Assembly Technician Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assembly Technician
Electro Optical Technician Or Systems Assembly Technician
We are searching for an Electro Optical Technician or Systems Assembly Technician for a top 100 manufacturing company in Rochester.
Electro Optical Technician or Systems Assembly Technician will have a minimum of 4 to 5 years’ experience in the area of Electronic assembly, Optical assembly or both.
Will also consider 5 years’ experience in precision machining or instrument-making plus 1 year experience with electro-optical assembly.
Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO, Bills of Material, Opto-mechanical principles, handling, cleaning, inspection of optical components, and electronics handling.
A self-starter, capable of working with very little direction.
Provide support for Electro-Optical Assembly & Test operations. Support to include, but may not be limited to; assembly, test, failure analysis, process development, writing work instructions, tooling design, scheduling, and equipment maintenance.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
Assembly & Test of optical sub-assemblies and final Electro-Optical Systems assemblies to meet scheduled work orders
Continuous improvement of processes with 5S and Lean Manufacturing guidelines
Equipment and Gage Capability Studies and recommendations/implementation of improvements
Design tooling and process to meet schedule and quality requirements and cost objectives
Responsible for following process within Electro-Optical Assembly & Test
Associates Degree or equivalent experience in related discipline is acceptable.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the area of Electro-Optical assembly or 5 years’ experience in precision machining or instrument-making plus 1 year experience with electro-optical assembly.
Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO, Bills of Material, (Opto-mechanical principles is a plus), handling, cleaning, inspection of optical components, and electronics handling.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Abilities required are good shop math skills, good manual dexterity with good communication skills and ability to work as part of team.
Must have good Blueprint Reading and Analytical troubleshooting / problem solving abilities.
Strong Computer skills
A self-starter, capable of working with very little direction with good time management skills
Associates Degree and/or equivalent experience in related discipline.
Company regulations require candidates to be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident with ability to pass a background and drug screen.
We look forward to assisting you in your job search today.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, handicap, disability or marital status. We reasonably accommodate individuals with handicaps, disabilities and bona fide religious beliefs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
Works with production /assembly instructions, parts lists, drawings and verbal instructions to assemble connectors.
Key Skills – minimum 5 years of experience
Ability to work from an Engineering Drawing
Ability to interpret dimensional tolerances and mechanical layout
Ability to read and follow wiring schematics for cable connections
Proficient in fine pitch electronic assembly
Prior or current J-STD Soldering certification
Ability to assemble in accordance with IPC-620 STD
Experience assembling using greater than 7X magnification
Responsible for interpreting and recording data on SPC charts and process capability studies
Performs tool and mechanical adjustments and does set-ups on machines Not sure this is applicable?
Responsible for in-process inspection of parts, and evaluates drawings and wiring diagrams for accuracy
Responsible for electrical testing and other special testing as required including but not limited to DWV, IR and Continuity testing
Responsible for instructing other workers on any drawing, wiring schematic and routing interpretation
Performs complex re-work
Builds prototypes from drawings
Work closely with process engineering providing feedback on router flow and manufacturability improvements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIESRequires knowledge typically attained through:
Completion of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED),
At least 5 or more years related experience or training; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to perform measurements with scales, calipers, various gauges, and hand micrometers.
Ability to hand or machine load sockets and straight pins.
Ability to perform adjustments to tools and equipment.
Ability to perform self-inspection of assemblies.
ITAR COMPLIANCE This position requires access to or use of information which is subject to the federal International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines "U.S. Person" as U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., person admitted as a refugee to the U.S., person granted asylum in the U.S., or person granted the status of alien lawfully admitted for temporary residence to the U.S. under 8 U.S.C. §1160(a) (for special agricultural workers) or 8 U.S.C. §1255(a)(1) (an amnesty program).
[Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability/Vet]
Since 1958, AirBorn believes employees are the company's most important asset. We, as employee owners, are responsible for the creative ingenuity that contributes to the company's success. Part of the excitement of working at AirBorn is knowing that each one of us plays a role in shaping the future achievements of the company.
Position: Assembly Technician
Plant ManagerTravel Required:
Yes; as-needed to support installations. Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a valid US passport with no travel restrictions.
Adherence to all established safety policies including the use of PPE and safe operation of equipment with the facility.
Responsible for executing all assigned tasks relating to the build, debug, and installation of high-speed, offset printing systems for the container/closure industry. Assigned tasks may include the following:
Simple Fabrication / Component Alteration
Electrical Wiring & Labeling
Rebuilding/Refurbishment of Customer Returned Parts
Shipping Crate/Skid Fabrication
Any other task as assigned by the Plant Manager
All travel is 100% paid for and includes per diem incentives for days away from home.
Typical work day is 7:30am-4:00pm; overtime and/or weekend/holiday hours may be required.
We are seeking a recent graduate interested in starting in the Assembly area to learn Manufacturing from the ground up to become an integral part of our team! You will perform assembly line tasks as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency.
- Work with a team to assemble life saving products.
