Assembler Metal Building Job Description Sample
Metal Building Assemblers And Iron Workers Needed
We are seeking to hire welders, iron workers, and metal building installers for work in Opelika, AL. If interested, please e-mail GGARTMAN@MCG-CONTRACTING.COM
Pay will vary with level of expertise and skill.
MCG Contracting offers Blue Cross/Blue Shield health and dental coverage after 90 days of continuous employment. Our staff is always accessible throughout your employment with us.
Metal Building Steel Erector
My company is looking for a Self motivated, Energetic employee with metal building erection experience. Also preferably able to possibly run a crew of 5 at some point after promotion. We would like experienced hands that don't mind traveling out of town from time to time. Our general work area is usually within 50 miles.
Outside Sales Representative - Metal Building Insulation (Mbi)
The Sales Representative, Metal Building Insulation (MBI) is the focal point for selling MBI systems and accessories through establishing and maintaining working relationships with commercial contractors and metal building manufacturers. The primary responsibility is to increase sales revenues and margins through effective territory management.
- Exceed sales and margin goals for the assigned territory
- Plan and conduct outside sales visits on a regular and active basis
- Exceptional and timely follow-up skills with both customers and co-workers
- Effectively communicate all information required to customers or internally
- Capability and desire to learn products, markets, and sales within the company framework
- Expand the sales volume and profits within the territory by actively calling on new and existing customers
- Use effective pre-call planning, market information, scheduling, and CRM system to maximize sales opportunities
- Develop strategic sales plans and forecasts for the territory
- Identify and pursue additional sales opportunities in current and new product lines
- Effectively communicate and turn over order details to Customer Service
- Prepare and present quotations, proposals, reports, correspondence, and product/industry presentations to customers and/or all levels within the company
- Report on weekly sales activities, operations, and forecasting information via company CRM system.
- Timely submission of expense reports
- Utilize the company CRM system to build a database for collection and reporting of all account calls, prospects, activities, objectives, and results
- Participate in company improvement programs such as strategic planning or continuous improvement programs
- Participate and network in various industry associations and functions
- Attend training and trade shows as required
- Plan sales activities/trips to maximize sales coverage and maintain travel expenses within budgets
- Other duties as assigned
- Championing Customer Needs
- Prioritizing and Organizing Work
- Driving for Results
- Establishing Relationships
- Managing Time
- Customer Focus
- Business Acumen
- Decision Quality
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving
- Technical Learning
- Written Communications
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or some college preferred
- Experience: Five years outside sales experience; experience in Metal Building Insulation (MBI) preferred, or experience selling in construction building materials or related field required.
Demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and CRM; ERP Systems/Order entry experience is a plus
Excellent ability to organize work, plan, prioritize and multi-task
Strong written and verbal communications skills with high attention to detail are essential; bilingual ability is a plus
Strong technical/mechanical aptitude; develop working knowledge of all products; Experience reading and analyzing blueprints proficiently; possess construction industry acumen, with a preference for the ability to interpret and apply applicable energy codes to quotes and presentations.
- Licensing/Certifications: Valid driver’s license
- Motivation, Judgement & Influence: Candidate must be a self-starter with a high energy level and the ability to work with minimal supervision; must possess solid business judgment and have the ability to influence people
- Work environment: General office environment and non-climate controlled warehouse
- Overnight Travel: Ability to travel overnight 2-3 nights per week-up to 36 weeks per year
General office environment and occasional exposure to non-climate controlled warehouse. Requires standing, sitting, driving, use hands, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, read, talk and hear; the employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds; specific vision abilities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Distribution International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Distribution International provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected
Headquartered in Houston with locations throughout North America, our expansive network ensures customers of unparalleled technical expertise, convenient custom fabrication service and timely delivery via our in-house fleet.
Because many of our customers do business around the world, our export division negotiates and expedites all international orders and shipments.
We represent the manufacturing icons of our industry with broad product lines that provide a wide range of benefits in energy conservation, reduced greenhouse gas emissions, increased process productivity, condensation control and enhanced worker safety, all of which significantly increase our customers.
Metal Building Installers
Will install pre-fabricated metal buildings. Assist with framework, sheet metal, trimming and scaffolding when needed.
MUST be able to work outdoors in the elements, not afraid of heights and have steel-toed boots.
Ability to lift 50 lbs and read tape measure.
Metal Building Erector
Tennessee Industrial Maintenance, LLC is seeking METAL BUILDING ERECTORS AND CREW LEADERS for current and upcoming projects throughout middle Tennessee. Our metal buildings division is growing and we need your help!
Experience with red iron, sheeting and trim, standing seam roof preferred.
- Must exhibit a strong proficiency in safety
- Must be willing to work any shift including nights and weekends when necessary
- Must submit to pre-employment background check and comprehensive drug screen
Starting pay based on experience and qualifications. Candidates may be asked to perform a skills test and/or complete a written exam as part of the interview process.
Metal Building Sheeters
Summary Sheet metal buildings by performing the following duties. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Gathers tools and materials necessary for sheeting operations.
Measure and cut metal sheets as directed by crew leaders/foremen.
Bolt sheets to the metal frame of the building.
Clean up job site as necessary. Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management
- Communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication
- Able to read and interpret written information.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership
- Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust.
- Change Management
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Accepts feedback from others.
