Artillery Maintenance Supervisor Job Description Sample
Maintenance Supervisor - Transonic Wind Tunnel
Maintenance Supervisor: Supervisor maintenance of test facilities and test operations. Maintain and upgrade test facility's electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Manage with the intent to motivate, train and develop.Manage administrative responsibilities (scheduling, timekeeping, budgeting). Provide timely, constructive feedback regarding work and performance.Manage non-performing employees in accordance with company policy.Manage high potential employees to career succession and growth opportunities.
- Manage and oversee test facility including repair, maintenance, and installation of equipment to ensure continuous operations.
- Lead operational team during setup and testing.
- Manage bargaining unit personnel responsible for the wind tunnel operations and directs maintenance activities of electricians and mechanics.
- Recommend and implement changes to facility and equipment that are cost effective and compliant with safety standards.
- Bachelors in Engineering or related discipline
- 3 years+ in related discipline with minimum of 3 years in testing operations
- Previous experience in management position or;
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to above
- Wind tunnel test standards and protocols
- Facility maintenance methods and procedures
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and manage abstract and concrete variables
- Microsoft Office
Johnson Electric (JE) is excited to announce that we are now recruiting for a Maintenance Supervisor for our Springfield, TN location. This position is responsible for coordinating and supervising the work of employees in the general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment. The position is also responsible for maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and related systems. This position also performs the work of employees and other duties as required. This position is also responsible for managing plant preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, work order and parts inventory systems.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Implementation of a comprehensive written preventative/predictive maintenance program encompassing all plant equipment.
- Tracks spend for maintenance vs. budget and adjusts accordingly.
- Schedules and tracks all daily maintenance tasks performed by crew.
- Provides support to plant and production if breakdown of equipment occurs; has maintenance staff available 24/7 to work through complex issues.
- Schedule and supervise work assignments on production equipment during plant shutdowns.
- Responsible for preparation, installation and repair of complex equipment as necessary.
- Track, analyze and take corrective action to prevent equipment down time.
- Plan, organize, implement and monitor the installation of assigned capital/improvement projects.
- Facilitate training of maintenance and plant personnel in the operation, safety and maintenance of equipment, as required.
- Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency
- Complete special projects, duties and assignments, as appropriate.
- Ability to keep safety as a high priority, complying with Johnson Electric safety regulations to create a safe work environment OSHA complaint (lock out tag out, confined space, hot work permits, PPE etc.)
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area ensuring the proper care of tools and other equipment and adheres to Johnson Electric’s 6S policy
- Maintain and improve spare parts inventory.
- Request quotes from parts suppliers and maintain positive relationship with vendors.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience as a supervisor
- 3+ years of maintenance experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Bachelor degree or comparable trade school certification preferred.
- Automation, electrical, mechanical and molding knowledge is a must.
- 3-5 years or more prior experience in manufacturing maintenance; preventative maintenance and equipment installations.
- 2 or more years of supervisory/leadership experience for small maintenance group
- Experience with continuous improvement methodologies, preferred.
- Experience working in an Automotive manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people Skills
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings and documentation of all types (mechanical, electrical, electronic, schematic, hydraulic, pneumatic, etc.) in order to accurately apply their skills in any particular situation.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to analyze data and information, and to make effective and timely decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and handle ambiguity with a positive attitude
JE offers talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.
Johnson Electric is a global leader in motion products, control systems and flexible interconnects. We serve a broad range of industries including automotive, building automation and security, business machines, defense and aerospace, food and beverage, home technologies, HVAC, industrial equipment, medical devices, personal care, power equipment and power tools.
Established in 1959, Johnson Electric ships its products to more than 30 countries for use in hundreds of different product applications. Innovation and product design centers are located in Hong Kong, China, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Israel, France, Canada, UK and USA. We employ more than 40,000 employees and subcontract workers in over 23 countries.
