Assembly Supervisor Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assembly Supervisor
Assembly Supervisor (Electrical Background Preferred)
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Responsible for efficient operation of the assembly departments and the manufacturing and assembly of all scoreboards and signs. Responsible for the overall quality of these completed products. Provide leadership and direction to the entire department(s). Responsible for all lean implementation and objectives within the department.
1. Instill quality, efficiency and good work habits within department. Enter all quality incidents into the system daily.
2. Maintain a uniform, consistent ,and unbiased treatment of all department employees while consistently applying the basic principles and requiring use of them within the department.
3. Responsible for departmental discipline. Must document and hold all employees responsible for behaviors, actions and quality.
4. Responsible for compliance with all OSHA requirements; department safety awareness, accident prevention and accident investigations. Be a participant in the investigation along with the safety manager and employee and complete the incident/injury forms in a timely manner.
5. Responsible for promoting good housekeeping at all times, utilizing the 6S program consistently.
6. Keep all equipment and tools in safe working order. Report all repairs as needed to maintenance. Remove all worn or broken tools from the floor.
7. Make sure all new department employees are properly trained on machinery and equipment within department.
8. Assign work to department employees.
9. Schedule vacation/paid time off within department to maintain a sufficient number of employees to meet production schedule. Turn in Supervisory sheet and POS forms daily into HR.
10 Requisition of materials, supplies, and tools as required.
11. Work with Sales Department to schedule shipments as required to meet customers’ schedules.
12. Work with other supervisors for timely completion of other manufactured parts.
13. Meet production and maintain production schedules for delivery
14. Write work order requests for sub-assemblies and finished products.
15. Schedule orders with vinyl layout department both for customer approvals and for production.
16. Schedule training sessions, both for the entire department and/or for individuals as needed, and fill out and turn in proper documentation.
17. Hold daily huddles to consist of: department & company information, safety concerns & training, lean training, etc.
18. Embrace new hires and buddy them up with a co-worker to be trained & welcomed within our facility.
19. Attend daily production meetings to ensure that all departments are aware of customer orders and that delivery dates are met.
20. All training schedules must be maintained.
Preferred individual would have 3-5 years experience in an assembly line type manufacturing process. Basic knowledge of electronics and electrical wiring would be helpful. Able to coach and communicate effectively with employees is required. Prior supervisory experience desired. Attend and apply all lean training within your department. Computer literacy in AS400 or a similar manufacturing software package, Microsoft Office software (word, excel, e-mail, etc.) along with internet experience.
Engineered Medical Systems looking to hire a full time Assembly Supervisor for 1st shift. Hours of production would be Monday-Friday 7am-3pm, occaisional overtime will be required during peak seasons. Must have reliable transportation, good work ethics and be a Team-Player. Must have prior supervisor experience. Individual will be responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of Team Leaders and Assembly Technicians engaged in the assembly process in order to meet production requrements.
Cut To Size is a growing high-volume cabinet manufacturing facility located in Addison, IL. Our job shop environment provides the right person an opportunity to coordinate multiple projects through our assembly department. You will be responsible for all assembly operations, processes and personnel with an emphasis on quality and timeliness. This position reports to the company president.
* Oversee and coordinate all activities in the Assembly Department including training, production and quality control.
* Estimate lead time needed for each job. Work closely with Purchasing and Production to ensure all parts are available to meet lead time requirements to accomplish on-time shipments.
* Ensure all outgoing product meets quality standards.
* Provide leadership and technical guidance to subordinates by prioritizing and assigning tasks, establishing processes and procedures and standards.
* Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow
* Ensure that production, safety and quality standards are established and upheld.
* Incorporate shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
* Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses through process improvements.
* 3-5 years Cabinet Assembly Experience required
* Supervisory experience required
* Knowledge of AWI Standards is a plus
* Able to deal with complexity
* Understanding & implementation of lean manufacturing principles
* Understanding of custom woodworking fabrication, installation, and types of materials preferred
Cut To Size offers a small business team oriented environment where your contribution directly impacts the company’s performance. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, Vacation and Holiday pay, Health Care, Dental, Vision and a Simple-IRA.
Please submit resumes to Maria Karkos at email@example.com.
