Armature Winder Helper Repair Job Description Sample
Repair Recertification Helper
Thank you for your interest. Wage Type: Hourly/Non Exempt Summary of the Job:
To assist shop personnel in the Repair Recertification of equipment in the Oil and Gas industry to validate conformance to quality specifications. Duration of the work week may be 50 hours, and may require some late night and weekend work to meet strict deadlines. Essential Functions:
Uses a variety of hand tools (hammer, screwdriver, wrenches) Uses a variety of air tools (etcher, die grinder, impact wrench) Uses a Power Washer. Additional Functions:
Uses a forklift to transport parts.
Uses hoists to lift parts. Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Works cooperatively with all co-workers and colleagues. Provides leadership through example and sharing of knowledge and skills. Required Education/Experience:
High School diploma or GED (Preferred) Oilfield experience would be helpful for identifying product, but not necessary. Necessary
Ability to work with hand tools, hoist, forklifts, computers and some machining machines.
Perform routine maintenance on equipment. Understanding written information in work related documents. The ability to tell when something is wrong or likely to go wrong.
Use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Physical Demands: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, stand and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands, fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Disclaimer: Although the Company has attempted to accurately and thoroughly describe this position, the Company reserves the right to change the same, including to change, add to or subtract from the duties outlined, within the sole discretion of the Company, at any time, with or without advance notice.
Trailer Repair Mechanic Apprentice Laborer / Helper
We are seeking a Trailer Repair Mechanic to join our team!! We are looking for qaulified mechanics who are willing to work for a purpose on trailers and containers.
- Work safely and efficently
- Perform quality inspections
- Replace suspension components and landing legs
- Make repairs that are documented
- Patch / Weld containers
- Change tires
- Peform air brake inspections and repairs
- Supply your own tools (basic)
- Strong work ethic
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Welding experience is a plus
- Hostler (yard goat) experience is a plus
- Knowledge of shop equipment
We look forward to having you be apart of our growing company!
Automotive Repair Shop Helper
We are looking for a full time shop helper that works hard and has mechanical capabilities. Looking for a motivated individual that wants to learn how to Diagnose, fix and repair Europe cars , Will train the right person if you show your willingness and capabilities to learn and are able to pickup what there is to learn fast. Some auto repair knowledge would be nice but not necessary. Would be nice if can drive a stick shift. While you are training, work that needs to get done consists of, helping fellow technicians, maintaining shop cleanliness, picking up parts , dropping of and picking up customers, picking up cars with our tow truck, anything that improves shop work flow while training for the position.
Electric Motor Winder
Brick Staffing is seeking an experience Motor Winder for our client in Litchfield, MN
•Provide electro-mechanical repair services for industrial AC/DC electric motors, generators, gear boxes and related equipment.
• AC/DC stator, rotor, and armature winding with random and form coils.
• Must have experience with random wound motors.
• Must be able to safely use overhead, gantry cranes, and lift trucks and associate lift rigging.
• Must be able to work from drawings, sketches, and blueprints.
• Will run and interpret test equipment for rotating machinery.
• Must be able to identify problems and make the necessary electrical repairs.
• Will be required to perform field service at customers’ sites.
• Observe all safety procedures and maintain housekeeping in assigned area.
• Perform electrical tests using portable test equipment such as multimeters, meggers, hi-pots and surge comparison testers.
• Perform mechanical measurements using portable mechanical instruments such as dial indicators, micrometers, and portable vibration measurement equipment.
• GED and or High School education
• 5 years’ experience electric motor repair
• AC/DC stator, rotor, and armature winding with random and form coils.
• Required equipment use; cranes, and forklifts
• Balance, clean, assemble, paint, final testing, run test load and no-load, QC documentation.
• Perform field service at customers’ sites as required.
• Forklift experience
• Valid Driver’s License
Electric Motor Winder
We are currently looking for a Motor Winder in the Heights area of Houston to start immediately.
Must have experience!!!
Role and Responsibilities-
Re-wind various types of electro-mechanical equipment including but not limited to single phase, three phase, armatures and wound rotors.
