Architect Marine Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Architect Marine
Marine Transportation Fleet Manager
Fleet Manager for Growing Tug and Barge Operation in the Northeast which primarily services the Atlantic seaboard.
Good pay, medical benefits, 401K & paid vacation.
Point-of-contact for 24 hour communication with the fleet, terminals and customers to ensure an efficient and safe operation.
- Log all voyage times, sea conditions, and weather.
- Perform charter party negotiations and execution.
- Responsible for keeping terminals, refineries and customers updated of voyage times, delays, etc.
- Assign voyages to vessels.
- Answer multiple phones in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain daily communication with all vessels (tugs & barges).
- Regular contact with office employees and managers.
- Daily communication with customers.
- Ability to multi-task, while maintaining careful attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively resolve issues in a timely manner using sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate high degree of professionalism.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software.
- Strong written, listening and verbal communication skills.
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills.
Forever Resorts is searching for a Marine Mechanic for our Cottonwood Cove property located in Searchlight, NV 89046.
GENERAL PURPOSE: The Boat Mechanic is responsible for performing routine service and maintenance, diagnosing, and repairing all motorboats, houseboats and personal watercraft within the Black Canyon / Willow Beach Marina rental fleet and keeping all watercraft in safe and optimal working condition.
- Perform mechanical repairs on all watercraft within the fleet as required, including outboard motors, propellers, etc. Understand and follow service manuals, manufacturers’ service specifications and service bulletins to perform mechanical repairs.
- Perform preventative inspections and routine maintenance such as battery checks, service drive units, service controls, monitor operating conditions etc.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical failures aboard rental boats (both inboard and outboard motors) in the harbor and/or out on the lake.
- Perform emergency chase calls in response to customer requests and rafts for repairs on lake, complete chase call log and return sheet
- Maintain a clean work area, organize and clean tools as needed, after each use, keep parts and supply inventories organized.
- Handle and/or notify management of hazards or problems in a timely manner.
- Must own essential hand tools.
- Any other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Provide information to customers regarding resort, general area, and resort activities.
- Perform orientations to customers for all boats within rental fleet, as needed.
- Provide information to customers regarding vessels and vessel rental procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- OMC or Bombardier marine mechanic certification.
- Read, write, understand and speak English to communicate with customers and co-workers, read, interpret and follow service manuals, manufacturer’s service specifications and service bulletins, inspect, diagnose and make mechanical repairs and perform preventative maintenance.
- Knowledge of safe boat operation including Boater’s Safety Card.
- Knowledge of proper use of chemical cleansers, degreasers, oils and additives.
- Knowledge of inboard, outboard marine engines, outboard motors, propellers, boat maintenance and repairs.
- Know and follow all company, Environmental, Health and Safety Management Program policies and procedures.
- Maintain and convey a thorough knowledge of all safety and environmental procedures and requirements.
- Fill out work orders accurately and thoroughly.
- Keep accurate records for annual refurbishment for each vessel.
- Fill out maintenance logs thoroughly and accurately to record all completed maintenance work; file and maintain logs as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service, communicate courteously and effectively with customers at all times and promote professionalism and a high standard of excellence.
- Math skills to make arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to operate and dock all vessels in the rental fleet in a safe manner.
- Ability to launch and retrieve vessels using vehicles with trailers.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to diagnose and make repairs quickly and reliably.
- Ability to see and read engine models, serial numbers and part numbers
- Perform work in a manner protective of human health and the environment and promptly report any deviations of environmental policy to supervisor.
- Be aware of and participate, where necessary, in the achievement of environmental objectives and implementation of the environmental management system.
- Ability to maintain organized records.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work.
- Able and willing to work on-call as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Climb stairs and walk on uneven, sometimes slippery surfaces.
- Balance/stabilize, stand/remain upright and walk on uneven and moving surfaces (marina docks and boats on water).
- Step into and onto boats from docks and back to docks safely and repetitively.
- Kneel, bend, stoop and squat repetitively throughout shift.
- Twist and turn repetitively.
- Swim 500 feet and tread water (with a life vest if needed) for at least 5 minutes.
- Reach forward, overhead and down frequently.
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions including extreme cold, hot and stormy weather.
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) and distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more) and ability to adjust focus.
- Carry and use a VHF radio.
- Perform physical and manual labor.