Assembly Supervisor - Second Shift
Lead a group of fewer than 25 people performing assembly operations, primarily doors for all-steel cabs which have a large number of very light, light or average weight parts, by performing a wide variety of fitting, assembly and alignment procedures. Assign work. Perform any variety of operations within group to maintain workflow. Has full departmental authority in manager's absence.
Essential Job Functions:
Follow all safety procedures and always work in a safe manner.
Assign work according to the production schedule, and as directed by the Department Manager.
Establish and direct the sequence of production operations, with direction from the Department Manager.
Help ensure that the production equipment is in good repair. Perform minor equipment repair and maintenance.
Communicate with other internal departments to maintain production flow.
Expedite incoming components, and stack/store the completed subassemblies for packing on the first shift.
Act as a resource for management, providing information related to the nightly production runs, shipping concerns, manpower concerns, etc.
Provide supervision and training as required to develop the skills of employees.
Be responsible for all departmental safety including new employee training and retraining, the wearing of required personal protective equipment, accident/ incident investigation and reporting, physical hazard inspections, maintenance of safety devices/equipment, and recommending rotating members for the safety committee.
When not performing supervisory or shipping duties, perform regular assembly duties and other departmental duties as required.
Education: Associate Degree or 8 years of related experience.
Experience: 8 years experience as a Department Supervisor in a manufacturing setting.
Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate project statuses, goals, and objectives with the workforce and management.
Work under minimal supervision and be responsible for interviews, select employees; train; plan, schedule, and assign work; evaluate performance; and take disciplinary action with the guidance of the HR Manager.
Equipment to be used: Standard office equipment, hand tools, hand power tools, fork truck.
Physical Demands: Standing, bending and reaching. Relatively mid to high noise level. Must wear earplugs, safety glasses and steel toe shoes. Manual dexterity required to operate equipment. Normal range of vision and hearing.
Salary: $47,000 to $55,000 USD.
Mental Demands: Ability to analyze and understand many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the organization as it relates to the objectives of the production schedule. Must be creative and handle diverse issues almost daily. Conflict resolution. Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, strong attention span, ability to listen and perceive underlying problems and bring issues to successful conclusion.
Working Conditions: Occasional overtime or odd hours. Factory setting.
This exciting opportunity exists in a rapidly growing, vibrant manufacturing company in Worcester, MA. Based on successfully executing on our growth strategy, Curtis Industries LLC is experiencing extraordinary growth in our business of providing cab enclosures, snow control products, and accessories for the tractor, utility vehicle, and golf car markets. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and looking to stretch beyond the requirements of the standard to use elements of our QMS as a competitive advantage.
EOE/ADA/Drug Free Employer. No phone calls please.
Volt has partnered with an established Aerospace Company based in Burbank, Ca and we are looking for an Assembly Supervisor. The highly qualified candidate selected will be responsible for the performance and support of the assembly units by working with a strong team. Directly responsible to carry out the orders of the Operations Manager within the policies, procedures, contract and guidelines established; maintains quality, production, safety and other standards. Supervises all union personnel involved in carrying out this function.
- Directs all work in their assigned departments
- Utilize all resources (machinery, materials, people, outside services) provided by the various staff functions to control both detailed and final operations to maintain overall performance of the department. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Using the Production Schedules and daily status report furnished by the Production Control function to control production and prevent delinquencies.
- Approving and applying promptly all time standards by the Manufacturing Engineering function and seeing to it that they are properly administered and used. Keeping abreast of all method changes in the department, regardless of where initiated, and being fully responsible for reporting all such changes promptly to the Manufacturing Engineering function.
- Using the variance reports form Data Processing as a guide to take necessary corrective action to keep costs in line with the budget.
- Utilizing the Managing for Daily Improvement Boards to organize and lead the cell leadership team, driving the Lean Manufacturing culture, completing Point Kaizens and participating in Kaizen events to eliminate waste in the cell.
- Overcomes obstacles, such as material shortages or machine / tooling breakdowns which may interfere with meeting schedules or maintaining quality; enlists the assistance of Tooling and Engineering, Production Control, Manufacturing Engineering and other departments.
