Assembler Subassembly Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assembler Subassembly
Subassembly Manufacturing Engineer (2Nd Shift)
Subassembly Manufacturing Engineer (2nd Shift)
Type of Position:
Available (VERY competitive benefits)
Are you looking to work for one of the world’s most innovative and exciting aerospace manufacturing companies... to make a difference... to change the world... to reach for Mars and beyond? Are you smart, driven, innovative, and looking for a company that will fully utilize your talents? HRU Technical Resources has partnered with a major aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company to place a Subassembly Manufacturing Engineer. In this role, you will have the opportunity to utilize your knowledge, experience, and creativity to develop novel solutions at the cutting edge of space technology. You will work on launch vehicles that will deliver satellites into earth orbit, ferry humans to and from the international space station, and ultimately extend humanity’s reach beyond the earth and moon. Subassembly Manufacturing Engineers are the bridge between design and manufacturing launch vehicles. In this role supporting low volume, high complexity COPV and other pressure vessels, you will have the opportunity to enable increased throughput of existing lines and develop manufacturing methods for new products. You will also be supporting low volume, high complexity large fabricated structures. You will have the opportunity to enable increased production rates of current processes and develop manufacturing methods for new products.
-- Assist design engineering in identification, testing, and selection of tank joining processes.
-- Facilitate production of flight-qualified pressure vessels at increasing production rate while reducing cost.
-- Own the launch vehicle’s first and second stage tank manufacturing processes.
-- Develop and revise production processes, procedures, equipment, tooling, and layout.
-- Drive design for manufacturing and assembly during new product development and improvement cycles.
-- Resolve complex manufacturing defects and eliminate root cause.
-- Responsible for developing and qualifying new processes to take products from development to production.
-- Resolve manufacturing discrepancies and interface with the quality team to implement efficient corrective actions.
-- Find and eliminate process waste, streamline production process and enable continuous improvement.
-- Identify, plan, and execute capital equipment, machine, and layout upgrades to the meet volume production demand.
-- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team (design, build, and reliability engineers) and operations to efficiently build pressure vessels on schedule.
-- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical/electrical/aerospace engineering or physics.
-- 2+ years of mechanical design and manufacturing experience from either industry or collegiate engineering projects such as Formula SAE, Baja SAE, or Design Build Fly.
-- Minimum 1 year of metallic manufacturing experience such as: machining, welding, drilling, and automation.
-- Experience in mechanism assembly operations, floor layout, stamping, CNC, or Controls.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
-- Experience with large metallic structures manufacturing processes
-- Hands on machining experience preferred.
-- Knowledge of manufacturing processes for pressure vessels and COPVs.
-- Experience with Unigraphics / NX and Teamcenter CAD and PDM systems for component and tooling design.
-- PLC troubleshooting and programming experience with Allen Bradley and/or Siemens technology.
-- Technically well-rounded and displays a proficiency in the basic principles of compressible and incompressible flow, thermodynamics, thermochemistry, mechanics, materials, and electrical circuits.
-- Expertise in design for manufacturability and design for assembly: successfully taking products from development to production.
-- Experience in process development, value stream layout, PFMEA, and Error-Proofing.
-- This is a hands-on position that requires one to be on their feet for up to 4+ hours a day.
-- Will sometimes be working directly with the hardware on the floor and will have to be comfortable stooping, bending, and standing.
-- Must be willing to work long hours and weekends as needed.
2nd shift (generally runs from 3pm to 1am with some flexibility)
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State..
Assembler - Lighting
Assembler – Lighting
- Electrical or mechanical assembly/custom assembly
- Experience with hand tools
- Experience with blue prints, schematics, work instructions
- Manufacturing environment
Optic Sensor/Electronic Assembly Tech
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer, offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or citizenship unless legally required, and provides equal employment opportunity to disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era.
This position is responsible to build and test fiber optic and electronic sub-assemblies. Duties include fiber splicing, fiber management, electro-mechanical and fiber optic assembly operations. This position is responsible for meeting production requirements and assisting in engineering development activities. The Fiber Optic Technician performs optical and electronic acceptance tests. Additionally, the Technician is responsible for monitoring, assisting, and improving all aspects of safety, quality, productivity, inventory and delivery in his/her work area.
? Handling optical components and optical fiber
? Fiber optic stripping, cleaving, splicing and recoating
? Hand soldering, harness and PCB assembly
? Testing on a variety of equipment and records and analyzes results
? Follow specific workmanship instructions, multitask and be receptive to changing priorities
? 1-3 years plus experience in fiber optic system assembly or related field
? Knowledge of industry specific tests and testing equipment
? Experience working in a fast paced, constantly expanding and changing environment
? Excellent manual dexterity and visual acuity, high attention to detail
? Ability to use technical terms to communicate verbally and in writing
? Good organization, multi-tasking, time management and documentation skills
Our company is made up of highly talented, diverse, and motivated people who are dedicated to defining the business of politics. Headquartered in New York, we also have offices in Washington and London, as well as a vast network of experts around the world.
Use this job description
Are you ready to start working immediately and looking for a position that gives you the opportunity for growth? If so, Manpower is currently hiring motivated individuals on behalf of Steelcase. Steelcase has been one of the leading office manufacturers for over 100 years.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
What’s in it for you?
