Art Director Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Art Director
Sr. Art Director - Key Art
Global consumer brand is seeking a Sr. Art Director to join their team. You will work within a division that focuses on developing television programming, distributing and producing films. Ideal candidate will have big brand large scale studio or TV experience with strong key art skills.
Responsibilities will include:
·Manage a project from start to finish: from sketches, to comps, to directing a photo shoot, to the development stage, collaborating with production in the pre-press process, to create a final product.
· Collaboratively and participate in internal brainstorming sessions with other art directors and writers
· Articulate and sell ideas to larger group of peers as well as senior management.
· Maintain a thorough understanding of the creative and technical process, stay current with contemporary trends in typography, photography and design.
· Understanding of the 4-color printing process and ability to handle press checks
· Build and maintain positive relationships across the company. Leverage those relationships to develop creative assets that benefit all partners involved.
· 5-7 years of creative leadership experience in-house creative studio, network or advertising agency.
· Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or Film or comparable portfolio and experience
· Ability to articulate big and breakthrough ideas in print, outdoor, social, digital, events and experiential that can effectively market entertainment content.
· Must have client facing experience working with large scale brands.
· Demonstrate ability to conceptualize and execute national/international advertising for television series.
. 3D Illustration and Sketch experience a plus
· Strong MAC computer skills.
· Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sharp attention to detail
Must have a strong entertainment portfolio showing
Offering freelance, temp-to-perm and full-time direct placements, we work with a variety of clients in advertising, media, entertainment, interactive/digital, ecommerce, marketing, consumer products, beauty, fashion, hospitality, tourism and more.
We are a team of workaholic perfectionists, committed to delivering a quick and effective solution when you need it most. We can be proactive or reactive, and we always cater our process to meet your specific needs, providing you with a friendly, personalized experience and the best return on your investment. Welcome to FullDeck.
Our specialties include: Creative Staffing, Graphic Design, Web Design, Front End Development, UX + UI, Copywriters + Proofreaders, Marketing, Media, Animation, PR, Freelance, Temp-to-Perm, Full-Time
Art Director - Graphic Design
Golden Hippo Media is seeking art director to oversee the branding of multiple brands and manage a team of 4 designers.The ideal candidate is someone who works quickly, is organized, can multi-task, takes initiative on projects and follows through with getting it done, motivated, and responds well to feedback.
- Knowledge of principles of design, including layout, typography, fonts, color, balance, composition, and current design trends.
- Manage a project from start to finish and oversee final designs to ensure quality, accuracy, and expectations: logo design, packaging design – label, screen print, or unit carton, website design, mobile design, and print design (inserts, catalogs).
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the creative and technical process of this company
- Collaborate and participate in internal brainstorming sessions with brand managers and product developers for new branding projects
- Execute managerial duties - oversee the design team, oversee all design projects, assign projects. Hold weekly design meetings with all the designers so that everybody can share what they have been working on. Hold monthly individual meetings with the design team to go over individual progress.
- Bachelor’s of Arts
- Must know how to use Photoshop and Illustrator. Indesign is a plus.
- Basic HTML/CSS is a plus (you should know about UI and how to incorporate it into your design).
- 5+ years experience in the marketing industry.
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision), matching 401k
- Opportunity for monthly team bonuses
- Full gourmet kitchen
- In-office Crossfit gym with free classes
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, “no dress code” atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- Room for growth based on performance
Golden Hippo Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Junior Art Director
Hylink is China’s largest independent digital communications and media firm. Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Beijing, China, we have offices located in China, Seoul, and Los Angeles.
As a Junior Art Director [contract], you will be dedicated to Hylink’s main client (with guidance from our Digital Art Director). Your main focus will be image searching for social media posts and website content, including content development in ideation and image comping.
You will envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired and refined. You’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people in China—ranging from novice to sophisticated users. Achieving this goal requires that you collaborate closely with teams of Designers, Account Managers, Media Strategists and Analysts throughout the design process.
Good eye for travel and environment images
Demonstrates ability to communicate directly to client
Demonstrates ability to lead meetings internally and with client
Understanding of basic UI/UX
College graduate with design focus (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS or a related field or equivalent practical experience
1-2 years design experience, flexibility, quickness and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get work done
Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator CC
Experience working as a visual designer, illustrator, or graphics
Strong, clean visual design sense.
Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
Strong core design skills; ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color effectively.
Must have strong work ethic with positive can-do attitude, not afraid of new challenges, tight timelines or curve balls.
Demonstrated ability to produce compelling illustrations to convey a brand story and experience.