This job requires the direct supervision of hourly, union employees.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a college level degree (BA, BS).
- Must have a minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience, preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- Must have leadership experience in a unionized, Lean Manufacturing focused environment.
- Must be a self starter with problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to interpret complicated drawings, understand all types of machinery, production techniques (including heat treatment and other types of special metal processing), and knowledge of the properties of metals.
- Must be able to use shop mathematics, tables and charts to solve production machine shop problems.
- Must be able to use tact and diplomacy in dealing with shop personnel and be fully capable of exercising supervisory responsibilities.
MAPICS manufacturing software; MS Excel spreadsheet software, MS Word, and MS Powerpoint software.
"Volt is an equal opportunity employer"
Assembly Group Leader - Assembly Supervisor
We are in search of an Assembly Group Leader or Assembly Supervisor to direct and lead a small group of Assemblers.
Assembly Group Leader or Assembly Supervisor will provide direction for small parts assembly, mechanical assembly and will be in a clean room.
Assembly Group Leader or Assembly Supervisor is a temp to hire position at a fortune 1000 company offering excellent opportunities for career growth in the future.
Assembly Group Leader or Assembly Supervisor will have either Mechanical, Electronic or Optical Assembly experience with good leadership abilities
Strong motivational and communication skills are a must with ability to train and monitor the work of 4 to 6 Assemblers.
To be considered must have the ability to assemble small parts, components and sub-assemblies for growing company manufacturing a high tech product line.
If you have solid assembly skills and leadership or supervisory experience, and have lead Assemblers of any type, and want to enter into the optics industry, this is a great opportunity to learn and grow in this dynamic field.
Assembly Group Leader or Assembly Supervisor will be responsible for the assembly of small mechanical devices, lenses and printed circuit boards a plus. Must have some mechanical component assembly experience. Will assemble, test and inspect all assemblies and sub-assemblies.
The job requires working with very small parts so good fine-motor skills are required.
Assembly Group Leader or Assembly Supervisor is responsible for assembling and testing all variations of products.
Will use Inspection techniques and Measurement tools and have the ability to document and improve processes.
Lead, mentor and train and small group of Electrical, Mechanical, or Optical Assemblers
Assemble electro-mechanical subassemblies and optical components
Inspect incoming and outgoing products
Assemble final product and perform lens inspection
Inspection of incoming and outgoing product
Assist in documenting new assembly procedures
Interact with assembly, QC and engineering personnel.
Comply with the Clean Room Protocol when entering a clean room environment.
Must have the ability to work with small parts, lens, and measurement tools.
Ability to work in a clean room, have excellent corrected vision and may be required to work under a microscope.
Good math, computer and communication skills, both verbal and written are essential.
Hours are Monday thru Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM with plenty of overtime.
Excellent pay and benefits.
Education requirements are high school graduate/GED with trade school or college a plus.
Must be able to pass a background and drug screen.
If you would like to be considered for this OUTSTANDING opportunity, please forward your confidential resume today.
We look forward to assisting you in your job search today.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, handicap, disability or marital status. We reasonably accommodate individuals with handicaps, disabilities and bona fide religious beliefs.
Assembly Supervisor – 2Nd Shift
Who we are: The Spaceship Company (TSC) is Virgin Galactic’s wholly owned space-system manufacturing organization.
Headquartered at Mojave Air and Space Port in Mojave, California, it is building and testing a fleet of WhiteKnightTwo carrier aircraft and SpaceShipTwo reusable spaceships that, together, form Virgin Galactic’s human spaceflight system. Like many Virgin companies across the world, its team of over 350 talented and dedicated engineers, technicians and professionals are drawn together by a willingness to disrupt and challenge the status quo and deliver innovative aerospace solutions to our customers’ needs. TSC’s extensive capabilities encompass preliminary vehicle design and analysis, manufacturing, ground testing, flight testing and post-delivery support.
Our Values TSC and the greater Virgin Organization have a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility.
