Art Conservator Job Description Sample
Special Conservator Of Peace (Scop)
Collections Care Conservator - Full Time
Senior Art Director
ART - Senior Lighting Artist
- Lighting tasks on a significant portion of game environment.
- Must communicate effectively.
- Work closely with Leads and Art direction to achieve art goals.
- Master proprietary lighting system, tools and systems.
- Must be able to meet milestones and deadlines.
- Troubleshooting lighting, art and tech issues, work to solve the issues with Leads, AD or engineers.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5-years of experience in video game production with solid understanding of advanced run-time rendering technology, deferred lighting, light maps and baked lighting tech.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and desire to take on responsibilities within team-based work environment.
- Must have general knowledge of physical based lighting and rendering.
- Ability to research or track down real-world reference when needed.
- Traditional drawing, painting, photography or sculpture skills a plus.
- Excellent Maya skills.
- Highly developed eye for color, compostion and detail.
- Problem solver with ability to learn new technologies and software on-the-fly.
- Previous PlayStation game development a plus.
Portfolio and other Requirements
- A portfolio review is required.
- Applicants must be able to work in the USA and willing to relocate to the Seattle, WA area.
- Bonus if you have photography portfolio.
Special Conservator Of The Peace (Scop)
Temp Parttime Faculty: Art History
Production Art Supervisor
Creating art for modern video games is a demanding mix of technology, passion, and a lot of experience. There is no substitute for time in the seat crafting and learning what it takes to make the work demanded by today’s top titles. Teams need leaders who know this first hand. Are you ready to lead our teams to meet these challenges?
We are seeking to fill an immediate Art Director position. Applicants must be able to work on-site at Liquid Development, located in Portland, Oregon. As an Art Director, you will have the opportunity to leave your mark on multiple projects each year. These projects range from Triple-A, next-generation console titles, to fantastically fun and popular social and mobile games. Liquid Development offers a fun and cooperative work atmosphere, where collaboration is encouraged among the diversely talented team to remain on the cutting edge of content creation.
Here is a brief list of responsibilities and requirements for an Art Director at Liquid Development:
- Strong game production work experience showcasing top quality work.
- Manage projects and artists to ensure milestones are completed on time, to budget, and to spec.
- Ability to create budget and time estimations for asset production.
- Define and communicate the key components of the project style and design.
- Ability to lead teams of artists by instruction and example.
- Define technical specifications and QA process for projects.
- Expert understanding of industry standard techniques and tools.
- Enthusiasm to expand knowledge in keeping with industry evolution.
- Ability to work in multiple software packages and game engines (i.e. 3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush, Unreal, Unity).
- Experience managing external artists.
- Strong traditional artwork in portfolio.
- Understanding of physically based rendering techniques.
About Liquid Development
Liquid Development was founded in 2000 and is the largest outsourcing art studio in North America. We offer a fun and cooperative work atmosphere, where collaboration is encouraged among a diversely talented team to remain on the cutting edge of content creation. Everyday Liquid Development is producing work at the forefront of modern game production and the demands for our services continue to grow. Batman, Halo, Mass Effect, Borderlands - Liquid Development is the team these titles turn to when they need the best.
Please send your portfolio to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
PTO, Dental, Medical, Vision
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!