Assembler Electromechanical Job Description Sample
Job Description: Electromechanical Assembler - Norwood, MA
Instron® is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Instron is a clear global leader in materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
Under general supervision and in accordance with Instron Quality Standards, assembles load frames and consoles from engineering drawings and bills of material. Troubleshoots and tests frames to specifications.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Assembles load frames, consoles, and accessories from assembly drawings and bills of material. Uses hand tools such as torque wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, and pneumatic tools.
Load tests and troubleshoots load frames to Instron specifications. Sets up console, runs a program, or load tests to a fixture; judges proper operation from data on recorder. Makes assembly adjustments accordingly.
Maintains a clean and efficient work area.
Assists test engineers in troubleshooting mechanical problems encountered during systems test to ensure system is working to capacity.
Works with Manufacturing Engineering personnel in releasing new series equipment and solving assembly and design problems.
Knowledge, Skills, & Ability Required:
Must possess the ability to read and comprehend assembly drawings and bill of material. Must be able to follow assembly blueprints, wiring diagrams, written and verbal instructions. This is normally acquired through attainment of a technical high school education.
Must have a good mechanical aptitude and the ability to recognize and use tools normally utilized in the manufacture of heavy electromechanical equipment, i.e., overhead cranes, chains, straps, torque wrenches, indicators, etc. This is normally acquired in 2-3 years of electromechanical assembly experience.
Must have good working knowledge of hardware, basic measuring tools, along with the communication skills necessary to properly function in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.; package labels (minimum two person lift) will require two individuals for lifting each item or using lifting equipment.
Plant environment with exposure to dust, dirt, noise, and the hazards related to use of high force equipment lubricants and cleaning fluids.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with a great match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program.
Instron is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Electromechanical Assembler 3
Northrop Grumman - Xetron in Cincinnati, Ohio has an opening for an Electromechanical Assembler 3.
An Electromechanical Assembler performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables. Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws.
Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed. May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications. May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions.
Associates' Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology OR a HS diploma and 4 years of relevant experience
5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment in the Defense industry
Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
Knowledge and experience using SAP in a manufacturing environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
An ElectroMechanical Assembler in Cedar Park, Texas is currently available through Belcan. This job is with one of our Oil & Gas clients.
To be considered for this role, you will have a High School Diploma with four to five years of experience in an ElectroMechanical Assembler role. In this role, you will perform Performs tasks associated with assembly, repair, maintenance and upgrades to electrical equipment in a timely manner. This is a long term opportunity with a growing company.
ElectroMechanical Assembler Job duties:
Read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints, and schematics.
Operate machines or use hand tools and power tools to secure parts in place.
Mount assembly components on panel or printed circuit boards.
Connect component lead wires to printed circuits or routes and connect wires between individual component leads and other components using advanced soldering and crimping skills.
Install finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets.
Assemble and attach functional and cosmetic hardware to assemblies using hand tools and power tools.
High school diploma.
Experience in a Manufacturing environment
Demonstrate ability to read, interpret, and build assemblies based upon drawings and schematics.
Computer fluency with Windows operating system.
Good soldering and wiring skills as well as demonstrate a working knowledge of mechanical principles.
Must be able to lift 40lbs.
If you are interested in this ElectroMechanical Assembler job in Cedar Park, Texas, please apply via the apply now link provided or send your resume to email@example.com. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises.
We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed.
Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.
Versum Materials (NYSE: VSM) (versummaterials.com) is a best-in-class electronic materials company providing high-purity chemicals and gases, delivery systems, services and materials expertise to meet the evolving needs of the global semiconductor, display and LED markets. Derived from the Latin word for "toward," the name "Versum" communicates the company's deep commitment to helping customers move toward the future by collaborating, innovating and creating cutting-edge solutions.
A global leader in technology, quality, safety and reliability, Versum is one of the world's largest suppliers of next generation CMP slurries, ultra-thin dielectric and metal film precursors, formulated cleans and etching products, and delivery equipment that has revolutionized the semiconductor industry. Versum Materials operated for more than three decades as a division of Air Products.