You will work well under pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Who You Are The Spaceship Company (TSC) is seeking first rate highly qualified aircraft manufacturing supervisor to lead our composite bonding/assembly and systems installation/integration teams on our Second Shift of our dynamic Production Team. Second shift receives a 10% pay differential This role is for hands-on people with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. The first task will be to quickly learn and understand the unique bonding and assembly processes used in the production of these aircraft, and then will oversee the installation and check-out of all aircraft systems, including mechanical, fuel, hydraulic, pneumatic, environmental, avionics/electrical and propulsion systems.
This supervisory position will help refine and improve the production processes, equipment, and tools in order to create an efficient, organized, and lean factory. Each supervisor works hands-on alongside shop floor personnel to produce top quality aircraft and spaceships, and contribute to process improvement using lean processes and tools. Your Mission:
Effectively lead Shop Floor Technicians: Work closely with Production Control Department to forecast completion dates and estimate work package durations. Assign daily tasks to shop staff to ensure daily milestones are met/exceeded.
Act as a model of personal integrity, high productivity and consistently safe working habits for your team. Provide development and training opportunities for shop staff through excellent technical coaching and leadership skills. Inspire, motivate and mobilize your team to accomplish complex tasks.
Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action Execute strategic goals and objectives in support of the overall company goals and objectives. Embody all Virgin Values (Insatiable curiosity, heartfelt service, delightfully surprising, straight up, red hot and smart disruption) regularly in your daily duties, communication and interaction with everyone you come in contact with. Encourages other employees to do the same and leads by exemplary service.
Oversee hands‐on manufacturing: Supervising composite aircraft assembly to including but not limited to: bond prep via hand sanding, dry fitting components, hand working parts to fit, hand trimming, wet layup, applying adhesives and fixturing/locating structure. Utilize your overall general knowledge of Aircraft (Avionics, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Propulsion Systems and Mechanical Systems) to structurally prepare the aircraft for systems integration and functional testing.
Work with internal customer to support delivery and acceptance testing (ground and flight) processes as well as supporting post build vehicle modifications and heavy maintenance visits. Maintain quality by establishing and enforcing organization standards Ensure program objectives are being met in accordance with Master Schedules Cooperate effectively with Manufacturing, Design and Quality Engineers to ensure what the shop builds meets our high standards for design and quality. Utilize computer skills to support manufacturing of product(s) Work with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to manage material and product review process.
Educate workforce on proper use of ERP and Materials Resource Planning (MRP) systems. Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests. Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs to include:
Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project. Second Shift schedule 9/80 Schedule based 3:30pm-1am - Monday-Thursday 3:30pm-12:30am – On Friday Every opposite Friday scheduled off 10% pay differential What you bring: 5 years of experience as a lead or supervisor in a composite aircraft manufacturing/production environment required. 5 years of experience with a broad range composite structural assembly, including build to print, repair or modification, build sequencing and an overall knowledge of composite assembly techniques including composite build materials. Hands-on experience in a precision yet manual manufacturing setting, composites aircraft fabrication and/or assembly strongly preferred.
Must have a broad background in aircraft manufacturing & operations and be proficient in inspecting, maintaining, and servicing aircraft. Ability to read and interpret systems installation visual aids and planning, and be trained in the structural assembly processes. Strong team player with excellent interpersonal, coaching, and leadership skills.
Extreme attention to detail and continual pursuit of perfection. Excellent organizational skills - easily capable of effectively juggling and completing multiple tasks at the same time. Capable of working under pressure.
Autonomous and capable of making decisions and delegating tasks. Knowledge of lean manufacturing philosophies and tools a plus. Experience with manufacturing based ERP systems a plus.
Comfortable working in a non-temperature controlled environment. Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) The Spaceship Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Spaceship Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Not ready to apply?
Connect with us for general consideration. Posted by StartWire
Post a Job
Aerotek has a new production supervisor opening available. This Supervisor would act as a floor lead, helping to line up assembly work, and debug issues as they arise on the floor.
Job duties include but are not limited to: Schedule work to maximize efficiency Work with operators to handle basic shop floor issues Work collaboratively with union employees to support production goals Hold people accountable Requirements for this position include: Degree (Associates or better) OR union experience Union experience is highly desirable 5 years of Production Supervisor experience Interested candidates should reach out to Zac Paeth at or (847)-273-3616 About Aerotek:
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees.
Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodationaerotek.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting.