- Use chemical cleaners, degreasers, oils and additives.
- Use electrical, mechanical and plumbing tools and equipment such as small hand tools, power tools, electrical diagnostic tools and davit/boom.
- Work in various positions bending over, crawling under and standing over objects to complete repairs.
- Lift up to 50 pounds on a daily basis.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High school diploma or GED.
- High School courses in small engine repair, auto mechanics, machine shop, electrical, science and/or math preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of marine mechanic work experience.
- Previous customer service work experience with heavy public contact.
- Previous work experience operating boats and/or boat rental fleets.
- Previous work experience with and knowledge of small hand tools, power tools, electrical diagnostic tools and davit/boom.
THE EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE
As a seasonal employer, Forever Resorts has it all. Your job, housing, meals, recreation, and administrative support are all right here. Your living expenses are minimal and your opportunities for adventure are endless.
Because of our location, staff love to come back year after year. At Forever Resorts we like to say that our staff are our #1 guests. We believe that staff satisfaction is the most important factor in our overall success as a business, and we invest in it accordingly. As a Forever Resorts employee expect to find managers that care about your success and aren't shy about getting down to work right alongside you to get the job done. Outside of work, we strive to provide a rich communal experience with lots of opportunities for connection and fun.
We want to provide a safe, healthy and comfortable existence for our staff so that they can do their best work and maximize their opportunities to explore. In that spirit, we offer clean, modern housing with an onsite manager to make sure everything stays ship shape, plenty of delicious food, and 2 scheduled days off every week.
Employee discounts are offered in the Gift Shop and Dining Rooms. You can also visit nearby Forever Resorts Properties, like the Grand Canyon North Rim & The Lodge at Bryce Canyon, as guests for a small fee as the availability presents itself.
Located centrally to 7 National Parks as well as Lake Powell National Recreation area the possibilities are endless for outdoor recreation. Local festivals, rodeos, county fairs abound as the chances for seeing the west are all in your front yard.
Forever Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Please advise us if any accommodations are required to assist you in the application process.
Marine Corps Reserve Officer
The United States Marine Corps Reserve is seeking individuals of high moral, mental, and physical caliber to lead Marines in service to our nation. Marine Reserve Officers occupy positions in over 20 occupational specialties to include: Ground Intelligence, Counterintelligence/Human Source Intelligence, Signals Intelligence, Electronic Warfare, Infantry, Communications, Field Artillery, Combat Engineer, Tanks, Assault Amphibious Vehicle, Air Intelligence, Aircraft Maintenance, Aviation Supply, Low Altitude Air Defense, Air Defense Control, Air Traffic Control, Manpower, Logistics, Ground Supply, Financial Management, Public Affairs, and Military Police.
As a Reserve Officer, you will train with your unit one weekend each month while maintaining a full-time job in the civilian sector. Reserve Officers have the benefit of pursuing their civilian careers while serving within the geographic region of their choice. In addition, Reserve Officers are eligible to seek deployments worldwide in support of a wide variety of mission sets. Do you think you have what it takes?
- Upstanding, competitive & physically fit men or women between 18 and 28 years of age (Can obtain waiver up to 34 for exceptional individuals).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Currently enrolled full time (12 credits or more), or have graduated from an accredited, four-year college or university. Students in two-year colleges can sign a letter of intent to later transfer to a four-year university.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Must meet Marine Corps Height/Weight Standards
- Must be physically qualified (attain a 225 or better on the USMC Physical Fitness Test)
- Must be mentally qualified (e.g. meet at least one of the following)
- SAT Score of 1000 or higher (Math & Critical Reading)
- Composite ACT Score of 22 or higher
- AFQT Score of 74 or higher on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB). This is the method for students lacking the required ACT/SAT Score.
The kinds of battles Marines fight range from traditional warfare to humanitarian and disaster relief missions (HADR). The fighting spirit that helps them win these battles extends beyond the scope of their military service, and many Marines continue to serve in the communities where they live.
Marine Technician (Mechanic)
Marine Engine Technician
Lands End Marina is family owned and operated marina with 4 service bays, and over 200 wet & dry slips. We are located in Apollo Beach, off of Apollo Beach Blvd, approximately 25 minutes South of downtown Tampa. We’ve been in business for over 19 years. We are looking for a Outboard & I/O Engine Marine Mechanic - preferably with either/and/or Yamaha, Mercury, Mercruiser, Volvo & Suzuki Certification(s) MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 CERTIFICATION.
