Armored Car Guard And Driver Job Description Sample
Security Guard - Driver
For nearly 100 years our famous red trucks have been safeguarding valuables. Let us show you what it means to be part of a team and feel like you have an extended family at work.
Dunbar offers job security, great benefits and a career path with the opportunity to be promoted and excel. If you enjoy meeting customers and the freedom of working outside an office while wearing the uniform of one of the most respected companies in the field this may be the opportunity for you.
Every Dunbar Armored truck has two people on board—every day. We don't leave anything to chance- Your safety and security are our top priorities!
• Dunbar Armored: Miami
• 8081 NW 66th St
• Miami, FL 33166
$12.00 per hour
What You Will be Doing:
As a Driver Guard with Dunbar, you will work with a partner to transport cash, coin and other valuables to and from our clients’ businesses. You will interact with and maintain a safe and secure environment for our customers and their employees. You will represent our company as a security professional.
• Operate armored trucks and other vehicles in a safe manner.
• Learn to use our handheld scanner and routing equipment.
• Maintain a security awareness at all times, whether driving a vehicle and watching for your partner outside of the vehicle delivering shipments to the customer.
• Receive cargo at the beginning of the shift and check in cargo at the end of the shift, ensuring the balancing of receipts.
• Perform necessary pre and post trip safety inspection of your vehicle.
What to Expect from Us:
• Insurance including health, dental and life
• 401(k) with company match
• PTO (Paid Time Off) for FT and PT - Accrual Commences Upon Hire!
• Company-Supplied Uniforms & Firearm
• Bullet Resistant Vest Purchasing Program
• Overtime after 40-Hour Workweek
What we Expect from You:
- Since you will be operating an armored vehicle, you will need a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- A minimum of three years of driving experience is required.
- Florida D security license is a minimum requirement.
- Must be able to obtain G license.
- Additional requirements include:
- • At least 21 years of age
- • Completion of all Department of Transportation requirements.
- • Ability to obtain a gun permit where necessary (a criminal conviction may prevent issuance of a gun permit).
- • Ability to lift cargo, weighing 30-50 pounds a bag.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Preferred candidates have previous armored car or professional driving experience.
- Preference is also given to candidates with a military, police, delivery or messenger backgrounds.
Dunbar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, disability, veteran or other protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
Driver / Guard - Security
What You Will be Doing: As a Driver Guard with US you will work with a partner to transport cash, coin and other valuables to and from our clients businesses.
You will interact with and maintain a safe and secure environment for our customers and their employees. You will represent our company as a security professional. Additional Responsibilities Include:
Operate armored trucks and other vehicles in a safe manner. Learn to use our handheld scanner and routing equipment. Maintain a security awareness at all times, whether driving a vehicle and watching for your partner outside of the vehicle delivering shipments to the customer.
Receive cargo at the beginning of the shift and check in cargo at the end of the shift, ensuring the balancing of receipts. Perform necessary pre and post trip safety inspection of your vehicle. What to Expect from Us:
Insurance including health, dental and life 401(k) with company match PTO (Paid Time Off) for FT and PT - Accrual Commences Upon Hire! Company-Supplied Uniforms & Firearm Bullet Resistant Vest Purchasing Program Overtime after 40-Hour Workweek What we Expect from You: Since you will be operating an armored vehicle, you will need a valid driver s license with a good driving record.
A minimum of three years of driving experience is required. Additional requirements include: At least 21 years of age Completion of all Department of Transportation requirements.
Ability to obtain a gun permit where necessary (a criminal conviction may prevent issuance of a gun permit). Ability to lift cargo, weighing 30-50 pounds a bag. Our Ideal Candidate Preferred candidates have previous armored car or professional driving experience. Preference is also given to candidates with a military, police, delivery or messenger backgrounds.
WE ARE A proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, disability, veteran or other protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
Driver / Armed Security Guard
GardaWorld Cash Logistics is a leader in armored transport with over 12,500 highly qualified cash services professionals and 250+ secure operations centers across North America. We provide advanced technology designed for accountability, transparency and procedural integrity, 24/7 support and a superior client experience.
