Art Director Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Art Director
Senior Art Director
You are a creative rock star – a strategic thinking, boundary pushing, conceptual virtuoso. The kind of person who is energized by tackling big, complicated projects and delivering smart, thoughtful solutions. A blank sheet of paper doesn’t scare you, it gets you excited – you’re always looking for an opportunity push the creative envelope while never losing sight of the customer. Incorporating research, industry insights, best practices and trends is a natural part of your process because you know the best creative is more than a pretty picture. Your goal is to tell a story that aligns with customer needs, business goals and ultimately delivers tangible results.
From a design standpoint – you obsess about the details. In this position you’ll be pushing pixels, kerning type, developing photo direction and tweaking layouts to perfection. Your sharpened design sense allows you to focus on the minutiae without losing sight of the bigger picture – you’re keenly aware of how all the parts and pieces work together. You also know that great design transcends the medium and are comfortable designing for the web, print, UX, mobile, social and just about anything else that gets thrown your way.
As a creative leader, collaboration is in your DNA. You partner easily with other departments and senior leaders. You’re adept at presenting and defending your work, while receiving feedback with ease and grace. You’re organized and self-directed - quick to raise your hand when an opportunity arises or jump in to help a teammate hit a deadline. Your enthusiasm for great work is infectious, you know how to take creative from “good enough” to great and are willing to do what it takes to deliver.
You’re looking for a place where you can work hard, raise the creative bar, collaborate with an awesome team and seize opportunities to grow. You’re also looking for a place where your perspective matters, where you can make a difference and to contribute to an environment that respects and values you.
· Participate and collaborate in concept development and design ideation with creative director, business managers, and the marketing team to help define the overall creative strategy.
· Help develop and maintain Cayan’s visual brand language. From creating brand standards for design, photography, typography to implementation across all vehicles (print, web, UX, digital, trade show, email, social)
· Design award worthy marketing campaigns that align with customer needs and business objectives
· Create and deliver thoughtful presentations to partners and senior leaders that validate design decisions through research, customer data, trends and best practices
- Work within existing brand guidelines while knowing when to flex them to meet objectives or create new ones where none exist
· Be at ease with working in a fast-paced environment while always keeping your cool and sense of humor
· Design and maintain brand, photography and campaign style guides
· Manage projects from start to finish
· Be a team player
· 10+ years experience
· Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent professional experience
· Mastery of the industry standard tools – Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Sketch
· Strong layout and typographic skills with a honed eye for photo direction
· Strong strategic and conceptual thinking skills
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Experience directing photoshoots
· Previous experience working with developers and an understanding of how technology and code impacts design decisions
· Organized, collaborative, impeccable attention to detail,
· Highly motivated with an insatiable intellectual curiosity
- Bonus Points: Video editing skills (Adobe Premiere), hands on photography experience, Knowledge of UX best practices
A digital portfolio is required, applicants that submit without a portfolio will not be considered.
Founded in 1998, Cayan experiences the stability of a well- established, well-funded company, yet the excitement and drive of an entrepreneurial growing technology corporation. Cayan is one of the world's fastest growing payment companies. For more information about us, visit www.Cayan.com.
Interactive Art Director ☺︎
Our creative agency client in Irvine is looking for an Interactive Art Director to join their growing team! You need to have strong managerial and leadership skills to be able to lead all styling, designing, planning and execution for all web campaigns and marketing projects. You will be overseeing the work of designers, illustrators and photographers to ensure they are creating effective advertising campaigns and hitting all company/client standards and needs.
- Minimum 3 years experience in graphic design, web design, design management and production
- Ad agency experience
- Strong communication skills
- Real Estate/Luxury Experience preferred
- Must be able to work on site in a temporary capacity
Please send us your resume to: email@example.com
For more information about Arrowmac and all of our jobs, please visit www.arrowmac.com
Arrowmac represents some of the top web, marketing, advertising and creative professionals in Southern California. Serving Orange County, CA over the past 20 years, we are proud to partner with some of the top ad agencies, design studios and in-house marketing departments of many corporate HQ's and Fortune 500 companies in their endeavor to attract the talent they need to support their success. As a market leader we pride ourselves on our ability to recruit, evaluate and transition top professionals to the next level in their careers. Over the years our candidates and clients have come to expect nothing less than the best from our recruitment solutions and it's our goal to deliver a service they themselves would be proud of.
