Assembler Unit Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assembler Unit
Assembler - 1St Shift
Several immediate openings for an Assembler in the Dayton, OH area. These are all direct hire/permanent positions!
- This is a 1st shift position: 6 am – 2:30 am
- Starting pay $10.00/hour
- Reviews and interpret assembly instructions
- Determines if all parts are present and review materials for expiration
- Assembles the product following proper PPE and instructions
- Verifies throughout the process product is being assembled per the specifications by the use of measuring tools, calipers, or other methods to verify thickness, weight, etc.
- Completes material transaction or other documentation necessary
- Resolves assembly and production issues
- Reports errors in production line
- Maintains shop floor area clean and safe
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year of assembly/manufacturing experience
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally & written
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally
Pay Rate - $10 - 12/hr
Our Seating Systems is recognized as a leading designer, developer, and manufacturer of a broad spectrum of aerospace specialty seating products. Our state-of-the-art business jet seats are showcased on regional, business, major OEMs and custom private aircraft. Our portfolio includes proprietary products designed specifically for Pilatus, Embraer, Dassault, Bombardier, Gulfstream and custom customers such as Airbus, Lufthansa, and Jet Aviation. We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges - safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
This is an entry-level position that assembles aircraft products under direct supervision and performs routine and repetitive assembly operations and processes. Person must be self-motivated and can work independently or within a team
List the major position responsibilities in order of priority. (This description is intended to be only a general outline of major responsibilities. It is expected that the employee performs these and any other activities which may be assigned or which may occur in the normal course of work. It is also expected that the employee be available to work hours in excess of 40 per week.)
Under direct supervision, produces sub-assemblies.
Performs routine and standard tasks with minimal assistance
Reads and assembles per standard work or blueprint instructions, with some guidance
Contacts material handler or planner if shortages exist or incorrect parts are in bins
Participates in all team stand-ups
Abides by UTAS safety guidelines and seeks to eliminate EH&S safety risks and hazards
Adheres to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct
Provides continuous improvement ideas in order to support lean and ACE initiatives
May perform other job duties as required and available for overtime as necessary
Focus on compliance to requirements and satisfying customers by achieving “zero defect” quality.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
Degree Requirement: High School Diploma and/or GED
Years of experience in lieu of education: None
Experience Required: Indicate the minimum years of experience and type of experience required to effectively perform the essential functions and responsibilities of this position.
No years of relevant assembly experience; proven mechanical capability preferred
Reads and understands English
Operate hand tools, electrical tools, hand cutters, measuring equipment
Ability to read blue prints with some supervision
Basic computer skills
Ability to install fasteners, rivets and hardware
Willing to perform any task necessary to ensure the on-time delivery of the product to the customer
Willing to cross-train and work in all areas of assembly operation
Ability to work in a team environment
Willing to perform hand and body warm-up exercises to minimize potential for repetitive motion injuries
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Must be able to work in a standing position for a minimum of 8 hours per day.
Consistently be at work and communicate appropriately any attendance issues with your supervisor as per policy
Consistently at their work station at the appropriately scheduled time
Does not abuse breaks and/or departure times
Thermal Windows & Doors, a replacement window and door manufacturer is looking for Production/Warehouse Worker to work in our warehouse at the Murrysville location. The successful candidate must have:
Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
Must be able to read a tape measure
Able to work in fast paced environment
Able to work on your feet all day
Must be able to lift 50lbs
Maintain good workstation housekeeping
Self-motivated and willing to work with minimal supervision
Strong communication skills
Able to read, write, and use a ruler
Good organization skills
Carpentry skills a plus
High school or equivalent
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift/carry materials up to 50lbs, move about the work site, turn on and operate a computer in the applicable environment, communicate efficiently on the telephone or in person. Exposed to noise and dust in manufacturing plant and warehouse environment. Requires prolonged periods of standing and walking. Subject to long, irregular hours.
WorkingConditions: Typical manufacturing plant, warehouse and external plant environments
Position Interacts With (indicate internal and external contacts): Company and subsidiary company staff and management; and suppliers and vendors
Thermal Windows & Doors offers competitive compensation packages. Our full-time employees are eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits program that includes two medical plan options with EAP and telemedicine, two dental plan options, a vision plan, medical and dependent care FSA accounts, life and disability options, a wellness program with a Health Reimbursement Account, and a 401(k) plan.
Optic Sensor/Electronic Assembly Tech
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer, offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or citizenship unless legally required, and provides equal employment opportunity to disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era.
