Assistant Designer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assistant Designer
Assistant Designer - Sweaters
Assist the Designer to create and develop a unique product that is brand appropriate while being modern and fashion forward. Balances core and trend items and is enhanced through the details which will help set the product apart from other brands. The Assistant Designer will be a part of a highly creative and energetic team plays an integral role in the White HouseBlack Market.
Assists with the creation of the SRF Packages and help update & maintain the information in the SRF after 'Styleout'.
Creates and update monthly 'line charts'.
Assists in managing multiple seasons at different stages of development, while driving the development calendar and adhering to the T&A.
Meets with Creative Team on monthly concepts to help create and implement direction and mood for the company.
Stays abreast of trends both directional and a retail level.
Maintains awareness of direction of other classifications in order to use knowledge and apply to bigger picture.
Partners with Product Managers to communicate on a regular basis with vendors on development of product throughout design process (+ video conference at outset of new SRF Packages).
Partners with Merchants throughout the development process and know sales of categories and apply them to future seasons.
4-Year College Degree Preferred
1-3 years' experience in the apparel design industry, preferably contemporary market
Outstanding sketching and presentation skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong sense and passion for details that will make the brand and product unique
Computer proficient in Microsoft Office, Micrographix, or compatible program
Assistant Designer For Young Mens Fashion Apparel Company
As the Assistant Designer you will lend both creative and practical support to the design team. You will support all aspects of design and development from concept to competition including: sketching, tech packs, CADs, and merchant presentations. You must be fully skilled in all Adobe creative programs. The ideal candidate must have a great attitude, work well within a team, and be highly organized.
- Collaborate with the design team for all design and creative needs
- Develop technical sketches for garment styling and construction specifications.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Tech Packs
- Responsible for rendering CADS and color mock ups
- Assist with follow-up of samples, fabrics, and trims as needed
- Execute and manage the salesman sample process.
- Maintain design department files and records
- Work quickly and efficiently to meet deadlines with strict adherence to calendar dates.
- Daily and prompt communication with all vendors.
- Degree in Fashion Design or a related field, preferred
- At least, 1 -3 years of experience in Fashion Design, preferred
- Excellent computer skills including Photoshop, Illustrator and Excel
- Solid understanding of design process Solid flat sketching skills
- Good design and color sense
- Working knowledge of apparel construction, material construction and properties, manufacturing and costing, standard measurements
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Able to take direction well and be flexible
- Capable of diversified duties from creative to administrative
- High sense of urgency and great attention to detail Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
Sarah Seven is looking for an Assistant designer to join our growing team for women's wear and bridal. Prime responsibilities are below, as a small company we wear lots of hats and no task is above or below job duties.
- MUST HAVE STRONG PHOTOSHOP AND ILLUSTRATOR SKILLS
- Confidence in creating tech packs
- Assist in creating and maintaining design sketches
- Must be able to spec garments
- Aid Designer in everyday tasks
- Handling duplicate sampling in the back sample room and with factories
- Sourcing trim and fabric with factories
- Strong pattern making skills
- Knowledge in garment construction
- Ability to multi task in a deadline driven fast paced environment.
- Highly proficient in Excel, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Being highly detail oriented and follow directions is necessary
- Strong ability to work well within a team-based environment under stress.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic are a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design
- sourcing fabrics and trimmings
- creating mood, shape and trend boards
- an eye for design and colour
- excellent presentation skills
- strong pattern cutting skills
Marietta Interior Design/Merchandising firm is seeking a Assistant Designer to join our expanding team.
We are looking for team players who are creative, hardworking, detail oriented and have a passion for design. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to collaborate in a team environment, provide support to Project Designer and/or Senior Designer with all presentations as well as provide working knowledge of design trends and space planning.
- Support design team in all capacities
- · Create initial proposals and PowerPoint presentations for clients
- · Help initiate and procure color boards for presentations
- · Selecting and specifying furniture, art, lamps and accessories
- · Provide assistance with all phases of design process from planning to installation of projects – Travel required 25% +
- · Meet and interface with clients and vendors in a professional manner
A 4 year college degree in Interior Design. Must be able to travel. CAD/Revit experience helpful.
We are a drug free workplace.
Assistant Designer - Valparaiso, IN
Summary Responsible for reviewing artwork and structural box samples and for designing and creating samples or layouts based on customer artwork and specifications by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Fabricating creative and functional designs for corrugated shipping containers including structural and graphics.
Providing accurate and legible documentation (both CAD files and Print Cards) to Sales staff, Customer Service and Production departments to insure customer’s needs and production efficiencies are met.
Keep a library of all active and non-active tooling in both die cut and printing areas.
Responsible for creating prototypes and samples manually or by using CAM system in order to send to Customers.
Responsible for producing small order quantities when required.
Responsible for purchasing required tooling used during the manufacturing process such as cutting dies, print plates, anvil covers or various supplies for the repair shop.
Meet with vendors on a daily basis to discuss efficiencies and best tooling pricing.
Responsible proofing all new incoming print plates and cutting dies and for coordinating the tooling repairs with shop personnel.
Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
Follows corporate Quality, Sanitation, GMP and HACCP standards to achieve a finished product within quality control specifications.
Additional duties as assigned by management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Intelligence: Demonstrate ability to acquire understanding and absorb new information rapidly.
Analysis Skills: Identifies significant problems and opportunities.
Creativity: Generates new (creative) approaches to problems or original modifications (innovations) to established approaches.
Organization/Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budges in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities. Effectively juggles multiple projects. Anticipates reasonable contingencies. Pays reasonable attention to detail. Manages personal time well.
