Assembly Inspector Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assembly Inspector
Commercial Assembly 2Nd Shift
Immediate opening for an Commercial Assembler in the Troy, OH area.
2nd shift position working Monday-Friday, 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Reviews and interpret assembly instructions
- Determines if all parts are present and review materials for expiration
- Assembles the product following proper PPE and instructions
- Verifies throughout the process product is being assembled per the specifications by the use of measuring tools, calipers, or other methods to verify thickness, weight, etc.
- Completes material transaction or other documentation necessary
- Resolves assembly and production issues
- Reports errors in production line
- Maintains shop floor area clean and safe
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year of assembly/manufacturing experience
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally & written
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 80 lbs
Team Manager, Body Assembly
Team Manager, Body Assembly
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is focused on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
- Confirm standards are in place
- Monitor and confirm that manufacturing operating system standards are being applied and adhered to throughout the area
- Facilitate Results Process through utilization of standard processes and tools
- Develop, coach, and support to achieve Safety, Quality, and Delivery objectives
- Support issues raised by the teams
- Coach, teach, and feedback on resolution of abnormalities, and validate closure of concerns (facilitates permanent corrective actions)
- Drive continuous improvement on systemic abnormalities to prevent reoccurrence
- Provide necessary resources to maintain production flow and confirm critical inputs are being performed to the acceptable standard(s)
- Plan maintenance tasks, monitor completion and effectiveness, and drive improvement and/or coaching opportunities
- Adhere to and modify Time & Data Management to promote, support, and coach a continuous improvement mindset and activities in the team
- Plan Production Maintenance activities to improve area performance
- Manage changes to the system
- Drive the creation and coordination of work plans (downtime, shutdown, manage the change), and ensure the team is executing. Evaluate the effectiveness of work plans.
- Plan and implement revisions and improvements to meet the new standards as the manufacturing operating systems mature
- Communication and Recognition
- Enable a culture of learning through demonstration of effective communication skills
- Respect and encourage respect of all team members by my actions
- Develop highly competent and motivated people
- Mentor, nurture, develop teams to own working together, modeling the Ford values and expected behaviors
- Develop and provide feedback for the Process Coach professional development
- Create a conducive work environment for the team(s) to complete their assigned responsibilities / tasks
- Create a Zero Tolerance environment and reaffirm that team members respect each other
- Create a proactive performance-driven culture that listens, reacts and supports (effective communication, education, listening, and trust) to capture the hearts and minds of the people
- Proactively recognize the teams’ accomplishments and improve morale
- Ensure completion of administrative responsibilities
- Ensure basic administrative activities are completed, as required
- High School Diploma
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Production experience
- Strong ability to interface with plant hourly, salaried personnel and plant management
- Strong ability to present in front of plant management
- Ability to teach Ford Production System principles
- Union negotiations experience
- Competent in the use of data for decision making
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated ability to resolve diverse problems
- Work well under pressure and to be able to work under crisis management when necessary
- Having the ability to work and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Successful candidate should be able to demonstrate leadership in One FORD (leadership) behaviors combined with outstanding interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Post a Job
Fiber Optic Assembler
Our supply chain management consultants can leverage significant supply chain experience, acquired while developing and implementing strategies for some of the world?s best known companies over the past forty years in more than one-thousand client engagements, and apply it, hands-on, to your organization.
Use applicable interface devices and appropriate test equipment to monitor digital central offices and associated facilities.
Make decisions and take actions to insure uninterrupted service.
Respond to system messages and associated alarms to determine the root cause of network problems and to take appropriate corrective action.
Analyze switch performance, system faults, customer reports, initiating corrective actions when necessary.
Perform routine testing both on site and from remote test facilities, sometimes coordinating with other departments, customers, and other interconnecting telco personnel.
Maintain technical documentation, office records, drawings, archived printouts, and site logs.
Interpret and input complex software translation changes for system upgrades.
Perform routine and preventive maintenance on power distribution systems, including battery plants.
Perform routine system data backup to disk and tape.
Work with Central Office Installation and performs acceptance testing on new systems.
Assist in the alignment and testing of remote facilities, digital transmission spans, special circuits and associated transmission equipment.
Work with Testboard and Outside Plant personnel to isolate Outside Plant problems.
Perform outside plant testing during hours the Repair Center is not staffed.
High school diploma or equivalent
1-4 years of training/experience/education
Extensive knowledge of associated central office systems including: transmission, special circuits, T-carrier, fiber optic, and power distribution.
Ability to interpret schematic diagrams, office drawings, engineering change notices, circuit layout designs, technical manuals, and procedures.
Ability to climb ladders, to lift and maneuver 50 pounds, to differentiate colors, to use computer keyboard/mouse and a valid Alaska drivers license are critical for movement into this position.
Possess basic personal computer and typing skills.
Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
Ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks.
Ability to work directly with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
Possess the necessary organizational skills and attitude to maintain a neat, clean, and orderly work area.
We have extensive experience in helping companies keep up with the dramatic changes in distribution center and warehouse operations. Our warehouse design consulting team combines on-the-floor data gathering with sophisticated modeling techniques to produce and implement warehouse/distribution center operation plans that provide increased savings and reliability for tomorrow while keeping the inventory moving today.
Post a Job
Production AND Assembly Workers Asap!!!!!!
PRODUCTION AND ASSEMBLY WORKERS NEEDED IMMEDIATELY.
CAN START WORK TONIGT!!!
AVERAGE 50+ HOURS A WEEK!!!!!!
NIGHT SHIFT 12HR SHIFT FROM 6PM-6AM.
