Assistant Designer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assistant Designer
User Assistance Designer
Product Training and Documentation provides training and development opportunities for SumTotal customers, partners, and employees with a strategic goal of creating exponential impact both internally and for our external customers. The User Assistance Designer I position works closely with product management, customers and departments to conduct need based assessments, identify technical solutions, and deliver solutions that increase customer satisfaction and success. The ideal candidate possesses impeccable writing skills, how-to-video design experience, and a technical video production background. Soft skills include a goal-oriented attitude and demeanor to work through roadblocks, as well as the ability motivate external concerns and bring about resolution that focuses on an excellent focus on customers and results.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, edit and produce how-to videos to increase product usability
- Design product solutions that permeate documentation, training, help and the SumTotal product
- Ability to develop sustainable, cost-effective technical solutions
- Monitor and report on solution effectiveness
- Produce comprehensive technical writing and training solutions that complement the how-to videos
- Test and ensure the highest quality products for our users
- Interact with Product Management, Professional Services and Support teams on training
Candidates with the following attributes will be afforded additional consideration.
- 3+ years of experience
- BA or MA in English or related degree
- Excellent script writing skills
- Working knowledge of video standards and video formats
- Familiarity with audio production
- Familiarity with video assembly and editing
- Creative writing, news reporting skills, marketing video experience, technical writing skills, instructional design skills, or YouTube experience a plus
- Gaming design background
- User experience skills
Assistant Fashion Designer
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT VIA THIS LINK only:
DESIGNERS MUST SUBMIT THEIR PORTFOLIO, APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO WILL NOT BE IN CONSIDERATION.
We are seeking a highly motivated, friendly, and committed candidate that will bring a fresh perspective to our already-established brand while maintaining the integrity of what our line stands for. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Assistant Fashion Designer will help designers to interpret the trend direction into brand appropriate silhouettes and to learn the design process through working with Design and Product Development teams.
- Assists designer in creating original concepts that encompass style, color, and print to ensure customer focused offerings that meet fashion and quality requirements consistent with brand profile
- Provide ongoing array of relevant design options that ensure brand integrity by researching and recommending trims, styles, prints, stitching, colors etc.
- Develop an expert knowledge regarding women's apparel by researching current trends and styles through research online and in the marketplace.
- Support Design and Marketing teams by maintaining sample check lists, sketch boards, shared electronic files, tech packs, graphic designs, fashion shows, etc.
- Ensures adherence to the Seasonal Time and Action calendar.
The ideal candidate should have:
-Education: Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design or Fine Arts.
- Experience: 1+ years related experience in the apparel industry
- Must be proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator, MS office
- High taste level, design and color sense
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; superior verbal communication
When working for Ming Wang, you'll enjoy a family environment with your colleagues and a
friendly ambiance provided by our valued customers. You'll also be a part of a team that is committed to supporting your career goals.
ALL DESIGNERS MUST SUBMIT THEIR PORTFOLIO. DESIGNERS WILL NOT BE IN CONSIDERATION WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO
For the past 30 years MING WANG has offered high-end knit apparel through various product lines catering to the sophisticated woman. Looking to redefine a woman's relationship with her wardrobe, MING WANG aims to offer timeless styles and high quality products, all while providing impeccable service to each of our clients. A family-owned and operated enterprise, MING WANG has achieved significant growth in recent years and looks to aggressively build on that success. Current retail relationships include Von Maur, Dillard's, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and approximately 250 specialty boutiques across the United States.
Internship 2017 - Elearning Design Assistant
Job Description: s: E-Learning Design Assistant/Summer 2017 Internship Join us!
Be part of an Innovative, Fun, Creative marketing team. Bring your enthusiasm… your curiosity…. your resourcefulness….. Since 2003, SCRAM Systems has been creating technologies that make a difference in the lives of offenders, their families, and their communities. Like many of the great technologies that impact our world today, our flagship product was invented in the garage of a forward-thinking engineer.
Since those humble beginnings, SCRAM Systems has evolved into a multinational corporation that is a major player in the corrections technology industry. But we’ve also held onto our roots—we’re proud of our casual, friendly, innovative culture that gives employees the opportunity to shine and encourages them to bring their best to work every day. How will you contribute? + Willingness to jump in and quickly learn new technologies in order to develop the highest quality e-learning experiences.
