Assistant Press Operator Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assistant Press Operator
First Assistant Press Operator
Post a Job
From stitching and binding to special coatings, embossing, intricate folds, die cutting, and 1-to-1 inkjet messaging, our Finishing team uses the industry s most advanced technology to transform ink on paper into finished pieces that grab consumers attention and drive sales and readership for our customers.
Quad Graphics in Chalfont, PA is looking for a First Assistant Press Operator. The position will ensure effective press operation including safety, make-ready, quality, production, training and maintenance. It will also utilize all ISO procedures, and maintain required paperwork relating to press operation. Communicate professionally with all internal and external customers. This position directly helps Quad Graphics drive profitability by reducing the cost of errors through consistent work quality.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
First Assistant Press Operator
Manufacturing - Finishing
Full time (FT)
Associated topics: bindery, binding, book, catalog, collate, feeder, magazine, magazines/catalog, offset printing, sheetfed
Printing Press Operator Assistant
- Assisting in all aspects of the operations of a Conquest 6-color UV screen printing press and related activities
- Mechanically inclined and highly detail oriented
- Good eye/hand coordination, physical speed, and vision
- Basic to intermediate mathematical and computer skills
- Skilled in use of measurement tools, i.e. calipers and ruler
- Ability to analyze cause and effect
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to perform non-repetitive lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Maintain good attendance
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday through Friday 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Saturdays and overtime as required.
- Life, and Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off and paid holidays
WAGE BASED ON PREVIOUS APPLICABLE EXPERIENCE.
Pre-employment drug testing required
Check us out at www.anagraphica.com
Flexographic Press Operator Assistant
My client located in Schaumburg, IL. seeks a Temporary to Hire Press Operator Assistant to work their Night Shift for $18-20/hr depending on experience
A Qualified Candidate for this positions would be able to perform the following tasks.
Assists in the setup and operation of flexographic printing press to meet quality and productivity requirements per customer specification and as designated by press operator, supervisor, or manager
Assists in assuring all product quality, safety, and production standards are met
Completes documentation in accurate manner
Assists in the change and install print cylinders and anilox rolls
Change deck parts and ink pumps
Set print cylinders into register
Check proper tension settings, verify repeat lengths are correct, curl is minimized, adhesive weights are correct, and roll appearance and colors are correct
Must be able to maintain proper ink and/or adhesive levels and notify lead operator and ink department personnel when level is low and needs additional materials
Setup and use AVT system
Use QC tools to test protocols to monitor quality
Monitors viscosity control
Color match each color to customer specification
Complete viscosity control log
Follow AIB guidelines
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of a High School diploma.
Minimum of two years of experience working on flexographic print presses
Master level of technical skills, specifically when it comes to measuring.
Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
Must be able to work from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Should you or anyone you know be interested in this position, please have them send their resume to us ASAP
As market specialists in these areas we understand your market and product solutions in considerable depth. This knowledge plays a key role in the process that enables us to source the best candidates using the most time efficient methods.
Screen Printing Press Operator (Auto/Manual Press - Textiles)
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
Do you look at a blank t-shirt and see a blank canvas? Do you have professional screen printing experience specifically on textiles? We're looking for a crafty individual with a meticulous and trained eye to help us make the best shirts ever. In your spare time you can be found at your local MakerSpace, sewing Comicon costumes, or frequenting local street fairs peddling & purchasing handmade merch. The ideal candidate is reliable, pays close attention to detail, and cares about the finished product. You must be motivated to produce high volumes of great prints and will do so on our M&R presses with Tri-Loc registration systems using plastisol & water-based inks. If you are driven by results, focus on procedures, and want to have an impact on a fast-paced team, while fighting for better, then let's get started.
Kotis Design is a screen printer, promo product peddler, graphic design firm and warehouse/fulfillment center; but most of all - we are brand evangelists. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising that in the end we always make the Best Shirts & Swag Ever. For 6 of the last 7 years we've been named one of the Fastest Growing companies in Washington and now we are expanding to Ohio. Merchandise we've created can be found coast-to-coast on the backs of college students and corporate execs alike.
Auto Press and Manual Press Operator Responsibilities
- Operate screen printing press including set-up, printing & tear down of jobs with attention to detail, quality of print, accuracy and speed.