Excellence: Sets high “stretch” standards of performance for self and all coworkers. Demonstrates low tolerance for mediocrity. Requires high quality results. Exhibits conscientiousness and attention to detail.
Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities. Copes effectively with complexity.
Customer Focus: Regularly monitors customer satisfaction. Meets internal and external customer needs in ways that provide satisfaction and excellent results for the customer. Establishes partner relationships and regarded as visible and accessible by internal and external customers.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ArtiosCAD, TOPS or CAPE, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator; Internet software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software; Word Processing software.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities
Basic experience operating equipment and machinery: Kongsberg cutting table; Able to read measuring devices such as a tape measure.
One to two year’s experience in related field preferred; manufacturing experience a plus.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally required to stand; Occasionally required to walk; Frequently required to sit; Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; Frequently required to reach with hands and arms; Occasionally required to climb or balance; required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; Frequently required to talk or hear; Occasionally required to taste or smell.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Not exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); Occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; Not exposed to work in high, precarious places; Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; Not exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions; Not exposed to extreme cold (non-weather); Not exposed to extreme heat (non-weather); Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock; Not exposed to work with explosives; Not exposed to risk of radiation; Occasionally exposed to vibration.
Level of Noise of the work environment is: Moderate noise
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Pratt Industries is America's 5th largest paper and packaging company with more than 6,000 highly skilled green collar employees dedicated to the environment and sustainability. Pratt Industries is one of the largest corrugated packaging companies in America, with sophisticated manufacturing facilities in more than twenty states. The company operates four of the most modern, cost effective paper mills in the country, as well as a series of sheet and box plants strategically placed throughout the United States offering a wide range of creative packaging solutions. Pratt Industries is committed to recycling and the environment by harvesting the urban forest.
Pratt Industries offers competitive compensation plans with incentive opportunities, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, HSA, All State, Pre-Paid Legal, and 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Assistant Design Manager-Real Estate Development
Dolmen Property Group is currently seeking an Assistant Design Manager. This position will provide the opportunity to work as a part of our dynamic team, and will involve reporting directly to the ownership. We are seeking an ambitious and energetic individual who will assist in the management of the design stages of the overall development process.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist in the management of the entitlements process by working with local government, state, and federal agencies to obtain necessary permits and approvals
• Coordinate with architects, engineers, and other consultants
• Work with the general contractor, subcontractors and other vendors during construction
• Provide weekly and monthly reports and present to the ownership group
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Real Estate or other relevant field
• 1+ Years experience in the Real Estate Development/Construction Industry
• Proficiency in AutoCAD
• Ability to comprehend civil, mechanical and architectural plans
• Understanding of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Project
• Outgoing, professional demeanor with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
• An ability to stay organized and focused under pressure.
Assistant Design Sales Manager Home Improvement
We are seeking an in-home Sunroom & Deck designer/sales consultants that will meet with customers at their homes on preset/qualified appointments.
Our Home Improvement Company is coming off a record year in 2016 and is looking to add 2 additional Representatives to our team for the expected growth planned for 2017. We have the highest quality Home Improvement products in the industry(windows, roofing, bathrooms, kitchens, sunrooms) and many of our products are exclusive.
Our inside/outside marketing teams set and confirm all of our leads for our sales consultants with qualified, interested homeowners who are ready to move forward with their projects. We are consistently able to generate more warm leads than any other Home Improvement company in the area. We are lead rich which is allowing us to expand as soon as we have additional talented Managers as well as Sales Consultants.
We offer the best training in the industry which helps our current managers and sales consultants earn higher than average incomes(most over six figures) in the home improvement industry.
Join Our Team immediately and get ready to be part of a record breaking 2017. You owe it to yourself and your family to join our team and be part of an industry leader and be able to make to income you deserve.
We are looking for the best so please only reply if you have at least 2 years of Home Improvement sales and/or management or feel this opportunity will allow you the opportunity to be the best of the best.
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration.
We have more than doubled in size since 2008 and have already had a company record for the first quarter of 2017. We own some of the most sought after franchises in the industry.
We are experiencing a great return on our marketing efforts and are lead rich.
We are looking to expand to new territories and markets & are looking for the right partners to do it with.
If you are looking for a fast pace environment that is both challenging and monetarily satisfying this is the place for you!!
Perry Ellis International
Perry Ellis International is looking for an Assistant Designer who will be responsible for the administration and follow up of design process, as well as assisting in the conceptual development of product lines.
Actively participates in the conceptual development of product lines (i.e., sells ideas/concepts and convinces others to adopt a course of action).
Assists in ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc.
Responsible for details on design of product to include preparing and updating sketches and specifications.
Leads technical design fittings, clearly defines go-forward directives and ensures that updates are executed.
Ensure product design package is complete, accurate and handed off to product development team, tech department and vendors on time for prototypes and salesmen samples.
Monitors lab-dips, knit-downs, strike offs and handloom approvals.
- College degree in Fashion Design.
- 1-2 years design experience (may include summer jobs, internships, etc)
Ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology (e.g., illustrator and photoshop a must, U4RIA, PDM/and or PLM).
Strong design and conceptual skills.
Ability to design around concepts.
Superior Taste Level
Strong Color Sense
Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color ways, sewing techniques, graphics and trim.
Strong organizational, time management, communication and presentation skills.
Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body.
Assistant Kitchen Designer
Busy Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturer seeking help with kitchen designs and administration work
- Ability to multitask along with having great communication skills is a must.
- Must have knowledge of 20/20 Design Software and/or Cabinet Vision for kitchen cabinets.
- Must be familiar with Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- Will be answering inbound and making outbound telephone calls.
Interior Designer Assistant
Interior Design firm looking for part time Design assistant. Applicant must have a design degree or 1-2 years in the field.