The Art Director will support the marketing objectives of the brand by following through with the creative design and production of marketing projects based on established schedules. Instrumental in building and maintaining Brand integrity through consistent direction and design. Provide a high level of design expertise in print and web marketing, along with developing and maintaining vendor relationships. Provide a high level of art direction, design expertise and team management in fashion retail marketing including direct mail, store environment and digital marketing.
Concept and design print marketing collateral, in-store marketing and special projects. i.e. advertising, branding, packaging, 360 event and seasonal creative
Support Creative Director with storyboarding and seasonal concept development for cross channel projects
¬Proven ability to combine conceptual, creative and strategic thinking with tactical execution
Excellent typographic and graphic design ability
Direct and supervise color process for all marketing, pre press color management and art directing still shoots
Research competitive landscape across global markets to identify seasonal trends, fashion trends, artistic inspiration and references
Collaborate with Blog/social media/digital, copy and marketing teams to bring ideas to life
College degree in Graphic/Fine Arts field strongly preferred
A minimum of two to three years of Art Direction experience
Prior Art Direction experience in a fashion environment
Mac proficiency and fluency in the following programs:
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Experience in directing photo-shoots with an excellent eye for color management
Art Director – Leading Marketing Agency
Our client, a Leading Marketing Agency located in Sherman Oaks, is looking for an Art Director to join their creative team! This is an on-site freelance position.
- Manage multiple design projects from concept to completion
- Prep all final artwork before client distribution
- Design key art for various mediums including but not limited to broadcast, theatrical, and entertainment
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on various marketing project tasks as needed
- Portfolio must showcase recent work
- At least 5+ years of proven hands-on experience as an Art Director
- Expert in Photoshop and InDesign
If you're interested and available, please send your current resume and portfolio.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
SONNEMAN – A Way of Light is seeking an experienced Art Director to help guide, develop, and implement all visual aspects of the company’s print, web, and digital media campaigns.
The Art Director will work in collaboration with and help direct a team of creatives under the guidance of the Creative Director, to define and implement catalogs, advertisements, and digital communication tools.
A large percentage of the role will be to create lifestyle and product imagery to both enhance and advance the existing visual brand of the company.
This person will work on several projects simultaneously and must be able to keep up with the fast and demanding pace of projects.
Required Skills & Experience:
· Conceptualize, direct and support the development or acquisition of web, print, and visualization designers
· Expert knowledge of modern interior design and architecture and minimalism principles.
· A discerning eye for typography, layout, photo editing/cropping/retouching, branding and other design aesthetics
· A strong portfolio exhibiting your exceptional design aesthetic, mastery of typography, and overall creativity.
· Ability to define project scopes, deadlines, and resources.
· Excellent organizational, planning, and project management skills.
· Combine creativity and inspiration with analytical problem solving skills
· Ability to present articulately and confidently
· Ability to take both initiative and direction as necessary
· Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
· Proficient with 3D design applications, a plus
· Ensure that all finished work is executed flawlessly, meeting all creative, communication and production requirements across the board
· Maintain an ongoing awareness of current design trends and best practices, as well as a commitment to your own personal growth and development
Must be a US citizen or permanent resident (Visa sponsorship not available).
Start date ASAP.
Salary commensurate with training and experience. Reply with salary requirements.
Work in-house at our Larchmont, Westchester, New York office and design studio (located on the Metro North New Haven line).
Job Type: Full-time
As the American leader of sophisticated contemporary lighting, SONNEMAN - A Way of Light enjoys a reputation for exemplifying the best in modern design.
Robert Sonneman, "Lighting's Modern Master," pioneered Modern lighting in the 1960s and 70s, making it an art form. Acclaimed for clean lines and his alliance to form and function, he has been at the forefront of Modern design for five decades. Many of his award-winning designs have become classics of the Modern era.
