Assembly Technician Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assembly Technician
B Shift: Assembly Technician I
Job Descriptions:Job Summary: Provide support for Assembly & Test operations.
Support to include, but may not be limited to; assembly, test, failure analysis, process development, writing work instructions, tooling design, scheduling, equipment maintenance equipment and tooling setup and taking the lead on assembly projects. Summary of Essential Job Duties: Assembly utilizing various alignment techniques and equipment
Test of optical doublets, triplets, sub-assemblies and final assemblies using various tools and equipment
Visual Inspection of optical components
Charge time to work orders and maintain job specific paperwork throughout the process.Design or recommend tooling and processes to meet schedule and quality requirements and cost objectives.Work closely with the Assembly Manager, Optical Test Technicians, and Engineering to understand current capabilities and work toward strategic capability improvements.Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO, Bills of Material, opto-mechanical principles, handling, cleaning and inspection of optical components.A self-starter, capable of working with very little direction.The ability to contribute as an individual and as a team member.Ability to follow procedures and work instructions
Basic Computer skills.Basic math skills.Requirements and Competencies: Language Skills:Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents.
Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.Mathematical Skills:
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.Educational Requirements: Associates Degree Preferred6 to 8 years of experience in the area of optical assembly
Additional Requirements: Pursuant to ITAR, EAR, and other export compliance laws and regulations, applicants for this position must be U.S.
Persons as defined by U.S. law, i.e., U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents ('Green Card' holders), persons granted refugee status or asylum status in the United States, or temporary residents granted amnesty.Work Requirements: Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand: use hands to fingers, handle or feel: and reach with hands and arms.
The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch: and talk and hear.The job may involve prolong periods of sitting/standing.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May involve prolonged periods of magnified inspection (eye strain)Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.The employee is frequently required to use the computer.Work Environment: May involve the use of oils and solvents.Subject to some soilage and irritation from cleaning solutions. (Lab Coats provided)Generally works in a clean environment and works to maintain the environment as such.Safety Glasses are required
May require area specific safety training
This position works in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne paper particles.May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another, during the production process.Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.Rochester Precision Optics is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/VetRequired Experience:Type or Copy/Paste Requirements here
Keyword: B Shift:
Assembly Technician I From: Rochester Precision Optics
Use this job description
Job Summary: Assemble new engine packages and pre assemble fitted components in the production shop.
Essential Functions: * Ability to read follow CAD design drawings
Assemble engine packages from detailed assembly Bill of Materials
Assemble engine packages in regards to accuracy and quality.
Install add on components using hand and/or power tools.
Install completed packages to shipping skids.
Maintain production line equipment and keep work area clean.
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications:Experience/Training/Education: * High School Diploma
Candidate must have own tools.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: * Must be able to work as a team member.
Must be able to carry out job description without supervision.
Must be able to communicate well with other team members.
Must be able to carry out repetitive tasks with a maximum degree of quality.
Should be physically able to lift 20 lbs regularly and up to 50 lbs occasionally.
Ability to operate a forklift and overhead crane.
Understanding of torque values during assembly.
Physical and Environmental Elements: * Workshop/Warehouse environment- working with and around equipment such as overhead cranes and forklifts to lift and move heavy items.
Workshop environment - working around chemicals such as solvents, oils, sealants and paints.
Workshop environment - working around workshop noise such as running engines, compressed air, air tools and other equipment
Warehouse environment - ability to withstand fluctuations in temperature This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager. This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.
Electronics Assembly Technician
The Electronics Assembly Technician is a temporary, entry level, non-exempt position that reports to the Electronics Management Team. The Electronics Assembly Technician is responsible for assembling and testing full assembly and individual sub assembly parts for Charm Sciences equipment. • Assemble Electronic Hardware utilizing hand tools, standard soldering equipment, and power tools. • Perform testing and calibration to electronic assemblies using various meters and measuring devices. • Perform precision cleaning and preparation of components for assembly/usage in subsystems or end product. • Assist Electronics Team with troubleshooting of Electronic Hardware. • Follow detailed wiring diagrams, schematics, and technical documentation to assist Engineering team with prototype and re-work projects. • Inspect and verify completed assemblies following test procedure documentation. • Maintain a clean and clutter free workspace and keep equipment organized to increase production efficiency. • Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Use this job description
Mechanical Assembly Technician
Assemble, program and test electronic sorting equipment.
●Assemble conveyor equipment following blueprint and assembly procedures
●Assemble electronic air valve manifolds following sample item.
●Assemble small bracket, electronics, etc.
●Assemble Power and communication enclosures following diagram or sample item.
●Apply established standards, processes and procedures to ensure quality
●Maintain a clean and orderly work area
●Final system assembly and testing of systems
Mechanical assembly experience required either on the job or as a hobby.
Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
Interact professionally with other employees in a professional manner.
Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
● High School diploma or equivalent.
● 2 years minimum of mechanical or assembly work experience.● Able to work with basic hand tools.
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying work order, bill of materials and blueprints.
- Gather parts, subassemblies, tools and materials.
- Position and secure components per print locations.
- Verify specifications by measuring completed component.
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Maintain and wear all required personal protective safety equipment.
- Participate in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and exhibiting initiative in areas within direct control.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Frequent mobility and/or sitting, standing, bending or stooping for prolonged/extended periods.
- Requires lifting up to 100 pounds frequently.
- Requires stretching to reach items up to 100 pounds.
- Requires working in areas which are not ventilated or air-conditioned.
- Requires eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate machinery.
- Occasionally works at heights using ladder or mechanical lift.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
- Requires working in a fast paced environment.
- Requires a normal range of hearing and vision.
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license with good standing MVR.
- Ability to read blueprints and work orders.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Must have basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills.
- Experience with hydraulics, vehicle electrical systems, mechanical systems and installation techniques.
- Ability to efficiently use various power and hand tools.
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and constant interruptions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to be responsive and highly efficient with relaying information.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to successfully pass a General Abilities Assessment and Post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
Use this job description
Cartridge Assembly Technician (Temporary)
Position requires the ability to function with minimal oversight and convert customer demands into finished product. They will execute production protocols. Ensure continual operation of equipment to meet production targets assigned by management. Effectively and immediately communicate any complications that arise during manufacturing, and then be able to work with engineers to establish and maintain a solution. Transact finished goods and manage raw material inventories to ensure accuracy within ERP system. Provide detailed documentation of manufacturing activities on a daily basis. This role will require an individual who demonstrates a proactive mindset to manage multiple tasks and drive them to completion in a timely manner.
This position is currently a 1st shift however may require a spilt shift (1st to 2nd) and overtime as schedule dictates.
This person is responsible for the providing the accurate, efficient and quality workmanship in the assembly and QC of a multi-component microfluidic cartridges. Individual must exhibit high degree of attention to detail and follow multi-step processes accurately and rapidly.
- Assembly and QC of Consumable Cartridges (Assembly Technician) within a Clean Room Environment.
Will also participate in general production, including:
Assembly of microfluidic cartridges; including populating, dispensing reagents, Inspection, cleaning, QC and packaging for shipment.
Operations involve extensive use of microscopes and performance of precision tasks requiring a high level of attention to details.
Must be able to follow specific procedures and remain focused on exact and repetitive assembly tasks.
Recording manufacturing tasks in batch records/travelers as well as computer data entry.
Responsible for employee safety
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by manager, leadership team.
Work experience requirements
A minimum of 1-5 year experiences in precision high-tech production/manufacturing/assembly or related position within biology, chemistry, or engineering.
Highly organized with good attention to detail
Proficient hands on experience with standard biotech laboratory work practices (pipetting, balances, vortex mixer, etc.)
Practical experience in a laboratory environment with the ability to properly utilize and maintain a laboratory notebook is required.
Can quickly learn and apply new skills, processes, and approaches
Good communication skills (verbal and written English) and can effectively document their work.
Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity needed.
Skilled in the use of microscopes.
Exhibit a high degree of flexibility, teamwork, and commitment to continuous improvement activities.
Excellent interpersonal skills required.
Basic computer literacy with MS Office software environment
The Physical Demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal Production Environment (Bio-Lab and Clean Room).
Must be able to lift and handle packages weighing 35 lbs.
Prior experience with the following are desired
Clean Room and/or Biology Lab Experience
Familiar with basic calculations and statistics
A High School Diploma or equivalent. AAS or higher degree in a related technical field (biology, chemistry, or engineering) preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Use this job description
Mechanical Assembly Technician
Mechanical Assembly Technicians
Graham Engineering Corporation (GEC), a leader in the blow molding, extrusion and sheet line solutions, has an immediate opening for experienced Mechanical Assembly Technicians to assemble machinery at our York, PA location. These are first shift positions.
The basic function of this position is to assemble all major components and most or all sub-assemblies pertaining to such components of our blow molding, sheet line and extrusion machinery and auxiliary equipment.
