Asbestos Shingle Shearing Machine Operator Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Asbestos Shingle Shearing Machine Operator
Press Brake & Shear Operators
Shear/Press Brake Operator
The Shear/Press Brake Operators’ primary duties are to craft parts and tools from metal, plastic or other materials using a Press Brake, and a CNC machine that makes precision bends, punches or cuts into the material. They make sure their machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with the required materials, well-maintained and perform periodic checks on output.
· Set up and operate a Hydraulic Press/Punch for routine established work
· Operate heavy machinery such as Forklifts
· Preventative maintenance (operator level) as needed
· Report and document basic material, production and quality control issues
· Utilize time management skills resulting in production
· Resolve basic manufacturing issues or seek guidance
Knowledge and Skill
· 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
· Must have experience in metal press forming and basic fabrication
· Experience setting up a Hydraulic Press/Punch
· Ability to read and understand blueprints
· Understands OD/ID
· Ability to work with various types of metal forming constraints with guidance
· Experience with Forklift and Overhead Crane
Steel Shear And Punch Machine Operators
- Follow all prescribed safety rules and environmental regulations maintain a clean work area and maintain quality standards of product.
- Understanding of 2-Dimensional part drawings used to communicate material and part specifications on work orders, cutting list.
- Operate a variety of industrial sized, hydraulic and electrical powered metal cutting and punching equipment to form and size heavy gauge steel.
- Perform various duties to set up and operate machines to break, punch or cut length a variety of steel pieces; from very large to very small in size.
- Set up gauges, stops, jigs, angle or miter cuts, install break dies and punch units to assure parts are fabricated to part drawing specifications.
- Perform work to minimize scrap and monitor inventory to assure efficient utilization of excess material to fabricate parts as needed.
- Receive instructions through verbal and/or written communications.
- Use various measuring instruments such as tape, square and protractor
- Use jib crane, gantry crane and vacuum/magnet lift to move steel into position as required by machine function.
- Check work for accuracy and conformance to print and mark part numbers.
- Communicate with alternate shift to develop plan for optimum material runs to best utilize equipment, time and resources minimizing scrap between the shifts.
- Accurately maintain necessary records. Must detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintain necessary production, inventory and quality records, detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to leadership.
- Perform preventive maintenance and minor repairs to equipment; assist Maintenance Crews on major repairs.
- Ability to work with fractions and decimal conversions in geometry and arithmetic expressions frequently.
- Perform other duties as required or directed.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US (Nucor will not sponsor the need for a visa now or in the future).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent.
- One (1) year work experience in an industrial manufacturing setting.
- Previous experience utilizing computers in a production environment.
- Previous experience in a similar position
Anyone interested in the above position should apply online and include a Resume no later than August 20, 2017
\"Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace.\"
Associated topics: apprentice, equipment, equipment operator, fleet, forklift operator, heavy equipment, heavy equipment operator, landfill, loader, operator Post a Job
Machine Press Operator
Full time- 1st Shift Monday – Friday 8AM – 4:30PM
To Apply, submit resume to email@example.com
A Manufacturing Company located in Broomall, PA, has an excellent opportunity for a Machine Press Operator.
This position supports the production line.
- Operates at least one major piece of equipment on any of the fabricating lines.
- Perform all the daily basic safety checks and observations, quality checks, checklists, and housekeeping
- Clear equipment jams
- Ensure compliance to quality control standards
- Utilizes computer interface panels to operate the equipment
- Maintain and support equipment
- Adheres to the requirements of the SOP’s, GMP’s and JSA’s
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and adheres to all safety procedures as documented in the Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Report safety hazards, quality and production issues to supervision immediately
- Participates in all job related safety training
- Able to communicate, write and read English
- Teamwork -Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Ability to take and follow directions
- Basic math skills
- Attention to details
- Basic computer skills
- Maintain good safety record
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) not required but preferred
Experience working in a manufacturing/industrial environment is preferred
Experience working as a machine operator
Experience working in a warehouse
Post a Job
Position: Machine Operator
Terms: Contract to Hire
Seneca Resources is currently seeking Machine Operators, responsible for set up and operation of equipment to customer-supplied specifications.
