Assembler Type Bar And Segment Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assembler Type Bar And Segment
Estimator- Rebar Detailing/Value Engineering
Baker Concrete Construction, Inc., one of the nation’s largest concrete contractors is searching for an Estimator-Rebar Detailer/Value Engineer. Duties and Responsibilities Review Structural drawings, Identify potential opportunities to value engineer the reinforcing portion of the project; Seeks approval from engineer/ GC prior to submitting proposal.
This individual needs to understand structural design, rebar detailing, and rebar placing. Understand rebar material price inflation and price fluctuation. Be able to identify the right time to buy out material.
Must have a solid understanding of rebar placement to provide suppliers with a direction to detail. Must have a thorough understanding of structural design, reinforcing detailing/ emphasis on detailing over design. Understand when spacing can be modified, size of rebar modified or the grade changed to reduce the overall tonnage.
Must be able to speak knowledgeably of the reinforcing within a structure to owner/ engineer on the high/ low tonnage for any given project. Must be able to recommend a weight per cubic yard to plug into an estimate for reinforcing during a preliminary budgeting stage. This individual will be involved from the heavy job pursuit phase and assist through rebar buyout once the project is awarded.
This individual will also be involved with change orders on the project. Work Environment: Work is primarily in an office environment, but involves exposure to outside weather and jobsite conditions. Ensures a Safe Work Environment Participates in Training/Certification Job Requirements: + Bachelor’s degree in construction management, accounting or related field from an accredited college or university and 3 years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience + Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, technical procedures, and government regulations + Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public + Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference + Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to calculate area and volume + Ability to factor safety and OSHA requirements into estimates + Proficiency in Microsoft software programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint + Proficiency in Estimating software (such as Timberline, UScost, WinEst) + Ability to sit for long periods of time reviewing detailed drawings + Exerts minimal physical effort; occasional handling of average weight object up to 10 pounds EOE We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, as well as the chance to join a dynamic and growing organization.
Requisition ID: 2275
Use this job description
PURPOSE Bend, cut, bundle, and load reinforcing steel bars in accordance with customer's orders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES 1. Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebar’s vision and values. 2.
Unload trailers and store material in storage bins. 3. Operate a shearing machine to cut reinforcing steel bars to specific lengths. 4. Operate a bending machine to bend reinforcing steel bars to specified shape. 5.
Operate overhead crane to move, assemble and select material to be fabricated or shipped. 6. Operate Fabmatic machine that cuts and bends reinforcing steel bars to specified shapes. 7. Assemble and load orders onto trailers for shipping. 8.
Operate power saw for cutting reinforcing steel bars to specified lengths. 9. Operate a spray gun in the application of epoxy touch up or reinforcing steel bars. 10. Maintain the shop or designated area in a clean and safe manner. 11. Assist other employees in any of the above tasks.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS * Must have basic math skills to be able to calculate bar measurements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
SPECIAL DEMANDS * Must be able to work overtime when required
Must be able to work any shift
Must be familiar with, and adhere to shop safety policies and procedures
PHYSICAL DEMANDS * Some heavy lifting may be necessary
- Working conditions can be noisy/ dusty/ hot/ cold Harris Rebar is an AA/EEO Employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled - and a drug-free workplace.
Employee Type: Full-Time Location: Pawtucket, RI Job Type: Entry Level, Manufacturing Experience: Not Specified Date Posted: 4/17/2017
Use this job description
Business Process Review & Assessment Lead Consultant - Part-Time
Employment Status: Part-Time (1099 Consultant)
Travel: up to 75%
We are seeking Business Process Review and Assessment Consultants with solid experience in Student and Employee Life Cycle. The ideal candidate will have expertise in assessing current state of business process, procedures, policy and the leveraging of technology to drive organizational efficiency in support of organizational strategy and aspirations.
Leaders of the Business Process Review and Assessment will be responsible for understanding:
- Student Leads - The full Student life cycle including, Financial Aid and Student Accounts
- Administrative Leads – The full employee life cycle, finance and grants accounting
- 5 to 7+ years’ experience leading, managing or directing functional areas of an organization and/or with ERP implementation and migration of one of these administrative system in higher education: Banner, Colleague, Oracle PeopleSoft, Jenzabar, Unit4, Workday or Campus Management.