Ability to work with templates and style guides to maintain a consistent look, feel and voice of the training.
Looks for ways to streamline and improve the delivery of training content and can articulate their ideas to the team.
Practices kind, constructive critiquing in both directions, can accept and evaluate critiques of their own work and is not afraid to offer critiques and opinions to team members to continually improve the work.
Can work within set timelines to complete assigned work. What can you bring to impact team results? + Technological Competence with basic computer functions (Internet, Word, Excel, Adobe) + Organizational and follow up skills + Poised communication (email, phone, written) + Natural aptitude in communicating with various professional (sales, accountants, engineers, customer support) What will your week look like?
Part Time, 20 hour work week Monday – Friday Required Experience: Type or Copy/Paste Requirements here Keyword: E-Learning From: SCRAM Systems
Interior Design Assistant (Studio Assistant)
The Studio Assistant's role while being an entry level one, gives an individual the opportunity to learn the interior design business from the ground up. This position has been created to acclimate an individual to the operations and tasks needed to become a successful designer.
A list of job duties that the Studio Assistant will be asked to do is mentioned below. 1. Design: a. Programming: attend client meetings, take notes and gather information to use in developing concept; write up and distribute meeting notes to Senior Designer b.
Source materials (flooring, wall covering, etc.) for Senior Designer c. Develop preliminary design using sketches and drawings as needed to communicate concept to Senior Designer d. Prepare AutoCAD drawings and documents for construction of projects including, but not limited to, plans, elevations, sections, and perspectives for Junior/Senior Designer review e.
Self-educate re: current and changing design technology and trends 2. Project Management: a. Coordinate and schedule sub contract labor.
Share schedule with Senior Designer b. Help with installation of a client's home 3. Administrative a.
Assist with pricing, availability, and lead times for furnishing items b. Enter Items into SWW and review proposals. c. Review order acknowledgments d.
Call and confirm estimated furnishing ship dates. Enter information into SWW e. Order samples for Senior Designer f.
Return samples to showrooms g. Maintain and refile resource and fabric rooms, keep organized and current h. Provide Administrative support for client meetings i.
Keep track of own time spent on project(s), enter time into Studio Webware weekly j. Keep track of travel time as necessary 4. Professional Practice: a.
Obtain a professional manner in office, at client meetings, and within design community b. Be accountable for quality of work performed
Studio M is a Full Service Interior Design Firm based in Tampa. We have been in business for 25 years, and our specialty is large, new construction homes.
We handle both residential as well as commercial projects for our clients. Project locations vary.
Post a Job
Marketing Manager, Design Assist
Job Description: Full market management responsibility for the Design Assist function.
Responsible for marketing analytics for potential GCP construction opportunities. Responsible for analyzing Dodge reports for upcoming projects to prioritize sales activities and compare against CRM database. Must apply in-depth product line knowledge of all GCP construction products as well as competitive response of competing product lines.
Responsible for craft succinct value statements for technical benefits of company’s product portfolio tailored to audience of architects and designers. Responsible for tracking pull-through of specified projects to ensure execution at subcontractor level. Analyze current gaps in marketplace for new product development opportunities.
Must apply product launch expertise for New Product Development related to competitive landscape for concrete additives, cement additives, commercial building waterproofing, air barrier/weather barrier fireproofing, ready-mix concrete quality sensor services, commercial leak service and soils stabilization. Required Skills Master in Business Administration or Marketing and two (2) years of experience in the job or two (2) years of professional experience as a Marketing Manager, Product Manager or closely related occupation within the specialty chemical industry, in a manufacturing and marketing environment of premier specialty construction chemicals/building materials and technologies. Must have product management experience and technical working knowledge of building science principles related to commercial building constructions, waterproofing, weather barrier and constructions principles. Must have at least two (2) years of marketing analytics experience using Dodge reports and CRM data and apply in-depth marketing knowledge of value-statement creation and analysis of market transparency for construction market. 50% travel required.