Sonneman's approach to design is inspired by the compelling logic of a good idea well executed, with simplicity and clarity of purpose. His designs extend through the Modern architectural and decorative genres of the 20th Century and forward to the contemporary diversity of the 21st.
"Today I am focused on using technology to create innovative designs with sculptural presence." -Robert Sonneman
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Art Director is responsible for working directly with the CD on specified business and will partner to concept and design communication materials for a direct and digital marketing client. The Art Director must understand conceptual thinking and be able to translate core ideas into concepts that meet the client’s strategic communication goals.
Responsibilities and desired skills:
- Contribute to the concept development, design and execution of direct marketing materials
- Can go beyond just design; can think conceptually and can brainstorm ideas within a larger team
- Have a broad understanding of typography, photography and design in theory and practice
- Possess the ability to create brand-appropriate design across multiple touch points
- Demonstrate versatility in pairing design direction with communication in a cohesive form
- Possess advanced knowledge of Indesign, Photoshop & Illustrator as it relates to design and the technical production of work intended for print
- Fluent in today’s technologies and media with respect to design and marketing
- 8+ years of experience
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR...
In our ongoing efforts to create evocative content that millions of people love and share, Brainjolt is on the hunt for an entrepreneurially driven, freakishly organized, Art Director to play a key role in pushing the business forward.
Brainjolt currently reaches 80 million unique readers a month across our sites and millions more on social media and through video. These high-level numbers (as well as slightly more granular data like time-on-site, share percentage, pages-per-session, etc) all point to one thing:
People love our engaging, smile-inducing viral stories, quizzes, and social content.
But there’s more to achieve. And for that we need an Art Director.
So, let’s get into the details...
- Execute across all aspects of the design process (research, ideation, design, and testing) for all of our current and future brands
- Act as brand guardian, responsible for brand guidelines and communicating updates, changes and best practices to the team
- Design for our web, marketing, sales and editorial departments
- Drive measurable growth and engagement in our audience by creating engaging, innovative experiences
- Understand and respond to performance data, allowing results to influence future creative direction
- Create and propose ideas that will elevate our brands and advance the Brainjolt mission
- Collaborate with different teams to advocate for design excellence
- Confidently present work and supporting rationale to your team and the company
- Be a master of organization, provide timelines for projects and deliver on-time
- Mentor and guide other designers on the team
- Design and run user testing sessions, focus groups and workshops
- 5+ years designing for web, mobile and/or digital products
- Provide both design oversight and hands-on creation of highly crafted user experience and visual design deliverables, including wifeframes, customer journeys, personas, concepts, and screen designs
- Strong experience with rapid prototyping (from white boarding and paper to using tools such as Invision, Pixate, and Axure)
- Master of design software including Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- You don’t need any hand holding, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work iteratively in a highly Agile environment
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects - managing tasks and meeting deadlines and avoiding undue stress
- A passion for design and technology with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of UI/UX (Product Design), IA and HCI
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with employees, peers, contractors, clients and leadership
- A strong portfolio (either on Dribbble or your own website) showcasing work on branding, mobile, web and marketing assets
- In order to be considered for this role: You must send a cover letter explaining why you’re the right candidate for the role, what you bring to the table, and your favorite book related to design (you like The Design of Everyday Things? So do we).
There’s more, but we’ll stop there.
Since early on, our tagline at 22 Words has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience there, but for our team, too. So in addition to offering basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support our team’s continued personal success and happiness.
- Unlimited PTO
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, and Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal and business-related book budgets
- Coffee and beer
- And more…
We are fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment that empowers (and then expects) our people to work hard, often independently, and to drive results that directly impact the business. To continue to do this, we need people on the team who are up to the task. People who live our core values naturally and not just to keep their job.
These core values are the real answer to the question Why Brainjolt? And they can be summed up in one word: BECAUSE.
- Brilliance — Your life is optimized for inspiration. You have brainjolts every day.
- Expertise — You own your area and excel in your field.
- Curiosity — You are always learning.
- Analysis — You are devoted to the numbers. You test everything.