Qualifications... Minimum of 5+ years related work experience. Must be highly organized and capable of working on simultaneous jobs What we have to offer... Work 40/hrs per week, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, willingness to work extra when needed. Hourly rate negotiable based upon your experience. We pay 90% of your full medical coverage, by United Health Care after 90 days of continous employment - POS Plan Paid vacation: 1 week after 1 year, 2 weeks after 3 years, 3 weeks after 7 years, Several paid Holidays, even-though some are required to be worked (double-pay.)
Job Type: Full-time
· marine engine: 5 years
Marine Heating Equipment Service Technician
- Repair, test and help develop our products at our Seattle facility.
- Provide telephone support for our diverse and interesting clientele.
- Help grow our business and reputation within our industries.
Seattle area marine service technician position available immediately. Full time, in house position, working with proprietary heating and cooking systems. All product specific training provided. Position to include systems diagnosis, support, repair and sales. Need a self-starter with good communications skills, understanding of basic electronics and willingness to work.
Senior Marine & Subsea Surveyor
Caldwell Marine International, LLC is seeking candidates for the full-time position of Senior Marine & Subsea Surveyor. The name Caldwell has been synonymous with marine construction for over 60 years specializing in submarine utility installations.
This is an interesting and challenging senior-level position that would involve the setup, operation, and oversight of all company-performed marine survey operations. These operations would be related primarily to Caldwell’s Differential Global Positioning Systems (DGPS) as applied to subsea power cable installation. In addition, preferred candidates should have familiarity in the installation, operation and maintenance of related marine and subsea equipment.
Ideally, successful candidates would have experience in the following disciplines:
Experience in the setup and operation of marine navigation software suites such as WinFrog, HYPACK Dredge Pack, etc.
Experience in the operation and maintenance of marine electronic equipment such as DGPS systems, radio modems, echo sounders, subsea cameras and other related equipment.
Marine Dock Operator (Chemical Plant)
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC) is a growing company with a proud tradition of excellence in providing product handling, operations, and logistics support at major oil refineries, chemical plants, and storage terminals in the United States and Canada. We are leaders in tankering barges, operating docks, switching railcars, operating warehouses, and loading and unloading tank cars and tank trucks with a variety of oil products and chemicals. We offer competitive wages, advancement opportunities, and industry-leading training and safety programs. Our excellent benefits package helps employees and their families maintain health, save money, and prepare for the future. At SGS PSC, we are a family-oriented company that fuels integrity, teamwork, and ambition. Our mission is to simply be the best at what we do and be recognized as the best.
Serves as person in charge of the dock, ensuring the safe transfer of products to and from vessels.
- Travels to job site as instructed by dispatcher within the allowable time frame.
- Carries all equipment from vehicle to facility assuring that all equipment necessary to complete the job will be close at hand.
- Completes and signs the Declaration of Inspection (DOI).
- Meets with the person-in-charge of the vessel for a pre-transfer conference in order to determine the facility’s expectations as well as what is required and expected from the person-in-charge of the vessel in order to accomplish the transfer in a safe and uninterrupted manner.
- Interfaces with United States Coast Guard, Department of Agriculture, and/or INS, (all in the case of transfers involving ships), as may be required in order to clear the vessel for the transfer.
- Prepares Notice of Readiness, in cases where the transfer involves a ship.
- Familiarizes the facility piping layout in order to ensure that the proper product and pipeline configuration is being utilized in the transfer.
- Maintains detailed dock logs to ensure all events are recorded in chronological order.
- Operates crane, hydraulic, electrical, or mechanical equipment in order to place the dock arm/hose in the best possible position to connect the dock arm/hose to the vessel.
- Communicates with facility personnel via radio and/or telephone in order to advise as to current status of transfer and report any problems that may occur.
- Operates manual and/or motor operated valves in order to control flow of product being transferred.
- Gauges barge as directed by facility.
- Procures sample of product from vessel as required by the facility.
- Wears all protective clothing and equipment, including respirator and fresh air equipment that may be required to transfer the product in a manner that insures maximum personal safety.
- Follows specific loading/discharge procedures given by the facility.
