Assembly Technician Job Description Sample
We are looking for Assembly Technician in your area!
THIS IS A 10-99 CONTRACT POSITION
At Jez, we work with several different clients offering assembly and repair. Some of the items we work with, but are not limited to are listed below:
- Fitness Equipment (Cardio and Strength)
- Massage and Lift Chairs/Tables
- Lawn and Garden Items (e.g. patio furniture/sheds/grills/playsets/gazebos)
- Sports Equipment (e.g. basketball goals, game tables, trampolines)
- Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FF&E)
- Classroom Furniture
- Cafeteria Furniture
- Library Furniture
- Marker/Tack Boards
- Metal or Wooden Lockers & Cages
- Pallet Racking/Shelving/Gondolas/Slatwalls
- Case goods/ Casework
- Millwork Packages
- Bathroom Partition and Accessories
- Shower/Bath Enclosures
- Wall Covering
- Medical Equipment and Beds
- Restaurant Furniture and Equipment
- Retail Displays/Cash Wraps
- Playgrounds/Park Benches/Outdoor Pottery
- Acoustical Wall and Ceiling Panels
- Must be able to pass drug, driving, and criminal screening.
- Must have your own reliable transportation, hand tools, and smart phone for mobile app program.
Assembly Technician Benefits & Perks:
As an assembly technician, you will enjoy the following perks:
- 1099 Contractor
- Paid by the job
- Gives you the flexibility to set your own schedule
To be considered for a position, please apply today and a recruiter will get back to you the following business day!
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON JEZ ENTERPRISES, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO OUR WEBSITE
Soldering And Assembly Technician
Nesco Resource is hiring for a Soldering & Assembly Technician in the Greater New Haven Area! Job
- Solder surface mount components to PCBs- Solder through-hole components.- Assemble PCB components- Perform visual inspection of PCBs
- MUST have prior experience with hand-soldering, preferably though-hole.- Interpret assembly instructions and identify components appropriately.- Must have a high school diploma or GED - Candidate may be subject to drug test and national background check upon offer of employment. This position is: Right to Hire / Temp to Hire Monday- Friday Pay rate: $12.00/hr
Mechanical/ Electrical Assembly Technician
We are committed to provide our employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. The success of ESS Metron is built by committed, efficient employees who believe in our company, who gain satisfaction from their work, and who strive towards extraordinary achievement. We believe that people work best in an environment where they are recognized for their efforts and respected as individuals.
We Are Looking For:
We are currently seeking a Mechanical/Electrical Assembly Technician to assemble or/and fabricate mechanical parts, pieces or products using a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications in a specific area of a production line in our manufacturing plant.
- High Energy
- Self Motivated
- Detailed Oriented
- Team Oriented
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ability to interpret mechanical drawings
· Mechanical or electrical assembly background
· May include tasks such as wiring, working on control panels, and switchgears
· Teamwork a must
· Very detail oriented
· Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime, as needed
· Good problem solving skills
· Working knowledge of the mechanical and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility
- 6 months or more of mechanical, electrical , or assembly work
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle; or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stop, kneel or crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What Else Do I Need To Know About Being A Mechanical/Electrical Assembly Technician For ESS METRON?
Hours: Full Time, with a minimum of 40 hours per week (may require more hours depending on the needs of the business, including some weekends).
- Sick Pay
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Growth opportunities
- Long Term Disability
About ESS Metron
As one of the world's leading designers and manufacturers of low and medium voltage power distribution product solutions, integrated power distribution centers, custom control products, modular control buildings and skid mounted power distribution & pumping systems. With over 60 years of experience, ESS Metron has produced the highest quality products for the most demanding applications & environments know.
ESS Metron provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ESS Metron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Immediate Hire Bicycle Assembly Technician (Pt, Days)
Apollo Retail is looking for individuals who are handy with tools to join our team!
Job responsibilities will include assembling bikes and furniture in retail stores and customer’s homes, travel is required.
Paid training is provided!
