Assembler And Tester Electronics Job Description Sample
Assembler / Tester
Long Term contract position
1. Two or more years industry related experience in assembly in a manufacturing environment.
2. Demonstrate product and process knowledge by applying it to newly learned techniques.
3. Able to select appropriate procedures, techniques, tools, and equipment.
4. Proficient in reading and understanding blueprints, route sheets, and test specifications. Perform basic mathematical calculations, as well as demonstrate effective verbal, written, and basic computer skills.
5. Possess strong mechanical reasoning.
6. Able to implement and effectively apply lean initiatives.
7. Possess effective interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
8. Able to interpret reports and use standard business software applications. Able to use employee self-service to access on-line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e. PMR, TORS, e-mail).
9. may require soldering certification per customer requirements.
10. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal setting, performance feedbackk, and self-development activities.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Mechanically apt…..experience working on small cars, small engines, lawnmowers, putting together legos, really anyone that likes to work with their hands…
- Personality – people who want to work – looking for steady employment, good work environment, opportunities to move up
- Attitude – looking for individuals with a good positive attitude – upbeat and willing to learn
- Reliable – individuals who can come to work on time and be here each day.
- Good communication skills
- Good employment history
- Someone who works well in a team environment.
- Willingness to learn
SHIFTS FOR OEM ASSEMBLY:
Training 1st shift: M-F 600am-230pm – training could last upwards of 6 months. If someone prefers to train on 2nd shift, we generally can make arrangements.
Working shift: 2nd Shift Schedule M-Th 230pm-100am
there could be a possibility that someone stays on 1st shift and doesn’t have to go to 2nd shift once trained….
SHIFTS FOR REPAIR/OVERHAUL:
Training 1st shift - M-Th 400am-230pm or M-F 600am-230pm – training could last upwards of 6 months
2nd Shift Schedule M-F 230pm-11pm or M-Th 230pm-100am
Xcrew Shift – F, Sa, Sun noon-midnight – once someone becomes Parker employee they get paid for 40 and working only 36.
Our mission is defined by serving your values, supporting our communities' sustainability, and providing the highest quality workforce solutions for all.
Job Description: Assembler Tester Position location:
East Aurora - NY Function: Perform various assembly operations on hydraulic, pneumatic, and electro-mechanical valves,actuators and systems using a variety of electrical and mechanical measuring instruments, assembly tools and cleaning devices. Required to work from drawings, worksheets, parts lists, and other units, it is also required that the assembler have a working knowledge of the products to perform diagnostic rework (or trouble-shooting) on units which do not meet test requirements.
Required to work on repairs normally run with production units. Work on hydraulic stands to perform assembly functions, set-up AMPS and 151 stages. Some
Superior Group is looking for Assembler Tester for our client located in East Aurora, NY Perform various assembly operations on hydraulic, pneumatic, and electro-mechanical valves, actuators and systems using a variety of electrical and mechanical measuring instruments, assembly tools and cleaning devices. Needed to work from drawings, worksheets, parts lists, and other units, it is also needed that the assembler have a working knowledge of the products to perform diagnostic rework (or trouble-shooting) on units which do not meet test requirements.
Needed to work on repairs normally run with production units. Work on hydraulic stands to perform assembly functions, set-up
Assembler Tester II
Job Title: Assembler Tester II
Poway, CA (Company will be moving to Carlsbad, CA in January 2018)
Schedule: 2nd shift 3:00pm-11:30pm
Duration: Temp to Hire
The Assemble Tester is responsible for training in and competently performing various packing, electromechanical assembly, test, and inspection procedures to ensure that productions schedules and quality standards are met. May use Automated Test Equipment, handheld tools, soldering iron, assembly drawings, bills of materials, schematics, written instructions, and other applicable documents.
- Assembles, reworks, and/or reassembles product as specified on applicable documentation.
- Verifies accuracy of instruction documents (e.g. schematics, assembly drawings, bills of material).
- Checks work for accuracy, quality, and conformance to specifications.
- Uses a computer for data entry and input of serial numbers into the mainframe.
- Packages parts into kits for shipping.
- Labels and packages product including manuals and accessories.
- Performs testing activities including current checks, burn-ins, and operation of Automated Test Equipment.
- Verifies assemblies and subassemblies against applicable documentation.
- Verifies Part Number, Revision Level, and Quantity received.
- Conducts routine electrical tests, sorting failed assemblies from passed assemblies.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to perform moderately complex packaging, assembly and test operations.
- The ability to use appropriate software and PCs.
- Good verbal, reading, writing, and comprehension skills.
- Good manual dexterity.
Assembler / Tester
Job Description: FAA Testing and Training required This is for 2nd Shift of day Perform various assembly operations on hydraulic, pneumatic, and electro-mechanical valves,actuators and systems using a variety of electrical and mechanical measuring instruments, assembly tools and cleaning devices.
Required to work from drawings, worksheets, parts lists, and other units, it is also required that the assembler have a working knowledge of the products to perform diagnostic rework (or trouble-shooting) on units which do not meet test requirements. Required to work on repairs normally run with production units. Work on hydraulic stands to perform assembly functions, set-up AMPS and
Tester / Electric Motors
The Tester is involved with the testing of electric circuits, motors, motor-generator sets, controls plus other components and equipment such as relays and automatic bus transfer switches for evaluation and performance. New equipment is tested during different stages of the manufacturing process. Evaluation testing is performed on customer owed equipment to determine what repairs are required or if replacement is necessary.