An independent company since October 2016, Versum has annual sales of about US $1.1 billion, 2,200 employees and 14 major facilities in Asia and in North America. It is headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, United States.
NOTE: THIS IS A UNION, AFTERNOON SHIFT POSITION - 3:00 to 11:00 PM - MONDAY THRU FRIDAY
Versum Materials is seeking an Electromechanical Assembler for our Allentown, PA facility.
To apply for this position, please visit the Versum Materials Career Center. You can apply specifically to Job Req #205BR. www.versummaterials.com/careers .
Responsibilities for this position are to perform assembly and installation of mechanical, electrical and pneumatic components onto and inside of sheet metal frames and enclosures on equipment manufactured by Versum Materials Vultee Street facility. This job includes activities such as penetration and component layout, drilling cutting and tapping on sheet metal.
In addition, the Assembler will be responsible for cutting and bending stainless steel tubing, parts cleaning, mechanical finishing and labeling of systems during assembly. The Assembler is required to have knowledge of using safe hand tool use of drills (portable battery and drill press), taps, wrenches, sockets, crimp tools, volt ohm meters, micrometers, cutoff tools jigs and fixtures as are necessary to perform the duties of this classification. This classification requires inspection and general tool maintenance.
The position requires the Assembler to work within a clean area and cleanroom work environment. In the cleanroom, the Assembler will wear a cleanroom hair cover, face cover, cleanroom smock with Latex or Nitrile gloves.
High school diploma/GED
Must be a self-starting, motivated individual with good written and communication skills that will work effectively in a fast paced dynamic environment while following safety and process controls
Team and individual work must be completed while learning new equipment assembly and integrating continuous improvement
Must be able to interpret and follow written and verbal work instructions, mechanical and electrical schematics and engineering mechanical and point to point wiring drawings.
Must have electrical and wiring experience.
Physical requirements of this position include:
Assembly work requires lifting up to 40 lbs., 5 times per day, and transferring this weight to a cart either at the same level or down at knee height. Maximum lift is waist high, transfer to waist high, 50 lbs. 1% of the time.
The Assembler must be able to maximum vertical lift to any height 30 lbs. 40% of the time. Push or pull metal boxes on wheels that easy roll 200 lbs. 10% of time.
The Assembler is required to stand and kneel on ergonomic mats over concrete. Step up on one step, lean over a tilting lift table. Employee must be able to have full range of motion with their arms and legs.
No applications will be accepted at the Vultee St facility. You MUST apply online!
If you are a current Versum Materials employee, please apply online via the internal Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Versum Materials, will be contacted.
Versum Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic information or veteran status.
Electromechanical Assembler - 1St Shift
TRC Staffing Services is currently hiring for
1st shift Electromechanical Assemblers
In the Deland Area
This position will build electrical and electromechanical assemblies per applicable documentation and quality workmanship standards. These assemblies include cables, harnesses or chassis modules. This is a long term temporary position
Essential Functions of the Electromechanical Assembler:
- Assemble chassis components and electromechanical devices using a variety of hardware.
- Perform verification tests in accordance with assembly instructions.
- Recommend changes in documentation to ensure high quality results.
- High school diploma.
- Six months basic electrical assembly experience preferred.
- Ability to read and understand production drawings and assembly instructions
- Ability to build electronic assemblies.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Moderate noise levels.
- Typical light manufacturing environment.
Hours: 7: 30am 3: 30pm Mon Fri
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Direct Deposit (Weekly Pay)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday & Vacation Pay
- And More!
Email Resumes to:
Drug Screen and Background check required Only qualified candidates will be contacted
TRC Staffing Services, Inc. Is a drug free environment. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled
Based in Milford, MA, we are a the driving force of Surface-Mount Technology (SMT)! Established in 2001, our company has grown from a manufacturer of screen printers into a multi-faceted developer. We are currently THE provider of mechanical and electrical engineering design services in the nation.
What You Will Be Doing
Connect cables, tubes, and wiring, according to specifications.
Drill, tap, ream, countersink, and spot-face bolt holes in parts, using drill presses and portable power drills.