Ideal candidates will meet the following
- High school diploma/general equivalency diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Driver/Messenger candidates must be 21 years of age or older.
- A minimum of 2 years of related security, driving or transportation experience is preferred
- This position requires individuals to have or be able to obtain and maintain active guard and firearm permits or licenses on a current basis as required by state regulations.
- Must currently have and be able to maintain an active driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in person and by radio.
- Strong customer service skills are a must.
- If required by location, qualified candidate must be willing and eligible to obtain a CDL Class B within six months of date of hire.
- Military or police background is a plus.
- Heavy lifting required (50lbs+)
- Individuals must be willing to operate large vehicles in all weather and traffic conditions.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
We offer competitive wages, full-time schedules and a great benefits package for eligible full time employees to include medical, dental, vision, holiday pay, paid vacation, 401K plan and much more!
Due to the nature of our business, candidates must meet the requirements of a rigorous a pre-employment background investigation and pre-employment drug test. Physical exam and other testing may be required.
EOE, Drug Free Workplace
Check out all of our great job opportunities and learn more about GardaWorld at www.garda.com
Each day, GardaWorld solves tough problems; we secure global commerce and protect our clients people, assets and reputations. They see us as a vital interconnected partner. In less than two decades, our work has taken us from the oil fields of Kurdistan to the financial institutions of the US and airports in Canada.
We operate across a broad range of sectors, including financial services, infrastructure, natural resources and retail. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, governments and humanitarian relief organizations. Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, our 62,000 highly trained, dedicated professionals serve clients in North America, Africa and the Middle East.
The GardaWorld Cash Services business is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs 8,000 highly trained specialists across the U.S. We securely manage and move money on behalf of clients in a number of industries, ranging from financial institutions and government to retail, restaurants and hospitality.
Security Guard / Patrol Driver / Mobile Security Division
Please read entire job description before you apply.
Pay: Dependent on Experience
Available Positions In: Palm Beach County
Shift(s) available: Overnight 1900 - 0500
You must have a security license prior to starting and be over 25 years old.
As a Community Based Officer (Patrol Driver), you would be responsible for:
- Reporting to all shifts on time, in the appropriate field officer uniform as outlined in the S88 Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conducting vehicle patrols in our patrol vehicle throughout client properties.
- Understanding and meeting the needs of each unique site and updating other guards at the time of each shift change.
- Protecting a site (apartment community, business mall, construction site, special events) in a fixed location by following the Signal 88 protocol as outlined in the S88 Standard Operating Procedures
- Guard duties will include: making presence known; providing escort for residents or customers to designated locations as requested; preventing trespassing or loitering on site; routinely checking doors; lighting, trash and security assessments; detailed activity reports of each shift. Guard will not be using force of any kind, only a visual deterrence.
- Special event security duties may include: providing a safe and orderly environment for attendees; help control traffic and assist with parking; bag, ID and ticket checks; detailed activity reports.
- Controlled access duties may include: badge printing and checking; camera monitoring; phone duty; area checks by foot patrol; weekly report summaries for client review.
- Concierge service duties may include: badge printing and checking; customer service for guests or tenets; area checks by foot patrol; phone duty.
- Additional duties as required by the site Post Orders
- Conducting vehicle patrols in our highly marked Signal 88 security vehicle.
- Completing all appropriate on-line and physical training modules.
- Convey a command presence.
- Be firm yet professional.
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Have a valid Florida class D security guard license.
- Successfully pass a drug test and background check.
- No criminal convictions as specified under Signal 88 Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Good typing skills, as all reporting is done online.
- Ability to work alone.
- Ability to learn new software in an efficient and effective time frame.
- Able to provide proof of ability to work in the United States.
- Ability to interact with all levels of Signal 88 and client employees and the public in a direct, timely and professional manner.
