Art Director Job Description Sample
Art Director And Designer
Are you someone who loves to be conceptual but also hands-on? Do you have a curious mind and love learning about new industries, building new brands in the startup world and working in a fast-paced environment? Does the idea of getting the chance to work on a variety of brands from fashion to data center solutions to a game changing plastics recycling technology get you excited?
Wasson Enterprise is looking to find a talented Art Director/Designer to add to our small but mighty team. In this role you’ll be expected to concept, visualize and communicate those concepts through clear design and compelling solutions across print and digital. This role will partner with WE’s managed companies they invest in and new companies created through partnerships with new disruptive technology. Projects will range from every stage of the lifecycle, from brainstorming creative concepts and developing original campaigns, to participating in client presentations and ensuring deadlines are met and strategies are delivered on.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
• Participate in every stage of the creative process, bringing your opinion, voice, and imagination to the table.
• Manage multiple demands, tight deadlines, and competing priorities
• Ensure deadlines, budgets and standards are met
• Prepare print work for production with precision and accuracy.
• Prepare digital work for upload, using digital guidelines and industry best practices
• Strong digital and print production experience with proven ability to not only take direction but to also own the digital/print file and process management
• This individual must be able to design as well as interpret others’ creative concepts and build believable, refreshingly interesting design assets that bring the brand to life.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions with clients and peers, in order to generate creative ideas.
• Effectively present creative concepts to internal teams, with thoughtful rationale.
• Maintain knowledge of creative marketing trends and best practices.
• Evaluate provided creative briefs to ensure information is understood and actionable prior to executing design work.
• Execute and apply brand style guide elements, including logo, product branding, typography, packaging, photography and activation materials, ensuring consistency with brand positioning.
• Make proactive recommendations to streamline & improve creative processes.
• 2-3 years of experience as a graphic designer / art director
• Online portfolio available for review (send link in resume)
• Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
• Insane Photoshop capabilities including retouching photography and building composites
• Self-starter, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and consistently meet deadlines
• Creative thinker with experience in conceptualizing ideas and successfully executing them
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to:
• Demonstrate passion for a brand
• Drive consensus, foster creative collaboration.
• Work directly with both internal and external partners in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
• Strong time management skills. Demonstrates a high degree of flexibility within tight deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design
• Extra plus if you have experience in video editing
We’re a team of experienced professionals who approach businesses differently – we roll up our sleeves to help – The Midwest Approach – by being a down to earth, multi-faceted business partner.
Art Director - Government Website Design
As Art Director, you’ll be part of the client-facing aspect of the Creative Services department. Your day-to-day will consist of not only interfacing with clients and guiding them through the design of their website, but also communicating internally with project managers and the design team to ensure the timely delivery of services relating to your projects.
Every day, you'll be:
- Communicating directly with clients in a variety of meetings scheduled throughout the website production process
- Presenting concepts and guiding clients toward functional solutions
- Coordinating internal creative teams to successfully deliver design and production services in a timely manner
- Continually reviewing projects for quality control, advising the creative teams and providing guidance to clients
- Designing website concepts and completing revisions and production work as needed
- Building and maintaining client relationships through the production process
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or applicable program
- Able to collaborate with a team, take direction, meet deadlines, work at computer for extended time
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign
Phone interview, onsite interview, 100% onsite work
At Artisan, top job-seekers find fulfilling freelance and full-time opportunities with great companies. Our specialty is the match, and our relationships are paramount. Let's get to know each other.
Web, graphic design, production, interactive, copywriting, UI / UX, SEO, digital marketing, project management, digital strategist, e-learning, Instructional Design, social media, presentation specialist, video motion graphics, mobile, and marketing management
Wilen New York is a truly full-service direct marketing agency. We offer strategic insight, creative development, end-to-end production and detailed analytics across all channels. As a bonus, we’re conveniently located right here on Long Island.
We’re looking for a talented, strategic and highly conceptual Art Director who wants to join a lively team of creative people. If you’re excited to bring your ideas to life in the form of high-impact direct mail, print and digital marketing, we’d like to hear from you.
As Art Director, you’ll be responsible for creative development from concept to completion. You’ll collaborate with your team and key agency departments to develop and execute innovative, integrated marketing solutions that deliver results.
- Lead and develop creative concepts based on a strategic marketing brief, and present ideas to senior management.
- Work closely with copywriters to develop creative concepts through execution.
