Assembler Ii Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assembler Ii
More information about this job
Why should I be interested in this position? Opportunity to work in a world-class assembly operation What will be the most CHALLENGING part of my position?
Variety of valves and aftermarket products to be built What about this job will I find EXCITING? Center of Excellence - Talented team How will my boss help me move my career forward?
Support What do I need to accomplish in the first 3-6 months in order to be successful?
Learn Grow Improve What are the 3 things I MUST HAVE in my background in order to be considered for this position? Problem Solving Self-Motivation Work Ethic Control Components Inc., an IMI Company, is the world's leading expert in providing engineered valve, actuation, and control solutions that enhance performance and reliability in critical plant applications. Power generation, oil and gas production, petrochemical, and pulp and paper facilities worldwide all rely on CCI’s high integrity control systems for the safety of their operations. With more than forty years of providing critical service applications to clients, CCI has nearly 1800 employees worldwide and revenue of approximately $400 million. This global organization has manufacturing facilities in the United States, Mexico, China, Switzerland, Sweden, Austria, the Czech Republic, South Korea, and Japan; sales and services offices in over fifteen countries and representatives in over sixty other countries. The company has grown aggressively over the past fifteen years as a result of both organic and acquisitive (SULZER, BTG, STI, Fluid Kinetics, ABJ) growth and plans to continue this pattern over the next decade.
Overview Performs precision assembly and subassembly of valves and actuators to meet critical operating requirements with close tolerances, by performing the following duties.
Responsibilities Under limited supervision performs precision assembly and subassembly of valves and actuators to meet critical operating requirements with close tolerances.
Mounts a variety of actuator accessories and can connect them according to schematic drawings using appropriate fittings, neatly bent tubing, and modified bracketry as required for the particular job.
Makes judgments regarding the most efficient mounting methods/locations for the various accessories based on required function, cost, and maintainability.
Checks parts for cleanliness, fit, finishes, and defects in material or workmanship.
Uses assembly fixtures, hand and power tools, and testing devices, as required.
Selects and uses gauges and measuring instruments to test for leakage.
Sets up for and conducts hydrostatic and seat leak tests on assembled valves and leak tests actuators.
Detects and reports faulty operation and/or defective material to supervisor.
Completes neat, clean test reports and other required paperwork on the tested valves and actuators.
Keeps work area and equipment neat and orderly, including returning department fixtures and tools to their proper storage at the end of each task.
Hooks up and moves material, equipment and products to, within and from the work area by hand, pallet jack, forklift or overhead crane.
Performs other assembly or assembly related tasks, as assigned.
May be assigned to other work areas, such as crating, as required.
Must have sufficient understanding of all CCI products to assemble, perform all normal tests, and troubleshoot and find solutions to problems with minimal supervision.
Must have sufficient knowledge of normally used pneumatic-actuator accessories (manual, pneumatic, elect pneumatic, and electronic devices + Able to work from complex and detailed assembly drawings.
Must be able to perform basic positioner calibration and basic instrument adjustments to achieve proper operation of the accessory.
Must possess good maintenance mechanical skills to assemble, calibrate, test, and troubleshoot medium to large valve assemblies.
Must be able to follow associated instrumentation from drawings and verbal instructions.
Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and pneumatic, electro-pneumatic, and schematics.
Must be able to build and test actuators, read and plumb per schematics, set-up and test valves.
Must own general assembler tools.
Must be willing to work overtime and weekends Education/Certification/Skills
HS Diploma or Equivalent Job ID2017-30913# of Openings1
Job LocationsUS-CA-Rancho Santa Margarita
PlatformIMI Critical Engineering
Use this job description
Temporary to Permanent
Schedule: FT, Mon – Fri, 1st shift (7am – 3:30pm)
Start date: ASAP
Contact: Email resumes or letter of interest to Rose Crane - [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]JOB DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for installing piping, fixtures, wiring, and electrical components. Candidates should be able to carry out detailed instructions efficiently, within a team based environment.
