Assistant Designer Job Description Sample
Assistant Designer – Apparel – New York
FashionCareerFairs.com has multiple ASSISTANT DESIGNERpositions in the New York Metro area for retailers and brands that are hiring now!
- Assistant Sleepwear & Loungewear Designer
- Associate / Assistant Designer- Kids Division (Girls 2-16)
- Assistant Designer- Women’s Collection- Wovens
- Assistant Designer, DKNY - PVH Corp.
- Assistant Designer- Contemporary Tweens and Juniors
- Assistant Designer- ATS SKIRTS & DENIM
- Assistant Designer- Leading Apparel Manufacturer
- Assistant Designer – Moderate Dress Label
We have multiple jobs available in very desirable locations for companies who are hiring now! If you are a fashion industry professional looking to GET A BETTER JOB, submit your application through this site to be considered for these and other fashion industry jobs.
keywords: Apparel, footwear, accessories, fashion accessories, mens, men’s, womens, women’s, childrens, skate, surf, board, boardsports, swim, swimwear, desing, design, designer, designing, technical design, tech design, spec tec, speck tech, spec tech, pattern, patternmaker, patternmaking, pattern maker, pattern making, 1st through production, product, sourcing, planning, allocating, merchandising, action sports, athletic, buy, buying, buyers, dmm, gmm, district manager, design manager, design management, textiles, stylist, textile, surface, print, prints, open to buy, aims, tukatech, gerber, lectra, cad, cad designer, graphics
* Design new products and prepare new information for Product Lifestyle Management (PLM) system; enter new and revised styles into the PLM system
* Modify and refine designs to conform with specifications, production limitations or changes in design trends.
* Receive and coordinate the fabrication of samples; communicate via email with factories and vendors
* Participate in new product planning
* Attend team meetings and coordinate with supervisors and other team members on projects taking place throughout the department
* Four year degree in a Jewelry Design or Accessory Design Program or
* Comparable experience in a comparable position required
* Able to demonstrate design ability and computer design software skills
* Strong organization and coordination skills
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Able to multi-task effectively
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Randa Accessories: One company, the global leader in lifestyle accessories. Collaborating with 75 leading brands, we design, reinvent, manufacture, distribute, and market mens belts, wallets, neckwear, small leather goods, luggage, backpacks, business cases, slippers, jewelry, and gifts.
From our origins as a neckwear company over a century ago, Randa now provides fashion, lifestyle, luxury, and private branded products through retailers in all channels of distribution, worldwide.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Create architectural drawings and models in accordance with design specifications in support of the Schüco USA Technical Office’s project initiatives and client proposals. Reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Create graphics and layouts for project proposals and promotions and informative instructional material through print and digital media while maintaining existing brand standards
- Use CAD tools effectively to draft design drawings including 3D models
- Prepare and develop drawings and 3D models to meet the specifications of client proposal and project documents
- Support the Technical Office in producing detailed sections in both 2D and 3D views
- Learn and develop skills to become involved in all aspects of the design process
- Support problem solving to help find solutions for complex technical problems and challenges (e.g., structural, thermal and acoustic requirements)
- Four or five-year degree in Architecture, Industrial Design, or related field.
- Hands-on experience with Rhino, Revit, or Inventor; Grasshopper.
- Interest in building facade technology.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Desire to work in a high-energy collaborative team environment in Newington, CT
The company delivers tailored products for newbuilds and renovations, designed to meet individual user needs in all climate zones. Everyone involved is supported with a comprehensive range of services at every stage of the construction process. With 4800 employees and 12,000 partner companies, Schüco is active in more than 80 countries and achieved a turnover of 1.425 billion euros in 2014.
Assistant Interior Designer - PM
ASSISTANT INTERIOR DESIGNER | PROJECT MANAGER
If you believe in…
- A “can do” positive attitude
- Asking questions and listening
- Design contradictions and eclecticism
- Detail and nothing left to chance
- Fresh yet timeless design
- Knowing how to construct what we are imagining
- Resourcefulness and the value of a dollar
- Late nights to complete projects on time
- Less is often more
- The job is not done until the client is thrilled
- Giving back
We exist to…
“Create spaces that move people by adding value to the client, raising
standards, realizing the client’s vision.”
