Assistant Construction Superintendent Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assistant Construction Superintendent
Assistant Construction Superintendent
Assistant Construction Superintendent Position
The Assistant Construction Superintendent will help with daily operations including the project staff and subcontractors scheduling, management, safety, planning, and helps coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within time frame by performing the following duties personally or through management responsibilities.
Work with other employees to work with subcontractors regarding production & performance.
Ensures subcontractor compliance with policies and safety procedures as well as plans and blueprint specifications
Coordinate or assist with coordination of project activities with Company personnel
Reviews status reports, shop drawings and modifications for schedules or plans as required
Meets with project personnel to discuss & provide technical advice and to resolve problems
Responsible for assisting with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation or the project: including safety, resources, performance, budget, scheduling, equipment management, quality, and risk
Works with management to ensure commitments made in the developmental phases of a project are implemented at the proper time with subcontractors and staff.
Reviews vendor pay estimates, material requests and invoices and submit to Superintendent as required.
Review and submit works and purchase / change orders to superintendent.
Attends & directs project status meetings and assists in problem solving efforts
Work with and be part of the estimating/bid process during project procurement phase
Assume additional responsibilities as directed by site and company management.
Travel (full-time) may be required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
MULTIFAMILY (Full-Cycle) Construction Experience (Projects $20-60+MM)
Garden Style, Wrap, Podium Style Multifamily project experience a must.
Scheduling Expertise a plus.
Communication skills a must.
Contracts experience a plus.
Ability to work well with a team & manage as needed
Impeccable organizational skills
Blueprint skills a must.
Experience Managing subcontractors regarding production/schedule
Construction Management or Bachelor’s/Associates degree in Construction/Business Management preferred. 5+ years of construction Assistant Superintendent experience in the MULTIFAMILY ground-up industry
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently or occasionally required to:
Sit, stand or walk
Climb or balance
Stoop, crouch and step over obstacles
Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
Work in outdoor conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity
Work in environment with dust, loud noise and/or vibrations
Establish clear lines of communication and accountability
Control the construction schedule
Reduce adversity between the contractor and the design team
To keep costs contained
H.M. Mac Construction, while striving to be the best construction company in the Midwest, promises personal concierge service to every client. We will be with you every step of the way, to guide you through the process seamlessly. Our attention to detail, dedication to our clients, and honest, forthright, accountability allow us to exceed your expectations while providing excellent results.
HM Mac office is located in Bloomington, IN
Assistant Construction Superintendent
New Homes Assistant Construction Superintendent needed for the Richmond area. The qualified candidate must have experience in construction, have reliable transportation and be computer literate.
Duties include daily scheduling of subcontractors and suppliers, quality control, safety compliance, inspections, walks, and punch-out.
Successful candidates must have a great work ethic, attitude, communication skills, attention to detail, and able to do light manual labor. Non Smokers Only. Must be able to pass a credit and criminal check as well as have a good driving record.
Boyd Corporation maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Assistant Construction Superintendent
ASSISTANT CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT
We are looking to hire someone who is interested in growing within in the residential construction industry. You will be able to gain technical expertise in new home construction and establish a solid foundation and understanding of the basic aspects of residential construction. In your role you will assist with managing all day-to-day construction operations within budget and on schedule; ensuring adherence to quality standards and workplace safety; effectively communicating with, supervising and building strong relationships with all homeowners and sub-contractors.
- Develop literacy in building codes, construction and technical language, construction materials, and construction methodologies and standards
- Assist direct supervisors in performing their duties and responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
*Monitoring job site
*Validating and maintaining schedule progression
*Coordinating on-site inspections
*Coordinating "punch outs"
*Interacting with homeowners
*Monitor material flow to jobsites
- While we prefer someone with a college-level education, if you show a proven level of experience across a variety of projects, we'd be interested in hearing from you.
- One year experience in residential construction preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Excel and Microsoft Word
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to use own vehicle for tools and supplies.
Principals only; recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Assistant Construction Superintendent
We are a full-service Commercial General Contractor constructing Class-A improvements throughout the San Francisco Bay area. We are service and quality oriented with a high level of repeat clients. We are seeking an Assistant Construction Superintendent to join our Team! You will assist in overseeing the planning, scheduling and implementation of commercial construction projects.
