Assembler Metal Building Job Description Sample
Metal Building Assemblers And Iron Workers Needed
We are seeking to hire welders, iron workers, and metal building installers for work in Opelika, AL. If interested, please e-mail GGARTMAN@MCG-CONTRACTING.COM
Pay will vary with level of expertise and skill.
MCG Contracting offers Blue Cross/Blue Shield health and dental coverage after 90 days of continuous employment. Our staff is always accessible throughout your employment with us.
Metal Building Sheeters
Summary Sheet metal buildings by performing the following duties. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Gathers tools and materials necessary for sheeting operations.
Measure and cut metal sheets as directed by crew leaders/foremen.
Bolt sheets to the metal frame of the building.
Clean up job site as necessary. Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management
- Communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication
- Able to read and interpret written information.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership
- Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust.
- Change Management
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Accepts feedback from others.
- Quality Management
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness
- Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support
- Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Language Skills Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations OSHA 10 or 30 is a plus. Other Qualifications Must be able to travel; have own tools and steel toed boots; pass pre-employment drug screen; e-Verify Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Dunn Building Company is a design-build general contractor with offices in Birmingham, Mobile, and Athens, AL. Dunn travels all over the southeast specializing in complex concrete foundations and metal building erection as well as industrial maintenance. We offer opportunities for long term employment with growth through mentoring, cross training, and technical education. Dunn offers unmatched benefits including Blue Cross Blue Shield medical/dental/prescription insurance, Aetna life/disability insurance, EyeMed vision care, Colonial Life supplemental insurance policies, 401k, paid time off, paid holidays, bonus potential, and discounted company apparel.
Metal Building Steel Erector
My company is looking for a Self motivated, Energetic employee with metal building erection experience. Also preferably able to possibly run a crew of 5 at some point after promotion. We would like experienced hands that don't mind traveling out of town from time to time. Our general work area is usually within 50 miles.
Metal Building Laborers
Metal Building Laborers Wanted
Work in the Greater Chicagoland Area.
Meco Erection, Inc. An award winning builder and erector specializing in pre-engineered design build products, commercial, industrial and religious facilities for northern Illinois, Indiana and southern Wisconsin. Meco specializes in safety, quality and production. We deliver quality work at a reasonable price. Meco has certified welders, operators, roofers and installers. Meco is certified for water tightness warranty work for most pre-engineered metal building products.
This company was established with an emphasis on quality and production at a reasonable price. Our business has grown by repeat customers and referrals. We do projects from very small box frames to large crane buildings. Meco retrofits, reworks and remodels many types of pre-engineered metal buildings. We have certified roof installers that can meet the needs of many types of repairs and roof leaks.
Call: for more information
Meco Erection Inc. - Morris, IL.
Metal Building Erectors/Lead Man
Speedway Erection Service Company is now hiring Experienced Metal Building Erectors and Lead Men.
40 hours + /week, benefits, pay based on experience.
- Minimum of 2yrs experience with metal buildings and components
- Must be willing and able to travel
- Must have tools and PPE.
- Operate boom/man lifts, scissor lifts, and fork lifts.
- Able to complete tasks with little or no direct supervision
Lead Men must have 3 + years experience and must have some ability to read and interpret metal building drawings.
Metal Building Erectors
Design Systems Builders, Inc. has a need for Experienced Metal Building Erectors for construction projects in the middle Tennessee area. Work for an established, reputable, employee-owned company on commercial construction job sites where safety is priority #1. Benefits include four paid holidays after one month of employment, one week of paid vacation after one year of employment, monthly safety bonuses, overtime pay for Sunday and holiday work, insurance benefits at 90 days of employment, 401(k)/profit sharing, and employee stock.
- Must have at least 3 years of metal building construction experience;
- Must have dependable transportation;
- Must be willing to work out of town if needed; and
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
Two Ways to Apply:
- Upload a resume through this web site; or
- Apply in person at main office Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. - 2971 Kraft Drive, Nashville, TN 37204.
Design Systems Builders, Inc. has been a part of the Nashville community for more than 50 years. Our qualified staff safely erect 1 - 2 million sq. ft. of Butler products each year placing our team among the highest producers of Butler products in North America.
Metal Building Detailer
We are seeking specifically a Metal Building Detailer to become an integral part of our team! This is a Full Time position and work from Home opportunity.