- Urgency — You are driven. You have hustle. You are biased toward action.
- Scrappiness — You are strategic to the point of sly. You are occasionally cunning.
- Enthusiasm — You love your work. You love these values. You are inspiring and inspirable.
Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment company backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent, is breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine. Profitable since launch in 2009, the company has grown to over 200 employees.
Pocket Gems' games have been downloaded over 200 million times by players around the world. Our ideal candidates enjoy a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This person will join one of our new teams working on "core" games in the sci-fi or fantasy genres.
We are looking for artists excited to bring AAA quality work and establish Pocket Gems as a leader in 3D art for mobile, creating games that appeal to a wide audience of players. We are excited to be shaping and defining games as we know it on mobile. Pocket Gems is looking for a proven Art Director to be the creative visionary for a new project bringing new genres of mobile games to a mainstream audience.
In this role, you will be able to draw from a background of diverse styles to create a vision that breaks new ground in mobile gaming. You'll collaborate with senior product leaders while guiding a team of artists to transform your artistic vision from concept to a 3D mobile game that will be played by millions Responsibilities: Work with team leads to establish a clear creative vision for the game Create an innovative and differentiated art style for the game Direct and create images, models, textures, and other benchmark assets that inspire the team Execute and carry out direction by leading multiple disciplines including UI, marketing creative, environments, characters, animation, and VFX Oversee hiring, training, and development of the art team Requirements:
Good taste and an eye for quality At least 5 years working in gaming At least one shipped 3D title as Art Director Must have completed one full production cycle on a game from beginning to end An art degree, or equivalent experience as a 3D Artist Ability to lead multiple art disciplines A proven ability to solve problems in collaboration with the broader game team including other artists, art leads, and game design Ability to take initiative to solve problems with excellent follow through Avid gamer across multiple platforms Strong communicator and exceptional ability to give positive and constructive feedback Previous experience directly managing other artists A great sense of humor Interested? Please also submit a link to your portfolio showing your proven ability in: Experience creating artwork in a range of different styles Creation of concepts from scratch (and be able to share them with us) Benefits:
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including a Premiere PPO health plan. We cover 100% of the cost of employees' Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan.
Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station. Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Posted by StartWire
Post a Job
Company description At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services.
Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies. Job summary The Red Hat Creative Strategy and Design team is looking for an Art Director to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will develop concepts that will bring the Red Hat story to life and help solve our unique business and marketing challenges.
You will lead and contribute to a variety of high-profile projects, including corporate campaigns, executive keynote presentations, event theme and experimental designs, data visualizations, and customer success stories. You will use your business and design knowledge to create thoughtful materials from concept exploration to implementation. You will need to be familiar with guiding clients through the creative process while inspiring and mentoring other creatives along the way.
To be successful in this role, you must have a visionary approach, solid leadership skills, and understanding of Red Hat's brand and business strategy. Primary job responsibilities Ability to shape complex IT concepts into simple and clear designs Communicate the company’s strategic goals through intelligent design solutions Collaborate with project teams to plan, analyze, organize, and carry out assigned projects Work with clients around the company to solve a wide range of marketing challenges in imaginative ways Develop keynote presentations for high-level executives at Red Hat that visually communicate abstract ideas Participate in key client meetings and present creative concepts; provide rationale that supports creative decisions Inspire by continuously pushing design solutions to a higher standard, while maintaining the strategic message and objective Coordinate with external agencies and vendors to enhance the quality of work Mentor junior level designers Required skills Bachelor's degree in graphic design 8 years of experience working on a creative team; experience working for an internal agency is a plus 2 years of professional experience working on marketing materials for the software industry Solid portfolio demonstrating your experience with strategic planning, system-level thinking, and beginning to end conceptual ideas Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop; familiarity with video and animation software is a plus Familiarity with brands that have a multiproduct architecture Comprehensive technical background and willingness to learn Ability to progress the creative discussion on the spot Understanding of how to work creatively while maintaining Red Hat brand standards Excellent storytelling and communication skills; comfortable in small group setting and delivering presentations to a larger audience Organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment with multiple projects and priorities that change frequently Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships across multiple departments, in all levels of management, and outside the company Knowledge of the Red Hat portfolio of solutions and our competitive landscape; familiarity with open source is a plus Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Posted by StartWire
Post a Job
Lead Art Director
Qualifications & Responsibilities Life is short. Work somewhere awesome.
