Assembler Aluminum Boats Job Description Sample
Welder - Aluminum Mig And Tig
Merritt Aluminum Products Company (MAPCO) is experiencing rapid growth and needs quality people to fill multiple positions in our manufacturing operations in Fort Lupton, Colorado. MAPCO is the nation's leading manufacturer of aluminum accessory products for the heavy duty truck industry. We are also one of Colorado's top 50 privately owned companies. We have been dedicated to meeting the needs of the trucking industry for over 65 years. Learn more about us on our website, at www.merrittproducts.com or Facebook page at www.facebook.com/merrittproducts/
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance
- Voluntary long term and short term disability, and voluntary life available
- 8 paid holidays annually
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus potential
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time Off plan accrues upon hire
- Day shift hours 5:00am to 1:30pm, Monday through Friday
- Night shift hours 1:30pm to 12:00am, Monday through Thursday (4/10s)
- Primary responsibility is MIG and TIG welding aluminum assemblies in a fast paced, high quality manufacturing environment.
- Applicants must be able to read blue prints and follow instructions from from work orders.
- Bending and lifting of 60 pounds is required to load and unload welding fixtures.
- Some positions require light assembly work.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to read blue prints
- Accurately lay out parts, assemble and weld to meet specifications on prints
- Must be able to read tape measure and other measuring devices
- Experience with the use of hand tools required in a manufacturing environment
- Must demonstrate proficiency in welding by passing weld test
- Must have mechanical aptitude
- Pre-employment drug screening is required
- Random drug testing is required after employment
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic math
- Training in welding principals and techniques preferred
Aluminum Product Manager
In response to rapid growth of our aluminum business and as part of our strategy to better serve customers, we currently have an opening for a world class Product Manager, Aluminum.
The Product Manager, Aluminum will be tasked with managing all aspects of aluminum program and growing that business and will be accountable for the P&L statement of that product line. The person in this high-visibility position will partner with key business leaders to drive relevant improvements across procurement, inventory, operations and sales.
- Own the P&L for the aluminum business.
- Build commercial aluminum strategy with managers to grow existing accounts, penetrate new customers and markets, and launch new products.
- Develop and refine a compelling, differentiated value proposition, as well as positioning and messaging for the company's aluminum offering.
- Manage product pricing and program costs with key executives.
- Support outside sales personnel on customer-related efforts and visits to grow sales.
- Work with sales managers to drive and monitor sales prospecting.
- Build and update aluminum sales forecasts and plans with the Director of Sales & Business Development.
- Collaborate with Procurement to manage supplier relationships, aluminum inventory and purchasing across multiple companies.
- Evaluate and onboard new suppliers as appropriate to broaden aluminum portfolio and mitigate risk.
- Develop and implement systems, processes, and metrics to improve processing quality, reliability, lead times, and costs for the aluminum program.
- Conduct, aggregate, and distill market research into meaningful and actionable insights.
- Oversee all marketing efforts for aluminum, including marketing communications, advertising, and events.
- Develop technical case studies, customer success stories, and product data resources.
- Be the primary technical resource on aluminum products for customers and employees.
- Conduct trainings with employees to further the organization's familiarity with aluminum products and applications.
- Travel up to 25%.
- 4-year bachelor's degree or greater; engineering or business management degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience marketing aluminum and solving technical customer problems.
- 3+ years sales experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with the plastic injection mold industry preferred.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), math, and problem-solving skills. Must be able to present well.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP systems and reports.
1. Bachelor's degree? (In engineering or business management preferred)
2. 3+ years of experience marketing aluminum and solving technical customer problems?
3. 3+ years of sales experience?
4. Experience with the plastic injection mold industry? (preferred)
Product Manager - Aluminum
Lead Scientist - Aluminum And Metals - Atlanta, GA
- MUST BE ABLE TO RELOCATE TO GEORGIA WITH RELOCATION ASSISTANCE*
Kelly Services is currently hiring a Lead Metallurgical Scientist for a DIRECT HIRE position in the Atlanta, GA Area.