- Quality Management
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness
- Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support
- Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Language Skills Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations OSHA 10 or 30 is a plus. Other Qualifications Must be able to travel; have own tools and steel toed boots; pass pre-employment drug screen; e-Verify Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Dunn Building Company is a design-build general contractor with offices in Birmingham, Mobile, and Athens, AL. Dunn travels all over the southeast specializing in complex concrete foundations and metal building erection as well as industrial maintenance. We offer opportunities for long term employment with growth through mentoring, cross training, and technical education. Dunn offers unmatched benefits including Blue Cross Blue Shield medical/dental/prescription insurance, Aetna life/disability insurance, EyeMed vision care, Colonial Life supplemental insurance policies, 401k, paid time off, paid holidays, bonus potential, and discounted company apparel.
Metal Building Erector
Experienced Metal Building Erector needed! Must have experience in erecting PEMB structures. Must have NCI certification. Must have 5+ years experience as a Metal Building Erector in construction.
MIG Welding experience is a plus.
Other requirements: Must be able to read a tape measure and cost steel to specifications. Must be able to take direction on the job and be a team player. Must have reliable transportation. Must be able to travel. Must pass a background check and drug test. Overtime hours possible.
Benefits: AFLAC policies available
Metal Building Erectors/Ironworkers
We are currently seeking experienced Metal Building Erectors/Ironworkers for a large industrial project located in Millport, AL. If you are interested in speaking with us, please apply today or stop by the job site office at 14715 AL Hwy 96 in Millport to visit with a superintendent.
Candidates must attend a safety orientation and pass a drug screen. Baldwin & Shell offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit package as well as a great work environment.
Sheet Metal Assembler - Spokane/Airway Heights (1682-804-3)
Perform a series of basic operations using a variety of hand tools, power tools, fixtures, work instructions and test equipment to properly assemble sheet metal aircraft components. Inspect completed work for conformance to Production Planning, verbal and written instructions, sketches and specifications.
* Using hand and power tools, scribe, grind, punch, deburr, fit, and drill a variety of sheet metal detail parts, sub-assemblies or complete units by adjusting alignment and mating pieces to ordinary tolerances.
* May perform sizing, riveting, reaming, spotwelding, poke tacking, and braze preparation.
* May detect and provide input for resolution to faulty operations.
* May check for prescribed dimensions in jigs, fixtures or with calipers, micrometers, height gages and other inspection devices.
* Develop understanding of how the work being done produces a quality part.
* Perform basic repairs such as scratches.
* Follow written instructions and drawings.
* Maintain a clean, organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions.
* Perform all work in accordance with established standards and safety procedures.
* Ensure proper documentation is entered on manufacturing planning (including correct quantities) and paperless timecard system.
* Work under direct oversight.
* Able to read and understand manufacturing planning and sketches.
* Knows when to stop and ask for clarification.
* Must be able to use mathematics relevant to functions.
* Requires familiarity with machine tools, precision instruments and good manual dexterity.
* Requires the ability to follow demonstrated steps.
Demonstrate proper and safe operation of equipment, and personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, safety glasses/full face shield, hearing protection, heat reflective body garments and gloves as required.
* Physical Requirements
The assembler performs physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and frequent movement of the whole body, such as climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, balancing and handling of material.
Exotic Metals Forming Company LLC is committed to non-discrimination in employment and other opportunities. Exotic Metals Forming Company LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics
Systems Assembler - Metal Operations
- Metal Operations
Tracking Code 1141-056
COMPANY OVERVIEW Knoll is a constellation of design-driven brands and people, working together with our clients to create inspired modern interiors. Since 1938, we’ve been thinking about how people interact with their environments, and how their environments impact what they do. Our strength in office systems, seating, furniture, textiles, leather, architectural accessories allows us to compose integrated solutions from products and services that naturally work together. To learn more, visit www.knoll.com at http://www.knoll.com/
POSITION PROFILE This is a 2nd shift position (hours are 1:45pm
- 9:45pm) The Systems Assembler in Metal Operations 2nd shift works in multiple areas of the department on a rotation. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability and willingness to read and interpret associated paperwork with all job functions, measuring devices, set-up and operates all air tools, electric and hand tools in a safe manner.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Ability to visually identify colors, sizes, insides/outsides, lefts/rights and tops/bottoms
Ability to know which way to measure product to ensure the customer is receiving the correct product
The ability to inspect, wrap and pack all product to meet Knoll quality and ISO standards
Must have manual dexterity
Ability to read and interpret work orders and make various decisions
Ability to use computer to check product locations, and obtain information about work orders
Ability to read and interpret a tape measure
Ability to operate the scanner and label machines
Knowledge of ISO work instructions and quality criteria, know where they are kept
Ability to maintain satisfactory workflow to ensue on time production
Math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
Ability to perform repetitive work on a daily basis
Focuses on performance, quality control, on-time and flexing
Shows initiative, flexibility and the desire to assist fellow associates as the task at hand requires
Takes ownership for all aspects pertaining to their current job assignment (safety, quality, output, etc.)
Performs all their duties in an open and objective manner, utilizing a “best practice” mindset to drive continuous improvement in all job related functions
Participates in Kaizen events to improve job functions
Completes their job requirements in a manner that supports and promotes several key company work-life objectives (safety, quality, productivity, on-time order completion, etc.)
Performs daily housekeeping of work area before the end of the shift
Develops into a Safety & Quality Champion
East Greenville, Pennsylvania, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular We are an equal opportunity employer. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!