Assembler Aircraft Power Plant Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assembler Aircraft Power Plant
Electrical Engineer, Aircraft Power Systems
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities we're just getting started. The Facebook Aquila UAV requires a highly efficient and light weight power system, ranging from motors to batteries to solar cells. Facebook seeks an Electrical Engineer specialist responsible for advancing the state of the art by carefully reviewing vendor designs and building models to verifying their capability. This role primarily involves working with suppliers and partners and requires an excellent project manager, technical expert, and analyst - all in one. Responsibilities
- Understand power system requirements based on overall system requirements and feasibility studies, specifying performance and SWaPC requirements.
- Evaluate suppliers' electrical designs and provide improvement.
- Create independent, detailed performance models of electrical subsystems and components. These will include motor and propeller performance, energy storage, and solar collection. Compare results to mission requirements (wind, latitude, longitude, altitude, trajectory) and supplier date.
- Evaluate suppliers' test plans, data, and results and compare to model
- Monitor and report on the state of the art for relevant power systems (e. g. HALE aircraft and UAVs)
- Drive the development of collaborative industry efforts
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in electrical engineering
- Experience in design and development of power systems >1 kW in size, for weight-sensitive applications like electric vehicles, aircraft, or spacecraft.
- Demonstrated experience as a technical reviewer and analyst
- Demonstrated experience modeling power systems at the subsystem level
- Experience in working with vendors to deliver projects. Project management experience.
Assembly Manager / Automotive Plant
Primary responsibilities: Safety, Quality, Cost and Productivity.
- Observe and follow rules and regulations
- Maintain satisfactory work area through implementation of 5S
- Effectively eliminate safety concerns identified by assembly and plant personnel
- Communicate with supervisor all safety items requiring assistance
- Investigate accidents, identify root cause, provide countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence
- Assist Leader with first piece weld check
- Ensure sensor verification (pink part system) is effective and checked daily
- Ensure parts produced meet quality standards
- Perform rework or repair as required
- Monitor and control Red Box procedure, analyze problems as they arise, report excessive scrap or rework to Department Manager
- Develop cost reduction activities for scope of position within individual department
- Check equipment start-up and monitor or assist in tip maintenance or equipment problems
- Provide technicians with correct working supplies
- Assist in monthly line audits
- Be proactive in line Kaizen activities for productivity improvement, process NG reduction, scrap reduction
- Recommend and take an active role in improving production methods, technician and equipment performance, product quality and increase total department efficiency utilizing the Kaizen approach
- Identify issues with start-up times and administer a countermeasure
- Plan and coordinate equipment downtime control with lead, supervisor or support personnel where locator pins, sensors, weld gun condition, part fit, nut welders and nut feeders are concerned
- Complete other duties as assigned by Department Manager
Aircraft Bench Assembly
Pay Rate/Range: $12 + DOE
Start Date: Immediate Openings
Description: Looking for experienced bench assembly candidates. Must have at least one year of experience. Will be using Squeezes, sealants and be able to read blue prints and inspection tooling.
Duration: Contract to
HireShift: Second Shift:
3pm -130am (Mon-Thur) Weekend shift: 4am-430 (Fri-Sun)
The Arnold Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
The Arnold Group (TAG) has found the right job for thousands of people and we can do it for you too! Since 1979 we have been helping people find their first job as well as assisting others with career advancements and changes. TAG has immediate openings for qualified and ambitious people just like you.
Whether you are between jobs, retired, recently graduated or just looking for a flexible schedule, we can help. Our unique skill-assessment and job-matching tools assist us in providing you with job opportunities that match your abilities and interests. We’ll match your skills, experience, and potential to the company and job that’s right for you.
The bottom line... we’ll place you where you can succeed, and you’ll have the chance to gain valuable job experience with respected companies of all sizes. For more information about The Arnold Group, visit us online at www.the-arnold-group.com.
Power Plant Operations Manager
Our client owns and operates a large steam-powered power plant located in the Ohio Valley-Appalachian Mountain area. They are looking for an Operations Manager to manage the Operations Department of around 35 individuals.
The position reports to the Plant Manager. Looking for at least 15 years of experience in large power plants (coal-fired experience is preferred) with at least 10 of those years in a supervisory role.
The plant is located in a nice, semi-rural area, with a nice cost of living and plenty of outdoor activities available.
Post a Job
Aircraft Equipment Assemblers
STS AeroStaff Services is currently hiring AircraftEquipmentAssemblers for positions in Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
- Familiarize and proficient in retrieving information from customer, manufacturer and FAA technical data.
- Repair and assemble FAA certified aircraft equipment including aluminum and lightweight containers, heavy duty pallets, Ladders & ground handling equipment, and Galley Carts, according to manufacturer and company manuals.
- Comply with FAA and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of work orders.
