Assembler Helper Internal Combustion Engine Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assembler Helper Internal Combustion Engine
Manufacturing General Helper - Assembly (Inspector/Packer) 2Nd Shift
Schaeffler, a global automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking a Manufacturing General Helper (2nd Shift) at our Fort Mill, SC location. Position is responsible for operation of equipment and process in accordance with established process sheets and work instructions. The Manufacturing General Helper will assist the assembly process by part placement and complete assembly inspection.Key responsibilities include but not limited to:* Knowledge of how to load and unload machines
Keep all parts identified and properly organized in such a way as to avoid mixing
Ensure manufacturing area is cleaned and organized according to 5s* Follow department rules, procedures, routines, and requirements to complete assigned duties
Responsible for sampling parts during the assembly operation, to ensure parts meet blueprint specifications
Ensure that all components have been accepted and correspond to the assembly work order and blueprint
Qualified candidates will have:* Three months of work experience. Preferably manufacturing experience.
Ability to read and interpret blue prints
Ability to work overtime and weekends
High School Diploma or GEDSchaeffler is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/VeteransPosted by StartWire. Apply now!.
Software Engineer Intern
The intern will be making substantial contributions to our cyber security product line. They will write specifications for new features and implement those features. They will also review the specifications and implementations of features created by other team members. The candidate will need to demonstrate a proficiency in software engineering skills as well as verbal and written communication skills. Over the early phases of the position, they will need to show their ability to understand and use our software development processes and write software according to those rules.
- Basic understanding of LAMP, LAPP, or MEAN web application architectures
- Basic Linux skills
- Basic understanding of web application deployment
- Understanding of web application security
- Understanding of encryption algorithms
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- GitHub profile
- Must be a rising Junior or Senior enrolled full time for the upcoming semester in a college or university.
- Must have 6 months of work experience.
- Will consider organizational involvement in lieu of work experience including student organizations/clubs; volunteerism; community involvement.
- Arlington, VA
Lunarline is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lunarline that all employees and applicants for employment will be treated in all respects on the basis of their merit and qualifications and without regard to their race, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, gender, military status, marital status or ancestry.
Lunarline participates in the E-Verify program. Therefore, any employment with Lunarline will also be contingent upon confirmation from the Social Security Administration ("SSA") and/or the Department of Homeland Security ("DHS") of your authorization to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of theirnormal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Post a Job
Senior Software Development Engineer - Assembler & Cobol
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a technically related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in software development required.
- Technical knowledge in product implementation.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Technical knowledge in software development methodologies and design.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Assembler and COBOL in a Mainframe (Z/OS) environment
- VSAM, CICS
- Self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment
- Candidate must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Relational Database/DB2/SQL experience
- Familiar with the Agile development methodology
- Experience using Optimizer/Analyzer, Expediter, Abend Aid, FileAid or Interest
- General knowledge of QA Test tools and data repositories.
- Able to evolve to new technologies as presented
Senior Engineer - Internal Tools
NonePost a Job
Intern - Software Engineer
Description What is HERE? HERE collects, processes and serves out mapping data and services that cover the globe. We are independently operated, and owned by a consortium including BMW, Audi and Daimler. HERE services and data are used by companies such as Amazon, Garmin, Bing, and numerous automotive companies. HERE is a diverse and inclusive workplace, with an international work-force.
Job Description: We are seeking a talented Developer/Software Engineer for an intern position to work on web applications that are used to visualize complex traffic data on an AWS cloud environment! In this role, you will: * Read through the stories in Jira and understand your commitments
Catch up with your team on what was accomplished yesterday and planned for today
Discuss the design and implementation approach of a new feature, possibly negotiate AC's * Learn an existing code base so you can extend it with confidence
Write clean, fast code to implement new features
Make sure the existing code you are about to change has enough test coverage
Read or watch some tech article, learn new web development best practices, or read up on an upcoming Star Wars game
Deploy a stack into AWS with your code
Do a code review or respond to yours
Qualifications You are
Smart – We are looking for someone who can apply his/her experience and creativity to develop a web-based solution that enables our customers to inspect and visualize dynamic content data on our map.
Team Player – No man is an island! Our teams are highly collaborative. You believe that a team can accomplish more than one person working alone and continuous improvement is key to a team’s success. You will be scrumming with our on- and offshore Product Managers and Owners to finalize the requirements, work with architects on solutions design, code alongside your peers, participate in code reviews, and deliver fully tested code to production on a regular basis.
Driven – Figure it out! Creating and delivering valuable software is your top priority. You know your code will work because it has great test coverage. TDD and BDD are your main methods of achieving high test coverage. In order to deliver quickly and often, you believe automation is key.