Click here to find the perfect career
File, lap, and buff parts to fit, using hand and power tools.
Inspect, test, and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
Measure parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and verniers.
Position, align, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly.
Read blueprints and specifications to determine component parts and assembly sequences of electromechanical units.
Attach name plates and mark identifying information on parts.
What You Need for this Position
Be able to use a variety of hand & power tools, fixtures,
Be able to read mechanical drawings
Be able to follow work instructions and procedures
Be able to use test equipment perform a series of operations to correctly assemble/test mechanical assemblies and equipment
Be able to assemble variety of mechanical and robotics equipment
Be able to work in fast pace environment
What's In It for You
Competitive base salary and overall compensation package
Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
401 (K) with generous company match
Generous Paid time off (PTO)
Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
Life Insurance coverage
1.Apply directly to this job opening here!
2.E-mail directly for more information to
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Electromechanical Technician Night Shift
1. Maintains and repairs machines, mechanical equipment, and buildings/structures.
2. Troubleshoots and repairs electrical circuits and switches, and interprets electrical schematics.
3. Inspects, diagnoses and problems solves to correct problems, frequently reviewing blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs.
4. Completes daily work requests as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
5. Performs routine preventative maintenance to ensure machines operate effectively and efficiently.
6. Responds timely to employee requests for assistance or repair to equipment and provides training to employees to minimize production downtime and improve efficient operation of equipment.
7. Assembles and completes set-up of machinery and equipment.
8. Completes documentation of repair work, daily journals, and other necessary reports.
9. Maintains organization and repair of maintenance shop, inventory room, and tools and equipment to ensure equipment and supplies are readily available and in working order.
10. Performs snow removal duties at all facilities.
11. Maintains route trucks.
12. Inspects and logs cooler temperatures daily.
13. Performs boiler and water softener tests daily.
14. Reports and/or corrects unsafe conditions or needed building/equipment repair to Maintenance Supervisor.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Associate degree in Mechanical or Electrical Technology and two or more years of experience with mechanical and electrical repair or a combination of education and experience is required.
2. Attention to detail, basic math skills, and having the ability to read, understand, and follow SOP's and GMP's is required.
3. Ability to work independently; manages one's own time, monitors individual performance, identifies problems and problems solves, using judgment in making decisions.
4. Ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and work in a team or independently with a positive attitude is required.
5. Focus on safety, quality, and productivity.
6. Dependability, flexibility, energy, and efficiency are required.
This is a night shift position working 3 - 4 12-hour shifts from 6 pm - 6 am, including every other weekend.
1. Associate degree or higher? (Mechanical or Electrical Technology or related preferred)
2. 2+ years of experience in mechanical and electrical repair?
Electromechanical Technician II - 2Nd Shift - (Rw11175)
Hawker Pacific Aerospace, Sun Valley, CA is seeking a 2nd shift Electromechanical Technician II to support its Landing Gear Electric Shop Department. Selected applicant will perform assembly and disassembly of aircraft electrical components in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and customer requirements.
Will perform continuity checks and troubleshoot electrical harnesses and components. Selected individual will work from complex and detailed assembly blueprints, verbal, and written instructions with minimum supervision. Overtime may be required per business needs. Other duties as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal applicant will possess a minimum of three (3) years prior experience working with aircraft electrical components; six (6) years preferred.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter, able to accept and complete assignments with minimum supervision, yet able to work within integrated product teams. Required Education: High School Diploma and two (2) years of college; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position may require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), or both. U.S.
Person preferred. Under U.S. law, a U.S.
Person is: a U.S.
Citizen, a U.S.
Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card status'), a Political Asylee or Refugee. Foreign Nationals applying for this position are subject to U.S. export licensing requirements in order to lawfully have access to technical data, including approval(s) from the U.S.
Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls or the U.S.
Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security. Prior written authorization from the U.S.
Department of State-DDTC or the U.S.
