Asphalt Paving Machine Operator Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Asphalt Paving Machine Operator
Asphalt Paving Machine Operator
Adams Construction Company is one of the oldest asphalt paving firms in Virginia. Since 1946, Adams has participated in the construction of every interstate throughout Virginia and most of the primary highways. Throughout the Company’s growth in Virginia and into North Carolina, it has strived to maintain a family culture in a corporate world. GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Asphalt Paving Machine Operator’s primary function is to operate the asphalt paving machine to achieve overall ride quality and appearance. The operator must perform daily maintenance checks and report any mechanical or safety issues to a supervisor. In addition, the operator may be required to perform minor repairs to the equipment and is expected to assist in the general operation of each job site. DUTIES \ RESPONSIBILITES: + Operate paving equipment and control material taken into the paver.
Installing/removing auto paving electronic; + Adding/removing screed extensions; + Cleaning excess asphalt off of paver; + Set up and maintenance of erosion control; + Loading and unloading of materials; + Shoveling dirt, gravel, and asphalt; + General clean up around job site; + Checking and maintaining grade stakes; + Operating rollers, power broom, tamps, and skid steer loaders, and any other equipment employee is able to operate; + Driving pick-ups, flatbed, water trucks, and sand trucks; + Maintenance of all equipment and tools. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: + Require periods of standing, walking, stooping and bending.
Must be able to climb equipment’s ladder to reach the operators seat.
Occasionally required to crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders.
Must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50 lbs.
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. QUALIFICATIONS: + High School diploma/GED.
Minimum 3 years experience operating paving machine + Thorough understanding of all aspects of the paving industry including preparatory work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, aggregate size, job specifications, oil consistencies, compaction and other details related to asphalt paving. BENEFITS: + Health + Dental + 401K
Paid Sick This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisors.
Area Manager For Asphalt Paving
We are seeking a motivated team player to lead our expansion into this new service offering, and to also become part of our management team searching for and developing other exciting future opportunities.
- Project management and estimating experience on DOT and municipal grading and aspahlt paving projects.
- Strong leadership skills and a record of accomplishment of mentoring in the heavy civil construction industry.
- Excellent computer skills in regards to estimating, costing, and budgeting.
- Other heavy construction helpful; i.e. underground utilities, bridge, railroad, large site development
General Laborer - Asphalt Paving
General Info Job Type: Full-Time Seasonal Minimum Years of Experience Required:
Entry Level Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED Salary Range: 12.00 + / Hourly Overtime often required Willing to Travel Extensively Speciality: Commercial Must be Authorized to Work in the US Company Info Chester Bross Construction Company has over forty years of general paving and construction experience ranging from interstate highways to municipal streets, parking lots to driveways throughout the Midwest.
In addition to our experience we have the capabilities to handle any construction project from start to finish including excavation, asphalt paving, concrete paving, curb and gutters, cold-milling, diamond grinding, profiling, culverts, bridges, structures, surveying, playground rehabilitation, and much more. Job Description Now taking applications for Entry Level and Experienced Laborers for Heavy Highway Construction work beginning Summer 2016. Must be willing to work long hours& weekends and travel extensively.
Chester Bross bids work in multiple states including Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Nebraska, Virginia, West Virginia, etc. Must have a valid driver's license. For Missouri licensed individuals the DL should be a Class E.
ClassA or ClassB CLD's are a plus. CHESTER BROSS CONSTRUCTION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE Benefits Medical Insurance Dental Insurance Vision Insurance Life Insurance Retirement Beneift Disability Insurance
Use this job description
Asphalt Paving Construction Foreman
We are currently looking to hire an experienced Asphalt Paving Foreman to work primarily in the Aurora, Indiana market. Your team would be primarily completing asphalt paving projects. Ideal candidate will have hands on experience with INDOT (Indiana Department of Transportation) projects and reading plans.
The Jurgensen Companies is a growing diverse organization which is the preferred supplier of asphalt pavement, aggregate products and construction services to public agencies and private companies throughout Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. We are comprised of intelligent, skilled and experienced people that utilize the most innovative technology available to get the job done.
Asphalt Paving Foreman
- Ability to accurately perform asphalt work or pipe work in accordance with INDOT (Indiana Department of Transportation, local and commercial specifications).
- Supervise, organize, and lead crew.
- Complete projects on time and on budget.
- Read and follow plans, guidelines, and company procedures.
- Perform project layout.
- Maintain all project documentation and logs for job cost tracking.
- Provide leadership and training to employees by sharing past experience / knowledge.
- Enforce all company safety / incident policies and procedures.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Knowledge of asphalt materials, patching, paving, and construction equipment.
- One (1) to three (3) years related field experience.
- Experience with HCSS and JD Edwards One World software systems preferred.
- Minimum of high school diploma / GED- College credit hours or degree is a plus.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications.
- Ability to calculate material volume and basic areas of measurement.
- Excellent verbal, written, telephone, and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software systems quickly.
- Able to work under pressure, multitask, prioritize tasks and forecast schedules.
- Flexible schedule and ability to work overtime and weekends.
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
Use this job description
3D Machine Control Technician - PCC Paving Division
Company Info The success Manatts, Inc., enjoys today in the construction industry started more than 60 years ago. Back then, it was one man, one truck, and now our team of employees numbers more than 700 strong.