We will also consider entry level candidates with mechanical experience or mechanical vocational degree. Candidates must be able to pass 7 years criminal background check and drug test. Must have own reliable transportation.
Our client offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short & long term disability,401k, ESPP, PTO and Company paid holidays.
- Good knowledge of problem solving machinery
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet short deadlines.
- Ability to operate finishing equipment and to detect malfunctions.
- Ability to read, understand and apply written instructions and to set up machine
- High school diploma or equivalent.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
*The noise level in the work environment can be loud (hearing protection is provided and required). The employee is often required to sit; climb or balance; and walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* Employee must have the ability to remain standing for an entire shift.
* Employee must have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Seneca resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
Full-time 6 months temp to hire Post a Job
Sewing Machine Operator
SEWING MACHINE OPERATOR
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
We're looking for a crafty individual with a meticulous eye looking to turn their love for sewing into a career. In your spare time you can be found sewing Comicon costumes or frequenting local street fairs peddling & purchasing handmade merch. The ideal candidate is also reliable, pays close attention to detail, and cares about the finished product. This is a seasonal opportunity – but if you are motivated and have an amazing attitude there is opportunity for full time advancement. Join us!
For 7 of the last 8 years we've been named one of the Fastest Growing branded merch companies in Washington. We built a new, state-of-the-art textile screen printing facility in Tukwila, WA to keep ahead of our customers’ demands and we need technically skilled people who want to build with us as we grow.
- Monday – Friday required
- Full-time position
Production based tasks:
- Sewing using single needle, serger, and cover stitch machines:
- Sewing custom pockets onto shirts
- Attaching labels, woven tags, elbow patches, reflective taping
- Sewing inside hood liners
- Constructing totes
- Constructing garments
- Ensure fold/stitches/quality is consistent and at a high standard
- Track and prepare supplies for upcoming orders
- Time and track all tasks by completing report sheets
- Read and understand work orders
- Identify incoming boxes for order to be decorated
- Receive, open, count, sort, stack, check-in all incoming garments
- Package finished garments in preparation for shipping
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Additionally, while performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to warm or cold weather. The noise level in the work environment is often loud.
- Single needle sewing machine experience required
- Industrial sewing machine experience a plus
- Experience with cover stitch machine and serger a plus
- Lift and/or move up to 20lbs at times
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly but efficiently- example using multiple machines for production at once
- Regularly stand for long periods of time while reaching with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities include sharp vision, focus, depth perception and ability to identify colors
- Ability to read, write and comprehend complex written or oral instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English
2Nd Shift Machine Operator
Do you have at least 6 months of machine operating experience? Are you looking to expand your knowledge and become an expert in one-of-a-kind machinery? Do you want to earn more money quickly for expanding your knowledge?
Salm Partners, located in Denmark, WI is growing!! We are currently looking for qualified, motivated individual to operate one of our three different types of machines on 2nd shift. 2nd Shift hours are 2:15pm-10:15pm Monday-Saturday if operating 6 days a week.
Performs all Rapid Pak packaging line equipment set-up and monitoring to ensure optimal machine performance to meet production needs, conducts in-process product quality checks and equipment maintenance, and completes sanitation activities. Maintains compliance with all safety, food safety, quality, SQF, GMP and USDA requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Verify the product specifications using the Operational Parameters and standard work check sheets.
- Ensure all material from previous production run is removed from the area prior to setting up the equipment with labels and film for the next run.
- Set up the Rapid Pak packaging machine line per the product specifications in the Operational Parameters.
- Adjust the pocket size, temperature and vacuum settings, trim knives, code date, label placement, film and film registration.
- Verify the code dates are correct and in the proper format prior to production run.
- Secure start-up verification of setup and code date by the Facilitator or QA representative as required.
