Assembler Unit Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assembler Unit
Assembly - 2Nd Shift
Immediate opening for an Assembler in the Tipp City, OH area.
2nd shift position working Monday-Friday, 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Reviews and interpret assembly instructions
- Determines if all parts are present and review materials for expiration
- Assembles the product following proper PPE and instructions
- Verifies throughout the process product is being assembled per the specifications by the use of measuring tools, calipers, or other methods to verify thickness, weight, etc.
- Completes material transaction or other documentation necessary
- Resolves assembly and production issues
- Reports errors in production line
- Maintains shop floor area clean and safe
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year of assembly/manufacturing experience
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally & written
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs
Post a Job
strong major electrical wiring background with mechanical as minor
previous building construction experience or auto mechanic experience a plus
Prior assembly experience needed. Able to read prints or drawings is a plus but not required.
High School graduate
In addition to the mechanical requirements, We are looking for wiring / cable / harnessing knowledge with proven ability to work off of engineering electrical drawings, wiring diagrams and bill of materials (BOMs).
Must be able to work 1st or 2nd shift with overtime up to a 12 hour day on either side of the start and stop time and Saturdays as required.
Steel toe shoes are required
Post a Job
Process/Manufacturing Engineer II - Automated Assembly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties, which may be inherent to the position. Jabil Circuit may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees, consistent with company policies.
Supports automated assembly manufacturing through the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of manufacturing processes and supporting documentation. Acts as a liaison to resolve manufacturing issues between Business Development, customers and suppliers.
- Support product realization activities by defining the production process including:
- establishing optimal line configurations,
- defining equipment and process parameters
- specifying all required tooling such as stencils, wave/reflow pallets, assembly fixtures, and prep dies
- Reviews capacity models and takes actions to improve efficiency
- Identify opportunities to prevent manufacturing difficulties
- Implement changes to continuously improve quality, process yields, and efficiencies
- Support and guide team members in the development of documentation required to support the production process (ex. Process flows, PFMEA, IQ, OQ and PQ)
- Develop, review and improve product documentation
- Review and analyze key metrics
- Drive corrective actions in response to product quality issues or process failures
- Coordinate with customers, suppliers and internal staff to resolve manufacturing-related issues
- Support new product quoting process by :
- reviewing customer-supplied data,
- creating assumptions related to establishing a production process and estimating product run rates
- using analytical methods and Design For Assembly (DFA) techniques
- Assess actual performance to quoted rates and take action to minimize gaps
- Support identification and selection of equipment
- Conduct capital investment planning and make recommendations
- Provide on-call support to resolve engineering related issues arising beyond normal business hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical Industrial, Electronics Engineering or related field or equivalent job related experience and/or training
- 2-5 years relevant experience required. Experience working with automated assembly lines preferred.
- Knowledge of statistical methods and their application to a manufacturing process
- Knowledge of surface mount technology assembly processes, methods, and equipment and/or high-level assembly experience
- Knowledge of quoting / DFM processes, process design, tooling design, or equipment programming strongly preferred
- Knowledge of automotive, telecom, medical standards, and other industry QMS/EMS standards
- Demonstrated experience creating process documentation (e.g. PFMEAs, Process Flows, Visual Aids)
- Knowledge of quality theory and practices required, including PFMEA, Control Plans and Charts, etc., and process documentation required
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages
- Strong analytical, interpretive, and problem-solving skills required
- Experience in productivity improvement required
- Advanced reading, writing, and math skills required
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
Individual may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
The employee is frequently required to walk, bend, and lift and carry equipment up to 50 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of computer monitor screen a great deal of the time.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.Post a Job
- Work with a team to assemble entire products or components
- Rotate through tasks for specific production processes
- Conduct quality inspections on products and parts
- Prepare finished products for shipment
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Previous experience in manufacturing, assembly, or other related fields
- Familiarity with assembly tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to work well in teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Overview: In this position you will be responsible for disassembly, inspection and final assembly of precision ballscrews.
Should be proficient with basic handtools and reading precision measuring equipment including micrometers, calipers, dial indicators and bore gauges. You should have your own hand tools and toolbox. # Positions: 1 Location: US-MI-Livonia Category: Shop
Post a Job
Position Summary: The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics LASP is a world - renowned space science research institute at the University of Colorado at Boulder, with an environment where professionals and students work closely with scientists in designing and building space flight hardware.
Due to growth in our programs, LASP is looking to increase the number of skilled staff to assist in the flight assembly process. Join a design team that develops instruments for use on space flight programs. For this position, we are looking for individuals who are skilled in assembly of precision optical/mechanical/electrical assemblies but also due to the size of the current project we are working on, we also need someone familiar with large scale assemblies approximately 10 feet x 10 feet Job Duties:
Assembly of large scale complex aerospace structures including the body of a spacecraft. Assembly of small scale fastener size 00's to 10's complex aerospace structures, mechanisms, & optomechanical instrumentation for application in vacuum & space - flight environments. Coordinate closely with engineering staff, and perform precision assembly work using engineering drawings and bills of material.
Take directions through a combination of both verbal & written fabrication and assembly instructions. Demonstrate attention to detail and be skilled with delicate parts assembly. A detailed understanding of the methods and processes for fabrication & assembly of mechanical & electrical components and subassemblies, and will be expected to maintain high standards of work quality.
Qualifications: Required Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications: Five years or more mechanical assembly or prototype machining experience required.
BS in engineering or equivalent experience in a related technical field. Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S.
Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply. Desired Qualifications: Ability to verify mechanical parts dimensions through inspection/understanding of GD&T Experience with clean room and ESD requirements Machine shop experience including CAD/CAM Previous Hands on experience with Aerospace assemblies and requirements Proto - type experience Special Instructions to Applicants:Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 - Curriculum Vitae or Resume 2 - Cover Letter.
