Artillery Maintenance Supervisor Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Artillery Maintenance Supervisor
Supervisor Of Mechanical, Electrical, Preventative Maintenance
Direct and coordinate activities of assigned personnel.
- Administers and controls the mechanical, electrical, and instrument preventative maintenance programs.
- Coordinates repairs, maintenance, and alterations with operations and other plant departments to minimize downtime.
- Directs activities of outside contractors as needed, including developing job scopes, and securing proper quotes for the jobs.
- Coordinate preventive maintenance programs throughout the plant.- Supervises trouble-shooting of plant equipment breakdowns, interface with operations personnel and resolve equipment reliability problems.
- Establish adequate controls to assure that most efficient procedures are being followed.
- Review in-progress and completed repairs/construction to ensure that the work is completed in a quality, timely, and cost-efficient manner.
- Assure that all maintenance and repair activities are performed in compliance with safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain flexible work schedule to provide off-shift supervisory coverage when needed.
- Participates in design of new equipment and/or modifications to existing equipment to improve reliability, production or energy efficiency.- Selects and recommends training for the maintenance personnel.
- Recommend and review needed repair parts / supplies and spare parts for critical equipment.
- Reviews work order requests, generates work orders, and closes work orders when complete.
- Review / input daily payroll information for all direct reports.
- Generate and distribute daily update of work performed and status of jobs.
- Manages maintenance overtime requirements.
- Participates in plant call duty and weekend supervision rotation.
- Enter purchase requisitions.
- Conducting and documenting plant audits for safety behaviors, housekeeping, and procedures. Also Conduct daily tool box talks and monthly safety meetings.
- Drive OEE improvements.
- Performs systematic analysis and trouble-shooting of plant Distributive Controls System and Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Write programs and Configure I/O points for the plant Distributive Controls System and Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Assist with design and development of instrumentation systems, including the evaluation of and specification for equipment, within budgeting requirements.
- Build, modify and repair process and laboratory instrumentation devices, both hard-wired and programmable logic, for temperature, flow, PH, conductivity and turbidity.
- Performs maintenance, calibrating, trouble-shooting of plant process control loops.
- Analyze and repair the plant telephone equipment, public address systems, and associated components. Trouble-shoots/repairs electronic test equipment.- Participates in plant safety programs.
An Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in an Electrical Field
5-10 years of hands-on instrumentation maintenance, including significant controls systems experience.
3-5 years of supervisory experience
Full Relocation Provided
Reports to :Maintenance/Project Engineering Manager
TRAVEL Up to 20% of the time
Visa sponsorship not supported
Note: This location is within one hour of Jackson, TN Post a Job
The Maintenance Supervisor will oversee all mechanical maintenance of equipment, infrastructure and facilities, and will manage the plant maintenance activities to ensure safety, regulatory compliance, operating efficiency and cost minimization.
Specific job duties are: Promote and enforce compliance with all safety rules and environmental regulations. Provide leadership for a maintenance team that is an integral part of day to day plant operations.
Develop and mentor an effective staff of maintenance associates. Assess skills and develop as necessary to meet plant operational and compliance needs. Schedule and coordinate maintenance resources to provide 24/7/365 support for plant operations Assign responsibilities, assess results and maintain accountability Administer plant and company policies effectively with fairness and consistency Plan and execute major shut down and repair projects Implement Preventive and Predictive Maintenance systems consisting of planned inspections; servicing, measuring and monitoring of critical equipment; and documentation of activities pertaining to continuous improvement and regulatory compliance.
Utilize and maintain a Work Order system to assign and prioritize duties for a team of multi-craft technicians, and analyze data for the purposes of reducing downtime, identifying root cause, implementing irreversible corrective actions and making continuous improvements. Support the initiatives of the executive management. Maintain confidentiality.
Perform other duties as assigned by the staff. Develop critical spares list and inventory. Order parts and maintain appropriate inventories.
Post a Job
Maintenance Supervisor (Relocate To Delaware, OH)
International Paper’s vision is to be one of the best and most respected companies in the world. A company of substance in everything we do, from the products we make, to investing in communities, to protecting our environment, International Paper supports communities where our employees live and work.
