Assembler Job Description Sample
Pressure Assembler / Mechanical Assembler W / Soldering
Immediate need for a Pressure Assembler 1st shift! Monday- Thursday 6am to 3:30pm- Friday 6am to 10am
The position of Assembler builds, mounts, calibrates, closes and prepares parts for shipping in the Pressure Department
Essential Functions Statements
- Pre-calibration, read special calibrating sheets
- Build and calibrate all units
- Read blue prints and ISO procedures
- Work from a bill of material
- Knowledge of all model options
- Knowledge or torque wrench charts
- Work with application Engineer on special calibrations
- Communication with Sub-Weld, Sub-Assembly and Quality Control
Spot Welding (small)
Benefits of working with CHASE: Health Care Coverage- Associates of CHASE Professionals are immediately eligible to participate in our exceptional health care coverage! If you elect to enroll in this plan, coverage begins the Monday following your first payroll deduction.
Direct Deposit- You can have your paychecks directly deposited directly into the financial institution of your choice. This method is convenient and provides increased security.
Payrolled Employees- Associates referred to us by our client companies to be processed on CHASE Professionals payroll.
WebCenter- Our WebCenter can provide easy online access to your paycheck history and W-2 information.
JOB OBJECTIVE: Assembles machines, equipment, and their subassemblies following blueprints along with other written and verbal specifications. The individual should be familiar with and capable of using various types of hand and power tools. Speaks with customers on the phone for a variety of electronic, mechanical, and hydraulic systems, subassemblies, and parts to determine service requests by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Other duties may be assigned.
Talks with customers by phone or in person for service support.
Handles service failure phone calls or in person.
Site visits to investigate issues incurred in the field.
Confers with engineers, quality technicians, production personnel, and others regarding testing procedures and results and to resolve problems.
Interviews customers and records interview information into computer for customer service.
Reads and interprets blueprints and assembly drawings to determine specific assembly requirements.
Read and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics for various product lines.
Plans assembly procedures, following specifications.
Able to train / instruct fellow assemblers on assembly procedures.
Removes small quantities of metal to clean parts or to produce close fit between parts.
Drills, taps, or reams holes.
Aligns components, and bolts, screws, or rivets them together.
Installs moving parts, such as shafts, levers, or bearings, and works them to test proper movement.
Bends and installs conduit for electrical systems.
Aligns and meshes gears in gearbox to assemble system of gears.
Tests or assists in testing operation of completed product.
Production Assembler & Line Lead
Using a variety of hand & power tools, fixtures, work instructions, and test equipment, perform a series of operations to correctly assemble/test LED products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures.
- Comply with policies, guidelines and requirements per the RemPhos employee manual.
- Report problems with quality, processes, equipment, and materials to Production Supervisor.
- Provide hands on job function training to coworkers as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and comprehend procedures and diagrams written in English.
- Familiarity with hand tools (screwdriver, pliers, manual rivet gun.)
- Ability to communicate within a team.
- Familiarity with power tools (drill, heat gun, pneumatic rivet gun)
- Soldering experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to use hands for assembly processes.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach within hands and arms length, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision and color vision.
Assembler And Production Workers - Manitowoc, WI
We are looking for a number of motivated individuals for immediate openings in a manufacturing setting. The ASSEMBLER and Production Worker will assist the machine operators in the production of a quality product at specified quantities in a safe and cost-effective manner.The primary duties will include:
All Shifts are available; Shift differentials for 2nd & 3rd shift
For immediate consideration: forward your resume to: email@example.com
Apply in person and have an on-the-spot interview at: US Tech Force, 1040 Spencer St, Suite 101, Appleton, WI 54914
Visit our website for an up-to-date list of job openings or to apply: www.ustechforce.com
Call at: 920-832-1200
We specialize in helping people find long term employment with GREAT companies.... Service All Industries and All Positions within Green Bay, WI, Brown County, Fox Cities, Oshkosh, and all surrounding counties within NE WI!
Assembler 3Rd Shift (1336A)
- Review process sheet and fit, align and assemble manufactured or purchased parts, motors, and sub-assemblies into completed units, make necessary electrical connections. Visually inspect for fit and surface complications. If unit does not conform to specifications, repair or return for rework. May require partial disassembly.
- Test unit for proper operation and insert in packing containers or cartons. Mark container with type, style, color, and model number.
- Work from blueprints, drawings, process sheets, and instructions to assemble a variety of standard products. Methods generally prescribed or established.
- Use required hand and air powered tools, measuring instruments and gauges. Final assemblies are subject to further inspection and check. Instructions given on a new or non-standard unit.
- Participation in Lean manufacturing principles, “5S” and continuous improvement.
- Requires ability to work from drawings, blueprints, or process sheets and ability to learn how to operate and make routine adjustments to various machines (i.e. automatic tapers and bagging machine, etc.).
- High School Diploma or equivalent (completed).
- Must be able to safely lift up to 35 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
Dependable, experience and professional Electro-Mechanical Assembler needed for possible long term full time position.
