Assembler Mechanical Ordnance Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assembler Mechanical Ordnance
IAM hourly represented employees who currently work at the main (Sunnyvale/Palo Alto) unit, Santa Cruz, VAFB or Eastern Range facilities cannot apply for this position through the on-line career network system. If you are a current hourly employee and you want to be considered for this position, you must submit a valid electronic placement request to Labor Relations.
This is a Santa Cruz Facility position: Perform assembly operations such as cutting to proper length and preparing sleeving and detonation cords, mixing and applying potting compounds, trimming and surfacing molded surfaces, measuring and loading charge caps, and assembling parts into completed assemblies using tooling when required; weighing, mixing and applying adhesives to metal and non-metal surfaces. Set-up and operate a variety of Semiautomatic machines such as laser welders, presses, strippers, crimpers, drills, stampers, cutters, hydrostats and curing equipment.
Perform rework of the same level of difficulty as other work described. Use all the tools, such as knives, torque wrenches, diagnols, tweezers, simple measuring devices and potting gun. Materials and equipment necessary to complete the job.
Basic Qualifications Ability to read and understand work authorizing documents. Knowledge of assembly shop practice. Must be able to use basic arithmetic.
Desired skills Ability to communicate effectively. Basic computer skills such as Word, Excel and email. Knowledge of basic shop math and ability to read blueprints.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
*Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Job Location(s): Santa Cruz California
Electro Mechanical Assembler
Applies technical knowledge and excellent hand/eye coordination to assemble semiconductor laser diode components, subassemblies, and other products according to approved drawings and written procedures while complying with FDA, ISO & GMP standards.
- May work under the tutelage of higher level assemblers.
- Read work orders, routings and bills of materials.
- Assemble high quality assemblies using manufacturing procedures, assembly prints, schematics and bills of materials.
- Use a variety of hand tools including, but not limited to, tweezers, soldering irons, screwdrivers and the like.
- Use a variety of equipment including, but not limited to, wire bonders, die bonders, cleaving machines, wire pull testers, fiber positioners, capping and sealing equipment, fiber preparation equipment and a variety of test equipment.
- Where applicable, will adhere to all Lean Manufacturing and Kanban Pull processes.
- Works within OSHA, ISO, FDA and GMP regulations.
- Assume different roles in the company as business requirements dictate. May work for multiple manufacturing groups in the company, reporting to different supervisors throughout the course of any 12 month period.
- High school diploma.
- One to three years’ experience in manufacturing operations, preferably in an FDA / ISO environment.
- Experience building lasers or equivalent high technology products preferred.
- Excellent hand/eye coordination and ability to assemble under a microscope.
- Ability to read assembly procedures, prints, bill of materials and schematics.
- Ability to work with other employees as a team.
- Prior Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Kanban Pull processes a plus
Most recently, Syneron-Candela was acquired by Apax Partners, a leading global private equity advisory firm. This acquisition is a strong recognition of Syneron Candela leadership in the aesthetic medical device market, its leading world-class technology and unique global footprint. These exceptional assets are a result of the many years of hard work of our skillful and dedicated employees all over the world. We are confident that Apax will add significant value and expertise as Syneron Candela executes on its growth strategy while delivering innovative technologies to our customers and patients. We are looking forward to this partnership to continue its strong growth trajectory, and to seeing the even greater benefits it can deliver for customers and patients.
Warehouse Worker Mechanical Assembler
Apprentice Personnel is looking for experienced Mechanical Assemblers
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand and walk for 8 hr
- must be mechanically inclined
- energetic individuals needed
- experience in auto mechanics or similar backgrounds
- know the use of basic tools
- detail oriented
- reliable and can have good attendance
- Temp to hire position
I HAVE CLIENTS LOOKING FOR GOOD WAREHOUSE WORKERS MANY LOCATIONS!!!
- Competitive pay
- Weekly Checks
MUST BE 18 yrs of age.
- Must be friendly, and personable
- Must be able to work in heat conditions
- Must be able to take direction & work independently
Join the TEAM today!
Local manufacturer in Round Rock, TX is seeking qualified Mechanical Assemblers. Our client has a genuine care for their employees and demonstrates that commitment by offering competitive pay, good benefits and an opportunity to learn new skills. In addition, there is an opportunity for overtime. If you have experience with schematics, soldering and reworks, apply today to become a part of an renown organization!