- Position, align, fasten and install piping, fixtures, or wiring and electrical components
- Using hand tools, rivet guns, and welding equipment
- Assemble components of a product or an entire product
- Able to use schematics, blueprints, wiring lists and instructions to assemble/modify units
- Conduct basic electrical testing
- Assist and support others as necessary
- Perform other functions or duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS:- High-school/Associates or equivalent experience
- 2-5 Years’ Experience
- Applicants must have experience with soldering, manufacturing, and production
- Basic understanding of hand tools (i.e. soldering iron, pliers, wire strippers), testing devices, and measurement devices (i.e. calipers)Use this job description
Job Details Job Title Assembler II Job ID 13951 Location Indianapolis, IN Full/Part Time Full-Time Favorite Job Regular/Temporary Regular Why Join Altec?
If you’re considering a career with Altec, Inc., there’s never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That’s why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that’s why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work “Safer and Smarter.” Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec’s values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values (in alphabetical order): Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To prepare, assemble and install vehicle and/or chipper components to required specifications for Mechanical, Hydraulic, Electrical, Unit and Finish departments.
• Use and conduct proper care of PPE.
• Read and interpret schematics (blueprints).
• Read and interpret work orders.
• Use basic hand tools such as tape measure and specialty equipment.
• Learn and operator all equipment within the work area (cell).
• Perform rework as required.
• Support APS (Altec Production System) initiatives. May participate in RCI events.
• Willing to move to other work areas in order to support production needs. (Cross-train)
• Install unit vehicle and/or chipper components and accessories.
• Testing of installed components.
• Mastery of mechanical, electrical, or hydraulics with trouble shooting skills.
• Willingness and ability to train new/current associates.
• Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices.
• Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment.
• Maintain daily time records.
• Other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Previous Altec experience is preferred.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
• Basic computer usage knowledge required.
• Ability to read tape measures, blue prints, and schematics required.
• Proficient knowledge of at least one of the following required.
o Manufacturing / Production processes
• Ability to obtain Forklift certificate if required.
FINANCIAL BUDGETING, CAPITAL, AND/OR MANPOWER RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Keep a clean work area (5S).
• Assist co-workers and group leads as needed.
• Participate in RCI events.
• Knowledge of Altec programs and/or systems.
• Shift work (3rd) may be required.
Responsibility for Safety:
• Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
• Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
• Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
• Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
Use this job description
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Codman Neuro is the Neurological business focused on neurosurgery, neurovascular and neuromodulation, offering a broad portfolio of solutions including programmable shunt systems, catheters, trauma monitoring devices, drug pumps, neurovascular coils, liquid embolics and vascular reconstruction devices.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for Assembler II in San Jose, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
Perform medical devices assembly work using microscope and small hand tools such as tweezers, and razor in a Clean Room environment.
Understand and apply all manufacturing procedures and other necessary documentation as it relates to the product line; and work with assigned equipment and recognize mechanical problems as they arise.
Comply with all safety, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP); May provide training to other team members as requested by Line Lead, Supervisor or Manager; and Perform other duties as assigned.
High School/Secondary Education or Equivalent required
Experiences and Skills:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers; Able to apply basic measuring techniques including scales, rulers, metric and U.S. measurement
Must be able to work over-time as requested
2 years related experience required
Previous experience in medical device assembly preferred
Solder experience preferred
General knowledge of clean room practices and procedures preferred
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Attendance and Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time; Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
United States-California-San Jose
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
Use this job description
Production Worker/Carton Assembler II
We are seeking Production Worker/Carton Assembler II to join our team at our Atlanta, GA plant.
General labor in the glass manufacturing industry.
Must be able to work safely in a hot and loud environment.
Must be able to work rotating shifts on all 7 days of the week.
At least 18 years of age.
High School Graduate or GED.
Must be able to lift 25 lbs. on a regular basis.
Must be able to work a rotating schedule, with weekend and holiday requirements. Typical rotation: 5 days on 1st shift followed by 2 days off/5 days on 3rd shift followed by 2 days off/ 5 days on 2nd shift followed by 1 day off/back to first shift.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please submit an online application.
NO WALK-INS, PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE
About O-I: Owens-Illinois, Inc. (NYSE:
OI) is the world's largest glass container manufacturer and preferred partner for many of the world's leading food and beverage brands. The Company had revenues of $7.0 billion in 2013 and employs approximately 22,500 people at 77 plants in 21 countries. With global headquarters in Perrysburg, Ohio, USA, O-I delivers safe, sustainable, pure, iconic, brand-building glass packaging to a growing global marketplace.
