Assayer Job Description Sample
Senior Scientist, Assay Development
Senior Quality Control (Qc) Analyst
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
We are recruiting a Senior Quality Control (QC) Analyst to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics and participate in the development of a diverse therapeutic pipeline driven by a transformative core technology. The successful candidate will work across multiple projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
This position is part of the Quality group at Encoded Therapeutics responsible for establishing and conducting cell-based, nucleic acid-based, protein-based, and chemistry-based assays for adeno associated viruses (AAV). The individual will execute, develop, optimize, troubleshoot, transfer, and qualify molecular, biochemical, and chemical assays. Responsibilities include:
- Develop, perform, troubleshoot, and optimize AAV characterization assays including but not limited to qPCR, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISAs, infectious titer assay (TCID50), and reporter gene-based cell assays using insect or mammalian cell lines.
- Establishes and qualifies assay controls, standards, and references.
- Responsible for maintenance of cell lines used for cell-based assays.
- Maintain complete, contemporaneous, and accurate records of all work performed.
- Authors and/or reviews IQ, OQ, PQ protocols and reports.
- Ensure maintenance and calibration of equipment including controlled temperature environments, analytical equipment, pipettes, etc.
- Ensure laboratory supplies and required inventory are maintained
- Participate in assay transfer activities to external CROs and/or GMP CMOs
- Manages contract testing lab relationships: set up assay capabilities, coordinate sample shipments, obtain results, and follow up on open action items.
- Document, technically evaluate, interpret data, and trend results. Review data for quality, consistency, and accuracy.
- Write technical protocols and reports.
- Performs method transfers, method qualifications, stability testing, etc. per approved protocols.
- Author and revise standard operating procedures.
- Conducts laboratory investigations as required.
- Identifies gaps, recommends process improvements, and implements changes.
- Participates in continuous improvement projects and activities.
- Mentors new hires.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or other relevant disciplines in life sciences
- 5+ years’ hands on experience in an assay development or QC laboratory environment
- Strong knowledge of QC testing principles and procedures in cell culture (aseptic technique), cell-based assays, qPCR, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot.
- Knowledge of equipment protocols and requirements
- Good laboratory documentation skills and protocol writing and revision experience
- Experience with cGMP environments and audits are a plus
- Understanding of applicable regulatory requirements (21 CFR, USP, EP, ICH) is a desired.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; written and oral.
- Outstanding planning, organization, and multitasking skills
- Must be a team player and exhibit a willingness to meet project timelines
- Should possess experience or knowledge of a wide range of analytical instrumentation with the ability to troubleshoot and monitor system suitability trends
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
Encoded Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Encoded encourages applicants of all ages. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.
Genentech 1Yr Research Associate/Senior Research Associate Contractor
We are seeking a highly motivated contractor for Research Associate/Senior Research Associate position at Genentech Department of biochemical and cellular pharmacology. This is a contractor position for at least 1 year can potentially be up to 3 years. The contractor will lead cellular functional assays and/or biochemical studies within a couple drug development projects focused on neurodegeneration diseases, specifically in Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's diseases, Frontotemporal degeneration, and mechanisms of crossing the blood-brain barrier. The successful candidate will be responsible for conceiving and executing cellular, biochemical, and molecular biology techniques to generate various cell based or biochemical assay addressing the project needs to screen or characterize properties of therapeutic molecules for drug selection and/or further development. Successful candidate will also learn to regularly maintain the iPSC human neuron platform which supplies the human neurons for the lab to conduct cell based for various drug discovery and development project.
The position will involve close collaboration with study coordination with other research labs including, Neuroscience, Translational Neuroscience, Protein Chemistry, Safety/Toxicology, Biomedical Imaging, and other core drug development groups. This position will offer opportunity to learn and work on how to support early stage research and development projects by participating regular project team meetings. The contractor will attend bi-weekly project team meeting to present experimental results & conclusions and discuss next step with team. There is also opportunity to manage outside contract work at CRO (contract research organization) related to pipeline projects. We are currently also working to publish a few papers, so the contractor could have an opportunity to be a contributing author on the paper depending on performance and the bandwidth of the candidate.
This is an ideal position for a Scientific research/Senior Scientific researcher who is enthusiastic about leading projects, gaining drug development experience, and delving into the basic biology of neurodegeneration. As such the position requires excellent communication skills, the desire to learn about and integrate multiple aspects of drug development and a passion for generating therapeutics for patients. Ability to work in a fast-paced and agility to adapt changing direction in a drug development environment is essential for success.
All experience level (BS to Ph.D) are encouraged apply. Based on experience and skill level, appropriate expectations and compensation will be offered. Depending on experience and growing performance, there is opportunity for increasing leadership role. Depending on the skill level, some on the job training will be offered.
- BS/MS/PhD degree in a relevant field (Neuroscience, biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology).
- Hands on routine experience in mammalian cell culture
- Western blot
- Experience in assay design and trouble shooting
- Experience with human iPSC generation, maintenance, and neuronal differentiation is a plus
- Experience with microscopy and/or high content image analysis is a plus
- Experience generating ell-based assay using neurons is a plus
- Familiarity with automated or semi-automated liquid handling instrumentation is a plus, on the job training will be provided.
- Strong interest in learning about drug development,
- Ability to pay attention to details, and follow previously established assay protocols.
- Self-starter, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal communication, writing, and listening skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Excellent skills in organization and flexibility
- Must be a highly motivated team player and work well with others
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong collaborative skills and enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary project team environment.
- Creative and inquisitive thinker who is eager to explore and learn new skill
Manufacturing Tech II, Coated Plates
Senior Manager- Waltham/Ma
Sr Scientist - Bioassay Development
Senior Associate Scientist, Analytical Development
Research Scientist Iii, Protein Chemistry
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!