This position is responsible to build and test fiber optic and electronic sub-assemblies. Duties include fiber splicing, fiber management, electro-mechanical and fiber optic assembly operations. This position is responsible for meeting production requirements and assisting in engineering development activities. The Fiber Optic Technician performs optical and electronic acceptance tests. Additionally, the Technician is responsible for monitoring, assisting, and improving all aspects of safety, quality, productivity, inventory and delivery in his/her work area.
? Handling optical components and optical fiber
? Fiber optic stripping, cleaving, splicing and recoating
? Hand soldering, harness and PCB assembly
? Testing on a variety of equipment and records and analyzes results
? Follow specific workmanship instructions, multitask and be receptive to changing priorities
? 1-3 years plus experience in fiber optic system assembly or related field
? Knowledge of industry specific tests and testing equipment
? Experience working in a fast paced, constantly expanding and changing environment
? Excellent manual dexterity and visual acuity, high attention to detail
? Ability to use technical terms to communicate verbally and in writing
? Good organization, multi-tasking, time management and documentation skills
Our company is made up of highly talented, diverse, and motivated people who are dedicated to defining the business of politics. Headquartered in New York, we also have offices in Washington and London, as well as a vast network of experts around the world.
Post a Job
2:45 - 11:15 pm 2nd shift hours + OT
2nd shift Pay Rate - $11.50/hr
Do not submit anyone who isn't immediately available to interview - these managers will request same day or next day interviews always
Position requires Steel Toe Shoes
Previous manufacturing assembly experience highly desirable
candidates will be standing and will need to lift 30 lbs - 50 lbs.
must have some manufacturing/Assembly experience
Under the direction of production supervision, the Production Assembler 1 builds the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, meeting company production standards,customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Ability to read and comprehend English assembly instructions, assembly drawings, and procedure manuals. Ability to operate a computer and communicate one on one with other employees of the organization.
Assemble products, following work instructions ensuring the highest quality products, meeting company product standards, production goals, and customer specifications and delivery requirements.
Operate computer to check schedules, update manufacturing status of jobs.
Continually monitor quality of parts used in the assembly process.
Review assembly processes and methods and recommend changes to ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of productivity and quality.
Interface with engineering to accurately communicate information
Post a Job
Manufacturing Plant Floor IT Engineer For Chicago Assembly Plant
The Plant IT Engineer has the responsibility of implementing, maintaining, configuring, and troubleshooting IT applications used within the manufacturing plant and ensuring they are providing the maximum contribution to productivity, quality and IT application efficiencies.
- Facilitates the implementation of IT enablers to the plant in support of the company's process standardization efforts in terms of flexible and lean manufacturing, error proofing and manufacturing execution systems.
- Provides an excellent opportunity both to apply IT skills to manufacturing, and to acquire manufacturing experience at a modern manufacturing plant that will enhance long-term career potential.
- Must be able to support flexible work hours in support a multi-shift operation (some nights and or weekends), providing technical support for IT applications and Plant Floor Systems; rotating schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years of experience post collegiate professional experience in a corporate environment
- 1+ years’ experience either professionally or in college implementing, maintaining, configuring, and troubleshooting IT applications
- Experience with Office automation, Windows, PC’s & Printers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task; managing multiple applications
- Able to work efficiently and effectively with diverse, cross functional teams under stressful circumstances
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with IT Project Manager Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, MS Project)
- Experience identifying, investigating & solving problems without supervision
- Experience with Server administration; Windows or Linux
- Any plant floor automation experience is highly desired (Control systems, PLC’s, etc.)
- Familiar with Cisco routers and switches to include basic troubleshooting and cable installation
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users and IT professionals including globally distributed teams; the ability to adjust communications appropriately for the audience; work with all levels of management and diverse work groups
The distance between imagination and … creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. When you join the Ford team, you discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader. You’ll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products – and it is always ready to go further.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Post a Job
Other required skills:
- assembly: 1 year
- Driver's License
Production AND Assembly Workers Asap!!!!!!
PRODUCTION AND ASSEMBLY WORKERS NEEDED IMMEDIATELY.
CAN START WORK TONIGT!!!
AVERAGE 50+ HOURS A WEEK!!!!!!
NIGHT SHIFT 12HR SHIFT FROM 6PM-6AM.
PART TIME AND FULL TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE.
APPLY IN PERSON TO SKYCO STAFFING SERVICE 2115 MIDDLEBROOK PIKE KNOXVILLE TN
APPLICATIONS TAKEN MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY FROM 7:30 AM UNTIL 11:30 AM
BRING VALID DRIVER LICENSE SOCIAL SECURITY CARD OR BIRTH CERTIFICATE.
Post a Job
Senior Product Engineer - Assembly & Test
If you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our clients culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.