- Collaborate with account teams, production and data strategies to understand client goals and expectations.
- Develop an understanding of clients’ business needs and brand.
- Participate in client presentations.
- 7+ years’ experience as an AD in an agency with a strong understanding of print design.
- Proven track record and portfolio that demonstrates creativity and ideation with a strong point of view on design and typography.
- Ability to effectively articulate and present creative concepts and the design rationale behind them.
- Strong time management, leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to handle changing priorities and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven expertise with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Understanding of digital marketing.
You can find out more about us at www.wilennewyork.com. To apply for our Art Director position, please submit your resume, cover letter and your salary requirements along with your most recent portfolio link. This is a full-time, onsite position. No phone calls please.
Art Director Tracking Code 3320 Job Description Purpose The purpose of this job description is to describe the authority, responsibilities, and duties of the Art Director in Creative Services. Authority Art Directors are selected and placed into their position by a Creative Director and the Managing Director of Creative Services. This position works under General Direction, providing overview of end result; work is completed unsupervised. Incumbent uses independent judgment and discretion to accomplish tasks. Plans/schedules/arranges own activities. Has considerable latitude of discretion and judgment within scope of position. Develops solutions to complex problems. Overall Objective To successfully create high-quality and effective advertising for agency clients. Working in tandem with a Copywriter partner, the Art Director transforms compelling and imaginative concepts into visual reality. Responsibilities
Produce exceptional work for clients, both creatively as well as effectively, in multiple media types including, but not limited to, print, digital, outdoor, and collateral.
Help the agency win new business through bold, innovative work, as well as effective presentations.
Demonstrate proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat on a Mac OSX platform.
Collaborate with graphic design and production personnel in the translation of concepts to print-ready mechanical files.
Create compelling art that activates consumers to shop and ultimately purchase the clients offerings.
Maintain best practices for file and server management, including the consistent application of naming conventions, file/folder organization, versioning control, job slugs, and more.
Maintain client brand guidelines and design standards.
Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
Maintain important relationships with internal department colleagues and clients to help the agency move the relationship to one of value and respect.
Help the agency develop strong and positive relationships in the advertising and marketing community to aid in the recruitment of top talent.
Possess a positive attitude when working with colleagues, associates, and clients. Be solutions-oriented, and supportive in finding solutions to unexpected challenges.
Other duties as assigned. Requirements
Bachelor’s degree required and/or 2+ years experience with an advertising or design company.
A strong portfolio of creative that demonstrates originality, innovation, problem-solving, and personal expression.
Knowledge of file format types, such as PDF, TIF, EPS, JPG, PNG, GIF, etc. and how to create/edit them.
Proficiency with image manipulation, color-correction, scanning, etc.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget.
Proficiency with software applications used for advertising, such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, positive and innovative thinker.
Highly motivated and a high level of initiative; ability to work independently, in support of the agency’s creative goals and the client’s business objectives. The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document. Job Location Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Senior Art Director - Content
Senior Art Director - Content
- Email a Friend Apply to this job Date posted: November 14, 2017 Job Type:
Contract Location: San Francisco, CA Job ID: 225014 Description: Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Art Director to be the hands-on design lead for their business-oriented publishing across multiple digital products and channels.
The successful candidate will oversee the visual design of graphical content for articles, reports, podcasts and blogs, and for supporting communications via social and email. They will collaborate with other designers, content editors, and external vendors to create high-impact visual communications that are compelling and on brand. The Senior Art Director will set the overall creative direction for the business publishing content.
Responsibilities include further developing a brand style for imagery and a process for image selection and styling, as well as hands-on direction of photography and illustration for priority publications. Must have broad experience developing high-level concepts as well as executing visuals that ensure that the accompanying content stands out and increases engagement from users. Candidates should have content marketing experience and be very knowledgeable about what represents best-in-class digital publishing content.
A background in business-oriented content is preferred. Deep experience and hands on skills developing content for all digital channels is required. Must be ready to show examples of how they have developed visuals for sets of editorial content that are visually themed and presented as a coherent set or ‘campaign’.
