Art Therapist Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Art Therapist
Seeking a licensed creative arts therapist (LCAT) to work full time in our Behavioral Health Center. Creative arts therapists are trained in psychotherapy and in specific arts disciplines, which may include dance/movement therapy, drama therapy, music therapy, poetry therapy and art therapy.
Competitive compensation and benefit package available.
Required Education: Completion of an earned Master's Degree in Creative Arts Therapy from an accredited college or university with at least 60 semester hours of clinical coursework.
Professional License Requirements: Possession of current NYS license as an Art Therapist as granted by the NYS Office of the Professions.
Specialized Knowledge: Principles of art Therapy applicable to care, treatment and rehabilitation of clients with behavioral or psychological disturbances. Knowledge of psychotherapy and methods.
Post a Job
Expressive Arts Therapist
Incorporates a multimodal approach including, writing, drama, dance, movement, painting and/or music elements into the overall Roadmap To Recovery Plan utilized by
PACT TeamQualifications Required:
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Post secondary school education and training, including internships and other supervised practical experiences in a clinical or rehabilitation setting with persons with severe and persistent mental illness
- Must be licensed or certified to work n the field, abide by a code of ethical and practice standards and be committed to a process of lifetime knowledge and skills development.
- Must have skills and competencies to establish supportive trusting relationships with persons with severe and persistent mental illnesses as well as family and other members or the clients’ network
- Must have a valid driver’s license, dependable automobile and a clean drivers record
- 3 -5 years of prior experience working with people with mental illnesses
Essential Functions and
- Provide service coordination (case management) for an assigned group of client including coordinating and monitoring the activities of the individual treatment teams (ITT).
- Assume primary responsibility for developing, writing, implementing, evaluating and revising overall treatment goals and plans in collaboration with the client and the ITT
- Provide individual supportive expressive arts therapy and symptom management, ensuring immediate changes are made in the treatment plan as clients’ needs change
- Educate and support clients’ families and advocate for clients’ rights and preferences
- Conduct holistic and comprehensive assessment along with other team members
- Act as liaison and consult with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process
- With other team members, participate in on-call rotation for crisis intervention/support 7days/wk, 24hrs/day.
- Document client progress to maintain a permanent record of client activity according to established methods and procedures.
- Provide treatment, rehabilitation and support services, with some interventions directed or performed by staff with or without specialty training and skills (i.e. vocational specialists, residential counselors)
- Take the lead role in providing case management and expressive therapies services.
- Occasional interstate travel
- Other related duties as assigned
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- Problem solving skills on both strategic and functional levels
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, drive a vehicle, use hands to type, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, bend, walk up and down stairs, talk, hear, and see. Employee must be able to occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: This work is performed both in and outside of an office setting.
Art Therapist - SW
SW Art Therapist needed. This position is located in nearby Alexandria Bay, NY. Candidate to function as our Art Therapist. Our hospital, located in beautiful Alexandria Bay, located along the St. Lawrence River, is seeking a licensed creative arts therapist (LCAT) to work full time in our Behavioral Health Center. Creative arts therapists are trained in psychotherapy and in specific arts disciplines, which may include dance/movement therapy, drama therapy, music therapy, poetry therapy and art therapy. Competitive compensation and benefit package available. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Completion of an earned Master's Degree in Creative Arts Therapy from an accredited college or university with at least 60 semester hours of clinical coursework. Professional License
Possession of current NYS license as an Art Therapist as granted by the NYS Office of the Professions. Principles of art Therapy applicable to care, treatment and rehabilitation of clients with behavioral or psychological disturbances. Knowledge of psychotherapy and methods. This is a high level position so potential candidate must meet all specified requirements to be eligible for consideration. NO Sponsorship or Visa transfers, No 3rd Party Vendor Referrals, and NO foreign Based Resumes will be accepted at this time. Potential Paid Relocation within the US for ideal candidate. Immediate need and Incredible Pay offered for exceptional candidates.
Apply now to be considered for this opportunity. Email or applying directly with your resume will result in the quickest response.
Julie A. Grey
Provide therapeutic education, social skills, and art activity services to youth in a group home setting in Seaford. Requires excellent clinical skills in group work with an ability to adapt to the needs of adolescents who experience mental health challenges.
The Expressive Arts Therapist is responsible for providing age and developmentally appropriate therapy groups, clinical documentation, and establishing behavioral treatment goals. Knowledge of group leadership skills, age specific growth and development, crisis and behavior management, preferred. Knowledge of trauma informed care and the recovery model, a plus.