The Maintenance Supervisor Responsible for leading and directing plant maintenance activities; ensures that equipment and facilities are kept in optimum operating conditions. Typically found in a Sheet or Sheet Feeder plant, or small box plant. May be located in a larger box plant, but have limited to no previous supervisory experience.SUMMARY
- Report to Manufacturing Manager any information that may impede the operation of the plant as soon as it becomes known, while providing technical expertise regarding plant equipment and facilities.
- Initiate and/or maintain a cost-effective preventive maintenance program and Implement quality improvement and cost reduction ideas
- Contact and work with vendors and subcontractors to achieve desired results.
- Maintains adequate inventories of spare parts and Purchase materials, parts, and supplies as required.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Four years maintenance experience in a manufacturing plant.
- Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- College and/or related technical courses.
- Five years experience in the corrugated box industry with heavy experience in electronics,
- Mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electricity.
- Demonstrated personnel supervisory skills.
- Action oriented
- Customer/Quality Focused
- Organizational Skills
- Developing Direct Reports
- Building Effective Teams
- Priority Setting
- Process Management
- Conflict Management
- Decision Quality
Cellular Field Maintenance Technician / Supervisor – Lighting / Power Systems - Eastern, MA
Cellular Field Maintenance Technician / Supervisor – Lighting / Power Systems - Eastern, MA
We are seeking full time Field Maintenance Technician /Supervisor to join our client’s team and become an integral part of their continued success throughout the Eastern, MA area. ( 01801). This is initially a contract role with a possibility of contract to hire. You will be responsible for covering the Coastal MA.
A positive attitude is almost as important as your skill-set. This is a great company that will allow for career growth. Please apply ASAP if you think that you are a fit.
Responsibilities include various light maintenance / construction, and other duties as needed at project sites such as maintenance of cell-site roads, compounds and Cell Tower Infrastructure (not tower climbing). You’ll be responsible for coordinating with General Contractors and other stakeholders to gain access and do work on the site.
Generally, you’ll make sure that the compounds are safe and secure. You’ll provide basic maintenance and coordinate with subcontractors for larger issues.
The ideal candidate must be skilled at proper documentation, record-keeping, and be familiar with basic computer usage/Microsoft Office applications and be based Field Based covering the Coastal MA area.
This is a great opportunity for self-motivated Field Maintenance Technician with 1-3 years of experience in construction or field services.
This position requires a clean driving, the ability to pass a drug screen and criminal record check; and the ability to lift and carry 60 pounds, and work under inclement weather conditions.
Business Mileage is reimbursed.
Field Maintenance Technician, Familiarity with Lighting / Power Systems
Valmet Corporation is a leading global developer and supplier of services and technologies for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our 11,000 professionals around the world work close to our customers and are committed to moving our customers’ performance forward – every day.
Aiken, SC Roll Shop is looking for an individual who will to manage all facility activities involving maintenance and engineering, for machines and equipment, building and grounds, and utilities.
Property Maintenance Supervisor
Preservation Management, Inc. is seeking an experienced property Maintenance Supervisor for a multi-unit residential property. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior maintenance professional with knowledge about all aspects of residential property maintenance. In addition to performing routine and project-based maintenance tasks, the Maintenance Supervisor directs the work of on-site maintenance staff and supports the Site Property Manager.
Specific Duties Include:
- Maintaining the physical plant and property; preparing and monitoring annual maintenance budgets, including capital planning; ordering maintenance supplies and controlling inventory.
- Developing and carrying out detailed plans and schedules for: preventive maintenance; grounds keeping; equipment and appliance repair or replacement; apartment maintenance and remodeling; building systems repair and replacement.
- Coordinating the work and daily assignments of the maintenance staff; monitoring compliance with all relevant company and governmental safety rules and regulations.
- Conducting inspections for the following systems: heating, cooling, water, and electrical systems; backflow prevention; water pressure regulators; fire alarm and fire-suppression systems; security and emergency systems.
- Selecting renovation-level contractors; ensuring contractors meet PMI and industry standards and inspecting their work upon completion.
- Keeping technical specifications documents up-to-date, including blueprints, as-built plans, and utility schematics.