- Solid leadership skills, including facilitating diverse groups, creating consensus building and preparing the organization and individuals for change and ongoing continuous improvement
- Proven ability to conduct full business process reviews and realigning organizational processes, policies, procedures and organizational structure to meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Demonstration of superior communication skills and the ability to provide a consultative approach to end clients
- Demonstration of superior writing skills to achieve communicating at all levels of the organization from an Executive Summary to the detailed processes of functional areas and users.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating the diverse needs of functional areas, students, faculty, staff and leadership across higher education organizations.
- This position requires frequent travel to client sites (up to 75%)
- Minimum of 7 years related experience with demonstrated experience in the higher education environment
- Advanced degree
- Prior work as: Student Services Director, Director of Enrollment Management, Director of Financial Aid, Controller or Director of Human Resources
What You Can Expect from UsAt CampusWorks, we don't just help our clients succeed; we help our employees succeed. Competitive pay, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities are a few of the many reasons that CampusWorks is a great place to build your career.
Our team members also enjoy:
- Meaningful work. Our employees often tell us that their work gives them a sense of purpose because it makes a difference in the lives of students and educators.
- A CEO who cares. CEO Liz Murphy has made it her mission to create a culture that appreciates and takes good care of its people. As a result, being an employee of CampusWorks feels like being a member of a big family.
- A virtual workplace. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, CampusWorks became a virtual company in 2012. As such, our team members are located across the U.S. and Canada, where they work from their home offices and at client sites.
- Flexibility. We value work-life balance because we know that happy employees create happy customers. That's why CampusWorks offers both full- and part-time career opportunities to fit life's unique demands.
- A company that gives back. Every year, CampusWorks proudly supports numerous charitable fundraising initiatives that align with our vision to make higher education accessible to everyone.
About CampusWorksFounded in 1999, CampusWorks is dedicated to helping higher education overcome business and technological challenges that stand in the way of student success and completion. We work with community colleges, technical colleges, four-year public and private institutions, multi-college districts, and statewide higher education systems to tackle problems big and small. Our services are rooted in systems thinking and reach across the institution—from Student Services to Human Resources to Finance to Academics—to achieve transformative results.
Sound Like a Good Fit?Please take a moment to apply for this position.
Assistant Director Of Clinical Assessment And Simulation
The Departments of Clinical Assessment and Simulations at Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine - Southern Utah (RVUCOM) is accepting resumes for the position of Assistant Director of Clinical Assessment and Simulation in the Department of Clinical Assessment and Simulations effective start date May, 2017. This is a full-time position with great benefits.
All applicants are required to submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
The campus of RVUCOM is located in Ivins, Utah, 20 minutes from St. George. Rocky Vista University of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM) is committed to the education of osteopathic physicians who are dedicated to excellence in the practice of medicine, demonstrate integrity and professionalism in their lives, while providing ethical, compassionate, holistic and culturally competent osteopathic medical care to their patients.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To be responsible for the leadership, direction, and oversight of the Clinical Assessment and Simulation department of the Southern Utah campus in conjunction with the Director of Clinical Assessment and Simulation at the Colorado campus
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Recruit, train and manage standardized patients for clinical scenarios in simulation training exercises.
- Participate in the assessment and evaluation of students and residents and provide feedback and remedial assistance to ensure that the students of RVU meet the established standards in skills and competencies.
- Manage the EMS computer system for simulation events
- Provide operational and administrative leadership for the department including scheduling, budget, supplies and payroll.
- Manage and maintain all inventory of simulators and other simulation training products.
- Participate in research and scholarly activities in the areas of clinical assessment and simulation.
- Provide service to the university community and students through serving on committees as assigned by the campus dean or designee.
- Help develop relationships with community organizations and individuals to provide opportunities to promote and use our facilities for collaborative projects and events.
- Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and support staff.
- Advance the prestige of the University and College through advancement of it mission and vision and advancement of your personal career.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership ability, teaching skills, flexibility, great organizational skills, attention to details, interpersonal skills, analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of project management, team building and communication skills
- Ability to learn and manage the EMS computer system
- Knowledge of standardized patients and patient simulation technologies;
- Experience and skills in the development, delivery, and evaluation of simulated clinical cases
- Management skills and experience in operation of the laboratory as it relates to the simulators.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three (3) years of experience in education; preferably adult education.