$100 bonus after 30 and 90 days worked
Very clean environment with opportunities for advancement
$25 quarterly attendance bonus
Need to be able to read, process, and scan tickets to match product to necessary packaging.
Will be standing the entire shift.
Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
Ability to Bend, twist, grab
Ability to work Saturdays and overtime when requested
Ability to meet/understand Steelcase Safety Requirements
High School Diploma or GED
Stop your job search and apply today.
We love referrals so please share our job with friends and family. Also, check out Manpower’s career platform with tools and resources to prepare you for today and tomorrows’ jobs at www.manpower.com/mypath
Assemble, install, seal, rig, inspect, and complete precision and other structural and system components, working from drawings, documents, process specifications, quality control requirements, and established processes and procedures. Functional test and correct, fit form and function of assemblies and components.
- Obtain required information from prints, charts, sketches, work instructions, documents, verbal and electronic information
- Use shop mathematics and precision measuring and or test instruments to complete work assignments and functional test assemblies and components
- Utilize tooling in the assembly of components into sub-assemblies or end items
- Verify work performed is per work instructions and meets process and/or engineering specification. Identify discrepancies found per applicable procedure
- Ensure equipment and tool certification occurs per procedure
- Perform routine minor machine maintenance as part of their daily work duties (e.g., where applicable, replacing machine filters, changing standard light bulbs on machines and equipment, maintaining lubrication/coolant levels, etc. as related to basic Total Preventative Maintenance duties)
- Routinely move product within the immediate manufacturing work area, including across isle, using shop assigned equipment as required, and complete transactions necessary to move product to the next operation
- On an exception basis, move product to the next operation within a building
- Perform work within allotted schedules
- Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training and assisting employees at all classification levels
- Assist in the training of other assembly personnel in assembly, installation and inspections techniques.
- Cross trains in inspection and becomes SIA qualified
- Required Skills:
- Operate measurement and testing equipment, machines, and devices in accordance with established procedures
- Load, locate, and unload, parts and assemblies
- Disassemble and prepare assemblies to accomplish rework, repair or change incorporation on completed assemblies
- Drill, saw, file, sand, build up, trim, fit, and fasten parts to meet production requirements utilizing any required hand or power tools
- Fabricate, assemble, and install systems elements
- Maintain or repair tools, shop aids, equipment, and facilities as necessary to accomplish work assignments including first-level maintenance on machines and equipment
- In order to be considered for this 2nd shift opportunity, candidates must possess a minimum of 6 months of aircraft structural sheet metal experience or have successfully completed Aero Structural Training
- Candidates must also possess the willingness to work assigned shift and overtime as required as well as the ability to work on concrete floors, uneven surfaces, and in confined spaces, as well as walk on open floor beams, climb on stairs/scaffolding, crawl/kneel in work station, and lift/move parts and/or tools
- Candidates must pass the Work Keys Assessment (www.workkeys.com)
Job Description: Openings for 1st and 2nd shift position
Position requires Steel Toe Shoes
Previous manufacturing assembly experience highly desirable
Under the direction of production supervision, the Production Assembler 1 builds the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, meeting company production standards,customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Ability to read and comprehend English assembly instructions, assembly drawings, and procedure manuals. Ability to operate a computer and communicate one on one with other employees of the organization.
Assemble products, following work instructions ensuring the highest quality products, meeting company product standards, production goals, and customer specifications and delivery requirements.
Use this job description
Other required skills:
- assembly: 1 year
- Driver's License
Production AND Assembly Workers Asap!!!!!!
PRODUCTION AND ASSEMBLY WORKERS NEEDED IMMEDIATELY.
CAN START WORK TONIGT!!!
AVERAGE 50+ HOURS A WEEK!!!!!!
NIGHT SHIFT 12HR SHIFT FROM 6PM-6AM.
PART TIME AND FULL TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE.
APPLY IN PERSON TO SKYCO STAFFING SERVICE 2115 MIDDLEBROOK PIKE KNOXVILLE TN
APPLICATIONS TAKEN MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY FROM 7:30 AM UNTIL 11:30 AM
BRING VALID DRIVER LICENSE SOCIAL SECURITY CARD OR BIRTH CERTIFICATE.
Use this job description
Assembly Design Engineer
Qualifications1.B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or A.S. and 2-5 years relatedexperience.2.Results oriented and able to work both independently and within ateam environment.3.Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.4.3D CAD/CAM experience (Solidworks experience preferred).5. Understanding of basic pneumatics, hydraulics and associatedcontrols6. Experience with manufacturing utilizing tool steels7. Previous project management experience including direct customerinterface desired but not required[This position requires an experienced engineer who likes to create innovativesolutions for customers and lead those projects from start to finish. highlycompetitive pay and excellent benefits
Assembly - 1St Shift
Immediate opening for an Assembler in the Troy, OH area.
1st shift position working Monday-Friday, 7:00 am -3:00 pm
- Reviews and interpret assembly instructions
- Determines if all parts are present and review materials for expiration
- Assembles the product following proper PPE and instructions
- Verifies throughout the process product is being assembled per the specifications by the use of measuring tools, calipers, or other methods to verify thickness, weight, etc.
- Completes material transaction or other documentation necessary
- Resolves assembly and production issues
- Reports errors in production line
- Maintains shop floor area clean and safe
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year of assembly/manufacturing experience
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally & written
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs
Use this job description