- Ability to interpret dimensional tolerances and mechanical layout
- Ability to read and follow wiring schematics for cable connections
- Knowledge of fine pitch electronic assembly including J-STD soldering certification ( past or present) and assembling at using greater than 7x magnification
- In process inspection of parts and drawings
- Performs complex rework
- Builds prototypes from drawings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Completion of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- At least 5 or more years related experience or training; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to perform measurements with scales, calipers, various gauges, and hand micrometers
- Ability to hand or machine load sockets and straight pins
- Ability to perform adjustments to tools and equipment
- Ability to perform self-inspection of assemblies
Electronic Mechanical Assembler
- Soldering of complex electrical components, cables and harnesses
- Maintains the Assembly, Disassembly and Repair of Electronic Parts
- Completes Work Order Forms for Parts
- Ability to use multiple types of crimpers for wires, solder gun/iron, tape measure, and wire stripping machine
- Completes diagnostics and trouble-shooting by analyzing equipment
- 1+ years electronics repair and soldering experience
- Hand soldering skills
- Certification in soldering, preferably JSTD and/or Mill Standard preferred
- Experience with electronics and electronic components and an understanding of the electronic assembly process
- High school diploma or GED required; Advanced technical education, AA degree or certifications a plus
- Familiarity with test and troubleshooting methods for complex electronic equipment
- Ability to interrupt procedures and operate test equipment
- Must be a team player with good communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to complete all required paperwork
- Successful candidate has to be able to perform duties with minimum supervision
Mechanical Assembler - Covers
Valmet Corporation is a leading global developer and supplier of services and technologies for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our 11,000 professionals around the world work close to our customers and are committed to moving our customers’ performance forward – every day.
- Assembler / Disassemble of bearings, housings and water cooling apparatus.
- Repair and maintain the operating condition of industrial production equipment
- Record parts and materials used as well as prepare time and production records as required.
- Clean, lubricate and adjust parts, equipment and machinery.
- Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs
- Observe and test the operation of machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using testing devices such as micrometers
- Read blueprints and manufacturers’ manuals to determine correct installation and operation of machinery.
- Maintain a safe and clean working area.
- Operate carpentry tools, saws, presses and drills.
- Responsibility for quality of products.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Two year associated degree with a minimum of 2-5 years of manufacturing experience required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Access.
- Learn and apply specifications and assembly/disassembly procedures for paper machine equipment which includes reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings.
- Experience with CAD a plus
- Be able to record and document all work performed using required forms, checklists and shipping documents.
- Capable of wearing and using a respirator and other safety equipment.
- Full range of physical movement and able to use equipment to lift and move considerable weights, with the capability of lifting between 25 to 50 lbs.
- Ability to learn new processes, procedures and tasks.
Assembles metal boxes that house electrical components.
The metal boxes are of all sizes (from 6'x2'x1' to 20'x 10'x8').
You must know how to use a cordless drill and impact drill. Also, be able to read a tape measure.
The ideal candidate will have a willingness to learn, coupled with the ability to improvise adapt and overcome problems. They must have a passion for mechanical assembly, participating in cross-functional training and process improvements. This leader’s primary responsibility will be comprised of Mechanical assembly, and completing work orders to ensure on time delivery, maintain a standard for quality workmanship all while complying with all requirements of internal and external customers. Attention to detail, focus on meeting operational goals and communication are key behaviors required for success. Most importantly, this candidate embraces change and focuses on continuous operational and process improvements that further enhance the customer experience with SP’s products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and assemble various segments of mechanical systems and top-level assemblies as well as lower-level components and sub-assemblies under the direction of the immediate supervisor. Prepare equipment for testing.
- Interpret and use drawings, process procedures and other written documentation to complete preparation and assembly of components.
- Fabricate simpler components using various items including hand tools, power tools, fixtures, jigs, drills, taps, saws and other tools and tooling. Form, prepare and align copper, brass and plastic piping along with associated bracketing and hardware. Braze, solder and bond piping as may be required. Mount various assemblies and components.
- Perform required metal treatment processes per documented procedures and work instructions; processes include polishing, painting, and passivation.
- Meet documented specification requirements and quality standards in a cost effective and timely manner. Track all extra expenditures and locate methods to reduce costs and improve the product quality. Suggest changes for improved operations and cost savings.
- Use various types of material handling equipment including hand trucks, carts, forklifts, scissor lifts, cranes, etc. where required and available.
- Maintain a neat, clean and organized work area. This includes the entire assembly section and completing your 5s duties and responsibilities. Delegate as required.
- Complete paperwork accurately and in a timely manner as required in the manufacturing process such as: Time and Attendance Sheets, Assembly Routers, Non-conformance Records and Test Record for your section.
- Follow all safety policies, precautions, recommendations and procedures as may be applicable.
- Attend meeting as required and ensure that you are able to assist other sections and key personnel as required. Meetings are, but not limited to, Quality, Daily PIM, at section and Company, Safety and any as deemed necessary.