- Complete Perfect Package checks to ensure good quality packages.
- Monitor quality concerns during production, making adjustments to the equipment and components as needed to ensure high quality packages throughout the production run.
- Conduct time, temperature and weight checks per the established standard procedure.
- Take hourly HACCP temperatures and ensure they are within specifications; enter the data into the HACCP Log.
- Periodically check for leakers and low vacuum packages, and make adjustments and corrections to the process to address deviations in a timely manner.
- Work with Case Pack to confirm any unacceptable packages they are receiving and make equipment adjustments as needed to correct the issue.
- Communicate with all departments concerning production quality issues as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with the Rapid Pak Line Workers.
- Monitor rework product to ensure they do not remain on the production floor beyond the permissible time limit.
- Assist Production Stagers with resolving MAS 500 system inventory discrepancies with packaging materials utilized in the production process and returned to inventory at the end of the production run.
- Tear down the packaging machinery and components for sanitation at changeover, mid-week sanitation and end of week.
- Perform sanitation duties that include the following: sweep, mop and squeegee floors; wipe down equipment, foam clean and rinse belts and conveyors; wash parts and walls; empty and clean bins and barrels; remove and dispose of all waste; mop and clean the stuffing room, coolers and/or the tower.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as required.
- Exercise safety precautions when using chemicals; use the appropriate cleaning chemicals designated for the task.
- Follow Lockout/Tagout procedures without fail.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations per established company policies.
- Provide backup assistance in all areas of the packaging line as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and with changing environmental conditions, including heat, cold and wet. Must have strong mechanical aptitude.
Education and/or Experience
A minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalency and minimum of 6 months experience as a Backup Rapid Pak Operator is normally required. Certification in Industrial Maintenance, Mechanical Technology or related field is preferred. Previous experience operating packaging equipment is also strongly preferred.
Must possess effective verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to read and understand written and spoken English language.
Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form. Must have strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills, and the ability to apply root cause problem solving methodology to problem resolution.
While performing the duties of this job, the partner is required to stand for long periods and frequently walk; and talk or hear. The partner is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach and lift with hands and arms. The partner must regularly lift up to 40#, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50#. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a partner encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. There is a wide variation of temperatures, ranging from 35° F to 100° F in the various work areas. The work environment is wet and slippery most times. Rapid Pak Operators are required to wear composite-toed slip-resistant footwear. The noise level in the production work environment is usually loud. Partners are required to wear frocks, hairnets and hearing protection at all times on the production floor. Gloves, goggles, face shield, rain suits, and rubber boots will be required at different times in the course of the work being performed.
Foam Machine Operators
We offer great benefits including:
Quarterly bonuses based on profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan
- Outstanding health and dental insurance
- On-site wellness facility (basketball court, spin bikes, treadmills, weights and more!)
- Closed Sundays
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today!
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving. And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
Industrial Hygienist Asbestos Lead Mold Ahera Certified
Our Client is currently seeking a Building Sciences Sr. Project Manager/Industrial Hygienist to join our Seattle, WA Office and Portland Oregon Office. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills, a solid technical background and an excellent reputation of maintaining client relationships. The position will be responsible for management of asbestos/lead projects, microbial/mold assessment, indoor air quality assessment, and industrial hygiene projects; supervision and mentoring of field staff; preparation and review of technical proposals, cost estimates and reports; and business development.
The primary responsibilities for the successful candidate will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage industrial hygiene project’s scope, schedule, budget, staff, and subcontractors for existing public and private sector clients,
- Provide quality assurance/quality control during the preparation of technical proposals and reports,
- Supervise field work and mentor junior staff,
- Client relationship management,
- Prospect for new clients, cross-sell and assist with expanding the client base,
- Act as liaison and advocate for clients with environmental regulatory agencies, and
- Implement their health and safety policies and procedures.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- B.S degree in industrial hygiene, occupational health and safety, public health or related field.
- AHERA Inspector and AHERA Design certification a MUST
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office®.