Our client is the leader in advanced flight controls for the world’s Next Generation of Civil and Military Aircraft. They are actively working a number of high profile development programs and have recently been selected as the flight control lead system integrator for a couple new programs. As a result, they are looking for highly motivated and talented engineers who thrive on challenge and enjoy working on cutting edge applications.
As a Senior Product Engineer, you will provide engineering support to specific Product lines which can be more complex program in nature, and takes responsibility in providing technical guidance to Assembly and Test personnel or others in need for your product knowledge. The Senior Product Engineer works independently, or with other Product Engineer team members to support assembly and test operations, and is expected to take a leadership role for many projects. A Senior Product Engineer can take on product responsibility for many products simultaneously, taking on all aspects of support.
What you can expect on a day to day basis:
- Initiating clear production assembly/test instructions to operations personnel to maintain efficient production. These instructions includes formal Work Instructions, Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP / PAT), engineering memos, and Electronic Historical Record (EHR) entries
- Defining and scheduling the development of equipment to meet production requirements for operations department. These include assembly fixtures and tools, production flow-line systems, and test equipment.
- Assuring and maintaining product integrity, and quality in production products. The Associate Product engineer does this by collaborating with other Company resources to resolve production problems, assisting in Material Review Board (MRB) analyses, and assisting in evaluation for possible notice of escape (NOE) to customers.
- Tracking key company metrics including, but not limited to, first pass yield (FPY), and product cost objectives (PCAS) to maintain and improve company performance and goals. These metrics may be used to support the goals of other departments.
- Developing a thorough understanding of all design principles associated with assigned products. Supporting the facilitation of design changes driven by the above items by redlining drawings, attending Change Review Board (CRB) and starting the EO process.
- Training, coordinating and evaluating the efforts of Product Engineers, Associate Product Engineers and Co-ops to support department goals
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Masters preferred) + 5 year relevant technical experience
- Alternately, a Bachelor of Technology Degree in Engineering + 8 year relevant technical experience
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed working knowledge of hydraulic and/or complex mechanical actuation products, both top level and subassemblies
- Detailed working knowledge of hydraulic and/or complex mechanical actuation assembly and test areas, including extensive interfacing with technicians
- Proven experience coordinating and interfacing with customers and/or suppliers on complex projects or issues.
- General knowledge in areas of Root Cause / Corrective Action, LEAN, Project Planning, Product line transfer and Data Acquisition and Analysis.
Overview: Performs tasks required to produce various inert components and assemble these parts to a point where they are ready for next operational level. The Assembler 2 Works with moderate supervision, following formal written procedures and detailed verbal instructions. Candidates must be willing and available to work other shifts or overtime as needed to meet production schedules.This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each): 80% - Performs pressure tests and bonds; assembles and packages parts.
Press and mold materials, clean and assemble equipment, cleans tools, parts, and work area. 10% - Insulates motor cases. 10% - Maintains records related to rocket manufacture and performs environmental duties listed below: ENVIRONMENTAL DUTIES 1. Collect, containerize, and label waste chemicals generated as part of production operations. 2.
Maintain satellite accumulation areas in a safe and orderly manner and in compliance with environmental regulations. 3. Ensure that Hazardous Waste Control Technician is contacted to have non-energetic chemical wastes moved to the chemical waste handling area (CWHA), and energetic wastes (waste explosives) moved to the energetic waste accumulation areas or the thermal treatment units. 4. Immediately report spills of chemicals and/or process waters to the Environmental department. 5.
In the event of an emergency incident, implement the facility Emergency Procedures/Contingency Plan. SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: Perform other duties as assigned to support production demands.
Requirements: High school graduate or equivalent required. Arkansas Career Readiness Certificate-Silver Level is required for this position.
Previous mechanical experience desired. Will be exposed to chemicals. Workplace may involve a variety of conditions including but not limited to: outdoor environments, elevated structures and excavations, areas where chemical materials may be encountered, shop environments and construction sites.
Must customarily have a high consciousness for personnel and equipment safety. May be required to utilize a variety of personal protective equipment. Regular and predictable attendance is expected.
US Citizenship Only Required. Dual Citizenship does not meet job qualifications. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S.
Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship). Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information. Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Work environment may be controlled with or without humidity control. Exposure and risk to health is minimal. Work performed on all 3 shifts, normally five days a week, but overtime during the week and weekends is mandatory when required.
Various types and configurations of automatic, semiautomatic and manually operated equipment are used. Lifting requirement is moderate (30 pounds).
Options: We consider the consistent demonstration of positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional behavior to be an essential function of every position. While different positions have different primary areas of responsibility and technical expertise, everyone needs to work as a team, and we expect all employees to contribute as necessary to get the job done.
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or theinterview process should e-mail the Human Resources Department at
CategoryManufacturing and Production - Assembly
Post a Job