DIRECT HIRE + Competitive Salary + Bonus Eligible + Full Relocation
The Lead Metallurgical Scientist is a key member of the metallurgy group within the global core R&D organization. Working as part of the group's management team, they play an important part in helping to develop the talent and specialist capabilities which underpin the success of key product and process development projects. They also act as a key resource within the global technology network by contributing expertise related to the impact of alloying and processing on microstructure and properties, and on product performance in customer operations and applications. Partnering with colleagues in research and in manufacturing, or working with customers and outside organizations, the job-holder will strive to turn innovative science and technology into robust, working solutions. There will be opportunity to travel and to collaborate with plants and regional research and technology centers around the globe. The role provides significant opportunity for technical and team leadership, and a real chance to impact the future success of global business.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE:
MUST have a PhD level degree
At least 7 years research experience gained after PhD completion in an industrial R&D environment, or working in close partnership with industry, with a strong focus on physical metallurgy.
Must have the ability to manage 6-8 PhD level Research Direct Reports
Specific experience related to aluminum products would be a distinct advantage, although applicants with relevant research experience in steels or other metals will also be considered
Proven project management experience and skills with a track record of technical leadership in an R&D setting.
Experience of successful collaboration with internal and/or external customers to implement technical solutions and innovations.
Manage and support a team of metallurgical research scientists and engineers.
Grow and enhance the team's metallurgical strength through people and capability development.
Lead development and deployment of advanced techniques and methods to tackle applied materials challenges.
Act as technical specialist and technical leader in projects focused on the development of superior aluminum sheet products and processes.
Propose ideas for innovation projects and novel materials solutions and pursue them in collaboration with others.
Apply Today for Immediate Consideration!
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Tracker Boats Service Associate
Position assists our customers when they come in to pick up their unit by explaining and demonstrating the operation of the boat, motor, trailer or ATV. Position is additionally responsible for checking in boats when they are delivered to the dealership.
1.Support a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
2.Print daily delivery schedules to prepare for that day's assignments.
3.Inspect all boats scheduled for delivery and report the condition of the unit on a check list to the Service Manager.
4.Verify unit's serial number and confirm all accessories have been installed.
5.Check all rigging and mounting instructions against the work order for proper installation.
6.Contact the customer with any questions or delays in the order and confirm the delivery date and time.
7.Inspect the detailing of the unit prior to delivery.
8.Stage the unit for delivery at the scheduled time of pick-up.
9.Greet customers at time of delivery and take to them to the Business Office for completion of required paperwork.
10. Explain to customer how the unit operates and where accessories have been installed.
11. Complete the warranty packet for each unit, review the unit's packet of information provided and explain warranty.
12. Place follow up call to the customer with in one week of delivery.
13. Greet delivery drivers to help unload new units received at the dealership.
14. Check in units by verifying serial numbers on each unit against invoice.
15. Once bar codes labels have been printed, place bar codes on units received.
16. Assist with physical inventories.
17. May be required to serve as back up to Service Writer and / or Warranty Clerk positions.
18. Maintain a clean and professional work area.
19. Follow all Company Policies and Procedures.
20. Perform other duties, assignments and responsibilities as needed.
Education and/or Experience
High School education or equivalent experience
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to complete simple math calculations
Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner to our customers and other associates
Able to lift up to 50 pounds
Able to work in non-air conditioned environment
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Management, coworkers and customers
Ability to operate computer system
Boston Whaler Assembler - Large Boats
It is our people behind life's passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you've found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Want to join a winning team? Boston Whaler is expanding, and we're looking for the best and most dedicated people to join our family! We offer competitive pay, an outstanding health and financial benefits package at 30 days of employment, Tuition Reimbursement, and a new pathway to build your career.