- Excellent leadership and client management skills.
- Effective technical writing, strong oral communication, presentation and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet organization and project objectives.
- Technically adept, flexible, and forward thinking.
- Exhibits ability to successfully track and meet budgets and schedules.
- Exhibits attention to detail, and able to work under periodic time constraints.
- Demonstrated knowledge and background in the implementation of OSHA, ACGIH, ANSI and other technical safety and health standards.
- Ability to assemble and interpret data collected during the assessment of physical, chemical, biological or ergonomic stressors.
- Willingness to travel regionally for short periods of time.
- M.S. degree, a plus.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), a plus
- Certified Industrial Hygiene (CIH), a plus.
Qualified candidates will have at least 10+ years of industrial hygiene experience with 3+ years of direct responsibility managing projects, supervising field staff, providing QA/QC of deliverables, and assisting with business development. The candidates should also have specific experience in a similar role within an environmental, health and safety consulting firm identifying and implementing innovative, cost effective solutions that meet or exceed clients’ expectations. Post a Job
High Speed Machine Operators
The Operator makes certain the W&D Inserter is set-up and running at optimal efficiency and productivity per the job specifications, including; ensuring operational, safety and housekeeping procedures and practices are in place and followed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Sets up machine per individual job instructions;
- Runs machine at optimal speed, established by job instructions and meets production standards;
- Performs adjustments on machine to ensure optimal productivity;
- Loads components onto machine per job instructions;
- Performs regular quality checks on all components and finished packages to ensure quality standards are met;
- Recalibrates and cleans the equipment as required;
- Communicates job status and production concerns/issues during shift transition to ensure optimal productivity for following shift;
- Ensures end product meets quality standards identified in job instructions;
- Notifies Lead Operator of component quality issues;
- Works with Lead Operator and Assistant Operator to resolve quality concerns;
- Performs regular quality checks during production of a job;
- Communicates maintenance concerns/issues to supervisors and maintenance staff;
- Ensures safety practices are followed;
- Performs stretching exercises, prior to beginning of shift;
- Wears appropriate personal protective gear, if necessary;
- Uses company provided tools and resources to ensure optimal ergonomics;
- Ensures stock staging area is kept organized;
- Ensures equipment area is kept clean and components are in staging area;
- Ensures component boxes and mail trays are out of workflow area:
- Sweeps floor, as necessary;
- Cleans equipment as required;
- Completes appropriate production and time reports, as assigned;
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
High school diploma or equivalent is required, minimum of six months experience as a W&D Inserter Operator Assistant or 2 years experience running production equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job;
- bending, stooping, repetitive motion, standing for long periods of time, moving up to 15 pounds regularly and lifting up to 45 pounds intermittently;
- Ability to read and interpret job instructions;
- Ability to work with computerized systems;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime and weekends;
- Ability to monitor production equipment for speed and quality;
- Ability to recognize sequential order;
- Knowledge of mechanical operations of equipment;
- Knowledge of production processes;
- Knowledge of computers;
- Basic knowledge of postal guidelines for sorted mail;
- Skill in operating equipment;
- Mechanical aptitude;
Job Description: s:Are you looking to work for a company that values its employees, offers excellent benefits, and competitive compensation? At HCP, we work as a team, and we are looking to add a few new team members to our machine operation staff.
If you can work in a fast-paced environment, consider yourself a fast learner, and work well with others, please let us know! We are looking for your!Required Experience:Knowledge of quality and safety standards and standard operating procedure and JSA for that cell/job.Must demonstrate the ability to perform all basic operations performed that is assigned.Ability to read a tape measure and have basic math skills.Must be able to perform basic set up of machinery in the area assigned.Must have the ability to produce all products of the department from start to finish and at least meet the minimum requirements of production daily and weekly on a consistent basis. Certain specialty equipment and machinery may be excluded.Keyword: machine operator
From: Famous Enterprises (Famous Supply/JFGood/PPHI)
Post a Job