CID Design Group, a 30+ year old, national, multi-disciplined boutique Interior Design & Architecture firm in Naples, FL, is seeking likeminded, talented, motivated and forward thinking people. We are a fast paced design firm that is growing with great opportunity for the right person. Our portfolio includes projects coast-to-coast in over 25 states and Canada focusing on: multi-family, hospitality, commercial and select residential. At CID “We Care about Everything” – Our clients, our people, our families, our community, our work, innovation, creativity, thinking outside the box, resourcefulness and making a difference every day.
If this sounds like you and you desire to work in a dynamic culture with tremendous opportunities for professional development.
Please Submit (You MUST submit the following to be considered for employment.)
□ Portfolio (only examples of work that were designed and managed by the candidate start to completion with 1 – 2 before and after images of a renovation project)
□ Example of recent digital presentation
□ Pinterest Board and/or Houzz Idea-Book of interior design elements that inspire you, or that you believe are extremely well designed, or spaces that move you
□ Quantify as infographic or scale (1-10) expertise in the following:
- Complete Design/Construction Documentation
- AutoCAD (& year)
ASSISTANT INTERIOR DESIGNER | PROJECT MANAGER
The Nitty Gritty
Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Support Project Manager with daily administrative tasks of project management
- Manage project schedules with PM input
- AutoCad drawings on schematic and construction documents
- Entering specifications
- Research and coordinate design features
- Lighting fixture selections
- Ordering samples
- Checking stock on design items
- Create forms and templates as needed
- Attend project meeting with PM|Designer to assist and facilitate
- Create, manage, and organize electronic project file + binders
- CA Assistance: Coordination of RFP’s, RFI’s, Shop Drawings, Etc.
- Assist with space planning
- Assist in communicating with clients + vendors
Requirements I Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design or Architecture, preferably from an accredited institution
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position
- Highly developed skills with AutoCAD, a must, and strong knowledge of Adobe Suite (especially Photoshop), MS Office (especially MS PowerPoint), MS Project a plus etc.
- Working knowledge of modeling software (Sketch-up, 3D Studios, Rhino 3-D, etc.)
- Very strong organizational skills
- Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication, organizational and collaborative skills
- Deliver unique and cutting-edge design within defined budgets and meet internal targets
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to require employment eligibility verification form upon hire
Compensation I Benefits
- Salary (Pay is based upon experience & ability)
- (10) Paid PTO Days (Vacation/Sick)
- (9) Paid Holidays
- Health insurance (50% of base plan) Eligible after 30 days
Assistant Graphic Designer
SC Biz News is seeking an Assistant Graphic Designer to join our award-winning creative team! This is an exciting opportunity for a creative individual to assist the production department in support of the company’s editorial, advertising and marketing efforts. We’re located in one of the most historic areas of the South with world-class culinary offerings, a vibrant arts scene and a dynamic, growing business environment.
SC Biz News produces the Charleston Regional Business Journal, Columbia Regional Business Report, GSA Business and SCBIZ magazine. We also produce custom publications and host events across South Carolina throughout the year.
Support the design team with the development and implementation of editorial layouts, print ads, infographics and marketing materials.
Creating of print-quality PDFs.
Process photos for newspaper and magazine reproduction.
Key Skills, qualifications
High proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Highly organized, attention to detail.
Able to work independently in a deadline-sensitive publishing environment.
Ability to multi-task and handle other duties as assigned.
A team player with a positive attitude.
Ability to take direction.
Ability to communicate effectively.
Ability to collaborate across multiple departments and with external clients.
Knowledge of Google DoubleClick for Publishers or PitStop a plus.
We are looking for someone with related work experience and an aptitude for learning, a solid all-around designer, with a strong work ethic and great attitude who’s willing to work for a great company.
Send your resume and PDF or online portfolio to: Ryan Wilcox, Creative Director: email@example.com
BridgeTower Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.
