Assembler Metal Building Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assembler Metal Building
Metal Building Assembler
Summary Lay out, position, align, and fit together fabricated parts of structural and sheet metal building products to weld, bolt or screw together by performing the following duties. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Plans sequence of operation.
Moves parts into position.
May weld as needed (if certified).
Straightens warped or bent parts.
Positions or tightens braces, jacks, clamps, ropes, or bolt straps, or bolts parts in positions for welding or bolting.
Operates aerial lift or scissor lift (if certified) to reach higher elevations for connecting. Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: + Analytical
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management
- Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication
- Able to read and interpret written information.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership
- Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust.
- Change Management
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Accepts feedback from others.
- Quality Management
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness
- Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support
- Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Experience One to two years related experience and/or training. Language Skills Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations OSHA 10 or 30 is preferred. First Aid/CPR is a plus. Welding certification is a plus. Other Qualifications Must be able to travel; have own tools and steel toed boots; pass pre-employment drug screen; e-Verify Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Dunn Building Company is a design-build general contractor with offices in Birmingham, Mobile, and Athens, AL. Dunn travels all over the southeast specializing in complex concrete foundations and metal building erection as well as industrial maintenance. We offer opportunities for long term employment with growth through mentoring, cross training, and technical education. Dunn offers unmatched benefits including Blue Cross Blue Shield medical/dental/prescription insurance, Aetna life/disability insurance, EyeMed vision care, Colonial Life supplemental insurance policies, 401k, paid time off, paid holidays, bonus potential, and discounted company apparel.
Steel Metal Prefab Building Construction Manager
STEEL METAL PREFAB BUILDING CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
We are looking for a unique individual to rebuild a successful Steel Metal Prefab Building Construction Division within our successful general contractor business.
You can run your own division without the overhead and administrative paperwork nightmare.
You provide the leadership, the know-how, the experience in commercial and industrial plumbing management. We supply the investment, the HR department, the A/P, A/R, the structure, and all the other overhead. Together we create a successful subcontractor business. Without you taking the risk.
You must be entrepreneurially-minded, results-driven, self-motivated – ready to run your own business unit.
We are a $20 million general contracting company. We have the customers, the jobs, the resources, the manpower. We are family owned and friendly – we expect hard work and reward it with good pay, and loyalty to our team. We offer good benefits, a few perks and a good working environment.
If this is you – write a three paragraph cover letter telling us why, and send your resume.
This is more than a superintendent, a supervisor, a foreman – this is running your own steel construction subcontractor division.Post a Job
Sheet Metal Assembler
Our company is currently seeking a Sheet Metal Assembler to join our team! You will be responsible for assembling Sheet Metal Components on our Shop Floor.
- Assemble Sheet Metal Components Using Various Fasteners & Rivets
- Previous Experience in Sheet Metal Assembly
- Previous Experience Using Huck Rivets/Fasteners
- Previous Experience Using Pop Rivets
- Previous Experience Reading Drawings & Blueprints
- Previous Experience Using Hand & Air Assembling Tools
Painter- Decaler - Auto Body Prep - Sheet Metal Assembly
We are recruiting EXCLUSIVLY for MICKEY TRUCK BODIES!!
IMMEDIATE NEEDS LISTED BELOW:
AUTO PAINTER........... Experience painting auto body, sheet metal, or aircraft is a big plus toward landing this job!
Auto Decaler........... Experience with decaling autos, boats or similar.
Chassis Prep.......... Experience with both welding and wiring.
Auto Trim Out......... Experience running wires, wiring, plugging, etc.
Auto Body Prep....... Experience with auto body prep including trim out.
Assemblers.......... Experience with sheet metal and/or must be excellent with hand tools and overall assembly.
If you have a good work history and EXPERIENCE, clean criminal record and can pass a drug test… then apply immediately by resume.
These jobs pay excellent for candidates that have the required experience and skills.
These are temp-to-hire positions that offer hire-in at the completion of 400 hours worked.
Sheet Metal Assembler - Pinellas Park, FL
Description: Sheet Metal Assembler 1st Shift / 4 days
- Shift: 6:00am to 4:30pm. Or 6:30am to 5:00pm (Mon-Thurs, Fri's off).
- No Tools Required!
- Compensation: $19.00 per hour / $28.50 per hour Overtime
- This is a contract to hire position.
The Sheet Metal Assembler performs a variety of operations to manufacture, assemble and/or refurbish aircraft parts and structures.
- Controlled tooling as well as build to print.
- Aligning parts on jigs using both templates and fixtures
- Performs part-fitting operations such as minor filing, sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, drilling, reaming, riveting, countersinking, and cold working.
- Measures parts with a variety of methods to verify dimensions.
- May modify incomplete and complete assemblies to incorporate changes and perform repairs.
- Works from blueprint diagrams, drawings, specifications, and shop orders.
- Monitors and verifies quality and develops corrective action.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal Candidate will have:
- 1 +years of sheet metal assembly experience (aircraft sheet metal structure experience preferred).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Mathematical ability to perform and/or understand the calculations used in assigned areas and ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications and technical data.
- Competently uses computers and other systems to access, maintain and manipulate data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Responsibilities and
Associated topics: assemble, assembler, assembly, installation, reassemble, re assemble
- 1 +years of sheet metal assembly experience (aircraft sheet metal structure experience preferred).