This is a flexible Monday – Friday PART-TIME position.
Pay Rate: $15 piece rate
- Assembly of bikes, RTA furniture, etc.
- Perform service call to provide general maintenance and assembly repairs for a retailer
- Provide in-home assembly services to customers for our partnered retailer
- Pre-employment background check and Drug Test
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Tools (and a bike stand is required for bike assembly only). Apollo offers a Tool Purchase Program to all of its employees.
- Local Travel (up to 60 miles)
- Daily internet access and ability to upload photos for reporting
· Apply Directly!
· For more information please contact the recruiter for this position:
· Angel Wright
· (813 -712-2560)
*For immediate consideration, please apply on our company website at:WWW.APOLLORETAIL.COM
Electronic Assembly Technician
JOB TITLE: Electronic Assembly Technician
REPORT TO: Production Supervisor, Assembly
Using a variety of hand & power tools, fixtures, work instructions and test equipment perform a series of operations to correctly assemble/test various devices. High skill level and use of soldering techniques required.
- Must be a team player as measured by his/her peers.
- Follow detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures.
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the GCM Quality System.
- Completes all administrative functions relating to business or regulatory requirements.
- Report problems with quality, processes, equipment and materials to Lead or Production Supervisor.
- Provide hands on job function training to coworkers as needed.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions using 6S.
- Other projects as assigned.
KNOWKEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be over 18 years of age and authorized to work in US.
- Ability to read and comprehend procedures and prints written in English
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Medical device manufacturing experience.
- Familiarity with personal computers.
- 1 to 2 years soldering experience required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two years of electro mechanical assembly experience preferred
- IPC “J” Standard and / or IPC 610-620 cert
Must able to lift 50lbs
Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach within hands and arm’s length, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision requirements include close vision and color vision.
Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Must be able to wear required Personal Protective equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time
Must be able to operate forklift safely
Must show proficiency in the set-up and operation of all necessary equipment
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work may require occasional week end and/or evening work.
Engineering Technician – Diagnostic Assembly Technician
Job Title Engineering Technician – Diagnostic Assembly Technician
Auto req ID 17406BR Full / Part Time Full-Time
Employment Type Regular
Country United States
Job Introduction Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC (AIS), is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. AIS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customers mission.
Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions. Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy. Successful candidates will be employees of AIS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA.
Though employed by AIS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by AIS. This position is supporting the National Ignition Facility (NIF) which is the world’s largest and most energetic laser facility ever built.
NIF is also the most precise and reproducible laser as well as the largest optical instrument. The giant laser has nearly 40,000 optics, which precisely guide, reflect, amplify, and focus 192 laser beams onto a fusion target about the size of a pencil eraser. The National Ignition Facility (NIF) is seeking a talented and self‐motivated Engineering Technician to perform precision assembly, disassembly, and testing of diagnostic hardware that supports critical NIF experiments.
The primary responsibilities include small and large parts assembly to high precision specifications, performing precision alignments, performing quality assurance inspections, and creating and uploading files to computer databases. Secondary responsibilities include hoisting and rigging large loads, troubleshooting both mechanical and electrical assemblies, and working on/around X-ray sources. The successful candidate will also record data, identify process improvements, will have to work with hazardous materials in a radioactive environment, and actively participate in work safety meetings.
The Engineering Technician will also have the communication skills to effectively interact with scientists, technicians, designers and engineers and will report to the NIF Target Area Operations Supervisor. Due to the vast and varying types of experiments, NIF is a 24/7 operational facility. This position may require the Diagnostic Assembly Technician to have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and or weekends to accomplish goals.
This position may also require working alternate schedules such as 4/10’s or 12-hour shifts. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on‐site training modules to pursue work assignments. The successful candidate will be required to obtain a Q-Level Security Clearance through the Department of Energy.