• Collaborating closely with a multi-disciplinary team of Designers, Editors, and senior stakeholders: ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule • Designing effectively within established visual styles and interface design patterns, and adhering to brand guidelines • Developing sketches, storyboards, and visual mockups as ‘proof of concept’ prototypes to help align the working team and get buy-in from internal stakeholders • Producing final visuals using a variety of software tools to ensure highest standards of execution and accuracy, and maintain quality control of deliverables content, look and feel, and functionality • Communicate effectively with stakeholders from across the organization to answer questions, troubleshoot problems, and resolve project bottlenecks • Establish best-practice production processes, taking personal accountability for projects’ on-time, on-budget execution Skills and Experience: • 10+ years’ experience in Visual Communications Design with experience creating content and managing content production processes for Web sites • Exceptional conceptual and hands-on design skills with proven ability to create a wide range of visual aesthetics for digital content and design assets that work beautifully on desktop and mobile screens • Experience in a business-oriented publishing environment • Understanding of and commitment to user-centered design principles and methods
Our main design office is located on beautiful Hilton Head Island in South Carolina. It is here that we work as a collaborative creative group on a wide variety of projects that include: Product design of handbags, apparel, jewelry, and stationery using Adobe Illustrator Web design including eblasts and social media Catalog design and photography styling Retail store advertising and in-store promotional design If you are a talented individual who wishes to be part of a creative environment in a very scenic part of the country, please continue by providing your portfolio, resume, and answer our virtual interview questions.
Art Director -- Branding + Packaging -- West Elm
Art Director -- Branding + Packaging -- West Elm Apply now »
Start apply with LinkedIn
Start apply with Facebook
Apply Now Email
Please wait... Date: Nov 18, 2017 Location: Brooklyn, NY, US Company: Williams-Sonoma Inc. Requisition Number: WE-11405 Area of Interest: Creative Services Organization: Corporate Brand/Division: West Elm Position Type: Full-time JOB DESCRIPTION Art Director -- Branding + Packaging -- West Elm Who we are: Born in Brooklyn. At home in the world. west elm has been helping customers express their personal style at home since the launch of our first catalog in 2002. Our home base is nestled down under the Manhattan Bridge in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY, right above our flagship store. We are a dynamic, fast-paced brand with an exciting growth strategy. We value imagination, diversity and giving people the opportunity to explore, grow and shape our future. We look for innovative, smart and hard-working individuals who enjoy creative thinking and ingenuity. Help us carry out our mission of being a source of inspiration to our customers, creating a global community and tirelessly seeking ways to evolve our brand. Concept and Develop new and original ideas for our branding, packaging & signage areas. Inspire and manage a team of graphic designers and partner with our other design teams, merchants, project managers & copywriters. Design the strongest work that can carry and influence all our differernt platforms. Help develop the brand identity of our new businesses and support the ideation of new business ideas by being able to translate these abstract concepts into graphic layouts for pitches and presentations. Be ready to support our global expansion, be flexible to constant change and be used to a fast pace environment to make the strongest team in retail. Be excited to be part of a growing brand and help raise our brand awareness. Essential Functions:
Manage a team of graphic designers, provide guidance and feedback, and work really closely with the department creative director
Execute and oversee production from concept to completion of packaging of all our product categories each season.
Work closely with project managers and merchants to obtain all relevant information, technical requirements and timelines for each project.
Work with the department director in new areas of opportunity to help grow our business and develop our brand-expanding initiatives
Help develop the team and grow the team and constanly push for different and innovative ideas
Collaborate with the signage and visual team to develop the best retail experience.
Partner with the copy team on all jobs.
Collaborate with the digital & photography teams to ensure a consistent graphic language across all channels
Work with the product designers on graphics for their product, develop and constantly suggest product ideas for our gift assortment.
Oversee monogramming development.
Own the brand voice of west elm and develop the branding for our new businesses.
Explore and develop branding and layouts to sell and develop new business ideas REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum 5 years of experience
Being able to be fully align with the department director vision, have a critical eye, listen to peer feedback
Concept, develop great design and art direction that will carry and influence all our platforms.
Excellent typography skills and master design fundamentals
Have a strong understanding of Brand Identity, Brand Packaging & Environmental Graphics
Having a basic understanding of product development and retail
Proficient in in-design, illustrator and Photoshop and fluent in Keynote
Experience in Packaging and Branding for retail
Having a basic understanding of digital, video and photography art direction is a plus
Self-starter, ability to work independently, with limited supervision and virtually with a small team.
Have an excellent understanding of west elm and market trends and be able to translate ideas, forms, and functions into cohesive, seasonal concepts. Be constantly aware of design and art trends to share with the team to inform and inspire their work.