Requires a Master's Degree and related certification in, Art Therapy. Minimum 2 years' experience working with a mental health population. Must have flexibility with schedule.
Part-time, up to 9 hours per week. The News Journal. Keywords: Art Therapist, Location: Seaford, DE - 19973
Post a Job
General medical and surgical hospital seeking an Art Therapist.
MUST be a certified Art Therapist. LPC/LPCC is NOT viable in place of this certification.
Varied shifts (days/evenings)
Weekend and holiday rotation (about 1 weekend/month)
Post a Job
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.Summary:
Functioning as a member of the health care team, the Art Therapist is responsible for supporting children, teens and family members in the health care setting by providing developmentally appropriate art therapy interventions that focus on building /rebuilding positive coping skills and providing emotional support of the child and family. The Art Therapist plans, organizes, and directs art therapy activities. Collaborates with other members of the healthcare team in planning art activities in accordance with patients' physical or psychological needs, capabilities, and interests.
1. Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned from time to time by employee's supervisor.
2. Demonstrates proficiency in the care of children, adolescents and adults by completing at least 75% of clinical competencies.
3. Assess and prioritize child/family needs for art therapy intervention; Support patients and family members in coping with the stresses associated with the health care experience;
4. Provide opportunities for and facilitate a variety of group and individual art therapy, and interventions which promote development, self-expression, and mastery;
5. Evaluate emotional, social, mental and physical condition of referred patients utilizing therapeutic interventions and assessments;
6. Provide education regarding development, psychosocial concerns of hospitalized child or children/adolescents living with chronic illness, and coping techniques to patients, family members, and the larger community as appropriate;
7. Function and consult as a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team, integrating goals and plans to promote optimal patient care that is family-centered and developmentally appropriate.
8. On behalf of the Art Therapy program, collaborate with community partners to implement the Arts in Healthcare programs.
1. Understanding of art methods and materials, knowledge of child development
2. Effective communication with the healthcare team
3. Works with team; builds and fosters professional relationships
4. Accepts feedback, makes suggestions
5. Sets priorities; asks questions; defines procedures
6. Works independently; schedules time efficiently; thinks pro-actively
7. Identifies customers; answers customers questions
8. Stays current on art therapy technology that is appealing to children
9. Willingness to accept change
Education and Training:
Master's Degree in Art Therapy
ATR-BC - Board Certification in Art Therapy
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.Post a Job
Creative Arts Therapist
Located along scenic waterfront property in Brooklyn, NY, our Centers for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care have earned a reputation for providing quality and compassionate care delivered through programs and services that support individuals needing short-stay or long term inpatient care.
Develops, implements, conducts and monitors therapeutic recreational and related activities for the resident's care, treatment, rehabilitation and social and psychological adjustment.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent
- License within one of the following areas; Music Therapy, Dance Therapy, Drama Therapy, Art Therapy or other accepted area of recreational therapy
- Excellent oral and written communication, leadership, time management, decision making and motivation skills
- Able to address the psycho-social needs of residents
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
- Must have knowledge of diverse recreation program topics
We truly value our staff and further acknowledge their contributions by offering:
- Employee and family health coverage
- Competitive salaries
- Employer contributed pension plan
- Generous time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 403(b) retirement plan
Production Design - Art Preparation - Seasonal
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
Do you love t-shirts and swag? Are you speedy at Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, relish key commands, details, and well-planned prints? We're looking for a production designer to work on a seasonal basis (August-October with the possibility of permanent hire). You'll be a crucial piece in our constant goal of making the best shirts & swag ever.
Prep and separate graphics for apparel and promo products in both the college and corporate market (shirts, hoodies, hats, drinkware, bags, etc). This will entail double checking designs to ensure printability, separating artwork for screen printing, and working with press ops to ensure intended results. Much of this will be in relation to the Greek System, so kudos if you were in a fraternity/sorority or know the scene. If you're into shirts, swag, and the college market, then this is for you!
We are a screen printer, promo product peddler, graphic design firm and warehouse/fulfillment center; but most of all - we are brand evangelists. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising that in the end we always make the Best Shirts & Swag Ever.
For 6 of the last 7 years in a row we've been named one of the Fastest Growing companies in Washington. Merchandise we've created can be found coast-to-coast on the backs of college students and corporate execs alike.
Prep/send artwork for apparel & promo Items, ensuring accuracy and adhering to art requirements.
Guide Designers: Adjust and tweak art from designers to improve final product.
Review design proofs.
Separate artwork pre-production
Color-correct garment icons to match physical garment swatches.
