeyman marine repair technician to our staff. This year-round opportunity is available immediately to a qualified individual who would be willing to relocate to beautiful Lake Almanor in Plumas County, CA. Our 52 square mile lake is a boater's paradise. Almanor Dry Dock stores over 300 vessels and provides winterizing, summerizing and repair services. Applicant must have demonstrable skills and verifiable job history for a period of not less than 5 years in the immediate past. A clean driving record with motor vehicle department print out must be presented prior to offer of employment. For additional information, please call Almanor Dry Dock at (530) 596-4406 xt 111
Marine Transportation Fleet Manager
Fleet Manager for Growing Tug and Barge Operation in the Northeast which primarily services the Atlantic seaboard.
Good pay, medical benefits, 401K & paid vacation.
Point-of-contact for 24 hour communication with the fleet, terminals and customers to ensure an efficient and safe operation.
- Log all voyage times, sea conditions, and weather.
- Perform charter party negotiations and execution.
- Responsible for keeping terminals, refineries and customers updated of voyage times, delays, etc.
- Assign voyages to vessels.
- Answer multiple phones in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain daily communication with all vessels (tugs & barges).
- Regular contact with office employees and managers.
- Daily communication with customers.
- Ability to multi-task, while maintaining careful attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively resolve issues in a timely manner using sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate high degree of professionalism.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software.
- Strong written, listening and verbal communication skills.
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills.
Looking for a full-time Marine Mechanic. On the water Boat/Yacht Mechanic to perform maintenance and repair. Year round work available. Gas engine experience is a must. Diesel and other small engine is preferred.
Marine Canvas Fabrication Manager
Established, growing, marine canvas shop in southern New Jersey is looking for a motivated individual to fill a full time management position. Must be experienced in patterning and installation of canvas and upholstery projects. Responsibilities include estimating and selling projects to customers, patterning and installation of jobs, and directing sewing schedule.
DESIRED SKILL SET:
- Strong work ethic,
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work well with customers and other team members;
- Creative thinking and problem solving abilities;
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks;
- Ability to independently follow through on all assignments to completion;
- Pattern/template making and preparation;
- Canvas and upholstery installation.
- Must have valid drivers license;
- Must be able to stand and move about the shop and on boats for extended periods of time;
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds;
- Must be comfortable with heights, water and tight spaces;
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
Marine Sales Associate
Sales Associate Responsibilities and
- Retail Sales Experience & Familiarity with boating are a big plus.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to be work efficiently both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly and maintain CRM database
- Exhibit strong problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- A winning attitude
We offer an outstanding Full Time benefit package for you and your family members.
Blackbeard Marine provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Blackbeard Marine complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!