- Ability to get along with other employees, follow directions, work under stress, add value and continuously improve.
- Ability to conform to established procedures and to help identify and solve problems.
- This job posting is for multiple available open positions. Starting pay depends on experience, with quick advancement if you work hard.
Benefits to the position
- Promotions based on merit, not seniority. (Your pay is dictated by performance, not how long you have been here)
- Room for advancement / growth within the company.
- Consistent schedules
- Paid advanced training
- Signal 88 Security of WPB provides veteran's preference hiring points.
- If you are claiming veteran's preference, you will be required to present your DD-214 during the interview.
Driver/ Armed Guard
- Signing Bonuses ranging from $1,000 to $2,000. You must have certain qualifications and maintain good-standing employment with the Rapid
- Union subsidized medical benefits. Get your medical coverage for $10.00 a week
- A competitive salary, 401(K), safe driver bonus and other incentives
- A comprehensive benefits including dental and vision plans
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Referral Program. Referrals can earn you $500 per employee
- Part-time and full-time positions
- Company-Supplied Uniforms
- Weekly pay on Wednesdays
To qualify for the position:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Possess a valid NYS Drivers’ License
- Must be able to obtain a NYC Carry Gun License
- Pass a Department of Transportation Physical and Drug Screen
- Undergo a thorough Background Investigation
- Complete a 47-hour Armed Guard Course (preferred but not required
- Having Armored Car Messenger or related experience is advantageous
- Military background is desirable
- Possessing a Premise License is a plus
Responsibilities and Duties
Driver/Guards provide optimal customer service through accurate and efficient delivering, pick-ups and transportation of our customer valuables. The Driver/Guards must also be able to drive an armored vehicle. Some of their duties include:
- Perform pre-trip inspection on vehicle reporting and repairs needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness and upkeep of company vehicle.
- Load and unload required shipments onto/out of company vehicle.
- Observe customer location and your surroundings for security and safety.
- Deliver and receive customer shipments.
- Perform loading and balancing of ATM machines (some routes).
- Perform driving responsibilities and obey traffic laws.
- Complete all paperwork correctly and completely.
- Communicate any and all issues or warnings with dispatch.
- Responsible for all liability carried out and returned at the end of shift.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment by following Rapid’s safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or manager.
Qualifications and Skills
So, what are the qualifications needed to get this job? Well, we at Rapid Armored are always looking for candidates with security, driving, and/or military experience. Customer service experience is also welcomed. Here is a list of some other qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Great verbal and written communication
- Legally able to work in the US.
- Willing and able to carry and use a firearm while on duty.
- Solid work history also a must.
- Will submit to checks which may include education, employment, driving, and criminal.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule. On occasion, maybe required to work up to 6 days a week, with rotational days off as scheduled. These hours may include weekends and holidays.
- Able to pass a required post-offer drug screening and DOT physical exam.
- Able and willing to attend both initial and annual training as required by the company, State or City.
- Agrees to consistently follow firearms, driving, and operational procedures and uphold company policies and standards set forth by the company in the employee handbook and operational documentation and manuals.
Licensing and Certification:
- Ability to obtain and carry a valid City Of New York Carry Guard license permit for a handgun. In addition, a shotgun license may also be required at the discretion of the company.
- Ability to obtain and carry a valid class D operator driver’s license.
- The 47 hour armed guard course certificate is REQUIRED.
- Obtain any other ID's, licenses or registrations required by local, state, or federal authorities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds from the ground to standing erect with arms extended at sides repeatedly.
- Ability to push and pull up to 2,500 pounds (one coin skid) with a hand pallet jack.
- Ability push and pull up to 400 pounds on two-wheeled hand carts, up and down inclines.
- Ability to repeatedly step into and out of the vehicle.
Overnight Rental Car Driver
PLEASE COME SEE US AND ASK FOR....