Experience in working with cross-functional team or large-scale software development life-cycle including waterfall and agile methodologies
We have had exponential growth in the Chinese digital scene since the company's infancy in 1994. With headquarters in Beijing, we have a total of four main offices including Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen, as well as 11 local provincial offices.
In 2014, we opened company doors in Seoul, South Korea and two years later followed suit with the opening of our US office in Los Angeles, California.
We are an agency guided by our founding principle of: smart thinking = endless possibilities. Our work is deeply rooted in technological evolution and innovation. We offer a wide range of marketing and advertising services including: Digital Media, Digital & Interactive Creative, Big Data (Warehousing, Data Modeling & Data Application), Programmatic Media Solutions, Mobile Marketing Services, Search Engine Marketing, Content Marketing, EPR/Social, Digital film (creation/production/ distribution), Integrated Advertising Solutions, and Research & Insights.
Our growth and success are dependent on the growth and success of our clients. We hold ourselves to the highest standards when it comes to creating client solutions, always meeting or exceeding our own expectations in creating bottom-line results.
What Sets RMD Apart from Other Agencies?
- Founded in 1992, RMD is a stable agency
- Focusing solely on the coveted growing and emerging food industry
- Zero layoffs throughout our history
- Profitable, with bottom line growth averaging 20% annually
- The agency and our clients are known and respected
- It is located in Columbus, OH – a family-oriented city
- We work predominantly with family-owned businesses, and our team is a family-oriented team
- RMD is a steward of the community, having launched a 501(c)3 charity, Wagons Ho Ho Ho, whereby we build and donate 1000 wagons annually, with food, to children who otherwise wouldn’t have a Christmas.
- There’s ample opportunity for growth, challenges and learning
RMD invests in employees with good benefits
Are you strong, smart and driven? If you’re ready for the next step in your career, confidentially send your resume today.
Located in Columbus, Ohio, we're proud of our client list. We serve national food brands that are category leaders ... brands that have carved out a strong niche for themselves, and prefer to work with a food agency that's as committed to their growth, as they are. We're great at documenting tangible results for a variety of clients, and have a unique expertise in working with Challenger Food Brands.
We understand that success is drawn from the people that make up our team. RMD focuses a significant amount of time and energy on the professional development of each individual.
Sr Art Director (Advertising)
Our client, a full service advertising agency, is ready to have a Senior Art Director join their team on a full time basis at their FLORIDA office (must have US citizenship or legal US working status). You must have at least 5 years experience working as an Art Director in an agency setting.
The Senior Art Director role is strategic in leading the design team and is responsible for working alongside the Creative Director and Account Planner to set the tone for campaigns and help bring the client and the team’s creative visions to life. The Art Director should be highly skilled, thoughtful in their design approach, understand the mechanics of completing production tasks, and be comfortable in their own design decisions to present and discuss work with both internal teams and clients.
The Senior Art Director has additional responsibilities in educating, training, mentoring and directing the graphic designers they work with to add efficiency to the department, remain knowledgeable and hands on in the work moving through the agency, and communicate to company leadership about emerging trends, while living up to the agency’s quality standards.
- Willingness to be part of a team and its success
- Positive Attitude
- Presentation skills
- Goal Oriented
- Result Driven
- Get things done right (almost perfectionists about what they do).
- Well spoken
Collaborate in the design, development and strategy of key elements for accounts within the agency.
Lead design team in achieving high quality work and greatest level of efficiency.
Collaborates in campaign concept creation.
Work with copywriters to develop and execute compelling copy.
Present layouts and storyboards to Creative Director.
Manage time effectively and with little direction to help projects stay on budget and on time.
Reports to internal teams about account challenges and present proposed solutions.
Is considerate of brands and business needs; proposes the best creative solutions even in time-sensitive moments.
Manages outside graphic design talent as needed as well as resources within the agency, utilizes their highly skilled conceptualization skills to develop ideas, cultivates an integrated marketing approach to client business, and optimally utilizes teamwork with writers, designers, and other team members to obtain exceptional results.
Work collaboratively with account leadership and designers to deliver on client visions consistently.
Ensure quality by committing to internal processes and standards.
Stays current with the latest emerging design and technology trends to find ways to help move the agency work for clients and brands forward.
All other duties as needed.
Key Skills &
Bachelor degree (4 year) is preferred. If no degree is possessed, then 6–8 years related experience in agency setting is required.
5+ years design experience in an agency setting is required.
2+ years of supervisory experience required or leading other creative members/designers.