Assembles fiberglass hulls, decks and small parts, purchased parts and pre-assembled components into a completed boat
Installs decks, hardware components, bilge system, water, hydraulic and fuel fittings, hoses, tanks and connections
Performs electrical assembly of consoles, installs and connects electrical wiring and components
Uses a variety of hand and power/air tools, saws, grinders and other tools as necessary
Locating parts by hand or utilizing detail blueprints, standard work, tools, and/or fixtures
Works following specific job instructions, frequently reading and providing verbal and/or written status of part completion
May include handling and application of sealants, adhesives, and primers, along with proper disposal
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements could include dust masks, gloves, and chemical resistant suits
Ability to work a 10+ hour shift standing, bending, reaching
Moderate lifting ability up to 50 lbs.
Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment (may be above 100 ambient degrees or below 10 ambient degrees in areas of production)
Ability to work in a fiberglass dust environment and a fast paced, noisy environment
Ability to work overtime (planned and unplanned)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Must follow all safety and quality standards at all times, including chemical handling standards and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
Ability to read and understand blueprints
Ability to use a variety of hand and pneumatic tools
Knowledge of fasteners (nuts, bolts, screws, solid & blind rivets) preferred
Basic skills in forklift, overhead hoist, computer, and electrical components assemblies preferred
Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions
Ability to work with fellow coworkers in close proximity and in a team environment displaying mutual respect
Ability to fluently speak, read, understand, and write English
High school diploma or GED required
Shift: This position could be for first shift, 5:00am – 3:30pm or 6:00am-4:30pm, or second shift (4:30pm – 3:00am (Mon-Thurs). Overtime frequently required based on business needs. Boston Whaler reserves the right to adjust shifts and times as business needs arise.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Boston Whaler:
For more than 50 years, Boston Whaler has been building superior quality unsinkable runabouts, cruisers and center console boats. Founded in 1958 and currently headquartered in Edgewater, FL, the company's unique foam-cored construction process contributes not only unsurpassed flotation, but superior ride characteristics and durability. The current product line ranges from 11- 42 feet and is distributed around the world by a network of exceptional dealers. For more information about The Unsinkable Legend, please visit www.bostonwhaler.com. Boston Whaler is owned by Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC), the largest marine manufacturer in the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and protected veteran status.
Brunswick is proud to be named a 2015 Top 100 Military Friendly Employer by GI Jobs!
Veterans and Reservists strongly encouraged to apply!
We are the people behind life's passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 1-888-735-4767.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies
#Brunswick Corporation - Boston Whaler
Fabricator Assembler to produce sign parts by assembling various plastic and aluminum materials and prepare finished product for shipment to meet customer needs.
Position requires excellent math and measuring skills, an eye for detail, must poses basic building knowledge, as well as working knowledge of various machines and hand tools including but not limited to, MIG Welding, Brake Press, Milling Machine, Saws, Drills, Routers, Brake Press and other hand tools. Qualified candidate should be a quick learner, must have great work ethics, the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., must have good organizational skills, have the ability to "think outside the box", be self-motivated and work well with others. At least three years prior experience in the sign industry is preferred.
Working conditions include, working in non-temperature regulated environment (hot in summer/cold in winter), standing for long periods of time, and use of safety equipment/gear.
Drug Free Workplace, Smoke Free Workplace, Equal Opportunity Employer, E-Verify Participating Employer.
Collier and Lee County, FL. Naples, Ft Myers, Marco Island, Cape Coral
Select Development Group, a general contractor located in Naples, FL is seeking experienced aluminum installers for our commercial aluminum work.
General contracting company in SWFL has immediate openings for aluminum installers. The individual must have proven track record of being self-motivated professional. Candidates for aluminum installation shall have 2+ years’ experience as an aluminum installer in the residential or commercial construction industry and be able to read engineering plans and construct various aluminum structures from initial planning to completion. The ideal candidate will have excellent metalworking skills that allow him or her to produce quality end products for our clients. Top pay for a proven track record.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Commitment to an injury free environment.
- Ensure safety and compliance with company safety policies and OSHA job site requirements.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and budgets restrictions.
- Provide excellent communication skills and ability to interact with management and co-workers
- Coordinate and order materials for timely delivery to the project site from time to time.
- Perform various take-off of plans from time to time for pricing and material ordering from time to time.