- Ability to perform routine and non-routine tasks independently
- Maintain work area clean and free of debris, which may interfere with the proper function of any units undergoing maintenance
- Maintain safe and clean work environment
- Ensure and maintain company tools and equipment in service standard, report any damaged tools and equipment to Station Manager/Supervisor
- Ensure system security of the electronic recordkeeping system regarding their area of responsibility and changing password if there is a possibility of its being compromised
- Provide feedback/suggestion to improve customer satisfaction
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Station Manager/Supervisor
STS AeroStaff Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Power Cables Assembler / PDU Cables Division
Power CablesAssembler for the PDU Cables Division of Engineered Products Company
Reports To: Power Cables Lead and PDU Cables Supervisor
Starting Rate: $13.49 per hour – 1st shift | $14.49 per hour – 2nd shift
Responsible for assembling power cables in accordance with established standard operating procedures, quality & safety regulations, and company metrics and goals. Requires the ability to work well independently and with a team of production assemblers in various work cells. Must have previous experience properly using hand tools and power tools.
Proper assembly of all parts of the power distribution units is required to ensure safety standards and quality standards are met; and electrical hazards such as explosion, fire and arc hazards are avoided for the end-user.
Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
· Perform direct labor duties assigned by the Power Cable Lead including the assembly of power cables in accordance with established specifications.
· Follow safety and quality standards.
· Use automatic equipment and hand tools effectively and safely as a part of the assembly process.
· Use proper torque settings for each type of receptacle assembled during the production process
using the reference guide and by asking the supervisor or lead for guidance.
· Assemble all products according to established guidelines.
· Maintain or exceed labor requirements.
· Operate a forklift once properly trained and certified.
· Assist other warehouse departments as required or directed.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
· Read work order and understand the requirements for assembling each individual cable.
· Ability to identify colors.
· Perform basic mathematics and measuring (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division; use a ruler to measuring lengths & widths accurately.)
· Use automatic equipment and hand tools effectively and safely as a part of the assembly process.
· Ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 75 lbs. (intermittent basis).
· Must be able to stand for extended periods of throughout the day consistently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· 6 months previous assembly experience required.
· Production Assembly Technician certification or similar education certificate preferred, but not require.b
· Ability to work in a fast- paced warehouse environment as a team and independently.
· Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Having reliable transportation will be essential for this role as the bus routes and other public forms of transportation are limited and will not meet scheduling requirements for this position.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee’s responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout the duration of their employ.
- Employees are required to abide by company safety procedures at all times in order to ensure the maintenance of a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times while performing job duties that require the use of PPE.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job descriptions at any time as deemed necessary.
- This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time. Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as the establishment of an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of the company are employed at-will.
- All open positions are located in Minnetonka, Minnesota
- Positions is open immediately, permanent hire after 640 hours. FULL TIME WITH BENEFITS after waiting period is met! APPLY NOW!
PDU Cables is a division of our company that was established in 1981. PDU Cable is the leading manufacturer and supplier of power-distribution cable assemblies in North America. Data Centers have come to depend on our branch circuit power distribution cable assemblies to provide the needed power to run the computers for internet companies, financial institutions, hospitals, universities, manufacturers and retailers big and small.
If you are a hard-working, quality-driven, self-starter who has the work ethic and drive to be a part of our team and you have the required experiences we need to fill our open positions, please apply immediately!
We appreciate the fact that you have considered Engineered Products Company | PDU Cables as a potential employer and we are looking forward to having the opportunity to meet with you about becoming a part of our family of assembly professionals!
Check out our websites at www.engproducts.com and www.pducables.com
Power Plant Technician - Plant Operation
Operate, maintain, and service all power plant equipment including engine generator sets, boilers, centrifugal chillers, cooling towers, pumps, motors, etc. Perform water analysis on all systems and add chemicals to keep levels in recommended ranges. Monitor and diagnose control issues on systems integral to the operation of the buildings. #featuredjob
High school graduate or equivalent. Trade or Vo-Tech school in a related area is very desirable. Two years experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of power production equipment, boilers, centrifugal chillers, cooling towers, water softeners and related systems. Need good understanding of electrical test equipment and procedures. Completely familiar with hand tools. Two years experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of power production equipment, boilers, centrifugal chillers, cooling towers, water softeners and related systems. Ability to work from blueprints, schematics, and equipment manuals.Post a Job
Power Plant Operator / Site Technician
Plant operators needed for permanent hire positions at a power plant in the Menlo Park, California area. Looking for entry-level as well as senior-level operators, as we have both Technician and Lead positions available. Prefer those who have previous gas turbine operations and maintenance experience, but will consider other power generation experience. Candidates with prior military or maritime experience looking to get into commercial plant operations would be a good fit for this position.
Keywords: gas turbine, combustion turbine, operations, operator, power plant, cogen, cogeneration.
Power Plant Operator
NOTICE OF VACANT POSITION
(Rensselaer County residence is required)
Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy on the Classified staff of Hudson Valley Community College, 80 Vandenburgh Avenue, Troy, New York.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered an applicant for this position, you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Four (4) years of experience in commercial, industrial or institutional facilities operation an Associate’s Degree in a related field; OR Eight (8) years of experience and a certificate from a recognized Trade School, National Trade Institute, or relevant Military experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of load bank testing and apparatus, Diesel and Natural Gas Engine Generator sets, power production systems and equipment, and strong Microsoft Office suite and computer skills preferred.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES: The Power Plant Operator performs work under the general supervision of the Assistant to the Director of Physical Plant with considerable leeway allowed for the exercise of independent judgment in planning and carrying out the details of the assignments in accordance with definitely defined procedures. The Power Plant Operator reports to the Assistant to the Director of Physical Plant and performs the following duties:
- Operates and maintains all operations of the Co Gen Plant to ensure proper functioning.