The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position. Contact Information Name: Zachary Paeth Email: zpaethaerotek.com Phone: 8472737964 Posted by StartWire
Post a Job
About WestRock About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com. ASSEMBLY SUPERVISOR 1 Gateway Commerce Center Dr W, Suite B Edwardsville, Illinois, 62025 United States SUMMARY:Supervises the Assembly process which includes working both on the plant floor and in an office setting. The position monitors ongoing production task, production quantities and efficiencies, quality, safety and assures paperwork and computer entry is accurateESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:•Maintain production line efficiency, quality, cleanliness and safety.•Maintain all appropriate paperwork.•Provide training for all employees.•Conducts plant safety meetings.•Maintain compliance with all safety rules/regulations in order to ensure a safe working environment.•Ensures adherence to Federal Good Manufacturing Practices.•Evaluate employee performance.•Maintain accurate inventory counts.•Be able to handle all aspects in employee relations.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Assembly Line LeadersCOMPETENCIES:To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:Ability to Execute
Targets and achieves results, sets and accomplishes challenging goals, prioritizes and manages tasks effectively, maintains an organized system to monitor progress, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets standards and responsibilities, may provide leadership/motivation.Commitment to Task
Meets commitments, works independently, accepts ownership of projects and outcomes, takes personal responsibility and sets objectives/standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements, shows a sense of urgency about getting results.Communication
Clearly exchanges thoughts, ideas and messages through written, verbal and non-verbal methods that promote an understanding with the target audience. Creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers engaging presentations, shares information and ideas with others in a timely manner. Listens carefully and attentively.Customer Focus
For both internal and external customers, builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met in a timely manner, solicits opinions and ideas from customers.Diversity
Supports an inclusive workplace, incorporates different viewpoints and ideas to maximize performance and contributions of employees, develops strengths in team members, deals respectfully with colleagues, customers and vendors at all levels, understands his/her role in building and sustaining a culture of high performance.Initiative
Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development, demonstrates a bias for action without prompting.Innovation
Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, pursues ongoing improvements, supports change, encourages originality, solves problems creatively.Quality
Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, continuously looks for improvements, finds root cause of problems, owns/acts on problems, seeks opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.Safety Mindset
Promotes a respect for safety, keeps workplace clean and safe, supports safety programs, policies/procedures, takes preventative and corrective action to address potential safety hazards and prevent future injuries, resists temptation to cut corners where safety is concerned, follows all safety related company policies and complies with location specific safety rules, drives safely on and off company property.QUALIFICATIONSThe requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or ExperienceHigh school diploma or GED minimum.Language SkillsAbility to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. May require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. May require the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.Mathematical SkillsAbility to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.Reasoning AbilityAbility to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.Computer SkillsTo perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and basic computer skills.OTHER QUALIFICATIONSPrior management experience is required Posted by StartWire
Assembly Manager / Automotive Plant
Primary responsibilities: Safety, Quality, Cost and Productivity.
- Observe and follow rules and regulations
- Maintain satisfactory work area through implementation of 5S
- Effectively eliminate safety concerns identified by assembly and plant personnel
- Communicate with supervisor all safety items requiring assistance
- Investigate accidents, identify root cause, provide countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence
- Assist Leader with first piece weld check
- Ensure sensor verification (pink part system) is effective and checked daily
- Ensure parts produced meet quality standards
- Perform rework or repair as required
- Monitor and control Red Box procedure, analyze problems as they arise, report excessive scrap or rework to Department Manager
- Develop cost reduction activities for scope of position within individual department
- Check equipment start-up and monitor or assist in tip maintenance or equipment problems
- Provide technicians with correct working supplies
- Assist in monthly line audits
- Be proactive in line Kaizen activities for productivity improvement, process NG reduction, scrap reduction
- Recommend and take an active role in improving production methods, technician and equipment performance, product quality and increase total department efficiency utilizing the Kaizen approach
- Identify issues with start-up times and administer a countermeasure
- Plan and coordinate equipment downtime control with lead, supervisor or support personnel where locator pins, sensors, weld gun condition, part fit, nut welders and nut feeders are concerned
- Complete other duties as assigned by Department Manager