Assistant Construction Superintendent Job Description Sample
Assistant Construction Superintendent
The Crowther Group is a Commercial General Contractor based in Dallas, Texas specializing in $0 - $5M Ground Up and Interior Commercial Construction projects for Retail, Education, Hospitality, and Corporate Clients. Our company is growing quickly and are looking for a hard-working, dedicated assistant construction superintendent to join our team. The individual in this role will be responsible for assisting the project team with meeting with landlords and tenants to determine build-out needs, devising trade specific construction schedules and timelines, and overseeing subcontractors throughout the project. Candidates should have 2-3 years experience with project management and commercial construction, as well as the ability to adhere to deadlines and budgets restrictions.
Assistant Construction Superintendent Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult with building owners and tenants to determine build-out needs and report back to project leadership.
- Assist in communications between landlords and tenants to devise mutually beneficial solutions
- Manage estimates for construction projects, including labor, materials, and other costs
- Implement cost-effective solutions and project management techniques throughout project
- Partner with subcontractors on the project.
- Maintain daily log of build-out progress.
- Assist in coordination of all construction project activities and services across construction team
- Oversee a strict build-out schedule, ensuring milestones are reached and deadlines are met
- Update landlords and tenants on build-out progress throughout project
- Perform walk through and after care instructions with landlord and tenants after project completion
Construction Superintendent Requirements and Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience in build-out construction or carpentry related trade prefered
- 2+ years experience as a foreman or assistant superintendent prefered
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Management skills, experience in team and project management
- Ability to work with and manage a large team of laborers and subcontractors seamlessly
- Organized, thorough work ethic
- Analytically and mathematically minded
- Critical thinker, problem solver
Assistant Construction Superintendent - New Single Family Homes
We are seeking a Assistant Construction Superintendent - New Single Family Homes to join our team! You will oversee project planning, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation.
Will be assisting the Superintendent with the following :
- Oversee all aspects of construction project from planning to implementation
- Allocate resources for assigned projects
- Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients
- Negotiate with contractors to receive reasonable order costs
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Previous experience in construction management or other related fields
- Familiarity with construction management software
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Assistant Construction Superintendent
Assistant super will help superintendent oversee field projects, coordinate, schedule, and oversee sub contractors.
Other job functions will be:
At times, self perform carpentry work
Schedule city/ county inspections and meet with inspectors
Examine blueprints and perform layout
Verify subcontractor's work is completed according to their contract
Ensure projects meet deadline
Ensure projects are completed within building codes and regulations
Record OSHA log
Maintain job safety
Maintain job site status reports and spreadsheets
Maintain professional relationships with clientsJB.0.36.LN
Assistant Construction Superintendent
The Assistant Construction Superintendent reports to the Senior Superintendent and assists in all aspects of construction at the assigned project site. Primary responsibilities include working directly with the Senior Superintendent and the Construction VP to derive and define scopes of work, track the project budget and maintain the project timeline.
- On site, the Assistant Construction Superintendent assists in coordinating all subcontractors and oversees the day-to-day activities of construction, including scheduling, inspections, quality control, safety, monitoring of construction budgets, and accountability for all related expenditures.
- Work closely with the Superintendent and Project Management for utilities, permits, plan checks, and Certificates of Occupancy to obtain all necessary approvals.
- Direct subcontractors and subordinates.
- Provide periodic written reporting and scheduling updates.
- Evaluate situations and render decisions on certain issues without immediate supervision.
- Understand and implement OSHA safety requirements site wide.
- Knowledgeable of SWPPP requirements site wide and mitigate any impact to the outlying community.
- Maintain a safe and compliant work site daily.
- Relate favorably with others beyond giving and receiving instructions; performs work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others and responding appropriately.
- Effectively influences people on a consistent basis.
- Accept and carry out responsibility for direction, control, and planning.
- Must attend company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include overnight stays at locations away from the employee’s home.
- Minimum five years overall experience in construction.
- 3-5 years of experience in the construction of affordable multi-family residential projects is desirable.
- Some experience working with city and other inspectors on construction projects.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor.
- Higher education or technical training a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to various weather conditions.
- Standing, walking
- Pushing, pulling
- Crawling, kneeling
- Twisting, carrying
- Working with hands
- Operate computer and office equipment.
National Community Renaissance (CORE) is seeking qualified individuals to join our team. CORE is one of the nation's largest non-profit affordable housing developers with a 25-year track record in community revitalization. We transform the economic and social future of communities by building quality, affordable housing combined with best practice social services to improve the self-sufficiency of our residents.
National Community Renaissance C.O.R.E. Values:
COMMUNITY -Through our high-quality construction and social services, we build great communities where our residents and neighbors can thrive.
OPTIMISM - We believe in the ability of people to strive for better lives, and we help provide them with the means to achieve their dreams.
RESPECT - We serve our residents, partners, and employees with utmost respect.