Essential Duties -Assemble precision components according to prints/drawings ‐Record data and present to others for analysis
Read and interpret drawings and perform minor fabrications tasks and assemble components with limited supervision ‐Follow and adhere to written, operational and safety procedures in the course of completing job assignments
Safely handle radiologically contaminated components. Work may require the ability to use respirators
Marginal Duties ‐Perform operation, troubleshooting and maintenance on vacuum and x-ray systems
- Perform material handling of large equipment including some rigging
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities ‐A.A. in Mechanical or Electrical Technologies or a combination of 4+ years of education and experience or previous military experience working on mechanical or vacuum systems ‐Working knowledge of various mechanical maintenance practices including plumbing, hardware and electrical as it relates to vacuum system operation and maintenance ‐Ability to learn or technical background using computer control and data acquisition systems or similar large system ‐Experience working in a team environment in a technical environment ‐Ability to adapt to system changes, upgrades and processes to complete experiments ‐Must be able to use a respirator, work in confined spaces, lift and push 50 pounds, use portable ladders with a max 300-pound weight limit, and work from various heights ‐Must have the communication skills necessary to convey highly detailed procedures and verbally discuss technical information with personnel
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DOE Q Clearance
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities ‐Experience with operation and maintenance of vacuum systems ‐Experience using complex computer control and data acquisition systems utilized in the remote control of opto‐mechanical devices ‐Experience working within a nuclear, military, or highly technical laboratory environment
Special Requirements Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. Anticipated Clearance Level:
Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER We are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services, firstname.lastname@example.org or 925-960-0353. The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
Please do not use the dedicated phone number above to call on the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Assembly Technician III – Chandler, AZ
Title: Assembly Technician III – Chandler, AZ Location: Chandler, AZ # of Openings:1 Exemption:Non-Exempt Career Level:Experienced (Non-Manager) REF no: R-0592 UCT is looking for an Assembly Technician to join our Chandler, AZ team! The Assembly Technician at UCT performs a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. They determine and/or follow methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. They also make setup and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications. The Assembly Technician also performs specific back-end semiconductor manufacturing functions in the production of semiconductor devices. He/She operates various equipment in performing functions such as wafer scribe and break, die sort, die attach, lead bonding and seal, test, or mark and pack. Essential Duties and
Build mechanical assemblies & sub-assemblies.
Must be able to read pneumatic and electrical schematics.
Responsible for helium leak testing, cabling, module and sub-assembly testing.
Operates hand and power tools to complete assemblies.
Reads and interprets work instructions to ensure accuracy of work performed.
Interacts with management and team members to encourage effective communication on production floor.
Performs standard testing and minor and major troubleshooting.
Ensures quality standards are met throughout all steps of the assembly process.
Attendance is an essential job function.
Performs other duties as required. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Related experience in a non-manufacturing environment considered.
Cable and Harness assembly experience a plus.
Ability to read and interpret written information and follow directions.
Basic mechanical skills and the ability to perform basic and repetitive assembly operations as required.
General knowledge of operating hand tools, portable power tools, and bench tools.
Strong attention to detail, quality focused and willing to learn.
Excellent communication skills.
Basic computer skills and the ability to operate computer terminals and general software applications.
Ability to read engineering drawings, schematics, and blue prints. Educational/Certification Requirement:
High School Diploma or equivalent experience
Some technician coursework and/or AA technical degree or equivalent experience Experience Requirement: Work Experience: + 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing / cleanroom environment or a combination of education and experience required.
Experience in helium leak testing, module and sub-assembly testing, and inspection preferred. Physical Demands and Working Conditions: Criteria: Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Work is performed primarily in a standard manufacturing environment Physical Demands:
Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push, pull and grasp.
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Ability to lift over 25 lbs. with assistance.
Ability to move arms, hands and fingers.
Required to wear personal protective equipment where applicable. Subject to frequent interruptions.
Ability to stand / sit for sustained periods of time.
Ability to talk on phone and use computer for extended periods of time may be required. Environmental Exposure:
Subject to hazards including electrical current, moving mechanical parts, exposure to chemicals and debris.