The Maintenance Manager assists in the completion of the day to day activities involving the maintenance of the production equipment and machinery, including, but not limited to HVAC, lighting systems, plant machinery and production lines. This position supervises and coordinates the work of employees who repair and maintain the production equipment and machinery in the plant.
Essential Duties and
- Prepares work schedules, assigns work and oversees the work product while minimizing overtime and call-in hours.
- Develops and maintains a preventative maintenance program for applicable machinery and equipment within the confines of an annual budget, and tracks maintenance downtime.
- Arranges for, coordinates, and manages appropriate third-party contractor support as needed.
- Prepares Maintenance budget and secures estimates and cost quotes as needed.
- Keeps up on technological changes, and maintains up-to-date records for all local, state and federal mandates and inspections.
- Enforces sound safety practices. Plays key role in plant safety.
- Prepares and maintains maintenance reports for the owner and other appropriate managerial personnel. Makes recommendations where applicable.
- Works with plant supervisors to effectively maintain existing plant facilities and equipment, replaces, and/or makes recommendations and adjustments to plant facilities and equipment to the owner when necessary.
- Provides training for new and existing employees.
- May conduct performance evaluations of subordinates and make recommendations for salary adjustments.
- Assists in the selection of new hires, employee coaching and disciplinary issues.
- May perform other or specified duties as directed.
- College degree in a related field and five (5) to ten (10) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the window and door industry desired.
- An equivalent combination of education/trade schooling, certifications, and experience may be substituted for a college degree at the discretion of management.
- Minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience is required for this position.
- Knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electrical, machine repair and maintenance, plant layout, and safety experience required.
- Familiarity with associated hand/power tools in the disciplines above required.
- Strong knowledge of plant/OSHA health and safety standards and compliance, and a fundamental understanding of applicable governmental regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance programs as they relate to plant and corporate KPI’s and Continuous Improvement activities and initiatives.
- A fundamental understanding of Lean manufacturing concepts.
- Basic knowledge of human resource principles and practices and how they relate to motivating subordinates in accordance with corporate goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of door and window production machines, tools and maintenance, and how they relate to plant production and maintenance goals and objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sound technical, leadership, teamwork, decision making, problem solving, and organizational skills required for this position.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and work effectively as a team player throughout the plant with individuals and various plant teams.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office
Location: Richmond, VA 23237
Position Status: Direct hire
Shift: Monday- Friday (3pm to 11pm)
Our client is looking for Maintenance Supervisor for a position located in Richmond, VA. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for equipment reliability and metal flow throughout the plant. This supervisor is responsible for the 3rd shift (3pm-11pm) Monday- Friday.
Bachelor's degree or Associate degree with five years’ experience as a maintenance supervisor.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Rules of Discipline.
- Responsible for craft breaks.
- Provide direction for team of industrial electricians and millwrights
- Utilize resource sharing between the plant maintenance areas.
- Document maintenance turnovers from shift to shift in the supervisor's logbook.
- Comply with the maintenance housekeeping standards.
- Manage DSC compliance and follow-up.
- Responsible for crafts selling time.
- Develop daily schedules and weekly schedules.
- Manage the LTM system.
- Monitor the OEE system and make inputs to maintenance exceptions.
- Write follow-up work orders from PM's.
- Perform pre-job hazard assessments.
- PM review to check for correctness.
- Proper care of machine parts and spares.
- Responsible for on-time outage compliance.
- Direct safety meetings.
- Execute 5 min safety talks.
- Perform Incident Investigations.
- Take ownership in the safety process ownership.
- Perform maintenance audits (Lockout, Confined Space, Fall Protection, PPE, and Mobile equipment).
- Strong PC skills, including Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Experience managing teams of union employees a plus, particularly craft employees (industrial electricians, millwrights, etc.)
- Proven ability to work in teams.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Be energetic, disciplined and focused on a team building operational organization.
- Have well developed interpersonal and business partnering skills, with the ability to quickly adapt to, be accepted by, and interrelate with the organization at all levels.