EXCELLENCE - We strive for the highest standards in design, construction, property management, and customer service
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match, Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
National Community Renaissance is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Pardee Homes - Las Vegas - Assistant Construction Superintendent
• 2-4 years residential/multi-family construction background.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, and planning skills.
• Proficient in computer use and ability to use Excel, Word & Outlook.
• Must have valid drivers' license and own approved truck.
• Ability to read, understand and monitor architectural, structural and mechanical plans and specifications.
• Some Supervisory skills a plus.
• High school graduate/GED required, college degree preferred.
Pardee Homes offers a comprehensive, competitive salary & benefits package to help our employees and their families build a secure financial future, protect against financial loss and stay healthy & happy too.
This position is located in the Las Vegas area.
Pardee Homes is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a capable & diverse workforce.
Pardee Homes is Las Vegas’ longest continuously-building homebuilder with over 64 years in this market. We are a high-performing, highly collaborative team and we are redefining our business in innovative and unexpected ways. And that takes all of us. Every day.
Our employee satisfaction has been built on a foundation of strong ethics and integrity, supported by our commitment to a great work/life balance. If you’re looking to learn from a successful, progressive company, consider Pardee Homes.
Assistant Construction Superintendent
Assistant Construction Superintendent (Multifamily) Assistant Construction Superintendent (Multifamily) - Skills Required - Multifamily, Assisted Living, Wood Frame, podium, Commercial, Midrise, High Rise
If you're interested please send your current project list and salary requirements directly to me at
My client is a major General Contractor develops, builds, acquires and operates high-quality apartment communities in desirable locations coast-to-coast. They employ over 600 associates coast-to-coast, all with multifamily development, acquisition and construction experience.
If you are an Assistant Construction Superintendent with multifamily experience, please read on!
What You Need for this Position
Must Have Skills
- Assistant Construction Superintendent with Multifamily experience with 3+ years experience working for a General Contractor
Nice to Have Skills
What's In It for You
Competitive Salary: $70k-$90k
Full medical benefits after your first full 30 days of service
Flexible spending accounts for health- and child-care
A 401(k) retirement plan with company match - and eligibility after 90 days of service
Paid holidays, personal days and vacation days
Sick pay, short-term disability & long-term disability
Generous rent discounts
A great work environment with the real opportunity to make your mark
So, if you are an Assistant Construction Superintendent with multifamily experience, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work ? In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Assistant Construction Superintendent
Assistant Construction Superintendent
This individual assists in managing our Harwood Construction Management Services (HCMS) development projects. They are responsible for construction services within HCMS and its related entities while ensuring Harwood’s financial, construction, and reporting goals and objectives are met.
- Assist superintendent in Overseeing projects for quality control and construction coordination
- Assist in Managing and develop construction schedules for the scope of project
- Assist with construction schedule management; creation of construction schedules, performing regular schedule updates, monitor logic relationships, insert new activities and impacts
- Assist project team with subcontractor buy-out
- Work with General Contractor(s) Superintendent for on-site construction coordination
- Work with Owner’s Construction Management and in-house Architect group for on-site coordination
- Review of all construction RFI’s, submittals and construction documents for constructability
- Help Prepare daily and weekly reports
- Provide photograph and written documentation of the project
- Oversee the construction of Owner furnished scope of work
- Provide ground-up Superintendent experience and exposure
- Provide high-end interior finish experience
- Coordinate inspections as needed
- Ensure all functions uphold policies and procedures set by Harwood's standards
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Personal organization
- Project Management
- Results Focus
- Team Leadership
- Time management and organization skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Microsoft Office, OSHA certified
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. May be some flexibility in hours is allowed.
Required Education & Experience
- Experience with multifamily, condominium, commercial, high-rise
- Minimum 6-10 years of project foreman, or construction administration experience in high end construction projects.
- OSHA certified
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactorily passing the pre-hire background screening and will also take into account the results of any reference checks, behavioral interview results, and/or pre-hire tests or profiles.
Harwood is committed to equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against Associates or applicants in any terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any legally-recognized basis (protected classes) included but not limited to: age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, national origin, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class under federal, state or local law. This non-discrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all Company facilities, participation in all Company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions, such as promotions, compensation, training, benefits and termination of employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, schedules, work hours, responsibilities and other work activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Assistant Construction Superintendent
WGI is currently seeking an experienced AssistantSuperintendent in Ft. Hood, TX. The Assistant Superintendent will interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The Assistant Superintendent will be responsible for assisting the Superintendent with providing coordination of project site work activities .
Assist with the overall on-site administrative and technical management on our Ft. Hood project. Performs all functions and responsibilities in partnership with the company’s culture, corporate vision, ethics and code of conduct.
- Assists with the planning and coordination of subcontractors’ work activities for a particular project.
- Monitor’s subcontractor personnel to ensure adherence with project plans and promotes quality control of all installations.
- Ensure implementation of safety program that creates a safe and health work environment through the job site and adheres to OSHA safety and EM385 1-1 record keeping requirements.
