Lead Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer – Services Accessories
The Services Accessories team provides an exciting, challenging, and rewarding opportunity to be at the forefront of Customer-Focused engineering for GE Power. As a Lead Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer, you will work closely with the Power Services project engineering team and customers to learn about existing gas turbine power plants and develop solutions that bring significant value to the customers and the PS business via Conversions, Modifications, and Upgrades (CM&Us) and NPIs.
You will grow quickly in technical and business depth and breadth as you will be a critical part of the entire project lifecycle from initial scoping through design and field installation, support, and validation. The projects' short-cycle environment provides a varied scope of assignments including first-to-field production-ready NPI, creative solution development, and practical utilization of existing and new assets. You will have leadership opportunities as well as quick real-world real-time feedback on your design efforts. The Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer will work on design, development and provide support to the global fleet of Heavy-Duty Gas Turbines for accessory systems equipment to improve upon reliability, performance, emission, efficiency and safety. Projects vary from small controls software upgrades to repowering entire gas turbine generator set with latest proven technology. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
In addition, you will:
* Understand the Gas Turbine components and overall project requirements; develop strategies to deliver on electrical & instrumentation systems.
* Define electrical & instrumentation equipment related to power plants including sensors, transmitters, ignitors, combustion dynamics monitoring, Hazardous Gas Detection, and Fire Detection. Write the corresponding purchase technical specifications according to contract requirements.
* Lead Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering portion of the projects with full ownership of engineering activities, schedule and document release ensuring adherence to project budget, quality & timelines.
* Develop drawings (F&IDs/P&IDs/Schematics/Assemblies/Fabrications/Wiring Diagrams) and bill of material structures.
* Select instrumentation based on system requirements, cost and compliance requirements.
* Develop conduit/cable-tray routing for GT instrumentation and power equipment's based on voltage segregation.
* Research and analyze data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
* Support and coordinate with interfacing organizations such as manufacturing, sourcing, services, global engineering, advanced technologies and systems engineering.
* Coordinate with vendors to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
* Document design work clearly and meticulously.
* Provide timely and accurate responses to support resolution of field installation and customer issues.
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar degree from an accredited college or university
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering.
* Familiarity with instrumentation (pressure transmitters, thermocouples, flame detectors, vibration sensors), cabling/conduits/cable trays, and MCCs.
* Experience with electrical systems for power plant/ chemical plants.
* Good understanding of sizing of electrical equipment LV, MV & HV & interconnect cables.
* Site knowledge and experience with installation & trouble shooting of electrical equipment especially industrial motors.
* Knowledge of applicable national & international codes/Standards/directives such as IEC, NEC, CSA, IECEx, ATEX etc.
* Excellent written and oral communication.
* Ability to work in teams and achieve targets.
* Basic knowledge on Power plant components and its functioning.
* Basic knowledge of legacy GE control systems (MK-VI, MK-V, MK-IV).
* Gas turbine / Steam Turbine / Generator accessories knowledge.
* Experience with Plant DCS Control systems.
* Experienced in medium/low voltage equipment, control system architectures, interconnect cabling, load list, cable/conduit sizing, MCC & motor selection.
* Strong problem solving skills preferred
* Ability to generate ideas to simplify systems
* Ability to write specifications, procedures, and manuals that conform to prescribed style and format.
* Ability to effectively present information to project and functional management and to customers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
* Ability to synthesize information from different engineering disciplines.
* Green belt certified (GE employees only)
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
United States;New York, South Carolina;Greenville, Schenectady;
POST JOBS FOR FREE