-Inspect various types of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions
-Ability to dismantle, strip and record coil data for AC/DC machines (motors/generators)
-Cut and remove defective coils, record data and remove insulation from core slots.
-Cut and form insulation and insert into rotor, stator, or armature slots
-Install and align formed or random coils in slots
-Replace defective coil leads and solder/braze connections of coils in specified sequence
-Test condition of windings according to EASA standards
-Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect refurnished parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions
-Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment and document test results
-Operate specialized repair and testing equipment including but not limited to winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, bake ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various handheld power and non-power tools, etc.
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum of 3 years exp.
Location- Heights area
If you meet these experience and qualifications you may go online to expresspros.com and complete online application. you may also contact us at 713-523-5530 for more information!
Clay Modeler / Armature Builder
Clay Modeler / Armature Builder Apply for this Position Job description Baker Industries is looking for a skilled Clay Modeler to mold full-sized or scale models of parts, to be used in conjunction with CNC machining, out of clay, from written or verbal instructions. Employment: Full-time Duties and responsibilities
Build rough lumber form to fit around model or centers preformed lath-covered wood frame on a platform.
Kneads Clay into slots between laths so claw will adhere to frame
Molds clay by hand to approximate shape
Shapes sculptured surfaces using various types of sculptor’s tools or scrapers
Scrapes Clay from high areas and builds up and smooths areas to attain desired shape
Cuts cardboard templates for use as guides to shape symmetrical sections Qualifications
High School or GED + 1+ year previous experience required.
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Highly organized with attention to detail
Experience with fabrication and machining preferred. Benefits
Dental & Vision
Life & Short-term Disability + 401k with employer match
Armature Technician/Field Service
This position is responsible for performing basic armature preparation work and assisting in rewinding electromechanical equipment. The essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
Assist with dismantling and/or stripping including band removal (with supervision) of damaged or unserviceable electromechanical equipment.
Perform incoming tests on armatures.
Assist with illustrating and/or documenting all data relevant to unit’s electromagnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage, or intended serviceability.
Steam clean or solvent clean armatures. The position requirements are:
Six months hands on mechanical experience.
Maintain a clean, neat, and safe work environment at all times.
Operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times.
Promote strong company image and maintain positive working relationships at all times including professional behavior with customers (very infrequent) and co-workers throughout the department (daily basis).
Provide outstanding customer service at all times.
Perform work according to established company policies and procedures. Please attach a resume and include a cover letter describing why you are qualified for this role based on the position requirements described above. Shift: First
Location:* Casper, WY
Job Type:* Internal & External
This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the WINDING Production Manager.
This position is on-site from 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
This position is paid hourly starting at $11.00. Health benefits are available, and employees may join a 401(k) plan after one year. Metro card pre-tax program is available.
QUALIFICATIONS & DUTIES:
· Examine and test wired electrical components such as motors, armatures, and stators, using measuring devices, and record test results.
· Test electrical equipment or systems to ensure proper functioning.
· Record operational or production data.
· Operate or tend wire-coiling machines to wind wire coils used in electrical components such as resistors and transformers, and in electrical equipment and instruments such as bobbins and generators.
· Operate metal or plastic forming equipment.
· Review work orders and specifications to determine materials needed and types of parts to be processed.
· Read work orders or other instructions to determine product specifications or materials requirements.
· Cut, strip, and bend wire leads at ends of coils, using pliers and wire scrapers.
· Select and load materials such as workpieces, objects, and machine parts onto equipment used in coiling processes.
· Assemble electrical or electronic equipment.
· Cut industrial materials in preparation for fabrication or processing.
· Select production input materials.
· Load materials into production equipment.
· Record production and operational data on specified forms
· Record operational or production data.
· Attach, alter, and trim materials such as wire, insulation, and coils, using hand tools.
· Trim excess material from workpieces.
· Apply solutions or paints to wired electrical components, using hand tools, and bake components.
· Apply protective or decorative finishes to workpieces or products.
· Operate heating or drying equipment.
· Stop machines to remove completed components, using hand tools.
· Remove products or workpieces from production equipment.
· Disassemble and assemble motors, and repair and maintain electrical components and machinery parts, using hand tools.
· Disassemble equipment for maintenance or repair.