- Under guidance of superintendent, leads on productivity issues and monitors work performance and productivity at company employees and subcontractors to ensure project plans and schedule are followed and project is executed effectively and within budget.
- Advise senior level management of potential problems, work schedule difficulties, while assisting in circumventing or mitigating such conflicts. Provide assistance to involved contractors in resolving problems.
- Contributor to development of a thoughtful project pre-plan which includes a CPM schedule, work sequences, manpower utilization, material handling and storage requirements and equipment use.
- Facilitates discovery and correction of contract document “errors and omissions” and problem solving so as to reduce the cost incurred.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external record keeping requirements, with particular emphasis on accurate, properly coded employee Davis bacon wage classifications, and accurately codes, fully priced material delivery tickets.
- Use current construction management system to perform record-keeping tasks including, composing daily reports, maintaining project logs and retrieving RFIs, submittal logs and agreements.
5+ years of experience in a supervisory role
Federal Design Build experience preferred
Experience with large scale Federal projects
Current driver’s license
Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
Microsoft Office skills at an intermediate level
Applicant selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements. Due to the nature of work performed within these facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
WGI has a strong working relationship with area building and specialty subcontractors who stand ready to participate in the estimating and construction process. By joining the project team early, we can offer cost saving value-engineering proposals to our clients, and we have the capability to perform timely and accurate cost estimating for budgeting purposes.
WGI has received numerous awards for quality of construction, service, and safety, including multiple Awards of Merit from the Department of the Navy and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. We attribute our success to the professionals in our employ, particularly our field superintendents, most of who have over 30 years with the company. These professionals perform their daily responsibilities with recognition of our corporate motto "Construction with your next project in mind." Our staff knows that the client's repeat business depends on complete satisfaction with our current performance, and that satisfaction is our principle focus.
WGI is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Construction Assistant Superintendent : Multi-Family
We are a South Bay general contractor with a successful 35+ year history seeking a candidate for the position of Construction Assistant Superintendent to join our team!
This position is a full-time on-site assignment. Applicants with an engineering degree are desired, but can be offset by prior on-site management experience.
We are currently looking to fill this position for a project in Watsonville.
Minimum requirements include:
- 5 years experience supervising all aspects of residential multi-family projects
- Knowledge of California residential building practices, code requirements, and standards.
- Proven ability to manage subcontractors and schedule work.
- Ability to effectively interface with inspectors, architects and consultants, owners and lenders' representatives.
- Strong computer skills to use Word, Excel, and web-based project management software. Proficiency with Mac OS X highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of ProCore construction management software a plus.
- Organizational ability to maintain reports and keep records per project requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with subcontractors, inspectors, architects and co-workers.
- Strong writing skills to be able to send clear and concise e-mails
- Strong communication skills to be able to interact on the phone and in person
- High level of attention to detail and follow-up
- Taking pride and ownership in the work being performed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution highly desired.
Job functions include:
- Scheduling subcontractors and checking their workmanship for quality and progress
- Checking work prior to inspections
- Scheduling inspections
- Walking with inspectors
- Coordinating deliveries
- Assist superintendent with issuing RFIs
- Managing submittal process
- Maintaining daily construction logs
- Maintaining daily worker sign-in sheets
- Producing weekly photo journal
- Checking project for SWPPP compliance
- Checking project to ensure a safe working site
- Cleaning construction trailer
Compensation includes monthly salary, 401K plan, holiday pay, medical insurance, vacation pay, sick leave. E-mail resume with references and availability. Responses will be kept confidential. Relocation packages not offered.
Established in 1979, we service the needs of both private and not-for-profit developers, having built more than 9,500 market-rate and affordable housing units over the last 30 years.
We look forward to being your partner in building the communities of tomorrow.
Construction Assistant Superintendent And Site Foreman
A minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial construction including on-site experience.
Management of subcontractors, crews, and site related construction activities.
Work directly with on-site Construction Project Manager to insure project construction is per plans and specifications from start to finish
Provide supervision of sub-contractors on project site
Assist to ensure construction activities move according to pre-determined schedule
Communicate effectively with Subcontractors
Daily inspections and presence on project site
Identify any project design and construction issues and bring to Construction Project Manager's attention immediately
Oversee and report progress of project against project plan schedule
Coordination with Construction Project Manager, all necessary work flow schedules and monitoring of same to insure all deadlines are met
Inform Management Team of work progress and of all significant matters relating to the project
Develop strategies to promote efficient and cost-effective work practices
Report directly for Construction Project Manager
Ability to step into and perform duties on an existing under construction multi-family project
Education and Professional
Complete understanding of project plans, construction methods, and regulations
Minimum 5 years In-field project experience in multi-family commercial construction
Complete knowledge of all phases of general construction
Ability to multi-task, strong organizational skills, and excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Ability to supervise effectively at all levels and motivate sub-contractors to perform at a high level of competency.
Flexible and able to work well under pressure with a strong sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
Ability to identify problems quickly.
Computer proficiency including knowledge of construction related software (i.e. Builder Trend, Project)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!