GCA Services Group
86 Olympia Drive
Newark, NJ 07114
Located inside Avis Budget Group office. Please look for a building in the back of the car lot with a large American Flag. You can speak to the security guard in the booth at the entrance of the lot.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision employees will transport individual passenger vehicles (compact through large suv) throughout the NY/NJ area to meet customer needs. Employees will be responsible for filling out basic paperwork, to track vehicle movements as well as keeping in constant communication with our dispatch office.
*Hiring for: Open Flexibility, Day, Night, and Overnight positions available
*Position(s): Shuttler/Car Transporters
*Schedule: 5 days a week; mixed days beginning at either 6pm- 2;30am or 10pm- 6:30am
*Location: Avis Budget Fleet Office, Please tell guard at gate you are here for GCA Services Group
*Pay: OVERNIGHT $10.00
Must be at least 21 years of age
Must have a valid US Driver's License for a minimum 3 years with a good driving history
Must be able to SAFELY and EFFICIENTLY operate a vehicle day or night and in all weather conditions.
Must be able to communicate by telephone/two way radios.
Must be able to read, understand and complete driver trip sheets and other documents.
A criminal background check, results of which are not necessarily a bar to employment, and a drug screening are requiredare required
With over 38,000 employees in 46 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, GCA serves a variety of sectors, including manufacturing, corporate office buildings, high-tech, bio-pharmaceutical, nuclear power, energy & utilities, defense, K-12 schools, higher education, the rental car market, and others. Our clients include numerous Fortune 100 companies.
GCA's management team is recognized as one of the strongest and most experienced in the industry.
CDL Driver / Guard
Loomis is hiring for a CDL Driver / Guard job in Addison,TX Loomis is hiring for a CDL Driver / Guard job in Lubbock,TX Loomis is HIRING Join A Winning Team Today We are currently seeking CDL Driver/ Guards for the Lubbock area. EXCELLENT PAY Starting pay is $13.75 per hour A CDL is required Loomis offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Automatic 401K Plan for all employees Dental, Vision, Medical Long Term Disability Flexible Spending Accounts Life, AD&D plans Loomis seeks highly qualified individuals to join our team and become a fully functional Armored Services Technician (AST). These positions are sometimes referred to as driver/guard or messenger/guard. Loomis offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Automatic 401K Plan for all employees Dental, Vision, Medical Long Term Disability Flexible Spending Accounts Life, AD&D plans Armored Service Technicians work as a team on a designated route.
You will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of cash and coin to Loomis customers, as well as the loading and balancing of ATM machines along your route. If you enjoy meeting customers and the freedom of working outside an office while wearing the uniform of one of the most respected companies in the field, this may be the opportunity for you. You will be thoroughly trained in a classroom setting and receive on-the-job training with an experienced Armored Service Technician.
We believe that our people make Loomis a great company. Loomis teammates are constantly encouraged in personal development and are updated on the newest safety and security training. Our training is second to none in the industry.
Requirements for the Drivers/Guards: Must be at least 21 years of age Show steady employment history Must have current Drivers License and good driving record Carry a minimum of 50 pounds by hand up to several hundred yards by cart Loading/unloading cargo consisting of multiple bags and boxes of coin Unrestricted ability to bend, stoop, squat, stand, walk, climb, twist, turn and reach out Verbally communicate with customers Record information on forms and reports Requires that you pass a Department of Transportation screening and be issued a DOT Medical Certification Must pass a comprehensive background check that includes criminal history check, credit check. A CDL license is required to be considered.
We have openings for applicants for the following work schedules: Starting time may vary between 5:30AM to 7:30AM Average hours per day may vary between 8 hours to 12 hours. Starting pay is $11.00 per hour.
If you are interested in this Driver/Guard opportunity, click on the APPLY NOW button below Loomis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/V/D Drug Free Workplace.
Security Guard Patrol Driver
Pay & Benefits: Patrol Drivers starting wage: $10.25 per hour during probationary period with drivers bonus. Guard wage: $9.75 per hour during probationary period.
Increases occur once probation periods are fulfilled and maintained without problems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Driver is responsible for checking numerous clients during shift and reporting times and findings for each.