- Master’s degree
- Experience in medical simulation training including Standardized Patients and hi-fidelity simulators
- Experience with simulation management software and equipment
Security/Risk Assessment Analyst
Our primary purpose is to provide our diverse portfolio of clients with actionable insight and exceptional service, but our mission extends beyond what we do to how we do it. Eurasia Group is committed to the highest ethical standards in our research projects, the management of relationships with our clients, the protection of client confidentiality, and in all interactions among our employees. We seek to maintain absolute political and corporate independence, to promote transparency in our work, and to offer a product that is free of bias. Our creative processes are driven by expertise, not corporate rank. By helping our clients make well-informed commercial and investment decisions, we seek to promote a more refined understanding of the impact of politics on markets, a public good we are proud to provide.
Assist in design, maintenance and implementation of enterprise security policies for compliance.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
1-3 years of experience working in an Information Security role
Experience developing and documenting security policies for compliance audits, security best practices and build documentation
Technical expertise in at least one information security discipline
Experience implementing security policies within Data Center environments
Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
Superior detailed writing skills
In addition, we are committed to provide substantial professional development opportunities and to build and maintain a culture that honors and rewards initiative and innovation. We encourage all employees to develop new and better ways of providing value for our clients. The firm?s leadership will work at all times to maintain a sensible balance between the needs of the individual and those of the firm, and to ensure that all employees treat our work and one another with respect. We will grow and protect the Eurasia Group brand. We will do our utmost to ensure that all employees work in an environment that is as creative and fun as it is challenging?and we will create both a product and a team we can be proud of.
Use this job description
Hvac - Welder Pipe Fitter, Pipe-Fitter
Welder/Pipe Fitters - All welders must be experienced pipe-fitters. Hourly pay-rate will be based on experience and have plenty of overtime available. Starts at $18 - $20 per hour.
Our client is a full turnkey mechanical contractor with over 25 years experience in commercial and industrial HVAC fabrication.
This is a contract position that will last 3-4 months in Nassau County Florida. All positions could possibly lead to future employment on other new projects in the area.
It is not mandatory to be a veteran to be considered for any of our positions. To learn more about NOW Hiring Heroes, Inc. you can visit our website at www.NowHiringHeroes.com
Use this job description
"Architect" Manager Property Condition Assessment (Pca Practice Leader) Western Region
Our Client is currently seeking a PCA Practice Leader to join our Western Region. The ideal candidate will have at least 15+ years of Property Condition Assessment (PCA) experience with 5+ years of direct responsibility managing projects, supervising staff, and providing QA/QC of deliverables. The qualified candidate can be based in any of the following Western Region offices: Seattle, Portland, Denver, Tempe, San Ramon, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas or Los Angeles.
- Provide leadership, training, mentoring and support to all levels of the organization and serve as a regional PCA subject matter expert.
- Develop and update proposal, report, plan, and protocol templates for PCA practice group, disseminate updates to branch managers and project managers.
- Provide peer review of deliverables, e.g. reports, proposals, cost estimates and plans for national, regional and local clients.
- Participate in quarterly conference calls with the PCA practice group to discuss program updates, issues, best practices and regulatory changes/impacts.
- Conduct internal audits of projects to ensure project managers are in conformance with Company PCA practice group protocols.
- Perform Property Condition Assessments in accordance with ASTM Standard Guide E2018 for various commercial real estate property types including industrial, retail, office, and multi-family residential to support client’s due diligence associated with their real estate transactions.
- Perform and / or oversee preparation of Seismic Assessments in accordance with ASTM E2026-16a “Standard Guide for the Estimation of Building Damageability in Earthquakes” and ASTM Practice E2557-16a with respect to Building Stability, Site Stability, and Building Damageability characteristics consistent with a Level 0-2 analysis associated with their real estate transactions.
- Field assessment of various types of developed facilities to include: a physical walk-through, review of construction and maintenance documentation, review of publicly available permit and inspection documentation, and interviews of on-site management personnel, tenants, service vendors, local government agencies, and other individuals with knowledge about the property.
- Prepare/edit a technical Property Condition Report for client; to characterize the physical condition of the facility including appropriate photographic documentation and probable costs to remedy deficiencies and to maintain the facility over a set future term.
- Interact with internal staff, clients, and municipal agencies
- Assist in developing/maintaining new business by working closely with existing clients and identifying potential new clients
- Implement Company’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Registered Professional with BS degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Sciences. "Architect " (PREFERRED)
- At least 10 years of experience in performing Property Condition or other Facility Assessments.
