Eaton's Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Assembler to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility. Note: This is at the W Alexander Ave.
The Assembler prepares, assembles, and inspects hydraulic components and products in accordance with product and process specifications. Responsible for correctly assembling associated components and forming a complete assembly in accordance with specifications. Sets up and monitors assembly process and actively participates in continuous improvement in support of process and product quality. Responsible for completing all required certifications to perform required duties.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
* Prepare work by studying product and process instructions including assembly drawings and parts lists, and by gathering necessary parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
* Position, align, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly by using templates or reading measurements.
* Set up and operate appropriate equipment, tools, and fixtures to correctly assemble associated components and form a complete assembly in accordance with specifications.
* Assemble components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts and subassemblies.
* Inspect products for defective parts and errors that may occur during the assembly process, and assist with correcting quality issues.
* Work with area supervisor, area team leader, area engineer, and quality to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities in product quality and productivity by using Eaton ELSS tools and lean practices and by actively participating in departmental Home Teams and continuous improvement events.
* Record and document all assembly related inspection and test results, materials / parts, tools, fixtures, and daily production in accordance with defined product and process specifications and assembly procedures.
* Communicate effectively with peers, area supervisor, and area engineer to ensure product quality and assembly processes are complete.
* Ensure that all assembly activities adhere to environmental, health/safety rules and regulations and work instructions, and monitor data recording processes to comply with tracking requirements.
* Maintain safe, clean working environment in compliance with all Eaton safety standards, Life Saving Rules, and daily 5S requirements to help build a Zero Incident Culture (i.e., proper use of protective personal equipment (PPE), machine safety guards, ergonomic movement, lock out/tag out, MSDS procedures, and OHSA regulations to reduce the risk of injuries and continuously improve safety performance).
Unit Line Builder (Vane Unit Assembly):
* Demonstrate ability to safely and effectively use all area tools.
* Demonstrate ability to follow process flow established for area.
* Demonstrate ability to readily identify characteristics of kits (rotation; front or rear kit); shafts (keyed; splined); housings; bodies; covers; adaptors.
* Demonstrate proficiency in VHO/VQ, VMQ/VPF, and motor product.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
* High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
* Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
* No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood , SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
* Assembly / manufacturing technologies and processes experience
* Knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts and tools
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work with hand/industrial tools, semi-automated tools/ fixtures, and precision measurement gauges.
* Ability to work with mechanical inspection equipment.
* Demonstrate basic computer skills to operate specific programs and access appropriate documentation.
* Demonstrate strong documentation / record keeping skills.
* Ability to read, understand, and effectively apply information contained in all applicable documents (i.e., product drawings and work instructions).
* Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills inter and intra work group and ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 40 pounds.
* Ability to perform frequent repetitive movement of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
* Ability and willingness to work overtime and any shift as needed.
* Ability to continuously stand for the entire 8 hour shift period
* Ability to work overtime as necessary
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
POST JOBS FOR FREE