We have dozens of ready-mix and asphalt production facilities around the state of Iowa. Our massive fleet of dump and ready-mix trucks serves thousands of job sites every year. In addition, our concrete and asphalt paving divisions, along with our various other crews, complete hundreds of projects every season.
Job Description Our PCC Paving Division has an opening for the 2017 construction season for a 3D Machine Control Technician. Before stringless paving was invented, pavers and trimmers were guided by setting a stringline up for line and grade. Today, we use GPS or Robotic Total Stations to guide our trimmers, pavers, belt placers, dozers, motor graders, and milling machines.
A 3D Machine Control Technician is in charge of the technology that guides our construction equipment. Most of the Technician’s time will be spent working with the paving crew using robotic total stations, radios, computers, and a rover to help guide the equipment. This involves loading the computers with the files (3D models, by others), managing files, re-secting the total stations, and operating the stringless computer.
Responsibilities will also include taking care of the survey equipment, shooting topos, setting stakes, checking control, and possibly working on some equipment. The Technician will be involved with performing GPS Site Localizations/Calibrations on projects to guide our dozers and motor graders. This is a full-time seasonal position that requires travel during the construction season. Qualifications + Current driver's license and acceptable driving record + Computer and general math skills necessary + Ability to work long hours + Concrete paving or surveying experience preferred + CAD knowledge and GPS/Total station skills (ideally Leica equipment) helpful + Civil Tech or Land Surveying Tech degree or similar a plus Benefits + Health Insurance + Dental Insurance + Vision Insurance + Life and AD&D Insurance + 401K Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability Insurance + Flex Plan
Paid Holidays + Wellness Program + Company Vehicle For a complete benefits listing or to learn more about Manatts, Inc., visit www.manatts.com.
Lowboy Driver, Dump Truck Driver And Asphalt Paving Workers
DUMP TRUCK DRIVER & ASPHALT PAVING WORKERS NEEDED IMMEDIATELY Dump Truck driver class B Must have 2 yrs exp. in tri-axle dump truck. Asphalt workers must have a min of 2 years exp.
Clean MVR. Must pass a drug screen. Benefits included insurance and 401K Apply in person between 8:00 - 4:
Adamsville Industrial Pkwy B'ham, AL 35224. Or call Category: Transportation , Keywords: Dump Truck Operator
Use this job description
Construction Asphalt Paving Foreman
The Asphalt Paving Foreman will provide overall on-site leadership and oversee paving operations, maintenance, safety and quality assurance. The Asphalt Paving Foreman will work with the entire asphalt paving crew, ensuring a safe work site and communicate all job related information the project teams.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of paving crew including, but not limited to:
- Safety monitoring and training of employees
- Layout, placement, and compaction of materials
- Monitoring quality control
- Observes job sites to ascertain progress of job, and identify if workers and/or equipment are being appropriately utilized.
- Coordinate material deliveries with suppliers and hauling vendors.
- Verify measurements, slope and thickness for compliance with contracts, utilizing electronic grade and slope controls.
- Communicate with persons outside of the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public and other external sources in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Read and relay job related information from work orders, plans, or contracts to asphalt crew.
- Operate the paving equipment facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
- Correctly calculate and order job materials when necessary
- Preparation of daily time cards and field diaries utilizing an iPad tablet.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in construction of asphalt pavements.
- Technical skills in asphalt paving and compaction operations.
- Must be able to read blue prints, specifications and plans and calculate job site materials and trucking to maintain budget and job efficiency.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work as a team to efficiently complete jobs to the highest customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
- Effective Leadership skills.
- Valid driver?s license issued within the United States clear of multiple and/or major violations.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and motor vehicle records check; a criminal background check will also be conducted.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Asphalt Paving Worker
Send or Fax Resume To:
Sharp Paving Inc.
P.O. Box 156
Shelocta Pa 15774 Category: Construction & Trades , Keywords: Asphalt Paving Worker
Use this job description
Asphalt Paving Operator
A superior site development company located in Old Bridge is seeking experienced, highly motivated individuals to fill their current open multiple positions. Open positions include Asphalt Paving/Milling Machine Operators, Paving/Concrete Laborers, and Site Workers Estimators.
Job responsibilities include the ability to operate an asphalt paver and/or milling machine on job sites scattered throughout New Jersey. Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience. Great opportunity to advance your career!
Esposito Construction is a union company that has excellent benefits available: Health InsurancePaid-Time Off Including Sick and Vacation DaysRetirement Benefits Year-End Bonuses Interested in applying, please email your resume to email@example.com Since 1999, Esposito Construction has been proudly serving New Jersey with one goal; Provide an outstanding finished product to our customers, in a professional manor, and at a competitive price. Your project is just as important as every other project we undertake, and we promise to treat it with the unwavering care and attention that you deserve.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website. http://www.espositoconstruction.net/ NJ.com . Keywords: Asphalt Paving Worker, Location: Old Bridge, NJ - 08857
Use this job description
Experienced Asphalt & Grade Personnel • Dozer Operator • Backhoe Operator • Equipment Mechanics
Nagle Paving Company, a SE Michigan asphalt paving contractor, is looking to fill the following positions:
• Experienced Asphalt & Grade Personnel (raker, screw man, laborer)
• Dozer Operator
• Backhoe Operator
• Equipment Mechanics
Experienced candidates only!
Fax resume to 248-553-0669
Email: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Use this job description