Must possess exceptional computer skills and be a strong conceptual thinker.
Knowledge & experience of the following software applications is required, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, scanning software, Adobe Photoshop.
Demonstrated ability to think creatively and provide marketable solutions in conceiving, developing, and producing tactics.
Excellent aesthetic judgment.
Strong leadership skills to oversee the work of other artists.
Creativity and superb communication to develop products that meet clients' needs.
Ability to prioritize work and manage deadlines.
Have strong work ethic, persistence and tenacity.
The desire to do creative excellence.
Macintosh operating platform a must. PC knowledge a plus.
CREATIVE and CONSUMER ENGAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
This position offers many opportunities for creative expression and growth through involvement with multiple brands. The primary responsibility for this position is packaging design, point of sale design, and collateral material design. The Graphic Designer will work in a team environment that includes working with Creative and Digital Marketing staff, Marketing Brand Managers, and external printers, consultants and agencies. This position reports to the Vice President, Creative and Consumer Engagement.
• Create fresh, unique design concepts for packaging, POS and collateral materials based on brand goals and project objectives • Execute designs which adhere to brand standards • Execute projects in accordance with the schedule set forth by the department Traffic Coordinator • Prepare concepts for approval in the form of 3D mock-ups or color accurate proofs • Refine designs based on feedback from the creative and marketing team members • Execute concepts and prepare files for release to our print vendors • Adhere to all file set up and release guidelines and shepherd projects through final production • Review proofs from printers and route to appropriate people internally for final review and approval. • Travel to supervise printing when necessary • Adhere to electronic file naming and filing standards • Create point of sale materials appropriate for advertising products at the convenience store level • Research current and future packaging and point of sale materials and trends • Work with the digital team to ensure project attributes are adhered to as we market the products socially to consumers • Design website sliders and social posts which coordinate with brand POS designs • Assist in keeping the department organized and projects filed • Track time spent on projects to assist in departmental reporting goals of time management per business unit
Required Skills and Experience • Bachelors degree in Graphic Design • 3 - 5 years relevant work experience • Strong time management and organizational skills • Fluent in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign • Experience working on print, packaging and digital projects.
Our extensive connections to screen vetted, proven, well-qualified candidates offers efficient, tailored hiring solutions for short-term assignments and long-term needs.
Hiring with Agency a la Carte is the best and most efficient way to fill a job, because from finance to technology and professional services, we find the ideal fit between client jobs and creative talent.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Art Director is responsible for working directly with the CD on specified business and will partner to concept and design communication materials for a direct and digital marketing client. The Art Director must understand conceptual thinking and be able to translate core ideas into concepts that meet the client’s strategic communication goals.
Responsibilities and desired skills:
- Contribute to the concept development, design and execution of direct marketing materials
- Can go beyond just design; can think conceptually and can brainstorm ideas within a larger team
- Have a broad understanding of typography, photography and design in theory and practice
- Possess the ability to create brand-appropriate design across multiple touch points
- Demonstrate versatility in pairing design direction with communication in a cohesive form
- Possess advanced knowledge of Indesign, Photoshop & Illustrator as it relates to design and the technical production of work intended for print
- Fluent in today’s technologies and media with respect to design and marketing
- 8+ years of experience
Jr Art Director
Column Five is looking for an Jr Art Director who knows how to effectively conceptualize, design, and present ideas to our clients. Our Jr Art Directors refine and elevate the ideas of our designers, who tackle a wide range of project types from content marketing campaigns to motion graphics. They work closely and collaboratively with Producers, Developers, and our Client Services team to tell the most compelling stories for our clients.
The Jr Art Director role may include:
Providing ongoing design and creative direction for a wide variety of projects, including internal feedback/critiques, designer mentorship, and critical saves on projects
Assisting in or designing various stages of project development, as well as occasionally fully designing own projects through completion
Leading client conversations on design thinking and execution
Sharing active and thoughtful participation in project brainstorms; participating in pitches and ideation opportunities with Client Services
Providing insight regarding capacity and scoping for collective Design department and projects
Assisting in recruitment for open roles in Design department
Enjoying a nice beer (or other beverage) on Fridays
Ability to synthesize complex, abstract, and disorganized information into compelling creative concepts or narratives with a strong understanding of visual storytelling
High attention to detail and quality control
Ability to oversee multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
Advanced skills and experience in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign; understanding of After Effects and UX/UI a plus
Confidence presenting ideas to colleagues and clients
Education in graphic design (or a related field)
3 years experience as a Designer on a wide range of projects and multi-disciplinary teams
Our company is relaxed, but we work at a fast pace. We thrive in an environment filled with competition, camaraderie, and collaboration. While we value sharp minds and professionalism, we like to surround ourselves with people who have a sense of humor and who understand what it means to be confident yet humble. We know how to get things done and have fun at the same time. We request the same from you.