Security guard duties vary. Requirements &
Security Guard: Must be 18 years of age Must have HS diploma or GED Must be able to obtain a security license as issued by KCMO Private Officers division Must have personal transportation Must be able to read, write, and speak clearly in English Patrol Driver Must meet security guard qualifications Must be at least 21 years of age or older (24 preferred) Must have a clean driving record (MVR)
Armed Security Guard Driver - Armored Truck
GardaWorldis hiringFull-Time, Armed Security Guard Driversto be a part of ourSecure Transportation TeamsinOakland, CA. This role is responsible for the protection and transportation of coin, currency, and other valuables, while maintaining the utmost professional demeanor as they transfer assets via armored vehicles to and from our client base of leading financial institutions, retailers, and restaurants. This is an armed position.
If you have a valid U.S. driver s license, at least 21 years of age, willing to get a security guard and firearm licenses and are willing to drive a large, armored vehicle in all weather conditions, then we want you to apply today!
GardaWorld offers qualified armed security guard driver candidates:
- Competitive wages with extra hourly pay for crew leader positions
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, holiday pay, paid vacation, 401K plan and much more
- No experience required
- Training and career advancement opportunities
Apply now to be considered!
- At least 21 years of age or older
- Valid U.S. driver s license
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Willing to submit to background checks
- Physical ability to repeatedly lift at least 50 lbs
- Armed security guard and firearm licenses,or willingness to obtain them
- Available to work a full-time schedule any day of the week including weekends
Get your security career started today by joining GardaWorld s winning team!
GardaWorld is one of the world s top security companies we are the largest privately held security services and business solutions provider to Fortune 500 companies, governments, businesses of all sizes and humanitarian relief organizations throughout North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Associated topics: alarm, countermeasure, explosive detection, loss control, loss prevention, metal detection, protection, safety officer, secure, security officer
ISS UniGuard Security is currently looking to hire several class A unarmed security officers to work in the Independence Mo. Distribution Center as a security vehicle patrol officer. Shifts are Weekends only.
Officers will be responsible for promoting a safe environment for guest and associates of the facility, assist in maintaining order, enforce internal rules and regulations, Investigate and report incidents involving the loss of property, theft, personal injury, motor vehicle accident, etc. that may result in claims against the facility. Provide escorts for associates and guests.
Safely operate/ drive a security vehicle while on duty at the underground caves/ facilities.
Report and documents any unsafe working practices or conditions, recommend corrective action.
Monitor, document and report suspicious activity observed on security cameras.
Identify visitors at service entrance, issue and collect passes in accordance with procedures.
Control and account for all keys specifically keys to critical areas
Conduct investigations of all incidents of theft, fraud, violence, property damage, personal injury, unlawful entry, trespassing and any other event that creates a disturbance on the premises or which may result in a claim against the organization. Create a detailed written report of your investigation.
Observe persons on premises who abuse the facilities, intrude into restricted areas, disturb or intrude upon the privacy of guest and initiate action to remove such individual(s) from the premises.
Thorough knowledge of facilities emergency fire, bomb threat, first aid and tornado procedures and evacuation plan.
Maintain a detailed log book and activity sheet entries.
Act as information booth for persons entering on business, etc.
Log in items and secure items for lost and found.
Other duties as assigned by management
Previous security experience
Must possess and maintain a valid driver license and satisfactory driver record
Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Ability to create a legible activity/incident/investigative report
Capable of communicate with tact and professionalism when speaking to groups of people
Class A license and Independence security license
The majority of the shift is spent on vehicle patrol, driving the interior and exterior perimeter of the facilities to observe and identify potential security and safety risks.
The position requires some walking and standing, frequent bending, head turning, reaching and grasping.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 45 lbs. Pushing and pulling an average of 40 lbs.
Write and speak English fluently
Bilingual a plus
$10,000.00 Free Life Insurance
Vision and Dental
Qualified individuals please reply to this Ad.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!