Maintenance Supervisor - Uhcl
Are you excited by planning and delivering business excellence? Do you love solving complex problems? Do you want to be part of building a high performing team and developing talent for the future?
Campus Living Villages (CLV) aspires to set the global standard in student accommodation. As a business we go beyond providing quality buildings and facilities, working to create exciting communities, learning opportunities and memories for our residents that last a lifetime.
Our Core Values CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day to day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
Summary of the Role
The Maintenance Supervisor manages, plans, schedules and executes work orders and preventive maintenance programs for the Village. Completes work orders and other maintenance tasks when necessary. Facility may include all or some of the following components: offices, resident rooms, laundry facilities, swimming pool, study lounges, parking areas, gym and/or an activity center/community room/clubhouse. This position is based at our village located in Houston - Clear Lake location.
- Performs and/or supervises the daily tasks necessary to maintain the curb appeal and physical integrity of the facility.
- Provides daily maintenance service to resident’s units as requested by resident via a work order system.
- Coordinates with Leasing Director and General Manager to stay current on move-out and move-in schedule in order to perform maintenance on vacated make-ready vacant units.
- Develops and implement a preventive maintenance program.
- Coordinates and supervises all work performed by outside contractors.
- Develops and maintains rapport with outside vendors, suppliers and contractors.
- Solicits and reviews outside bids for services.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Overseees and maintains Key Control Policies and Procedures
- Purchases and maintains the inventory needed on-site to perform daily maintenance duties.
- Develops annual maintenance plan to align with the repair and maintenance needs of the Village.
- Assists with the development of the Cap Ex plans.
- Maintains a monthly maintenance budget.
- Prepares for annual turn.
- Compiles a variety of reports relating to the maintenance operations of the property.
- Participates when necessary in an on-call rotational duty for evening/weekend hour emergency response.
- Responds to emergency maintenance calls.
- Maintains accurate records for furniture, keys and fixture inventories.
- Inventories all tools and equipment used in maintenance activities and ensure tools and equipment are maintained in good and safe working condition.
- Supervises and coordinate work shifts for Maintenance Technician(s) and Housekeeping Supervisor, as applicable.
- Evaluates the performance of the Maintenance Technician(s) and Housekeeping Supervisor, as applicable.
- Assists in the hiring and training of the necessary personnel for the Maintenance and Housekeeping Departments, including OSHA training and all relevant reporting.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in all aspects of maintaining a large scale multi-family apartment complex containing a pool, laundry, office/community room and/or weight room.
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience.
- Experience in common maintenance items such as drywall repair, swimming pool maintenance and phone systems.
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as; discounts, proportions and percentages.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to write and compose informational communication materials.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with co-workers, subordinates, residents of the facility and university personnel with a positive attitude and a strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to direct people and assign and delegate work, problem solve, answer questions, and evaluate results of performance.
- Must be able to communicate and understand all verbal and written information and instructions.
- Must be able to verbalize and write well to facilitate safety, work completion and other necessary communications.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- HVAC and CPO Certifications required.
- Completion of workshops in the areas of air conditioning repair, plumbing, electrical and heating systems preferred.
Preventative Maintenance Supervisor
Preventative Maintenance Supervisor
Plans, organizes, and directs the overall preventive maintenance (P.M.) program for production machinery and equipment. Oversees the work of maintenance technicians to execute the P.M. program. Promotes and ensures attention to safety, quality, productivity, machine up-time, and cost-efficiency.
Plans, organizes, and directs the overall preventive maintenance program for production machinery and equipment.
Compiles and reviews various reports, logs, charts, corrective action lists, etc. to identify and prioritize maintenance and repair assignments to resolve production equipment issues.
Develops standard operating procedures and maintains maintenance records for production equipment, including downtime, repair costs, spare parts, reliability studies, and ‘mean time before failure’ (MTBF) analysis.
Prepares budgets for supplies, spare parts, staffing, and contracted services. Assists in preparation of capital expense budgeting and generates continuous improvement and cost reductions ideas.
Communicates with other production departments and shifts in order to maximize work order completion and machine up-time. Performs root cause analysis in determining cause of equipment breakdown.
