Assistant Designer Job Description Sample
The Assistant Designer will provide overall support to the Design team by assisting in preliminary design research, creating tech packs and assembling presentation boards and materials.
· Work closely with designers to create, update and prepare technical packs to be sent to overseas factories and vendors
· Ensure all production package requests are processed accurately and in a timely manner
· Meet all deadlines in adherence to the seasonal design calendar
· Track and update the design sample schedule to ensure deadlines and sample production milestones are being met
· Coordinate and upload sample packages and provide color and reference samples to the sample room as necessary
· Receive and review samples with designers and send sample comments to the sample room
· Email sales when new samples are received
· Maintain product development logs, line sheets, fabric and color library, design archives library, and inspiration boards
· Create CAD sketches of styles in development
· Contribute to complete landscape and brand research
· Help maintain seasonal design catalogs
· Special projects as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
· 1+ years of experience in related field and/or strong internship experience
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
· Excellent organizational and communication skills with attention to detail
Haddad Brands holds the global licenses for Nike, Jordan, Converse, Levi's, and Hurley children's wear. Our work environment is entrepreneurial, fast paced and FUN!
Haddad is a privately held family business with over 60 years of experience in the children’s wear apparel and accessories industry. Haddad is the leading children’s wear manufacturer representing the most iconic American brands in the world; Nike, Brand Jordan, Converse, Hurley and Levi’s. Our talented professionals are leaders in design, sourcing, sales and global distribution. With over 15 locations and 800 employees globally, it is no surprise that we are already the number one children’s wear company in the world.
Solar PV Assistant Designer
Solar PV Assistant Designer
Premier Solar is actively recruiting for a full-time entry level PV Designer in the Albuquerque area. The successful applicant will maintain high levels of professionalism in the day-to-day activities of our design operations. The PV system designer will coordinate the design of PV residential solar design systems. This role will be responsible for executing or providing quality assurance for the system design, electrical components, site plan Line Diagrams and permit drawing review process.
If you have the solid background in Solar Design, we encourage you to apply today!
- Proficiency in any current version of AutoCAD
- 2 Years Drafting in Construction, Electric Solar preferred
- 2 Years CAD experience in a professional environment
- Basic knowledge of the National Electric Code
- Basic knowledge of residential construction techniques
- Initiative to implement process improvements
- Hands on experience with Solar Design
- Analytical / critical thinking / acute attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check
- Associates Degree in an engineering related field minimum (Bachelors preferred)
- Experience in designing Solar PV systems.
- Strong knowledge of photovoltaic system design and optimizing system components for energy production.
- Understanding of the Balance of Systems (BOS) and its operations, as your job will require creating one.
- Experience in creating and finalizing BOM with required standards and specifications from the plant design.
- Experience with PV System energy modeling tools and ability to run simulation, capable to do optimization and production modeling.
- Lead design for Solar PV projects.
- Generation estimation and preparation of performance model.
- Provide technical support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Create, review and modify drawing sets in AutoCAD and custom software tools.
Perform Site Visits
Climb on Roofs, set up ladders, use tape measure,
Complete electrical and structural designs for photovoltaic projects.
Research, document and comply with local and national code requirements in project jurisdictions.
Perform site surveys complete designs exceeding customers’ expectations with strict deadlines.
Assist in documenting and developing industry best practices, standards and guidelines;
Delegate project completion tasks to other engineering team members;
Utilize software systems to record progress of various tasks;
Demonstrate professionalism and ethical behavior at all times
Show up to work on time ready to work
It is the policy of Osceola Energy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- CAD: 2 years
POSITION OVERVIEW: Create architectural drawings and models in accordance with design specifications in support of the Schüco USA Technical Office’s project initiatives and client proposals. Reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Create graphics and layouts for project proposals and promotions and informative instructional material through print and digital media while maintaining existing brand standards
- Use CAD tools effectively to draft design drawings including 3D models
- Prepare and develop drawings and 3D models to meet the specifications of client proposal and project documents
- Support the Technical Office in producing detailed sections in both 2D and 3D views
- Learn and develop skills to become involved in all aspects of the design process
- Support problem solving to help find solutions for complex technical problems and challenges (e.g., structural, thermal and acoustic requirements)
- Four or five-year degree in Architecture, Industrial Design, or related field.
- Hands-on experience with Rhino, Revit, or Inventor; Grasshopper.
- Interest in building facade technology.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Desire to work in a high-energy collaborative team environment in Newington, CT
The company delivers tailored products for newbuilds and renovations, designed to meet individual user needs in all climate zones. Everyone involved is supported with a comprehensive range of services at every stage of the construction process. With 4800 employees and 12,000 partner companies, Schüco is active in more than 80 countries and achieved a turnover of 1.425 billion euros in 2014.