- Assist the Construction Superintendent in managing all aspects of commercial construction projects from planning to implementation
- Assist in supervising construction trade workers and subcontractors
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in construction trades, management construction education
- Hard working, Interested, willing to learn
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
This is intended to be a long-term position with Excellent Growth Potential for the right individual
Assistant Construction Superintendent
If you are a Construction Superintendent with school experience, please read on!
What You Will Be Doing
Manage day-to-day field operations of construction projects
Must have a proven record of managing complex projects in occupied spaces
Manage subcontractors effectively/efficiently
Manage in-house employees assistant superintendents, laborers
Interaction with clients, architects, engineers
Daily interaction with Project Managers, Architects, Project Engineers, Clients and/or Client Representatives
Management of schedule, including weekly preparation of 2-week look ahead
Coordination between trades
Verification of compliance with submittals
Daily focus on job site safety
Maintenance of daily log
Maintain job site security/perimeter
Be capable of working in a team or autonomously as size of future projects may dictate
Be capable of managing/coordinating multiple quick-turn projects simultaneously
Manage close out process and warranty responses with project manager
Coordinate site testing and inspection efforts
Monitor costs, including labor time and material
Attend and participate in weekly meetings, including project and subcontractor meetings
What You Need for this Position
More Than 3 Years of experience and knowledge of:
High school diploma required; Junior College or construction education desired
3 year minimum experience
Must be able to efficiently multi-task
Ability to work with tools to perform various phases of construction work is a plus
Demonstrate proficiency in reading commercial construction plans and specifications
Experience managing subordinates
Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Timberline
So, if you are a Construction Superintendent with school experience, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Post a Job
Assistant To Construction Superintendent
ssistant to Construction Super:
Summary: An Assistant Site Superintendent to assist lead site management person on a project. Assist and help coordination of all physical construction activities on the Project. The Superintendent oversees the work being performed, ensures adherence to the highest standards of safety and quality, and that the schedule is being followed.
Must have experience working at construction site.
- Assist General Super with all Administration duties.
- Order materials and machinery to sight as assigned by Super.
- Responsible for all tools, equipment and supplies on site including placing orders for incidental tools and materials with the Company shop utilizing the Material Order Forms.
- Help prepare progress schedules
- Maintain necessary records for all site personnel including Time Sheets; prepares Work Orders, RFI’s, Daily Field Reports; responsible for maintenance of current and complete on-site project files (construction documents, sketches, submittals, etc.)
Construction Assistant Superintendent : Multi-Family
We are a South Bay general contractor with a successful 35+ year history seeking a candidate for the position of Construction Assistant Superintendent to join our team!
This position is a full-time on-site assignment. Applicants with an engineering degree are desired, but can be offset by prior on-site management experience.
We are currently looking to fill this position for a project in Watsonville.
Minimum requirements include:
- 5 years experience supervising all aspects of residential multi-family projects
- Knowledge of California residential building practices, code requirements, and standards.
- Proven ability to manage subcontractors and schedule work.
- Ability to effectively interface with inspectors, architects and consultants, owners and lenders' representatives.
- Strong computer skills to use Word, Excel, and web-based project management software. Proficiency with Mac OS X highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of ProCore construction management software a plus.
- Organizational ability to maintain reports and keep records per project requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with subcontractors, inspectors, architects and co-workers.
- Strong writing skills to be able to send clear and concise e-mails
- Strong communication skills to be able to interact on the phone and in person
- High level of attention to detail and follow-up
- Taking pride and ownership in the work being performed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution highly desired.
Job functions include:
- Scheduling subcontractors and checking their workmanship for quality and progress
- Checking work prior to inspections
- Scheduling inspections
- Walking with inspectors
- Coordinating deliveries
- Assist superintendent with issuing RFIs
- Managing submittal process
- Maintaining daily construction logs
- Maintaining daily worker sign-in sheets
- Producing weekly photo journal
- Checking project for SWPPP compliance
- Checking project to ensure a safe working site
- Cleaning construction trailer
Compensation includes monthly salary, 401K plan, holiday pay, medical insurance, vacation pay, sick leave. E-mail resume with references and availability. Responses will be kept confidential. Relocation packages not offered.