Graphic Designer & Marketing Assistant
Location: Aberdeen, NC (no remote)
Salary range: Competitive Based on Experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401K, Paid vacation
Position: Graphic Designer & Marketing Assistant
Quantico Tactical is seeking candidates with drive and enthusiasm to join our Marketing Team as a Graphic Designer & Marketing Assistant. The ideal candidate is a bright and motivated graphic designer /marketing assistant to support our Marketing Team on a range of projects providing highly-skilled, creative and cost-effective design for print publications, websites, email templates and social media. The position will also include assisting with social media management, promotional techniques, visual merchandising, event planning and consumer market research. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a studio or agency environment, be a team player and have an eye for design and detail. We are looking for a superstar ready and willing to wear many hats, expanding our Marketing Director’s team of one to a team of two!
Why Quantico Tactical?
Quantico Tactical is the premier source for tactical apparel, gear and weapons for the military, federal agencies, the law enforcement/first responder community and the serious tactical enthusiast.
A high percentage of our employees are law enforcement and military veterans with experience in an expansive array of operational specialties. This also deeply affects our corporate culture in that we are an intensely mission-focused team of professionals that embrace the values of integrity, teamwork, accountability and unyielding dedication.
We are a market leader with the best team, unparalleled products, and procurement solutions for our industry. We offer a great opportunity to play a vital role in supporting the noble cause of our defense, federal, and law enforcement customers worldwide in a dynamically growing organization.
This position is located from our corporate HQ in Aberdeen, NC and cannot be done remotely.
Successful candidates will have no shortage of advancement opportunities.
- Graphic Design
- Create, manage and uphold brand standards
- Create flyers, promotional items, advertisements and other collateral
- Update files, make print-ready and send to print
- Print and digitize ad design
- Design and update weekly marketing emails (5-10 per week)
- General day-to-day support tasks and overflow
- Manage various social media profiles and ecomm assets
- Create and manage content in print and web
- Website management
- Serve as brand ambassador
- Attend local events and interact with the public
- Assist in event planning, preparation and execution
- Assist in development and management of partnerships and sponsorship's
Skills / Knowledge:
- Thorough knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts
- Understanding of digital/analog print production including pre-press requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Web Design or a related course of study
- 2+ Years professional experience
- Outstanding portfolio that demonstrates proven skills in high-level graphic design
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud design software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Consistent and verifiable work history
Only those candidates offered interviews will be contacted.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Quantico Tactical is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
Please visit our website at: www.QUANTICOTACTICAL.com and Facebook
Assistant Event Designer
SE Wisconsin’s leading caterer is looking for talent. From galas to picnics and everything in between, we have been creating memories for more Wisconsin families and companies than any other off-site caterer for more than 40 years. If you are looking to join an established, relevant and growing company that offers promotion from within and opportunities for career growth - and you are a demonstrated hard worker, willing to learn and understand what great customer service is…. keep reading.
Zilli Hospitality Group is looking to hire an outgoing, energetic, customer focused Assistant Event Designer for our Catering Sales department. Our Event Planning Sales Organization is set up in teams. Event Designers work closely with their Assistant Event Designers to ensure that every detail of our client's events are planned perfectly. Providing "The Zilli Touch" in all aspects of the client experience is of the utmost importance.
Supports the Office and Event Designers to provide administrative support on multiple tasks through completion with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL PROFESSIONAL FUNCTIONS:
· Assisting Event Designer will all aspects of event planning, from inquiry to final invoicing
· Communicating with client via phone and email as necessary to compile all necessary information to complete contract for event
· Participate in daily and weekly meetings as required by department protocol or company necessity
· Procuring necessary reports as required by department protocol
· Assist in collection of funds due for events, both prior to and any remaining balances post-event.
· Typing memos, letters, menus, billing, proposals and contracts using standard word processing software and software developed for the hospitality industry.
· Photocopying/scanning information and routing to proper associate or department.
· Answering and transferring phone calls properly and taking accurate messages
· Handling special projects as necessary in a timely manner – both on property & off-property
· Ability to handle multi-tasking
· High level of organizational skills
· Any other duties as delegated/assigned by Vice Presidents or President for the good of the company.
RESULTS UPON WHICH PERFORMANCE IS EVALUATED:
· Accurate execution of job duties
· Punctuality and Attendance
· Creativity and receptiveness to new ideas
· Meeting deadlines
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Reading and writing skills required
· Command of the English language and comfortable with verbal and written interaction between clients and office associates, usage of proper grammar, spelling and punctuation
· Experience from which to draw ideas to promote professionalism and encourage growth and development are recommended
· Proficiency in word processing and use basic office equipment,
· College degree preferred
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with many personalities in a confined office space
Zilli Hospitality Group is an EEO/AA M/W/V/D employer.