- Read and complete work orders accurately.
- Identify and troubleshoot common screen printing problems.
- Clean equipment including removing ink from screens, squeegees, press & tools.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area at all times as well as promoting safety and cleanliness.
- Provide leadership for production assistants to ensure that they are performing tasks in an efficient and productive manner.
- Maintain equipment as required and notify management of any maintenance or repairs required.
- Miscellaneous tasks could be assigned such as exposing or cleaning screens, counting or stacking garments, mixing or modifying inks as production requirements dictate.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 30lbs at times
- Regularly stand for long periods of time while reaching with hands and arms
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to warm or cold weather. The noise level in the work environment is often loud.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 1+ years printing press experience may be substituted by comparable work experience
- Capable of remaining calm and composed under pressure. Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong attention to detail, and eye for quality control
- Problem solving ability
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Specific vision abilities include sharp vision, focus, depth perception and ability to identify colors
- Can quickly perform common math skills such as multiplying in dozens or calculating production rates
- Ability to read, write and comprehend complex written or oral instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English
Kotis offers a competitive benefit package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) with match with Roth and Traditional options
- Robust PTO program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Advancement opportunities
- Energetic and fun work environment with a dynamic culture
- Bonus system based on production
- 1st shift or 2nd shift - hours of employment will be based on preference and availability
- 1st shift : (5:30 AM - 2:00 PM)
- 2nd shift : (1:30 PM - 10:00 PM)
Digital Press Operator / Press Operator
- Oversee all printing production
- Run Konica Bizhub C110 and Bizhub C8000
- Run fiery command workstation
- Understand bindery processes - cutter, scoring, folder, drill press and padding
- Understand finishing processes- shrink wrap and packaging
- Prepare PDF files and manipulate files
- Use PMS color matching book and desitometer to measure dot characteristics and colorspace
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Three years minimum experience as Digital Press Operator
- Proficient in Mac Suite, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic design capabilities recommended
- Lifting up to 50 lbs on consistent basis
- Standing prolonged periods of time
M-F 8:30am- 5:00pm Full time with benefits
*Salary negotiable based on experience
Timson Press Assistant
JOB SUMMARY and MAJOR DUTIES:
Assist operator in production and maintenance of machine and learn machine operation. Learn printing technique and eventually become an operator. Check work that is coming off machine and be sure all scrap is thrown out. Set up Stacker and Bundler to send neat and well marked bundles to Bindery. See that all skids are safely stacked and wrapped before leaving Press area. Read job jacket and verify the product has right paper, bind type, ink color and run lengths. Ensure quality process.
Excellent math skills. Mechanical ability. Excellent attendance. Ability to work well in a team environment. Good safety skills. Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
High school diploma or equivalent
4-Color Printing Press Assistant
We are plastic card and badge manufacturing company for over 40 years in Brisbane. We have a busy operation and need the right person to join our team.
We are looking for a printing press assistant to work with our Head Pressman on our Koenig and Bauer 4-Color Printing Press.
We have a full time opportunity on our day shift with great benefits.
Experience preferred but will train the right person.
-catching sheets off the press
-loading plastic sheets on press
-folding rags for cleaning press
-press wash up
-operating guillotine cutter
-flexibility in learning new tasks as needed
-language English (Vietnamese and/or Chinese a plus but not required)
-be active and willing to learn
-able to lift 50 lbs
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short and optional long term disability protection, a 401(k) plan with company match, and flexible spending accounts after 30 days.
Screen Printing Press Assistant - 1St Shift
To be considered for this position, all applicants must complete an Employment Application: http://goo.gl/forms/icKlKKyMtx
Love keeping busy in a restaurant kitchen, but hate working late nights and holidays? Want to learn how to print cool t-shirts instead?
Fast growing Ann Arbor based company, Underground Printing (www.undergroundshirts.com), is looking for a hard-working and motivated individual to join our 1st Shift production team!
This position is entry-level shop help, but the qualified candidate will be trained to become a press operator. There is lots of room for advancement for the right candidate!
- We work in a fast paced environment that requires attention to detail and quick thinking
- The position will require standing all day, the ability to lift up to 40 lbs., and the ability to keep pace with production schedule!