Track and prioritize lists so all jobs (including rush) are completed on time.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
Thorough knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop with the ability to work super-fast
Art Separation knowledge in Illustrator and Photoshop
Spot color separation experience in Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus
Experience with screen printing desired
Good handle on organization and "clean" files
Attention to detail and disciplined work ethic
Superior time management skills so tight deadlines are met
BA in Graphic Design (or equivalent visual degree)
Positive, problem solving attitude
Ability/Desire to work seasonally (August-October). There is a possibility of permanent hire in November.
Fine Art Shipping Associate
Do you have shipping experience and a keen attention to detail? Then set your sights on a career in our fast-paced environment. Heritage Auctions is 3rd largest auction house in the world and our auction categories include coins, sports, comics, historical, modern & contemporary art, illustration art, decorative arts, entertainment and music… and many more
SUMMARY: Responsible for all tasks related to accurately packing and shipping items in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess packaging needs adequately for delicate items
- Receive, deliver, and pick-up local and long distance consignments
- Assist loading and unloading items
- Prepare setup and break down for previews and auctions
- Maintain and organize supply and garage
- Build custom crates and other custom packaging.
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma required
- Minimum 1 year of shipping experience in an office and packaging environment (not warehouse)
- Basic understanding of estimating for small package and LTL shipments.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to repeatedly lift 40 to 70 pounds for approximately 8 hours on a daily basis
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and basic knowledge of computer skills
- Must be highly detail-oriented
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment; hours are 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM; work extended hours nights and weekends due to overnight travel, if necessary.
We are a non-smoking company and also require that all applicants submit to a drug screen and background check.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE
Post a Job
Martial Arts Instructor Taekwondo And Mixed Martial Arts
Position: Full Time Instructor in Family Friendly Taekwondo and/or Mixed Martial Arts
Company: Aim High Academy of Martial Arts
Aim High Academy of Martial Arts (AHAMA) is a non-profit martial arts studio with multiple departments that serves over 800 students and families by providing an ever evolving martial arts curriculum including Taekwondo, mixed martial arts, kickboxing, and more. Through our scholarship program, we are able to offer classes to those that cannot afford lessons but would benefit from being around positive, motivated people. Aim High has been awarded a top 3 position in the Oregon’s Best 100 non-profit companies to work for.
Lead and develop programs while delivering the best instruction possible
The main role of this position is to teach the Warrior curriculum to our youth martial artist while maintaining the methods used by Aim High. Must have a love to teaching children and working to develop mindset and social driven skills through the means of a matured well rounded martial arts curriculum.
Fusion (aka Mixed Martial Arts) ;
Fun, excitement, and a little taste of everything. The Fusion program is a moderate to high-impact mixed martial art program combining aspects from TKD, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Western Boxing, Jiu jitsu, Escrima, and Street Wise Self Defense. Right from the beginning, you'll receive very the best in martial arts training provided by our highly skilled and energetic staff. Your commitment to training from White to Black Belt will truly be an inspiration for friends and family alike. (Prerequisites: Kids classes—must meet minimum age requirement of 8 years/Adult classes—13 years.
Olympic Style Taekwondo classes focus on kicking/footwork, forms, conditioning, core, and board breaking. A student will build flexibility and increase core strength in these dynamic classes. Korean culture and Taekwondo history are taught, along with the use of Modern Training Methods. Competition opportunities are available for students who wish to take their performance to the next level.
· Over 18 years of age
· Communicate effectively with peers and supervisors
· Demonstrate a competent level of teaching required materials
· Lead a group of peers in following class plans
· Lead classes independently and possibly oversee a small team
· Assist with curriculum when requested
· Act as a positive role model
· Must be able to pass a background check
· Effective time management skills
· Vehicle and valid driver’s license
· Fill Supervisory role when Program Manager is absent
-Must have strong computer skills
-Must have strong communication skills
· Adult & Child CPR/First Aid/AED Certification
· 1st Degree Black Belt or Higher
Oversee and teach program
classes on a daily basis.
Develop curriculum and
Supervise program staff
Coach staff on training and
Write and deliver employee
Oversee and run program
Ensure that floor area is
well-organized, stocked with
Assist Floor Director with
Be available while off-site
during business hours to
respond to program needs
Participate in school events
at the request of the Floor,
Operations, or Executive
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter.If selected for an interview, an AHAMA Employment Application will be sent to you. Phone calls will not be accepted.
Must be VERY RELIABLE and DEDICATED to educating youth that may be tough at times.