Assembler Deck And Hull Job Description Sample
Advanced Hull Systems Engineer - SEA 05V (0083)
Mobius is a fast growing and award-winning systems engineering company. We are recruiting to fill a Hull Systems Engineer / RCOH Platform Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead on our NAVSEA SEA 05V contract. The candidate shall provide engineering support services to support the NAVSEA SEA 05V Aircraft Carrier Design and Systems Engineering Group. The NAVSEA 05V1 Carrier Engineering Team (CET) supports Program Manager, In-Service Aircraft Carrier Program (PMS 312) as the Technical Authority in the Chief Systems Engineering Competency for all CVN 68 Class carriers. The Refueling Complex Overhaul (RCOH) component of the CET is a matrix organization led by two warranted Ship Design Managers (SDMs) dedicated to providing technical support for the development and execution of RCOH Authorized Work Packages. The Platform IPT is tasked to develop and manage the technical elements of the RCOH availability work packages in the Platform area. Areas of responsibility include hull structure and appendages, superstructure and masts, tanks and voids, damage control systems, general arrangements, outfitting, preservation and corrosion control, insulation and deck coverings, welding and non-destructive test (NDT), weight and moment management, shock hardening, survivability, and topside arrangement. The Platform IPT Lead role is the lead engineer responsible to RCOH SDMs and RCOH Ship IPT for operation of the IPT during the 30 month planning and 44 month execution period of the RCOH. This full-time salaried position serves onsite with the client in Washington, DC. on the Washington Navy Yard in SEA 05V1 spaces (Bldg. 176). This position requires an energetic candidate that can coordinate multiple tasks while operating in a high ops tempo environment. This position requires travel within the United States.Job Tasks and
· Chair Platform IPT meetings and establish subordinate working groups
· Liaison with Program Office, NAVSEA Technical Authorities, Type Commanders (TYCOM), Supervisor of Shipbuilding (SUPSHIPNN), Participating Acquisition Resource Managers (PARMs), Shipyards, and Warfare Centers
· Develop all Platform System modernization AWP line items
· Manage, plan and direct the design development, systems integration and shipbuilder product review of modifications in the Platform area.
· Coordinate and integrate system solutions, identify alternatives, asses and invoke system requirements, and ensure requirements are adhered to during planning and execution
· Develop the RCOH Tank Work package in coordination of the Carrier Planning Activity (PMS 312C), SUPSHIPNN, and TYCOM that defines all tank coating work to be accomplished during each RCOH based on Corrosion Control Information Management System (CCIMS) data and Aircraft Carrier Class Maintenance Plan (ACCMP ) requirements
· Review Installation Control Drawings (ICDs) and Ship Installation Drawings (SIDs) for platform system SWLINs
· Apply lessons learned from previous RCOH’s, PIA’s, DPIA’s, and Team One Knowledge Sharing Networks
· Participate in ship checks
Education and Experience:
· BS Degree in engineering or other related field required
· 15 years of related experience required
· Naval Sea Systems Command experience preferred
· Secret security clearance required
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Gel Coat Applicator
Applies Gel coat to hull, deck molds and small parts accoring to production orders.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be able to spray gel coat, check for proper millage, read orders and apply corresponding color requested.
- Be able to apply hull and deck identifying numbers in proper place.
- Clean filters and pumps at required intervals.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Follow instruction of supervisor.
- Work with a team to complete daily tasks.
- Must be able to wear full mask respirator..
- Be able to identify the different hulls and decks that need to be gel coated.
- Be able to use small hand tools to include: scissors, razor knife, gel coat gun, etc.
- Inspects all parts so that they are complete and up to quality standards.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to work in non-climate controlled environment
- Must be able to bend at waist and knees and stand for expended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear proper safety equipment to include safety glasses, respirator and Tyvek protection suit.
- Will be standing for long periods of time while extending your arms over your head.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds when necessary.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!