PART TIME AND FULL TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE.
APPLY IN PERSON TO SKYCO STAFFING SERVICE 2115 MIDDLEBROOK PIKE KNOXVILLE TN
APPLICATIONS TAKEN MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY FROM 7:30 AM UNTIL 11:30 AM
BRING VALID DRIVER LICENSE SOCIAL SECURITY CARD OR BIRTH CERTIFICATE.
Post a Job
Other required skills:
- assembly: 1 year
- Driver's License
Pay Rate - $10 - 12/hr
Our Seating Systems is recognized as a leading designer, developer, and manufacturer of a broad spectrum of aerospace specialty seating products. Our state-of-the-art business jet seats are showcased on regional, business, major OEMs and custom private aircraft. Our portfolio includes proprietary products designed specifically for Pilatus, Embraer, Dassault, Bombardier, Gulfstream and custom customers such as Airbus, Lufthansa, and Jet Aviation. We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges - safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
This is an entry-level position that assembles aircraft products under direct supervision and performs routine and repetitive assembly operations and processes. Person must be self-motivated and can work independently or within a team
List the major position responsibilities in order of priority. (This description is intended to be only a general outline of major responsibilities. It is expected that the employee performs these and any other activities which may be assigned or which may occur in the normal course of work. It is also expected that the employee be available to work hours in excess of 40 per week.)
Under direct supervision, produces sub-assemblies.
Performs routine and standard tasks with minimal assistance
Reads and assembles per standard work or blueprint instructions, with some guidance
Contacts material handler or planner if shortages exist or incorrect parts are in bins
Participates in all team stand-ups
Abides by UTAS safety guidelines and seeks to eliminate EH&S safety risks and hazards
Adheres to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct
Provides continuous improvement ideas in order to support lean and ACE initiatives
May perform other job duties as required and available for overtime as necessary
Focus on compliance to requirements and satisfying customers by achieving “zero defect” quality.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
Degree Requirement: High School Diploma and/or GED
Years of experience in lieu of education: None
Experience Required: Indicate the minimum years of experience and type of experience required to effectively perform the essential functions and responsibilities of this position.
No years of relevant assembly experience; proven mechanical capability preferred
Reads and understands English
Operate hand tools, electrical tools, hand cutters, measuring equipment
Ability to read blue prints with some supervision
Basic computer skills
Ability to install fasteners, rivets and hardware
Willing to perform any task necessary to ensure the on-time delivery of the product to the customer
Willing to cross-train and work in all areas of assembly operation
Ability to work in a team environment
Willing to perform hand and body warm-up exercises to minimize potential for repetitive motion injuries
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Must be able to work in a standing position for a minimum of 8 hours per day.
Consistently be at work and communicate appropriately any attendance issues with your supervisor as per policy
Consistently at their work station at the appropriately scheduled time
Does not abuse breaks and/or departure times
We think our Company is one of the most unique and exciting consulting firms. Working here means you will be involved with a variety of projects that span multiple disciplines, applications, and industries.
No other company possesses the technical depth and breadth of our staff's experience. It is this experience that makes it possible for us to work on such fascinating and diverse projects.
This position will perform inspections at construction sites.
Your specific duties will include:
Reviewing plans, designs and drawings submitted by engineers to verify compliance of as-built conditions
Providing consultation services relating to environmental health and safety compliance challenges our client?s personnel face each day.
Establishing and maintaining statistical records and files as required and preparing reports and correspondence as assigned
Performing related duties as necessary
You must have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. You must also be self motivated and able to work autonomously, and must present a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
Specific qualifications include:
Minimum of 1 - 2 years professional experience;
At our Company, variety is a way of life, and no two work days are alike. Our projects will technically challenge you in ways that you have never experienced before.
You will work on real-world problems and provide real-world solutions. You will work in teams to quickly research difficult problems, perform analyses or tests, and provide clients with conclusions and workable solutions. You might be in the laboratory on Monday, take field samples in remote locations like Alaska or Peru on Wednesday, and present your findings in front of a regulatory body on Friday. You will work with your peers on select investigations, but you will also have the opportunity to collaborate with many other accomplished colleagues of diverse technical backgrounds.
Post a Job
Currently seeking candidates for the position of Quality Inspector for both day and night shifts.
Candidates must have prior experience in a production CNC machining environment. Able to read process sheets and use in process gaging. Must be able to read blue prints and understand SPC. CMM experience helpful.
Post a Job
Quality Inspector - Containment
- 100% inspecting plastic Injection Molding parts for new product launch.
- Visually inspecting for cosmetic and functional issues.
- Utilizing hand Go/No Go gauges.
- Repacking the parts and ensuring that the parts are packed correctly
- The correct count of parts are in the container
- That the parts are not mixed with other parts
- Maintain records to support customer requirements
- Maintain records in accordance to ISO 9000 and TS 16949
- Maintain detailed records of the contractor’s daily operations and events that affect the work, monitoring, and inspecting contractor’s work zone traffic control plan as well as reviewing modifications to the plan.
- Perform sampling and testing of component materials and completed work in accordance with the construction contract
- Prepare and check engineering computations
- Inspect the construction work and conduct field tests
- Manage the team of inspectors (coordinate their schedules, etc.)
- HS Diploma
- Associate’s degree is a plus
- 10+ years inspection or engineering experience (3+ years in roadway/bridge inspection)
- Experience as a CEI/CM Senior Inspector on Roadway and Bridge Construction Projects or prior roadway/bridge construction experience
· Change Orientation
· Client Focus