Will perform a variety of electro-mechanical assembly tasks for circuit boards, cables, sub-assemblies and wiring.
Review blueprints and job specifications to determine assembly procedures
Obtain parts, sub-assemblies and mechanical components from stockroom
Position and fasten parts of wires using hand tools and solder connections following procedures.
Use of hand tools including pliers, wire cutters, screwdrivers, wrenches, soldering iron, crimps, electric drill, etc.
• High School education or equivalent (GED)
• Two years of industrial experience related to assembly of electronics
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics and wire lists
• Ability to use hand tools and handle medium and large components
• Good hand-eye coordination
• Strong work ethic and detail accuracy
• Good communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team
• Adhere to all safety procedure
Under the direction of the Managers/Supervisors, Dolly and Pedestal Assembly this position will be primarily engaged to assemble, test, troubleshoot and maintain Dolly and Pedestal products to the highest degree of required deficiency.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· High school diploma or GED
· Ability to efficiently use a micrometer, caliper, mallet/hammer and other measuring devices
· Ability to communicate effectively.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires intermittent typing, writing, sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The employee must intermittently lift and/or move items over 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Our client Space Systems Loral is looking for a Mechanical Assembler for a 12 + month contract in Palo Alto, CA. The ideal candidate will have an A&P certificate or an associates degree, and experience using hand and power tools.
Job Description for the Mechanical Assembler:
- Assembly of aerospace composite hardware using various epoxies and assembly fixtures.
- Hand lay-up and vacuum bagging of composite hardware using composite prepreg materials and tooling.
- Follow written work instructions including blueprint drawings, parts list, manufacturing process instructions, and work order instructions.
- Perform precision measurements using calipers, micrometer, starrett scales, and dial indicators.
- Follow processing and handling guidelines for flight hardware.
- Maintain a clean organized work area by following general manufacturing area cleanliness and safety requirements.
- Follow guidelines for handling and processing of hazardous materials including solvents and uncured prepreg materials.
- Complete assigned tasks within in the manufacturing time limits and quality requirements. Be self-motivated while working independently and have the ability to work in a cross functional team environment.
- Basic computer skills Demonstrated written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated hand skills using hand, power and measurement tools
- Must have solid hand-eye cooordination
- Ability to lift tool weight of up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work overtime when requested
- 2 years of college education or equivalent mechanical experience desired
- Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics Certificate helpful- New Graduates with A&P certification highly desired
- Military veterans welcome to apply
- Must be local to the California Bay Area
- Must be willing to work day shift (5:30 AM-2 PM)
SSL works closely with satellite operators to provide spacecraft for a broad range of services including television and radio distribution, digital audio radio, broadband Internet, and mobile communications. Approximately 25 percent of the total U.S. Government leased commercial transponders are carried on SSL-built satellites. The company's SSL 1300 spacecraft has been proven over decades of on-orbit operation and provides a highly flexible, modular platform for incremental technology advances, with the industry's highest power capability.
SSL has unprecedented experience with Ka-band and satellites for broadband communications and is the leader in putting broadband capacity in space. The company has been building Ka-band payloads for four decades and has experience building next generation satellites that provide more than 100 gigabit per second capacity.
Beginning with the world’s first communications satellite, Courier 1B, launched in 1960, SSL has manufactured more than 250 satellites, delivering in excess of 2,000 years of on-orbit service. Much of that total has been achieved by the three-axis-stabilized 1300 series, and more than one-third of those years were achieved by spacecraft that provided service beyond their contractual lives.
In addition to complete satellites, SSL was the exclusive provider of batteries to the International Space Station for more than 10 years and has provided the U.S. Government with a variety of instruments including antennas on the Voyager spacecraft and a ranging system on the GRACE satellites. SSLÃs commercial platform has also been leveraged for numerous unique applications, such as GOES Weather satellites, Air Traffic Control in Japan, and a propulsion system for NASA's Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer (LADEE).
The company's reputation as a world leader is the result of its unparalleled commitment to mission assurance and its ability to provide advanced solutions that meet mission objectives based on space-proven heritage designs. Billions of people around the world depend on SSL-built satellites every day.
Immediate opening for experienced Mechanical Assemblers in Kearny Mesa!
Long term, temp to hire job opportunities!
Pay rate: $16.00/hour
1st shift work hours.
Will performs routine assembly operations by putting together machined part with nut plates and rivets to create a sub-assembly for aerospace engines.
Will use hand and power tools.
Ensure assembly holes are clean and clear of paint and debris.
Will perform assembly such as fastening parts by hand or using hand tools or portable powered tools.
A minimum of one year of RECENT assembly experience in the manufacturing industry.
Experience using rivet guns, hand tools, power tools (such as drills).
Ability to read/interpret blueprints, assembly drawings.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ResourceMFG is looking for skilled assemblers to join our team!
1st shift: $16-20 DOE
- Must have electrical and mechanical assembly experience
- Willing to work in a team environment is a must
- Heavy lifting will b e required some throughout the day
If interested, please apply today!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!