- Be willing to work flexible hours.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Approximately 15% of the job function is performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. 85% of the job function is required in the plant. There is exposure to operating machinery and a manufacturing environment.
Job ID2018-83400JOB OVERVIEW"Sunrise is the best place that I've ever worked, simply because of the people. We provide quality care in an environment that feels like home.
Our focus is doing what's right for the resident. For me, that's a big breath of fresh air."- Sunrise Leader
At Sunrise, our Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership support to the facilities operations. The Maintenance Supervisor is a hands-on leader in the day to day operations directly supervising and assisting the maintenance team members as well as performing hands on maintenance tasks creating a safe, secure and inviting environment for residents, guests and team members.RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for developing work assignments for maintenance team members-Supervises all aspects of the maintenance operations- Assists in performing and/or supervising housekeeping operations in addition to maintenance responsibilities as assigned.
- Two (2) years job related experience preferred- Supervisory / management experience preferred which may include supervising and responsibility of shift/daily operations- High School diploma / GED accepted- Technical school education preferred- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and code compliance- Possess an understanding of all fire & life safety regulations, fire prevention and OSHA regulations- Ability to handle multiple priorities- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small group presentations- Competent in organizational, time management skills- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the ability to learn new applications.
Sunrise maintains a drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a drug and alcohol test.
ABOUT SUNRISESunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families.
It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise. At Sunrise, you will…Make a Difference Every Day We are passionate about our mission — to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive CommunityThe care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your PotentialWe believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals.
contingent upon section assigned to.
- Responsible for the overall management, supervision and training of personnel assigned to the section.
- Dependent upon section assigned, oversee mechanics or all quality control (QC) inspections and inspectors to validate their capability to identify improper repairs and scheduled services.
- Establishes the Logistics Readiness Center’s (LRC) quality assurance/quality control program for maintenance and repairs of tactical and combat vehicles, to include Garrison’s equipment or Pre-deployment Training Equipment.
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) on tactical and combat equipment requiring repairs and determine the reparability of items based on the Maintenance Expenditure Limit (MEL).
- Identifies technical training shortfalls and when necessary trains QC inspectors to or mechanics accurately diagnose/troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic malfunctions accurately using the latest equipment, technical manuals (TM), and procedures available.
- Validate customers’ estimated cost of damage (ECOD) and actual cost of damage (ACOD) for repairs; ensures vehicle/equipment condition classifications, ECODs and ACODs are completed in accordance with DA PAM 750-8.
- Organizes maintenance workflow efficiency, troubleshooting and repairs.
- Primarily responsible for enforcing safety and environmental standards in conjunction with maintenance operations.
- Performs employee discipline counseling, employee performance reviews, and other personnel reporting’s.
- Reviews and approve employee timesheets.
- Screen applicants and conducts interviews for open position.
- Ensures all employees observe policy, procedures and regulatory guidance for physical security, and monitors for compliance.
- Must have at least five years of supervisory experience, a comprehensive knowledge of governing regulations, policies, procedures and instructions in The Army Maintenance Management Systems (TAMMS).
- Must have knowledge in completing necessary documentation such as DA Forms 2404/5988E Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet, DA Form 2407 Maintenance Request, DA Form 2407–1 Maintenance Request Continuation Sheet, DA Form 7723 Maintenance Expenditure Limit Waiver, DA Form 461-5 Vehicle Classification Inspection, and other applicable DA/DoD forms.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of applicable program relationships, concepts and methodologies pertaining fleet maintenance operations.
- Must possess operational skill and knowledge of the automated supply systems utilized, specifically the Global Combat Support System-Army (GCSS-A)
- Ability to gain cooperation and coordinate the work of others.
- Skill in written and oral presentations.
- Capability to adjust work operations to meet emergency or changing program or production requirements within available resources and with minimum sacrifice to quantity and quality of work.
