Cable Assembler A 1St Shift
Cable Assembler A 1st Shift
Ducommun is a global provider of manufacturing and engineering services, developing innovative electronic, engineered and structural solutions for complex applications in aerospace, defense and industrial markets. Our full-service collaborative approach, broad capabilities and value-added services like new product introduction, supply chain strategies and program management deliver value for our customers and innovative solutions for their complex electronic and structural needs.
Job Summary & Essential Functions:
Perform assembly of cable harnesses including crimping, routing, layup and other related assembly operations required to manufacture product. Training will provided. Tasks may vary by department and customer specifications. The Cable Assembler A is considered an entry level cable position with potential advancement to a Cable Assembler B which requires a higher skill set and ability to perform more complex assembly operations.
% of Time
¨ Read and follow production / inspection documentation pertaining to specific assemblies.
¨ Data collection and record keeping as necessary.
¨ Accurate document, stamp and sign off on each task as required for appropriate processing of paperwork.
¨ Various preparation and termination operations such as the following: bundle build up, fluroetch, shrink sleeving, lace tie cables and wire, connector preparation, braid termination, hand buzz, disassembly, mylar, blow on jackets, and hand twisting.
¨ Hot mold clean-up
¨ Complete in-process inspection
¨ Strip wires/crimp termination/insertion/pin retention
¨ Verify wiring
¨ Perform identification process—electroetch or ink
¨ Torque backshells/torque test/faying (resistance) checks
¨ Sandblast/clean parts
¨ Spiral wrap
¨ Install hardware (bandits, ID's, tie-wraps, etc.)
¨ Support and cooperate with other coworkers to achieve the desired goals of the program or department.
¨ Various other tasks (may include the following): Apply primers, fluroetch, solder sleeves, solder tin wires, splices, ferrule crimps, torque (program specific), non-certified solder (e.g., F-16) or any tasks mentioned in the Assembler job description as necessary.
¨ Train other coworkers as needed.
¨ Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
¨ Work safely and be aware of surroundings.
Skills & Qualifications
Required Skills & Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
* Ability to perform basic math functions including the use of decimals and fractions.
* Ability to use simple charts, tables, specifications and adjustable measuring instruments;
* Checking or preparation of forms and records.
* Ability to regularly work from detailed instructions and to make minor decisions requiring some judgement on the part of the employee.
* Requires frequent concentration and alertness.
* Vision Requirements – corrected vision acceptable (20/40). Must be able to distinguish colors.
* Required to use materials as listed (may vary by department): alcohol, MEK, rubber/latex/cloth gloves, fiberglass, various wire, tapes (Teflon, fiberglass, ceramic, etc.), paper, solder, flux, potting or molding compounds, sealant, primers, various electrical components, braids (copper, PTFE, stainless, etc.), various metals (copper, stainless, etc.), protective packaging material, epoxies, spiral wrap.
* Required to use hand tools as listed (may vary by department):: various measuring devices, various wrenches, pliers, crimpers and other hand tools, various gauges, fixtures and tools, carts, strippers, banding tools, cutters, hot tweezers, heat gun, dremel tools, solder pot.
* Required to use equipment as listed (may vary by department): Material handling equipment, computers, automatic equipment (strippers, banding tools, wire cutters, ID, etc.), test equipment, fork truck (certification may be required), ovens, freezers, sandblaster.
* Do not meet the requirements to bid on a Cable Assembler A position if currently classified as a Cable Assembler B performing the same job but at a higher skill level.
Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered. List in bullet fashion what they must possess.
Six (6) months electronics assembly experience preferred.
* IPC-620 – Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies.
* Solder sleeve certification.
* Physical Demands (reasonable accommodations may be made, if necessary):
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand - Continuously 10 lbs or less - Frequently
Walk - Continuously 11-20 lbs - Occasionally
Sit - Continuously 21-50 lbs - Occasionally
Climb – Occassionally 51-100 lbs - N/A
Crawl - Occassionally Over 100 lbs - N/A
Squat or Kneel - Occasionally
Bend - Occassionally Push / Pull
Fine Manipulation - Frequently 10 lbs or less - Occasionally
Reach Outward - Occasionally 10-20 lbs - Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder - Occasionally 20-50 lbs - N/A
Drive – N/A 50-100 lbs - N/A
Over 100 lbs - N/A
N/A (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation
Occasionally - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (.25 - 2.5 hrs/day)
Frequently - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5 hrs/day)
Continuously - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements:
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Include things such as safety glasses, safety shoes and other designated personal protective equipment as required for the position.
* Light manufacturing environment.
* Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Required PPE determined by work area. May include: safety glasses; steel toe shoes; hearing protection.
1505 Maiden Lane
Joplin, Missouri, 64801
POST JOBS FOR FREE