Subject to noise levels. Overnight Travel:
Work may require out of town travel depending upon assignment (training and meeting) UCToffers an excellent benefits package to all full time employees which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and paid time off. UCTis an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce. Apply for this position
Mechanical Assembly Technician - Elmsford, NY
Mechanical Assembly Technician - Elmsford, NY
● Assemble, test and inspect according to engineering drawings and test codes
● Perform set-ups as needed
● Disassemble, repair and reassemble defective units
● Maintain assembly and test equipment as required.
● Perform preventive maintenance
● Move material to and from workstation as required
● Adhere to all safety rules and procedures and maintain good housekeeping
● Must be able to stand for long periods of time
● Must have knowledge of basic hand tools
● Must be mechanically inclined or have experience working with heavy duty machinery, automotive or industrial equipment.
● Ability to plan work procedures, determine tooling and operation sequence, etc. in
order to establish the most efficient manner of utilizing materials and equipment
● Ability to work in conformance with Engineering, quality specifications and lean
Must be able to work in and commute to Elmsford, NY everyday.
Assembly Technician (Swing Shift)
This position is responsible for assembling and preparing all fabricated and finished products for shipment to the customer. Hours are Mon-Thurs, 2:15PM-12:15AM.
- Performs final assembly, using hand or power tools based on drawings and work instructions.
- Fit and install hardware to frame.
- Cut and fit channels to frame using conventional cutting equipment.
- Install gasketing per protocol and drawings.
- Documents the operations performed.
- Inspects completed operations for quality, accuracy and quantity.
- Expedites material as required.
- Inspects finished products for defects.
- Allocate material used to the proper pick-list.
- Locate & position material as required.
- Prioritize and schedule assembly operations to ensure on-time delivery per requirements.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge,
- High School diploma.
- Two years of operation of overhead cranes preferred.
- Mechanical assembly experience preferred.
- Forklift experience required.
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Provide high quality internal customer service.
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow cut list dimensions.
- Able to complete assigned tasks in a limited time frame.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong math skills.
- Remains alert in a high risk environment.
- Assesses priorities to determine what is urgently needed.
- Maintains schedule and tasks in spite of interruptions.
- Follows all safety requirements and keeps work area clean and orderly.
Commitment to company values:
- Integrity – We are honest, trustworthy and respectful of others with the courage and competency to do what is right.
- Teamwork – We value and respect individual strengths and believe that through collaboration we achieve greatness.
- Innovation – Our success is based on creativity, fostered in an environment of enthusiasm, continuous improvement and encouragement of personal growth.
- Service – We are passionate about providing customers and partners with the highest quality and timely solutions for every need.
Assembly Technician I - Voip
- Assist in daily preparations duties as assigned for the assembly, testing and repair of various electronic products manufactured by the company as directed
- Assemble precision electro-mechanical equipment used in computers, electronic instruments, and similar electronic systems following blueprints, diagrams, and verbal and written instructions
- Manufacture, and/or install, and route wiring, cables and harnesses to specification
- Build boards and assemble electronic components and sub-assemblies using hand tools like power drills and power screwdrivers.
- Crimp wires both by hand and machine to meet quality and quantity standards
- Position, align, or adjust work pieces or electrical parts to facilitate wiring or assembly
- Must be U.S. person within the meaning of U.S. regulations
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Six months experience in production or assembly, highly desirable
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to quickly learn to read and interpret detailed specification and instructions, including documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Requires a high degree of precision and demonstrated attention to detail
- Familiarity with tools such as screwdrivers, handheld drills and crimping tools
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Must be a team player
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with occasional loud noises associated with a manufacturing environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Join a dynamic, growing organization. Our technical assemblers, engineers, and sales staff play a critical role in the our success. If you desire to make a difference, CIS is the place to be. If you enjoy camaraderie, teamwork, and meeting goals, CIS is the place to be. We believe in working hard, having fun, and being successful. Qualified candidates must apply through the CIS website.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!