Adaptable – Our products are still evolving and as they evolve our technical solutions evolve as well. You will be a key contributor to our products using your experience to influence product direction and deliver quality solution. You use processes like Agile and Lean to enable software development. You have experience or and can quickly learn
Coding in C# Object Oriented Development
Coding in HTML5, CSS3, and Responsive UI Design
Familiar with Agile methodology
Work with BDD and TDD * Work with HERE Map API’s * Work with AWS * Visited and laughed at xkcd.com Job: Contractor Schedule: Full-time Primary Location: North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago_W Madison St Req ID: 1700038202
Software Engineering Intern
Seeking a motivated and passionate Intern with solid computer science fundamentals to make a significant contribution to the Shutterfly Platform Services team. This position will report to the Director of Platform Engineering in Redwood City, CA.
The Shutterfly Platform Services group (aka Shared Services) is responsible for creating the next generation of platform services infrastructure for use by the both the company, and external partners. The platform infrastructure consists of frameworks for creating and regulating services, as well as the technology to monitor their health, report on their performance, test and deploy them, and generalized automation of tasks. We use the latest in industry standard Java technology at the core, and the latest trends in containerized deployments (i. e. docker/kubernetes, AWS). Come and join the effort in creating the next generation services platform for the company!
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, operations, and other members of the project team in requirements specification, feasibility analysis, detailed engineering analysis and launch planning
- Design and development of platform infrastructure components, particularly around monitoring, reporting functionality, automation and developer portals
- Contribute to best practices by helping author unit tests, functional tests and performance test automation.
- Work with middleware, enterprise buses and queues to help make services highly scalable and asynchronous in nature
- Participate in design reviews of infrastructure and framework components
- Ensure services are highly scalable to handle large traffic with very low latency
Key Skills and Experience
- Strong systems knowledge, installing, configuring software on Linux environments
- Comfortable with HTML5, CSS3 and general web application development
- Expertise in relational databases (one of Oracle/MySQL/Postgres) and SQL.
- Knowledge of web services and general services design, experience a plus
- Basic knowledge of the HTTP protocol
- Experience with all or some of the following technology is a plus Git, Perforce, MongoDB, Redis, Memecached, Java Spring framework, Eclipse, IntelliJ or other IDE
- Solid understanding of how the web and internet works
- Must be comfortable and experienced at the Unix/Linux command line
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering highly desirable
- Must have a positive, Can Do! Attitude and willing to have fun while working
Software Engineer Intern - Fall
A Quora internship is not an ordinary internship. There's no busy work. Every project that our interns work on is important to the company and its goals.
We value building a culture with strong engineering values and goals because we believe that it is the key to building a great company and product. Interns play an important role in this, as they work alongside full-time employees as equals, working on the same projects that help drive the company and product forward. We expect interns to become valuable contributors to the team, as they work hand-in-hand with people ranging from engineering to design to business development.
We also realize that mentorship is important to allow interns to grow and develop skills in areas which they're looking to improve. For example, every intern will have a full-time engineer as a mentor, and weekly 1:1s with their managers to get feedback and ensure things are going well. We also emphasize code reviews and hold weekly engineering tech talks to maintain high code quality and to optimize for learning the best engineering practices.Things we look for include:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience with web applications, databases, distributed systems, and machine learning a plus
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Love of the Quora product
To give you a taste of what interns could do at Quora, here are some projects interns have worked on in the past:
- Improving our JS packaging system for better client side performance
- Creating the next version of our machine learning systems for applications including related questions ranking, harassment detection, and duplicate question detection
- Optimizing our big data analysis pipelines running on Hadoop/Spark
- Providing advertisers a way to quickly estimate inventory availability for arbitrary targeting criteria in milliseconds
- Building the first version of our iPad app
- Extending Quora Sessions to allow multiple hosts to collaborate on a single SessionIn the future, interns can expect to work on the same projects as full-time engineers, which include:
- Product: build out and scale user-facing product features to drive engagement and help the product grow
- Platform: create the building blocks of Quora---the tools, abstractions, and frameworks that power our web and mobile products
- Mobile: build new features for our native iPhone and Android apps and create new APIs for our mobile platform using Objective-C and Java
- Infrastructure: enable continuous deployment of fast, cost-efficient, self-healing and scalable architectures to serve our ever-growing global traffic and storage needs
- Ranking & relevance: use machine learning and NLP/information retrieval techniques to solve problems of ranking, content quality, and personalization We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Product Engineering Intern
GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Read and follow work instructions, procedures, policies, and complete various forms and reports.
- Maintain good attendance, flexibility in job assignments, adaptability to changing business needs, and continually learn and apply new skills.
- Meet minimum physical and mental requirements with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Follow safety rules, procedures, guidelines and training given; maintain cleanliness of workstation/house- keeping; maintain good personal hygiene; recognize and report hazards to designated individual(s); participate in safety program(s); report accidents/injuries immediately; practice safe work habits.