The qualified candidate must also be willing and able to cross-train as a Motor Assembler and work in Motor Assembly part of the time.
Performs tests unique to each piece of equipment or circuit to obtain specific results. Tests include Diagnostic Tests, Hi-Pot (high voltage test), Insulation Test, Operational Tests, Noise Tests, Load Tests, Vibration Tests and many others. Adjust or replace components to meet test specifications. May use oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer for testing and/or analysis. Also involves meter and equipment calibration.
- Electrical and mechanical safety
- Basic knowledge of electrical and electronic circuitry
- Ability to use electrical test equipment such as a Digital multi-meter, Oscilloscope and power supplies
- Should have a background in technology such as a technical high school certification or an Electronics technology associates degree.
- Desirable requirements: Has worked in manufacturing, electrical apprenticeship, or electrical repair.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Job requires standing - about half of the work can be done while seated.
Since overhead cranes are available in all work areas, Testers are not required to lift more than 50 pounds.
Environmental / Safety:
Keeps work area clean and free of extraneous materials.
Is particularly sensitive to safety rules and issues during testing and maintains a constant "electrical awareness."
Ensures that mechanical as well as electrical safety procedures are followed as stated on posted signs and in Company policy.
Wears all applicable Personal Protective Equipment
This position is required to attend mandatory hearing training.
Education / Certification:
- High school graduate - will consider commensurate experience.
- Has passed Certification Test established by the Company for each test procedure that is used without close supervision.
Electronic Tester I
Electronic Tester I Lansdale-PA-US Performs routine go/no-go tests of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies, Sets up test devices using hand tools or automatic test methods. Documents test results.
May perform simple repairs and/or component removal or replacement. May maintain logs and records indicating malfunctions. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works from documented test procedures, specific drawings, sketches, schematics and explicit verbal instructions to perform tests. Utilizes equipment which does not require interpretation including, but not limited to, computer aided tools, volt meter, multimeter, circuit tester and logic analyzer to troubleshoot, debug and perform routine measurements on electronic assemblies, subsystems and/or systems. Uses standard test equipment and follows prescribed test procedures to perform circuit continuity and current and voltage checks.
Tests for proper equipment operations and repairs or replaces defective parts and components as required. Extracts technical data from various prescribed sources and prepares such data as required. May service, repair or calibrate simple electronic instruments and equipment.
Sets up and operates standard tests on experimental equipment. Records test data following well defined methods and present such data in prescribed form. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or equivalent PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Six months – one (1) year experience as an Assembler and/or Tester Six months experience working with and recording testing procedures One year experience as an Electronic Assembler One year experience in Electronic testing One year experience working with computer aided tools One year experience working with testing procedures Prior Experience working with volt meters and multimeters Prior experience as a circuit tester JCert soldering certification Experience working in Defense/Aerospace Industry Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems.
And it's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you. Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea.
Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
Cobham DJ. Keywords: Electronics Test Technician, Location: Lansdale, PA - 19446
Tester For Cable Assembly
We are seeking a Tester for our cable assembly lines to become an integral part of our team!
Test all outgoing cables and cable assemblies
· Visual inspection and continuity test
· Highly detailed mode of operation
· Reporting deviations to the supervisor
· Capable to concentrate on the job and strictly following the work instruction 100%
· Filling out inspection protocols on the PC
· Checking labeling against the inspection protocol
· Checking mechanical assembly against the inspection protocol
- Work with other coworkers to troubleshoot and resolve wiring issues
- Track and document all testing defects and resolutions
- Previous experience in testing, quality assurance, or other related fields are appreciated but not necessary
- Knowledge of test protocols, multimeter handling are appreciated but not necessary
· Basic computer skills required
· Deadline and detail-oriented
As the company expands upon its strategic business model, LQ Mechatronics, Inc. has about 20 employees and is expanding in sales, service, and production within the US market.
Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers, wiring, and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
Demonstrate ability to read and interpret schematic and PLC logic symbols for the purpose of troubleshooting, fabrication and assembly of electronic components and circuits.
Demonstrate skills in crimping, soldering and connector assembly and repair.
Installs rigid and flexible conduit, shielded cable, wiring and components IAW engineering drawings and schematic diagrams.
Demonstrate and maintain proficiency in the use of various test equipment such as multimeter, ammeter, digital strip chart recorder, oscilloscope and insulation tester (Megger) for use in troubleshooting and testing components and equipment.
Ensure quality work is performed IAW the National Electrical Code and common standards of practice.
Demonstrate and maintain proficiency in the use of common power and hand tools such as drills, hydraulic hole punch, pipe threader, grinders and taps, for use in construction and installation of rigid and flexible conduit.
Maintains clean and organized work area.
5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Electrical control design experience not limited to PLC programming
- State Master's electrician license
Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Cable Assembly Tester
Role and Responsibilities:
- Test cable assemblies per drawings/specifications and provide test reports as required.
- Evaluate the condition of test tools and equipment and report non-conformances to the supervisor
- Track test activity in support of production schedules
- Timely testing and processing of jobs through the department
- Assure accuracy and quality of all products tested
- Must be able to read and understand cable assembly drawings and specifications.
- Must be able to use Digital Multimeter.
- Must have a basic knowledge of quality and test standards.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Good communication skills
• One or more years as a cable assembly tester.
•. High School or
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
• Life Insurance
• 401k with match
• and More!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!