Job Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States Position Type: Full-Time/Regular Tracking Code: 690-241
Post a Job
Assistant Fashion Designer
Assistant Fashion Designer
We are seeking a detail oriented, highly motivated and committed candidate that will bring a fresh perspective to our already-established licensing team sports apparel business.
- Create production artwork using Adobe CC
- Create technical packages using software related to MS Excel and Web-based solutions
- Communicate with factories and review/approve colors, print and fit
- The Assistant Fashion Designer will help senior designer from concept to final products. He/She will be responsible for both creative and technical tasks in design and merchandising.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design or Fine Arts or Associate Degree in related field with 4+ years of experience in the industry
Experience: 2+ years related experience in the apparel industry
- Must be proficient in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat DC) and Microsoft Office.
- WebPDM, Techpacker.com or any similar software experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with superior verbal communication
- Keen sense of color shade determination is required for this position
PLEASE NOTE: ALL DESIGNERS MUST BRING THEIR PORTFOLIO. WE WILL NOT BE IN CONSIDERATION WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO
We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Graphic Design Assistant / Account Manager
We are a graphic arts agency, specializing in branding. Located in Hilo, Hawaii, we serve a variety of local and remote clients, with varying needs. Our ultimate focus is to connect the heart of a brand with the heart of their audience. We help brands be represented in their most clear and beautiful form.
About the Position:
We are seeking a Graphic Design Assistant / Account Manager, to assist with creative work, and help us stay organized, on task, and on time. This position will ideally be filled by a candidate with a strong background in graphic design, account management, and who has strong organizational skills. Experience in an agency setting, and familiarity with entrepreneurship are appreciated. This is a versatile role that includes both creative and organizational work. The ability to put on whatever hat is needed in the moment is a strong asset.
Tasks will include:
- Assisting with graphic design work, using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Lightroom
- Preparing briefs and determining client needs
- Ensuring the essence of who the client is and what they need from us is being met
- Creating invoices and estimates to deliver to clients
- Managing social media channels, creating content and engaging with the target audience
- Creating videos that capture our creative process, showcasing our work
- Keeping the company---s online portfolio up-to-date, using Squarespace
- Office management tasks such as bookkeeping, answering enquiries, keeping Dropbox files organized and up-to-date
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor---s degree in marketing / communications or similar field
- Intermediate experience using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator (5 years or more)
- Proficiency in vector images and mastering vector curves
- Clear knowledge of raster vs vector based imagery
- Knowledge of proper dimensions, resolutions and color profiles for screen vs print
- Have a passion and understanding of design, branding and business
- Experience creating an online portfolio of creative work
- Experience developing websites with Squarespace or similar Content Management System (CMS)
- Experience managing clients, preparing estimates, job proposals and invoices (1 year or more)
- Experience preparing briefs and determining client needs
- Project management experience
- Bookkeeping experience (1 year or more)
- Versatile using the software programs Pages, Numbers, and Evernote
Communications and Videography:
- Videography and video editing experience (3 years or more)
- Experience documenting people---s stories and sharing them in a clear and compelling way, through video and other means of communication (blogging, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of social media best practices, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Sound knowledge of Hilo culture and businesses
- Understanding and interest in multiculturalism
- Travel experience and exposure to Indigenous cultures
- Entrepreneurial mindset, self-starter
- Experience creating crowdfunding campaigns
- Experience managing social media channels and generating engagement
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge and interest in sustainability and veganism
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Exceptional communication skills
- Creative eye that pays attention to detail
- Ability to keep others organized and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to organize online files
- Experience with event management, booking artists and clients
Please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply. Only those being considered for the position will be contacted.
- Bachelor---s degree in marketing / communications or similar field
Interior Design / Administrative Assistant - Private Jet Compan
Job Description: Interior Design / Administrative Assistant – Private Jet CompanyInternational Jet Interiors – Long Island MacArthur AirportInternational Jet Interiors has a great opportunity for an experienced Administrative Assistant with Interior Design skills to join our dedicated team.
Accuracy, prioritization skills and strong attention to detail are critical. The successful candidate will be a dependable multitasker and a self-starter with strong writing and communication skills. You must demonstrate a commitment to excellence with a positive, professional, “can do” attitude.