Metal Building Foreman
Speedway Erection Service Company is now hiring Foremen for metal buildings. The Foreman reports to the Superintendent, and must be able to manage the job when the Superintendent is off site. The Foreman will drive and direct the work flow of the daily tasks while maintaining a fast pace but safe work environment. This includes erection of steel, sheeting of roof and walls with or with out insulation, trim work and other various tasks as needed. In addition to ensuring these tasks are complete, the Foreman will take a hands on approach to help get the job done. The Foreman will ensure that all crew members are following all Company and job site safety regulations. The Foreman must be able to handle stressful situations and have a proven track record of completing jobs safely and on time. The Foreman must be an individual that is dependable, takes initiative, and pays attention to detail.
Full time 40 hours + /week, benefits, pay based on experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a metal building foreman on small and large scale projects
- Must be willing and able to travel
- Must have a clean driving record and valid drivers license
- Ability to interpret and comprehend metal building drawings.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and communicate with crews, general contractors, and other sub contractors.
- Delegating work to crew members and ensuring work is done correctly and in a time efficient manner
- Experience with standing seam roof systems. (Experience with IMP's a plus)
- Hands on work required
- Operating boom/man lifts, scissor lifts, and forklifts.
Pre-Engineered Metal Building Erection Foreman
B-D Construction, Inc., an established General Contractor, is seeking an experienced Pre-Engineered Metal Building Erection Foreman. Previous experience managing PEMB Steel Erection Crews is required. Wages DOE.You should have valid driver's license, reliable transportation and be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening. Erection of Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings (PEMB), including primary and secondary steel, metal roofing and siding with insulation, and sheet metal trim work. Job Benefits: B-D Construction, Inc.B-D Construction offers a competitive salary
Competitive Benefits package
Insurance and 401K PackageVacation and Paid HolidaysTransportation to the jobsite
Equal opportunity and drug free workplace
Please send resume and apply in person at: B-D Construction, Inc. 2154 E.32nd Ave. Columbus, NE 68601 Job Type: Full-time
Associated topics: autocad, building information, civil designer, design, engineer, implement, project engineer, structural, structural designer, transportation
Post a Job
Metal Building Erectors
Will install pre-fabricated metal buildings. Assist with framework, sheet metal, trimming and scaffolding when needed.
MUST be able to work outdoors in the elements, not afraid of heights and have steel-toed boots.
Ability to lift 50 lbs and read tape measure.
Associated topics: crude, diameter, diamond, environmental, geology, mine inspector, mining school, ocean mining, oil rig, rock mining
Post a Job
Metal Building Erector/Iron Worker
Metal Building Erector/Iron Worker
Conco Inc., leader in the commercial construction industry is seeking metal building erectors/iron workers. This position is generally responsible for the efficient and successful erection of commercial buildings. Candidates must have at least 1-3 years of experience in the erection of metal buildings and possess knowledge of metal building operations; Current valid driver s license is required. For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button or apply in person at our office located at: 3051 N. Ohio Wichita, KS 67217.
Every qualified is required to adhere with the following employment requirements:
- Current valid driver s license is required.
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Physical.
Benefits that are unique to this opportunity are:
- Excellent paying hourly position with opportunities to increase
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- 401k with matching benefits .
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Prescription plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care expenses
- Paid Life insurance
- Career stability with a successful company that has over 40 years of quality reputation
Conco is an equal opportunity employer; minorities and females are encouraged to apply.
Conco Construction is recognized as a leader in the commercial construction industry and is the premier source for high-quality construction, a safety first workplace attitude, and a family-oriented work environment. Conco employs skilled craftsmen in all trades and provides a steady year round work environment. In addition, Conco provides our employees with an industry leading benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Flex Spending Account, 401k, life insurance, and referral incentive program. Above all, Conco provides a work environment that is family oriented and one which continuously gives back to employees.
Associated topics: burner, gas metal arc welding, grinder, iron, pipeline, railing, spot weld, steel, tig, weld Post a Job
Facilities Hvac/Sheet Metal Coordinator
Modern techniques like lean supply chain management, business and supply chain analytics are other key tools to develop a state of the art supply chain management strategy.
All above being important, we firmly believe that all good supply chain management comes from starting with how you best serve the customers and then develop the strategies to support this in the best and most efficient way.
The ideal candidate will convey a safety-conscious attitude, both on the job and while driving. Serve the clients by expertly servicing and repairing heating and air conditioning components.
Test each system after each service or repair is performed prior to leaving the client?s home to make sure that the system is working properly and that we did indeed fix it right the first time. Make sure that the client is 100% satisfied with all work.
Additionally, the candidate must possess an excellent work ethic and great communication skills, allowing them to provide top notch customer service to our customers who always come first. Must have 1 to 2 years in the HVAC Industry and be able to pass background and drug test.
Most work is weekdays, but some evenings and weekends are required. Our compensation package includes monthly bonuses and benefits. The selected candidate will receive a sign on bonus.
Facts matter. Facts stay facts when they are collected from the root source and are reviewed through highly experienced eyes . With the right expertise and tools, fact-based decision making can improve efficiency, drive profitability and growth.
Post a Job