Reviews associate performance and provide appropriate feedback and counseling for continuous improvement.
At least five (5) years of related maintenance and machine repair experience and three (3) years of supervisory experience--preferably in a high-volume manufacturing environment--are required.
High school diploma or GED is required. Related Bachelor degree, or equivalent, is strongly preferred.
Proven experience in managing multiple projects, objectives, and deadlines—preferably for preventive maintenance programs.
Excellent leadership and communication skills are essential.
Working knowledge of 440 or 480 three-phase electrical/electronic systems, electronics/robotics, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic equipment and systems is required. Operational knowledge of precision measuring instruments, gauges, test equipment, and blueprint reading is also required.
As a company, AAP has flexibility, which allows fast turnaround on special orders and focused attention to our customers' needs. This adaptability, along with more than 40 years experience of our parent company, Hitachi Metals, Ltd., in the worldwide automotive wheel market, makes AAP a unique supplier. Our facility, located in St. Marys, OH, is equipped with the most sophisticated design and production equipment.
Over the years, AAP has relied heavily upon a close partnership with our associates. Since 1988, our growth has resulted in six expansions and a production capacity of over 3 million wheels per year. Aside from our growth, we are most proud of maintaining steady work for our employees throughout our 29-year history.
The incumbent’s primary responsibility is to supervise Mechanical Maintenance employees to ensure that the plant is maintained in good order. The Maintenance Supervisor is also responsible to ensure that all work is completed in a safe, efficient and timely manner and in compliance with environmental requirements keeping budgetary considerations in mind.
Nature and Scope
The supervisory function can best be described as including all aspects of the management of people, in key issues such as productivity, safety, training, development, and employee relations etc.
The incumbent will ensure motivation within his group through proper delegation, participation, recognition, and follow up on suggestions and ideas.
The supervisor is responsible to ensure that all maintenance activities are carried out in the most effective, efficient and timely manner possible
The incumbent will give constructive feedback and coaching as required to maintain a high degree of professionalism within the group.
The incumbent must be able to use and understand the computerized maintenance management system (SAP) and have knowledge of the work order tracking system, spare parts catalog, requisitioning and inventory systems.
The incumbent is required to be knowledgeable of the plant process and production requirements.
· Work closely with Maintenance Coordinator, Maintenance Planner, Electrical Maintenance Supervisor, and Improvement Engineer.
· Assist Maintenance Coordinator in developing a weekly schedule (manpower assignments)
· Execute the schedule of planned work with assigned resources (M&E’s, Systems Technicians, Mechanical Contractors and Electrical Contractors).
o Routine day-to-day work orders.
o Area Down Days (PM’s, Inspections, Checklists)
o Major Maintenance Turnarounds
· Spend at least 70 % of time in the field, coaching the workforce.
· Drive workforce performance
o Ensure job is done safely
o Ensure jobs are completed efficiently
o Ensure employees are prepared for assigned jobs ahead of time (day before)
o Ensure employees carry radios and communicate effectively with all parties.
o Ensure that break time and lunch times are controlled.
o Enforce plant specific Policies (No Smoking areas, LOTOTO, PPE, Etc.)
o Work Order History (can be delegated)
o PG Work Orders (can be delegated)
o Recommend job plan changes to Maintenance Planners
o Work performance and attendance issues
· 2nd Line of contact for emergency requests (ie. Maintenance Coordinator should be contacted first in order to judge priority and validate feasibility).
· Communicate personnel issues to Maintenance Manager
· Assist in spare parts inventory control
· Maintain accurate records of maintenance callout activity
· Record and communicate Contractor Safety Orientation Program
· Ensure that all work is accomplished in a safe manner and in compliance with all environmental requirements
· Ensure that outside contractors performing work on sight, have provided required insurance certification before work begins.
· Associates Degree (AAS) or related experience.
· 3-5 years of related experience. Hands on experience with mechanical equipment installation, repair and maintenance, and troubleshoot.
· Background with personal computers.
· Strong mechanical background with experience as a skilled tradesperson is extremely helpful and necessary in most instances.
· Supervisory experience is also desired.
