Art Conservator Job Description Sample
Art & Design (Assistant Professor)
Responsibilities Benefits Supplemental Questions
This position is a hybrid tenure-track teaching/gallery coordinator position and will support and enhance the new Studio Arts and Design curriculums with a focus on arts-based photography (digital imaging) and senior seminar. The successful candidate will also manage the University art galleries, participate in the Art Collection Committee, and manage the University Foundation's permanent collection of artwork. Division of time (teaching and gallery/collections) will be about 50/50, with 3-4 courses taught per academic year.
The successful applicant will oversee select Gallery interns, and participate in the development and planning of Gallery and Studio space for two new buildings into which the Art & Design department will potentially be moving. The incumbent will need experience installing New Media artwork.
Teach art-based photography courses and senior seminar to Studio Arts, Design and Art Teaching majors. The incumbent would be expected to teach courses that would include, but are not limited to ART 277 Digital Imaging, ART 377 The Constructed Photograph, and ART 444 Senior Art Seminar. The candidate must be able to teach from foundational to advanced courses.
The candidate must manage program curriculum, equipment, and facilities.
This position will work closely with the Studio Arts, Design, and Art Teaching programs. We are looking for a team player who is willing to work alongside all Art & Design disciplines. Collegiality is important to our department--this is a small department working closely together, looking for a collaborator to work together for a common cause.
The incumbent will work closely with the University Advancement Office and with the community as part of ongoing departmental outreach.
Instruct courses in varied locations, at varied times, and via various media commensurate with department and university needs.
Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement to enhance knowledge of the field.
Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study in the field to enhance teaching abilities.
Contribute to student growth and development including student advising.
Support Winona State University's mission to enhance the intellectual, social, cultural and economic vitality of the people and communities we serve by providing assistance and service to the program, department, college, university, and the greater community. Serve on department, college, university and community committees.
- This position may require some weekend or evening work time when installing an exhibition to meet a deadline.
•Earned MFA in Photography or similar terminal degree.
At least 2 years experience in managing and coordinating a non-profit Gallery space.
Experience installing New Media / interactive artwork.
Demonstrated commitment to quality teaching.
•Experience with online and hybrid teaching delivery.
Skills/ability to design and integrate technology for enhanced learning and teaching.
Professional photography experience
Additional Information:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review begins March 21, 2019
APPLICATION MATERIALS: In addition to completing the online application, please attach the following to your application: 1.A cover letter which addresses the qualifications listed previously; 2. Curriculum Vitae/ Resume; 3. Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate); 4. Statement of Teaching Philosophy; 5. Digital Portfolio - (a)15 examples of personal/professional work, (b) 10 examples of successful gallery installation / evidence of effective gallery coordination and (c)additional 10 examples of student work if applicable. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact Lori Mikl, Director of Affirmative Action/Equity & Legal Affairs, Winona State University at email@example.com or (507) 457-2766.
APPOINTMENT DATE: August 19, 2019
RANK: Assistant Professor
SALARY: Commensurate w/ Experience
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Probationary/Tenure-Track (9 month appointment)
POSITION AVAILABLE PENDING BUDGETARY APPROVAL.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States.
If hired, official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources prior to first duty day.
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty organization (IFO) which can be found at http://www.minnstate.edu/system/hr/contract_plans/index.html
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a vehicle Use Agreement form and conform to Minnesota State College and Universities vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
Persons writing letters of reference should be advised of Minnesota's open record law which can make such letters available to applicants upon request.
A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System. An equal opportunity educator and employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Fine Art Shipping Associate
SUMMARY: Responsible for all tasks related to accurately packing and shipping items in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess packaging needs adequately for delicate items
- Receive, deliver, and pick-up local and long distance consignments
- Assist loading and unloading items
- Prepare setup and break down for previews and auctions
- Maintain and organize supply and garage
- Build custom crates and other custom packaging.
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma required
- Minimum 1 year of shipping experience in an office and packaging environment (not warehouse)
- Basic understanding of estimating for small package and LTL shipments.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to repeatedly lift 40 to 70 pounds for approximately 8 hours on a daily basis
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and basic knowledge of computer skills
- Must be highly detail-oriented
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment; hours are 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM; work extended hours nights and weekends due to overnight travel, if necessary.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE
Street Marketing Team (Temp) - Saatchi Art & The Other Art Fair
Presented by Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair is a leading art fair for discovering emerging artists, with editions in cities around the world, including London, Bristol, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Sydney, and Melbourne. Unlike at traditional art fairs where attendees buy from galleries, The Other Art Fair offers attendees unparalleled direct access to artists, alongside experiential programming, appealing to first-time art buyers and seasoned collectors alike.
We are looking for part-time Street Marketing Team Members to help us promote and educate potential patrons of our Los Angeles fair happening on March 28-31 at the Magic Box at The Reef in Downtown LA. This is a temporary position paid at $12/hr.