- Maintain an accurate headcount on all personal and all equipment associated with assembly. Disseminate maintenance work orders and coordinate with adjacent sections, vendors and ensure that you have enough raw materials to continue daily duties.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and work instructions in compliance with SP's Quality Management System. Complies with all company policies, procedures and work instructions to ensure continued ISO certification.
- Assist other production departments or operations areas based on workloads and needs. Assist in other non-production areas as may be required by supervision and management. Complete any all tasks as needed by SP Industries.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Minimum high school graduate level required.
- Demonstrates capability to become ASME certified.
- Technical School a plus.
- Must be able to do Shop Math
- Must be a Universal Technician; EPA 608 certified.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and adjust focus between near and far objects.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, crawl, bend and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to work from ladders, scaffolds, and lifts.
- Some work is performed in tight spaces with difficult access.
- The employee is regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds.
The employee is regularly required to handle tools utilizing various energy sources- low and high voltage, pneumatic, hydraulic -of low to high power.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The shop contains mobile equipment, machinery, and high voltages.
- The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing protection in some areas.
- The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air conditioned.
- Some shop processes use high voltage arcs or concentrated magnetic fields.
Software Powered by iCIMS
SP will provide assistance to read an application to the visually impaired if necessary.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy is to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Electrical Mechanical Assembler
Pay: $ 13-$14 DOE
Hours: 6am-8am start time 8 hrs per day Mon- Fri
- Looking for a self-starter who can manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Assembling and Testing various types of entertainment lighting fixtures and effects (e.g. confirming specifications, dimensions, weights, DMX traits, system menus, user manuals, accessories).
- Experience Soldering
- Working with PC Boards
- Testing electrical voltage
- Perform quality checks consistent with the shop drawings.
- Inventory/replenish parts to assembly stations.
- Maintain equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Work with various groups of employees in team based environment
- Ability to work effectively with multiple team members to accomplish these tasks is a must. Candidate must be a fast learner, able to take direction, and adjust focus accordingly to meet ever-changing demands and/or priorities.
- Must be able to lift and move 50 lbs. minimum from ground floor to 2nd level office
- Must show proof of eligibility to work in the United States
We all worked with and for some of the big names in the industry and became increasingly frustrated with our experience. We collectively found that while larger companies had name recognition they did not focus on any true specialty.
In our experience, we learned that in order to truly be a successful talent partner for our clients, you needed dedicated professionals who were experts in identifying "key skill" sets in their recruiting fields.
As fate would have it, our collective paths crossed. We often spoke of our common frustrations and determined we would open our own corporation so that we could get it right!
Since opening we've been overwhelmed by the positive response. Both our clients and working colleagues are pleased to have an organization that finally understands their needs!
Mechanical Assembler - Extruded Aluminum
Item Midwest America is the exclusive distributor and full service center for Item America LLC in the upper Midwest, the market leader in structural aluminum research and design. We are a part of a full service automation solution provider; serving customers needs for mechanical design, automation control solutions and engineered systems.
We are currently experiencing rapid growth in our aluminum product line and are in need of mechanical assemblers and designers to build custom machine guarding, lean production lines, and workbench systems. You can view the Item aluminum product line and see examples of applications at www.itemmidwestamerica.com.
We currently have an opening for a mechanical assembler. We are seeking creative, technically inclined individuals with the following qualifications:
- Experience with T-slot assemblies and construction with extruded aluminum profiles.
- Ability to work with both US imperial and metric measurement systems.
- Excellent basic math skills. Able to optimize use of raw materials to minimize waste.
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints, and follow written directions.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of power and hand tools. Tools include drills, T-squares, tape measures, screwdrivers, Allen wrenches, reciprocating saws, etc.
- Basic Computer skills: email (Outlook), printing, label making, internet searches as required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet Company quality standards (including but not limited to neatness, accuracy, attention to detail, legible handwriting, etc.).
- CAD knowledge for reading/revising drawings.
- CNC knowledge.
- Previous customer facing experience in a sales or service capacity.
Education: High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
Physical: Must be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds. The position requires periods of standing, sitting, reaching, stooping, bending and lifting.
M-F, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Overtime may be scheduled dependent on the needs of the business.
Benefits: This is a full time position eligible for a full complement of benefits. We offer paid holidays, vacation time and sick days. Insurance programs include comprehensive health and other insurance coverages for employee and families. Workers compensation insurance is provided. We offer a professionally managed 401K savings program with a generous company match.
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Item Midwest America, a division of Kim Controls, is the exclusive distributor and full service center for item America LLC in the upper Midwest. item is the market leader in structural aluminum research and design. As the original developer of modular aluminum framing, item offers unmatched quality, along with a wide range of product offerings and accessories to address customer challenges and solutions . Cutting edge fastener technology and profile selection can accommodate virtually any load or application with ease.