Asbestos Shingle Shearing Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Operator III Shingle Plant
Looking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America. At GAF, we’ve built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we’ve got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it’s in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed. If you’re turned on by the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you. Position Title: Operator III (Package Wrappers / Forklift) Primary
Manage the plastic wrapping on line A or B processes of all products manufactured.
Apply encodes via ink jet system to all bundles per specifications.
Insure bundle label process is maintained per specifications.
Complete wrapper change over for all product changes.
Maintain daily housekeeping responsibilities such as sweeping, and shoveling.
Support pallet restacking and bundle rework.
Support jam removal throughout the package end.
Support laminator lane break lace ups.
Promptly report all known paper raw material issues.
Follow all Safety and Housekeeping procedures as outlined in company policies.
Promptly reporting of all known failures, malfunctions, or ware issues on equipment in primary work area.
Promptly report all known safety issues once observed.
Support all line lace ups from the FPL entry roll through #2 cutter.
Able to obtain a GAF forklift license.
Incident free Forklift operation as needed or requested.
Accurate reporting of daily required forklift safety check sheets.
Complete battery changing in all forklifts.
Keep line supplied / staged with correct pallets, plastic film rolls for product schedule.
Accurate disposal of all waste hoppers in correct dumpsters.
Must be able to operator sweeper.
Able to assist all Production line processes as request by Supervisor
Able to assist Maintenance as requested by Supervisor Other
Must be able to work a 12 hour rotating shift.
Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
Must be able to perform work on elevated levels.
Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for extended periods of time.
Must be able to understand and perform in a satisfactory manner all rules and procedures as described to him in writing as well as verbal instructions.
Must be able to perform all housekeeping duties (sweeping, shoveling, machine blow down) in immediate work area as well as all other areas of the plant as requested by Supervisor.
Must be able to perform tasks in an indoor as well as an outdoor environment.
High School Diploma or GED is required.
Must be able to effectively communicate verbally face to face, over the phone, and in writing.
Must be able to work in a team environment.
Must be able to work alone for extended periods of time.
Must be able to work in an industrial manufacturing environment around, and with the general product raw materials listed: crushed limestone granules, boiler slag granules and fines, limestone filler, fiber glass mat, and petroleum based products.
Must be adequately trained and have basic knowledge of the package end operation to support all other assigned task given by Supervisor. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource. GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V. No search firms please. apply online and furnish work history and/or resume.
Requisition ID: 5645
Shear Operator - Machine Operator - 1St Shift - 2Nd Shift
Metals USA is seeking an experienced Shear Operator/ Machine Operator for its 1st and 2nd shift located in Seekonk MA (suburban Providence RI) facility. Metals USA is a solid growth oriented carbon steel distribution center servicing the defense, commercial construction, and road construction and fabrication industries.
The Shear Operator must be capable of set up and operating of hydraulic shear machine in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Read blueprints and job orders for product specifications.
- Locate and prepare correct material for the job.
- Set up machine for required processing functions.
- Produce of finished goods to customer specifications.
- Must be able to work from material orders accurately as to the exact quantity, size and able to make precision cuts into materials.
- May mark identification on material /work pieces before processing.
- Operate material handling equipment as needed to complete functions of the shearing operation.
- Ensure equipment and working area is maintained in a clean and organized manner.
- Conduct job functions in a safe and efficient manner.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Basic mathematical skills reading skills required.
- Must have the ability to comprehend and interpret work order instructions, safety and policy manuals.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Ability to read a tape measure, micrometer, calipers and gauges
- Strong aptitude and operating knowledge of heavy industrial equipment/ machining procedures
- Prior experience with forklift, side loader and overhead crane experience a plus
- Prior experience with shear equipment set-up and operation is required.
- Must be safety-focused for yourself & fellow co-worker
Metals USA offers competitive starting salary and benefits program plus upward mobility professional growth.
EOE, Affirmative Action Employer /M/F/D/V
Machine Operator - Finish Blade Operator
Albuquerque Asphalt is accepting applications for a Finish Blade Operator
Must be capable of finishing subgrade & base course for parking lots, roadways, and highways.
Minimum 2 years experience is required.
Hourly Rate D.O.E
Machine Operator / CNC Mill And Lathe Operator
1. CNC MILL AND LATHE OPERATOR
Responsible for operating machine tools to produce precision metal parts. Produces small batches or large quantities of metal parts. Ensure products meet precise specifications.Primary responsibilities
- Operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to produce metal parts.
- Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for a job.
- Calculate where to cut or bore.
- Shape steel, aluminum, titanium, plastic, silicon and other materials.
- Determine how fast or slow workpiece is fed into machine.
- Determine how much material to remove.
- Select tools and materials for the job.
- Plan the sequence of cutting and finishing operations.
- Mark the workpiece to show where cuts should be made.
- Position workpiece on the drill press, lathe, or milling machine.
- Monitor and control feed rate and speed.
- Ensure workpiece is properly lubricated and/or cooled.
- Regulate temperature of workpiece.
- Detect problems by listening for specific sounds.
- Adjust cutting speed to compensate for harmonic vibrations.
- Monitor the accuracy of cuts.
- Replace dull cutting tools.
- Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
- Produce large quantities of parts.
- Determine how automated equipment will cut a part.
- Determine cutting path.
- Concert path, speed, and feed information into set of instructions for machine tool.
- Use manual and computer-controlled machinery.
- Write basic programs.
- Modify programs in response to problems.
Positions available to start immediately.
Apply in person:
5415 N 5th St Philadelphia PA 19120
If interested and meet qualifications CALL OUR RECRUITERS AT 215-224-9700 for more information.