Competitive salaries, full health insurance, FSA plans, generous 401(k) savings plans, beer Fridays (or other fizzy drinks), salad Wednesdays, and fun team events
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Location: On-site in our office in Brooklyn, NY
How to Apply: Please provide a resume, cover letter and portfolio link. No phone calls, please. EOE.
Post a Job
Senior Art Director
Reporting to the Executive Creative Director, Corporate Brand and Design, this person will be responsible for delivering a consistent brand identity across all client facing marketing activities across the globe.
The primary aim is to build internal design capabilities to provide key stakeholders in Corporate and Field Marketing, along with other internal stakeholders such as HR Recruitment, with a resource who can help develop innovative and eye-catching campaigns, collateral and digital content that meets market needs while aligning with brand values and house style.
The ideal candidate will have a mixture of graphic and web design expertise and have experience, direct or agency, within the IT Services or Business Consulting sectors. It is important that the candidate be able to work in a fast moving, complex organization, is team-oriented and willing to take on a range of diverse design assignments.
Ability to work with stakeholders who have no marketing or design background and need someone who can walk them through the creative process. Essential skills:
Strong creative vision and total commitment to creative excellence
Experience working with Fortune 500 companies preferred * B2B * Ability to create, manage and work within changing deadlines, juggling numerous projects simultaneously
Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC suite, in particular InDesign, Photoshop Illustrator; PowerPoint (advanced knowledge) * Expertise and versatility across all delivery platforms At TCG, we're committed to you from the moment you sign up. We won't make you work a certain number of hours or fill out piles of paperwork before we commit to you and your professional future.
We believe it's important to spend time with you from the beginning in order to assess your skills, determine your strengths and figure out the type of work you want to do. Our trained staffing professionals understand that you have a real passion for your work and do their best to find opportunities that are the best fit for you. And we don't stop there.
We're also available to help with your career questions, provide tips on improving your portfolio and acing interviews, and more. Plus, as one of our registered candidates, you'll have access to thousands of online training courses and books – and of course, everything is free and available when you need it. Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 1.888.846.1668 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada. © 2017 The Creative Group. A Robert Half Company.
Req ID: 02710-0009981676 Functional Role: Art Director - Sr.
Country: USA State: NJ City: Hackensack Postal Code: 07601 Compensation: DOE Requirements: If interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Post a Job
Heat Art Director - New York
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level.
In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients will be heard.
Heat is a full-service creative agency that believes in the power of surprise to buildbrands,solve problems, and kindly take over the world. Headquartered in San Francisco and with an office in New York, Heat brings to life traditional, digital and social content for a wide array of brands. We are an internationally recognized award-winning agency, garnering over 40 awards in 2016 and nine Cannes Lions to our credit.
In 2016, Heat was named the Effie s Most Effective Independent Agency in North America and is one of the only advertising agencies to be named Best Places to Work in San Francisco. We prioritize creative thinking and take pride in what we do. We re growing, and seeking an Art Director in the creative department.
What you ll do Our future Art Director is a great storyteller as well as a great designer. They must show composure under pressure, be solution-orientated, and a collaborative partner to fellow Heaters and vendors alike. Our future Art Director shares our passion for creativity and innovation and is also an all-around good person.
We like good people. In your role, you will: Concept, present, and sell through creative presentations, which tie together multimedia channels and customer experiences.
Be willing to roll up your sleeves and see through the execution of creative ideas from concept through tactical production tasks, ensuring the highest level of design quality (yes, from kerning to classic graphic design best practices). Collaborate with teams of writers, designers, producers, strategists, media, and developers to create smart and surprising creative solutions to solve our client s marketing challenges by putting the consumer at the center of the experience. Be solution-oriented in the face of challenges. Stay current on trends, culture, and events; bring inspiring external insight into the work that you do with us; and have a natural curiosity for data.
Demonstrate excellent time-management, and multi-tasking abilities. Have a self-starting, entrepreneurial spirit. kwdeldigallddusa kwdeldigsaberusa kwdeldigstudusa kwdeldigallddusa kwdeldigsaberusa kwdeldigstudusa About Deloitte As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com. Category: Management Consulting
Post a Job