- Communicate well and get along with team members, actively listen, ask questions to understand, provide encouragement, and work safely and collaboratively to support a cooperative and positive team environment.
- Seek and learn from feedback and be open to suggestions and change. Conversely, provide less proficient team members feedback to assist in their learning.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide engineering support to the Design & Engineering teams to include:
- Create detailed part drawings per HF standards
- Execute drawing packages from Solid Works models
- Enter data in Design Portal
- Create full size metal sketch drawings
- Create simple Solid Works models (parts, glass, etc.)
- All other duties as assigned.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequent finger dexterity to operate office equipment such as fax, copier, telephone, computer, etc.
- Effective oral, written, and technical communication to all co-workers and customers.
- Frequent sitting, standing, squatting, bending, reaching and occasional walking.
- Mobilize self freely throughout the entire manufacturing plant and office area.
- Meet the objectives and methods of the company mission.
- Meet expectations as defined by performance review grid, at a rating of acceptable or better.
- Follow standard operating procedures, use process documents, follow safety rules, and comply to department specific requirements.
- Maintain reliable attendance and meet the time commitment required.
- In conjunction with other team members, meet customers needs and preserve excellence in customer service.
- Work productively and sustain high quality work products.
- Respectfully communicate with others, share information, offer support, identify problems and propose solutions, and address issues fairly and directly.
- Support and participate in a cohesive and productive team environment throughout all work processes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Although this facility is compliant with VOSHA regulations, the employee while performing the duties of this job, is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock. The noise level is usually low to moderate.
- Safety glasses and closed toe and back shoes are worn at all times while working on the production floor. Office equipment such as a computer and printer are used; hand tools such as box cutters, scissors, staple pullers, tapers, tape measure, pneumatic and standard staplers are used.
- Expectation of 40 - 45 work hours per week on average.
Agropur is currently hiring for an Engineering Intern. Position Summary:Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the engineering intern will work closely with Project Engineers on drafting and project design using AutoDesk software.
The Engineering Intern will convert paper drawings to electronic plans. They will also be instrumental in the creation of a drawing file database to organize plant drawings. Main Duties:Takes active participation in design reviews, design changes and the development of all projects when required.Prepares 2D and 3D design drawings using AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and/or Plant 3D.Effectively communicates with internal customers regarding designs and changes.Reads, understands and discusses technical requirements, plans, drawings, etc.Determines and follows quality and safety requirements, from a design perspective, in accordance with company needs, based on current standards, and best design practices.Receives guidance on technical issues from Project Engineers and Director of Engineering.Generates and prepares, as required, technical reports.Keeps all engineering clerical tasks up to date and filed properly.
Technical Competencies:Job requires solid technical knowledge and skills along with project planning capability.Ability to resolve complex problems and issues.The candidate shall have problem-solving abilities as well as a three-dimensional conceptual ability.Ability to draft and comprehend technical drawings.Microsoft Office experience required. Qualifications:Knowledge of manufacturing industry preferred.Proficiency with 2-D CAD using AutoCADProficiency with 3-D CAD systems is not required, but helpful.The candidate shall have an understanding, but not required, in the use of GD&T standards. Non-technical Competencies:Excellent communication skills.Ability to work with confidential documents in high energy fast paced environment.The candidate shall have effective communication skills to be able to interface among all internal disciplines.Other important skills are creativity, attention to detail, computer literacy, technical knowledge, and the ability to work to deadlines.Ability to prioritize and multi-task work assignments.Strong work history demonstrating professionalism, ability to maintain confidentiality and work attendance.Have a professional appearance and manner.
Work Conditions:Requires the ability to communicate with employees and vendors in an office and manufacturing environment. Requires the ability to frequently use the computer and telephone. Also requires the ability to work safely around a construction environment.
AA/EEO Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender IdentityFor more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://agropurus.applicantpool.com/jobs/141206-41058.html
Post a Job
Software Engineering Intern
As a Software Engineer intern you will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge on premise appliance based and cloud based email security products. You will be working closely with product managers, customers and developers to develop, test and deliver new and innovative features in a continuous delivery model. We need a great engineer to enhance our test infrastructure so that we can continue to improve our time-to-market by increasingly leveraging Continuous Integration and automated regression testing. So, if you've got what it takes to excel in this role, we would like to talk to you!
- Excellent coding skills with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Shell
- Knowledge of networking technologies and protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, SMB/CIFS, NFS etc
- Knowledge and experience developing software on Unix/Linux
- Experience working with open source
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Software build management, deployment and test automation with Selenium, Jenkins etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology is a plus
- Good understanding of security, encryption and controls needed to protect information