Assistant Graphic Designer - 27436
Assistant Graphic Designer
1+ month contract
New York, NY
- Assist in print and pattern administrative operations regarding seasonal artwork sending, organization, and process improvement.
- Render patterns and create Al brushes
- Recolor original artwork to fit into seasonal color palette
- Organize digital files with proper name and number
- Enter all web PDM and PLM info for all prints and keep updated as necessary.
- Send artwork as needed.
- College degree in design or experience equivalent to preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years design experience in a related field (retail preferred)
- Retail experience strongly preferred
- Ability to plan for future growth/activity while managing day-to-day execution.
- Strong customer service philosophy
- Highly motivated, passionate and results oriented
- Displays and exercises personal professionalism and sense of accountability
- Proficiency in Macintosh, In Design, Photoshop, and Illustrator
Jr. Interior Designer / Administrative Assistant
Firm Profile: Michael C.F. Chan & Associates, Inc. Architects and Interior Designers is a full service firm that provides comprehensive Architecture, Planning and Interior Design services. The firm has served a variety of international and U.S. clients ranging from private individuals to large corporate firms. Our practice focuses on custom estate and custom corporate office design projects.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality design services through a comprehensive approach to each project, seeking the best design solutions by working with all the elements of the design process including master planning, landscape, exterior architecture, interior architecture, interior furniture, fixtures and equipment(FF&E), including accessories, art and antique collections. Through this process, our firm creates unique, memorable and quality lifestyle design projects for our clients.
- 1-2 years of experience
- High-end residential interior design experience preferred
- Assist Designers in Interior & Architecture Departments
- Microsoft Office-Word/Excel /Outlook
- Strong writing and grammar skills.
- Compose memos/emails
- General office work
- Design Manager & Photoshop required
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Procurement experience A+
- Excellent Attitude
- Works well under pressure
- Self-motivated team player
- Internet Savvy
Salary negotiable Excellent benefits
For details, please visit http://www.mcfchan.com
Please submit your resume along with samples of work.
Assistant Lighting Designer - Energy Sector
Energy Sector – Assistant Lighting Designer
Northwest Edison is a commercial electrical contracting company specializing in lighting, sustainability projects, and electrical service work. For over 25 years we have been designing and installing energy efficient lighting and lighting control systems throughout the Western US.
Northwest Edison wants to expand their lighting retrofit and design team in Woodinville. This team surveys, compiles, specifies and designs lighting upgrades in the commercial, industrial, institutional and roadway sectors. This is a fast paced, multi-faceted position and provides an opportunity to work in the energy conservation market and learn and grow with the illumination industry.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful, and have construction or lighting background. We’d like to see the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility, composure and a good sense of humor.
The position will work closely with field auditors, the manager of lighting design, material acquisition specialists, utility incentive reps and project managers. This role will require the successful candidate to quickly get up to speed on lighting, occupancy controls and energy codes. At any given time there are up to 20 different projects that need to be serviced at various stages of development. Scrupulous note taking and organizational ability are key to success.
At Northwest Edison we demand the utmost respect and kindness be shown to our customers, vendors and co-workers. This is a collaborative environment where there is a wealth of knowledge to be gained. Because this position will be in an office environment the successful candidate needs to be prepared to spend normal business hours at the office including some early mornings and late nights, should the work load require extra time and effort.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Extreme proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to ‘switch gears’ often and work on multiple projects each day
- Tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and following up on outstanding items
- Ability to take direction from various people and work to get a unified vision
- Having an analytical outlook will help and if you enjoy doing puzzles this will be fun for you
- Ability and desire to learn daily in a rapidly changing technology market
- Willingness to pick up the phone and reach out to get the information needed for a particular task
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in construction, engineering or energy conservation is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments while maintaining a commitment to deadlines and long term goals
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events which require quick response or turnaround
Compensation: Northwest Edison offers a very competitive salary based primarily on experience, full benefits package including health, Vision, Dental, paid time off (PTO) 401K and profit sharing.
- Background checks, motor vehicle report/checks and pre-employment drug screening will be required.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!