Art Director Job Description Sample
GALE is a business agency that brings together an equal balance of business consulting expertise & agency creativity to solve the world’s most complex marketing challenges. We operate without silos to deliver innovative business strategy, data insights, and transformative creative work. We work best with brands that are looking to solve tomorrow’s problems, today. GALE is a global company with offices located in New York, Toronto, Singapore and Bengaluru.
If you’re driven by a passion to build something great, a desire to innovate, and a commitment to achieve excellence in your craft, GALE is a great place for you.
About the role
We are seeking an Art Director, with digital experience who is a problem solver, and a natural collaborator to join our growing multi-disciplinary team in New York. As an Art Director, you will be charged with developing and communicating creative concepts, leading and mentoring designers, and delivering exceptional work through your keen sense of design craft and excellence.
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience working at a digital and/or integrated agency
- Strong portfolio demonstrating an ability to develop ideas with exceptional design quality through a broad range of digital & traditional channels
- Experience guiding designers, working with strategists, user experience architects, copywriters, and technologists
- Have a thorough understanding of interaction design principles and methodologies
- Mastery of all key design tools and platforms
- Critical eye for detail
- Comprehensive awareness of current and emerging design and technology trends
- Familiarity with Web Accessibility standards and designing for inclusive experiences
What you will be doing
- Contribute directly to client pitches, project development and execution
- Understanding and translating business objectives into creative recommendations
- Mentor and coach members of the design team through performance management
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, partner agencies, and vendors
- Create storyboards, initial design concepts through final deliverables
- Contributing and refining the design process to improve efficiency within the studio
- Contribute to the sharing of ideas and the development of design standards
- Manage multiple projects for yourself and those that you are mentoring
GALE is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Laundry Service is a full-service marketing agency offering creative, media buying, production, and influencers, all under one roof. Brands like Amazon, Hennessy, Tic-Tac, FOX Entertainment, Fossil, and Nike work with Laundry Service to achieve their business goals through premium, authentic content and strategic distribution. Laundry Service was named to Ad Age’s 2018 Agency A-List for its commitment to innovation, and its unique ability to handle all aspects of content creation and distribution—24/7.
The Portland team seeks an Art Director with a strong understanding of social media culture and a jaw-dropping portfolio to help create smart creative content for one of our major accounts. This hands-on AD will collaborate with the creative and production team to produce still images, gifs, cinemagraphs, presentations and more. You will organize briefs on style and content to our photographers, and be available on set.
- Design a wide range of social media content that support the brand and get people talking
- Use After Effects and/or Premiere, create short-form motion graphics such as animations, cinemagraphs and micro-videos
- Source and edit photos for both live posts and concept pitches
- Collaborate with other members of the creative and production teams to ensure assets are aligned
- Participate in brainstorms, communicate concepts and take direction and feedback from creative directors and account leads.
- Collaborate on client presentation and pitch decks
- Collaborate with CD and ACD to help produce creative guides for shoots including location, styling, talent and photo/video style samples
- Occasionally assist on photo and video shoots and help see the creative vision through completion.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest cultural trends in social media.
- 4+ years of agency-side experience developing social media creative assets
- A keen eye for what works and the communication skills to explain why
- The ability to collaborate across internal teams and clients
- A knack for picking up brands’ visual identities, understanding why they work and switching between them quickly
- Ability to create mood boards and execute the brand image concepts
- A demonstrated passion for and understanding of social media
- Familiarity with Photoshop and all relevant image manipulation tools and apps
- Understanding of image display standards on all social platforms
- Strong interest in keeping up on cultural trends
- Commitment to excellence — working nonstandard hours when necessary, anticipating issues and communicating with diplomacy, identifying emerging platforms and trends to drive innovation
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite for Mac
Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, 401(k) and much more!
Are you a multifaceted Art Director, looking to work on an exciting and cutting edge Creative team? This is a unique opportunity in a rapidly growing company. Agency Within is looking for an eager to learn, results driven Art Director who possess the following qualities:
- Providing art direction on set to multiple people producing video or photo assets
- Giving Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, resourceful, hardworking with a positive attitude
- A collaborative team player with an interest in learning and listening to others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong conceptual thinker with design sensibilities
- Well organized, detailed and solutions oriented
Agency Within is full of Rockstars
What do we actually do?
We act as an in-house digital marketing team for some of the coolest brands and hottest startups across the country. Some of our clients include Nike, Spanx, Blue Bottle Coffee and more. We leverage digital channels to fuel our clients' growth, using data every step of the way to drive our decision making.
What makes US different?
Our founders come from the client side, so we think and operate like business owners. That means we take a strategic, and holistic approach to their marketing programs, training each employee across every channel. We also use some of the best technology available along with our proprietary tools to deliver the best performance for our clients. Our team of rockstars will train you to become a true expert in the field, and help you become an innovator in your own right.
Who do we look for?
If you are entrepreneurial, driven, analytically-minded, hard-working and eager to grow with us, let’s talk!
What should YOU bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in an art direction and design role
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to formulate innovative ideas and provide clear direction and recommendation
- Past experience working in luxury or fashion
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- A passion for art, photography, video content and the latest design trends
We offer a competitive salary and benefits based on ability level including:
- Base salary DOE
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Anniversary vacation bonus
- FULLY paid health insurance premiums
- Monthly transportation & phone stipend
- Daily lunch & Monday morning bagels
- In-office monthly massages, haircuts, & manicures
- Free uber when coming in early / leaving late
- Dog friendly office
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!