Must be a strong and inspirational leader and possess proven influencing skills.
Demonstrated decision making, project planning and time management skills.
Strong business acumen knowledge.
Experience managing expectations in a fast paced environment; customer service oriented.
Strong ability to manage multiple projects of varying scopes concurrently.
Effective negotiator with the ability to analyze data to inform decisions.
Excellent verbal and visual communication skills in order to relate to many management types and levels.
Ability to effectively develop associates and provide guidance and feedback.
Bachelors degree in graphic design and have a strong design portfolio.
Must have been in a supervisory role for 2 years. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. *LI-AC Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances. Nearest Major Market: Brooklyn Nearest Secondary Market: New York City Job Segment: Photography, Branding, Manager, Graphic Design, Artist, Creative, Marketing, Management
Grey Dog Media is looking for a full-time Art Director to managing all aspects of design and art department workflow for a consumer magazine under the direction of a Senior Art Director.
Life:Beautiful Magazine, a women’s Christian lifestyle magazine in the vein of Martha Stewart. We cover a variety of topics that effect Christian’s from health and wellness to home make-overs.
This is a fast-paced, yet relaxed environment alongside experienced professionals. We offer full-benefits and competitive salary, with great opportunities for advancement within the company.
Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design or a related field
• Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Art Director on a consumer magazine
• Advanced layout and typography skills
• Sophisticated sense of design, photography and typography
• Experience directing studio and location photography
• Problem-solving, interactive approach to design
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Highly motivated with ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
• Ability to multi task
• Positive attitude
• Desire to work on a collaborative team with high standards
• Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Web/Interactive Design experience a plusJob
Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Compensation: 50-90K Dependent on Experience
Art Director / Art Designer
Note : This is a contract for 09 months
- Diverse portfolio and ability to work cross mediums (print and digital)
- Need to be comfortable with presenting to team/clients/etc
- Mastery of graphic design principles (typography, form, color, composition, grid)
- Advanced skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (After Effects preferred)
- Photography experience is a plus
- Mastery of basic design technique
Roles & Responsibilities;
- Responsibilities include researching, concepting, developing and designing a variety of deliverables,including print ads, digital/OA, out-of-home, videos, emails, social media,event/sponsorship materials and everything in between.
- Duties may also involve working with vendors, contractors and other outside resources to manage the production process.
recruitment marketplace that delivers top talent effortlessly.
Associate Creative Director - Art Director
What you’ll be doing... Why work here? At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space will bring together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touch point. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Leads in directing and executing the design of marketing assets as prescribed by creative/marketing briefs.
Provide Creative direction on small-and large-scale projects from creative conception to completion.
Brainstorms and strategizes with creative team to help develop creative direction with a focus on the look and feel of marketing materials.
Converts rough ideas into visual prototypes (e.g., sketches, layout drafts) to illustrate concepts for creative reviews.
Recommends, researches and develops imagery (e.g., photography, illustration) to support creative strategy and execution.
Collaborates with writing team to artfully build creative solutions to address specific project objectives.
Directs and is accountable for the final development and production of creative assets and ensures accuracy, attention to details and overall meets or exceeds the design objectives.
Ensures brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
Supports the Creative Director and creative team in developing creative strategies and concepts.
Plays an active role in contributing conceptual ideas in brainstorms or offline creative development.
Works to improve the team’s overall performance and embraces a collaborative approach.
Provides visible support for leadership and helps build a unified team mindset. What we’re looking for... Must have:
Eight or more years of relevant work experience.
Experience as a graphic designer or art director.
Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud software.
Portfolio required. Ideally, you'll also have:
Knowledge of design applications in traditional and emerging channels.
Contributes in developing initial creative strategies to address core marketing and business objectives.
Actively participates in the ideation process leveraging research, analytics and brand insights.
States opinions clearly and can verbally describe visual concepts.
Produces collateral within the brand, but also explores new interpretations of the brand and develops out-of-the-box approaches to grow the visual identity of the brand.
Adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directions.
Understands that all projects require attention to detail so that work is on-time, on-budget and on-strategy.
Degree in design, advertising or related field preferred.
External agency experience desired.
In-House agency experience preferred.
Demonstrated creative conceptualization skills.#Agency140West When you join Verizon... You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon. Equal Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better. REQNUMBER: 469644-1A
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!