Leaf Group, The Other Art Fair's holding company, is a diversified internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a dedicated Street Marketing Team grows with us.
You'll Report To: US Marketing Manager & Los Angeles Art Fair Assistant
A typical day as a Street Marketing Team Member might include:
Understand the brand and be capable of speaking knowledgeably and enthusiastically about the fair
Be prepared to interact with individuals and businesses within the community on behalf of The Other Art Fair
Distribute leaflets and flyering in high footfall areas around the city
You'll be successful if you love talking to people about cool new happenings, want to support emerging artists, and are dependable.
What You Have:
Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
Must have reliable transportation to the local area
Shifts are on a 2-4 hour basis and can be on weekdays and weekends (flexible scheduling with advance notice)
Must be available during weekdays and weekends for shifts
Excellent verbal and written communication. You're comfortable interacting with new people.
Proactive, problem-solving mindset. You are motivated to complete tasks on time and support the team's goals.
Our environment is informal but we work hard and responsibly. An upbeat, supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
Paid Assignment ($12 hourly)
Free entry to the fair
Winner of Comparably's 2018 Best Company LA Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
Winner of Built In LA's 2018 Top Small to Mid-Sized Companies to Work for
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.
Adjunct Faculty Member - College Of Arts & Humanities / Fine Art & Art History
Adjunct Faculty Members Have you considered the exciting intellectual challenges of teaching high-ability students at Christopher Newport University? The Department of Fine Art and Art History in the College of Arts and Humanities at Christopher Newport University is accepting applications from prospective adjunct faculty members to teach individual courses, as needed, in the following areas in Fall Semester 2018. ?Ceramics ?Digital Photography ?Introduction to Digital Media (Photoshop and Illustrator) ?2d and 3d Design CNU is committed to excellence in teaching in a students-first, liberal arts and sciences environment.
Along with demonstrated ability for excellent teaching, candidates must hold an earned graduate or terminal degree from a regionally accredited university in a relevant discipline, with 18 completed semester hours of related graduate course work. Official transcripts will be required at the time of hire. Candidates for hire are required to complete a CNU sponsored background check.
To apply, please submit the following materials: 1.Cover letter describing qualifications 2.Curriculum vitae (resume) detailing relevant teaching and/or professional experience 3.Contact information for at least three references Review of applications will begin immediately. Christopher Newport University, an EO Employer, is fully committed to Access and Opportunity.
Adjunct Lecturer Of Art & Art History
The Department of Art and Art History at the College of William and Mary is recruiting a pool of persons for possible part-time adjunct teaching positions. This pool will be accessed ONLY when an opening arises.
Your credentials will remain active as long as the pool position is available but no more than one year. After the pool closes and if you are still interested, you must reapply to the most current adjunct pool. If you have previously submitted an application for an instructional position at William and Mary via the online system your existing application documents can be easily transferred to this position pool.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The review of applications is ongoing.
A Master's degree is required for all Studio Art positions and a PhD is required for all Art History positions.
A Master's degree is required for all Studio Art positions and a PhD or ABD with speciailization in Art History or a related field is preferred at the time the candidate begins the appointment, August 10 for fall and January 10 for spring start date. Previous academic teaching experience is desirable.
ART - Character Artist
- Create highly-efficient, realistic next-gen characters.
- Help design, construct, document, and enforce pipeline procedures to deliver competitive, cutting edge assets.
- Work with our Character Tech Art and Game Design teams to integrate content into our proprietary engine.
- Work with our Concept Team to ensure our character designs feel believable and fit into the world we are creating.
- Ensure that the high-quality bar established by the Art Director is achieved.
- Experience making cloth in Marvelous designer to create realistic cloth.
- Experience making detailed characters in Zbrush.
- Experience with industry standard 3-D packages (3D Studio Max and Maya), Photoshop, and Substance Painter.
- Be comfortable working with scan data.
- Solid hard surface modeling skills (both high res and low res models).
- Experience making efficient low res models, UV maps and textures within the provided budget and without sacrificing the quality.
- Solid understanding of materials and being able to texture different types of assets such as skin, cloth, metal, etc.
- Strong human sculpting skills with an ability to create highly realistic facial likeness.
- Strong understanding of human and animal anatomy and costume design.
- Strong understanding of silhouette and its impact on perception of content.
- Strong understanding of current physically based rendering technology and understanding of real-time pipelines.
- Ability to deliver quality work within deadlines and adapt rapidly to changing technology.
- Must be able to work well within a team, collaborate productively, accept direction and embrace change.
- Passion for making and playing great games with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
- A portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.
- Blend shape
- Traditional art
- 3D Coat
This is full-time onsite role in the sunny Seattle area. Please apply with your portfolio, and qualifying candidates should expect to take an art test.
Animation Art Cataloger
Are you knowledgeable with animation art and animation history? Then set your sights on a high-profile career in our prestigious environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com) world’s largest collectibles auctioneer and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world with sales in fine jewelry, luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, fine and decorative arts, entertainment, music, and more!
SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting the Director of Animation Art in cataloging, processing consignments for auction, building relationships with bidders and consignors, and providing specialist opinion for evaluating, authenticating, and cataloging of properties consigned for online and catalog display. This is not a graphic animation position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Candidate should be well acquainted with animation art, including but not restricted to knowledge of specific animation films and TV specials, and of the studios that produce them.
- Evaluates animation art, including production art, drawings, concept art, cels and cel background art.
- Schedules animation art consignments for auction.
- Writes descriptions for online and catalog display based on notes from consignor, the Director of Animation Art, and based on personal knowledge.
- Answers inquiries.
- Assists at previews and actively participates in auctions.
- Must have a high school degree or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of two years education and/or experience in working with evaluating animation art, or the ability to demonstrate comparable expertise
- Extensive knowledge of hand drawn animation history and detailed knowledge about physical animation art required
- Must be highly proficient in basic Microsoft applications, specifically Word and Excel, have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, high ability to multitask, pay great attention to detail, and have a positive attitude with exceptional customer service skills.
- Public speaking talents are a plus!
The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Heritage:
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal.
Art Instructor -Indy-Castleton
- Instruct step-by-step realistic acrylic painting, watercolor and/or drawing classes
- Use and promote only Chartpak branded products (such as Grumbacher and Koh-I-Noor, etc.) in classes
- Hourly rate plus $3 per student
- Hourly rate plus $7 per student for 6 students in attendance or less
- Hourly rate plus $10 per student for 7 students in attendance or more
- Upload 3 REALISTIC samples of each medium you are able to teach (No digital work accepted. Please upload only jpg, jpeg, or pdf files under 5MB each.)
- When applying, choose only one location
Department Assistant, American Art
Provide Assistant/KCMA support for Kayla Carlsen:
processing and tracking expense reports
coordinating and maintaining calendars
client system tracking and updating
Provide general departmental administrative support:
answering the main department telephone line
NSV letter support for department email inbox
Provide support for auctions:
sending pre- and post-sale letters
maintaining long-term and pre-sale interest lists
formatting and sending condition reports and images
obtaining and organizing comparable images for catalogues
comp image/copyright organization for catalogues
Assist on specific sale-related projects including coordinating and mailing highlights packages, scheduling viewings for clients, registering clients to bid in sales, assisting specialists with telephone bidding
Assist with pre-catalogue production as needed including literature/archive checks
Provide daily support to clients and help bring together the capabilities and resources required to deliver an extraordinary client experience
Help to ensure our client system has the most up to date and accurate information
Maintain excellent client service
All other tasks as assigned by manager
Occasional long hours required, including late evenings and weekends during sale deadlines, exhibitions and auctions
Category Director, Art & Culture - Airbnb Experiences
Founded in 2008, Airbnb is a global travel community that offers magical end-to-end trips, including where you stay, what you do and the people you meet. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb's accommodation marketplace offers access to millions of places to stay in more than 191 countries, from apartments and villas to castles, treehouses and B&Bs. With Experiences, people can see a different side to a destination through unique, handcrafted activities run by locals. All of this is brought together in one easy-to-use and beautifully designed website and app.
We are looking to re-invent the way people experience Art and Culture in both travel destinations and in local communities. We want our Art and Culture category to delight our guests by giving them unique access with the world's most hospitable and knowledgeable hosts. And we want to do that all around the world. This is a big, big mission and we need a passionate and committed leader to revolutionize this sector. Leading a small team, you'll develop our global strategy and work with Product, Marketing and Operations teams to realize that vision and make it a reality. You'll work in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment. Above all, you'll need to be ready to embrace the adventure and be an industry pioneer.
Own the vision and execution of Art & Culture on Airbnb Experiences
Design and execute a winning business strategy that has quality as its central goal
Motivate and lead a high-performance team, providing clarity with goals, removing obstacles and setting the team up for success
Influence operations, product and marketing organization to ensure programs are executed on a global level
Responsible for the measurement, quality and effectiveness of existing Art & Culture Experiences and hosts
Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of scalable processes, partnerships and marketing initiatives to accommodate the rapid growth objectives
12+ years of relevant global operations experience with at least 5+ years in a leadership role
Experience in building a business or organization and taking it from zero to scale
Passion and domain knowledge for the Art and Culture category
A bold and compassionate leader with a proven ability to grow and develop a team
Customer or account acquisition experience and a history of meeting or exceeding related targets
Track record of maintaining positive relationships and increasing engagement with customers/clients/partners
Skilled at managing internal, cross-functional relationships, projects, and workflows
Ability to make thoughtful decisions in real time to provide support and solve problems as they arise
Exemplary work in influencing diverse internal and external groups to follow a certain course of action
Ability to travel nationally and international every quarter
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!