- Good understanding of building systems including structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and building envelope.
- Experience in cost estimating and use of estimating manuals and software.
- Good report writing skills utilizing Microsoft Office.
- Experience with “Parcel” report writing software is a plus
Project Manager - Piping / Power Plant / Startup
Responsibilities of the Piping Systems Manager:
- Oversight and installation of all major power plant piping systems including supervision of major mechanical systems and ancillary equipment.
- Responsible for tracking budgets, scheduling, reporting construction progress, monitoring quality functions and working with engineering company, contractors, and clients.
- Responsible for assisting in field systems trouble shooting and checkout of major piping systems during testing and functional checkout.
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience working with power plant major piping systems including cooling, steam, air, water, etc.
- Combined Cycle Gas Turbine experience preferably on Siemens Gas Turbine. Will accept other frame type gas turbine experience.
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Engineering but will consider experience in lieu of degree
- Must have supervisor level experience or higher with at least 5 years or more working with field operations, construction, startup experience.
- Position will be a field related assignment with home office reporting.
- Per diem is available for this position.
Civil Superintendent (Concrete, Rebar And Forming)
Casey Industrial, a nationwideindustrial general contractor with regional offices in Oregon, North Carolina,Georgia and Colorado is seeking a motivated Civil Superintendent’s with adesire to join our growing team. Casey Industrial has a 58-year tradition ofoffering a complete range of high-quality, professional industrial constructionservices encompassing General Construction, Process Installations, ConstructionManagement and Design-Build/EPC projects.
This position is full time, benefiteligible and the wage is negotiable depending on experience.
If you enjoy and can confidentlylead a team, if you love construction and like to challenge yourself, then thiscould be the position for you! Please see the job requirements below and if youmeet the criteria we are looking for please apply online.
Here are just a few of the benefitsyou will experience as a part of the Casey Industrial :
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flex Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Wellness Program
- 401k with a Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Growth Opportunities
- Understand and manage all aspects of a large field operation
- Assist in the development of project schedules and sequence of work.
- Assure all work is in accordance with contract documents.
- Have working knowledge of owner contract, subcontracts, purchase orders and submittals
- Be the point of contact for the release and delivery dates for all critical path material and equipment.
- Attend internal and external project meetings in order to summarize field conditions and convey look-ahead activities.
- Monitor field productivity by supervising field work to assure all work is put in place in the most cost efficient and professional manner.
- Have good working knowledge of equipment.
- Enforce company and client safety policies
- Plans and implements safety for all activities on the project
- Understands and monitors project costs and budgets
- Review and track weekly timesheets.
- Communicate with key leaders from several stakeholders of the project, including owners, designers and subcontractors
- Facilitate team development and growth, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership and holding employees accountable.
- Valid Driver’s License and evidence of insurability required
- Strong understanding of safety policies and practices
- Previous experience with project planning, managing quality, building the project schedule, managing project material, submittals, and labor.
- Good organizational planning skills
- Strong understanding of heavy equipment and maintenance
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Progressive responsibilities in the areas of field knowledge
- A proactive rather than reactive approach to resolving construction issues
- Self-starter with ability to set own goals and tasks
- Diplomacy in working with other people
- Prefer experience on heavy industrial projects including Steel Mills, Power Generation, General Manufacturing and Wood Products sectors.
This position is a Full-Time salaried position. The schedule can vary based on the project requirements. Typically, 50+ hours/week.
This position is a field based position. Typical project assignments from 6 – 18 months are common.
Casey Industrial offers a generous employee benefits package, competitive salary based on experience and great working environment. Our atmosphere is professional with a high value placed on personal growth.
Target compensation will be dependent upon qualifications and experience with full benefits.
Mailed Resumes may be sent to:
Dennis Okey, Corporate Recruiting Manager
Casey Industrial Inc.
1400 W. 122nd Ave, Suite 200
Westminster, CO. 80234
EOE/M/F/D/V. No Agencies, Please
Job Type: Full-time
- Civil: 10 years
Production Manager - Precast Concrete Pipe
|Position Title Production Manager|
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. 10 + years of experience in precast concrete production.
2. 2+ years of supervisory experience in precast concrete production.
Use this job description