- Assemble and / or install sub-assemblies with little or no supervision
- Perform assembly functions involving layouts, positioning of components (mechanical & electrical), maintaining specified tolerances, alignment of drive couplings and pinion gears, roller chain and belt installations
- Assist in line start-up, processing, repairs and re-builds
- Make up wiring harnesses, install conduit and pull wires
- Use and maintain tools and equipment required for assembly functions, including band saw, cutoff saw, jig saw, drill press, hand drill, hand grinders, micrometers, pneumatic tools and most hand tools
- Drive forklift as needed
- Maintain good housekeeping and follow safety rules
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year experience in similar or related position
- Must be able to read assembly blue prints
- Must be willing to purchase own tools
- Must be available to work overtime as needed
- Regular and predictable attendance is essential
- This position requires a high degree of mobility to assemble, wire and repair machines
- Must be able to effectively utilize a variety of hand and power tools, computer peripherals, climb ladders and lift up to 40-50 lbs
- Able to effectively communicate with employees at all levels within the organization
GEC offers its employees a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package:
- Life/accident insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) plan
- Pension plan
- Educational assistance
- Paid holidays and vacation time
Assembly Technician I/Ii
Server Technology, voted by our employees as a Best Place to Work, is looking for hard-working, dedicated Assembly Technicians to join our team. If you are looking for a steady full-time schedule, competitive pay and benefits, and desire to advance your career - we want to hear from you!
The Assembly Technician I/II will perform basic and routine tasks in the assembly process and rotate through tasks as assigned.
What you will do:
- Independently perform routine tasks in Cord Prep, Wire Prep, Packaging, and Production Stations.
- Follow procedures to produce consistent, quality products in an expedient manner.
- Ability to log in and out of jobs in Vantage.
- Ability to pull up build instructions in Vantage.
- Perform simple, repetitive bench assembly.
- Perform proper crimping and cabling techniques.
- Be organized and keep work area clean.
- Perform work in a safe manner. Report repairs or safety concerns to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) supplemented by college level Electronics Technician coursework; Associates Degree in Industrial Electronics or related field preferred; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 year electro/mechanical assembly experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to solder wires for cables, small wires, and surface mount components.
- Experience with assembly of miniature mechanical components.
- Experience with computer assembly and hardware/software troubleshooting, preferred
- Effective communication skills with the ability to provide information across multiple groups in the Company.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to work independently.
- Computer proficiency with knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook), preferred.
- Familiarity of ISO 9000 standards and audit process.
Work environment is fast paced and priorities can shift quickly. All employees are expected to go outside their primary responsibilities when required, and multi-task job duties on a regular basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Server Technology, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Server Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Use this job description
Furniture Assembly Technician (Quality Control / Warehouse)
In this warehouse-based role, you will assemble products for delivery to customers, with a consistent eye toward high quality. This is a 100% commission position, with an average income of around $50,000. We offer complete product training, as well as competitive benefits and plenty of room for professional growth and advancement. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
As a Furniture Assembly Technician, you will be responsible for unpacking, preparing, and assembling products for delivery to customers. In addition, you will perform a thorough quality control inspection of each piece that you assemble in order to ensure maximum customer satisfaction. You will be paid based on the amount of quality product that you prepare for delivery.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Opening, inspecting, and organizing product to be worked
- Assembling product quickly, accurately, and efficiently
- Maintaining careful attention to product quality
- Using all safety equipment as instructed
- Cleaning your work area at the end of the day
- Performing additional duties as required
We are looking for Furniture Assembly Technicians who are good, reliable workers with a solid work ethic and the ability to assemble products quickly and accurately. You must be highly detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work well as part of a team.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years warehouse experience
- Prior repair or handyman experience
- Ability to set priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Track record of longevity with previous employers
- Ability to pass a background check, a pre-employment drug screen, and a physical/lift test
- Stand for long periods of time
- Using hands and power tools
- Bending, lifting and walking frequently
- Push and pull objects
- Able to lift 50 lbs. and more with assistance
- Will work indoors in a warehouse
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
As a Furniture Assembly Technician at Homemakers Furniture, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. It’s the kind of place that you can make your career home, and many of our long-time employees have done exactly that. You will find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with us, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay, and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (also available at Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Comprehensive Paid Training Program
- Advancement opportunities
- Plus more!
Background check and Pre-employment drug screen and physical/lift test required
Homemakers is a Tobacco and drug free workplace. EOE Use this job description
Electrical Assembly Technician - Aerospace
As a new member of our team, you will be repairing, diagnosing, and assembling avionics systems, building wire harnesses, switch assemblies and soldering circuit boards for various military and commercial aircraft. Circuit Board components are to include, but not limited to, miniature lamps, LED's, surface mounted resistors and components, switch assemblies, etc.You will be working on a wide variety parts and assemblies. Basic knowledge of schematics and electrical engineering is required.
- Minimum of three years experience with electrical assemblies, soldering, and testing equipment in aviation, aerospace, or equivalent industries
- Able to read and interpret aerospace (or equivalent) technical drawings and documentation
- Extreme attention to fine details
- Ability to use an analog/digital caliper, multimeter, and calibrated power supply
A&P License a big plus
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, LTD, Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays, 401k
*EDN Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Use this job description