- Ability to establish program objectives or performance goals and assess progress.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
Technica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Technica recognizes the value of diversity in our workplace and is committed to equal opportunity. Technica provides fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, sexual preference, partnership status, gender identity, disability, genetic information, and protected veteran status, status of participation in the U.S. Armed Services, or other status protected by federal, state or local law. Technica hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Technica reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and employees. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Technica encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and members or veterans of the U.S. Armed Services to apply.
Technica offers paid time off, health, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance benefits, and 401(k) options to all full-time employees.
This position description is subject to change at any time. Only persons submitting applications through Technica’s on-line application process will be considered for employment.
Maintenance Supervisor - 2Nd Shift
- Supervisor will manage preventive maintenance program, repair equipment, and monitor/control the maintenance costs.
- Manages the shop operations and provides supervision of the mechanic workforce.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Five (5) years of experience in a maintenance related field;
- Three (3) years of experience in a supervisory role
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Technical school training highly preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Second Shift work schedule 2:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations
- General knowledge of processing equipment and instrumentation, ammonia training, Hazmat and HACCP
- Forklift operations
Here's your opportunity to "Work on the Bright Side®"! If you're a hands-on problem solver, we're looking for you! La Quinta Inns & Suites®, a leader in the hospitality industry, is seeking an organized, detail-oriented Maintenance Supervisor to help keep our hotel operations running smoothly and ensure our guests have a great stay. The ideal candidate will have experience maintaining property equipment and supply inventory while performing routine maintenance throughout the hotel. These tasks will include but are not limited to: painting, carpet/floor cleaning, caulking, etc. This position is responsible for supervising the activities of the hotel maintenance department while assisting with the repair and maintenance of the hotel.
Other key duties include:
Ensure the interior and exterior of the hotel is well maintained
Perform minor adjustments on HVAC systems, room furniture, fixtures and other items in the hotel
Supervise the preventative maintenance program
Report major repair needs to the General Manager
Assist in setup/cleanup of meeting rooms
Assist in other areas of the hotel as needed
Keywords: handyman, handy man, hotel maintenance, apartment maintenance, building maintenance, facilities maintenance, property maintenance, maintenance technical
Minimum Experience, Education, Skill & Physical
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
At least 1 year of related general repair required; previous supervisory experience also preferred
Must be flexible in hours and days worked
Must have basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical, and/or other general repair skills
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance and up to 140 pounds with assistance
Must be able to walk, stand, climb, kneel, reach, crawl, push, pull and twist the majority of the day
Must display very good organization and time management skills
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English
Obtain any locally required certification as needed
LQ Management L.L.C. providesequal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard torace, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender (includinggender identity and gender expression), pregnancy (including childbirth orrelated medical conditions, and breastfeeding), marital status, registereddomestic partner status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status,uniformed services status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, orany other status protected by law.
Grounds Supervisor - Maintenance Department
Preferred Minimum Qualifications:
1.High school diploma, completion of G.E.D., or equivalent vocational school.
2.3 years supervisory or other leadership experience in an operational functionality/department.
3.3 years in grounds and/or landscape design, build, maintenance, and/or repair activity.
4.Experience planning, resourcing, scheduling, coordinating, and overseeing complex activities, tasks, projects, and routine maintenance activities across geographically separated sites/teams.
Plans, organizes, equips, and oversees repair and maintenance of all district grounds and grounds related systems (athletic fields, landscapes, playgrounds, irritation systems, vegetation, parking lots, fences, etc.). Supervises activities of district grounds staff/team including planning schedules, resolving work/task conflicts, providing guidance, and other operational supervision duties. Coordinates with grounds, facilities and school/district teams to facilitate both grounds, project, and event (athletic, community, school, graduation, and other formal/informal activities) related functions throughout all district sites.
Plans, resources, scheduled, and implement/oversees grounds related improvement projects. Ensures all district grounds (over 211 acres) are maintained at a high quality, sustainable, and efficient manner. Provides mentorship, counseling, guidance, on-the-spot coaching/disciplinary actions, and other management/leadership duties as needed. Acts in a groundsman capacity for an assigned area of responsibility in addition to supervisory duties.