- Maintains open communication with person-in-charge of the vessel in order to ensure that the transfer is accomplished in a safe and efficient manner, as planned in the pre-transfer conference.
- After the transfer is complete and the hose/arm is disconnected from the vessel, operates crane, hydraulic, electric, or mechanical device in order to remove dock arm/hose thus returning it to proper storage area.
- Prepares and places on vessel a manifest as well as MSDS as required by facility.
- Calls the dispatcher in order to report all worker times, delays, discrepancies, and any other information of importance in the transfer.
Must have the ability to speak, write, read, hear and have good vision. Must be able to work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold. Must be able to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of said PPE. The physical requirements for a dock operator include the following: Lift 60-80 pounds to waist and carry up to 300 feet, walk 1-4 miles per job, climb stairs, climb ladders, step as much as 2 feet horizontal and vertical, extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting, grip/hold/pull 80 pounds.
18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.; stable work history with good references from past employers; pass a drug screen, physical, and background check; and speak fluent English.
Benefits: Key benefits and services offered (depending on eligibility) include affordable options for medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; matching 401(k) plan; employee discounts; industry-leading training and leadership development programs; paid sick leave, vacations, and holidays; safety incentives and bonuses; and much more.
Reporting to: If on-call dock operator – SGS Supervisor – Dock Operations; if plant dock operator – SGS Site Supervisor
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt
Hourly or Salary: Hourly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We're proud of the reputation we’ve earned for quality service and taking care of our employees. That has been and will always be at the heart of our mission “to be the best at what we do.”
An EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Long-established drystack operator and marine repair center at Alpine lake in northern California wishes to add a seasoned journeyman marine repair technician to our staff. This year-round opportunity is available immediately to a qualified individual who would be willing to relocate to beautiful Lake Almanor in Plumas County, CA. Our 52 square mile lake is a boater's paradise. Almanor Dry Dock stores over 300 vessels and provides winterizing, summerizing and repair services. Applicant must have demonstrable skills and verifiable job history for a period of not less than 5 years in the immediate past. A clean driving record with motor vehicle department print out must be presented prior to offer of employment. For additional information, please call Almanor Dry Dock at (530) 596-4406 xt 111
Technician - Marine
Copher's Boat Center in Fort Smith, Arkansas is seeking a marine technician to add to our team.
Marine Technician Experience and/or certification preferred but candidates with mechanical backgrounds and ability to learn will be considered.
Must have tools. Background check and drug test required.
- Troubleshoot, diagnostics, repairs, and testing of all types of marine engines. Primary brands include: Mercury, Mercruiser, Indmar, PCM
- Install and/or repair boating accessories such as Lowrance units, MotorGuide, MinnKota, WetSounds.
- Work on computer using OEM supplied diagnostic software
- Rigging of boats such as: Lowe Boats, Malibu Boats, Axis Boats, Triton Boats, Bayliner Boats.
- Ability to learn and be trained.
- Self motivated and willing to work hard and stay on task without a lot of direction
- Able to work independently or with a team
- Able to work in both in-door and outdoor environments
- Passion for boating and the outdoors preferred
You may also fax, mail, email, or drop by to hand in resume or pick up job application.
Learn more about our dealership at www.cophers.com
Copher's Boat Center
8111 Hwy. 271 S.
Fort Smith, AR 72908
email: (don't use spaces): i n f o @ c o p h e r s . c o m
"Providing Family Fun Since 1971"
Experienced Boat Mechanic / Marine Technician
We are looking for an experienced Marine Technician to join our award winning team. We are an authorized Yamaha (YAMAHA KEY DEALER), Mercury, Suzuki and Volvo Penta service center. We offer a great work environment, top pay and an opportunity to work for one of the top professional organizations in the marine industry.
Job responsibilities include:
-Diagnosing and repairing problems with O/B & I/O engines, marine systems & electronics
-Repairing outdrives & lower units
-Water testing boats
-Rigging new boats
-Installing electronics & accessories
-5+ years of experience as a technician in the marine industry (Experience is a MUST)
-Must have own tools (computerized diagnostics tools are provided)
-Experience with Yamaha, Mercury, and Suzuki outboards and Volvo Penta and MerCruiser stern drives is a plus
-Driver's License & a clean driving record
-Boat operating knowledge & towing knowledge
-Certification is a plus
References required. Must pass drug test.