Are you creative to the core? Do you find inspiration in even the most mundane situations? Can you find the creative solution to any business problem?
Is marketing something you're sincerely passionate about? If your answers are a resounding, "YES" then come be a part of our world. We pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming culture, a no drama policy, and clients that we can be proud of.
We encourage you to flex your creative muscles, stay positive, and consistently push yourself to do more, be more and bring more. Oh, and work-life balance is important to us as well. Our team is in need of another great Lead Art Director who finds inspiration across all channels and industries, while executing with a refined aesthetic that allows for clean, elegant and contemporary design work.
Being consistently brilliant will help us meet the growing needs of our fun office and national clients. We're looking for a creative, strategic designer who is comfortable with pushing boundaries, while understanding how to impact a business challenge and drive consumers to act. We want you hungry for the industry and ready to inspire others.
Does this sound like you? Read on. Essential Functions Develops and designs the aesthetics, visual design and/or layout of (generalize) to enhance product image Collaborates with project teams to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects May manage external sources relating to design issues Maintains stewardship of client's look, tone and feel Prepares materials from client presentation through studio hand off Creates a range of ideas and designs to ensure the art direction and visual presentation supports the concepts Partners with copywriters to develop ideas that are on-brief and on-strategy Partners with Account team to solve problems May work with pre-media on color correction and photo retouching May provide direction to photographers and stylists on photo and video shoots May help suggest specs for handoff May manage multiple projects and/or mentor less experienced peers Maintains file-management, using consistent naming conventions and procedures May be responsible for maintaining budget parameters May be responsible for client relationships Knowledge & Skills Good sense of aesthetic when selecting stock photography and illustrated art Hands-on understanding of fundamental principles of digital marketing Able to work with Copywriters, provide feedback and brainstorm ideas Refined skills of typography and graphic design skills, practicing knowledge of information design Knowledge of industry relevant multimedia software/programs Able to lead solid designs and to contribute to the thought process, under the direction of the ACD or CD Demonstrates superior strategic thinking, leverages the Creative Strategy Brief with every project, and able to ensures team is following brief consistently Exceptional knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop Understanding of digital technology, and how to use it to enhance the creative idea Alert to social, mobile and developing technologies Highly conceptual designer, able to partner with creative team to develop and guide idea and design generation Exceptional time management skills Able to build strong client relationships Able to strategically evaluate and provide feedback on work produced by creative peers Able to sell and defend work Duties & Responsibilities Possesses a keen understanding of various channel, including digital, social, shopper, digital, direct mail, email etc. and can think both strategically and aesthetically Possesses strong conceptual skills that add substance and value to the work beyond the visual, and can communicate ideas and design rationale to other members of the creative or account management teams Works efficiently while being adaptable to shifting needs at a quick pace, balancing several distinct initiatives at any given time Provides exceptional work in short timeframes, manages time efficiently while multi-tasking across different projects Designs according to basic brand guidelines, yet able to evolve them and contribute to keeping 'stakeholders' intrigued Technical Requirements Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator Preferred Qualifications Online portfolio or PDF portfolio for initial review Strong organizational skills, knowledge of visual storytelling, refined aesthetic use of typography, iconography, color theory, proportion and layout for print, email, online, mobile, tablets (and basic understanding of production methods associated with each) Experience Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience Experience with creative agencies/prof Education Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred Conditions of Employment All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
About Epsilon Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs and through CJ Affiliate, one of the world's largest affiliate marketing networks.
Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest, that help drive business growth for brands. Recognized by Ad Age as the 1 World's Largest CRM/Direct Marketing Network, 1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and 1 Largest U.S.
Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter EpsilonMktg.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Alliance Data participates in E-Verify For San Francisco Bay Area: Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Posted by StartWire
Post a Job