Assistant Designer - Bras
Assistant Designer - Bras Brand: Soma Intimates
Category: Fashion Design
Fort Myers, FL
Assist the Designer to create and develop a unique product that is brand appropriate while being modern and fashion forward. Balances core and trend items and is enhanced through the details which will help set the product apart from other brands. The Assistant Designer will be a part of a highly creative and energetic team plays an integral role in the White HouseBlack Market.
Assists with the creation of the SRF Packages and help update & maintain the information in the SRF after 'Styleout'.
Creates and update monthly 'line charts'.
Assists in managing multiple seasons at different stages of development, while driving the development calendar and adhering to the T&A.
Meets with Creative Team on monthly concepts to help create and implement direction and mood for the company.
Stays abreast of trends both directional and a retail level.
Maintains awareness of direction of other classifications in order to use knowledge and apply to bigger picture.
Partners with Product Managers to communicate on a regular basis with vendors on development of product throughout design process (+ video conference at outset of new SRF Packages).
Partners with Merchants throughout the development process and know sales of categories and apply them to future seasons.
4-Year College Degree Preferred
1-3 years' experience in the apparel design industry, preferably contemporary market
Outstanding sketching and presentation skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong sense and passion for details that will make the brand and product unique
Computer proficient in Microsoft Office, Micrographix, or compatible program
* Design new products and prepare new information for Product Lifestyle Management (PLM) system; enter new and revised styles into the PLM system
* Modify and refine designs to conform with specifications, production limitations or changes in design trends.
* Receive and coordinate the fabrication of samples; communicate via email with factories and vendors
* Participate in new product planning
* Attend team meetings and coordinate with supervisors and other team members on projects taking place throughout the department
* Four year degree in a Jewelry Design or Accessory Design Program or
* Comparable experience in a comparable position required
* Able to demonstrate design ability and computer design software skills
* Strong organization and coordination skills
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Able to multi-task effectively
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Randa Accessories: One company, the global leader in lifestyle accessories. Collaborating with 75 leading brands, we design, reinvent, manufacture, distribute, and market mens belts, wallets, neckwear, small leather goods, luggage, backpacks, business cases, slippers, jewelry, and gifts.
From our origins as a neckwear company over a century ago, Randa now provides fashion, lifestyle, luxury, and private branded products through retailers in all channels of distribution, worldwide.
Assistant Designer - Fashion!
The Assistant Designer will provide overall support to the Design team
Key Account abilities:
- Work closely with designers to create, update and prepare technical packs to be sent to overseas factories and vendors
- Ensure all production package requests are processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Meet all deadlines in adherence to the seasonal design calendar
- Track and update the design sample schedule to ensure deadlines and sample production milestones are being met
- Maintain product development logs, line sheets, fabric and color library, design archives library, and inspiration boards
- Create CAD sketches of styles in development
- Contribute to complete landscape and brand research
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
- 1+ years of experience in related field and/or strong internship experience in childrenswear
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with attention to detail
Assistant Designer - Valparaiso, IN
Summary Responsible for reviewing artwork and structural box samples and for designing and creating samples or layouts based on customer artwork and specifications by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Fabricating creative and functional designs for corrugated shipping containers including structural and graphics.
Providing accurate and legible documentation (both CAD files and Print Cards) to Sales staff, Customer Service and Production departments to insure customer’s needs and production efficiencies are met.
Keep a library of all active and non-active tooling in both die cut and printing areas.
Responsible for creating prototypes and samples manually or by using CAM system in order to send to Customers.
Responsible for producing small order quantities when required.
Responsible for purchasing required tooling used during the manufacturing process such as cutting dies, print plates, anvil covers or various supplies for the repair shop.
Meet with vendors on a daily basis to discuss efficiencies and best tooling pricing.
Responsible proofing all new incoming print plates and cutting dies and for coordinating the tooling repairs with shop personnel.
Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
Follows corporate Quality, Sanitation, GMP and HACCP standards to achieve a finished product within quality control specifications.
Additional duties as assigned by management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Intelligence: Demonstrate ability to acquire understanding and absorb new information rapidly.Analysis
Identifies significant problems and opportunities.
Creativity: Generates new (creative) approaches to problems or original modifications (innovations) to established approaches.
Organization/Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budges in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities. Effectively juggles multiple projects. Anticipates reasonable contingencies. Pays reasonable attention to detail. Manages personal time well.
Excellence: Sets high “stretch” standards of performance for self and all coworkers. Demonstrates low tolerance for mediocrity. Requires high quality results. Exhibits conscientiousness and attention to detail.
Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities. Copes effectively with complexity.
Customer Focus: Regularly monitors customer satisfaction. Meets internal and external customer needs in ways that provide satisfaction and excellent results for the customer. Establishes partner relationships and regarded as visible and accessible by internal and external customers.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ArtiosCAD, TOPS or CAPE, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator; Internet software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software; Word Processing software.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities
Basic experience operating equipment and machinery: Kongsberg cutting table; Able to read measuring devices such as a tape measure.