O-I's Glass Is Life movement promotes the widespread benefits of glass packaging in key markets around the globe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Use this job description
Assembler - Lighting
Assembler – Lighting
- Electrical or mechanical assembly/custom assembly
- Experience with hand tools
- Experience with blue prints, schematics, work instructions
- Manufacturing environment
Are you ready to start working immediately and looking for a position that gives you the opportunity for growth? If so, Manpower is currently hiring motivated individuals on behalf of Steelcase. Steelcase has been one of the leading office manufacturers for over 100 years.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
What’s in it for you?
$100 bonus after 30 and 90 days worked
Very clean environment with opportunities for advancement
$25 quarterly attendance bonus
Need to be able to read, process, and scan tickets to match product to necessary packaging.
Will be standing the entire shift.
Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
Ability to Bend, twist, grab
Ability to work Saturdays and overtime when requested
Ability to meet/understand Steelcase Safety Requirements
High School Diploma or GED
Stop your job search and apply today.
We love referrals so please share our job with friends and family. Also, check out Manpower’s career platform with tools and resources to prepare you for today and tomorrows’ jobs at www.manpower.com/mypath
Assemble, install, seal, rig, inspect, and complete precision and other structural and system components, working from drawings, documents, process specifications, quality control requirements, and established processes and procedures. Functional test and correct, fit form and function of assemblies and components.
- Obtain required information from prints, charts, sketches, work instructions, documents, verbal and electronic information
- Use shop mathematics and precision measuring and or test instruments to complete work assignments and functional test assemblies and components
- Utilize tooling in the assembly of components into sub-assemblies or end items
- Verify work performed is per work instructions and meets process and/or engineering specification. Identify discrepancies found per applicable procedure
- Ensure equipment and tool certification occurs per procedure
- Perform routine minor machine maintenance as part of their daily work duties (e.g., where applicable, replacing machine filters, changing standard light bulbs on machines and equipment, maintaining lubrication/coolant levels, etc. as related to basic Total Preventative Maintenance duties)
- Routinely move product within the immediate manufacturing work area, including across isle, using shop assigned equipment as required, and complete transactions necessary to move product to the next operation
- On an exception basis, move product to the next operation within a building
- Perform work within allotted schedules
- Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training and assisting employees at all classification levels
- Assist in the training of other assembly personnel in assembly, installation and inspections techniques.
- Cross trains in inspection and becomes SIA qualified
- Required Skills:
- Operate measurement and testing equipment, machines, and devices in accordance with established procedures
- Load, locate, and unload, parts and assemblies
- Disassemble and prepare assemblies to accomplish rework, repair or change incorporation on completed assemblies
- Drill, saw, file, sand, build up, trim, fit, and fasten parts to meet production requirements utilizing any required hand or power tools
- Fabricate, assemble, and install systems elements
- Maintain or repair tools, shop aids, equipment, and facilities as necessary to accomplish work assignments including first-level maintenance on machines and equipment
- In order to be considered for this 2nd shift opportunity, candidates must possess a minimum of 6 months of aircraft structural sheet metal experience or have successfully completed Aero Structural Training
- Candidates must also possess the willingness to work assigned shift and overtime as required as well as the ability to work on concrete floors, uneven surfaces, and in confined spaces, as well as walk on open floor beams, climb on stairs/scaffolding, crawl/kneel in work station, and lift/move parts and/or tools
- Candidates must pass the Work Keys Assessment (www.workkeys.com)
Job Description: Openings for 1st and 2nd shift position
Position requires Steel Toe Shoes
Previous manufacturing assembly experience highly desirable
Under the direction of production supervision, the Production Assembler 1 builds the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, meeting company production standards,customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Ability to read and comprehend English assembly instructions, assembly drawings, and procedure manuals. Ability to operate a computer and communicate one on one with other employees of the organization.
Assemble products, following work instructions ensuring the highest quality products, meeting company product standards, production goals, and customer specifications and delivery requirements.
Use this job description
Other required skills:
- assembly: 1 year
- Driver's License