Type: Full-timeJob Type:
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
2. MACHINE OPERATOR
On Site Personnel, LLC is seeking for experienced CNC machine operator to work with our gear manufacturing client located near Ivyland, PA
Pay: $12/hr. Hours Mon- Fri. 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Overtime is available
Responsible for operating CNC machine
Deburring parts with grinding wheel
Light assembly and packaging.
2 years of experience working in warehouse environment and operate machine.
Operating CNC experience is a plus
Mechanically inclined and good problem solving ability.
Good Math skills.
Attention to detail and fast learner
High school diploma
Apply in person:
5415 N 5th St Philadelphia PA 19120
If interested and meet qualifications CALL OUR RECRUITERS AT 215-224-9700 for more information.
Salary: $12.00 /hour
At Onsite Personnel, we consistently deliver quality, cost-effective staffing services with a comprehensive screening and training system to provide highly qualified workers for your business. Onsite Personnel takes pride in going the extra step to assure satisfaction of our customers. Our ever-growing client base is a testament to our dedication and hard work.
Concrete Pump Operator / Machine Operator
• Recommend measures to improve productivity/quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems
• Set up, loads and unloads machines and equipment
• Train staff in safety consciousness, and policies
• Maintains tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on trucks, platforms, or separate placing booms
• Experience as a construction worker an asset
• Good communication skills
• Great leadership ability
• Solves problems effectively
• Well organized
$16 - $20 /HR
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment. We are in need of a dedicated mechanic to keep all equipment SAFE and Fully Functional.
Fabricator / Polisher / Saw Jet Operator / CNC Operator / Machine Oper
We are looking for experienced Saw Jet Operators- CNC Operators - Fabricators/Laminators and Polishers
Experience is a plus- Must be Dependable- Team Worker- Able to Speak/Understand English- Must be able to lift 100 lbs (shop workers)
Pay Depending on Experience
We use the newest Technology and Sophisticated Tooling to help you do the job right with the highest Quality!
Daytime, Evening and Graveyard positions needed Immediately- We pay extra for you Night Owls!!!
Machine Operator / Production Operator
Now hiring 1st and 2nd shift at $11 hr to start
The Company offers a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k), 10 paid holidays, paid vacation and personal days. Manufacture of silicone-based sealants, adhesives and lubrication products, plus PVC foam materials, for a wide range of applications.. Currently, we are experiencing growth in our PVC Foam and Silicone Sealants and Adhesives divisions. Openings exist for experienced talent for 1st and 2nd shift production opportunities.
- Experienced Mixers (5+ years’ experience)
- Machine Operators
- Packaging Operators
- Quality Control Technician (5+ years ‘experience)
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength 15 lbs to 40 lbs lifting
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Machine Operator - Lectra Cutting Machine Operator
Looking for an individual who is highly motivated to work in a successful fast-moving environment. Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in a production setting as a CNC machine operator. Must posses good trouble shooting skills and be capable of training others to maintain a high standard of quality. Must be flexible to cross training in other area's. Basic Skills required are: typing, reading, math, and computer skills. Must be able to read a ruler. Must have a strong attention to detail skills. Must be safety-conscious and capable of multi-tasking.
Great Family Company to work for
US - Machine Operator - Level 2 - Lifting 30Lbs+, Machine Operation
PDS Tech, Inc is seeking a Machine Operator for an open position in Spokane, WA.
(Candidates will be assisting Machinists with the following duties):
Measuring of products using calipers and other measuring tools
Moving chip bins from area to another
Candidates must be able to stand, walk, bend and reach on a consistent basis.
Lift/carry up to 30lbs with or without assistance.
Must have a high school diploma or GED + 6+ months of manufacturing experience required All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Machine Operator - Quilting/Wind-Up/Feed Operator
- Quilting/Wind-up/Feed Operator
31-Oct-2017 to 30-Dec-2017 (EST)
Louisville, KY, USA + $11.00
Full Time Includes health, dental, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation. Email Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job 3 Day work week! Production Bonus!! Sign On Bonus up to $1,750!!! $1.00/hr Shift Differential Louisville Bedding, a manufacturer of bedding components, in the Jeffersontown area is looking for Quilting/Wind-up/Feed Operators for our evening shifts. Operators needed for either Sunday
6am Availability for occasional Saturday overtime. Essential duties and responsibilities includes the following:
Loads and secures cloth onto continuous industrial quilting machine and assists with starting the quilting process.
Feeds and secures continuous quilted cloth onto wind-up bar and starts roll up process.
Cuts quilted cloth run, using scissors, at the designated point based on yardage specs.
Removes completed rolls of quilted cloth from the wind-up unit and places on pallets.
Starts new roll of quilted cloth onto wind-up bar without stopping machine.
Secures roll ends, weighs, bags, and labels previously finished quilted rolls, scans, and stores on supply rack, using hoist.
Checks width of quilted rolls and visually inspects quilted cloth for defects during wind-up operation.
Records weights and widths of batting rolls.
Maintains expected quality goals.
Maintains expected production goals.
Observes all department and company safety rules.
Maintains a clean work area. Properly disposes of trash and scrap at the end of the shift and as needed.
Any other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions and conduct basic mathematics involving weight measurements.
While performing duties, employee will be regularly required to stand, walk, stoop and bend in order to operate equipment.
Must grip, push, pull and reach over shoulder level with both hands.
Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
May be required to wear personal protective equipment.
Must be able to pass criminal background check and screening for illegal substances.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!