Assembly Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Assembly Machine Operator
Assembles batteries on automatic welder, heat seal, and related equipment.
Makes changeover setups on automatic welding machine and poly case heat seal machine and related machines with the aid of machine setup cards.
Visually inspects for lead expulsion, blowout holes, cold welds, cracked partitions, damaged straps or missing separators, etc. May remove elements, replace with good units and reweld battery.
May assemble covers to battery as soon as possible after extrusion of cover sealant into the covers. Manually places and pushes cover down on container to check post alignment. Loads poly case covers to cover hopper in poly case heat seal machine.
Makes test welds per specification.Monitors the automatic pressure test date code branding machine.
Makes changeovers on the pressure tester for different group sizes and changes date code when needed.
Monitors APB machine and checks for complete post burn.
Responsible for keeping work area clean and orderly. Clean machine and area at end of shift.
Greases and oils machines and may make minor repairs to equipment. Practices preventive maintenance and exercises care in operating machines.
Monitors and replenishes auto charge eye machine.
May perform other job related functions that may be added within available time as shown by actual time studies. May keep records of production and prepares daily production and time reports using correct counts and incentive rates.
High School Diploma or GED
Assembly Machine Operator
Assembly Machine Operator
Company: Monogram Aerospace Fasteners
Primary Location: 3423 S Garfield Avenue, Commerce, CA 90040 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Mechanically assembles, operates various assembly machines, manual or automatic, to assemble various types and sizes of components. Machine operations performed may include, but are not limited to: bumping, re-sizing, drive nut assembly, crimping, sleeve insertion, nut stamping, groove cutting, knurling, etc.
Description of Essential Functions and
Under specific direction and subject to review, performs the following:
Operate and maintain the equipment assigned to produce accurate assemblies.
Verify that assembly results coincide with production requirements through visual inspection or through touch and feel of completed process.
Provide necessary counts, processes documentation correctly, and maintains daily production logs using computer software applications or production worksheets. Keeps interim records for subassemblies, material, tooling, rework, etc.
Maintain high level of housekeeping orderliness and work organization.
Works as an active team member by participating in problem solving, team building, and all other team activities to improve the processes, productivity, quality, etc. of the assembly operations. Uses interpersonal skills as well as good written and verbal communications. Assists other tarn members as required.
Equipment/Process Responsibilities – Performs duties where property, tools, equipment, or machines may be damaged, or man hours lost through improper daily maintenance and attention to processing. Assures the assembly process runs as productively and efficiently as possible through assigned work area.
Material or Product Responsibilities – Performs duties that require close attention to work and supporting documentation specifications and other requirements. Responsible for final assembly at times as well as accuracy of parts assembled or machined. Visually and/ or with measuring instruments checks work performed for proper results.
Responsibility for Work of Others – Most communications require some explanation within well established procedures. Accuracy of communications is mandatory to success of qualification of part, information is product relate whether for process, quality, or production / assembly based. Not complex.
Safety Responsibilities – Good housekeeping of work area. Knowledge of machine and assembly safety required.
Adherence to Company safety rules is mandatory. Protective equipment and clothing appropriate to the task at hand required.
Initiative and Ingenuity
- Requires some initiative regarding rework of assemblies with in good assembly practices. Demonstrates some initiative in solving problems associated with the operation of the assembly machines as well as adapting tooling and shop aids to complete assembly or assembly machining operations.
Makes suggestions for improving the efficiency of work flow or equipment operation. Takes on, or report for, additional work as current tasks are completed
- Work is in a machine shop environment where noise, temperature fluctuations, the repetitive nature of job, etc. are less desirable than in a typical office environment.
- Possible hazards related to cuts, bruises, and strains. Protective equipment and clothing appropriate to the task at hand required.
- Job requires some physical exertion through lifting, twisting, bending, etc. of a limited degree. Sometimes job assignments require sitting and standing for longer periods than 15 minutes at one time.
- Work is highly repetitive and monotonous. Some degree of problem solving and improvisation of assembly techniques to resolve rework activities and or get original assemblies qualified. Organizes work flow and tracks work operations on assembly machine(s).
- Assembly and machining work require moderate eye concentration over longer periods of time. Attention to detail is necessary, requires close and distance vision, color vision, depth perception.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
Demonstrated ability to read and write English of a level required in company shop documents and computer software entry and processing requirements. Must be capable of applying correctly basic arithmetic operations such as counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing of a level required in cell assembly / machining operations.
Must be able to communicate with supervision and other team / cell members effectively to solve assembly operation problems and other related matters.
3-6 months or equivalent - familiarity with assembly of mechanical detailed parts using various hand tools, assembly bench machines, assembly equipment, and checking of parts machined or assembled. Must read precision measuring instruments - calipers and micrometers. Must read assembly prints similar or comparable to ones used in shop assembly operations.
Must be familiar with operation of assembly machines same or similar to those used by company.
Location_formattedLocationLong:Commerce, California US
Community / Marketing Title:Assembly Machine Operator
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Machine And Assembly Operators
* Operate punch press and machine feeding.
* Operates production machinery.
* Sets equipment/machinery to required settings.
* Monitors operation of machinery or equipment.
* Determines whether materials or products meet standards.
* Must be able to stand for 10hr shift.
* Must be able to lift 35lb+.
* 1st Shift
- 6AM to 430PM - Monday
- Thursday (overtime as needed)
* 2nd Shift
- 430PM to 3AM - Monday
- Thursday (overtime as needed)
2.Packaging Operators - $10
* Packaging Parts in a Safe and Efficient Way
No experience necessary/ Will train
Employee Perks and Discount
Group Rate Benefits
Online Books and Training FREE!
Services®, we work with the best.
Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
]] No experience necessary/ Will train
2nd and 3rd Shift Only- 2nd Shift 3pm- 11pm & 3rd Shift 11pm- 7am
Compensation: $15.00 Per Hour
Reports to: Production Lead; Production Manager
Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. These must all meet the specifications required by production instructions (PI). Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately according to specifications and in a timely manner. Operates a computer and barcode scanner.
Operate and tend equipment or machinery to perform product assembly or fabrication
Summary of essential job functions
Operate manual and/or automatic machines, operate computers and barcode scanners. This position includes the following functions:
Hose cutting: Full cutting instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-008-0.
Pressure testing –Full pressure testing instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-013-0
Crimper – Entry Level – Full crimping instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-011-0
Meeting or exceeding all team production goals on a consistent basis.
Observing equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and management be notified immediately. .
Wearing all required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
Performing general cleanup and maintenance of your work area.
Minimum requirements and prerequisites
All- High school diploma or equivalent; company indoctrination including machine operation and safety instruction.
Be able to stand for extended periods; be able to hear and understand warning tones and verbal commands; have basic computer skills; be able to lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted; be able to read and understand production instructions; be able to measure accurately using steel scales and angle meters. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed. All personnel must be available for overtime work according to the business needs of the company.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Immediate opening for a Machine Operator in the Brookville, OH area. This is a 1st shift position
Machine Operator Apprentice
Reports To: Supervisor and Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for all activities associated with running a Flexo or Rotary Die Cutter including: setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
Sets up and runs the Load Former, feeding the machine
Reviews job tickets, print cards, and quality inspection paperwork with machine Captain
Sets up and operates the pre-feeder.
Reads job order and mounts specified rubber print plate and printing dies on cylinder.
Installs cylinder on shaft, and secures assembly in bed of press.
Fills dye fonts with prescribed inks or dyes.
Moves levers to engage dye rolls, adjusting position of cylinder to print two or more colors without overlapping or smearing previously printed area.
Starts press, adjusting speed, tension, and alignment of printing plate as necessary.
Cuts sample of printed material from end of printed roll and inspects for imperfections, such as blurred or off-center impressions.
Cleans rubber plate, cylinder, and dye fonts, using solvent, and lubricates press as needed, using grease gun.
May mix inks or dyes to produce desired colors.
Sets up rails, print, and die cut section on machinery accurately in accordance with proper setup techniques.
Inspects all dies before and after run to ensure that any necessary repairs are made before the next run.
Ensures all bolts for cutting dies are in place and tightly secured.
Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to, loose liner, warp, correct size, and print.
Checks anilox rolls for damage.
Maximizes the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
Cross trains and assist Helpers, Stackers, and Bundlers with job duties on the machine.
Cross-train on other machines.
Completes necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data,
Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data. Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs.
Must be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
Switches duties with stacker as necessary.
Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
Reports any issues to Supervisor.
Adherence to company policies, including its attendance is essential.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or 2-3 to years related experience and/or training. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment or similar industry experience preferred.
Boxes, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Assembly Operator - Third Shift
Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition
Detect and report defective materials or equipment issues
Follow all safety processes and procedures
Meet delivery target
Produce parts to standard.
Shift 3 (United States of America)
Full or Part Time
Delta Faucet Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, protected status as a veteran, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.
Delta Faucet Company is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.
CNC Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Must have previous CNC machine operating experience where you had to program or enter job specs into a computer terminal!
Starting Pay Rate: Up to $14/hour Depending on experience
Third shift works Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm to 6am; Friday 6pm to 11pm (48 to 53 hours/week).
- MUST have woodworking experience.
- Must be familiar with industrial table saw operation.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Experience with setting up and operating a CNC machine
- Ability to read and interpret documents, blueprints, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to understand general programming
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
- Experience with basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, surface plate checks and optical comparators
CNC Machine Operator - Full Time - 1:00Pm To 9:00Pm
Zaniboni Lighting’s Mission is to inspire with world with beautiful lighting. Our vision of a brighter world begins with our beautifully designed lighting.
We believe that each one of us can make a difference, and that the passion and pride we put into our work every day brings about an infectious vibe of fun and excitement.
We are seeking like-minded individuals that want to contribute to our culture of confident, respectful and team spirited people geared towards expansion.
To operate one of our cutting-edge computer controlled machinery, including the latest CNC milling machines and CNC turning lathes that convert, through Cad/Cam interface, our engineer’s 3D drawings into the many components our products are made out of.
We have 2-Axis, 3-Axis and 4-Axis CNC Mill and Lathe machines, making simple pieces out of Aluminum and Stainless Steel.
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
- Maintain high productivity while producing quality parts.
- Responsible for in process inspection (utilizing calipers, micrometers)
- Must be able to work off of blueprints
- Use shop math in checking parts.
- Perform basic maintenance to the machines (clean and maintain, no mechanical repairs)
- Maintain the machine within the scope of its ability.
- Maintain all paperwork associated with producing the part and maintaining company records.
- Machine knowledge equivalent to one to two years of experience on CNC machines
- Apprenticeship or trade school required
- Working knowledge of shop math (Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry).
- Must know how to use calipers and micrometers
- Required Lifting: 30 Pounds; Lifting Frequency: Daily
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time (2-4 hours continuous)
We are a Florida Drug Free Workplace. The company requires all employees to complete a pre-employment 10 panel drug screen; employment status will be dependent on ability to pass this screening and partake on a quarterly random screen.
Hours, compensation and benefits:
Monday through Friday 1:00 PM to 9:00PM with two paid 15-minute breaks and a full un-paid lunch hour.
Salary for this positions is $14.00 per hour based on experience.
After a successful 90-day performance review and probationary period, employees become eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, paid holidays and paid time off that increase with longevity.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!