- Recommend, develop, schedule and implement preventative maintenance and annual testing.
- Works with mechanical and electrical technicians in the maintenance of all equipment in the Co Gen Plant.
- Performs repairs, inspection and minor overhauls on system and make recommendations for replacement and upgrades.
- Responds to emergency calls regarding mechanical, electrical and/or other problems related to the Co Gen Plant.
- Recommend, develop and maintain environmental compliance of the Co Gen Plant and equipment.
- Maintain accurate logs and records of all operating parameters.
- Oversee contractors in an Emergency or project situation.
- May perform related duties as assigned by the Assistant Director to the Director of Physical Plant.
The Salary Range is available upon request
Please apply before the Close date of September 15, 2017.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Power Plant Operator II (Swing Shift)
Power Plant Operator II is responsible for the safe and proper operation of the power plant and associated control structures throughout the assigned working location of St. Joseph Hospital, 5000 West Chambers Street, Milwaukee, WI. This is a swing shift position.
The person in this role will operate, maintain and adjust boilers, furnaces, engines, pumps, heat exchangers, generators, motors, chillers, cooling towers, equipment for heating, ventilating, air conditioning, lighting and associated equipment in the facilities.
The Power Plant Operator II makes periodic inspections of equipment and minor repairs to such equipment; performs preventive maintenance; takes responsible charge of a watch, read meters, gauges, and other recording devices and log the data; keep records and write reports; as directed, inspect low pressure boilers in accordance with a unified inspection procedure and may operate a motor vehicle. The Power Plant Operator II will be able to power down, inspect, trouble-shoot, repair and restore operation of medium to high pressure steam boilers. The Power Plant Operator II may be assigned more complex repairs or to locations with high pressure steam systems.
Power Plant Maintenance and Repair
- Monitor power plant equipment and indicators to detect evidence of operating problems.
- Adjust controls to generate specified electrical power or to regulate the flow of power between generating stations and substations.
- Control power generating equipment, including boilers, turbines, generators, or reactors, using control boards or semi-automatic equipment.
- Regulate equipment operations and conditions, such as water levels, based on instrument data or from computers.
- Make adjustments or minor repairs, such as tightening leaking gland and pipe joints.
- Record and compile operational data by completing and maintaining forms, logs, or reports.
- Receive outage calls and call in necessary personnel during power outages and emergencies.
- Prepares equipment malfunction reports, makes inspections and from observation, determines whether equipment is operating properly.
- Take regulatory action, based on readings from charts, meters and gauges, at established intervals.
- Start or stop generators, auxiliary pumping equipment, turbines, or other power plant equipment as necessary.
- Inspect, trouble-shoot, and repair generators, auxiliary pumping equipment, turbines, or other power plant equipment as necessary.
- Inspect records or log book entries or communicate with plant personnel to assess equipment operating status.
- Control or maintain auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, condensers, feed water heaters, filters, or chlorinators, to supply water, fuel, lubricants, air, or auxiliary power.
- Clean, lubricate, or maintain equipment, such as generators, turbines, pumps, or compressors, to prevent failure or deterioration.
- Open and close valves and switches in sequence to start or shut down auxiliary units
- May assist leaders in assignment of work to team members to ensure safe and efficient plant operation.
- May assist in training other team members on the daily operation, monitoring and maintenance of plant equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of an accredited Boiler Operator learning program preferred
- Power Plant Operator, Boiler Operator or Stationary Engineer License preferred
- Three years of experience operating, maintaining and repairing high pressure boilers, large tonnage chillers, facility management systems, water treatment systems and all types of boilers, chillers, pumps and systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local plant operations and boiler codes.
- Experience in healthcare preferred
- Computer skills: Has understanding and experience with the use of basic Windows program and Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook Email.
- Knowledge of instrumentation troubleshooting and preventative maintenance is required.
- Strong analytical abilities for understanding and interpreting building system documents, prints and layouts are required.
- In-depth knowledge of boilers, chillers, pumps and water systems.
- The ability to operate tools and equipment with a skill level that is typically acquired through trade and/or vocational schools.
- Must have the ability to:
- Calibrate systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment.
- Operate specialized machinery, equipment and tools utilized in the repair, installation and maintenance of heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Communicate and follow up effectively both orally and in writing. Work cooperatively with others as well as independently with little direction
- Critical thinking skills
- Decisive judgment
- Ability to delegate tasks, follow up on assigned tasks and report on progress of work
- Ability to train others on technical components, applicable regulations and internal procedures to ensure efficient and safe plant operations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment
Software Powered by iCIMS