Department of Commerce-BIS, or both, must be granted, or the inapplicability of such requirements must be certified by the Empowered Official, BEFORE the applicant can work at Hawker Pacific Aerospace.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse test
Senior Electromechanical Maintenance Technician
Industry: Imaging / Manufacturing
Type: Full Time, Direct Hire
The Patriot Group is now recruiting for an experienced Senior Electromechanical Maintenance Technician to support our Imaging/Manufacturing Partner's production process in their Thermal Media Group at their Lawrenceville, GA manufacturing facility. A successful candidate will utilize their skills and knowledge to maintain manufacturing equipment as well as purchase and maintain spare parts inventory.
- Perform electrical and mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process. Perform operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Perform equipment modifications or other tasks to support manufacturing operations as directed by manufacturing engineers and/or management (e.g. install electrical conduits, wires, sensors, and controls per manufacturing/equipment engineer's specifications).
- Dismantle, adjust, repair, assemble and rebuild equipment, electronic system, circuitry, and computerized systems according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manual, rough sketches or drawings.
- Perform preventative maintenance, maintaining prescribed maintenance schedule.
- Maintain logs and records indicating malfunctions.
- May program and/or reprogram logic systems per engineering guidelines.
- Analyze manufacturing equipment and operations, write summaries to show deviations from standards or to show possible improvement, and capable of recommending and implementing modifications.
- Assist in the training of new employees and aide employees with questions regarding work standards.
- 2+ years of technical education
- 4+ years of technical experience with at least 2 years electrical and mechanical troubleshooting experience (i.e. PLC and relay systems) in a manufacturing environment required.
- Must have experience troubleshooting electrical circuit systems along with hydraulic and pneumatic repair skills and knowledge of A/C inverters and frequency drives.
- Experience in preventive maintenance systems, welding and mill/lathe experience preferred.
- Must have basic math skills including decimals and fractions.
- Must have good English communication skills required, with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work from equipment manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams, blueprints, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing and trouble-shooting functions.
- Must have knowledge of NEC and Hazardous material handling and disposal procedures.
- Basic computer skills. Experience with CMMS programs (inputting work orders, parts retrieval, etc) preferred.
Electromechanical Engineering Technician
Expert Level Test, inspection, cleaning, soldering & build of Elo development products to engineering designs/instructions
Run on-site single-person model shop to fabricate custom components for prototype build of touch-monitors and touch-computers
Responsible for maintenance of machinery to environmental and safety standards
Maintain compliant work environment by following all ISO, EH&S, 5s and/or other standards/codes as they apply
Evaluate new product designs (NPD) for manufacturability
Create detailed work instructions for Manufacturing for Rochester assembled product
Infrequent travel to customer or warehouse for product rework, troubleshooting
Potential for supporting new product development projects by creating vendor specifications, SAP BOM creation, component and system level specification technical writing
Support Manufacturing by creating assembly jigs, fixtures, and updating manufacturing
Review or create Service manuals for new products
Ideal Candidate shall possess the following qualities:
Organized – ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
Adaptability and ability to work under pressure – time management.
Effective problem-solving abilities – for technical issues.
Computer/electronics technician or engineer with a minimum of 5-years management
Experience working in a model shop environment experience utilizing the following equipment:
Mill, Belt Sander, FDM and SLA 3d printer, Laser Cutter for sheet metal, sheet metal bending and fastener installation equipment. Painting, Powder coating, Drill press, router, band saws
Working in an ISO accredited company
Knowledge, Understanding, & Experience with Quality Management systems
Experience running a model shop or lab in a prototype facility
Education and qualifications:
AS or higher in a technology field preferred
Electronics Technician Certification such as ISCET or equivalent preferred.
High School or GED required.
Specific Professional Skills/Competencies:
- Experience in building, analyzing and troubleshooting of electro-mechanical systems, software (i.e. Windows, Linux, Mac) and hardware (i.e. PC, monitor, All-in-one Touch-monitors)
- Experience and understanding with Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, Skype Business
- ERP Systems – SAP
- Familiarity with 5s methodology
Ability to lift up to OSHA single person lift requirements
Ability to sit, stand, bend or walk for prolonged periods of time
Ability to travel domestically and internationally unrestricted
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!