Job Skills and Abilities
- Broad understanding of the construction industry.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
MUST INCLUDE RESUME, PROJECT EXPERIENCE AND PAY REQUIREMENTS
WHO ARE WE
LMI is a world-class leader in designing, building and manufacturing aerospace structures, systems and components for commercial, business and regional, and military aerospace customers. We employ engineering, manufacturing and testing experts throughout the United States and the rest of the world. Our integrated team approach and full life cycle of capabilities enable our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities for career growth within our organization.
We are currently seeking am Assembler. Our Assemblers primary functions would be drilling and deburring parts to ready for assembly, assembly of component parts including attaching parts together by installing ground studs, attaching nut-plates or bonding. In all actions, supports LMI's Quality Policy, Mission Statement and other LMI policies and procedures by supporting our commitment to total customer satisfaction, quality products and services, lean processes, continuous improvement, on-time delivery, safety, teaming, individual accountability and respect for people.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Work from and follow process specifications, work orders, blueprints, rework/rejection tags, schedules, schematics, layout & modification sheets, engineering orders and verbal/written instruction.
Interpret document/instruction (above) to determine sequence and methods to assemble and repair sheet metal products.
Pull parts from bin; report any shortages to Supervisor.
Work different gauge/type of sheet metal aluminum according to product specifications.
Clean components; load component parts onto jig/fixture.
Drill, ream, rivet, fit, countersink, adjust, finish, and inspect part to ensure that specifications are met.
Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff, and smooth surfaces.
call for inspection.
Work off rework to engineering to eliminate non-conformance.
Scrutinize every facet of job and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to Supervisor.
Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
High school diploma or high school equivalency preferred. Candidates that do not have a high school diploma or high school equivalency will be required to take a pre-employment assessment to be considered for the role.
Previous aircraft experience or sheet metal work is preferred.
Basic mechanical aptitude to put together work instructions and to assemble parts.
Must be able to effectively communicate with team members on a regular basis.
Prior experience with blueprints and precision measuring devices a plus.
Skilled at using a variety of small hand tools.
Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Noise levels ranging from quiet to extremely loud
Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when working on the manufacturing floor including, but not limited to, eye, ear, and foot protection
May occasionally lift and /or move up to 10-50 pounds
WHY CHOOSE LMI AEROSPACE?
We take care of our people.
401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match contribution
Paid time off
Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
Employee assistance plan — for access to counseling, consulting and other community resources
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees of the Company are employed on an "at will" basis and may be terminated at any time.
LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, LMI provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to access the company's online application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the online application system, LMI will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line application system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of contact ready for LMI's Human Resources Department. LMI will make every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for the general submission of application materials.
LMI is an E-Verify Employer.
LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer
Job Title: Assembler
Reports To: Assistant Store Manager
Job Location: Store Location
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt. Positions may be Full or Part-Time; Seasonal or Non-Seasonal
Assemble all types of products sold at store locations. Cross train to assist in other areas as needed including Maintenance, Shop, Receiving, etc. You'll work to maintain a safe and clean atmosphere while providing assistance to customers and co-workers. This is physical work (not an office job) so come prepared! Must be able to follow directions and work independently.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Assemble retail merchandise such as grills, furniture, lawn equipment, farm equipment
Assemble and assist with merchandise displays
Use general office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer
Operate machinery such as a forklift, pallet jack, Telxon gun and other retail equipment
May be required to cross train and perform other duties
Mechanical abilities and experience
Able to follow assembly instructions
Ability to interact with the team in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient
Ability to work independently without supervision
Ability to access and use the in-store computer, scanning system, and wireless hand-held unit
Ability to participate in our online applicant and new hire onboarding process remotely
Ability to complete computer-based training
Good visual acuity
Ability to repetitively lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds
Ability to communicate effectively to all audiences
Ability to use a ladder and/or pallet jack
Close vision for computer work
Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
Ability to verbally communicate in a professional manner with associates via a handheld transceiver and also customers
Ability to walk up and down stairs multiple times per day
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!