While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to travel through a cement plant, i.e., walk over obstacles, climb stairs and ladders, lift heavy or awkward parts, wear personal protective equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, fall protection, etc.).
The employee will at times be exposed to extremely hot/cold, dusty, noisy, or dark situations. At times, work will be performed at great heights or in small confined spaces.
The Physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee will frequently be required to walk on rocky, irregular surfaces that may be muddy and in reduced lighting conditions. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles, confined space, outside weather conditions, low lighting, artificial lighting, and explosives. The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, proximity to electrical equipment, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud.
We support our customers' drive for sustainable building solutions with eco-friendly concrete products and expertise on requirements for LEED certification of buildings using concrete construction.
We are amongst the largest ready-mixed concrete producers in the United States, with a capacity of nearly 10 million cubic meters per year. We have over 300 concrete plants concentrated in two geographic areas. In the southeastern part of the U.S., we operate in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and portions of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, and Virginia. In the south central part of the U.S., we have operations in the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth markets in Texas and Little Rock, Arkansas.
We are also one of the largest cement producer in the southeastern U.S., producing 3.2 million metric tons of cement per year with facilities in Texas, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, and North Carolina. Argos has five rail terminals (three in Georgia, one in Mississippi, one in North Carolina); and terminals with port facilities in Mobile, Alabama; Houston, Texas and Wilmington, North Carolina.
Maintenance Supervisor - Merrillville
- Prioritize and delegate work assignments and work orders and establish work schedules for maintenance, grounds and cleaning staff.
- Ensures budget compliance for all maintenance related items.
- Coordinate emergency maintenance on-call schedule, and post and distribute emergency telephone numbers.
- Communicate with the Property Manager regularly regarding maintenance problems, status of large jobs and when needed collecting bids for the outsourcing
- Coordinate unit turn-over procedures and closely track vacancies in order to assure minimal downtime and maximum quality.
- In conjunction with the Regional Facilities Manager, oversee capital improvement schedule, and implement and adhere to weekly and monthly inspection schedule regarding common areas, roofs, community rooms, emergency lighting, safety and fire prevention equipment, security devices, boiler rooms, etc. Inspection reports should be submitted to the Property Manager on a regular basis.
- Maintain neat, well organized shop with a 30-day inventory and inventory controls and make management-approved purchases of supplies, equipment and services.
- Supervise, review, evaluate and counsel employees in conjunction with the directives of the Property Manager
- Effectively service resident community by cooperating with residents, completing work orders in a timely, unobtrusive and courteous manner, and assuring that all maintenance and cleaning staff perform their functions in the same manner.
- Ensure that maintenance personnel understand and comply with Worker's Compensation and OSHA safety rules.
- Make certain that maintenance personnel understand and adhere to all Fair Housing Laws.
- Carry out any and all duties assigned by supervisor(s) in carrying out the day to day responsibilities of managing and maintaining a multi-family property.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in multi-family residential property management
- Knowledge and expertise of the Fair Housing laws and guidelines. Experience applying local state laws relative to Fair Housing.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds and negotiate stairs and ladders easily.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
- Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
- Attendance is an imperative job function
- HVAC Certification
- Comprehensive benefits package including affordable Medical, Dental & Vision plan options and 401(k) with employer-matched contributions.
- ROCO University delivers virtual, live and instructor-led training on topics relevant to the Property Management industry.
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal time off, as well as paid holidays.
- Lucrative commission and bonus plans, dependent on position.
- Paid parental leave, Tuition reimbursement, Charitable donation program, Referral bonuses, Employee recognition programs and MUCH more!
We are defined by our unique culture centered around young entrepreneurs making waves in an old industry. ROCO's greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our people. We focus on customer-service and reward impact.
Founded in 2012, ROCO Real Estate is a privately owned and operated full service real estate investment and management company headquartered in Bloomfield Hills, MI. Our firm currently owns approximately 20,000 apartment units across 13 states and has over 500 employees. ROCO has a long-term hold strategy for our assets, which means that when we invest in real estate we are making a meaningful commitment. We have experienced record growth due to hiring the best professionals in the industry. ROCO makes significant investments in our employees and properties. We treat our residents and Investor partners the way we would want to be treated, if our positions were reversed.