Willing to hire intermediate to expert level draftsperson. Salary will be based on experience level. Base salary is $40,000 per year if you meet basic qualifications. Max salary of $60,000+ will depend on experience, abilities, proficiency and accuracy.
- Proficient in Autocad
- Familiarity with MBS (Metal Building Software)
- 2 yrs+ Experience Detailing and/or Checking
- Ability to be consistently accurate
Systems Assembler - Metal Operations
- Metal Operations
Tracking Code 1053-056
COMPANY OVERVIEW Knoll is a constellation of design-driven brands and people, working together with our clients to create inspired modern interiors. Since 1938, we’ve been thinking about how people interact with their environments, and how their environments impact what they do. Our strength in office systems, seating, furniture, textiles, leather, architectural accessories allows us to compose integrated solutions from products and services that naturally work together. To learn more, visit www.knoll.com at http://www.knoll.com/ .
POSITION PROFILE This is a 2nd shift position (hours are 1:45pm
- 9:45pm) The Systems Assembler in Metal Operations 2nd shift works in multiple areas of the department on a rotation. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability and willingness to read and interpret associated paperwork with all job functions, measuring devices, set-up and operates all air tools, electric and hand tools in a safe manner.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Ability to visually identify colors, sizes, insides/outsides, lefts/rights and tops/bottoms
Ability to know which way to measure product to ensure the customer is receiving the correct product
The ability to inspect, wrap and pack all product to meet Knoll quality and ISO standards
Must have manual dexterity
Ability to read and interpret work orders and make various decisions
Ability to use computer to check product locations, and obtain information about work orders
Ability to read and interpret a tape measure
Ability to operate the scanner and label machines
Knowledge of ISO work instructions and quality criteria, know where they are kept
Ability to maintain satisfactory workflow to ensue on time production
Math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
Ability to perform repetitive work on a daily basis
Focuses on performance, quality control, on-time and flexing
Shows initiative, flexibility and the desire to assist fellow associates as the task at hand requires
Takes ownership for all aspects pertaining to their current job assignment (safety, quality, output, etc.)
Performs all their duties in an open and objective manner, utilizing a “best practice” mindset to drive continuous improvement in all job related functions
Participates in Kaizen events to improve job functions
Completes their job requirements in a manner that supports and promotes several key company work-life objectives (safety, quality, productivity, on-time order completion, etc.)
Performs daily housekeeping of work area before the end of the shift
Develops into a Safety & Quality Champion
East Greenville, Pennsylvania, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular We are an equal opportunity employer. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Metal Assembler needed for production warehouse environment! Ideal candidate will be detail orientated and eager to learn! We also offer great benefits!!!
Assembles routine seals and bearings products under direct supervision
Will weld spring to obtain proper spot weld using a DC resistance welder.
Loads spring in jackets or ball bearings into inner raceways
Greases product where necessary
Cleans and deburrs seals and bearings
Prepares package labels when applicable
May do some Soldering, wiring, and small detailed work
Minimum 1-2 years of assembly experience
Must have basic math aptitude and computer skills
Ability to use Q.C. measuring tools preferred
Ability to use various hand tools (cutters, scissors, welders) preferred
Ability to read basic blue prints a plus
*Kaiser Major Medical Plan
*Direct Deposit option
*We cover 60% of the monthly premium
*Upgrade and Family Options
Metal Building Erector
Description Tradesmen International is seeking highly motivated Ironworkers to join our team. As an Ironworker, you will be responsible for installing or dismantling iron and steel beams, girders and columns to form buildings, bridges and other structures. An Ironworker must be willing to work in high places, have a good sense of balance, and be alert to potential danger to themselves and others. As an ironworker, you must be extremely safety minded as work can often be dangerous and strenuous.
Erecting and/or dismantling structural steel frames of structures
Reinforcing/tying rebar in concrete construction
Placing and setting heavy machinery
Operating forklifts, cranes and other heavy equipment to lift steel columns, beams and girders according to blueprints
Unload and stack prefabricated steel
Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of steel structures
Connecting columns, beams and girders with bolts or by welding them into place
Using metal shears, torches and welding equipment to cut, bend and weld steel
Company Details In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Dental and vision plan
Prescription drug plan
Short-term disability + 401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
Tool purchase programs Tradesmen International is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Recruiter Name Linda Davis
CategoryIron Worker - Steel
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!