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at email@example.com.
The University of Colorado at Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment. Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV Application Materials Instructions:
Post a Job
Electronics Assembler II
Summary Performs a wide range of electronic assembly operations on components or sub-assemblies according to specifications by performing the following duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesincludes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Under general supervision uses visual aids, wiring lists, verbal and written instructions to assemble electronic circuit cards. Through hole and Surface Mount soldering skills, basic computer skills, and the ability to transition smoothly between jobs assignments. Mask and de-masking, conformal coating to PCB’s, adhesive application, sub-assembly and hardware installation, component insertion, hand soldering and inspection, data entry and possibly some machine operation.
Required Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency performing through hole and surface mount soldering to IPC standards. Circuit board assembly/rework (component removal and replacement) Required Experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two to five years experience working in a through hole and surface mount technology assembly role. Current or previous certification in the following IPC standards a plus. * IPC J-STD-001 * IPC 7711 * IPC 7721 Job Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States Position Type: Full-Time/Regular Tracking Code: 2041231
Post a Job
About Us: Anderson-Negele is a global instrumentation company with the mission to provide the best hygienic instrumentation solutions and services for processors of food, beverage and life sciences products. Known globally under the Anderson-Negele brand, we have manufacturing facilities in the United States and Germany and sales & service offices in North America, Europe, China, India, and Mexico. Anderson-Negele is a part of Fortive, a diversified industrial growth company with 24,000 employees worldwide and $6B in annual revenue.
Description: Anderson-Negele’s Operation’s team invites applications for the Assembler position. The Assembler is responsible for assembling electro-mechanical components by fitting, forming, deleting and adding of components to standard devices.
The Assembler is expected to read and interpret product documentation (drawings and specification sheets), perform basic machining operations, visually inspect all workmanship and perform automated welding operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for calibrating, testing and inspecting products to ensure they operate within published specifications. Helping to ensure proper inventory level of materials within area of responsibility by the timely tripping of kanban cards is a requirement.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Candidates with prior experience operating basic manufacturing equipment are encouraged to apply.
Exceptional communication skills to effectively interact at various all levels within the organization, ability to work in a team environment, attention to detail, and sense of urgency are required. Experience reading drawings and basic mechanical aptitude in technical products preferred. Anderson-Negele takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to competitive salaries and benefits, we offer a challenging and rewarding work environment with extensive support from our teams in a growing company.
Fortive Corporation Overview: Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com .
Job: Manufacturing / Operations
Primary Location: North America-United States-NY-Fultonville
Req ID: AND000119
Post a Job
Overview: The Assembler 2 works with moderate supervision, following formal written procedures and detailed verbal instructions. Performs tasks required to produce solid propellant and assembles rocket motors to a point where they are ready for shipment. Candidates must be willing and available to work other shifts or overtime as needed to meet production schedules.This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each): 80% - Performs pressure tests and bonds; assembles and package parts.
Cast propellant, clean and assemble equipment, cleans tools, parts, and work area. 10% - Maintains records related to rocket manufacture and performs environmental duties listed below: ENVIRONMENTAL DUTIES 1. Collect, containerize, and label waste chemicals generated as part of production operations. 2.
Maintain satellite accumulation areas in a safe and orderly manner and in compliance with environmental regulations. 3. Ensure that Hazardous Waste Control Technician is contacted to have non-energetic chemical wastes moved to the chemical waste handling area (CWHA), and energetic wastes (waste explosives) moved to the energetic waste accumulation areas or the thermal treatment units. 4. Immediately report spills of chemicals and/or process waters to the Environmental department. 5.
In the event of an emergency incident, implement the facility Emergency Procedures/Contingency Plan. 10% - Line motor cases. SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: Perform other duties as assigned to support production demands.
Requirements: Graduation from high school or equivalent preferred and 1 year of directly related experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Arkansas Career Readiness Certificate-Silver Level is required for this position.
US Citizenship Only Required. Dual Citizenship does not meet job qualifications. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S.
Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship). Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information. Previous Mechanical experience is desired.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements: Will be exposed to chemicals/propellant. Workplace may involve a variety of conditions including but not limited to: outdoor environments, elevated structures and excavations, areas where chemical materials may be encountered, shop environments and construction sites.
Must customarily have a high consciousness for personnel and equipment safety. May be required to utilize a variety of personal protective equipment.
Options: We consider the consistent demonstration of positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional behavior to be an essential function of every position. While different positions have different primary areas of responsibility and technical expertise, everyone needs to work as a team, and we expect all employees to contribute as necessary to get the job done.
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or theinterview process should e-mail the Human Resources Department at
CategoryManufacturing and Production - Other
Post a Job
Structure Assembler / Packing Lead
Structure Assembly/Packing Lead – 2ndShift TheStructure Assembly/Packing Lead – 2ndShiftwill be responsible for assisting our Foreman in overseeing other members of the structure assembly/packing are; responsible for safely packaging and verifying quality for a variety of manufactured structural components and assemblies. Job Duties: + Utilizing multiple shop equipment and tools including drills, grinders, radial arm saws, nail guns, overhead cranes, and jib cranes + Assembling components per blueprints + Performing preventive maintenance on equipment as needed + Working both independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment Qualifications: + High school diploma or GED + 4-5 years of related manufacturing experience in steel fabrication or combination of education and experience + Basic computer skills are required + Understanding of industrial painting and plumbing are preferred + Experience operating a forklift is preferred + Ability to accurately read and understand a tape measure to the 1/32 of an inch We offer a competitive wage based on experience and performance as well as a generous incentive plan.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, and profit sharing. Apply online atwww.gfscareers.us. EEO/AA M/F/M/V/D
Post a Job