One to two year’s experience in related field preferred; manufacturing experience a plus.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally required to stand; Occasionally required to walk; Frequently required to sit; Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; Frequently required to reach with hands and arms; Occasionally required to climb or balance; required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; Frequently required to talk or hear; Occasionally required to taste or smell.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Not exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); Occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; Not exposed to work in high, precarious places; Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; Not exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions; Not exposed to extreme cold (non-weather); Not exposed to extreme heat (non-weather); Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock; Not exposed to work with explosives; Not exposed to risk of radiation; Occasionally exposed to vibration.
Level of Noise of the work environment is: Moderate noise
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Pratt Industries offers competitive compensation plans with incentive opportunities, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, HSA, All State, Pre-Paid Legal, and 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Assistant Sportswear Designer
Styleworks is a leading design and manufacturing company in the Hospitality Industry, creating high end Uniforms for Men and Women at upscale Hotel Properties. Designs range from Sportswear to Dresses to Activewear.
We are currently looking for Assistant Sportswear Designer to support the Design Department. Position will be responsible for assisting the VP of Design in daily activities including;
- Creating Design Illustrations for presentation purposes
- Creating technical sketches and style sheets
- Fabric and trim sourcing
- Organization and library managing of illustrations, technical sheets and fabric
- Prepare design and mood boards for presentations
- Coordinate with production team on sample development and deliveries
- Degree in Fashion Design including pattern drafting.
- Knowledge of garment construction required
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) required
* Send samples of personal website, flat sketches or designs for immediate consideration.
Depending on Experience
Styleworks is a design and manufacturing company of fashion driven uniforms catering to 4 and 5 star hotels and resorts worldwide.
Assistant Sleepwear Designer – Global Intimates Manufacturer
A leading global manufacturer of women's intimate apparel, sleepwear, and shapewear is seeking a talented Assistant Designer to join their sleepwear team.
The ideal candidate for this position is a motivated and eager professional looking to apply their design skills and innovative ideas and partner with a leader in the industry! This is a fantastic opportunity to hone your sharp sense of style and technique in a dynamic, hands-on role.
· Create color and inspiration boards
· Complete tech packs
· Attend prototype fittings and provide feedback on garment
· Maintain communication with overseas factories
· Research and stay up-to-date on current trends
· Contribute new ideas in team meetings; present new concepts
· Develop sketches by hand and in Illustrator
· Take on special projects, as necessary
· Experience in sleepwear
· Bachelor’s degree in fashion preferred
· Trendy aesthetic for design
· Thorough understanding of sleepwear construction and fit
· Highly proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop
· Excellent multitasking skills
· Strong communicator
· Collaborative, team-centered approach
Please submit your resume to be considered for this opportunity!
Assistant Electrical Designer
The Assistant Electrical Designer position is responsible for projects ofaveragescope and complexity; often with little or no supervision for extended periods; including frequent interaction with internal associates, external customers, and suppliers. Primary focus includes machine design packages applyingexisting technology used within the company withprimary focus on routine projects assigned within their own business unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Able tocreate electrical and pneumatic hardware designpackages using existing technology used within the company.
- Reviews, understands, and follows the design criteria outlined in the machine specification documents, including mechanical criteria that may affect the electrical and/or pneumatic design.
- Follows all Douglas electrical standards including engineering and assembly standards, national codes (NEC, NFPA79 and UL508A), and any other applicable standards and codes.
- Including the calculations for enclosure and raceway sizing, enclosure cooling, and machine utility requirements.
- Generates the Bill of Material and related documentation for all assigned projects.
- Including electrical schematics, pneumatics drawings, panel layout, cable routing, electrical brackets, cable/wire labels, phenolic tags, and machine floor plan information.
- Maintains project schedules and completes assigned projects within allocated hours.
- Travels to customer sites to resolve machine installation and/or commissioning problems.
- Interacts in a professional manner with internal associates, external customers, and suppliers to support all assigned projects throughout their design, manufacture, build, validation, and commissioning phases.
- Identifies opportunities for cost reductions and quality improvements in equipment.
- Utilizes corporate processes
- Design and Development
- Verification and Validation
- Engineering Change Control
- Risk Assessment for all machine designs
- Douglas Improvement Projects
- Responsible for complying with all safety policies and procedures.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong creativity and problem solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- High proficiency in the use of personal computers and related software.
- Computer Aided Design/Drafting (CAD) experience (SolidWorks preferred).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Requires an A.A. degree in Electrical Engineering or related field and a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience or the equivalent education and work experience.
- Experience in electrical designing of packaging equipment preferred.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!