Established in 1979, we service the needs of both private and not-for-profit developers, having built more than 9,500 market-rate and affordable housing units over the last 30 years.
We look forward to being your partner in building the communities of tomorrow.
Assistant Superintendent (Multifamily Construction Exp)
The Assistant Multifamily Superintendent will assist the Lead Superintendent with the following activities :
Responsibilities include leadership of on site subcontractors, units walk -thru, preparing punch lists, on-site organization, execution, project review and reporting. The Assistant Superintendent will report directly to the Lead Superintendent.
Multifamily new construction experience is a requirement.
Full Benefits Package plus Bonus
Assistant Superintendent Commercial Construction
We are seeking a Commercial Construction Assistant Superintendent to join our team! This position has growth opportunity for experienced carpenters to learn the skills necessary to become a successful Superintendent.
West Design and Build is a rapidly expanding commercial construction company focused on tenant build-outs around the country. The right candidate will assist the superintendent with the management of all functions of the job site as it relates to commercial tenant work.
Essential Duties and
- Assist Superintendent in oversight of all aspects of construction project from planning to implementation
- Must recognize and enforce quality standard that adheres to original plans and specifications
- In absence of superintendent make sure all schedules are met
- Must be "hands on" between and/or during management tasks
- Hands on projects range from cleaning to installing flooring, signs, painting, hanging doors and punch out...
- Must hold a valid drivers license
- Possess reliable transportation capable of carrying small supply loads and basic tools
- Be able to pass pre-employment drug test
- Possess professional communication skills; both written and verbal
- Possess basic computer skills and be proficient using smart phone technology
- Be willing to travel out of town on various project although most projects are in the Baltimore /Washington Metropolitan areas
- Must be willing to work evening and weekends as needed.
- Minimum of five years general carpentry work within the commercial building industry
Industrial And Commercial Construction Assistant Superintendent
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
· Manage job sites for both new and repurposed construction sites for industrial and Commercial applications
Ø Reports to Project Superintendent
Ø Assist Superintendent with development and tracking of the project schedules for construction crews and company personnel.
Ø Assist and coordination of all construction layout and staking with construction documentation
Ø Review and interpretation of construction drawings and specifications
Ø Assist and perform work with company crews to complete designated task
Ø Oversee subcontractors to ensure quality standards are met and timely completion of work per the project schedule.
Ø Monitors and enforces safe and compliant working environment in accordance to OSHA, NC OSH regulations, and all applicable laws and site specific requirements as well as internal safety policies.
Ø Review and recording of all material deliveries, quantities and quality control.
Ø Monitors and records manpower hours for all company personnel
Ø Observes and records all daily activities performed on the project site each day.
Ø Ensures information is communicated in a clear, comprehensive manner.
Ø Provide prompt response to requests and issues from management team
Ø Conduct and record daily safety audits on the project
Ø Ability to lift 75 lbs.
Ø All other duties as assigned by Superintendent and Project Manager.
Minimum requirement is an Associate degree or equivalent work experience directly related to the responsibilities and requirements of this position. At least five (5) years’ experience in a foreman or supervisory capacity working for a general construction company, commercial or Industrial..
Education and Experience
Ø Strong working knowledge of principles and practices of industrial and commercial construction
Ø Good verbal and written communication skills
Ø Form Carpentry Skills (Footing and Wall ) wood and metal forms
Ø Steel Erection Skills ( conventional and Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings )
Ø Concrete Skills ( layout, placement and finishing of footings, foundation walls and flatwork)
Ø Osha 10 hour certificate
Ø Equipment Operator certificates
Ø Supervisory/Foreman experience desired
Ø Basic computer and systems knowledge
Ø Bilingual a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and benefits of the position will be independently evaluated.
We specialize in Industrial Equipment, Production Line modifications/upgrades/installations. Our projects range from new construction for the Commercial and Industrial Industry (our General Contracting/Construction Division) to Chiller installations (Rigging Division)and modifications and upgrades for the Poultry Industry (both G.C. and Rigging Divisions).