- We seek an individual who excels at multitasking, is also able to follow and give detailed instructions, and someone who takes the initiative to lead!
This position is entry-level, full time, Monday - Friday.
This is a 1st Shift position! The shift runs 7:00AM - 3:00PM
As a press operator, additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Preparing each job in accordance with a job order or verbal or written instructions for screen printing production
- Maintain and ensure press equipment is clean and in proper operating condition daily
- Work with production manager to ensure all orders are completed as scheduled and are upheld to production standards
Underground Printing offers competitive pay with opportunity to earn raises, paid time off and promotions!
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance are available: UGP offers a variety of different employer-contributed PPO Medical Insurance plan options to choose from, as well as Dental and Vision Insurance. Full-time employees are also eligible to join our 401(k) Plan -- with employer matching!
Please apply by completing an Employment Application http://goo.gl/forms/icKlKKyMtx
Founded in 2001, Underground Printing offers high quality products, great prices, and unmatched service to customers large and small - from national retailers and Fortune 500 companies, to local businesses and college student groups.
Our technology and infrastructure allows us to provide the best quality, the lowest prices - all with the shortest turn-around in the industry! It is these traits that have propelled our growth, allowing us to be ranked in Impressions Magazine's Top 50 high-volume screen-printers for 6 years, and among Inc. Magazine's 5000 fastest growing companies for 6 years running!
Lead Press Operator Sheet Fed Press
Ability to run large multi-color sheet fed printing presses with coating, preferably conventional and UV presses. Print great quality commercial, game card, and packaging jobs to high production standards. Independently produce the printing turnkey jobs with only written job instructions and setting all press functions including sequence, type of printing, press set up, all mechanical settings, make-ready, run and wash up. Also will manage and train a crew of helper and second pressman. Have responsibility for preventive maintenance and the upkeep and cleanliness of the machine.
Essential Duties and
· Set up, adjust, operate, and maintain a multi-color offset press printing quality multi-color work with critical color values and critical register requirements.
· Review and understand job specifications to determine press set up, plate hanging, blanket and roller installation and settings, setting register and ink feed, feeding and delivering, and all press settings necessary to achieve a company and customer satisfying printed job.
· Facilitate great production meeting exceeding company expectations.
· Provide a safe environment while teaching a crew safety of personnel and machinery, while following all company safety manuals and company safety procedures and initiatives.
· Keep a clean machine and lubricate and complete all scheduled maintenance per the machine specifications while following all company maintenance procedures and guidelines.
· Utilize all densitometry measurements in the production of a job including LAB color, density, dot gain, and trap. Also maintain proper chemistry using daily conductivity meters, refractometers, and PH strips to insure proper fountain solution.
· Must have the ability to train new press helpers and second pressmen on helper and second pressman duties.
Perform all other related duties and projects as assigned by management.
· Ability to adequately view color accurately and identify print defects.
· Ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 10 to 25 pounds frequently.
· Ability to stand and perform the requirements of the position up to 12 hours with a few short breaks.
· Ability to utilize press densitometers to measure LAB color, density, dot gain, and trap. Also to properly use micrometers, refractometers, torque wrenches, and basic press tools efficiently.
· Willingness to abide by all plant practices and procedures.
· Overtime is an expected requirement.
· Ability to maintain great attendance and tardy record.
· Good knowledge of computers necessary to manage and run the press.
Press Brake And Punch Press Operator
Growing manufacturer with facilities in Elk Grove Village and Melrose Park, is looking to add to their growing team! Our Client is in need of a Punch Press operator in Elk Grove Village and also a Press Brake Operator in Melrose Park, IL. These positions are long term/ temp to hire with great benefits and great people to work with. Both positions are for 1st shift Monday through Saturday. Regular work hours are from 7am-3:30pm or 6am-2:30pm. Ideal candidate must be available to start as early as 6am and work as late as 5:30pm and half day on Saturday.
Ideal persons must be able to read blueprints. Use measuring tools such as vaniers, calipers, gauges and tape measure. Preferably a minimum of one year experience, open to train a recent graduate with like certifications.
Please submit your resume for consideration.