Essential Job Functions:
1.Supervises activities of district grounds staff/team including planning schedules, resolving work/task conflicts, providing guidance, and other operational supervision duties.
2.Coordinates with grounds, facilities and school/district teams to facilitate both grounds, project, and event (athletic, community, school, graduation, and other formal/informal activities) related functions throughout all district sites.
3.Ensures all district grounds (over 211 acres) are maintained in at a high quality, sustainable, and efficient manner.
4.Acts in a groundsman capacity for an assigned area of responsibility in addition to supervisory duties.
5.Provides mentorship, counseling, guidance, on-the-spot coaching/disciplinary actions, and other management/leadership duties as needed.
6.Plans, resources, scheduled, and implement/oversees grounds related improvement projects.
7.Participates in leadership, professional, and other training events, meetings, etc. as required.
8.Performs other duties as required.
1.Knowledge of landscape (lawn, trees/bushes, turf, etc.) components and their care/maintenance (planting, maintaining, removing, etc.).
2.Able to operate equipment for grounds maintenance, including industrial tractors with attachments, front end loaders, mowers, and other special equipment.
3.Knowledge of sprinkler systems with a variety of components including rotary pop-up and fixed spray sprinkler heads, fittings, valves, water lines, and automatic controls.
4.Knowledge of fundamental landscape and grounds care practices (planting, amendments, fertilization, aeration, irrigation, etc.) for grassed, trees, shrubs, etc.
5.Oral and written communication skills.
6.English language skills.
7.Interpersonal relations skills.
8.Personal computer and keyboarding skills.
9.Customer service and public relations skills.
10. Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
12. Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
13. Ability to manage multiple priorities.
14. Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies and building and department procedures.
15. Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
16. Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
Materials & Equipment Operating
1.Able to operate equipment for grounds maintenance, including industrial tractors with attachments, front end loaders, mowers, and other special equipment.
2.Able to operate/repair/maintain sprinkler systems with a variety of components including rotary pop-up and fixed spray sprinkler heads, fittings, valves, water lines, and automatic controls.
3.Able to operate district and landscape vehicles including ½ ton to 1 ton trucks, trailers, and other motorized equipment.
Head Groundsman are a Grade 8 on the Classified Salary Schedule.
FFC8 allows new hires to bring in up to 8 years of previous experience in similar school type settings.
Please understand that new hires tend to start out at the lower end of the salary range.
261 days per year - 8 Hour Work Days
Equity LifeStyle Properties (ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts, and Campgrounds in North America. ELS consists of nearly 400 resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of over 4,000 employees. Our beautiful communities and parks are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. Our guests and residents enjoy rich vacation and lifestyle experiences in our various resorts.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Maintenance Supervisor for our properties in Saratoga Springs, NY. The Maintenance Supervisor performs various maintenance duties requiring technical labor skills, including but not limited to, HVAC repairs and adjustments, electrical installations, plumbing, light carpentry/construction, and appliance repair. Works as a team participant along with the maintenance engineer to ensure the community meets the quality maintenance standards set by els.
Job Duties include:
Report any maintenance concerns for repairs to the Resort Manager
Supervise Maintenance Team on property
Assist Resort Manager with special maintenance projects as necessary
Assist in maintaining grounds and common areas and keeping them free from trash and debris
May assist in monitoring and/or controlling maintenance inventory and/or supplies
Move heavy objects as requested
Work closely with management and the maintenance engineer in developing an integral team at the property site
Maintain open communication with Resort Manager and Staff
Remain professional in attitude at all times
Perform other duties as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent
Experience managing a team
1-3 years hands-on technical work experience in areas such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, etc
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and work with heavy equipment
Valid driver's license and good driving record along with auto insurance
Must be able to pass a background check
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, you may be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401k employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!