Our office is beautiful and is a friendly, creative environment where we work as a team towards a common goal.International Jet Interiors is America’s leading boutique aircraft modification and refurbishment facility dedicated to private jets, located at Long Island MacArthur Airport in Ronkonkoma, NY.With clients worldwide, International Jet Interiors has been featured in numerous publications including The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Time Magazine, The Robb Report as well as being featured numerous times on TV with CNBC and The Travel Channel.Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To: Answer multi-line telephone (very light call volume)Provide office support directly to Company President and internal team members
Generate and execute proposals, contracts and work orders
Generate and execute purchase orders through QuickBooksGenerate drawings in AutoCAD (3D modeling software is a plus)Prepare scans, postal, UPS & Federal ExpressAssorted General Office Tasks Qualifications:Minimum 7 years of experience (interior design experience is a plus)Bachelor’s degree
Must have very strong computer skills
Must be knowledgeable in QuickBooks, Excel, Word, Photoshop, or any other design software is required
Must be resourceful with a strong work ethic, supported by commitment and follow-throughMust be a problem solver, attentive to details and able to follow directions
Able to efficiently prioritize and handle multiple projects and tasks in a logical manner
Excellent telephone, communication and interpersonal skills
Punctuality, organization, dependable and integrity are a must
Self-motivated and must be capable of working independently as well as part of a team
Confident and friendly on the phone
Professional in appearance and behavior
We Provide:The position if offered with a competitive salary based on experience and a full benefits package including 401k, profit sharing, health insurance, vacation. Hours are M – F, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. To Apply:Email resume and compensation requirements
Annual compensation requirement MUST be included to be considered.Company DescriptionInternational Jet Interiors is America’s leading boutique aircraft modification and refurbishment facility dedicated to private jets, located at Long Island MacArthur Airport in Ronkonkoma, NY.With clients worldwide, International Jet Interiors has been featured in numerous publications including The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Time Magazine, The Robb Report as well as being featured numerous times on TV with CNBC and The Travel Channel.
Post a Job
Handbag Design Assistant/ Administrative Assistant LIC
NYC based Handbag Company, seeking highly creative, passionate, detailed oriented, eager to learn designer to be part of our team. Must have excellent communication skills & multi-tasking ability.
Position is FULL TIME.REQUIREMENTS:--- Bachelor---s degree in design related program--- 1 --- 3 years of related design experience--- Lend creative & practical support to Senior Designer--- Some knowledge of QA & production process--- Flexibility & willing to commit the time to finish a project--- Strong CAD design applications skills i.e. Adobe, Photoshop & Illustrator--- Strong Microsoft Outlook & Office Suite--- Strong knowledge of fashion & market trends--- Keep track of purchase order process--- Organizational & Communicational skills are a must--- Ability to work under deadlines, manage multiple priorities, work independently, take initiative, & close attention to detail.
Post a Job
Drafter Designer 4 - Checker (Relocation Assistance Provided)
Leads the design/product definition process. Verifies accuracy of technical and non-technical data produced. Coordinates and resolves tolerance, fit, material or manufacturability issues. Establishes and implements design guidance. Oversees workgroup tasking and allocates resource to meet development schedules. Derives detailed requirements from conceptual parameters. Develops and implements new processes and procedures to increase productivity. Reviews design definitions for adherence to requirements, dimensional accuracy, conformity to standards and design efficiency. Evaluates dimensions and tolerances to determine fit at extremes of tolerance range and provides guidance to establish design definitions within applicable standards. Monitors manufacturing or engineering related design/process issues. Evaluates trends and makes design recommendations. Monitors, reviews and coordinates release/change request documentation. Evaluates change request inquiries and determines impact to project schedule and/or technical requirements. Works to resolve or rejects design change requests.
The CAD Checker
- Generating all detailed part, assembly and interface drawings as well as parts lists and bills of materials.
- Interference and assembly fit check studies, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, and assuring compliance with industry drafting standards.
- Translation of engineering designs and concepts into manufacturable and cost effective design configurations.
- Generate mechanical drawings including carbon structures, electrical packaging, and cable/wiring harnesses.
- Identify and interface with vendors and manufacturers to fabricate and supply components and systems