· Maintain production or processing equipment.
· Repair production equipment or tools.
· Line slots with sheet insulation, and insert coils into slots.
· Assemble metal or plastic parts or products.
· Time Management: Speed is of the essence. Being able to manage how much time is spent on a project is important.
BACKGROUND CHECK & REFERENCES:
Applicants who pass the proficiency exam will be required to provide contact information for willing personal and employment references, and may be required to provide a release for a criminal background and credit check. Candidates may also be subject to pre-employment drug screening.
Please email résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Winding Position." Qualified candidates will be contacted with further instructions. Do not call or apply in person.
Electric Motor Winder
Inspect various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions.
Test condition of windings according to EASA Standards.
Illustrate and/or document all relevant data specific to unit’s electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage or intended serviceability.
Dismantle and/or strip damaged or unserviceable electro-mechanical equipment.
Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions.
Rewind various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment, including but not limited to: single phase, three-phase, dc fields, armatures, wound rotors and transformers. Observe proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding.
Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment according to EASA Standards and document test results.
Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, back ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various hand-held power and non-power tools.
Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment (especially eye, ear protection and steel toe shoes/boots, gloves, etc.) * Keep work area clean and organized.
Report all injuries, near misses and accidents immediately to a supervisor.
All other duties as assigned. Required Skills
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is desired.
Certification from a Technical school helpful.
Mechanical aptitude required.
Prior experience working as a Winder desired. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets. Tracking Code: 790-773 Job Location: Augusta, Georgia, United States
Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular
Electric Motor Winder
Under general supervision, Assembles and tests electric motor and generator stators, armatures, or rotors: Inspects cores for defects and aligns laminations, using hammer and drift. Files burrs from core slots, using hand file, portable power file, and scraper. Lines slots with sheet insulation and inserts coils into slots. Cuts, strips, and bends wire leads at ends of coils, using pliers and wire scrapers. Twists leads together to connect coils. Taps coil and end windings to shape, using hammer and fiber block. Tests windings for motor-housing clearance, grounds, and short circuits, using clearance gauge, growler, spring-steel blade, telephone receiver, insulation tester, and resistance bridge. Winds new coils on armatures, stators, or rotors of used motors and generators. May rewind defective coils.
1. Read and interpret schematics of electrical equipment and mechanical equipment.
2. Identify and utilize lubricants.
3. Identify and utilize cleaning materials and solvents used in maintenance of electrical equipment.
4. Interpret color coding.
5. Properly use and care for small and large shop tools, vehicles, trucks, and heavy and light equipment.
6. Troubleshoot, inspect, repair/recondition/rewind and test electrical equipment.
7. Disassemble and inspect motors.
8. Rewind AC/DC motors/generators.
9. Properly use abrasive blasting equipment.
10. Remove, fit up and install bearings.
11. Prepare rotor for balance
12. Reassemble motor and AC/DC generators.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to perform preventive maintenance according to published guidelines.
2. Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
3. Ability to read, understand, and follow strict safety procedures.
4. Ability to interpret technical manuals.
5. Knowledge of computerized maintenance management principles as related to supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
6. Ability to repair, dismantle, install or move machinery and mechanical equipment.
7. Knowledge of maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment and systems.
8. Ability to perform inspections and make necessary adjustments to conform to job specifications.
9. Ability to test systems and log results.
10. Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
Credentials and Experience:
High school diploma or GED; at least 2 years of trades experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Physical Requirements and Environment:
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, bio-hazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 60%) of job.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of personal protective equipment.
Our Mission: We, at Laron provide industrial support services to established and newly acquired customers to increase the uptime of their operations. To accomplish this we build on our core values of innovation, responsiveness, first-time-quality and value-added-service. We strive to maintain a business environment that is principled, moral and honest with our employees, customers, vendors and lenders.
Our Vision: To be the preferred solution resource for industries that provide the fundamental needs of a changing world through Service Innovation and Education.
Safety: Laron has no greater priority than the safety of our employees. Our Total Quality Service Program encompasses not only the quality of our work but also the safety or our employees, customers and vendors.
LARON is a Drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workforce.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!