- Rotate through tasks for specific production processes
- Conduct quality inspections on products and parts
- Prepare finished products for shipment
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Follow written procedures and record your activities
- Work Monday-Thursday 5:30-3:30.
- Engineering or Business background
- Mechanical or craft skills required.
- Sewing experience a plus.
- Familiarity with tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to work well in teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Assembly Technician Helper
If you are looking to gain valuable experience and knowledge that could lead you toward a great career, we currently have available what could be the perfect opportunity. We are looking for an assembly technician helper at a worldwide manufacturer of pneumatic and electromechanical automation devices located in Hauppauge NY. Responsibilities are to provide assistance to the assembly technicians. The only prior experience required is basic assembly and electrical wiring experience. This is a six month engagement and hours are M-F 7AM - 3:30PM. Pay is $18/hour and we offer a full package of benefits. For additional information about this outstanding opportunity, please contact our office asap at 631 406-4064.
We are currently looking to fill an Assembly Technician position with an East Tulsa company. Clean, climate-controlled facility.
Day shift hours- must be flexible with overtime
- High School Diploma or GED
- Stable work history
- At least 2 years of mechanical assembly experience
- Ability to interpret blueprints
- Experience with precision measuring tools
- Ability to use basic hand tools
If interested in this position and meet the requirements listed above, please submit resume for consideration.
General assembly of bill acceptor and coin mech units used in vending equipment, belting of units, replacing missing and broken parts. Training provided.
Basic knowledge of hand tools and proper use of them. Reassembly of components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts and subassemblies.
Able to read and speak English, sit for long periods of time.
Work Hours are Monday-Friday from 6:00AM to 2:30PM.
Apply in person.
The nation's number one service center for coin mechanisms, bill acceptors and control boards. Changer Services (CSI) is not just a repair center... we are our customer's business partners helping them make better business decisions.
Our team of electronics specialists is trained and certified on every currency device manufacturer's equipment. Our repair process for coin mechs, bill acceptors and vending control boards is thorough, professional and accountable.
Electrical Assembly Technician
A leading medical equipment distributor is seeking a full time entry level assembly and calibration technician to join their team in their Buffalo Grove, IL repair facility.
The ideal candidate is mechanically inclined, enjoys working with their hands, and has an eye for detail. A successful candidate may come from a variety of backgrounds such as small appliance repair, electronics repair, watch making or repair.
Duties will include:
· Assembly of a wide variety of small electronic instruments.
· Testing and calibration of assembled equipment.
· Completing the associated work orders and QC forms.
· Advising supervisor of replacement parts needed.
· Any other related duties as needed.
· High school diploma/GED
· Good hand/eye coordination (manual dexterity)
· Basic organizational skills
· Basic troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Good attention to detail
· Willingness to listen and learn
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
We are a supplier of custom manufactured cables and cable assemblies. The following are our current employment opportunities:
Builds cable assembly first articles utilizing various sets of instructions. Builds first articles from drawings / prints. Requires minimal support from supervisors or managers to accomplish tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Obtains shop order packages (kit) from supervisor or manager. Uses customer or internal drawings to build first article assemblies. Cooperates with Engineering to photograph and document necessary steps to build products. Provides technical knowledge and support to other assemblers to facilitate the proper manufacturing of custom assemblies.
· Prior experience in Defense work is a plus but not required.
· Provides technical leadership to other cable assembly department employees.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Diversity – Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures
- Professionalism – Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses computer systems in accordance with company policy.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Extensive experience manufacturing cable assemblies of various types. Must be able to interpret internal and external drawings to manufacture first time build items.
Proficiency in a second (non-English) language is a welcome skill, but not a requirement
Able to understand and use basic math skills to determine lengths, tolerances, etc.
Uses technical knowledge to recommend repeatable and effective manufacturing processes.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
IPC 620 or J-STD-001 Certification a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Employee must be capable of performing repetitive motion tasks. . While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk, hear and smell. Specific vision abilitie4s required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
· Safety Glasses – required areas
· Steel Toe Shoes – required areas
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
Soldering & Assembly Technician
Company near downtown Dallas is looking for a problem solving soldering/assembly technician. Parts are relatively small and attention to detail is very important. This person would also oversee and motivate other workers to make sure they are operating in an efficient manner.
- Must speak & read English
- Ability to solder small electric components is required.
- Ability to solve problems, take initiative, and be self directed.
- Oversee and motivate other workers in the assembly area to make sure they are working in an efficient manner.
- Most of the job will be split between soldering small wires/electronic components and assembling small metal parts.
- Help create testing equipment for new products and test/QC products before shipment.
- Spearhead the RMA and repair team.
- Attention to detail
- Self motivated but team player
- Good attitude
Hours are 8:30-5:30 and pay ranges between $12-$15.
Wooden Camera designs, manufactures, and retails innovative camera accessories for professionals. Wooden Camera prides itself in providing unique products, excellent customer service, and shipping orders the same day they are placed.